PDA

View Full Version : Ron Gordon - Take Responsibility

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:34 AM
You’ve been non-existent for the past 12 months. Shirked away during a pandemic and allowed our CEO to leave before being replaced. You’re crippling the club. Time to go.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2021, 08:35 AM
You’ve been non-existent for the past 12 months. Shirked away during a pandemic and allowed our CEO to leave before being replaced. You’re crippling the club. Time to go.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
24-01-2021, 08:36 AM

**** sake. Knew it was only a matter of time before last night was Ron’s fault. He’s backed this manager more than any other in recent times.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:37 AM
**** sake. Knew it was only a matter of time before last night was Ron’s fault. He’s backed this manager more than any other in recent times.

Agreed - backed a failure. He’s responsible.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2021, 08:38 AM

Except he hasn’t.

easty
24-01-2021, 08:38 AM
Anyone got some straws they can lend Chuck Rhodes? He’s clutching.

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 08:39 AM
Was only a matter of time, drama queen's out in force again

Heisenberg
24-01-2021, 08:39 AM

So Ron should go because we lost last night? Because we lost against Hearts? Calm down. That’s a ridiculous notion and a complete knee jerk reaction. Can’t imagine what you were like when Petrie and Farmer were here.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2021, 08:40 AM

Any reason why your last football related post on the forum was 10 months ago, moaning after losing a derby? Seems a coincidence

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:41 AM
Except he hasn’t.

Has he not? Embarrassed in two semi finals against far lesser teams - one the division below. A home record worse than Butcher. Hasn’t motivated a team to turn up to a big game once. It’s no wonder Hibs systemically underperform which attitudes like yours. Presume you woke up early yesterday to snap up the Lewis Stevenson 500 games of side passes and dull crosses strip yesterday morning?

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:42 AM
Any reason why your last football related post on the forum was 10 months ago, moaning after losing a derby? Seems a coincidence

That’s a lie Callum.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2021, 08:42 AM
Has he not? Embarrassed in two semi finals against far lesser teams - one the division below. A home record worse than Butcher. Hasn’t motivated a team to turn up to a big game once. It’s no wonder Hibs systemically underperform which attitudes like yours. Presume you woke up early yesterday to snap up the Lewis Stevenson 500 games of side passes and dull crosses strip yesterday morning?

Presume you woke up at 7.15pm yesterday for the first time in 10 months

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:44 AM

Insinuating I’m one of them? Been here since 2004 and plenty who can vouch for me. Not asking you to agree with my opinion, but equally allowed to post my own. It’s what forums like this are for.

BlackSheep
24-01-2021, 08:46 AM
What a load of tosh.

Crippling the club - laughable.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:47 AM
What a load of tosh.

Crippling the club - laughable.

Any facts to back that up?

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 08:47 AM

😁

seanraff07
24-01-2021, 08:51 AM
Agreed CR.

Absolutely no direction with the club at the moment, the blame goes from top to bottom... Gordon, Ross and the players.

0-3 Livi
0-2 County
0-3 St J

All in the past month, if this is anyone else then the manager goes and if not the individual above has to be questioned for not doing so. Settling for absolute mediocrity if he doesn't take action as lets be honest thats what we’ve been for 80% of this season.

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2021, 08:52 AM
Insinuating I’m one of them? Been here since 2004 and plenty who can vouch for me. Not asking you to agree with my opinion, but equally allowed to post my own. It’s what forums like this are for.

I feel like I shouldn’t even entertain your pish, but Gordon has come in and been hit by a global pandemic after a few months. Yet he’s overseen us improve our league position to top 4 and reach the last 4 of all 3 cup competitions while he’s been at the club. He’s CLEARLY investing in the squad during a very trying time. Your opinion is pathetic and is purely to stir the pot IMO. Would be amazed is 1 single person agreed with you.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:54 AM
I feel like I shouldn’t even entertain your pish, but Gordon has come in and been hit by a global pandemic after a few months. Yet he’s overseen us improve our league position to top 4 and reach the last 4 of all 3 cup competitions while he’s been at the club. He’s CLEARLY investing in the squad during a very trying time. Your opinion is pathetic and is purely to stir the pot IMO. Would be amazed is 1 single person agreed with you.

He is ultimately responsible though, no? Plenty of threads on JR and a number of first team players. Why should RG escape criticism?

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 08:54 AM
Agreed CR.

Absolutely no direction with the club at the moment, the blame goes from top to bottom... Gordon, Ross and the players.

0-3 Livi
0-2 County
0-3 St J

All in the past month, if this is anyone else then the manager goes and if not the individual above has to be questioned for not doing so. Settling for absolute mediocrity if he doesn't take action as lets be honest thats what we’ve been for 80% of this season.

Also drew with celtic and then beat Killie in the last week or so to counter that

Alfred E Newman
24-01-2021, 08:55 AM

Right up there with the stupidest posts of the day. Absolute tripe.

PaulSmith

Jesus H Christ.

This has to be a wind up.

Since90+2
Attention seeking nonsense.

Heisenberg
24-01-2021, 08:56 AM
He is ultimately responsible though, no? Plenty of threads on JR and a number of first team players. Why should RG escape criticism?

Criticism is fine. Calling for him to go for “crippling the club” is hyperbolic reactionary nonesense.

Chuck Rhoades
Also drew with celtic and then beat Killie in the last week or so to counter that

Celebrating a draw against the worst Celtic team in 20 years as some sort of balance to results like last night. 🙄

Since452

Bit dramatic

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 08:57 AM
Celebrating a draw against the worst Celtic team in 20 years as some sort of balance to results like last night. 🙄

What a load of rubbish, that's almost as pish as your opening post

Vault Boy
24-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Not exactly sure what the owner could have done about this. Sack a manager that has had us in the top 4 all season? Doesn't seem wise. Invest money for transfers during a pandemic? Seems that he's done that.

I don't think the shotgun approach is useful after a sore defeat. This is on the football department, who have generally been under performing for a few weeks, and are yet to show conviction in the showcase games.

If we start to drop like a stone and the chairman does nothing, then it'd be fair to question him, but I can't fathom doing so right now.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 09:01 AM
😂😂😂

Pretty Boy
24-01-2021, 09:01 AM
He's backed the manager to a level unseen at Hibs in recent times in the midst of a financial crisis in the game.

Is he backing the wrong manager? The last few weeks would lead me to think that might well be the case but the appointment at the time seemed a sound one and most were happy if not blown away by it.

In the coming weeks and months RG is going to have to decide whether to stick or twist. If he sticks he'll have to back his man further, if he twists then he has to get the next man right and back him accordingly. At that point he has to take responsibility for the collective decision made. I've not see much evidence he doesn't want to take said responsibility though.

stantonhibby
24-01-2021, 09:02 AM

Your OP isn't criticism......it's just a wee childish tantrum much like your other posts about Murphy, Ross & Porteous this morning.

Just to clarify though.....re RG....'it's time to go' Go where? Sell up?

seanraff07
24-01-2021, 09:03 AM

Were they good performances? I didn’t think so

A snatch and grab draw against Celtic B team doesn’t make up for the above results for me

Stokesy's on fire
24-01-2021, 09:03 AM
So far Ron Gordon has been just as uninspiring.

He needs to take a look at himself as well.

Stokesy's on fire
24-01-2021, 09:05 AM
Agreed CR.

0-3 Livi
0-2 County
0-3 St J

This

greiggy
24-01-2021, 09:06 AM
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HTD1875
24-01-2021, 09:07 AM
Plenty fans seem to be happy with us stumbling into fourth place behind the worst Celtic and Aberdeen teams in years, pumped out of two cups by the first half decent team we play. The club lacks leaders on and off the park.

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 09:08 AM
Were they good performances? I didn’t think so

A snatch and grab draw against Celtic B team doesn’t make up for the above results for me

So we now pick and choose what results matter, performances dont really matter at the end of the day, results do. We played well for large parts of the game yesterday but got horsed

Hibby70
24-01-2021, 09:10 AM

Who's going to buy us, you?

"Crippling the club", have a word with yourself.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2021, 09:11 AM

What would you suggest he do to make himself more inspiring?

easty
24-01-2021, 09:12 AM
Plenty fans seem to be happy with us stumbling into fourth place behind the worst Celtic and Aberdeen teams in years, pumped out of two cups by the first half decent team we play. The club lacks leaders on and off the park.

Fans all want us to be doing better, regardless of whether we’re agreeing or disagreeing on this forum, we all want us to be better. The ones you’re talking about being happy to stumble into 4th place, can also be described as the fans who can see, with a bit of perspective, that 4th is improvement, it’s not the end goal, but it’s something to build on.

Is this the worst Aberdeen team in years? I wouldn’t say so.

Alfred E Newman
24-01-2021, 09:13 AM

We’re you at the AGM pre pandemic.? I found his speech very inspiring. His plans were quickly blown out the water through no fault of his own but he has still backed the manager despite the financial hit.
It’s unfair to blame Ron Gordon for the managers recent failings.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 09:15 AM
Fans all want us to be doing better, regardless of whether we’re agreeing or disagreeing on this forum, we all want us to be better. The ones you’re talking about being happy to stumble into 4th place, can also be described as the fans who can see, with a bit of perspective, that 4th is improvement, it’s not the end goal, but it’s something to build on.

Is this the worst Aberdeen team in years? I wouldn’t say so.

McInnes said yesterday they’re 5 points better off than last season. Celtic have around the same points now as they have had in most of their championship winning sides, Rangers winning just about every week makes it look worse.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 09:17 AM
We’re you at the AGM pre pandemic.? I found his speech very inspiring. His plans were quickly blown out the water through no fault of his own but he has still backed the manager despite the financial hit.
It’s unfair to blame Ron Gordon for the managers recent failings.

Who’s accountable for JR?

CallumLaidlaw
24-01-2021, 09:19 AM
What would you suggest he do to make himself more inspiring?

Clearly folk are still struggling to understand “Global Pandemic”

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 09:21 AM

It’s the lack of leadership that’s the issue. In times such as these you need to be visible at least. Instead he’s been more remote than ever. I don’t mean location, there’s plenty of other ways to be visible in 2021.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 09:22 AM

Its literally not even the worst Celtic team in 5 years.

Jones28
24-01-2021, 09:23 AM
We have hit new levels of madness 😂😂

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Its literally not even the worst Celtic team in 5 years.

Facts would suggest otherwise.

Jones28
24-01-2021, 09:26 AM

I found his planned improvements to our stadium to be pretty ****ing inspiring.

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 09:26 AM

It’s probably a mistake to engage, but just out of interest,

Who would you like to replace Ron Gordon?

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 09:30 AM

No, they wouldn't. Ronny dialups team was much worse.

BlackSheep
24-01-2021, 09:30 AM
Any facts to back that up?

Any facts to back up that he is ‘crippling’ the club...?

Are we out with our hats looking for finance? No.

Are we signing new players? Yes.

Jones28
24-01-2021, 09:31 AM

I’d like to hear too. I’m interested in what I’m sure is a really lengthy list of people looking to buy a football club in the midst of a global pandemic. Another Brookes Milesom perhaps? Maybe a dodgy oligarch like our chums across the city?

Alfred E Newman
24-01-2021, 09:31 AM
Who’s accountable for JR?

Are you really suggesting the owner should sell the club every time the manager makes an arse of it?

BlackSheep
24-01-2021, 09:33 AM
It’s the lack of leadership that’s the issue. In times such as these you need to be visible at least. Instead he’s been more remote than ever. I don’t mean location, there’s plenty of other ways to be visible in 2021.

I’m not sure how many are bothered about the visibility of our clubs owner?

I’ve rarely heard other fans of other teams harping on about it either....!

As long as he runs the business properly then I’m happy.... so far he looks to be running it fine... not afraid to put his hand in his pocket and has kept us looking financially fit whilst doing so.

BlackSheep
24-01-2021, 09:34 AM

Further to that who would you like to replace Jack Ross (I for one don’t think either has to go).

monarch
24-01-2021, 09:34 AM
Having read various posts on this and other threads all I can say is thank God we’re not a fan owned club.

Zambernardi1875
24-01-2021, 09:39 AM
Ron Gordon is a successful businessman and Jack Ross is bad for business.

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 09:41 AM

Is he aye!

lord bunberry
24-01-2021, 09:44 AM
I can’t believe we’ve hit open letter territory already.

flash
24-01-2021, 09:46 AM
Looks like the twitter/Facebook crew are making themselves heard.

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 09:52 AM
Further to that who would you like to replace Jack Ross (I for one don’t think either has to go).

Bielsa. Anything else would be ‘accepting mediocrity’.

Peevemor
24-01-2021, 10:03 AM
Looks like the twitter/Facebook crew are making themselves heard.It's carnage and most of it's so bad it's laughable (not least the grammar & spelling).

Before anyone starts on me, I know you don't have to be literate to know about football or anything else, but I get the impression that some of these folk didn't make it past primary school.

Golden Bear
24-01-2021, 10:06 AM
Having read various posts on this and other threads all I can say is thank God we’re not a fan owned club.

Exactly.

:agree:

familyman
24-01-2021, 10:07 AM
Here we see Hibs yet again failing to show grit and determination.Last real home game I was at was when Hearts soon to be relegated demolished a wishy washy could not care less Hibs..most supporters left early..Yet despite that humiliating performance this season we have again failed to show up far too often.The loss against Hearts was grim as we missed so many chances but did play not too badly in other respects...However two terrible home defeats recently from so called smaller teams at home again showed lack of drive or belief....Yesterday was the lowest I have seen since Hearts game last season league match.The team REPEATS time and again the same tactical ineptness giving ball away sending long balls nowhere and generally lacking an inspiring Captain ...Any team makes mistakes BUT LEARNS from it,we sadly do not and have not..There is no belief no play for the badge attitude a general shambles lacking in ideas,
We were asked this year to help the club and have had to buy a season ticket which was increased in price for me and others yet see nothing despite Hibs tv ..that is not Hibs fault but should surely at least spark players into giving us a performance of effort at the very least.Then we are asked to donate The cost of a Hampden ticket to help.Yes and in return what did we see..a shocker an embarassing performance and humiliation..NOT LEARNING NOT ADAPTING AND SHOWING NO BELIEF must be aimed at the players for sure but The Manager has had enough time to fix that yet has not.
Sadly we need a new fresh face in the dugout with the ability to inspire and we need a strong midfield captain .If we do not act asap then we will just be back to the Jim Duffy period all over again.
I do not underestimate the challenge but we are talking here about HIBS a great team of the past now becoming a joke again....Come on Ron sort it out as you would any business we are going backwards !
Shocker

seanraff07
24-01-2021, 10:14 AM
So we now pick and choose what results matter, performances dont really matter at the end of the day, results do. We played well for large parts of the game yesterday but got horsed

Played well for large parts? I cant recall a shot of any significance from us the full 2nd half

Results matter so how can you counter 3 shocking defeats above with one run of the mill victory that we were expected to win.

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 10:16 AM
It's carnage and most of it's so bad it's laughable (not least the grammar & spelling).

Before anyone starts on me, I know you don't have to be literate to know about football or anything else, but I get the impression that some of these folk didn't make it past primary school.

Lockdown is a factor. Folk grumpier than usual. angrier than usual. Less exercise. No more attending games which helps with releasing tension. It’s a miracle we’re not all totally mental.

Coco Bryce
24-01-2021, 10:19 AM

You really do talk pish. Now your saying performances don't matter? Make your mind up FFS 😂

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 10:20 AM
Played well for large parts? I cant recall a shot of any significance from us the full 2nd half

Results matter so how can you counter 3 shocking defeats above with one run of the mill victory that we were expected to win.

Fair point, should have said large parts of the 1st half as we were honking in the 2nd half

Allant1981
24-01-2021, 10:21 AM
You really do talk pish. Now your saying performances don't matter? Make your mind up FFS 😂

Time for you to go on ignore now clown

Coco Bryce
24-01-2021, 10:22 AM
Time for you to go on ignore now clown

Ditto 🤡

Greenio
24-01-2021, 10:33 AM
More nonsense

However, one thing I would like to know is when we are getting a replacement for Dempster. It's been a while eh. What's the plan Ronny

neil7908
24-01-2021, 10:41 AM
I'm as raging as anyone after last night and think the managers time is up. But no idea why anyone would blame Gordon.

He's backed the manager with sufficient funds. LD leaving is an odd one but we don't know what's happened their and only have her own comments to go by which suggest she wanted a new challenge.

Ron has cleared our debt, invested money and put plans in place, albeit much of them severely impacted by COVID.

I'd like to hear a bit more from him but overall he's no way responsible for our current issues.

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2021, 10:42 AM

probably the same folks that would have had us go toe to toe with the Jambos (the Vlad years) on spending and follow them into oblivion. All CEOs will need determine where and when to splash the cash. Insanely difficult given the massive uncertainties around everything.

BlackSheep
24-01-2021, 10:48 AM

😂😂😂

Beefster
24-01-2021, 11:00 AM

There’s been a mass of tantrums over the past 18 hours or so but this is, far and away, the biggest one. You should be quite chuffed about that tbh.

EI255
24-01-2021, 11:11 AM
Another man without a spine.

GTF Gordon

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

sleeping giant
24-01-2021, 11:15 AM

GTF Gordon

Grow up .

sleeping giant
24-01-2021, 11:16 AM

Who vouches for you Chuck?

matty_f
24-01-2021, 11:21 AM
Who vouches for you Chuck?

I do. :agree:

sleeping giant
24-01-2021, 11:23 AM

Pfft.

Percy Vere
24-01-2021, 11:23 AM

Obviously your short and long term memory are suss. Remember the man with the moustache. No team investment. Didn’t back managers.
Ron has backed Ross, nonsense comment.

matty_f
24-01-2021, 11:24 AM
Pfft.

:greengrin

lord bunberry
Who’s vouching for you :greengrin

Percy Vere
probably the same folks that would have had us go toe to toe with the Jambos (the Vlad years) on spending and follow them into oblivion. All CEOs will need determine where and when to splash the cash. Insanely difficult given the massive uncertainties around everything.

Yup. And given the situation I think his backing of the team has been decent.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Obviously your short and long term memory are suss. Remember the man with the moustache. No team investment. Didn’t back managers.

He didn’t tolerate failure, was a visible leader and took responsibility. Qualities I believe RG is lacking. Location cannot be an excuse.

chrisski33
24-01-2021, 11:25 AM
Tbh i think some think Ron would come out and sack Ross straight away but they aint gonna happen. Ron has backed the club with substantial financial backing in getting new players in like Nisbet where i reckon the previous owner wouldnt have. Ron has plans but alot of them been stumped because of covid. He will look at his options and i reckon we will see a change of manager at the end of the season whether that is the right time or not, who knows.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 11:26 AM

Now that’s a valid question🤣

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 11:26 AM

GTF Gordon

Do not understand how posts like this are allowed. Pure abuse

matty_f
24-01-2021, 11:29 AM
There are a loads of folk to go through before you even get close to Ron Gordon for blaming yesterday on.

We’re not directionless or rudderless, that’s a complete myth.

Yesterday was horrendous, as bad as it’s been for us since 2012 and the subsequent relegation, by telling the owner to GTF is as knee-jerk as you could get.

matty_f
24-01-2021, 11:29 AM

Erm... :greengrin

Zambernardi1875
24-01-2021, 11:33 AM
😂😂😂

Same as that guy Allant.. another detailed response on why Ross is good in a business sense. 👍

Gerard
24-01-2021, 12:08 PM

Mr Gordon owns the club but does not tell the manager who he signs and plays in the team . He dies not decide team formations and tactics .
He has put a lot of money into this club and I think he will not accept a losing team given his investment in the team
It was hard to lose yesterday but that is life and you need to learn from your mistakes and have a winning mentality .
American philosophy on winning is very intense

hibeerealist
24-01-2021, 12:25 PM
Ditto 🤡

He/she is a beauty Coco, hit the ignore.

hibeerealist
24-01-2021, 12:28 PM

Very good point and yes he (JR) IS bad for business.

hibeerealist
24-01-2021, 12:31 PM

GTF Gordon

Jeez, this is not down to RG he has backed the manager it is the manager and players who have let us down.

You need to take a pill and chill, NOT Ron Gordon's fault we are failing.

Callum_62
24-01-2021, 12:40 PM
Agreed CR.

0-3 Livi
0-2 County
0-3 St J

All in the past month, if this is anyone else then the manager goes and if not the individual above has to be questioned for not doing so. Settling for absolute mediocrity if he doesn't take action as lets be honest thats what we’ve been for 80% of this season.What about the 6-10 months before that....?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hibeerealist
24-01-2021, 12:43 PM
He/she is a beauty Coco, hit the ignore.

If you are reading this clown, the real clown is you.

Can think of a few other words but not worth it, ignore on.

Callum_62
24-01-2021, 12:43 PM
Hibs.net. has us now punting the majority if our first team, the manager, the DOF and now the owner.

What a place [emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210124/5cf7b533e27f2aa7fdaaff6e14f307d0.jpg

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-01-2021, 12:46 PM
If you are reading this clown, the real clown is you.

Can think of a few other words but not worth it, ignore on.

Are you slagging yourself now? 😉

Peevemor
24-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Are you slagging yourself now? [emoji6]I was wondering the same thing.

BegbieHSC
24-01-2021, 01:02 PM
Hibs.net. has us now punting the majority if our first team, the manager, the DOF and now the owner.

What a place [emoji106]

It’ll be the fans next 😂

Davy Mac
24-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Getting rid of JR would be a sign of intent by RG that he doesn't accept failure at Hibs. We keep making the same mistakes, so change it. It'll be a lesson for any Manager who thinks coming to Hibs is stepping stone to another gig. Change the mindset.

Hibs90
24-01-2021, 01:11 PM
Even I think this thread is a load of pish.

Callum_62
24-01-2021, 01:11 PM
Even I think this thread is a load of pish.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Even I can appreciate that

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 01:13 PM

What a place [emoji106]

:faf:
진짜

h1bs4life
24-01-2021, 01:20 PM
Getting rid of JR would be a sign of intent by RG that he doesn't accept failure at Hibs. We keep making the same mistakes, so change it. It'll be a lesson for any Manager who thinks coming to Hibs is stepping stone to another gig. Change the mindset.

Ridiculous to call for Ron to go looks like he has been backing the manager.
The industry he is in is no doubt hire and fire and listening to his customers.
Agree getting rid JR would be a sign of intent and show he means business
Would there be many fans upset if Ross went.

chrisski33
24-01-2021, 01:21 PM
It’ll be the fans next 😂

Well we have blamed everyone else now, even Ross had a go at the journo so lets blame the fans!

CropleyWasGod
24-01-2021, 01:36 PM
Well we have blamed everyone else now, even Ross had a go at the journo so lets blame the fans!

You forgot HSL :greengrin

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 01:39 PM

Giving Kenny McIntyre a verbal kicking was the best thing Ross did yesterday.

BoomtownHibees
24-01-2021, 01:40 PM

Really? IMO it’s a bad sign when you’re manager acts like that in the public eye over what were pretty reasonable questions

24-01-2021, 01:41 PM
Ron is pish up front, in midfield and at the back. He has to go

24-01-2021, 01:41 PM

I was glad to see some emotion from him for once to be honest.

SaulGoodman
24-01-2021, 01:47 PM
Porteous would be a lot better if he didn’t have Ron playing alongside him.

24-01-2021, 01:48 PM
Porteous would be a lot better if he didn’t have Ron playing alongside him.

I didn’t even realise he was playing yesterday which shows how bad he is.

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 02:00 PM
Really? IMO it’s a bad sign when you’re manager acts like that in the public eye over what were pretty reasonable questions

Im half joking, because Kenny McIntyre annoys me.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2021, 02:04 PM

Are you Bobby Ewing?

Dmas
24-01-2021, 02:09 PM

the reasonable questions already had answers though eh, Ross thoroughly explained his thinking and McIntyre asked about things he'd already spoken about which Jack took as him asking questions and not listening to the answers.

Kenny McIntyre has been needing taken down a peg or 2 for some time now, and in my opinion its not before time that a Hibs Manager or official at the club gave the media a bit of a rough time

hibsbollah
24-01-2021, 02:14 PM
Are you Bobby Ewing?

Boris Johnson also possible.

Crab apple
24-01-2021, 02:27 PM
Surely the OP is a Jambo on the wind up. Maybe he would be better to focus on driving out Robbie Replay again following another glorious defeat at the bus shelter yesterday.

Ron Gordon isn’t to blame as he’s backed the manager with considerable funds that have enabled him to make ten signings I think.

Phil MaGlass
24-01-2021, 02:29 PM
Maybe chahge yir name tae Chuck Toyes

Viva_Palmeiras
24-01-2021, 02:55 PM
Maybe chahge yir name tae Chuck Toyes

Chuck MaGlass would be a bit Begbie-esque :)

Phil MaGlass
24-01-2021, 03:31 PM
Just a wee bit:greengrin

hibeerealist
24-01-2021, 03:41 PM
Are you slagging yourself now? 😉

It was to another poster they know who they are

Anthony Soprano
24-01-2021, 03:44 PM
:rotflmao:

Can only assume this is a wind up post.

jacomo
24-01-2021, 03:51 PM
It’ll be the fans next 😂

Don’t get me started. Swathes of empty seats at Hampden yesterday, cant just accuse the team of not turning up!

kaimendhibs
24-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Ron Gordon is the last person to blame for last night

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Shrekko
24-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Not reading the whole thread but I think Ron Gordon has backed the manager beyond my wildest dreams given the circumstances. Players haven’t performed in a few very important games- how on earth could that be his fault?

He’s ALREADY given the club the resources required to potentially get 3rd place and compete for knock out trophies. That’s what everyone supposedly thinks we should be doing. He can’t put the ball in the net for us!

Gerard
24-01-2021, 04:51 PM
The question of blame for our club losing 2 semi cup finals this year should be considered. I suggest it was not the owner of the clubs fault, the directors of the hibs board. It was not the Hibs fans. The fault perhaps lies in the tactics of the head coach or in the players who did not take their opportunities to score goals , or a mixture of poor tactics and players not scoring goals from good opportunities.
The fans have continued to give the club great support in a time of great financial turbulence..perhaps we need a head coach with better tactics and players who are able to score goals more consistently when it matters?

monarch
24-01-2021, 06:20 PM
the reasonable questions already had answers though eh, Ross thoroughly explained his thinking and McIntyre asked about things he'd already spoken about which Jack took as him asking questions and not listening to the answers.

Kenny McIntyre has been needing taken down a peg or 2 for some time now, and in my opinion its not before time that a Hibs Manager or official at the club gave the media a bit of a rough time

Correct, Jack did answer the questions. Even Richard Gordon acknowledged that after the interview, it was just that KM didn’t get the answer he wanted, presumably he wanted Jack to beat himself up. Irrespective of how any of us view Ross’s management credentials I’m glad that for once someone from Hibs has rattled the cage of the media.

Regarding being respectful to another manager (Lennon) I heard the interview on Tuesday’s sportsound and Ian McCall, I think it was, accused KM of revelling in Lennon’s situation which was a fairly accurate description of his questioning during the interview.

McIntyre is a blue nose of the highest order and his interviews and broadcasts over the years reflect this and I can vividly remember his seethe following the 2016 cup final.

NAE NOOKIE
26-01-2021, 02:11 PM

The guy has owned the club for a year FFS .... It took Tom Farmer's Hibs 30 years to win three trophies and that was peppered with one off disasters and relegations. Far from deserting it he has enabled us to sign a number of players the manager wanted and more than once appeared in person to talk about the club and thank the fans for their backing. The fact that those players couldn't beat St Johnston last Saturday isn't bloody Ron Gordon's fault.

In fact, given the fact that he has taken over a football club which just months later is mired in the biggest financial crisis to hit football possibly ever, far from 'crippling the club' it's a miracle he hasn't tried to cut his losses and run for it.

There's plenty of people you can point the finger at for our latest on field cock ups ... Ron Gordon isn't one of them so geez peace.

Frazerbob
26-01-2021, 02:32 PM
The guy has owned the club for a year FFS .... It took Tom Farmer's Hibs 30 years to win three trophies and that was peppered with one off disasters and relegations. Far from deserting it he has enabled us to sign a number of players the manager wanted and more than once appeared in person to talk about the club and thank the fans for their backing. The fact that those players couldn't beat St Johnston last Saturday isn't bloody Ron Gordon's fault.

In fact, given the fact that he has taken over a football club which just months later is mired in the biggest financial crisis to hit football possibly ever, far from 'crippling the club' it's a miracle he hasn't tried to cut his losses and run for it.

There's plenty of people you can point the finger at for our latest on field cock ups ... Ron Gordon isn't one of them so geez peace.

This 👏👏

JimBHibees
26-01-2021, 03:49 PM

What a place [emoji106]

:faf::faf:

Is she not wearing Hibs tartan? :greengrin

Gerard
26-01-2021, 04:11 PM
:faf::faf:

Is she not wearing Hibs tartan? :greengrin

What’s next?
The fans that are not Uber ones😇😇😇😇😇😇😇