PDA

View Full Version : Team v The Rangers

Unseen work
24-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Well, what do we think/want the team to be?

Jamie Murphy unavailable due to being on loan.

.................Marciano..........

......McGinn.....Porteous....Hanlon.....

Boyle.......Irvine......Gogic......Doig.....

...................Hallberg.........

.............Doidge.........Nisbet....

Was toying with keeping Boyle up top as his pace could threaten rangers in behind. But I think he could be more of a threat when Barisic goes forward and we ca exploit the space.

Nisbet plays better with Doidge up with him and it also gives Rangers something to think about physically.

The team dominated the first 30 so the need to keep that in mind but concentrate fully for the whole game and take responsibility with set pieces.

No choice but to keep Porteous and Hanlon in.

I really fear for this forum and Jack Ross if we don’t at least draw on Wednesday.

Blaster
24-01-2021, 05:39 PM

Was toying with keeping Boyle up top as his pace could threaten rangers in behind. But I think he could be more of a threat when Barisic goes forward and we ca exploit the space.

Nisbet plays better with Doidge up with him and it also gives Rangers something to think about physically.

The team dominated the first 30 so the need to keep that in mind but concentrate fully for the whole game and take responsibility with set pieces.

I really fear for this forum and Jack Ross if we don’t at least draw on Wednesday.

I’d go with that but put newell in for Hallberg if fit

BlackSheep
24-01-2021, 05:41 PM

Agree with this, but perhaps move Newell back and flood our midfield

Unseen work
24-01-2021, 05:46 PM

Would agree with that. Really odd Newell never featured yesterday as he was very confident at the Killie game that he would be fit.

Smartie
24-01-2021, 05:46 PM

Strange one, this. It would be typically Hibs to go and win it.

It wouldn't actually surprise me if they took 6 or 7 off us given our current fragilities. I know folk will go nuts at that but any form table, or look back over how awful we've been over 90 minutes for the past half dozen games (with the odd flurry of acceptable football along the way) would suggest that we're equally at risk of taking a doing as we are of winning.

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Irvine
Doig

Allan

Nisbet
Doidge

Really hard to pick who to drop as so many deserve it. Really hard to decide who to come in as so few deserve to. Wright might deserve a chance as he's proven to be half decent at thwarting Rangers and Celtic in recent games so if we're going to try to keep the score down, he might be the man.

I have very little appetite to watch or acknowledge the game. It might be that to take a narrow defeat and move on would be acceptable and f*** watching that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-01-2021, 05:49 PM

It wouldn't actually surprise me if they took 6 or 7 off us given our current fragilities. I know folk will go nuts at that but any form table, or look back over how awful we've been over 90 minutes for the past half dozen games (with the odd flurry of acceptable football along the way) would suggest that we're equally at risk of taking a doing as we are of winning.

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Irvine
Doig

Allan

Nisbet
Doidge

Really hard to pick who to drop as so many deserve it. Really hard to decide who to come in as so few deserve to. Wright might deserve a chance as he's proven to be half decent at thwarting Rangers and Celtic in decent games so if we're going to try to keep the score down, he might be the man.

I have very little appetite to watch or acknowledge the game. It might be that to take a narrow defeat and move on would be acceptable and f*** watching that.

The signs are quite ominous right enough.

Centre Hawf
24-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Marciano

Cadden (RWB)
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Newell/Hallberg
Gogic
Irvine (similar to his role vs Killie)

Doidge
Nisbet

We don't have a lot we can change at the moment with injured players and lack of depth in certain areas. But for me Boyle needs taken out the side and Cadden gets another start to show what he can do. Doidge back in as others have said.

h1bs4life
24-01-2021, 05:55 PM

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Irvine
Doig

Allan

Nisbet
Doidge

Really hard to pick who to drop as so many deserve it. Really hard to decide who to come in as so few deserve to. Wright might deserve a chance as he's proven to be half decent at thwarting Rangers and Celtic in decent games so if we're going to try to keep the score down, he might be the man.

It would be typical Hibs to go and win it and also turnover St Johnstone next time we play them.
No appetite for the game at the moment but no doubt as it gets closer will start thinking we are going to beat them and will be watching hoping we can make amends for yesterday

500miles
24-01-2021, 05:58 PM
.................Marciano
.....McGinn..Porteous.Hanlon..
Cadden...... Newell............Doig
.......Irvine...Magennis/Hallberg
..........Doidge.......Nisbet

If the ball really slows down given the state of the pitch, you might have to change things around to a more defensive minded team with Gogic in, but we need to match thier energy otherwise. Get crosses into Doidge, Nisbet can drop a little deeper and do the link up if needed.

We could really do with a fit and consistent midfield.

Diclonius
24-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Regardless of the team this is going to be very uncomfortable viewing.

I would be tempted to put Doidge back in.

Stokesy's on fire
24-01-2021, 06:00 PM
At least Murphy can't play thats a plus

Lancs Harp
24-01-2021, 06:02 PM
I'd go for a complete change and bearing in mind we have all the answers on .net Id go with

Magpie
Hibsbollah
Hutchhibby
J-C
Dashing Bob
Prettyboy
Hermit Crab
Sylar
Diclonius
Jonnyboy
MWhibbies

No formation total football, fly goalie. Hibs 8 Rangers 0

:wink::greengrin

Mikey_1875
24-01-2021, 06:03 PM
Think the OP is right with the team unless Newell is fit then he will be swapped for Hallberg. I can’t see us deviating too much from that at all.

I actually think we will play pretty well (not necessarily win) on Wed. Rangers aren’t going to come to ER and sit in so we will have space to operate wide and in behind which will suit us and we have played reasonably well in the past against them. Defensively is a big worry though and an early rangers goal could completely break us. Wouldn’t put any must win or must perform tags on this one, everything will still be a bit raw on Wednesday for the fans regardless of the outcome.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 06:04 PM
It’s going to turn into a midfield battle with the state of the pitch, especially since the snow and temperatures since our last game. Need three in the middle of the park and need Doidge up top. Can see it being a very aggressive Hibs performance.

Diclonius
24-01-2021, 06:06 PM
I'd go for a complete change and bearing in mind we have all the answers on .net Id go with

Magpie
Hibsbollah
Hutchhibby
J-C
Dashing Bob
Prettyboy
Hermit Crab
Sylar
Diclonius
Jonnyboy
MWhibbies

I'm completely useless at football as I never played when I was a kid and only got into it as a teenager. In any case, I'm right footed so can't play left wing. :wink:

houstonhibbee
24-01-2021, 06:15 PM
I'm completely useless at football as I never played when I was a kid and only got into it as a teenager. In any case, I'm right footed so can't play left wing. :wink:
no formation so free to roam :greengrin

CMurdoch
24-01-2021, 06:18 PM

also you are shown in the midfield with HC and he would be bound to annoy you by babbling on and on about loyalty points :wink:

J-C
24-01-2021, 06:20 PM

Magpie
Hibsbollah
Hutchhibby
J-C
Dashing Bob
Prettyboy
Hermit Crab
Sylar
Diclonius
Jonnyboy
MWhibbies

Wrong position for me, I was a midfielder :greengrin better rugby player though.

houstonhibbee
24-01-2021, 06:21 PM

Marciano and Irvine keep their places on merit
McGinn keeps place in preference to Cadden
Hanlon and Porteous as there is limited alternatives
Gogic as we need some steel in midfield
Doig, Nisbet and Boyle for their pace on the break as we will have limited possession
Allan and Newell for their guile and tenacity

So my team in 4-4-2

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Newell
Gogic
Allan
Irvine

Boyle
Nisbet

Subs
The new goalie
McGregor
Stevenson
Cadden
Hallberg
Mallan
Gullan
Bradley
Doidge

Diclonius
24-01-2021, 06:24 PM
also you are shown in the midfield with HC and he would be bound to annoy you by babbling on and on about loyalty points :wink:

I like loyalty points too!

Heisenberg
It’ll be 3-5-2 I think. Doidge back up front with Nisbet then it’s tombola time for the three central midfield positions.

Lancs Harp
Wrong position for me, I was a midfielder :greengrin better rugby player though.

Which bit of total football are you lot not getting :greengrin

Hibs2105
24-01-2021, 06:25 PM
Got a feeling we will see a 433 with Nisbet and Boyle either side of Doidge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greenworld
24-01-2021, 06:26 PM
I would go with this Macey done nothing wrong prior games

Macey

Porteous mcgregor hanlon doig

Gogic

Irvine Newell hallberg

Doidge Nisbet

Mcgregor in to shout and organise

CMurdoch
24-01-2021, 06:36 PM

I would pretty much agree with that.
Adding Doidge helps Nisbet up front and helps our backline at defensive set pieces both of which we missed badly yesterday.
Adding Hallberg gives us a player to take set pieces which we also missed badly yesterday. Better saving Newell for the next game if not 100%.
As ever against the Old Firm there will be lots of room for Boyle to play for a change. Hope he makes use of it.
A little worried we might injure Irvine by playing him so for so many minutes in such a short period of time after 10 months out but he does look like he is up to it. Probably bring him off if the game gets away from us and wrap him up for the next game.

Hibee Mac
24-01-2021, 06:50 PM
This is an odd one, given the game yesterday I actually couldn't give a toss about the game v the Rangers... not yet anyway, no doubt that will change come kick off

That result has was a real kick in the balls, and I don't see anything in the players or their current form that suggest to me they can make much of a game of it

JimBHibees
24-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Would agree with that. Really odd Newell never featured yesterday as he was very confident at the Killie game that he would be fit.

Personally think that was a ruse don't think he was ever going to be fit. Wouldn't be surprised if he was out for a few weeks

JimBHibees
24-01-2021, 06:53 PM

Macey

Gogic

Irvine Newell hallberg

Doidge Nisbet

Porteous at right back?

Lancs Harp
24-01-2021, 06:55 PM
This is an odd one, given the game yesterday I actually couldn't give a toss about the game v the Rangers... not yet anyway, no doubt that will change come kick off

That result has was a real kick in the balls, and I don't see anything in the players or their current form that suggest to me they can make much of a game of it

Keep the faith fella, we've had it tougher than this.

No pressure against Rangers, expectation is virtually zero. Just go out there fellas and give it your all, if we are to go down to a team that is clearly the best side in the league this season then at least go down with all guns blazing, blood sweat tears and leave nothing in the locker.

Might be my head ruling my heart but I think we'll put up a performance.

roo62
24-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Regardless of the team this is going to be very uncomfortable viewing.

I would be tempted to put Doidge back in.

So would I. Although he is not firing his work rate is decent and he does a job for us defensively at corners and free kicks. He also gives us more physicality and helps Nisbet.352 for me at the moment.Wish Ross would stop tinkering with formations too.

Hibee Mac
24-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Keep the faith fella, we've had it tougher than this.

No pressure against Rangers, expectation is virtually zero. Just go out there fellas and give it your all, if we are to go down to a team that is clearly the best side in the league this season then at least go down with all guns blazing, blood sweat tears and leave nothing in the locker.

Might be my head ruling my heart but I think we'll put up a performance.

That would certainly go some way towards getting back on track in the league. Would be nice to see us put up a proper fight against them rather than sit deep and hope for a break on the counter.

And you're right about having it tougher than this, pretty sure that week before the final in 2016 was 10 times worse, having lost the LC final and just lost playoff to Falkirk. But that's what made the win feel all the more special [emoji23][emoji106]

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 07:04 PM

Macey

Gogic

Irvine Newell hallberg

Doidge Nisbet

Porteous bombing up and down the right hand side would be a sight to behold 😂 The lack of pace at centre half is frightening so we’d have to defend our own box. And you’d drop our number one when he has done nothing wrong, fair enough. Quality team.

Hiber-nation
24-01-2021, 07:06 PM

Magpie
Hibsbollah
Hutchhibby
J-C
Dashing Bob
Prettyboy
Hermit Crab
Sylar
Diclonius
Jonnyboy
MWhibbies

Jonnyboy up front playing the Shefki Kuqi role :wink:

Lancs Harp
24-01-2021, 07:06 PM
Id play Macey and Marciano.

1875Sean
24-01-2021, 07:11 PM
Id go with

Rocky

McGinn McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Cadden Gogic Irvine Mallan
Doidge Nisbet

Would take Porto out for a game or two, like Doig but has showed when players attack that flank it’s an issue.

Boyle or Cadden is a close one but would give Cadden the nod as Boyle seems off it

Highwayman
24-01-2021, 07:28 PM
I would go 3-4-3

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Wright
Gogic
Irvine
Doig

Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

I know Wright isn’t Mr Popular but he seemed to carry out JRs instructions last time against Rangers where he and Paul McGinn kept Ryan Kent quiet.
Doidge needs to be told to go on and use his physicality to batter Goldson and whoever is co.centre back is and try and create some space for Boyle and Nisbet.

Pretty Boy
24-01-2021, 07:35 PM
Doidge, McGinn, Irvine and Newell if fit all have to start.

Beyond that I'm stumped. I'd probably struggle to make a strong case for anyone to really deserve a start. The only area we have real room for manourevre in is midfield. No real options to change it in central defence or up top.

Marciano

Wright (RWB)
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Irvine
Newell

Nisbet
Doidge

I fully expect peltier for suggesting Wright starts but he has done a job twice v Rangers this season. Scoring at ER and was defensively solid at Ibrox. Hallberg in for Newell if he's still out.

Smartie
24-01-2021, 07:38 PM

Beyond that I'm stumped. I'd probably struggle to make a strong case for anyone to really deserve a start. The only area we have real room for manourevre in is midfield. No real options to change it in central defence or up top.

Marciano

Wright (RWB)
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Irvine
Newell

Nisbet
Doidge

I fully expect peltier for suggesting Wright starts but he has done a job twice v Rangers this season. Scoring at ER and was defensively solid at Ibrox. Hallberg in for Newell if he's still out.

I actually think this is a great shout and wouldn’t argue with any of it.

Fergos
24-01-2021, 07:43 PM
Id play Macey and Marciano.

I would too. Think they would make a decent front pairing.

GGTTH

J-C
24-01-2021, 07:44 PM
If we go 2 in the middle we'll be totally overrun, so either 352 or 433 to be competitive.
I'd go 433

Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Irvine
Newell
Hallberg

Boyle
Doidge
Nisbet

A Hi-Bee
24-01-2021, 07:45 PM
Play the 2 goalies, with Macey at centre half, make the goals a wee bit smaller as well.
I also happen to think that as it is Hibs we may well get a result against the hun......

MrRobot
24-01-2021, 07:55 PM
Hallberg, Newell and Doidge should be back in the starting team.

Dr What If?
24-01-2021, 08:02 PM

Magpie
Hibsbollah
Hutchhibby
J-C
Dashing Bob
Prettyboy
Hermit Crab
Sylar
Diclonius
Jonnyboy
MWhibbies

Its like school all over again, I never got picked then either.....worst weekend ever!!! :boo hoo:

EI255
24-01-2021, 08:37 PM
I've really no interest in this game whatsoever.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
24-01-2021, 08:40 PM
I've really no interest in this game whatsoever.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

You will post match if we win.

Keep the faith

We are Hibs (much better than "we are all Hibs" as a slogan for me)

ahibby
24-01-2021, 08:41 PM
I take my hat of to you guys who have called a team fir the next match. I say that because JR has confused me so much with his inexplicable calls of late I have no idea what our best starting eleven is. Well done to all of you.

USAHibee
24-01-2021, 09:23 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Hanlon
Stevenson

Cadden RWB
Irvine
Newell
Hallberg
Doig LWB

Nisbet
Doidge

GreenCastle
24-01-2021, 09:56 PM
Why do people suddenly think Newell is going to be fine to start on Wednesday when he didn’t even make the bench on Saturday. Groin strains take a good few weeks.

Murphy I think will be out injured for a few weeks too..looking like he did something to his hamstring / hence why he didn’t get close enough to player and allowed the cross for the goal - Ross should have subbed him earlier.

Wouldn’t start Cadden either - clearly not match fit like Irvine. Of course games will get him fit but Boyle on right and Doidge and Nizzy up top.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 09:58 PM
Why do people suddenly think Newell is going to be fine to start on Wednesday when he didn’t even make the bench on Saturday. Groin strains take a good few weeks.

Murphy I think will be out injured for a few weeks too..looking like he did something to his hamstring / hence why he didn’t get close enough to player and allowed the cross for the goal - Ross should have subbed him earlier.

Wouldn’t start Cadden either - clearly not match fit like Irvine. Of course games will get him fit but Boyle on right and Doidge and Nizzy up top.

Murphy can’t play regardless.

Nicho87
24-01-2021, 10:00 PM
Meh, while Ross is there does it matter

flash
25-01-2021, 08:16 AM
Meh, while Ross is there does it matter

To those of us who care yes it does.

JohnMcM
25-01-2021, 09:58 AM
It's Sevco we're playing. The choice of goalie must be down to which one of them is the penalty saver:wink:

H18S NX
25-01-2021, 10:15 AM
To be totally honest I don't think I care what team plays,I just can't seem to be taking an interest at all,at the moment it is all just so deflating.

number9dream
25-01-2021, 10:16 AM
Assuming Newell is still not fit...

Rocky
McGinn Porteous, Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Gogic Irvine Doig
Nisbet Doidge

Tempted to bench Porteous & Boyle but not sure it's a game to bring in a rusty McGregor and Cadden looked miles off it at Hampden.
Porteous needs to keep the heid and keep it simple. I'm worried he does something rash and red card worthy.
Doidge needs to stay right up top through the middle. Let Nisbet drop deep and drift wide from time to time.

Jones28
25-01-2021, 10:21 AM
Assuming Newell is still not fit...

Rocky
McGinn Porteous, Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Gogic Irvine Doig
Nisbet Doidge

Tempted to bench Porteous & Boyle but not sure it's a game to bring in a rusty McGregor and Cadden looked miles off it at Hampden.
Porteous needs to keep the heid and keep it simple. I'm worried he does something rash and red card worthy.
Doidge needs to stay right up top through the middle. Let Nisbet drop deep and drift wide from time to time.

That would be my team too.

Key West
25-01-2021, 10:27 AM

Same team with Mallan instead of Hallberg.

flash
25-01-2021, 10:28 AM
That would be my team too.

And mine with Newall for Hallberg if fit.

Keith_M
25-01-2021, 10:29 AM
I think we should go for a 4-6-0 formation and keep the score down.

thebausburst
25-01-2021, 11:12 AM
To be totally honest I don't think I care what team plays,I just can't seem to be taking an interest at all,at the moment it is all just so deflating.

This is how I feel 100%, not that bothered if we finish 3,4 or 5th in league, Hearts semi and yesterday were FAR more important to me and we blew it again, I’m fed up with Ross now ready for someone who can motivate the players for the big games which he clearly can’t (note 2nd half performances when behind!!).

flash
25-01-2021, 11:28 AM
A reminder this thread is titled "Team V The Rangers" and not "Look at how little I care about this match."
Several hundred other threads to whinge on are available.

BoomtownHibees
25-01-2021, 11:59 AM

Macey

Gogic

Irvine Newell hallberg

Doidge Nisbet

Porteous at right back and no width at all? Not for me

Ozyhibby
25-01-2021, 12:03 PM
Difficult to care after the weekend.

flash
25-01-2021, 12:05 PM

What position does he play?

Billy Whizz
25-01-2021, 12:18 PM

It’s not really, it’s really important game
Think he’ll add a bit of experience in Lewis and Christian to start

broondog
25-01-2021, 12:23 PM
Marciano

Cadden (RWB)
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Newell/Hallberg
Gogic
Irvine (similar to his role vs Killie)

Doidge
Nisbet

We don't have a lot we can change at the moment with injured players and lack of depth in certain areas. But for me Boyle needs taken out the side and Cadden gets another start to show what he can do. Doidge back in as others have said.

Agree with the this 100% want to see Boyle dropped for one game and see how we do with players used to playing the WB role. Square pegs in round holes haven’t been working for us

jeffers
25-01-2021, 12:39 PM
If Ross wants to go 3-5-2 then I’d bring back David Gray and give him a few games to get back up to speed. He’ll obviously be rusty but that didn’t stop Ross picking Cadden on Saturday. If, as some people I insist, he’s finished at this level give him a few games to decide that once and for all.

lord bunberry
25-01-2021, 03:43 PM
If Ross wants to go 3-5-2 then I’d bring back David Gray and give him a few games to get back up to speed. He’ll obviously be rusty but that didn’t stop Ross picking Cadden on Saturday. If, as some people I insist, he’s finished at this level give him a few games to decide that once and for all.
I’d put Gray and Big Daz in, they can’t do any worse than the defence did on Saturday.

Stuart93
25-01-2021, 04:32 PM
Just want to see some fight in this one. Some bounce back after Saturday. Get battered & things will be even worse.

We’ve done well against them in both games so far this season

madhatter
25-01-2021, 04:51 PM
Stevenson has to play. Doig, Murphy and Irvine were horrendous for the 3rd goal. All 3 switch off. People complain about CB but Doig did get done a few times and for the 3rd goal switched off. I think he was still holding on to Wotherspoon at the corner flag while they passed back and then into our box. He should’ve dropped Wortherspoon (not be so close) as soon as he released the ball. In actual fact, if I remember correctly Doig and Murphy looked like they had given up when Rooney strode into our box. Murphy made a poor attempt to chase back and Doig just looked like he was a spectator and was almost already walking up to the halfway line. Definitely needs dropped.

Marciano
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Gogic
Hallberg Newell
Irvine
Gullan Nisbet

1875Sean
25-01-2021, 04:57 PM
I seen Hibs advertise the match against Rangers with Irvine Welsh, I thought if it was on Sky it was only for international subscribers, is that right?

Billy Whizz
25-01-2021, 04:58 PM
I seen Hibs advertise the match against Rangers with Irvine Welsh, I thought if it was on Sky it was only for international subscribers, is that right?

I thought all season ticket holders can watch HIbsPass for every home game

madhatter
25-01-2021, 05:14 PM
Just watched highlights for a bit of torture. I think Porteous needs dropped. People complain about Hanlon but Porteous was caught underneath the ball for both their set piece goals. Hanlon was poor but I think Porteous was worse in this game, not sure if that knock he took had an impact or not. Knock was his own fault from recollection, sure he tried to be fancy again.

On their 2nd, I have no idea why we didn’t hold a higher line at the set piece. Think we dropped at least 1-2 yards into our box before the free kick was taken. Force them higher and worse case scenario you have to fight at the knock downs...instead we dropped and gave them a chance to header at goal. Great header but if we were 1-2 yards higher I don’t think it would have happened.

McGregor for Porteous.

B.H.F.C
25-01-2021, 05:16 PM

All home games are available to season ticket holders but no PPV if on Sky.

Lancs Harp
25-01-2021, 06:04 PM
Stevenson has to play. Doig, Murphy and Irvine were horrendous for the 3rd goal. All 3 switch off. People complain about CB but Doig did get done a few times and for the 3rd goal switched off. I think he was still holding on to Wotherspoon at the corner flag while they passed back and then into our box. He should’ve dropped Wortherspoon (not be so close) as soon as he released the ball. In actual fact, if I remember correctly Doig and Murphy looked like they had given up when Rooney strode into our box. Murphy made a poor attempt to chase back and Doig just looked like he was a spectator and was almost already walking up to the halfway line. Definitely needs dropped.

Marciano
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Gogic
Hallberg Newell
Irvine
Gullan Nisbet

Personally I think Rangers have too much pace and movement for that back four.

southern hibby
26-01-2021, 01:31 PM

Magpie
Hibsbollah
Hutchhibby
J-C
Dashing Bob
Prettyboy
Hermit Crab
Sylar
Diclonius
Jonnyboy
MWhibbies

What this tells me is I’m still the fat kid that never gets picked, even to go in goals. 😢😢😢

Guarantee (fat or not ) if you had picked me you’d have got 100% effort and I’d supply the half time biscuits, chocolate bars and Coca Cola.

GGTTH

G B Young
26-01-2021, 01:31 PM

Agreed.

One good thing about the pandemic is at least there will be no fans there. There would be more Rangers fans than Hibs fans in the ground.

Oh, and we'll almost certainly get well beaten.

flash
26-01-2021, 01:33 PM
Agreed.

One good thing about the pandemic is at least there will be no fans there. There would be more Rangers fans than Hibs fans in the ground.

Why is this dross in the thread called "Team V The Rangers"?

JimBHibees
26-01-2021, 01:40 PM
Agreed.

Haven't been well beaten in either game this season including when we should have had clear pen at Ibrox.

G B Young
26-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Haven't been well beaten in either game this season including when we should have had clear pen at Ibrox.

No, but after Saturday I suspect we're mentally done for.

Hopefully I'm wrong but even a good performance against Rangers would do little at this stage to soften the blow of the St Johnstone disgrace.

JimBHibees
26-01-2021, 01:55 PM
No, but after Saturday I suspect we're mentally done for.

Hopefully I'm wrong but even a good performance against Rangers would do little at this stage to soften the blow of the St Johnstone disgrace.

Maybe so think we will see a reaction. Nothing we can do about Saturday.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Marciano

Boyle

Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon

Stevenson

Gogic
Irvine
Allan

Doidge
Nisbet

danhibees1875
26-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Agreed.

Has there ever in recent history, even at our lowest, been more away fans than home in ER? (At the beginning :greengrin )

No chance there would be more rangers fans at it. :confused:

4-4-2?

Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Irvine Gogic Doig
Doidge Nisbet

Oscar T Grouch
26-01-2021, 02:17 PM
See the BBC has an article about the huns going undefeated this season (in the league), shirley that is a nail on that we win on Wednesday no? :greengrin

Peevemor
26-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Has there ever in recent history, even at our lowest, been more away fans than home in ER? (At the beginning :greengrin )

Happened fairly often with the uglies during the 80s I'm afraid.

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 02:24 PM
Agreed.

A semi final defeat and we’d lose 8k season ticket holders from attending and have no walk ups 😂

danhibees1875
26-01-2021, 02:27 PM
Happened fairly often with the uglies during the 80s I'm afraid.

We maybe have different ideas of recent history, but I'll let you have that one. :greengrin

Nicho87
26-01-2021, 03:43 PM
If the bounce back effect is anything to go by like the last time I don’t hold much hope.
That Aberdeen performance was the worst 90 minutes produced under jack Ross tenure.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Newell still out tomorrow

ancient hibee
26-01-2021, 06:42 PM
Pity.

Carheenlea
26-01-2021, 07:34 PM
Newell still out tomorrow

That`s disappointing.

hibbysam
26-01-2021, 07:36 PM
Not overly sure it would’ve been a game for Newell with the pitch the way it is. Love him and think he’s one of our best players, but could end up being a battle in the middle (I hope it does anyway and we get stuck in), Gogic needs to stay disciplined in his position, with hopefully Hallberg and Irvine providing the legs beside him. Think he’ll probably play Nisbet on the left and Boyle right with Doidge up top.

Billy Whizz
26-01-2021, 07:44 PM
That`s disappointing.

It’s on the Hibs YouTube pre match press conference
For the posters who didn’t like his style, I thought Jack looked and sounded focused on the game tomorrow

JimBHibees
26-01-2021, 07:48 PM
It’s on the Hibs YouTube pre match press conference
For the posters who didn’t like his style, I thought Jack looked and sounded focused on the game tomorrow

Agree. Get the impression Newell was always going to be out for a few weeks

PH91
26-01-2021, 08:37 PM
Crap pitch and newell out so i don't expect us to be moving the ball through the middle of the park much tomorrow. I'm not a fan of gogic but this game is probably as suited to him as we will ever get.

352 for me, doidge up front with nisbet to suit a more direct game. Hallberg and irvine have both shown they have energy about them and can get up to support the strikers so i would start them in front of gogic. Doig on the left and i would play wright or cadden on the right and let them do a defensive job. Boyle needs to know he isn't undroppable and if we can stay in the game i don't think it would be bad to have an angry boyle to come on going into the last half hour along with allan.

Anthony Soprano
27-01-2021, 11:08 AM

Marciano

Wright (RWB)
McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Irvine
Newell

Nisbet
Doidge

Would agree with most of this. The only change I would make would be Macey, should never of been dropped in the first place IMO. Nobody is guaranteed a spot in the team and Rocky should have to come in and win his spot back after Macey got off to a good start.

Just seen Newell is out, Allan in for Newell if fit to start, if not then Hallberg.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2021, 11:53 AM
3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

Rocky should never have got his place back so easy. Porteous needs to realise he's not a first pick. Boyle - see Porteous.
Doidge was our best, most unconventional goal scorer and we were so dangerous when he was on form.

flash
27-01-2021, 12:02 PM
Rocky is our number one and rarely lets us down. Not sure why he wouldn't go straight back in.

h1bs4life
27-01-2021, 12:10 PM
3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

Rocky should never have got his place back so easy. Porteous needs to realise he's not a first pick. Boyle - see Porteous.
Doidge was our best, most unconventional goal scorer and we were so dangerous when he was on form.

Quite like the look of that team could drop either central defender but I would drop Hanlon and see what Porteous and MacGregor are like together .

happiehibbie
27-01-2021, 12:26 PM
Marciano
McGinn Hanlon McGregor Doig

Gogic

Boyle Halberg Newel

ivine

Nisbet

He could push Doig to make the 5 in Midfield

TBH I fear the worst

happiehibbie
27-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Marciano
McGinn Hanlon McGregor Doig

Gogic

Boyle Halberg Newel

ivine

Nisbet

He could push Doig to make the 5 in Midfield

TBH I fear the worst

Just found out Newal is out so Cadden will come in

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2021, 12:28 PM
Quite like the look of that team could drop either central defender but I would drop Hanlon and see what Porteous and MacGregor are like together .

I just want to get players in their natural positions.

Porteous, in my opinion, needs to know he can be dropped. MacGregor is a leader.

Cadden is RWB, Doig is LWB.

Hallberg has the second most assists for us.

Boyle, hasn't played since he signed a new contract.

Nisbet and Doidge were forming an excellent partnership.

You could bring Boyle on for Nisbet, Magennis on for Hallberg/Irvine, Porteous could replace Darren later. IMO Allan should make cameo appearances in games we are coasting.

Allez Hibs
27-01-2021, 12:29 PM
3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

I'd try Maccy too.

Interested to see how Irvine does against Rangers, like the look of him, could be a very good player for Hibs.

B.H.F.C
27-01-2021, 12:38 PM
I just want to get players in their natural positions.

Porteous, in my opinion, needs to know he can be dropped. MacGregor is a leader.

Cadden is RWB, Doig is LWB.

Hallberg has the second most assists for us.

Boyle, hasn't played since he signed a new contract.

Nisbet and Doidge were forming an excellent partnership.

You could bring Boyle on for Nisbet, Magennis on for Hallberg/Irvine, Porteous could replace Darren later. IMO Allan should make cameo appearances in games we are coasting.

The Hallberg assists thing needs a wee bit context IMO.

One against Brora. One against Cove (playing right back). Brought down for a penalty at Livingston. A two yard pass to Magennis against Dundee Utd. A decent run and cross against Motherwell.

He’s not some kind of creative spark for us. With the signing of Irvine and Allan and Magennis on the way back, I think he’ll struggle to get as much game time. Tonight might be too soon for them so he might play (and hopefully gets another assist if he does).

Lago
27-01-2021, 12:43 PM
To be frank I really don't think it matters what team Hibs put out tomorrow, rangers will be just too strong.

JohnM1875
27-01-2021, 12:44 PM
So, is this match included via Hibs Pass for season ticket holders? Or is it only for international Hibs TV holders seeing as the games in Sky Sports?

Peevemor
27-01-2021, 12:44 PM
To be frank I really don't think it matters what team Hibs put out tomorrow, rangers will be just too strong.

Especially since tomorrow we'll be a day late! :wink:

Lago
27-01-2021, 12:47 PM
Especially since tomorrow we'll be a day late! :wink:
Ah you spotted my deliberate mistake 😁

JohnMcM
27-01-2021, 12:49 PM
So, is this match included via Hibs Pass for season ticket holders? Or is it only for international Hibs TV holders seeing as the games in Sky Sports?

Yes, Hibs Pass is for all home games I believe.

JohnM1875
27-01-2021, 01:08 PM
Yes, Hibs Pass is for all home games I believe.

Superb! Cheers for the reply. I was under the impression of it wa son Sky Sports we couldn't view via Hibs Pass. Must be wrong! Thanks again.

JohnMcM
27-01-2021, 01:26 PM
Superb! Cheers for the reply. I was under the impression of it wa son Sky Sports we couldn't view via Hibs Pass. Must be wrong! Thanks again.

You're welcome.

When a match is covered by Sky it means we can't do PPV which is different from Hibs Pass.

California-Hibs
27-01-2021, 02:21 PM
Are we in for a surprise and Scott Allan starting?

Smartie
27-01-2021, 02:34 PM
Are we in for a surprise and Scott Allan starting?

I'd always be starting him.

There's a decent partnership to be made there with Kevin Nisbet.

I don't know much about his health issues though and it may be a bit soon for him to be starting games.

Just don't know though.

I don't know how much our pitch will suit him over the rest of this season to be honest. We might be as well abandoning football altogether and just lumping it as it has looked very difficult to play on in recent matches.

hhibs
27-01-2021, 02:55 PM
It may just be just another random selection and set up which will confuse us all.

EVENTUALLY
27-01-2021, 03:10 PM
3 - 5 - 2 for me.

Maccy

McGinn MacGregor Hanlon

Cadden (RWB) Doig (LWB)

Gogic
Hallberg Irvine

Nisbet Doidge

Macy was brought in to replace Barnes and he's done that. Macy has not made a save that Marciano couldn't have and his positioning for Turnbull's free kick at Parkhead was poor. His handling and kicking have not inspired confidence so its Rocky for me.

Porteous is first pick, unquestionably and justifiably. Darren's use of the ball has never been a strong point and he has looked shaky in his league cup appearances. Ryan keeps the jersey.

Cadden was anonymous at Hampden. Gullan for me. He is more than capable of the strong running role required to fill the wing back position and he deserves the opportunity to be starting.

The unconventional Doidge has hardly been on form all season. Boyle's pace and ball striking ability is more likely to trouble Rangers tall centre backs.

I'd also play Scott Allan instead of Gogic.

Since452
27-01-2021, 03:15 PM
I think Boyle has been like playing a man short at the minute however he'd be a decent out ball tonight. We'll have next to no possession so need to hit them on the break quickly when we do get it.

hibbysam
27-01-2021, 03:20 PM
Macy was brought in to replace Barnes and he's done that. Macy has not made a save that Marciano couldn't have and his positioning for Turnbull's free kick at Parkhead was poor. His handling and kicking have not inspired confidence so its Rocky for me.

Porteous is first pick, unquestionably and justifiably. Darren's use of the ball has never been a strong point and he has looked shaky in his league cup appearances. Ryan keeps the jersey.

Cadden was anonymous at Hampden. Gullan for me. He is more than capable of the strong running role required to fill the wing back position and he deserves the opportunity to be starting.

The unconventional Doidge has hardly been on form all season. Boyle's pace and ball striking ability is more likely to trouble Rangers tall centre backs.

While I’d always have Rocky in from the start, there was nothing wrong with Maceys positioning for the goal at Celtic park. There is also absolutely no chance of Gullan playing right wing back when he’s a left footed striker. And Scott Allan is still coming back to full fitness and we need Gogic’s combative style against this side.

mjpenn_89
27-01-2021, 03:29 PM
(Gk) Marciano

(Cb) Porteous
(Cb) McGregor
(Cb) Hanlon

(Rwb) McGinn
(Lwb) Doig

(Cm) Hallberg
(Cm) Gogic
(Cm) Irvine

(Cf) Doidge
(Cf) Nisbet

Brining in McGregor to support Porteous and Hanlon with any slip ups, but also to have a leader on the park.

If we can hold The Rangers for as long as possible, frustrating them by breaking up the play will work, hopefully, with that starting 11.

Then, if the game is close, brining people like Allan and Boyle to switch the game around could work.

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-01-2021, 03:57 PM

Same here, what will piss me of if we raise our game tonight but not against poor teams like the poppy thieves, Ross County, Dundee United.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2021, 03:59 PM

I had Cadden at RWB, Gullan can’t play there, not that I know. Unsure how at 22 Porto is first pick, especially after shipping two goals and hardly inspiring in his last five outings.

Maccy was signed to challenge Rocky, in my eyes he was doing that.

Scott Allan - it was wrong to bring him on on Saturday. It’s wrong to start him tonight. He’s not ready.

When was the last time Boyle struck a ball in anger towards goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EVENTUALLY
27-01-2021, 04:00 PM
While I’d always have Rocky in from the start, there was nothing wrong with Maceys positioning for the goal at Celtic park. There is also absolutely no chance of Gullan playing right wing back when he’s a left footed striker. And Scott Allan is still coming back to full fitness and we need Gogic’s combative style against this side.

Yes there was. The space left to the scored side of the goal was too much even for a 6ft 7in goalie. it was a goal before the kick was taken.

And yet Jack Ross is hellbent on playing the right footed McGennis on the left hand side of the pitch on every occasion he throws him in.

We don't need Gogic playing 3 5 2 at home with Hallberg in the side. We need footballers who are capable of passing the ball. Scott Allan does that.

Its Rangers we're playing and with a wee bit more belief we can do more than get a 2- 2 draw or 1 nil defeat.

happiehibbie
27-01-2021, 04:04 PM
Yes there was. The space left to the scored side of the goal was too much even for a 6ft 7in goalie. it was a goal before the kick was taken.

And yet Jack Ross is hellbent on playing the right footed McGennis on the left hand side of the pitch on every occasion he throws him in.

We don't need Gogic playing 3 5 2 at home with Hallberg in the side. We need footballers who are capable of passing the ball. Scott Allan does that.

Its Rangers we're playing and with a wee bit more belief we can do more than get a 2- 2 draw or 1 nil defeat.

Rangers are to quick in midfield for SA last game he played at ER they where on hm like lightning.

he will play one up front 5 across the middle 3 at the back

CropleyWasGod
27-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Rangers are to quick in midfield for SA last game he played at ER they where on hm like lightning.

he will play one up front 5 across the middle 3 at the back

I don't normally get involved in tactical discussions, but even I can see that will put us at a disadvantage :greengrin

Since452
27-01-2021, 04:12 PM
Rangers will be crossing balls in all night. We are woefull at defending them. Hopefully Porteous has removed the lead from his boots.

EVENTUALLY
27-01-2021, 04:18 PM
I had Cadden at RWB, Gullan can’t play there, not that I know. Unsure how at 22 Porto is first pick, especially after shipping two goals and hardly inspiring in his last five outings.

Ryan nows offers more than Darren. His all round play is better. I'm afraid Daz's time is coming to an end.

Maccy was signed to challenge Rocky, in my eyes he was doing that but has not done enough yet to take the gloves.

Scott Allan - it was wrong to bring him on on Saturday. It’s wrong to start him tonight. He’s not ready.

When was the last time Boyle struck a ball in anger towards goal?

Clearly we don't know about Gullan but he is every bit as worthy of the role with his skill set. Cadden was murder at Hampden and last played a full game in October.

Macy is challenging but he has done nothing to oust Rocky.

Scott Allan was ready for the bench at Hampden and is ready to start. He generally plays very well against Rangers.

When was the last time Doidge did anything in anger apart from regularly fouling his opponents and complaining to the officials. Doidge is struggling to even use his one obvious asset, his heading. He fouls more than he heads the ball.

All IMHO of course and whatever side takes the field I hope the team has a good go with a positive attacking approach and puts the Rangers defence which looked very shaky recently at Fir Park under pressure.

3-1 to the Hibs - Nisbet Hat Trick

ancient hibee
27-01-2021, 04:27 PM
I don't normally get involved in tactical discussions, but even I can see that will put us at a disadvantage :greengrin

Yes I definitely feel there’s a role in team picking for someone who can count .

Smartie
27-01-2021, 04:42 PM
Rangers will be crossing balls in all night. We are woefull at defending them. Hopefully Porteous has removed the lead from his boots.

That's not really their game. They pull you about with pace and movement and pass through the defence. Against most teams I'd be putting McGregor in tonight (I see a lot I like in the 352 team in the post just a few above this one) but I reckon this Rangers team would expose his weaknesses too much.

It's hard to know what to do. I've not bought into the Sevco love-in at all this season and I haven't been blown away by them in our head to heads this season but I'm more concerned about us than them going into this one. We've been playing some terrible stuff against some terrible teams and so I really fear for what might happen to us as we come up against even a decent side.

It might be a blessing in disguise that this game has come around so soon. A quick opportunity to get the weekend out of our systems and a game where our expectations will be lowered.

As I mentioned somewhere either on this thread or another not too long after the game on Saturday, this is exactly the type of game that Hibs go on and win. And points from anywhere will be very welcome indeed.

Hibby70
27-01-2021, 04:47 PM
We're definitely winning this tonight. 3-2.

Doidge, Allan and a 30 yard screamer from Irvine to win it in the last minute.

Billy Whizz
27-01-2021, 05:12 PM
Ross since the state of the pitch might be a consideration in his team selection tonight

Keith_M
27-01-2021, 05:18 PM
The Sevco love-in?

:rolleyes:

Gie's peace!

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-01-2021, 05:25 PM
Clearly we don't know about Gullan but he is every bit as worthy of the role with his skill set. Cadden was murder at Hampden and last played a full game in October.

Macy is challenging but he has done nothing to oust Rocky.

Scott Allan was ready for the bench at Hampden and is ready to start. He generally plays very well against Rangers.

When was the last time Doidge did anything in anger apart from regularly fouling his opponents and complaining to the officials. Doidge is struggling to even use his one obvious asset, his heading. He fouls more than he heads the ball.

All IMHO of course and whatever side takes the field I hope the team has a good go with a positive attacking approach and puts the Rangers defence which looked very shaky recently at Fir Park under pressure.

3-1 to the Hibs - Nisbet Hat Trick

Has rocky done anything oust Maccy? Or did Maccy do anything worthy of being dropped. The unwritten goalies rule here imo.

When was the last full game Gullan played? Probably around the same time Cadden did. We’ve not signed Cadden to be a bench warmer.

The last time Doidge did anything was when he was rattling them in in a front two paring with Nisbet, around the last time Nisbet played well coincidentally.

I agree. Moan the Hibs. Bit of pressure for him to get it right this evening and show the fans he has intent to win these games.

27-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Get it right up these evil huns

Unseen work
27-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Boyle and Hanlon dropped!!!

Huge decisions.

Looks like we’re playing a diamond.

Allant1981
27-01-2021, 05:33 PM
Hanlon and Boyle dropped

Brightside