PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Murphy

Robbo6-2
23-01-2021, 07:48 PM
In all of our post match threads have not seen one mention on our on loan Glasgow Rangers player Jamie Murphy performance and disgraceful finishing.

Take your ice pack off your hammy and hang your "head" in shame Jamie, absolute disgrace of a performancer

hibbysam
23-01-2021, 07:49 PM
In all of our post match threads have not seen one mention on our on loan Glasgow Rangers player Jamie Murphy performance and disgraceful finishing.

Take your ice pack off your hammy and hang your self in shame Jamie, absolute disgrace of a performance

****ing hell, he was poor but telling the boy to hang himself? 🤨 Christ almighty.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 07:50 PM
He’s pretty crap tbh.

Ayrshire Hibee
23-01-2021, 07:50 PM

Take your ice pack off your hammy and hang your self in shame Jamie, absolute disgrace of a performance

No need btw

SaulGoodman
23-01-2021, 07:51 PM

Hope you mean hang your head in shame.

Robbo6-2
****ing hell, he was poor but telling the boy to hang himself? 🤨 Christ almighty.

Obviously a typo, meant hang your head in shame

cabbageandribs1875
He’s pretty crap tbh.

but some on here have said he's a class act...

B.H.F.C
Just posted on another thread that he’s getting by on reputation.

Two goals in half a season and keeps getting a sore leg. Not contributed enough.

Jones28
23-01-2021, 07:52 PM

“Hang your self in shame”

Riiiight

loanheadhibby
Send him back. Stick him on their coach after Wednesday’s game. Non entity of a player.

ehf
Don’t think I have ever seen such a cowardly performance.

Jones28
Don’t think I have ever seen such a cowardly performance.

You never watched Alan O’Brien

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 07:53 PM
but some on here have said he's a class act...

He’s not. I must admit he looks good on the ball but let’s be honest here, what has he done?

Callum_62
I don't care that he missed 2 big chances but I really care about his attempt at the 3rd goal

Everyone can miss chances but the lack of desire was a disgrace

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
“Hang your self in shame”

Riiiight

I think it was clearly a typo.

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 07:54 PM
Obviously a typo, meant hang your head in shameMaybe edit the post?

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2021, 07:55 PM
Well, whatever the case with his overall performance he should have absolutely buried that chance in the first half with the keeper having no chance, he put the ball in the only place where the keeper had a hope of saving it .............. burst the sodding net FFS !!!

FitbaFolkKen
23-01-2021, 07:55 PM
I don't care that he missed 2 big chances but I really care about his attempt at the 3rd goal

Aye he didn’t track the runner, just left him all the time in the world to cross the ball. Really poor.

Compare that to against Celtic last week where he was the one back making tackles on the edge of our box after they broke from one of our corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2021, 07:56 PM

Those misses were pathetic. He's not been a great addition the our squad so far very uninspiring

S4uzee
23-01-2021, 07:58 PM
Useless Hun prick

Daydreamer
23-01-2021, 07:58 PM
Murphy is a one trick pony. All right footed plays on the left, runs at the man then comes inside every time. About once all season has he tried to take on a man on the outside. Playing against him must be easy.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 07:59 PM
Aye he didn’t track the runner, just left him all the time in the world to cross the ball. Really poor.

Compare that to against Celtic last week where he was the one back making tackles on the edge of our box after they broke from one of our corners.

Only time I’ve seen him motivated was against Celtic.

Jim44
23-01-2021, 08:00 PM
I said at the time, that to take him on loan with a commitment to buy at the end of the season, was risky. If he’s a dud, he’s here for quite a wee while.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Well, whatever the case with his overall performance he should have absolutely buried that chance in the first half with the keeper having no chance, he put the ball in the only place where the keeper had a hope of saving it .............. burst the sodding net FFS !!!

I thought with the first attempt he’s tried to put it in the corner and not caught it properly, which can happen. The second one is disgraceful. Just smash the ball, the goalie and anything else in the way in to the net.

eezyrider
23-01-2021, 08:01 PM
The worst part of it was after missing the double sitter you saw him start to run away to celebrate the goal.

Embarrassing.

EZ

hibbysam
23-01-2021, 08:02 PM
I thought with the first attempt he’s tried to put it in the corner and not caught it properly, which can happen. The second one is disgraceful. Just smash the ball, the goalie and anything else in the way in to the net.

First one was similar to the Magennis one against Hearts, everyone’s coming across the goal so makes sense to put it back where it came from, just never caught it right. While I agree with the second one, had he went for power and the keeper saved it/defender blocked it we’d have been screaming for him to lift it. Just two very poor misses at a really bad time.

Daydreamer
23-01-2021, 08:03 PM
I said at the time, that to take him on loan with a commitment to buy at the end of the season, was risky. If he’s a dud, he’s here for quite a wee while.

You might not believe this but he is on the highest basic wage of all the Hibs players. £££££

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 08:07 PM
I said at the time, that to take him on loan with a commitment to buy at the end of the season, was risky. If he’s a dud, he’s here for quite a wee while.Wee effectively bought him. It was only coz RFC didn't want him to play against them that we done loan with obligation

Steve Austin
23-01-2021, 08:07 PM
Unfortunately Jamie Murphy serious knee injury on that astro surface at killie,he ain’t the same player and seems to have paper Hammys now !
He appears injury prone and the player that really looked the part in his first season at the gers is sadly not what HIBS have ?.
He was a quality player at Sheffield Utd and in spells at Brighton..
we got him a few years too late unless he proves me wrong ..

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-01-2021, 08:10 PM
He's a good player, I like him, but he should have put us 1-0 today. The first chance was poor, straight at the goalie, the 2nd was like Cummings Penanaka penalty against Dundee Utd, p!ss poor.

Robbo6-2
23-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Hes been a horrendous signing.

Big money and hardly played

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 08:14 PM
He's a good player, I like him, but he should have put us 1-0 today. The first chance was poor, straight at the goalie, the 2nd was like Cummings Penanaka penalty against Dundee Utd, p!ss poor.

When has he been a good player? Once against Celtic and once against Dundee, is that really good enough?

Gmack7
23-01-2021, 08:15 PM
You might not believe this but he is on the highest basic wage of all the Hibs players. £££££

The vast majority of his wages are paid by the huns.
Unlikely to be the highest paid next year

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-01-2021, 08:23 PM
When has he been a good player? Once against Celtic and once against Dundee, is that really good enough?

He's scored 2 goals in those games, but I'd say he's been regarded as been a good player in other games by Hibs fans this season.

Stokesy's on fire
23-01-2021, 08:24 PM
The vast majority of his wages are paid by the huns.
Unlikely to be the highest paid next year

Based on his lack of ability i hope he isnt a Hibs player next year he isnt good enough.

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 08:27 PM
Based on his lack of ability i hope he isnt a Hibs player next year he isnt good enough.He will be unless we sell him

Murphy still has talent and usually composure - he's been a bit hot and cold and I really didn't like his lack of desire

I think he mightve been inj, in which case stay down and go off

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 08:27 PM
He's scored 2 goals in those games, but I'd say he's been regarded as been a good player in other games by Hibs fans this season.

He has looked good on the ball but he’s not actually done **** all.

IberianHibernian
23-01-2021, 08:29 PM
I said at the time, that to take him on loan with a commitment to buy at the end of the season, was risky. If he’s a dud, he’s here for quite a wee while.What is his contractual situation ? I thought he was on loan till the end of the season when we had an agreement to sign him without a transfer fee though his contract at Rangers won`t have finished . If player`s agreed to it I suppose it means he`s expecting a minimum length of contract especially as he`s presumably taking a cut in wages from next season . From what Ive seen of him so far he`s not a dud and has talent but is pretty ineffective . If he keeps fit he`d find another club willing to pay him as much as we`ve probably offered him and if not hopefully we haven`t offered him more than a year .

hibbysam
23-01-2021, 08:30 PM
What is his contractual situation ? I thought he was on loan till the end of the season when we had an agreement to sign him without a transfer fee though his contract at Rangers won`t have finished . If player`s agreed to it I suppose it means he`s expecting a minimum length of contract especially as he`s presumably taking a cut in wages from next season . From what Ive seen of him so far he`s not a dud and has talent but is pretty ineffective . If he keeps fit he`d find another club willing to pay him as much as we`ve probably offered him and if not hopefully we haven`t offered him more than a year .

His contract is up at the end of the season. He’s on loan now and will sign permanently at the end of the year.

Unseen work
23-01-2021, 08:31 PM
No pace or strength whatsoever, he looks like a frail old man.

Yes he is quite good and dropping the shoulder now and again but we need far more, far too often he just slowly cuts inside and passes it to the centre mid.

Don’t even get me started on him today, an absolute disgrace

Highwayman
23-01-2021, 08:34 PM

Do Hibs have a solid commitment to sign him at the end of loan deal.Every time he goes down he looks likes he’ll be out injured again.Thought St Johnstone had him sussed out early on today,and his lack of pace and his misunderstanding what Doig was trying to do let himself down badly.

Centre Hawf
23-01-2021, 08:36 PM
He's been rank since his return from injury. He's contributed heehaw the last few games. If this is what we have to look forward to when his loans up it's going to be a nightmare.

Scorrie
23-01-2021, 08:40 PM
Was it Murphy on the near post for the first goal? Whoever it was it was poor attempt to block the goal

PH91
23-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Our strikers play best in a 2 and our midfielders are so limited they need to play in a 3. We knew this before he signed. So why bring in a left winger?

It seemed daft at the time and is even worse in hindsight. His wage could have been spent on a third striker to compete with doidge and nisbet.

We continue to try and fit him into the team. Get him dropped and play a formation that gets the best out of the other players.

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Was it Murphy on the near post for the first goal? Whoever it was it was poor attempt to block the goalIt was and I though the same initially

Think it went quite high though on 2nd viewing

Borderhibbie76
23-01-2021, 08:42 PM
Ive never understood the love in with the support about Murphy..seen very little from him today a bit of a one trick pony. Him and Boyle were absolutely honking tonight

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Ive never understood the love in with the support about Murphy..seen very little from him today a bit of a one trick pony. Him and Boyle were absolutely honking tonight

I agree about the love in. I was wondering how I couldn’t see it. At least Boyle has credit in the bank which is slowly running out but yeah both were woeful but in good company.

Since452

Boyle seems to get an easy ride on here. No thread about him. Yet again like playing with 10 men.

*Just noticed there was

IberianHibernian
His contract is up at the end of the season. He’s on loan now and will sign permanently at the end of the year.I know that but have we guaranteed him a certain length of contract at certain salary ? He won`t have accepted lower waqes for next year without guarantee that he`ll get a longish contract with get out clause if Rangers want him back or he has second chance in England .

hibbysam
23-01-2021, 08:53 PM
I know that but have we guaranteed him a certain length of contract at certain salary ? He won`t have accepted lower waqes for next year without guarantee that he`ll get a longish contract with get out clause if Rangers want him back or he has second chance in England .

Just says permanent for next season, so I’d imagine a one year permanent contract which is effectively a 2 year deal when he signed, which makes sense given age and injuries.

kaimendhibs
23-01-2021, 08:56 PM
We were rotten today but Jamie didnt mean to miss those chances. The vitriol towards him is awful.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MrRobot
23-01-2021, 09:02 PM
I haven’t really understood the hype around Murphy since he signed. Couple decent performances but i think he’s far too slow. He’s clearly been a good player in his time and it feels strange to say that since he is only 31 but his lack of pace is ridiculous.

DarrenSQH
23-01-2021, 09:02 PM
Hes terrible. Finishing poor but worse is his fake wee injury after and then can't be arsed to follow his man and gift them a 3rd goal.

Seen nothing to suggest he wants to be here. I dont want him here. Hope the pre contract could be cancelled. Best for all parties.

Liam978
23-01-2021, 09:27 PM
Hes terrible. Finishing poor but worse is his fake wee injury after and then can't be arsed to follow his man and gift them a 3rd goal.

Seen nothing to suggest he wants to be here. I dont want him here. Hope the pre contract could be cancelled. Best for all parties.

Totally agree fellow StGiles man,never been able to understand the love in for him on here. Have to admit feeling sorry for him though. Cut a lonely figure on the bench known he had blown it.

Smartie
23-01-2021, 10:12 PM
He's shown what he's capable of in flashes but is just another woefully inconsistent player.

Murphy looks a bit easy to play against to me. He's decent at cutting in onto his right foot but if you just show him outside he runs out of ideas. His left foot is crap and he doesn't have the pace to hurt teams that way.

I reckon he's already done what he joined us to do - win points off Celtic and help Rangers win the league.

By playing him/ pandering to him, we have to play in a way that detracts from some more of our better players. I'd rather have Nisbet have a proper strike partner than pretend that Murphy/ Nisbet/ Boyle is ever going to cut the mustard as a front three.

It might seem brave to drop him but all the strongest Hibs teams I can come up with don't have him in it.

When he missed the first chance it just felt the same as Magennis' miss against Hearts and I think deep down we all just knew it was a case of "here we go again".

Stokesy's on fire
24-01-2021, 03:14 AM

Aye he didnt even try to put in a block for saints 3rd goal.

Question is the deal we have done do we have a to buy or can we do what the huns did with Kamberi and pull out?

CorrieHibs
24-01-2021, 07:27 AM
If he tried as hard as he did against Celtic the other week there he would have scored those chances.

He was even defending against them. Didn't look interested at all last night.

Was delighted when got him, had had a few good games. But,looks like his injuries have caught up.

Nicho87
24-01-2021, 07:29 AM
Injured. That’s it

lucky
24-01-2021, 07:54 AM
Come on he was nowhere near as bad yesterday as some are making out.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 07:56 AM
His second attempt was actually really unlucky. Just smashing it could easily have missed as well.

JimBHibees
24-01-2021, 07:57 AM

He was clearly injured no idea why he was kept on. Personally think he is a talented player and has been good in some games however more and more appears to be injury prone and we basically can't afford players playing 3 then missing 3 due to injury. His miss was awful second chance put your foot through it.

J-C
24-01-2021, 08:01 AM
I thought he'd be a quality addition but it seems age and injury has caught up with him. We'll get the odd flash but his career is on the wane like Gray, McGregor and Stevenson and giving him a year on top of his loan is a big mistake as he'll be a top earner.

We've made a few dodgy signings this year with players and injuries, Murphy, Wright and Magennis all 3 having bad injuries and all 3 either struggling to regain form or to regain consistency in their play.

Smartie
24-01-2021, 08:02 AM
His second attempt was actually really unlucky. Just smashing it could easily have missed as well.

I actually thought their defender made a great effort to get over and get in the way, meaning that blasting it would likely have hit him. The keeper did well to make himself big too. It looks like an absolute sitter but the last ditch defending made it a harder chance that it looked.

It was the defending at the 3rd that was inexcusable, and I reckon he might have done better at the 1st chance.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:06 AM
Clearly has issues and can’t play on the big stage. His attempt to pretend he was injured to get subbed was the worst thing I’ve ever seen in a Hibs jersey.

Release him by the end of the month. A fraud.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:09 AM
He was clearly injured no idea why he was kept on. Personally think he is a talented player and has been good in some games however more and more appears to be injury prone and we basically can't afford players playing 3 then missing 3 due to injury. His miss was awful second chance put your foot through it.

He’s played 46 games in 5 years of which over 25 were as a sub. Why have we signed him!? Brutal. JR only seems capable of signing those on the injury bed. Folk moan at why Drey Wright kept getting played - we had no one else fit!

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:10 AM
I thought he'd be a quality addition but it seems age and injury has caught up with him. We'll get the odd flash but his career is on the wane like Gray, McGregor and Stevenson and giving him a year on top of his loan is a big mistake as he'll be a top earner.

We've made a few dodgy signings this year with players and injuries, Murphy, Wright and Magennis all 3 having bad injuries and all 3 either struggling to regain form or to regain consistency in their play.

It caught up with him in 2017, yet JR still splashed ouf and made him our top paid player. Disgrace.

JimBHibees
24-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Clearly has issues and can’t play on the big stage. His attempt to pretend he was injured to get subbed was the worst thing I’ve ever seen in a Hibs jersey.

No way he was acting he is just going through a phase of picking up hamstring injuries.

tonyrougier123
24-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Murphy has had flashes of a good player,but I feel when horgan left it took a bit of buzz and urgency out of the team that wasn’t replaced.not that horgan was a world beater,just had a feeling Murphy was a downgrade on the tactics we applied so well at the start of the season.however we have problems and dilemmas all over the park.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:22 AM
No way he was acting he is just going through a phase of picking up hamstring injuries.

A phase!? Wake up and take your JR tinted specs off FFS:

https://i.ibb.co/YcWNWx5/43-C9-E3-FD-C701-41-F8-80-BE-35-E59601-BDD3.png (https://ibb.co/wSLdLfn)

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 08:24 AM
A phase!? Wake up and take your JR tinted specs off FFS:

https://i.ibb.co/YcWNWx5/43-C9-E3-FD-C701-41-F8-80-BE-35-E59601-BDD3.png (https://ibb.co/wSLdLfn)

He got one bad knee injury in his first year at Rangers which kept him out for a season, last season was curtailed early, and were only in January this season.

B.H.F.C
24-01-2021, 08:26 AM

He chucked it last night.

Your hammy is either away or it isn’t. Took the easy way out.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:27 AM
He got one bad knee injury in his first year at Rangers which kept him out for a season, last season was curtailed early, and were only in January this season.

Exactly. A bad injury. Why are we bothering? 46 games in 4 seasons then if you want to round down. Pathetic. Will be the same as Magennis - eat a healthy wage from the bench 80% of the time. We need players who are fit and want to fight at the club. JR hiring those with a mentality similar to his. Like I said, Murphy’s attempt to get subbed was embarrassing. His career ended there for me.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:27 AM
He chucked it last night.

Your hammy is either away or it isn’t. Took the easy way out.

Spot on.

Key West
24-01-2021, 08:31 AM

Murphy has been a massive let down in my opinion. Jim the player you are talking about was the one that played for Motherwell he has lost that extra yard and speed of thought, he is a shadow of his former self and probably that is why he is with us and showing glimpses of what he was.

Brightside
24-01-2021, 08:44 AM
It caught up with him in 2017, yet JR still splashed ouf and made him our top paid player. Disgrace.

He’s not our top paid player.

Chuck Rhoades
24-01-2021, 08:44 AM
He’s not our top paid player.

Basic wage he is unfortunately.

easty
24-01-2021, 08:55 AM
Basic wage he is unfortunately.

You don’t know what the Hibs players are paid.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 08:57 AM

:faf: ****ing hell

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 09:02 AM
Exactly. A bad injury. Why are we bothering? 46 games in 4 seasons then if you want to round down. Pathetic. Will be the same as Magennis - eat a healthy wage from the bench 80% of the time. We need players who are fit and want to fight at the club. JR hiring those with a mentality similar to his. Like I said, Murphy’s attempt to get subbed was embarrassing. His career ended there for me.

And in those 4 seasons 1 was ended early and the other is only in January. By your reckoning we can’t sign a player who’s had a bad injury, so we won’t be signing many more players.

Hibs2105
24-01-2021, 01:54 PM
Anyone think keeping Horgan would’ve been better than signing Murphy. Horgan always at least looked dangerous

easty
24-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Anyone think keeping Horgan would’ve been better than signing Murphy. Horgan always at least looked dangerous

Horgan took pelters on here every week almost.

Billy Whizz
24-01-2021, 01:58 PM

Murphy will come good

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 02:05 PM

Murphy is better or at least as good as Horgan. Its Wright I would replace Horgan with.

Callum_62
24-01-2021, 02:48 PM

Release him by the end of the month. A fraud.Lol, sure chuck.

[emoji106]

NorthNorfolkHFC
24-01-2021, 02:56 PM
Murphy will come good

When? An opportunity to win a cup had just escaped us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Onceinawhile
24-01-2021, 03:51 PM
Couldn't score from 8 yards put, chucked the first goal and the 3rd goal.

He can pack his bags and gtf.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 04:11 PM
Couldn't score from 8 yards put, chucked the first goal and the 3rd goal.

He can pack his bags and gtf.

Thankfully no one at the club is stupid enough to actually do that based on a bad game.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Thankfully no one at the club is stupid enough to actually do that based on a bad game.

True, but he does need to start producing soon. Him and Magennis need to start making themselves available for selection and from there need to start producing the goods. Yesterday was a horror show from Murphy and he needs to turn it around sharpish. We can’t afford to carry passengers.

MWHIBBIES
24-01-2021, 04:20 PM
True, but he does need to start producing soon. Him and Magennis need to start making themselves available for selection and from there need to start producing the goods. Yesterday was a horror show from Murphy and he needs to turn it around sharpish. We can’t afford to carry passengers.

Making themselves available? They have absolutely no say in that at all.

Ozyhibby
24-01-2021, 04:31 PM
Making themselves available? They have absolutely no say in that at all.

My point is that these are two players with a long history of injury problems and is usually the case that has continued. Handing out contracts for guys to sit in the stands is not something we can afford to do and we need to start considering this when we sign players. Past history of injury problems is the biggest indicator of future injury problems.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 04:32 PM
My point is that these are two players with a long history of injury problems and is usually the case that has continued. Handing out contracts for guys to sit in the stands is not something we can afford to do and we need to start considering this when we sign players. Past history of injury problems is the biggest indicator of future injury problems.

They’ve both had one injury prior to signing for us IIRC. Long history is absolute nonsense. Magennis is here for 4 years and is a long term investment.

Smartie
24-01-2021, 04:46 PM
They’ve both had one injury prior to signing for us IIRC. Long history is absolute nonsense. Magennis is here for 4 years and is a long term investment.

Neither of them have played enough games for us since they joined, let alone good games. Both look like their recent injuries have hampered them and don't appear particularly quick or mobile when they do play.

Whilst the pedigree of both players is good and they have both shown in brief flashes that they might offer us something, the early signs suggest to me that neither will prove to be great signings given they are both likely to be taking a very decent wage by our standards and are simply giving us far too little.

It has to be said, it currently looks to me like we are wasting a hell of a lot of money on very little end product of various types from too many players.

Nisbet, McGinn and Doig are probably providing more than enough for the outlay on them.

Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Hanlon, Porteous, Gogic, Newell, Boyle, Murphy, Doidge, Magennis, Murphy, Mallan, Wright - can anyone argue that we are getting enough minutes on the pitch, goals, assists, solid defensive performances for the large proportion of our budget that will be being spent on them all?

Ross can't argue he hasn't been backed.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Neither of them have played enough games for us since they joined, let alone good games. Both look like their recent injuries have hampered them and don't appear particularly quick or mobile when they do play.

Whilst the pedigree of both players is good and they have both shown in brief flashes that they might offer us something, the early signs suggest to me that neither will prove to be great signings given they are both likely to be taking a very decent wage by our standards and are simply giving us far too little.

It has to be said, it currently looks to me like we are wasting a hell of a lot of money on very little end product of various types from too many players.

Nisbet, McGinn and Doig are probably providing more than enough for the outlay on them.

Gray, McGregor, Stevenson, Hanlon, Porteous, Gogic, Newell, Boyle, Murphy, Doidge, Magennis, Murphy, Mallan, Wright - can anyone argue that we are getting enough minutes on the pitch, goals, assists, solid defensive performances for the large proportion of our budget that will be being spent on them all?

The point was signing players with long histories of injuries. That’s clearly not the case with those two players. What happens once they get here is out of our control in the main.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2021, 05:05 PM

you forgot to add another McGinn to that bottom list of players, lord knows what on earth is going on with him

and you added Murphy twice :)

Smartie
24-01-2021, 05:22 PM
you forgot to add another McGinn to that bottom list of players, lord knows what on earth is going on with him

and you added Murphy twice :)

Murphy is pissing me off right now so he deserves to be on the list twice.

And yes, you have a point about McGinn.

Smartie
24-01-2021, 05:25 PM
The point was signing players with long histories of injuries. That’s clearly not the case with those two players. What happens once they get here is out of our control in the main.

We might be arguing about the word "long" here.

Both players have signed with a history of recent injury and neither player has put that behind them, played regularly and at an adequate level of physical fitness.

Neither have given me much confidence that the injuries suffered before joining Hibs aren't the start of a "long" decline in physical terms.

cabbageandribs1875
24-01-2021, 05:38 PM
Murphy is pissing me off right now so he deserves to be on the list twice.

And yes, you have a point about McGinn.

i thought it was because he fluffed two sitters yesterday, then again he fired one 25FT over the bar in the 2nd half as well so maybe deserves a 3rd addition :greengrin

Cameron1875
24-01-2021, 05:41 PM
We shouldn't go near players who have a close affinity with those *** ****bags. They don't get Hibs and are best suited to our Gorgie chums.

hibbysam
24-01-2021, 06:19 PM
We might be arguing about the word "long" here.

Both players have signed with a history of recent injury and neither player has put that behind them, played regularly and at an adequate level of physical fitness.

Neither have given me much confidence that the injuries suffered before joining Hibs aren't the start of a "long" decline in physical terms.

Magennis was injured when we signed him. He’s signed for 4 years. He’s clearly a long term asset. I don’t think anyone was expecting huge things from him straight away. I’ve no doubt he’ll come good and prove to be a hugely exciting signing going by his history and reputation. There’s nothing to suggest that he’s starting a decline, his career has barely started.

Murphy is at the other end of the spectrum, before Covid he put an extended run in down south and had very good numbers, with Rangers picking up majority of his wages tab this season then it was probably a risk but one we were happy to take. He can’t play on Wednesday so has until next weekend to be fit again.