PDA

View Full Version : Famous names on the HSL strip

Scott Allan Key
20-01-2021, 10:05 PM
I'm fairly longsighted and found my own name with great difficulty once on strip, upper left on back, but right next to Leeann Dempster.

Has any eagle-eyed Hibs net purveyor found other famous names, footballers, celebrities or other on the strip?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Lancs Harp
20-01-2021, 10:10 PM
I think a few members of staff and players are on it. Lewis Stevenson and Leeann Dempster I remember seeing looking for my own name.

oneone73
20-01-2021, 10:13 PM
French President Emmanuel Macron. Curiously, he only signed up with his surname.

hibby6270
20-01-2021, 10:16 PM
I'm fairly longsighted and found my own name with great difficulty once on strip, upper left on back, but right next to Leeann Dempster.

Has any eagle-eyed Hibs net purveyor found other famous names, footballers, celebrities or other on the strip?

You mean apart from my good self of course?:greengrin

There is, from memory:-

John Leslie
Tony Higgins
Charlie Reid
Stuart Pendreich (not famous but I went to school with him!!)

Oh - and not forgetting - hibs.net

Scott Allan Key
21-01-2021, 01:27 AM

John Leslie
Tony Higgins
Charlie Reid

Oh - and not forgetting - hibs.netI found my brother, right next to one of our mutual friends. I didn't even know my brother did HSL.

When Hibs are playing in yellow I always say to my kids, 'Look! They've got daddy's name on their backs.

I wonder if they'll use the kit for length of our Macron contract due to the unique nature of the strip and HSL's permanence. Maybe any new supplier could make use of HSL contributors.

Someday, I'd like to see a statue in front of a stand celebrating our cup win and putting the names of supporters on too. There'll always be new HSL contributors meeting the threshold who missed out on this year's 3rd kit.

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2021, 07:20 AM

John Leslie
Tony Higgins
Charlie Reid

Oh - and not forgetting - hibs.net

If you went to school with Pendy, you went to school with me an aw. So add me to that list 😁

Jack
21-01-2021, 07:23 AM
If you went to school with Pendy, you went to school with me an aw. So add me to that list 😁

I played football with him for years.

If its the same one!

happiehibbie
21-01-2021, 07:28 AM
I found my name a few times ! but was glad to find it under the badge.

Its one hell of a word search game :)

What are you doing with the top. will you wear it ? or frame it ?

Pagan Hibernia
21-01-2021, 07:39 AM

im quite thin and I bought the large but it’s far far too tight to wear. Can barely get my head into it. It’s going in a frame

Bristolhibby
21-01-2021, 07:44 AM
I found my cousin and uncle.

Swapped the shirt for a bigger one, now can’t find them.

Might get one of the kids to help out.

J

nonshinyfinish
21-01-2021, 09:47 AM
I'm a few centimetres away from Rod.

hibby6270
21-01-2021, 01:01 PM

I played football with him for years.

If its the same one!

Haven’t seen him for years. He lived Northfield/Mountcastle way. Became a journalist and I believe worked for The Scotsman - if that rings any bells?

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2021, 01:03 PM
Haven’t seen him for years. He lived Northfield/Mountcastle way. Became a journalist and I believe worked for The Scotsman - if that rings any bells?

You're getting your Pendy's mixed up :)

Pendreich stayed at Mountcastle. He's the Hibby.

Pendreigh became a journalist, and has been on every TV quiz ever.

Liam6270
21-01-2021, 01:07 PM
I think I saw our Prime Minister’s name on there too, not Boris just Johnson

Scott Allan Key
21-01-2021, 04:17 PM

What are you doing with the top. will you wear it ? or frame it ?I'll likely frame it with the back facing, I have my first name above the number 11. That's the number I wore, as I was an Ivan Sproule on a motorbike type winger when I played.

Jack
21-01-2021, 05:25 PM

I'm petty sure mine worked in the Council, Housing.

hibby6270
21-01-2021, 07:03 PM
I'm petty sure mine worked in the Council, Housing.

Thanks Jack. You could well be right.
I PM’d CWG and have now established that all 4 of us were in fact in the same year at the same school. Small world as they say.
You’ll be telling me next that you went to that school as well! :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2021, 07:22 PM
I PM’d CWG and have now established that all 4 of us were in fact in the same year at the same school. Small world as they say.

There was a thread years ago where we established a lot of us endured the same teachers. It was cathartic 😆

Bangkok Hibby
21-01-2021, 07:49 PM

Mine was always going to be framed. Chuffed to find my name pretty central.

Jack
21-01-2021, 09:05 PM

I'm not sure about the school you guys went to, I think you may be referring to the Royal High. I went to The Academy ... Leith Academy! But I lived in the RH area, Davidsons Mains, so thats maybe the link where I might come in.

Jack
Age 63.

hibby6270
22-01-2021, 04:17 PM
I'm not sure about the school you guys went to, I think you may be referring to the Royal High. I went to The Academy ... Leith Academy! But I lived in the RH area, Davidsons Mains, so thats maybe the link where I might come in.

Jack
Age 63.

Your assumption is correct.
I also went to The Academy (Primary as it was back then) and then on to RHS. Going by your age you would probably have been in the year above me, if you too were at Leith Academy Primary?