PDA

View Full Version : Kamberi To Leave St Gallen

Keith_M
21-01-2021, 07:22 PM
...after only four months.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/florian-kamberi-could-leave-st-gallen-former-hibs-striker-linked-moves-england-and-germany-3106936

Doesn't seem to have worked out for him

kaimendhibs
21-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Shame https://media1.giphy.com/media/Q8OUkGavSUOVS5MA0M/giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd70c8wc4rzf2dq65oxipg1ib789hy7 r6tcmnjhm6ii&rid=giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2021, 07:40 PM
that'll be neil lennons fault, i'm sure of it

Viva_Palmeiras
21-01-2021, 07:47 PM
Pile on ;)

21-01-2021, 07:48 PM
His loan spell with us could well end up being the peak of his career.

hibbysam
21-01-2021, 08:03 PM
I’d rather he done very well for himself and we made money. It’s of no benefit to us him falling into football wilderness or going on loan.

Wakeyhibee
21-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Was looking at how he was doing the other night. Looks like he's had a run mainly from the bench and not done much. His record looks bad on wikipedia but his only run of games was with us and that's over a year ago he was regular in any side.

EI255
21-01-2021, 08:35 PM
He's nowhere near good enough to play in Bundesliga 2 with Bochum.

That team and that league are very, very good. If he can't get a game for a backyard Swiss outfit he's no chance in Germany.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
21-01-2021, 08:39 PM

That team and that league are very, very good. If he can't get a game for a backyard Swiss outfit he's no chance in Germany.

Kamberi may be an erse but he’s a good player when he’s in the mood. If David Bates can play for Hamburg in Bundesliga 2 then Kamberi can play for Bochum.

Smartie
21-01-2021, 08:42 PM

He's more than good enough, but only once every six weeks or so.

I actually think he's more likely to be in the mood more often playing for a bigger club in a bigger league alongside good players. He just doesn't seem interested when he thinks that he's surrounded by players, at clubs, that are beneath him.

CMurdoch
21-01-2021, 09:12 PM
Ahh the Evening News has been cutting and pasting again

CloudSquall
21-01-2021, 10:26 PM
It would be especially pleasing to see him swap St Gallen and the delights of Switzerland for one of the various ****holes represented in the English Championship.

I'm not bitter by the way :greengrin

Just_Jimmy
22-01-2021, 02:32 AM
It would be especially pleasing to see him swap St Gallen and the delights of Switzerland for one of the various ****holes represented in the English Championship.

I'm not bitter by the way :greengrinand probably triple his wages? nah, not for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Since452
22-01-2021, 03:09 AM

I'm not bitter by the way :greengrin

League one more his level

Forza Fred
22-01-2021, 03:12 AM
League one more his level

He could replace Jason Cummings at Shrewsbury.

He’s struggling to get ang game time.

Keith_M
22-01-2021, 07:34 AM
He's more than good enough, but only once every six weeks or so.

I actually think he's more likely to be in the mood more often playing for a bigger club in a bigger league alongside good players. He just doesn't seem interested when he thinks that he's surrounded by players, at clubs, that are beneath him.

So why did he sign for St Gallen then?

:confused:

HH81
22-01-2021, 07:36 AM

To get away from Hibs most likely. He was never going to play again for the club.

He is a clown.

bigwheel
22-01-2021, 07:36 AM

Because Rangers didn’t want him ?

Keith_M
22-01-2021, 07:40 AM
To get away from Hibs most likely. He was never going to play again for the club.

He is a clown.

Because Rangers didn’t want him ?

Fair points.

neil7908
22-01-2021, 08:13 AM
Anyone fancy another option up front? 😂😂😂😂

Greenbeard
22-01-2021, 09:13 AM
I’d rather he done very well for himself and we made money. It’s of no benefit to us him falling into football wilderness or going on loan.
Nah. Him doing well and moving up in the football world would reflect very badly on Hibs and effectively condone his poor attitude and desire to get away from us. He'd then be giving us a massive two fingers. But it ain't gonna happen and the football wilderness beckons. He's the worst of the worst Huns. May he spiral deeper and deeper into the dark abyss.

Jones28
22-01-2021, 09:20 AM

So what's the benefit of him doing well? Poor attitude leads to rewards? Falling out with managers is a positive thing for career progression? Hibs are there to get your career on track and then you can **** them over when you want out?

Magpie
22-01-2021, 09:20 AM
that'll be neil lennons fault, i'm sure of it

😂

Since452
22-01-2021, 10:01 AM
Always thought that for the speed his legs moved at he should have travelled faster. Strange. He was like a slow Ronaldo.

oneone73
22-01-2021, 10:02 AM
Always thought that for the speed his legs moved at he should have travelled faster. Strange. He was like a slow Ronaldo.

So am I. Very, very slow, mind.

Craig_HFC
22-01-2021, 10:03 AM
So what's the benefit of him doing well? Poor attitude leads to rewards? Falling out with managers is a positive thing for career progression? Hibs are there to get your career on track and then you can **** them over when you want out?

Because we have a sell-on fee.

The Modfather
22-01-2021, 10:38 AM
I get that I’m in the minority, but on the right deal (IE not a big wage and no fee etc) I’d take another chance on him. He has talent and maybe some TLC from Ross might unlock that inconsistent ability he has. I do concede there’s plenty of safer and less hassle alternatives out there though.

JohnM1875
22-01-2021, 10:41 AM
I get that I’m in the minority, but on the right deal (IE not a big wage and no fee etc) I’d take another chance on him. He has talent and maybe some TLC from Ross might unlock that inconsistent ability he has. I do concede there’s plenty of safer and less hassle alternatives out there though.

You're not alone there. Aye he made some daft comments when he was on loan at The Rangers, and folk were/are rightly annoyed about that. But a fit and firing Flo Kamberi is a great player to have. His loan spell then the start of his actual contracted spell here he was a joy to watch.

It's the firing bit that might be an issue now, mind you.

SChibs
22-01-2021, 10:50 AM
Made a couple of daft comments but who hasn't said something they later regret? Hopefully we doesnt end up in the same vein as Doherty where hes still brought up almost a decade later for some throwaway comment. Both should have known better to not say things how they did but on the flip side the fans should really be able to get over it and not take everything footballers say seriously.

WhileTheChief..
22-01-2021, 10:52 AM
Played the best football of his career under Lennon.

Maybe should have paid attention to what he was being told back them instead of going in a huff.

The Modfather
22-01-2021, 11:01 AM
Played the best football of his career under Lennon.

Maybe should have paid attention to what he was being told back them instead of going in a huff.

Maybe Lennon’s message to Kamberi would have been more effective if Lennon wasn’t going in the huff himself, threatening to quit, questions the club matching his ambition and going AWOL from media duties etc. Having a needless dig can work both ways.

Jones28
22-01-2021, 11:02 AM
Because we have a sell-on fee.

Do we?

Smashing, I wish him all the best :aok::greengrin

Craig_HFC
22-01-2021, 11:05 AM
Do we?

Smashing, I wish him all the best :aok::greengrin

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210122/28b25907410e94721b659c48e80d735e.jpg

Diclonius
22-01-2021, 11:06 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/928/806/b47.jpg

Seveno
22-01-2021, 12:07 PM
I don’t understand why some people are so keen on sticking the knife into someone who used to play for the club taking no account of his age and being away from home. He gets accused of acting in a childish manners but that accusation can easily be turned against some of his continuing detractors on here.

My advice - grow up and let it be.

A Hi-Bee
22-01-2021, 12:14 PM
I don’t understand why some people are so keen on sticking the knife into someone who used to play for the club taking no account of his age and being away from home. He gets accused of acting in a childish manners but that accusation can easily be turned against some of his continuing detractors on here.

Well said, and if our club can get some much needed cash in from him getting a better move then bring it on.
:thumbsup:

Jim44
22-01-2021, 12:14 PM

I agree that continual slagging off of Kamberi is a bit OTT but it’s difficult to ignore his acrimonious departure from Hibs. My erstwhile bitterness has been replaced by gross indifference.

Phil MaGlass
22-01-2021, 12:18 PM

The way he left us to the huns is why folk stick the knife into him. **** him and the horse he rode in on.

.Sean.
22-01-2021, 12:43 PM
Going to need to disagree with you for once Sam mate. I hope he floats around from pish club to even pisher club like the nondescript journeyman he deserves to be, the absolute ****

Onion
22-01-2021, 12:54 PM

Can think of two reasons; firstly, he's obviously a talented player but his attitude and application stinks. Players who appear to waste their talent are most likely to be criticised by their own fans. Secondly, compound that with his naive or bitter comments when he joined Sevco (on loan !). He wrote off his Hibs career in that moment and was incredibly disrespectful to the club and us as fans. Overall, he's a idiot with terrible values.

Bright_Hibee
22-01-2021, 03:12 PM
He's a rat that disrespected Hibs. I hope he sees even less time on the park at his next club.

Keith_M
22-01-2021, 03:14 PM
I'll be absolutely delighted if it turns out that we do get a percentage of any fee paid by Bochum.

hibbysam
22-01-2021, 03:15 PM

He’s no longer a Hibs player, what he does now makes no difference to us, other than the fact we can make money off a potential move which benefits us massively. He’s already gone, I’m confused as to how him failing going forward somehow means future players will treat us better.

hibbysam
22-01-2021, 03:16 PM
Going to need to disagree with you for once Sam mate. I hope he floats around from pish club to even pisher club like the nondescript journeyman he deserves to be, the absolute ****

He can do that after he’s moved and made us money. His attitude won’t change, he’ll fall out with that club and won’t play. Seen it before and it’ll happen in the future tae.

Stonewall
22-01-2021, 05:50 PM
Who?

EI255
22-01-2021, 07:12 PM
He simply won't get away with one good game in 6 or whatever. That's my point. He simply isn't good enough to play in the top half of B2. Good luck, don't get me wrong, but we all know he isn't that standard. I've watched Bochum several times and they are a very good outift. Premadonnas they don't do. I'd have thought Bundesliga 3 might be his level.

hibee-boys
22-01-2021, 07:24 PM
No interest in having him back but not based on what he said when he signed for Rangers, his stinking attitude when he was with us sealed it for me. Probably in the minority but never found what he said that offensive. An overseas player comes to play in Scotland and wants to play for one of the 2 Scottish clubs that most overseas players have ever heard off, shock horror......sensitive lot us football fans.

WeeRussell
22-01-2021, 08:34 PM
Another one in the Matt Docherty category for me that, while didn’t cover himself in glory, I find myself wondering why everyone holds such a big grudge against.

Apart from an ill-advised choice of words in a in interview in a language that isn’t his strongest, and rumours about his attitude circling round a manager we know to be a slavering head case... I just can’t bring myself to hate the boy.

Purely my opinion though and I do seem to be very much in the minority.

I also remember some of these sorts of comments above (and from some of the same posters) about a certain Scott Allan not so long ago.

Baldy Foghorn
22-01-2021, 09:21 PM

A player who brought most of it on himself, saying in his 2nd Hibs match (IIRC), that he knew he wanted to play in Govan. Silly boy

Jones28
22-01-2021, 10:19 PM
He’s no longer a Hibs player, what he does now makes no difference to us, other than the fact we can make money off a potential move which benefits us massively. He’s already gone, I’m confused as to how him failing going forward somehow means future players will treat us better.

Well let’s look at it this way. Kamberi’s attitude and actions were an attempt to engineer a move to a bigger club to the detriment of Hibs, agreed surely? He wanted to go to Rangers who were our direct competition at the time. So he went, he wore the red white and blue, made silly comments in the media, came back to Hibs and was swiftly shunted on. He goes to some team I’ve never heard of - my ignorance the most likely reason - and is now, as we speak, sliding in to obscurity and footballing wilderness.

Take someone like John McGinn, who is our biggest successful transfer since Scott Brown. Kept his head down despite it being well known other clubs were interested, still worked his socks off during our European campaign and ultimately got a move to a massive club who are now in one of the top five leagues in Europe.

Compare and contrast the two, then put yourselves in the shoes of an ambitious and talented young player who would look at the two examples and think Hibs might be a good place to go to springboard my career, but on their terms, not mine.

Stanton Spence
22-01-2021, 10:40 PM
Well let’s look at it this way. Kamberi’s attitude and actions were an attempt to engineer a move to a bigger club to the detriment of Hibs, agreed surely? He wanted to go to Rangers who were our direct competition at the time. So he went, he wore the red white and blue, made silly comments in the media, came back to Hibs and was swiftly shunted on. He goes to some team I’ve never heard of - my ignorance the most likely reason - and is now, as we speak, sliding in to obscurity and footballing wilderness.

Take someone like John McGinn, who is our biggest successful transfer since Scott Brown. Kept his head down despite it being well known other clubs were interested, still worked his socks off during our European campaign and ultimately got a move to a massive club who are now in one of the top five leagues in Europe.

Compare and contrast the two, then put yourselves in the shoes of an ambitious and talented young player who would look at the two examples and think Hibs might be a good place to go to springboard my career, but on their terms, not mine.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Jones28
22-01-2021, 10:42 PM
At what point was kamberi being detremntal to hibs in trying to engineer a move to the huns? If hibs really wanted to keep him then we would have told the huns to bolt when they wanted to take him on loan. As soon as we agreed to let him go there then his hibs career was over and done with simple as that. Hibs wanted shot of him for obvious reasons ie his attitude. I've got nae time for him but not down to the whole rangers are the only team I wanted to play for etc etc. Florian kamberi days at hibs were long gone before anyone even knew that he would end up at ibrox on loan

Your first sentence answers your own question ffs 😂

Stanton Spence
22-01-2021, 10:55 PM
Your first sentence answers your own question ffs [emoji23]What I was trying to say was that the relationship was done and dusted and he was never coming back to hibs long before we agreed to loan him to the huns. We tried to punt him and rightly so and he probably couldn't believe his luck that he was going to the rangers. What he said wasn't detremntal to hibs, he was definitely disrespectful but detremntal?? I didn't notice any harm he caused the club

hibbysam
22-01-2021, 11:16 PM

I don’t disagree with any of that, however Hibs got rid of him and rightly so. That shows players we won’t be messed about. His next move isn’t going to change that though. If he goes on and makes us money now, that isn’t going to influence a young player at Hibs. Do you honestly believe if he gets a decent move after being punted by Hibs, that’s going to somehow influence someone coming into Hibs to act like a prat to end up at St Gallen and Bundesliga II, rather than dig in and move down south? No chance.

NAE NOOKIE
23-01-2021, 01:08 AM
I agree that continual slagging off of Kamberi is a bit OTT but it’s difficult to ignore his acrimonious departure from Hibs. My erstwhile bitterness has been replaced by gross indifference.

:agree:

Keith_M
23-01-2021, 09:28 AM
Part of me is now wondering if starting this thread was such a good idea. :wink:

It was purely because I was surprised the move had failed after only four/five months.

I think that if he can't make it at St Gallen, then a club currently challenging near the top of Bundesliga II must be way above his level.

Jones28
23-01-2021, 09:32 AM
What I was trying to say was that the relationship was done and dusted and he was never coming back to hibs long before we agreed to loan him to the huns. We tried to punt him and rightly so and he probably couldn't believe his luck that he was going to the rangers. What he said wasn't detremntal to hibs, he was definitely disrespectful but detremntal?? I didn't notice any harm he caused the club

It was detrimental in my opinion because he went from us to one of our rivals, making them stronger and us weaker.

04Sauzee
23-01-2021, 09:34 AM
It was detrimental in my opinion because he went from us to one of our rivals, making them stronger and us weaker.

Thought we looked stronger with Docherty in the team than Kamberi tbh. Thought we got the better deal.

hibsbollah
23-01-2021, 09:38 AM
I’d have him back.

Could do a job in the much undervalued pantomime villain role.

Jones28
23-01-2021, 09:40 AM
I don’t disagree with any of that, however Hibs got rid of him and rightly so. That shows players we won’t be messed about. His next move isn’t going to change that though. If he goes on and makes us money now, that isn’t going to influence a young player at Hibs. Do you honestly believe if he gets a decent move after being punted by Hibs, that’s going to somehow influence someone coming into Hibs to act like a prat to end up at St Gallen and Bundesliga II, rather than dig in and move down south? No chance.

It’s all about perception and what someone thinks they could get away with at a club. It’s just an opinion and mines is that Kamberi being a prick, getting shunted on by the club and then fading to obscurity is better for Hibs than him being a prick and moving on to bigger and better things.

John McGinn behaving like a model pro and getting the move he did shows that if you knuckle down at Hibs we are a great club to be at to progress your career, which I think would have been part of the sales pitch to guys like Nisbet.

Greenbeard
23-01-2021, 09:49 AM
I’d have him back.

Could do a job in the much undervalued pantomime villain role.
Easter Road Return To Play Cognitive Tests:
Q.1 What day of the week is it?
Q.2 What day of the week is it in two days time?
Q.3 Count backwards from 100.
Q.4 Would you have Flo Kamberi back at Hibs?

hibbysam
23-01-2021, 09:49 AM
It’s all about perception and what someone thinks they could get away with at a club. It’s just an opinion and mines is that Kamberi being a prick, getting shunted on by the club and then fading to obscurity is better for Hibs than him being a prick and moving on to bigger and better things.

John McGinn behaving like a model pro and getting the move he did shows that if you knuckle down at Hibs we are a great club to be at to progress your career, which I think would have been part of the sales pitch to guys like Nisbet.

The ‘John McGinn sales pitch’ is still there regardless of what happens with Kamberi now. The only thing that benefits Hibs is money, Kamberi can still make Hibs money so I’d like him to get a move which does so. What happens to him before or after that move is irrelevant to me.

Rumble de Thump
23-01-2021, 10:12 AM
Kamberi was constantly being thrown under the bus publicly by his boss. I wasn't surprised at all that he was desperate to get away from that.

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Kamberi was constantly being thrown under the bus publicly by his boss. I wasn't surprised at all that he was desperate to get away from that.

Majority of the time he was like a diva and being petulant.

SaulGoodman
23-01-2021, 01:47 PM
Easter Road Return To Play Cognitive Tests:
Q.1 What day of the week is it?
Q.2 What day of the week is it in two days time?
Q.3 Count backwards from 100.
Q.4 Would you have Flo Kamberi back at Hibs?

1. Tuesday
2. Thurdnesday
3. 001 morf sdrawkcab
4.Yes

basehibby
23-01-2021, 01:55 PM
I stuck up for Kamberi when he was at Hibs and had lean spells, but his conduct on moving to the huns was despicable. He burnt all his bridges and showed massive disrespect - so he can GTF with no good wishes at all. Could not give a flying one about sell on fees - hope his next ***** is a hedgehog and it makes his erse most uncomfortable as it warms the bench of some obscure non-entity in a distant lower league at the back of beyond.

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2021, 02:02 PM
I stuck up for Kamberi when he was at Hibs and had lean spells, but his conduct on moving to the huns was despicable. He burnt all his bridges and showed massive disrespect - so he can GTF with no good wishes at all. Could not give a flying one about sell on fees - hope his next ***** is a hedgehog and it makes his erse most uncomfortable as it warms the bench of some obscure non-entity in a distant lower league at the back of beyond.

You over it then?:greengrin

Smartie
23-01-2021, 02:09 PM
He’s got a few failed moves on his cv now.

There comes a time where you have to accept that he’s just not that good. Lots goes into being a successful player over and above talent, of which he has plenty.

A short purple patch on loan with us punctuates a lot of mediocrity.

We’re not getting money for him and we don’t deserve any.

Good loan spell though.

Greenbeard
23-01-2021, 02:18 PM
1. Tuesday
2. Thurdnesday
3. 001 morf sdrawkcab
4.Yes
Sorry Saul. You have failed. I'll have to stand you down from Hibs.net for seven days.

Rumble de Thump
23-01-2021, 02:20 PM
Majority of the time he was like a diva and being petulant.

Who told you that?

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Who told you that?

I saw it. How many times was he thrown under a bus by NL? Met FK a few times, wasn't impressed with him

Rumble de Thump
23-01-2021, 02:28 PM
What did you see him do that was petulant and diva-like? He was thrown under the bus during numerous post-match interviews.

stoneyburn hibs
23-01-2021, 02:29 PM
Who told you that?

I can provide you with an answer.

A player at Hibs told me that from the very beginning of his Hibs career he was giving it Billy big baws.
Not really headlining stuff because we all thought as much.

Baldy Foghorn
23-01-2021, 02:31 PM
What did you see him do that was petulant and diva-like? He was thrown under the bus during numerous post-match interviews.

Not numerous, I'd say a couple at best. Things came to a head when NL named him for criticism. He used to flail arms around when the ball never arrived to him, and liked the ball to his feet. Not a great work ethic

WestCoastHibby
23-01-2021, 04:15 PM
I have as little concern for Kamberi as I do for Heckingbottom...

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 04:50 PM
He's a rat that disrespected Hibs. I hope he sees even less time on the park at his next club.

The man that put rat in irate right?

The Modfather
05-03-2021, 05:34 PM
You can’t beat dredging up an old thread to continue a petty argument from another thread 😀