PDA

View Full Version : Ross out

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AugustaHibs
23-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Couldn’t give a **** if we finish 4th in the weakest league in history, he’s an absolute bottler. We will never beat the OF, Aberdeen or hearts (oooh 1 game) or games at Hampden

Allez Hibs
23-01-2021, 06:13 PM
Couldn’t give a **** if we finish 4th in the weakest league in history, he’s an absolute bottler. We will never beat the OF, Aberdeen or hearts (oooh 1 game) or games at Hampden

Agreed. Lost back to back semi finals against teams we really should be beating. Record in big games, home record this season and generally uninspiring demeanour.

Nicho87
23-01-2021, 06:14 PM
Doooooor *******. Sentiment echoed through the team

Magpie
23-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Bottle job.

bingo70
23-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Cant stand the guy.

Terrible fit for a Hibs manager.

Wheat Hound
23-01-2021, 06:16 PM
Agreed. He won't though until season tic sales dwindle.

we are hibs
Doooooor *******. Sentiment echoed through the team

There is truth to this. Teams reflect their manager. We are uninspiring as is he.

Do people seriously want to watch this "style" of football for 3/4/5 years?

Pretty Boy
I'm not calling for him to go.

I wouldn't care less if he did though. There are other options out there who could do a comparable job to the one he has done.

skyhibs
Sid that a few months ago and got slated with all the rubbish we are forth in the league would you have taken that at the beginning of the season...... too many hibs fas accept the **** we play

ross needs to go ASAP

Hermit Crab
23-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Hit the road Jack. Absolutely murder. You can't win big games. Bottle merchant.

AgentDaleCooper
Nah, terrible idea IMO. Needs time to build. Look at OGS at man utd, or ferguson for that matter.

Ross is clearly a capable manager, and is building a foundation. This is his first proper bad run of form, binning him now would be very stupid IMO.

loanheadhibby
Ross out

Magpie
23-01-2021, 06:18 PM

Said it weeks ago and got shut down for it. He’s been backed brilliantly by the board too.

AugustaHibs
Nah, terrible idea IMO. Needs time to build. Look at OGS at man utd, or ferguson for that matter.

Ross is clearly a capable manager, and is building a foundation. This is his first proper bad run of form, binning him now would be very stupid IMO.

Very good mate. Never seen a worse second half performance than this. What is he building? The worst hibs side in history?

onlyonesauzee4
Pathetic. Cobbled together team and poor substitutions. Played right into their hands

HibeeSS0762

Pass me whatever your smoking mate

neil7908
23-01-2021, 06:19 PM
Yup, he should be gone.

skyehibee
23-01-2021, 06:19 PM
Pathetic. Cobbled together team and poor substitutions. Played right into their hands

He doesn’t know his strongest 11 or formation.

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2021, 06:20 PM
I don't think Hibs will ever sack a manager who has them 4th. Today was dreadful. I think too often our whole plan is to score first. Maybe not the ''plan'' but its really the only way we win. We basically have to score first or we'll buggered. So losing a goal, totally against the run of play today buggered us.

I dunno. I don't think Ross is hopeless and definitely don't think he deserves the abuse he is getting (.net is seriously becoming toxic when we aren't winning) but its impossible to defend his record in big matches. This was a chance at a trophy that comes along very rarely. The best chance we've had at the semi final stage since 2007.

I think we should give him till the end of the season. Nothing to lose now. 4th should be ours based on our good record vs the bottom 6/7 sides. Evaluate in the summer. Hibs have basically never had a manager do well that was hired mid season.

Hibs90
23-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Regardless of league position there is absolutely no way back for him now with the fans. I suspect this result is the turning point for those swithering.

He'll never recover from this and from now onwards it's a matter of time before he leaves.

calumhibee1
23-01-2021, 06:22 PM
Yes please.

If we’re going to bottle everything anyway then let’s get someone in who can at least make it good to watch.

Not a chance we’ll finish top 4 under this clown and I’d be more than happy for folk to bookmark that post.

Helensburghhibs

I wouldn't care less if he did though. There are other options out there who could do a comparable job to the one he has done.

This is where I am , I couldn't care if he goes or stays. Either way we need to sort ourselves out on the park

green day
He doesn’t know his strongest 11 or formation.

Crap defence, and defenders that don't do what st j did at set pieces.

Poor, soft defence.

We make few clear cut chances and those we do the strikers don't convert enough.

We are too easy to read.

Manager has been backed financially and bought some injured players ffs.

Needs to be sacked now.

delbert

Totally agree, it’s not like he has any credibility to rebuild because for many of us, he had little or no credibility even before today’s game, given his horrific record against top six sides allied to an earlier semi defeat against a lower league club. Doubtless he will be along soon in an interview telling us there were aspects of the performance which pleased him and he trusts this group of players ! 🤮

MWHIBBIES
Regardless of league position there is absolutely no way back for him now with the fans. I suspect this result is the turning point for those swithering.

He'll never recover from this and from now onwards it's a matter of time.

There are many ways back for him. Winning the Scottish cup this season would probably do it?

He can only recover the same way as anyone else. Getting up tomorrow and doing better. To be honest, there is probably the same chance of him being a success as the next guy.

Peevemor
Didn't take long for the usual suspects.

hibee_girl
23-01-2021, 06:23 PM

That's exactly where I'm at with him.

supersauzee
Shocking performance. Pedestrian as usual, and run out of ideas after 15mins

cabbage_88
Get him out immediately. For The two semi finals alone he deserves to be punted.
That second half is as gutless and pathetic as I’ve seen, embarrassing to a man. His failure to address how bad hanlon and porteous have been at times this season astounds me. Boyle as well for that matter, garbage all season. Cadden should never have started in a million years tonight either, was well off it.

green day

I'm not one of them. I am in the happy clapper camp, but he has to go. That was pathetic.

Jones28

It never does.

They’re ****ing quiet after a good result though

Coach Jon
We have a Manager And Captain with zero motivational skills, that is only going to end in failure.

overdrive
23-01-2021, 06:24 PM
He needs to go. He should be getting a lot more out of the players we have and he can’t seem to win the big games.

CathroMustStay
Absolutely no chance he's away before the season ends, but it's on us as supporters to make very clear to the club (via potentially withholding season ticket funds) that he can't remain manager come June. Jack Ross brand of football is dire, finishing 4th or 5th will be no achievement with our budget... and he is a serial failure when it comes to the big games. 2nd tier Hertz & 3-0 pumping by bottom 6 St Johnstone FFS

bingo70
He can’t motivate teams for big matches.

It’s not a coincidence he loses every big game. He’s not a motivator, he’s a coach.

Hibiza
Yup, facts speak for themselves. Just another day at the office. Will be the inevitable lock in the dressing room , we should have scored , blah , blah , blah.

Hibernianrus

He'll never recover from this and from now onwards it's a matter of time before he leaves.

He’s lucky that there are no fans allowed in grounds at the moment- this could be what keeps him in a job .

Stokesy's on fire
Hopefully he is sacked first thing Monday Morning. But the issues at Hibs dont lie purely with the manager the clubs seriously lacking Ambition.

Lee Marvin
Can't beat the worst Hearts team in decades.

Can't win semi finals against garbage.

Cant beat Aberdeen.

He has been given everything by the board too. Look at who we have signed.

Bye Bye Jack

Unseen work
I’m absolutely fizzing with that result.

Its too easy saying Ross out, what about the players?

Nisbet, Boyle, Hanlon etc all absolutely brutal today.

We dominated for the first 30 and missed sitters.

First time were asked to defend we concede? The lack of want to win a header defensively and offensively from set pieces is awful, Ross can’t change players wanting to do that side of things.

Once it went 2-0 it was a complete embarrassment with us making so many poor decisions that should be simple. There wasn’t one bit in the second half we had a good attempt at scoring.

The players completely bottled it and started hiding. No pace, tempo or imagination.

Players were an absolute disgrace that second half.

Saint Hibee
23-01-2021, 06:25 PM
We’re only 4th because Hearts aren’t here. And thank God they’re not or as no doubt they’d pump us. Even when we win it’s hardly inspiring stuff. He’s got to go.

chrisski33

Aye whatever Jack just leave please

HFC_NYC
A combined 8-0 reversal in recent weeks against Ross County, Livi and St. Johnstone is a sackable offense.

jeffers
23-01-2021, 06:26 PM
Seems like a nice guy and built a team that reflects that. No leaders in that team, the one leader in our club didn’t even make the bench today.

I’m in the don’t care if he leaves camp.

skyhibs
We
I don't think Hibs will ever sack a manager who has them 4th. Today was dreadful. I think too often our whole plan is to score first. Maybe not the ''plan'' but its really the only way we win. We basically have to score first or we'll buggered. So losing a goal, totally against the run of play today buggered us.

I dunno. I don't think Ross is hopeless and definitely don't think he deserves the abuse he is getting (.net is seriously becoming toxic when we aren't winning) but its impossible to defend his record in big matches. This was a chance at a trophy that comes along very rarely. The best chance we've had at the semi final stage since 2007.

I think we should give him till the end of the season. Nothing to lose now. 4th should be ours based on our good record vs the bottom 6/7 sides. Evaluate in the summer. Hibs have basically never had a manager do well that was hired mid season.

his performances or his teams performances are terrible but you still get people trying to defend him....... he has to go, his attitude is miserable as shows on the pitch... his tactics are hopeless... his formations are hopeless.....
His position and performances are just indefensible

get rid now

madhatter

Genuinely think we will struggle to stay 4th. St Johnstone could’ve, if they kept going, scored more. They are in bottom half of table. Jack Ross keeps changing the team and the formation. To try to get back into game, he threw on Allan and Magennis (neither match fit). He started match with Irvine and Cadden (neither match fit). He plays Nisbet upfront on own or with Boyle (never a striker). He plays Murphy in hole rather than on wing. Tbh he looks like he is reaching and is out of his depth.

Robbo6-2
Hes got to go

He doesn't get what it is to be the hibs manager.

No style of play and weak mentality.
Get him to Falkirk

bingo70
23-01-2021, 06:27 PM

Same applies with you tbf.

Sometimes wonder if you’re an employee of Hibs planted here to defend everything about Hibs. Never see you offer an objective opinion of Hibs that could ever be considered even slightly critical of Hibs, that’s not normal for a supporter.

Wilson
Ross is hopeless.

The semi against hearts was the warning for this game.

What have we learned from that? How do we get the job done this time?

Losing a tight game might have been forgivable. Being embarrassed in these circumstances is not.

We're not going to be winners under Ross.

MWHIBBIES
Hopefully he is sacked first thing Monday Morning. But the issues at Hibs dont lie purely with the manager the clubs seriously lacking Ambition.

Why do you think the club is lacking ambition? There is absolutely zero evidence of that. The manager has been very well backed, there is little the club can do other than that.

Hibs90
There are many ways back for him. Winning the Scottish cup this season would probably do it?

He can only recover the same way as anyone else. Getting up tomorrow and doing better. To be honest, there is probably the same chance of him being a success as the next guy.

Winning the Scottish would do it but let's be realistic it's never going to happen with this team.

Barring a huge drop in league position I don't see him getting booted though.

Hermit Crab

Are you happy with him and his team bottling 2 semi finals in as many months? Won't be long until Livvy are above us as well. Our centre halfs are shocking too. What formation was he playing there by the way?

Scorrie
23-01-2021, 06:28 PM
I’ve been a supporter of Ross but he looked like a rabbit in headlights tonight. Really clueless

Lee Marvin
23-01-2021, 06:28 PM

Sometimes wonder if you’re an employee of Hibs planted here to defend everything about Hibs. Never see you offer an objective opinion of Hibs that could ever be considered even slightly critical of Hibs, that’s not normal for a supporter.

Exactly this.

He/she is the chief 'usual suspect' that he/she refers too. How ironic

MWHIBBIES
23-01-2021, 06:30 PM
We

his performances or his teams performances are terrible but you still get people trying to defend him....... he has to go, his attitude is miserable as shows on the pitch... his tactics are hopeless... his formations are hopeless.....
His position and performances are just indefensible

get rid now

You can quite easily defend his position mate. Its not hard. Truth is he has taken us from 10th to 4th and reached 2 semi finals in just over a year. Is that telling everything? No. But he has certainly done okay.

There are Hibs managers who have been indesensible. Calderwood and Butcher. Jim Duffy. Ross isn't one of them.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 06:31 PM
He’s not got a clue, if he did we’d be in the final.

Loosing against a *****e Hearts team in the SC you could maybe say was unlucky but getting horsed by St Johnstone as well proves he’s not the man.

Allez Hibs
23-01-2021, 06:32 PM
That's an absolutely massive screw up / missed opportunity today. Not surprising though. I've been slated for saying its a big rebuild and questioning Jack Ross record in big games.

Jack Ross simply isn't the right man for Hibs.

NC1875
23-01-2021, 06:32 PM
Never watched him and been the slightest bit inspired.

Rubs off on his players

Time to go.

Jim44
23-01-2021, 06:33 PM
I’m dreading yet another manager change, especially at the end of a transfer window, but you can’t deny that he looks like shaping up into another dud. I don’t know if a new guy could do any better with the players available and the downward spiral we seem to be heading in. Too early to say we’re in a crisis but the future looks bleak.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2021, 06:35 PM
I'm not quite at the sack him stage but if we fail to hold onto 4th place then he should go at the end of the season.

I'm not suggesting that 4th place should be considered as a success by the way, it's just that we were so far ahead of the rest of the league that if we fail to finish at least 4th, coupled with tonight's shambles, then he should go.

madhatter
23-01-2021, 06:36 PM
You can quite easily defend his position mate. Its not hard. Truth is he has taken us from 10th to 4th and reached 2 semi finals in just over a year. Is that telling everything? No. But he has certainly done okay.

There are Hibs managers who have been indesensible. Calderwood and Butcher. Jim Duffy. Ross isn't one of them.

He has been financially backed while most clubs are on the edge of financial ruin or, at very least, making cut backs. Can’t view his “achievement” without including that. On paper we have 3rd strongest squad in league and we’ve been thrashed by team with far less resources in a LC semi.

Our standard of play and entertainment value is very poor which is also attributed to the manager...

I’ve been a supporter of Ross but he looked like a rabbit in headlights tonight. Really clueless

I was about to say exactly the same thing. I am not a JR out man but his team selection, formation and tactics were all wrong tonight. His attempts to adjust them stank of panic.

mentalhibee
Get the hearts coach out, he’s a boring loser with zero passion for Hibs.

kaimendhibs
23-01-2021, 06:38 PM
Im not a doom merchant, or a 'usual suspect'.
But this guy has let us down badly. I will renew next season and continue HSL but would rather we had a manager who can actually win us something.
Two horrible semi finals.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
I’ve defended him a lot, but so much of the support is gone now. There are ways to lose football matches, and - regardless of the fact that we should have been ahead - today is completely acceptable in terms of performance, lack of fight and heart.

Absolute disaster at a time when season ticket renewals have never been more crucial. I’ll renew regardless, but it won’t be the same for everyone.

GreyJammies
Livi, Ross County and St Johnstone. 8-0 aggregate.

It's time to come home Mr Neil Lennon, or John Lennon, or Neil Morrissey, or Johnny Marr, or whoever.

No Hibs manager should be having results like that, to shecht like that.

We are the Hibs.

OUT.

ekhibee
23-01-2021, 06:39 PM

Totally agree with this. For me, particularly in the 2nd half, there were too many individual errors, also players playing long high balls against tall strong defenders and choosing the wrong option. That's not Ross's fault, but I'm sure plenty of people on here will say it is. Nevertheless, Ross's record in big games is poor at the moment, and the players are going to cost him his job unless he starts to kick ass a bit. I can't really see what other players he could have brought on, it was good to see Allan getting some game time and Irvine was our best player by some distance, but the 2nd half was hard to take. I suppose it could have been a very different game if Murphy had scored as he should've, but he didn't so that's irrelevant.

Glory Lurker

So long as we don't have to play a semi that we should win, then winning the Cup is possible.

Ozyhibby
Not sure we should sack him yet but to be honest, I can’t be arsed defending him either. If he goes then so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
Has Jack Ross had enough time and cash for us to now say he has to go.

Since452

In what way is it the weakest league in history?

Row H
23-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Has to go.

BoomtownHibees
23-01-2021, 06:40 PM

Spot on

Coach Jon
23-01-2021, 06:42 PM

you can say 2 semi finals , but we didnt play any premier league teams to get there.

Allez Hibs
23-01-2021, 06:44 PM

Well said.

Pagan Hibernia
23-01-2021, 06:45 PM
Has Jack Ross had enough time and cash for us to now say he has to go.

there’s already threads like this. You should have added a poll

sorrow sorrow
23-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Just watched his interview,he won’t let resign,absolute chancer.
Total chancer as a manager,shouldn’t be anywhere near our club

Viva_Palmeiras
23-01-2021, 06:46 PM
Thought you’d already had nothing more to add?

danhibees1875
23-01-2021, 06:47 PM
I don't see us gaining much by getting rid of JR - I'd be for keeping him.

greenlex
23-01-2021, 06:48 PM
Stay.

WhileTheChief..
Listening to him now, he sounds close to tears.

I think he could be away tonight. He’s broken.

supermcginn

Exactly, it works both ways. Anyone defending that tonight is for the watching 👀

CMac1988
Whilst I ultimately don't think he should be sacked given current circumstances, those sitting backing him on the back of being 4th need to look at the bigger picture.

I think the majority of the managers in this league would have us 4th based on our budget along with the superb backing of the club through this period.

Never fills me with any confidence and the football is crap, lacking in energy and poise. Most of the players he's brought in on paper should have us playing better but many of them have been woeful and those that have been here for a while are starting to look poor also, Boyle the obvious example.

There's no way Ron's happy getting knocked out both semi finals by a team that struggling for goals (starting to look like us) and a team from a lower league, irrespective of them being Hearts or not.

skyhibs
23-01-2021, 06:49 PM
Stay.

yes stay AWAY

Coco Bryce
23-01-2021, 06:50 PM

Good. So are we.

Wilson
23-01-2021, 06:50 PM
Go. He's a loser.

Bridge hibs
23-01-2021, 06:51 PM
Stay

sorrow sorrow
23-01-2021, 06:52 PM
Wake up ffs,the guys a loser.
Do u actually think the players think he is a good manager?
I know they don’t!!!!

bingo70

He’s not a manager.

He’s clearly not got the motivation skills for the job. I suspect he’s a very good coach and would be an excellent assistant manager for someone like Brendan Rodgers.

green day

Let's hope so, I have seen enough too.

Kojock
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back
No more, no more, no more, no more
Hit the road, Jack
And don't you come back no more

Centre Hawf
Sacking him at the moment doesn't seem like a possibility given our position and financial situation with Covid etc. But if he chose to walk away tonight I wouldn't be upset.

Steve20
23-01-2021, 06:53 PM
Go. 4th place is seen as some sort of great achievement, when it’s the absolute bare minimum.

If this club wants to get out of mediocrity, then it needs to think better. Jack Ross shouldn’t see Monday as Hibs manager.

Allez Hibs
Can someone please add a poll?

Since452
We’re only 4th because Hearts aren’t here. And thank God they’re not or as no doubt they’d pump us. Even when we win it’s hardly inspiring stuff. He’s got to go.

Hearts got relegated because they are dug *****. When was the last time they were near the top 4?

A Hi-Bee
Thought you’d already had nothing more to add?

nothin more about the game this is about the manager
:aok:

we are hibs

Im close to tears watching this garbage.

The Captain....
23-01-2021, 06:54 PM

Thats exactly where I am. I think hes a bit of an imposter tbh after initially defending him I just cant be bothered wi Hibs the now and feel really apathetic watching them. Hes never really made an effort to connect wi the support imo and seems passionless and more worryingly competely inept at changing games that are going against us.Not to mention the number of big games he's failed to win at both Sunderland and Hibs

The players have to take a large share of the blame as well tho..they were completely without spine in that second half..a sorry and cowardly capitulation

Col L
23-01-2021, 06:55 PM
I’m not a ‘usual suspect’ as some are getting labelled for legitimately questioning Ross and his role in another embarrassing night for Hibs, but after a season of not being convinced with Ross, he has completely lost me tonight and I am now convinced that he can’t and won’t win the big games.

Yes, he wasn’t out there on the pitch and the players have to take a look at themselves too, but there’s no character, plan, shape or anyone taking responsibility. Where was the post-match apology to the fans who are paying hundreds or pounds to watch us get pumped on a wee screen in our living rooms?

And to those of you who say ‘but he’s taken us to semi-finals’, so f@@@in what? Two disappointments and nae finals where there should have been two if we had manned up and turned up.

Yet another crushing disappointment to add to the list and Ross has to carry the can for this one.

Allez Hibs
Hearts got relegated because they are dug *****. When was the last time they were near the top 4?

Think he means we have more points than we would had Hearts been in the league which I think is spot on.

What has Jack Ross actually achieved after 14 months in charge?

BegbieHSC

Nah, no having that.
Hearts got relegated last season for being dug*****. How would they stop us getting 4th?

Since452

So you're only allowed to "support" Hibs if you criticise?

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Wake up ffs,the guys a loser.
Do u actually think the players think he is a good manager?
I know they don’t!!!!Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Allez Hibs
Nah, no having that.
Hearts got relegated last season for being dug*****. How would they stop us getting 4th?

The last two games v Hearts?

Since452
Nah, no having that.

They also lost at home to Raith bloody Rovers today ffs

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Couldn’t give a **** if we finish 4th in the weakest league in history, he’s an absolute bottler. We will never beat the OF, Aberdeen or hearts (oooh 1 game) or games at HampdenWhat makes this this weakest league in history?

Surely when us, hearts and rangers were out of it made ut weaker?

A Hi-Bee
23-01-2021, 06:59 PM
Just to settle things on hibs.net this is a wee poll to see if the manager should be replaced or should he stay.
I am still in the dont know side but leaning to get Stubbsy back if only to give us a great lift to see us through to the end of this crap season, I say crap as it is not football without crowds really.
Just seen a good suggestion on another thread, and have to agree. Scot Brown in as player manager, then you would get some fight in the few games he picked himself to play in.

Fergos
23-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Genuinely think we will struggle to stay 4th. St Johnstone could’ve, if they kept going, scored more. They are in bottom half of table. Jack Ross keeps changing the team and the formation. To try to get back into game, he threw on Allan and Magennis (neither match fit). He started match with Irvine and Cadden (neither match fit). He plays Nisbet upfront on own or with Boyle (never a striker). He plays Murphy in hole rather than on wing. Tbh he looks like he is reaching and is out of his depth.

Totally agree. He’s picked the wrong team and deployed the wrong shape in both semis. Playing Cadden today was the equivalent of playing McGennis in the Scottish semi. He’s assembled and imbalanced squad with 5000 midfielders, 2 strikers both of whom are currently out of form.

Not good enough.

GGTTH.

Allez Hibs
23-01-2021, 07:01 PM
Poor man's Alex Miller.

WhileTheChief..
He’s not a manager.

I said the same about Heckingbottom from day 1.

I’m finding this one difficult though.

I thought JR was a great appointment and I generally like the way he comes across but the football this season has in the main been gash with results following suit now.

Not calling for his head yet but if he goes then so be it.

I’m more interested to see how Ron Gordon reacts and I expect to see a big clear out of ‘old favourites’ in the summer.

wookie70
Shoogly peg for me. If he finishes 4th or better then he has to be given next year but I haven't been overly impressed since he joined and he is getting worse not better. I didn't think I would see a manager worse than Lennon for making substitutes but Ross has that title now. He consistently makes us a good deal worse when he makes substitutions but tonight was on a new level. His big problem is that he is being labelled as a bottler for big games and a manager who plays poor football. Both those tags are pretty well deserved unfortunately and they are difficult to shake off. He is lucky that the terrible results in semis are not being played out in front of 10s of thousands of Hibs fans who have paid a good few quid to travel to Hampden. He reminds me of Fenlon who also did OK but suffered catastrophic big game defeats which made it impossible to win fans back. Tonight's performance was just as bad as Fenlon's two shocking results as it came against a very poor St Johnstone team.

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2021, 07:02 PM
Cup football is all about will to win, passion, strong mentality and tactical nous where needed.

Over 2 semi finals against Hearts and St Johnstone, we have had none of these 4 things. The fact that we have far better players on paper than those 2 teams was therefore meaningless.

Significant fails by the Manager which he will probably struggle to recover from.

vercol36
23-01-2021, 07:02 PM
What's this 'usual suspect' patter? Are people not allowed to have different opinions?

My personal opinion is that Ross hasn't been here even remotely long enough to make a judgement call on his abilities. I think two semi finals and fourth place in January is very reasonable. And I think some of the posters on this thread need to simmer down, and remember to be polite to other posters with different thoughts, regardless of how pissed off you are.

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Cup football is all about will to win, passion, strong mentality and tactical nous where needed.

Over 2 semi finals against Hearts and St Johnstone, we have had none of these 4 things. The fact that we have far better players on paper than those 2 teams was therefore meaningless.

A significant fail by the Manager and one he will probably struggle to recover from.It's definately something to beat him with

It would be fascinating to see how Ron Gordon plays it if he moves him on

WhileTheChief..
I’d go for Lennon before Stubbs :offski:

Nicho87
Should have went after hearts game

A Hi-Bee
there’s already threads like this. You should have added a poll

started one now to see what a small section of the Hibs support think about our manager going or staying or whatever.

hibee-boys
Sick of hearing about best points total outside old firm blah blah blah, we’ll have a far greater budget than every other team other than Aberdeen so it’s hardly a great reflection on him. What I do know is that his teams have sxxx it when it really matters too often for my liking.

Chorley Hibee
Absolutely pumped by St Johnstone, Livingston and Ross County in the last month alone.

The levels of desire in those games were similar to the dark days of Calderwood/Fenlon/Butcher era, and that tonight is one of the worst Hampden horror shows yet.

I don't think he's Hibs manager material (never have done), but the players aren't absolved from their responsibility either.

Time to stop the sentimental ***** with players who aren't up to the standard required anymore also.

Since452
23-01-2021, 07:04 PM
Stubbs back lol. Think I'll log off this site for a while.

bingo70
So you're only allowed to "support" Hibs if you criticise?

Behave.

You might have noticed that Peevemor never offered an opinion, he just had a pop at those that did.

If you or he can defend that performance then fine, I’ll disagree with you but you’re entitled to your opinion. The poster I was talking about never gives an objective opinion about anything Hibs. We could lose 10 nil and he’d just be scoffing at people who were annoyed at getting beat.

Posters like Hermit get slated for being overly negative, for Peevemor to come out with a nippy comment like he did without giving his own opinion it’s absolutely right he should get called out for that IMO.

NC1875
Go please. Seen enough to know he can’t motivate the team

madhatter

What did he say?

Looked and sounded his normal self (bit more anger obviously) on Premier. Dropped the players in it more than I’ve ever heard him do but even that was tempered with his normal “we’ve been good at that most of the season”.

Seems a really decent guy but I doubt he’ll recover from this.

calumhibee1
23-01-2021, 07:05 PM
Behave.

You might have noticed that Peevemor never offered an opinion, he just had a pop at those that did.

If you or he can defend that performance then fine, I’ll disagree with you but you’re entitled to your opinion. The poster I was talking about never gives an objective opinion about anything Hibs. We could lose 10 nil and he’d just be scoffing at people who were annoyed at getting beat.

Posters like Hermit get slated for being overly negative, for Peevemor to come out with a nippy comment like he did without giving his own opinion it’s absolutely right he should get called out for that IMO.

:agree:

roo62
23-01-2021, 07:05 PM

It’s not a coincidence he loses every big game. He’s not a motivator, he’s a coach.

Agreed very similar in style to Heckingbottom. This Hibs team needs motivated and as long as we continue with Ross it will continue to end in heartache in the games that really matter. Just missed Yogi. Lol

sorrow sorrow
23-01-2021, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Callum_62;6432362]Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE. Lol trust me on this one

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 07:06 PM
I’d go for Lennon before Stubbs :offski:

**** that, we’re bad enough as it is.

Nicho87
23-01-2021, 07:07 PM
Anyone supporting Ross imo is a happy clapper and has no ambition for hibs. Losing against your rivals in a lower decision, then a team in ninth, I repeat ninth, with no goal scored. Even if the football was attacking and attractive there is an argument but there is nothing going for him. Dour ******* who should **** off pronto

Scott88
23-01-2021, 07:08 PM
The “modern” manager. Stands in fancy clothes to look good. Over complicates things to make himself look good. Has the mentality in big games not to play occasion - absolutely criminal attitude. No coincidence his record in Derby’s & Neilson derby record against us before Ross was poor they are both cut from the same cloth.

Today we played 2 unmatch fit players. In return we moved our most consistent player this season in Paul McGinn out of his best position & our best player on form or most dangerous - Martin Boyle also out of his best position. CRIMINAL.

Then you look at St Johnstone - there most obviously threat was there physicality so we have Christian Doidge on the bench - a player who is is our most effective in both boxes when defending set play & attacking. To add to this he allows Nisbet to do his best work so we get more out another attacking option.

doig has developed well this season, but jeezo you can’t buy experience and Lewis Stevenson had to start on that side with Rooneys obvious threat physically.

IMO Ross again has tried to be to clever & again we have suffered.

In a 352 he had to play :-

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon

Boyle. Lewis

Hallberg gogic

Murphy / Irvine

Doidge. Nisbet

Or 4411

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon Lewis

Boyle. Hallberg. Gogic. Murphy

Nisbet

Doidge

I’m delighted with Cadden and Irvine as much as anyone but players are not robots and they haven’t played for months to put them on that massive hampden pitch in a semi final is ridiculous. Also they need to build up a proper understanding of the teams structure & build realtionships on the pitch with players. Semi finals isn’t the time to be doing that.

we are hibs
23-01-2021, 07:09 PM
Go.

He isnt going to recover from those 2 semi finals so delaying it is pointless. It may also save us having to watch his lifeless football any longer.

B.H.F.C
I want him gone.

As soon as we play a half decent team, or it’s a high profile game, we’re not winning.

Decent enough players there, to an extent, but said all along he’s not brought them in with any idea of how they’re going to fit together.

sorrow sorrow
Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalkhe is actually a laughing stock....no I won’t name names.
Get him t Fck now

Unseen work
No.

That was all down to the players.

The starting team was fine and dominated the first 30 minutes. Created several good chances but never scored.

First time were asking to defend and we concede from a set piece.

Half time - Get in, regroup and go out again.

4 minutes later we concede another shocking goal from a set piece.

From the 50th minute on the players had chucked it except Irvine. None of them had any desire to get back into the game and just tried to punt it and shirk any responsibility.

I was actually thinking I wish Mallan was on as he’d at least put his foot on the ball and pick a pass.

Pretty Boy
23-01-2021, 07:10 PM
I'm not really arsed about defending Ross. I'm not calling for him to go but I don't care if he does either.

I'd let him see out the season and reassess from there. We are going through a terrible run with some of our worst results in a long while but football is about whrre you are after all the games are played. The 2 semi finals are huge marks in the against column though and he really needs to pull something out the bag to win a lot of fans back. Limping into 4th ahead of Livi is only going to see us start next season with the 1st bad result having everyone rounding on him again.

Personally I'd be keeping an eye on Stevie Crawford and Jim Goodwin between now and the end of the season. Both performing well in their respective roles and in the case of the latter has his side playing some pretty good football with very limited means.

Hibees1973
23-01-2021, 07:11 PM

Significant fails by the Manager which he will probably struggle to recover from.

This is where I am at.

Ross has continually signed midfielders who are no better than we already have. Obvious from tonight is it's the centre of defence where we are weak. When was the last time we signed a good quality, robust centre half. Probably McGregor then before that, Jones. Not a great strike rate.

His reputation is now at rock bottom. Any subsequent loss to a 'lesser' team will have the knives out for him. Can only see toxic atmosphere around Ross continuing from now on.

He needs to be moved on pronto.

WhileTheChief..
What did he say?

Looked and sounded his normal self (bit more anger obviously) on Premier. Dropped the players in it more than I’ve ever heard him do but even that was tempered with his normal “we’ve been good at that most of the season”.

After talking about the players, he was asked if he got anything wrong himself.

He went off on an unbelievable rant at the journo for not showing him respect. It was car crash, cringeworthy listening.

Prob get it on the BBC Sportsound podcast later. Painful.

bigwheel
he is actually a laughing stock....no I won’t name names.
Get him t Fck now

**ITK post **. Yawn 🥱

madhatter
23-01-2021, 07:12 PM
I want him gone.

As soon as we play a half decent team, or it’s a high profile game, we’re not winning.

Decent enough players there, to an extent, but said all along he’s not brought them in with any idea of how they’re going to fit together.

Maybe a reflection on our Sporting Director as well in terms of bringing players in? What is our philosophy, what type of football do we play? Seems we just sign players based on their credentials more than anything.

Coco Bryce
23-01-2021, 07:12 PM
It's just as well there are no fans allowed into games this season. The atmosphere would be toxic alright.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2021, 07:13 PM

No, no. He beat Hearts and Aberdeen once each back in 2019. And won a Johnstone’s Paint Semi Final with Sunderland.

Scott88
23-01-2021, 07:13 PM
The “modern” manager. Stands in fancy clothes to look good. Over complicates things to make himself look good. Has the mentality in big games not to play occasion - absolutely criminal attitude. No coincidence his record in Derby’s & Neilson derby record against us before Ross was poor they are both cut from the same cloth.

Today we played 2 unmatch fit players. In return we moved our most consistent player this season in Paul McGinn out of his best position & our best player on form or most dangerous - Martin Boyle also out of his best position. CRIMINAL.

Then you look at St Johnstone - there most obviously threat was there physicality so we have Christian Doidge on the bench - a player who is is our most effective in both boxes when defending set play & attacking. To add to this he allows Nisbet to do his best work so we get more out another attacking option.

doig has developed well this season, but jeezo you can’t buy experience and Lewis Stevenson had to start on that side with Rooneys obvious threat physically.

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon

Boyle. Lewis

Hallberg gogic

Murphy / Irvine

Doidge. Nisbet

Or 4411

Marciano

Nisbet

Doidge

I’m delighted with Cadden and Irvine as much as anyone but players are not robots and they haven’t played for months to put them on that massive hampden pitch in a semi final is ridiculous. Also they need to build up a proper understanding of the teams structure & build realtionships on the pitch with p

sorrow sorrow
23-01-2021, 07:14 PM
**ITK post **. Yawn 🥱

Yes very itk YAWN 🥱

Since452
Behave.

It's a bit off telling a poster to go for not being critical imo. He can post what he likes.

Peevemor
Behave.

Since when did you decide on what I'm permitted to post?

There are people on here who seem to revel in being negative and are delighted to show how right they are after a bad result.

As for me being a club plant, don't be so stupid. I'm a Hibs supporter - you could maybe check the meaning in the dictionary - you might be surprised. And for what it's worth, I don't think Ross should be binned, but he'll be well aware that results like tonight will never be acceptable and that he'll have lost a huge chunk of the supporters' patience and goodwill tonight.

Is that OK for you?

madhatter
23-01-2021, 07:15 PM

He went off on an unbelievable rant at the journo for not showing him respect. It was car crash, cringeworthy listening.

Jeez, didn’t expect it to go that way. Sounds like he was under pressure to get result (given really). Will give it a listen if it goes up later.

04Sauzee
23-01-2021, 07:16 PM
Some folk need to put their phone down 😅😅

hibee-boys
Lost the plot on the radio tonight, should’ve spent more time criticising his team than having a go at the reporter.

Viva_Palmeiras
Yes very itk YAWN 🥱

Glass half full by name and by nature.

sorrow sorrow
Prove it - what players don't think he's a good manager?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalkhe is actually a laughing stock....no I won’t name names.
Get him t Fck now

B.H.F.C
Maybe a reflection on our Sporting Director as well in terms of bringing players in? What is our philosophy, what type of football do we play? Seems we just sign players based on their credentials more than anything.

The Sporting Director who was promoted from Head of Recruitment after some questionable (at best) recruitment?

Cadden is the obvious one for me. Where has he been identified to play and who is he playing instead of? Kyle Magennis ending up left midfield to get him in the team as well.

Wilson
23-01-2021, 07:17 PM
We don't have to pick the replacement.

Folk are muddying the waters going on about Stubbs.

Are the results good enough under Jack Ross is the only question we have to answer and the answer is no.

Col L
What did he say?

Not disagreeing with anything you say, but hope people don’t start playing the ‘he’s a decent guy’ card. Not accusing you of that rather just pointing out that it is irrelevant when judging his overall ability as a manager. I’m sure he is a very good guy as most of our previous managers have all been. And I’m also sure he works his arse off and is as angry and upset as we are. But he’s come up short... again! I don’t tend to post after games because I can get over emotional but this latest capitulation has me raging!

The Count
I said before this game that Jack Ross was still to win a big game.However i do think we should stick with him as changing your manager every 18 months is a recipe for disaster.But so so pissed off tonight as these type of results predate Ross and seem to be Hibs thing and i have witnessed too many in my life.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2021, 07:18 PM
I don't know if he will be sacked on the back of this. But surely he must now be under pressure, that was unacceptable and it's a word I for one seem to be using a hell of a lot recently. This is a results based business and it's the ones in games that matter that save or lose a manager his job.

We are losing heavily to teams who are organised and up for it, teams who on paper are way short of the players we have at our disposal ... but those players and their manager are found woefully wanting when faced with the minimum you would want from an amatuer team, fight and organisation.

It would do his cause no harm if he looked a bit more enthusiastic and / or animated on the touchline, what the hell will it take for this guy to show some bloody passion FFS?

I watched Bill Belichick one of the best, most successful and most respected coaches in any sport famous for his dead pan approach absolutely lose the plot the other week after a coach had given him bad advice during a game with absolutely nothing but pride resting on it .... if it's good enough for him it's bloody well good enough for our seemingly passionless manager.

IMO he should be one crap result away from the tin tack and if he isn't then perhaps Ron Gordon was full of hot air about what he want's for this club after all :fuming:

Mickey Weir
23-01-2021, 07:18 PM

This is where I'm at too. We will never eradicate days like today unless we give him a chance to build a foundation and change the culture of consistent failure in important matches.

BegbieHSC
23-01-2021, 07:19 PM
The last two games v Hearts?

Fair enough. I read it as Hearts being 4th instead of us, when in actual fact it was more about our bottle against them. See the point now.

number9dream
23-01-2021, 07:19 PM
Give the job to one of the cardboard kangaroos - more substance than our current characterless manager.
Looks good in a polo neck, that’s about it.

One Day Soon
23-01-2021, 07:20 PM
I'm not one of them. I am in the happy clapper camp, but he has to go. That was pathetic.

I'm as Happy a Clapper as you will find. Almost worse than wanting him out though I find myself just completely ambivalent about him. Instead of feeling that he should be sacked in the morning I somehow end up feeling a gigantic MEH about the whole thing. That's not a good sign.

Wilson
I said before this game that Jack Ross was still to win a big game.However i do think we should stick with him as changing your manager every 18 months is a recipe for disaster.But so so pissed off tonight as these type of results predate Ross and seem to be Hibs thing and i have witnessed too many in my life.

Persevering with an inept manager - what would you say that was a recipe for? Not success.

Scott88
Why because someone doesn’t want to drop there mates name out there does that mean there wrong?

Hiber-nation
The Sporting Director who was promoted from Head of Recruitment after some questionable (at best) recruitment?

Cadden is the obvious one for me. Where has he been identified to play and who is he playing instead of? Kyle Magennis ending up left midfield to get him in the team as well.

Cadden. Why?
Drey Wright. WTF?
Stephen McGinn. See Cadden.

The 3rd manager in a row to sign some total duds so you have to wonder what the hell is going on in the recruitment team.

NorthNorfolkHFC

He was unhinged. Kenny was entirely respectful and asked reasonable questions.

His responses made Lennon sound sane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sorrow sorrow
23-01-2021, 07:21 PM
Glass half full by name and by nature.

He will be gone and that does not make me right with regards with what I know what the players think of him.
He has to go now

tamig
He’s not got a clue, if he did we’d be in the final.

Loosing against a *****e Hearts team in the SC you could maybe say was unlucky but getting horsed by St Johnstone as well proves he’s not the man.
Murphy takes one of his two sitters and Porteous empties the concrete from his boots and its a different game. The players lost the game for us tonight.

bingo70
Since when did you decide on what I'm permitted to post?

There are people on here who seem to revel in being negative and are delighted to show how right they are after a bad result.

As for me being a club plant, don't be so stupid. I'm a Hibs supporter - you could maybe check the meaning in the dictionary - you might be surprised. And for what it's worth, I don't think Ross should be binned, but he'll be well aware that results like tonight will never be acceptable and that he'll have lost a huge chunk of the supporters' patience and goodwill tonight.

Is that OK for you?

Post what you want, I couldn’t care.

If you post snidey comments about the usual suspects being out, without giving your own opinion, of course you’re going to get some stick back.

As for your definition of a supporter, if you think that is just agreeing with everything and cheering on everything Hibs ever do then you’re mistaken, sometimes it’s good to challenge things if you feel they aren’t right.

If it was up to you we’d be in the 3rd division, Terry Butcher would still be our manager but you’d be on here making wee digs at anyone that questioned it.

Chorley Hibee
23-01-2021, 07:22 PM
you can say 2 semi finals , but we didnt play any premier league teams to get there.

Correct, and as soon as we meet a team anywhere near our level then we ***** the bed accordingly.

BegbieHSC
I’m not quite in the Ross out camp - I think we need a period of stability, and JR can provide us with that.

I am getting some Fenlon stability vibes however, so I’m really split on the issue.

Andy74

When the window opened I thought midfield was the last place we needed players. We added another 2 of them.

We do need cover for positions but we have to have it figured out very quickly how we want to play and how the players we have fit in.

We badly need a commanding centre half and need another option up front.

I’m not chasing Ross out because generally I don’t think it’s helpful and I doubt any manager we will ever get won’t have us in poor form at times.

I’m also not going to waste much time defending him now though. That has to come from getting better performances again.

madhatter
23-01-2021, 07:23 PM
This is where I'm at too. We will never eradicate days like today unless we give him a chance to build a foundation and change the culture of consistent failure in important matches.

How is he going to change it? What foundation is he going to build? You build by winning, not losing. Can’t attract players with “we don’t win anything”. Unless we plan to wait until we get golden generation of youngsters coming through...

allmodcons
23-01-2021, 07:24 PM
He will be gone and that does not make me right with regards with what I know what the players think of him.
He has to go now

You know nothing. You should go

Callum_62
He has to go nowIt odd these things wernt said when we were flying

These things about crap training etc only ever seen to come out during a sticky patch

Weird

Winston Ingram
👋🏻

Jim44
Go. 4th place is seen as some sort of great achievement, when it’s the absolute bare minimum.

If this club wants to get out of mediocrity, then it needs to think better. Jack Ross shouldn’t see Monday as Hibs manager.

We’ve been no better than mediocre for years. Do we just jump on the merry-go-round yet again in the vain hope of hitting the jackpot, which we never do. Before anyone accuses me of trying to defend JR, I am indifferent to his staying or going. But I just can’t get enthusiastic about yet another managerial shake up.

Peevemor
Post what you want, I couldn’t care.

If you post snidey comments about the usual suspects being out, without giving your own opinion, of course you’re going to get some stick back.

As for your definition of a supporter, if you think that is just agreeing with everything and cheering on everything Hibs ever do then you’re mistaken, sometimes it’s good to challenge things if you feel they aren’t right.

If it was up to you we’d be in the 3rd division, Terry Butcher would still be our manager but you’d be on here making wee digs at anyone that questioned it.

Why should anyone take you seriously when you write crap like your last paragraph?

And I'm the snidey one?

Clown.

Highwayman
23-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Absolutely clueless tonight.As with Yogi Hughes and Ross Counry and Livingston and David Martindale,he didn’t do his homework.We’ve taken plenty off their players now let’s take their manager Jim Goodwin.Always been impressed with him.

DaveF
23-01-2021, 07:26 PM
I'm not really arsed about defending Ross. I'm not calling for him to go but I don't care if he does either.

I'd let him see out the season and reassess from there. We are going through a terrible run with some of our worst results in a long while but football is about whrre you are after all the games are played. The 2 semi finals are huge marks in the against column though and he really needs to pull something out the bag to win a lot of fans back. Limping into 4th ahead of Livi is only going to see us start next season with the 1st bad result having everyone rounding on him again.

Personally I'd be keeping an eye on Stevie Crawford and Jim Goodwin between now and the end of the season. Both performing well in their respective roles and in the case of the latter has his side playing some pretty good football with very limited means.

I like the cut of Goodwin. Speaks well, team works hard and with better players I think he would do well. But can you imagine the rage if we nicked another from St Mirren 😲

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2021, 07:26 PM
Go !

But don’t take my word for it

Lets have a poll

NC1875
23-01-2021, 07:27 PM

And you believe Jack Ross is the man to do that ?

Doesn’t inspire me at all.

joe t
23-01-2021, 07:27 PM
Punting a manager while sitting 4th in the league and getting to two cup semis in a season would definitely be a new look for hibs. Or anyone outside the old firm really.....

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Murphy takes one of his two sitters and Porteous empties the concrete from his boots and its a different game. The players lost the game for us tonight.

I don’t rate Murphy at all. He would have been brought to our club for exactly these types of games. He won’t be on crap money either. We’ve had next to no return on that investment.

AgentDaleCooper
23-01-2021, 07:28 PM
what happened the last two times we sacked a manager who had us in a serviceable position, albeit with uninspiring football?

we're also at most 5 points off 3rd place. sacking ross is an absolutely stupid idea. we will be in europe next season, and he deserve the opportunity to deliver this. if he fails, then fine, sack him, but i can't honestly see who is going to do a better job than him.

we are hibs
23-01-2021, 07:29 PM
Punting a manager while sitting 4th in the league and getting to two cup semis in a season would definitely be a new look for hibs. Or anyone outside the old firm really.....

Reaching semi finals isnt an achievement if we keep losing them. 4 semis since 2016 and we have lost every single one.

Since452
23-01-2021, 07:29 PM
There's absolutely no danger he's going to be sacked. Nonsense.

H18 SFR
23-01-2021, 07:30 PM
I still want him to stay, I’m sharing an honest opinion, I’m not saying this to wind anyone up so please don’t take it in that context.

We’ve invested in the last two windows, players he wanted - got to give him time to make the signings into a team. Plenty players to be moved on with perhaps a couple in during the next window.

I genuinely understand why some want him out but it’s a huge no for me.

AFKA5814_Hibs
23-01-2021, 07:30 PM
If we finish 4th and get a European spot, then I'd say give him another season. A 4th place finish is actually considered a success for Hibs. We can pretty much forget the Scottish Cup campaign. Our chances of Cup success was with the League Cup and we've blown that. Anything less than top 4 and I'd say punt.

madhatter
23-01-2021, 07:31 PM
what happened the last two times we sacked a manager who had us in a serviceable position, albeit with uninspiring football?

we're also at most 5 points off 3rd place. sacking ross is an absolutely stupid idea. we will be in europe next season, and he deserve the opportunity to deliver this. if he fails, then fine, sack him, but i can't honestly see who is going to do a better job than him.

Why are you so certain we will be in Europe?

andudare2
23-01-2021, 07:32 PM
Been on side/defending Jack Ross fir a good while,no more though,bringing on Allan who aint played in months and starting with and keeping on Irvine who has played 1 game up till tonight to me is a joke and indefensible.

Since452
23-01-2021, 07:33 PM

Correct.

hibeerealist
Should have went after hearts game

I started a thread stating that after hertz **** show and was hounded by many a happy clapper. It now seems to be dawning on the happy clappers that he is not going to last.

Nice enough guy but too cautious and on a number of occasions, clueless.

H18 SFR
Bring back Stubbs, this is clearly a piss take 😂😂.

Ayrshire Hibee
23-01-2021, 07:34 PM

Yup.. the players let us down tonight not the manager....only bonus is I didn't have to travel back via a few bars after watching them fail again!! Just drown my sorrows in the man cave :-\

calumhibee1
There’s only one way this is going imo.

Replace him now and possibly salvage a top 4 spot than watch us produce mind numbing performances whilst sliding lower and lower down the league.

hhibs

Not so sure,Ron Gordon is an entirely different type of owner and ,I think ,he is much more capable of being necessarily ruthless.

Wheat Hound
23-01-2021, 07:35 PM
He should go. This was the best chance in years to win a trophy and his team absolutely bottled it. Again. He clearly can neither motivate or organise a team for a big game. A serial bottler.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2021, 07:35 PM
If we’d scored. If we’d defended better. If we’d showed some heart after they scored.

Previous semi final. If we’d scored first. If we’d scored the penalty. If the ref had gave another penalty.

Always if. Always a letdown.

bingo70
23-01-2021, 07:36 PM
Why should anyone take you seriously when you write crap like your last paragraph?

And I'm the snidey one?

Clown.

Don’t see what snidey about my post.

I think you are wrong so I replied directly to your comment saying I think you talk pish.

You made a generic comment without giving your own opinion or engaging directly with the people you disagreed with, that’s what made yours a snidey comment.

I don’t think Hibs could ever do anything that would attract criticism from you, no matter what, you’ll always take the clubs side. That doesn’t make you a better supporter like you suggested in a previous post, it makes you someone that’ll be happy to accept us drifting back to a standard or level we should be demanding better than.

Blind faith doesn’t help the club, as someone on the PM board just said, apathy is more dangerous than rage, attitudes like yours encourages the former.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2021, 07:36 PM
Scott Brown player/coach for me

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 07:37 PM
It will certainly be interesting to see what our new owner does

green day
Not so sure,Ron Gordon is an entirely different type of owner and ,I think ,he is much more capable of being necessarily ruthless.

Agreed. He knows this has skelped our season ticket campaign right into the long grass....,and hence costs him more money.

AgentDaleCooper
Why are you so certain we will be in Europe?

because bad runs of form happen, and this is his first real one IIRC. i also think that he's earned the right to try to get us in to europe. if we end up 5th at the end of the season then sack him, but doing so now would be absolutely mental, and would make the job look thoroughly unappealing.

another thing, r.e. not laying a glove on the old firm...we have drawn 3 times against them this season, so i think it's a pretty unfair charge. i do wish we could take points off aberdeen, but i can't remember the last manager to be able to do this on a regular basis. mcinnes has us, and most of the teams outside the OF, pretty well sussed.

Wilson
23-01-2021, 07:39 PM
I still want him to stay, I’m sharing an honest opinion, I’m not saying this to wind anyone up so please don’t take it in that context.

We’ve invested in the last two windows, players he wanted - got to give him time to make the signings into a team. Plenty players to be moved on with perhaps a couple in during the next window.

I feel like his hibs have been found out and Jack Ross has no answers. It is no coincidence we've started getting cuffed every week from all comers.

If all anyone has to cling to is fourth place then I suspect they'll lose that particular lifeline in reasonably short order.

We're playing the waiting game now imho. Jack Ross can't take us forward.

S4uzee
23-01-2021, 07:39 PM
We have a Manager And Captain with zero motivational skills, that is only going to end in failure.

They’re two peas in a pod. Can imagine them patting each other saying “unlucky”

banchoryhibs
23-01-2021, 07:40 PM
I don't think that he should be shown the door, this season has been incredibly difficult and he has displayed leadership and a level head.

BUT the test of character is how you respond to adversity and telling us that overall the team has performed ok when viewed over the season as a whole is simply not good enough. He now needs to show a ruthless side to his character and move on the players who are not good enough - or simply don't care enough. I'm afraid that Martin Boyle is one such player.

If we simply don't show up mid-week against The Rangers then I suspect that the clamour for his head will gain much momentum.

bingo70
23-01-2021, 07:40 PM

I really like Ron and think he’s been great for us so far.

I’d be keen for him to hurry up and replace Dempster though. Until that happens I think it’ll be difficult to move forward.

DIXIHIBS
23-01-2021, 07:41 PM

Marciano

McGinn porteous Hanlon

Boyle. Lewis

Hallberg gogic

Murphy / Irvine

Doidge. Nisbet

Or 4411

Marciano

Nisbet

Doidge

I’m delighted with Cadden and Irvine as much as anyone but players are not robots and they haven’t played for months to put them on that massive hampden pitch in a semi final is ridiculous. Also they need to build up a proper understanding of the teams structure & build realtionships on the pitch with p
Agree with every word. Cannot understand playing a player who has never kicked a ball for the club in a semi final. To me halberg had been playing well and didnt deserve to be dropped. Ross also seems to want to adapt to the opposition (rangers/celtic fair enough), instead of letting them worry about us. Put him self under a lot of pressure after this one.

Robbo6-2
23-01-2021, 07:41 PM
What a terrible poll
Should be a yes or no and then when 90% say yes some **** screen shot and send to Gordon

Ardenttwo
23-01-2021, 07:42 PM
I like the cut of Goodwin. Speaks well, team works hard and with better players I think he would do well. But can you imagine the rage if we nicked another from St Mirren 😲

I actually mentioned to the wife before the game that I would not mind the St Johnston manager at Hibs

loanheadhibby

Do you actually think he will get the vibe back home in Peru? No chief executive, absent owner, feeble manager & players = rudderless ship.

Ross going nowhere

hhibs
I started a thread stating that after hertz **** show and was hounded by many a happy clapper. It now seems to be dawning on the happy clappers that he is not going to last.

Nice enough guy but too cautious and on a number of occasions, clueless.

Nope ,the happy clappers will revert to type,acceptance of any level of *****.

Cod Boy
23-01-2021, 07:43 PM
Get rid style of football honking
How you can be motivated by him is beyond me. Before the ah 4th place though that’s the minimum we should be the league is dross

Jim44
If we finish 4th and get a European spot, then I'd say give him another season. A 4th place finish is actually considered a success for Hibs. We can pretty much forget the Scottish Cup campaign. Our chances of Cup success was with the League Cup and we've blown that. Anything less than top 4 and I'd say punt.

That’s where I’m at. Our best chance is 4th place with Ross and I think he is capable of getting us there. European football could be a tonic for the club. A new manager is a gamble at this stage of the season and, if a new face failed, we could go into free fall. My option is a reluctant, slightly indifferent ‘keep him and give him a chance’.

mcohibs

That's enough hibs.net for me today. Night folks

Clarence
23-01-2021, 07:44 PM

I think so too. I think he’ll get his new CEO in first and they’ll be thinking about an appropriate replacement to be in seat for the start of next season. Ross has had more backing than most and a relatively strong squad compared to every other team bar the old firm and Aberdeen.

Ron won’t like the feeling of failure on the big stage.

Scott88

Hahahahah. On what basis does Scott brown deserve that? - at any club for that matter right now. Particularly one Hibs size.

sorrow sorrow
St Johnstone 3 hibs 0
Semi final
Why r we even having this discussion,the guy is an imposter

wookie70
No from me as he is likely to finish fourth so that is pretty much doing his job. Style of play, big games, fitness and drive of players and constant tinkering are his biggest issues. Tonight it looked like the players stopped playing for him and that is never a good sign

madhatter
23-01-2021, 07:45 PM
because bad runs of form happen, and this is his first real one IIRC. i also think that he's earned the right to try to get us in to europe. if we end up 5th at the end of the season then sack him, but doing so now would be absolutely mental, and would make the job look thoroughly unappealing.

another thing, r.e. not laying a glove on the old firm...we have drawn 3 times against them this season, so i think it's a pretty unfair charge. i do wish we could take points off aberdeen, but i can't remember the last manager to be able to do this on a regular basis. mcinnes has us, and most of the teams outside the OF, pretty well sussed.

Bad run of form doesn’t need to result in absolute thrashings though. His team selections and subs suggests he doesn’t know what to do at key moments. It isn’t entirely on him, not sure why we have acquired so many unfit midfielders. Recruitment team, players and manager take responsibility for that result. However, in football the manager takes the brunt.

hhibs

I think that ship has sailed,after the two semi failures,no way back ,no bottle in this team.

LeithMike

Personally I'd be keeping an eye on Stevie Crawford and Jim Goodwin between now and the end of the season. Both performing well in their respective roles and in the case of the latter has his side playing some pretty good football with very limited means.Im also in the camp of Ros seeing the season out and seeing if he can take a step forward next season but would also like it if Ron Gordon was to say that the failure in the cup semis is not on and is no longer acceptable at Hibs. No idea eho we would get though and not confident he'd do any better.

Ross is putting together a decent young squad but they are less than the sum of their parts and not convinced of him tactically and never have been.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
23-01-2021, 07:46 PM
Don’t see what snidey about my post.

I think you are wrong so I replied directly to your comment saying I think you talk pish.

You made a generic comment without giving your own opinion or engaging directly with the people you disagreed with, that’s what made yours a snidey comment.

I don’t think Hibs could ever do anything that would attract criticism from you, no matter what, you’ll always take the clubs side. That doesn’t make you a better supporter like you suggested in a previous post, it makes you someone that’ll be happy to accept us drifting back to a standard or level we should be demanding better than.

Blind faith doesn’t help the club, as someone on the PM board just said, apathy is more dangerous than rage, attitudes like yours encourages the former.

There's so much wrong with that but I really can't be arsed justifying myself and correcting you so I'll just leave it there.

calumhibee1

That’s fair enough.

As someone who does now want him to go, what do you think he’s trying to achieve at Hibs? What sort of team do you think he’s trying to build/style of play he wants to play? Do you think he even has the faintest clue of his best starting 11?

Genuine questions and I’m not trying to change your mind. These are just the big issues I see in Jack Ross and the ones that the more we see the further I am from working it out.

Wheat Hound
Now he's lost what appears to be a sizeable section of the support, it's just a matter of time now. We might limp into 4th place but if we happen to get to the scottish cuo semis, JR has now presided over a collective weak mentality where most of us (and the players) would have little confidence of success.

DJ HIBBY
23-01-2021, 07:47 PM
Ross will get to end of season but as future replacements, rather than Stubbs I would look at John Doolan who has done great job as first team coach at Accrington.

Callum_62
No from me as he is likely to finish fourth so that is pretty much doing his job. Style of play, big games, fitness and drive of players and constant tinkering are his biggest issues. Tonight it looked like the players stopped playing for him and that is never a good signI thought we were very good first half

Play with that freedom more and keep picking up results and I don't think we would have much complaints moving forward

Viva_Palmeiras
What a terrible poll
Should be a yes or no and then when 90% say yes some **** screen shot and send to Gordon

Cos that’s the way it works in no football club ever. Internet polls on such topics esp on fans forums a bit of a blunt instrument IMO esp with Jambos and wind-up merchants piling in.

B.H.F.C
23-01-2021, 07:49 PM
I don’t rate Murphy at all. He would have been brought to our club for exactly these types of games. He won’t be on crap money either. We’ve had next to no return on that investment.

Meant to be quality. Two goals in half a season and keeps getting a sore leg.

There is talent there but getting by on reputation. Pish.

Bridge hibs
Scott Brown player/coach for mePerfect, with his absolute zero management experience, good shout 👍

Callum_62
We’re only 4th because Hearts aren’t here. And thank God they’re not or as no doubt they’d pump us. Even when we win it’s hardly inspiring stuff. He’s got to go.Hearts who lost to raith today and Dundee last week?

calumhibee1
23-01-2021, 07:51 PM
Hearts who lost to raith today and Dundee last week?

The one that beat us the last two times we played them. One on our own patch where they absolutely horsed us and the other in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Two much more relevant results to the posters points than their results against other teams.

Davy Mac
I don't know if he will be sacked on the back of this. But surely he must now be under pressure, that was unacceptable and it's a word I for one seem to be using a hell of a lot recently. This is a results based business and it's the ones in games that matter that save or lose a manager his job.

We are losing heavily to teams who are organised and up for it, teams who on paper are way short of the players we have at our disposal ... but those players and their manager are found woefully wanting when faced with the minimum you would want from an amatuer team, fight and organisation.

It would do his cause no harm if he looked a bit more enthusiastic and / or animated on the touchline, what the hell will it take for this guy to show some bloody passion FFS?

I watched Bill Belichick one of the best, most successful and most respected coaches in any sport famous for his dead pan approach absolutely lose the plot the other week after a coach had given him bad advice during a game with absolutely nothing but pride resting on it .... if it's good enough for him it's bloody well good enough for our seemingly passionless manager.

IMO he should be one crap result away from the tin tack and if he isn't then perhaps Ron Gordon was full of hot air about what he want's for this club after all :fuming:

Actually don't think he is that bothered about his job, he'll pick up another one. The Manager merry go round. Here is something to consider, would we have lossed tonight if we still had Lennon or Strachan. For me JR will not bring success to ER, getting Europe means diddly squat in the grand scheme of things, a Cup in the bag is what Hibs need to strive for and we've had 2 more golden opportunities within the last 3 months and blown both. JR not for me I'm afraid.

HIBERNIAN-0762
Perfect, with his absolute zero management experience, good shout 👍

He has his badges, but the happy clappers know best 👍

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Almost worse than wanting him out though I find myself just completely ambivalent about him. Instead of feeling that he should be sacked in the morning I somehow end up feeling a gigantic MEH about the whole thing. That's not a good sign.

That's how I've felt for a while.

pollution
23-01-2021, 07:52 PM
We'll beat Rangers next week !

Chorley Hibee
23-01-2021, 07:54 PM

Always a case of 'what if' and 'jam tomorrow' with Hibs.

Just win the games for a change!

ahibby
23-01-2021, 07:54 PM
Stay until we have better lined up.

hhibs
23-01-2021, 07:55 PM
It never does.

They’re ****ing quiet after a good result though

And for any big games when was that ??

Callum_62
23-01-2021, 07:55 PM
The one that beat us the last two times we played them. One on our own patch where they absolutely horsed us and the other in the Scottish Cup semi final.

Two much more relevant results to the posters points than their results against other teams.So they would be 4th? I bet kickback disagrees today

Scotty Leither
23-01-2021, 07:56 PM

Happy watching that second half were you?

He strikes me as another manager who thinks he's doing us a favour being here. I lost patience with him tonight, because the midfield that finished the game has played about 3 hours of football between them.

If you factor in the utterly bewildering signing of another midfield player in McGinn when we're crying out for another forward and a centre half to shore up that soft centre of ours, then that's on the manager.

I hear he lost the heid with a reporter who dared question him as well - first bit of passion he's displayed since he's been here then, and his team reflects him - dull, dour and clueless whenever we go behind.

hibeerealist
23-01-2021, 07:56 PM
Behave.

Others have noticed Budgie.

madhatter
23-01-2021, 07:57 PM
When does the BBC Sportsound podcast stuff normally go up? Really keen to hear his rant.

calumhibee1
23-01-2021, 07:57 PM
So they would be 4th? I bet kickback disagrees today

You can be sure as hell we wouldn’t be at the end of the season. 4 more big games for Ross to make an arse of? We’re definitely lucky they’re not around because you can almost guarantee we’d come off worse over the course of the season against them under Ross.

loanheadhibby
23-01-2021, 07:59 PM

Yogi & Collins dream team. Possibly Brown as coach.

Yogi permitted to start throwing punches in changing room after every defeat.

joe t
23-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Reaching semi finals isnt an achievement if we keep losing them. 4 semis since 2016 and we have lost every single one.

Agreed, but I would suspect reaching two semis and hibs finishing fourth and Europe (looking very likely - possibly third) represents Ross more than meeting targets for the club (and me).

For what it’s worth, a truer picture of Ross’s abilities will be clearer to me in 6 - 8 weeks time. Played today with a squad that had a few half baked midfielders- Cadden 50% fit, Murphy (permanently?)80%, Irvine 75%, McGennis 80%, Allan 75%. Add in Boyle off form, and situation where he couldn’t use Malian while trying to offload, and the result isn’t that surprising. I think we were always going to find this one difficult.

The big error on Ross’s part today was playing cadden from the off, who is still miles off it, and not starting doidge who would have been a big help in defending set pieces from a team who focus on their aerial threat.

Sir David Gray
23-01-2021, 08:01 PM
We'll beat Rangers next week !

I'll crack the jokes.

DIXIHIBS
23-01-2021, 08:01 PM
A problem Ross now has is convincing fans to buy seasons tickets again next year. He seems to have p!ssed off large part of our support. We were just getting over the hertz semi then boom...take another one. Win those two games and qe keep a huge feelgood factor but weve now lost that. Delending on the covid situation we could really toil to sell seasons in big numbers again.

Scotty Leither
23-01-2021, 08:05 PM
The big error on Ross’s part today was playing cadden from the off, who is still miles off it, and not starting doidge who would have been a big help in defending set pieces from a team who focus on their aerial threat.[/QUOTE]

Nailed it...We need nailed-on starters when we're signing players. I think we've moved on from signing utter dross like Rherras and Nelom, and we can probably afford to sign the likes of Magennis as one "for the future" and nurse his recovery along, but the boy Cadden never beat a man once in the 50 minutes he was on, nor passed the ball forward.

How can him and Mathie justify signing players who are patently not match-fit and sticking them straight into a semi-final?

mcfly
23-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Anyone defending jack Ross needs to have a rev think.

He doesn’t win big games.
Doesn’t inspire the fans.
Persists with that weak defence.

Disgusted again with that today. Losers

allmodcons
23-01-2021, 08:06 PM
Absolutely mental going for a change of Manager at this time.

Should defo stay until the end of the season and then see where we are at when we come through the ****storm that is coronavirus.

Hiber-nation
23-01-2021, 08:06 PM
Ross Co, Livi and St Johnstone in the past month - lost 3, scored 0 conceded 8. That is dreadful.

Santa Cruz
23-01-2021, 08:07 PM
He’s not going anywhere hopefully