PDA

View Full Version : David Tanner

gbhibby
19-01-2021, 12:49 PM
Interesting article in the sun. He will no be welcome at Parkhead.

Sylar
19-01-2021, 12:50 PM

For those of us that wouldn't use the S*n as toilet paper, what has he done/said?

Peevemor
19-01-2021, 12:53 PM

If you believe this place he's hardly welcome at Easter Road either.

gbhibby
19-01-2021, 12:58 PM
For those of us that wouldn't use the S*n as toilet paper, what has he done/said?
Don't know how to post the link on my phone maybe somebody could post it.

Winston Ingram
19-01-2021, 01:04 PM
He was brilliant on Talksport yesterday

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6554056/lennon-tirade-whataboutery-knuckle-draggers-tanner-hibs-eight/

gbhibby
19-01-2021, 01:07 PM

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6554056/lennon-tirade-whataboutery-knuckle-draggers-tanner-hibs-eight/
Thanks Winston.

Sylar
19-01-2021, 01:08 PM
Don't see anything wrong with what he says TBH. I agree with pretty much all of that!

Peevemor

DAVID TANNER claims Celtic asked Hibs EIGHT times to move their January fixture to allow them to jet to Dubai - and says Neil Lennon's press conference tirade was the kind of "whataboutery he expects from knuckle draggers on Twitter".

TalkSPORT'S Scottish football correspondent, who works for Hibs TV on match days, claimed that "41 other Scottish clubs" are LAUGHING at Lennon's claims that the Parkhead club is being bullied.

And he mounted a defence of pundit Andy Walker - who Lennon insisted owes him an apology for saying that the club's stars were on a "jolly" out in UAE.

Tanner said: "The whole thing has been entirely of Celtic's making and now they are lashing out in an attempt to divert attention away from themselves.

"That is the kind of whataboutery I expect from knuckle draggers on Twitter.

"Bear in mind they were supposed to play last Saturday against Hibernian. but the game was moved to Monday.

"They rode roughshod over due process, Celtic, because they asked Hibernian EIGHT times to move that game to Monday night so they could go to Dubai.

"Eight times Hibernian said no. So Celtic went to the SPFL, who invoked a rule that many hadn't heard of.

"They should have heard of it in fairness, but they hadn't heard of it, and they moved the game.

"Now Hibernian were furious about that. That right away was a disaster area, but they [Celtic] lost at Ibrox.

"Neil Lennon said they were the better team. But try telling that to the guy who engraves the trophy at the end of the season. "

Tanner added: "It is the last refuge of a club in crisis. Lashing out at pundits, questioning Andy Walker's Celtic credentials is a joke by the way.

"He is one of the biggest Celtic fans I know, he is one of the fairest pundits I know. Neil said he hasn't achieved anything at the club.

"He won the centernary double against Graeme Souness' Rangers, a far superior team.

"He had two stints at the club as a player and has been a supporter since the day he was born so I am not having that at all.

"For the club to claim it has been bullied, that will have 41 other SPFL clubs laughing ironically and I know that it has. To use a word Neil would use, it is crass.

"This is a mess which is entirely created by Celtic, inlcuding having a drink outside.

"I have been on Scotland, Rangers and Celtic trips where I have had beers with the managers and a cup of tea with the manager and it has been done in a private room, not by a poolside, not in a public bar and not in an era where there are cameras in every phone.

"Now he is right about Margaret Ferrier, who is the SNP MP who got a positive test but jumped on a train and went from London to Glasgow.

"He is right the Scotland team shouldn't have done a conga, that was in November, mind you, which was a very different situation from New Year's Day when Celtic got their passport out.

"The whataboutery thing doesn't work for me. All of this is Celtic's fault."

Peevemor
Don't see anything wrong with what he says TBH. I agree with pretty much all of that!

The soapdodgers will be beelin' though.

Irish_Steve
19-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Excellent article

gbhibby
19-01-2021, 01:17 PM
Tanner must stay

JimBHibees
19-01-2021, 01:25 PM
Tanner must stay

:greengrin always liked him good article. Someone had to say it.

JimBHibees
19-01-2021, 01:26 PM

Agree totally :agree:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2021, 01:35 PM
Refreshing to see a thread where he’s not getting “pummelled” ;)

Greenio
19-01-2021, 01:56 PM
Ha! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Nailed it I reckon.

8 times?? What are they on?

Jones28
19-01-2021, 01:58 PM
Well said DT.

weecounty hibby
19-01-2021, 01:59 PM
He's alright. Definitely gone up a bit in my estimation after that. Interesting to see how many others back him up after Lennon making threats about Walker not being allowed access to players

Golden Bear
19-01-2021, 02:03 PM
First class Mr Tanner. 👍

Craig_HFC
19-01-2021, 02:04 PM
Clearly he should stick to writing columns and just leave HibsTV.

BlackSheep
19-01-2021, 02:07 PM

Don't think many are welcome at Parkhead these days :)

Peevemor
19-01-2021, 02:13 PM
Clearly he should stick to writing columns and just leave HibsTV.

I think the Sun are reporting what he said on Talk Sport.

Is It On....
19-01-2021, 03:10 PM
DAVID TANNER claims Celtic asked Hibs EIGHT times to move their January fixture to allow them to jet to Dubai - and says Neil Lennon's press conference tirade was the kind of "whataboutery he expects from knuckle draggers on Twitter".

TalkSPORT'S Scottish football correspondent, who works for Hibs TV on match days, claimed that "41 other Scottish clubs" are LAUGHING at Lennon's claims that the Parkhead club is being bullied.

And he mounted a defence of pundit Andy Walker - who Lennon insisted owes him an apology for saying that the club's stars were on a "jolly" out in UAE.

Tanner said: "The whole thing has been entirely of Celtic's making and now they are lashing out in an attempt to divert attention away from themselves.

"That is the kind of whataboutery I expect from knuckle draggers on Twitter.

"Bear in mind they were supposed to play last Saturday against Hibernian. but the game was moved to Monday.

"They rode roughshod over due process, Celtic, because they asked Hibernian EIGHT times to move that game to Monday night so they could go to Dubai.

"Eight times Hibernian said no. So Celtic went to the SPFL, who invoked a rule that many hadn't heard of.

"They should have heard of it in fairness, but they hadn't heard of it, and they moved the game.

"Now Hibernian were furious about that. That right away was a disaster area, but they [Celtic] lost at Ibrox.

"Neil Lennon said they were the better team. But try telling that to the guy who engraves the trophy at the end of the season. "

Tanner added: "It is the last refuge of a club in crisis. Lashing out at pundits, questioning Andy Walker's Celtic credentials is a joke by the way.

"He is one of the biggest Celtic fans I know, he is one of the fairest pundits I know. Neil said he hasn't achieved anything at the club.

"He won the centernary double against Graeme Souness' Rangers, a far superior team.

"He had two stints at the club as a player and has been a supporter since the day he was born so I am not having that at all.

"For the club to claim it has been bullied, that will have 41 other SPFL clubs laughing ironically and I know that it has. To use a word Neil would use, it is crass.

"This is a mess which is entirely created by Celtic, inlcuding having a drink outside.

"I have been on Scotland, Rangers and Celtic trips where I have had beers with the managers and a cup of tea with the manager and it has been done in a private room, not by a poolside, not in a public bar and not in an era where there are cameras in every phone.

"Now he is right about Margaret Ferrier, who is the SNP MP who got a positive test but jumped on a train and went from London to Glasgow.

"He is right the Scotland team shouldn't have done a conga, that was in November, mind you, which was a very different situation from New Year's Day when Celtic got their passport out.

"The whataboutery thing doesn't work for me. All of this is Celtic's fault."

"Neil Lennon said they were the better team. But try telling that to the guy who engraves the trophy at the end of the season. " Ouch 😂

Bostonhibby
19-01-2021, 03:18 PM
Is it too late to nominate our David as Scottish football personality of the year?

Cannae see Gerrard getting it despite the season they've had as it would seem to require a personality [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

RoYO!
19-01-2021, 03:24 PM
Excellent work Tanner! Can you imagine the seethe!?

Peevemor
19-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Is it too late to nominate our David as Scottish football personality of the year?

Cannae see Gerrard getting it despite the season they've had as it would seem to require a personality [emoji6]

Didn't stop Stephen Hendry winning it.

Monts
19-01-2021, 03:28 PM
Is he a rangers fan?

silverhibee
19-01-2021, 03:36 PM
Great stuff from DT, would be even better if he is airing it on Hibs behalf, take hibs tv wont be welcome at darkheid anymore.

vuefrom1875
19-01-2021, 03:50 PM
Is he a rangers fan?

Yes.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2021, 03:53 PM
Didn't stop Stephen Hendry winning it.Aye but the other candidates were a wheelbarrow and a lamppost.

whiskyhibby
19-01-2021, 04:06 PM
:greengrin always liked him good article. Someone had to say it.

Spot on !

erin go bragh
19-01-2021, 04:13 PM
Ha! Wasn't expecting that at all!

Nailed it I reckon.

8 times?? What are they on?

Another twice and they would have had their 10 in a row :)
I’ll get my coat 😁

Craig_HFC
19-01-2021, 04:23 PM
I think the Sun are reporting what he said on Talk Sport.

Fair enough. Better just leave HibsTV to be safe anyway.

Peevemor
19-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Aye but the other candidates were a wheelbarrow and a lamppost.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using TapatalkI still think it was fixed.

Bostonhibby
19-01-2021, 04:37 PM
I still think it was fixed.Yep, just edged it at the interview stage.

TheSouthMoroccan
19-01-2021, 04:57 PM
If you believe this place he's hardly welcome at Easter Road either.

Now now, we just said he was a Cheese Merchant, which no one can deny :wink:

basehibby
20-01-2021, 12:45 PM
Great article and bang on the money.

It's incredible that Celtic asked Hibs to move their fixture EIGHT times and were KB'd 8 times, but absolutely astonishing that the SPFL then invoked some obscure rule to effectively mandate it. You have to wonder what planet these people live on if they think that is in any way fair or reasonable - and that's WITHOUT taking the Corona factor into consideration.

I have been something of a lockdown skeptic - believing that many of the measures imposed are knee jerk and damaging to individuals and society, with the cure likely to be worse than the illness itself. But even from that standpoint it's obvious that Celtic should not have been going anywhere this January. We, the public, just about need a permit to tie our own shoelaces, never mind flying to Dubai for a jolly. No other teams did a trip and the arrogance of Celtic in planning and going ahead with it despite the situation changing for the worse is almost as stunning as the acquiescence of the SPFL who actively enabled them rather than put a stop on it.

Celtic and the SPFL have endangered the continuance of football in Scotland by their actions and heads should roll at both organisations.

NB - Note to David Tanner - please try being as engaged and cerebral when hosting HibsTV - like try a different opening gambit from "Well all going to plan then ..." when we're trailing a goal at home to Ross County!

Carheenlea
21-01-2021, 08:19 AM
Tanner in

worcesterhibby
21-01-2021, 09:45 AM
next time we are due to play Celtic, I Really, Really want us to ask for the match to be moved, because we want to spend a few days in Portobello on a training camp.

McD
21-01-2021, 08:02 PM
next time we are due to play Celtic, I Really, Really want us to ask for the match to be moved, because we want to spend a few days in Portobello on a training camp.

Spfl have opened themselves up to this happening, not necessarily with us, by allowing this rule has invoking it.

from memory at the time the official word was that in the event of 2 clubs in disagreement about moving a match, preference is given to the home team. So what happens in the future when the home club has a key player or 2 a few days from fitness, or a few days from ending a self isolation period, and requests to change the day of the match?

if a team is struggling at the bottom, or a manager is under a lot of pressure, they’ll try to find every advantage that they can, understandably, seems like a can of worms has been opened

Peevemor
21-01-2021, 08:13 PM
Spfl have opened themselves up to this happening, not necessarily with us, by allowing this rule has invoking it.

from memory at the time the official word was that in the event of 2 clubs in disagreement about moving a match, preference is given to the home team. So what happens in the future when the home club has a key player or 2 a few days from fitness, or a few days from ending a self isolation period, and requests to change the day of the match?

if a team is struggling at the bottom, or a manager is under a lot of pressure, they’ll try to find every advantage that they can, understandably, seems like a can of worms has been openedI doubt it can be done just a few days before the match.

Eyrie
21-01-2021, 10:21 PM

if a team is struggling at the bottom, or a manager is under a lot of pressure, they’ll try to find every advantage that they can, understandably, seems like a can of worms has been opened

The SPFL will require a valid reason for the postponement, so most clubs will struggle given that the only valid reasons are being Celtc or being Sevco. I have a vague recollection that one of them got a league game delayed because they had an important European game the previous midweek. Not even the following midweek, the previous one.

it would be interesting if we wanted a game against an Ugly Sister moved back a day or two because Boyle and Irvine were away on international duty.

hibbysam
21-01-2021, 11:10 PM
I doubt it can be done just a few days before the match.

Livingston Ross county moved at 2 days notice. Doncaster cited this in his interview defending the movement of the Hibs game therefore he’d not have any excuses should a club do the exact same in future.

gbhibby
22-01-2021, 12:59 AM
Better make it Gullane then we can say that the players needed to recover from the journey back to base.

Peevemor
22-01-2021, 05:29 AM
Livingston Ross county moved at 2 days notice. Doncaster cited this in his interview defending the movement of the Hibs game therefore he’d not have any excuses should a club do the exact same in future.OK, but was it not just the KO time and not the day that changed? And they surely had a good reason to ask.

I don't think "wanting to piss off Celtic" would count, neither would "giving Scott Allan an extra day to recover".

JimBHibees
22-01-2021, 05:53 AM
Livingston Ross county moved at 2 days notice. Doncaster cited this in his interview defending the movement of the Hibs game therefore he’d not have any excuses should a club do the exact same in future.

That was done sensibly because the forecast for Livingston was -6 on the Saturday but warmer on the Sunday. Game would have been off on the Saturday so made complete sense. Not the same as moving the Celtic game to the Monday.

JimBHibees
22-01-2021, 05:55 AM
OK, but was it not just the KO time and not the day that changed? And they surely had a good reason to ask.

I don't think "wanting to piss off Celtic" would count, neither would "giving Scott Allan an extra day to recover".

They did have a good reason game on the Saturday would have been off due to the weather.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2021, 10:03 AM
https://twitter.com/DavidTannerTV/status/1367201746301386754?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Surely we could have found someone Hibs oriented to present the Hibs games, strange tweet for someone on our payroll.

Never been a massive fan tbh and still find it weird we gave him the gig.

Since90+2
04-03-2021, 10:15 AM
https://twitter.com/DavidTannerTV/status/1367201746301386754?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Surely we could have found someone Hibs oriented to present the Hibs games, strange tweet for someone on our payroll.

Doesn't really bother me to be honest. He's not a Hibs employee and he's never pretended to be a Hibs fan.

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2021, 10:17 AM
Doesn't really bother me to be honest. He's not a Hibs employee and he's never pretended to be a Hibs fan.

Who pays him for presenting the games then?

keep the faith
04-03-2021, 10:18 AM
I'm genuinely interested to know why we didnt give grant stott the tv job. Professional, knowledgable and a huge fan. He was made for that gig.

Oscar T Grouch
04-03-2021, 10:20 AM

He is a Scottish football commentator, there is nothing wrong n that tweet whatsoever. Should he stop his other job because he has a part time gig every other Saturday at Hibs?

Peevemor
04-03-2021, 10:20 AM
He is a Scottish football commentator, there is nothing wrong n that tweet whatsoever. Should he stop his other job because he has a part time gig every other Saturday at Hibs?

Exactly.

CapitalGreen
04-03-2021, 10:21 AM

Grow up

Oscar T Grouch
04-03-2021, 10:22 AM
I'm genuinely interested to know why we didnt give grant stott the tv job. Professional, knowledgable and a huge fan. He was made for that gig.

He does a radio show on Saturdays does he not? He will probably be on the list to cover other DJ that call in sick or are off on Holiday.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 10:23 AM

The tweet doesn't really bother me either but if he's not a Hibs employee then who pays him to appear on Hibs TV?

Anthony Soprano
04-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Grow up

Only if you promise to as well?

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2021, 10:25 AM

I'd prefer it if he gave up his part time job at Hibs, or at least did some research about his guests and the club. He's wooden and i really struggle to watch him.

Given who he supports and what little he knows about us, i think he was a bad appointment for the job.

Peevemor
04-03-2021, 10:29 AM
He does a radio show on Saturdays does he not? He will probably be on the list to cover other DJ that call in sick or are off on Holiday.

Tanner is a football/sport presenter therefore will generally be available for football related stuff, even if match dates/ko times are moved at short notice.

Somebody like Grant Stott who does general entertainment will ordinarily have gigs from a wide variety of sources, the majority of which he'll have to accept as he has to earn a living. I suspect these often irregular gigs will generally pay more than Tanner will have agreed per match for a 20 match (or whatever) deal.

Oscar T Grouch
04-03-2021, 10:32 AM
I'd prefer it if he gave up his part time job at Hibs, or at least did some research about his guests and the club. He's wooden and i really struggle to watch him.

Given who he supports and what little he knows about us, i think he was a bad appointment for the job.

I agree he is not the best choice for the job, it would have been better to have a Hibee in there but there was limited time to find someone and most of the Hibees in the media are really good and have other jobs that would clash with the Hibs gig. The role was made for Grant Stott but you'd assume his other jobs stopped that one.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2021, 10:38 AM
I agree he is not the best choice for the job, it would have been better to have a Hibee in there but there was limited time to find someone and most of the Hibees in the media are really good and have other jobs that would clash with the Hibs gig. The role was made for Grant Stott but you'd assume his other jobs stopped that one.

Thats all very good, but they gave the job to a card carrying hun. :greengrin

The 90+2
04-03-2021, 10:44 AM
He’s a ****. Cant stand the guy.

Clarence
04-03-2021, 10:52 AM
I’ve tried to like him but he’s an adhesive so it makes it very difficult. His adhesiveness oozes out of him.

J-C
04-03-2021, 11:12 AM

Grant does the pantomime at the Kings so does 2 shows on a saturday, no one seen Covid coming and lasting this long, so I'd assume Grant expected to be doing the Kings most of the winter months.

Hibernian Verse
04-03-2021, 11:13 AM
The tweet doesn't really bother me either but if he's not a Hibs employee then who pays him to appear on Hibs TV?

He's a freelance journalist. We pay him to do a specific gig for Hibs every other Saturday.

I'm not a fan of him either, but what he does outwith presenting Hibs games is irrelevant.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 11:15 AM
He's a freelance journalist. We pay him to do a specific gig for Hibs every other Saturday.

I'm not a fan of him either, but what he does outwith presenting Hibs games is irrelevant.

Would that not make him a Hibs employee during these The Match broadcasts every other Saturday, no?

Hibernian Verse
04-03-2021, 11:17 AM
Would that not make him a Hibs employee during these The Match broadcasts every other Saturday, no?Is he tweeting about Rangers winning the title whilst on Hibs TV?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
04-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Would that not make him a Hibs employee during these The Match broadcasts every other Saturday, no?

Not at all - I'd imagine he's self employed.

I have loads of different clients who pay for my services. None of them have a say on who else I work for or comment on.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 11:45 AM
Is he tweeting about Rangers winning the title whilst on Hibs TV?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

As per my previous comment on this subject, I don't really care about the tweet. I was specifically interested in the comment which was made about him not being a Hibs employee.

Mr Grieves
04-03-2021, 11:57 AM
The reason Tanner shouldn't be on Hibs tv is he's absolutely ***** at presenting. Couldn't care less about his tweets or allegiances

Nicho87
04-03-2021, 12:14 PM
And a massive congratulations to rangers on winning last night.

Craig_HFC
04-03-2021, 12:18 PM
I couldn't really care who he supported to be honest but he is totally cringeworthy and just a **** presenter. He was **** when he was at Sky & is still **** now he's on HibsTV. He's sort of a combination of David Brent & Alan Partridge without any of the funny bits. He also comes across so smarmy & smug and is just so dislikeable.

Hopefully there won't be any need for games to be streamed for very long next season but I hope that he's nowhere near HibsTV regardless.

jeffers
04-03-2021, 12:20 PM
I don’t like him either. I know he might be well known but I think he does a piss poor job and appointing him was a mistake. Can’t believe we couldn’t have found someone more Hibs minded. Even Tam McManus would have been a better option imo.

Then add into it that Tanner is a dirty Hun.

basehibby
04-03-2021, 12:34 PM

:agree: Would have been my 1st choice by a mile - didn't even have panto season to consider this year either!

Still - not letting that detract from the virtual pat on the back which Tanner fully deserved for those comments. NB - I think he's become a wee bit more assured at HibsTV over the weeks as well.

.Sean.
04-03-2021, 12:41 PM
He reminds me of the news presenter on chewing the fat

His podcast’s very much me me me I find.

TheSouthMoroccan
04-03-2021, 12:52 PM
He reminds me of the news presenter on chewing the fat

His podcast’s very much me me me I find.

Cheese Merchant :agree:

Greenbeard
04-03-2021, 01:04 PM
Grant does the pantomime at the Kings so does 2 shows on a saturday, no one seen Covid coming and lasting this long, so I'd assume Grant expected to be doing the Kings most of the winter months.
Oh no he didn't.

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2021, 01:56 PM
who gave him the gig in the first place, was it leeann dempster ? :confused:

Billy Whizz
04-03-2021, 02:19 PM
who gave him the gig in the first place, was it leeann dempster ? :confused:

This guy is in charge of Hibs TV, guests and all Marketing at Hibs
Suggest you direct your unhappiness to him, and not Tanner

Greg McEwan
gmewan@hibernianfc.co.uk

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2021, 02:34 PM

Greg McEwan
gmewan@hibernianfc.co.uk

excuse me ? how on earth did you manage to deduce any unhappiness from me just asking a question, suggest you read the full thread for any unhappiness from others

jeezo

Billy Whizz
04-03-2021, 02:40 PM
excuse me ? how on earth did you manage to deduce any unhappiness from me just asking a question, suggest you read the full thread for any unhappiness from others

jeezo

Jeezo, touchy touchy
Well you did ask who gave him the gig in the 1st place, suggesting to me you were unhappy

For the record I’m fine with Tanner, but quite a few on here aren’t

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2021, 02:47 PM
Jeezo, touchy touchy
Well you did ask who gave him the gig in the 1st place, suggesting to me you were unhappy

For the record I’m fine with Tanner, but quite a few on here aren’t

my goodness, how on earth can you....know what, forget it :aok:

touchy touchy indeed lol

Onceinawhile
04-03-2021, 03:05 PM

Depends on his set up. He might have his own company that he's employee of and hibs may contract with his company.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Depends on his set up. He might have his own company that he's employee of and hibs may contract with his company.

Fair enough cheers.

northern-hibee
04-03-2021, 03:06 PM
Of course it should be a Hibs fan fronting up Hibs tv. It’s for Hibs fans, it’s not supposed to be neutral. Does anyone think Rangers tv or Celtic tv would have anyone other than a fan fronting their program. Ridiculous appointment

greenlex
04-03-2021, 03:09 PM
Tanner out. Welsh in.

Peevemor
04-03-2021, 03:09 PM
Of course it should be a Hibs fan fronting up Hibs tv. It’s for Hibs fans, it’s not supposed to be neutral. Does anyone think Rangers tv or Celtic tv would have anyone other than a fan fronting their program. Ridiculous appointment

But it's not neutral though - it's 100% Hibs chat and Hibs biased.

Heckys Wheel
04-03-2021, 03:50 PM
When we were away to Motherwell earlier in the season, I really enjoyed listening to Jock Brown commentating. It gave me a warm nostalgic feeling. Would happily take him for Hibs TV which makes me think it’s not a Hibby we need but a competent presenter. Tanner is a cheese ball.

As an aside, posting the email address of commercial staff at the club and inviting fans to complain to is shocking patter. Feedback to the fans rep if you’ve got an axe to grind.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 03:50 PM
But it's not neutral though - it's 100% Hibs chat and Hibs biased.

Apart from when he began his half time summary of the Ross County game a couple of months ago by saying "so far so good for Yogi" when they went in at half time 1-0 up.

Phil MaGlass
04-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Wasnt there a big Hibs fan fae the Scotsman that just retired, his knowledge and contacts would be pretty guid no, mibbe he could dae a job.

JimBHibees
04-03-2021, 04:00 PM

Sure Aberdeen had Dougie Donnelly can't imagine he is a Dons fan

Peevemor
04-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Apart from when he began his half time summary of the Ross County game a couple of months ago by saying "so far so good for Yogi" when they went in at half time 1-0 up.Which any number of pro-Yogi Hibs supporters could have come out with.

Frazerbob
04-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Sure Aberdeen had Dougie Donnelly can't imagine he is a Dons fan

Rob McLean hosts Red TV

truehibernian
04-03-2021, 04:44 PM
I'm a wee bit biased because I know him, but Paul Mitchell - even for a Jambo - is superb as both presenter and commentator and is very unbiased in all his work when it comes to football. In all my time knowing him he hasn't ever uttered a jibe or negative word about Hibs either and has an encyclopedic mind when it comes to analysis and commentating.

Terrible footballer mind :greengrin still thinks he's a striker :na na:

I'd give Paul the gig. Tanner is too 'oily' and sycophantic for me.

bigwheel
04-03-2021, 04:48 PM
Rob McLean hosts Red TV

Ross County fan isn't he?

bigwheel
04-03-2021, 04:48 PM
I'm a wee bit biased because I know him, but Paul Mitchell - even for a Jambo - is superb as both presenter and commentator and is very unbiased in all his work when it comes to football. In all my time knowing him he hasn't ever uttered a jibe or negative word about Hibs either and has an encyclopedic mind when it comes to analysis and commentating.

A jambo (no matter how professional) would be just wrong......

Bright_Hibee
04-03-2021, 05:04 PM

Greg McEwan
gmewan@hibernianfc.co.uk

Do you not think the commercial staff have enough on their plate without posting their email addresses online and asking people to complain to them about David Tanner? He's not my cup of tea, but does an okay job, even if some of his stuff makes my toes curl.

For what it's worth, the marketing and communications has taken an upturn since GM was put in place. I'm a codger so I'm not an expert on social media, but it's good to go on it and see the club bigging up sources of revenue instead of berating them, like the Murder Mystery nights. There's still improvement to be made, but I am hopeful that GM will make them once he sorts out his own team, especially with that recently advertised job heading up that department. A refresh is good to see and hopefully it will lead to a suitably qualified person doing that job.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Which any number of pro-Yogi Hibs supporters could have come out with.

I just found it a pretty weird thing for the presenter of a "100% Hibs biased" programme to come out with.

Peevemor
04-03-2021, 05:23 PM
I just found it a pretty weird thing for the presenter of a "100% Hibs biased" programme to come out with.Didn't bother me at all. He wouldn't have said it if the opposition manager wasn't someone with very strong Hibs connections. A friend and regular guest of Hibs TV at that.

hibbysam
04-03-2021, 06:13 PM

Emma Dodds presents RangersTv, is she a Rangers fan? She’s posting congratulations to St Johnstone etc on her Twitter due to her other job with Premier. She even put a tweet out about how great it was seeing Scott Allan back playing. I doubt they really care. Tanner has his place on TalkSPORT as well so it’s obvious why he’d tweet about sides outwith Hibs. He’s only a Hibs member of staff come a Saturday, and even then he does his bit with his Edinburgh football show.

lord bunberry
04-03-2021, 07:33 PM
I don’t get all the fuss around Tanner. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he doesn’t bother me at all, he presents the show, talks pish for a bit and then we watch the game. His role in the grand scheme of things is pretty irrelevant, next season we’ll all be back in the stadium not giving a toss who’s presenting the hibs tv show.

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2021, 07:44 PM
I don’t get all the fuss around Tanner. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but he doesn’t bother me at all, he presents the show, talks pish for a bit and then we watch the game. His role in the grand scheme of things is pretty irrelevant, next season we’ll all be back in the stadium not giving a toss who’s presenting the hibs tv show.

ditto :agree:

Carheenlea
04-03-2021, 08:28 PM
I was one who didn’t really enjoy his presentation at the start of the season and sure I called it a “disgrace” we were employing a Rangers fan to anchor the broadcasts :hilarious

Through time I’ve actually grown to like him, and he’ll forever be linked to a Hibs now when in the future we reflect back on what has been an extraordinary life experience for us all to live through for a year or so.

The Baldmans Comb
04-03-2021, 08:35 PM
Tanner used to "follow follow" the old Rangers club on the Bishopbriggs Loyal supporters club bus so you would expect he is "loyal and true" to the new Rangers club as well.

They have stopped 10 in a row and are undoubtedly Champions elect and he is clearly chuffed.

I don't have any problem with this at all in connection to his weekend job with Hibs.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2021, 08:38 PM
I just found it a pretty weird thing for the presenter of a "100% Hibs biased" programme to come out with.

It’s all the other stuff he shouts about that bugs me. David Tanner TV or whatever, reminding everyone why Rangers are champions and how good the Colombian weirdo is. Turns the stomach really.

https://i.ibb.co/92LjR4k/AFD81443-78-F8-4-E68-AD98-78057-A22-BFCE.jpg

Carheenlea
04-03-2021, 08:40 PM
It’s all the other stuff he shouts about that bugs me. David Tanner TV or whatever, reminding everyone why Rangers are champions and how good the Colombian weirdo is. Turns the stomach really.

https://i.ibb.co/92LjR4k/AFD81443-78-F8-4-E68-AD98-78057-A22-BFCE.jpg

What does the #LIVRAN mean?

Iggy Pope
04-03-2021, 08:42 PM

**** knows. Or the one before it for that matter.
#Tannersanerse.

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2021, 08:44 PM

Lousy Invertebrated Vile RAN gers

or something like that

hibeejeebies
04-03-2021, 08:44 PM
Lennon and Tanner going head to head for most divisive figure of the decade.

Sir David Gray
04-03-2021, 09:02 PM

Livingston v Rangers.

It's how the media promotes TV games on social media by doing a # then the first three letters of the two teams' names.

JimBHibees
04-03-2021, 09:47 PM

Personally think he is fine.

Cameron1875
04-03-2021, 10:45 PM
Hibs deciding to employ an obvious current bun to host our in house matchday programme was bizarre.

However, we are a club who still allow journalists to report on pre-match press conferences depsite their newspapers demanding Hibs be awarded with enormous fines and European qualification taken away from us after 21/05/2016.

It is all rather strange but hopefully we can all get back to attending games next season and Tanner can go back to being the no mark that he was last summer.

Carheenlea
04-03-2021, 10:46 PM
Livingston v Rangers.

It's how the media promotes TV games on social media by doing a # then the first three letters of the two teams' names.

Ah, makes sense now. I thought it was maybe some Rangers slogan!

hibbysam
04-03-2021, 11:00 PM
Hibs deciding to employ an obvious current bun to host our in house matchday programme was bizarre.

However, we are a club who still allow journalists to report on pre-match press conferences depsite their newspapers demanding Hibs be awarded with enormous fines and European qualification taken away from us after 21/05/2016.

It is all rather strange but hopefully we can all get back to attending games next season and Tanner can go back to being the no mark that he was last summer.

Would your opinion be different if he was a Celtic fan? Or an Aberdeen fan? He’s there to present, which he does. If there isn’t any suitable Hibs fans available to the standard the club wanted then should we just not have employed anyone?

Iggy Pope
04-03-2021, 11:05 PM
Would your opinion be different if he was a Celtic fan? Or an Aberdeen fan? He’s there to present, which he does. If there isn’t any suitable Hibs fans available to the standard the club wanted then should we just not have employed anyone?

Was there only one candidate for the post? Seriously?

Iggy Pope
04-03-2021, 11:07 PM
Personally think he is fine.

I think he’s crap and hit mute as soon as his lips move.

hibbysam
04-03-2021, 11:16 PM

Who suggested that? Plenty wanted a Hibs fan, what if there wasn’t a suitable Hibs fan available? Many complaining he’s a Rangers fan, would another clubs fan be ok - Celtic, Aberdeen? And if not, should we just not have anybody/anything?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the job he does for us.

Iggy Pope
04-03-2021, 11:46 PM
Who suggested that? Plenty wanted a Hibs fan, what if there wasn’t a suitable Hibs fan available? Many complaining he’s a Rangers fan, would another clubs fan be ok - Celtic, Aberdeen? And if not, should we just not have anybody/anything?

Absolutely nothing wrong with the job he does for us.

Well you seemed to suggest it. Who else were the ‘what ifs’ that Hibs spoke to do you think that weren’t suitable? Did he get the gig because he is good? Hope not.
You think there’s nothing wrong with the job he does and you’re allowed to. I think he’s ****ing awful and so do many others not only on here. Listening to a clear Hun dominate my Season Ticket telly sticks in my craw and I’ll stick with that opinion. And yes, Aberdeen and Celtic fans (whatever the relevance of that was) can get to as well.

Bright_Hibee
05-03-2021, 01:10 AM
Well you seemed to suggest it. Who else were the ‘what ifs’ that Hibs spoke to do you think that weren’t suitable? Did he get the gig because he is good? Hope not.
You think there’s nothing wrong with the job he does and you’re allowed to. I think he’s ****ing awful and so do many others not only on here. Listening to a clear Hun dominate my Season Ticket telly sticks in my craw and I’ll stick with that opinion. And yes, Aberdeen and Celtic fans (whatever the relevance of that was) can get to as well.

Do you get offended at our players that support other teams too, or is it exclusively freelance employees? My advice is to grow up and dry your eyes. I'm not a fan of him, but this sort of stuff is over the top. He is clearly not a great presenter, we can see why Sky got rid of him, but he's capable enough for Hibs TV as a season-long stint even if he is a bit too cringe inducing at times for my liking. Him being a Rangers fan has no bearing on my opinion of him. That is playground stuff that you grow out of except for winding up your pals.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-03-2021, 03:21 AM
Lennon and Tanner going head to head for most divisive figure of the decade.

Will this be an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch ? “Let’s get it on”

(For avoidance of doubt this is a joke and it was a feature that ran on MTV from memory)

green day
05-03-2021, 06:47 AM

I doubt it very much.

And there is another angle to this - I cant speak for everyone else, but the following is how I now do Hibs tv coverage -

Because Tanner is so crap I only unmute when it switches to Cliff and Tam.

That means I dont get to hear the guests, and I dont listen to the adverts - one means my enjoyment is reduced, and the other means the advertisers are not getting the coverage they are promised.

Hiber-nation
05-03-2021, 06:49 AM
I doubt it very much.

And there is another angle to this - I cant speak for everyone else, but the following is how I now do Hibs tv coverage -

That means I dont get to hear the guests, and I dont listen to the adverts - one means my enjoyment is reduced, and the other means the advertisers are not getting the coverage they are promised.

Yep I'm exactly the same. He's annoying in general but as a Hibs presenter he's insufferable.

FilipinoHibs
05-03-2021, 07:07 AM
Yep I'm exactly the same. He's annoying in general but as a Hibs presenter he's insufferable.

He comes across as a caricature impersonation of Stanley Baxter. Never mind he is a hun, he is just awful.

JimBHibees
05-03-2021, 07:33 AM
Rob McLean hosts Red TV

Does he thought he did commentary. Definitely saw Dougie hosting one of the games few weeks back think it was Motherwell at home. Maybe Rob was unavailable that week.

Since90+2
05-03-2021, 07:42 AM
He's a terrible presenter and cringe as anything. Seems pretty harmless though and not really worth getting worked up over.

Heckys Wheel
05-03-2021, 08:11 AM
Does he thought he did commentary. Definitely saw Dougie hosting one of the games few weeks back think it was Motherwell at home. Maybe Rob was unavailable that week.

These guys always seem to just disappear from your TV. There’s very rarely a leaving speech or anything said.

Thought the same when I switched on a game last year on possibly BT or Premier and Jim Rosenthal was presenting.

Have a few “Oh aye, whatever happened to him” moments with football presenters and commentators.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2021, 08:13 AM
I'd love us to get Irvine Welsh on every week, with David Icke presenting.

Figures would go through the roof.:greengrin

HendoDelivered
05-03-2021, 08:54 AM
Too many folk bothered by Tanner.

northern-hibee
05-03-2021, 09:19 AM

Spot on

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 10:28 AM
Do you get offended at our players that support other teams too, or is it exclusively freelance employees? My advice is to grow up and dry your eyes. I'm not a fan of him, but this sort of stuff is over the top. He is clearly not a great presenter, we can see why Sky got rid of him, but he's capable enough for Hibs TV as a season-long stint even if he is a bit too cringe inducing at times for my liking. Him being a Rangers fan has no bearing on my opinion of him. That is playground stuff that you grow out of except for winding up your pals.

I’ll take that criticism. It’s unfounded and a tad insulting though so on second thoughts stick it up your arse!

silverhibee
05-03-2021, 10:35 AM
I don’t like him either. I know he might be well known but I think he does a piss poor job and appointing him was a mistake. Can’t believe we couldn’t have found someone more Hibs minded. Even Tam McManus would have been a better option imo.

Then add into it that Tanner is a dirty Hun.

And Tams a soapdodger, what's worse.

silverhibee
05-03-2021, 10:47 AM

Tanner is a decent guy as well, met him a few times has a good laugh, I reall y don't see the problem with him like most on here.

He should get Mr Riordan on the show for our home games, but our fans would probably moan about him as well, ffs we could have Pat Stanton on and some of our fan base would moan. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
05-03-2021, 10:57 AM

Should Hibs have employed season ticket holding Leeann Dempster to take charge of our club, what were folk thinking hiring someone like that "a Hun" to run our club, never spoke out against them when she had the chance and when the new club win the league I'm sure she will tweet her delight that they are champions.

This is all getting silly about someone who does Hibs tv.

scoopyboy
05-03-2021, 11:00 AM
Should Hibs have employed season ticket holding Leeann Dempster to take charge of our club, what were folk thinking hiring someone like that "a Hun" to run our club, never spoke out against them when she had the chance and when the new club win the league I'm sure she will tweet her delight that they are champions.

This is all getting silly about someone who does Hibs tv.

No sign of them inviting Derek on Silv? He would be an interesting guest.

jeffers
05-03-2021, 11:06 AM
And Tams a soapdodger, what's worse.

Both as bad as each other for me, the difference is Tam is an ex player and clearly has affection for us.

silverhibee
05-03-2021, 11:09 AM
No sign of them inviting Derek on Silv? He would be an interesting guest.

Don't know who does the inviting Scoops, Hibs or Tom Cruise :greengrin but no, no invitation so far.

bigwheel
05-03-2021, 11:14 AM
You can tell things are going OK when we have pages on the host of our TV coverage ....

Let’s hope it remains a top issue all season !

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 12:07 PM
I doubt it very much.

Why would you not just turn it on at 3pm?

Bright_Hibee
05-03-2021, 12:14 PM
I’ll take that criticism. It’s unfounded and a tad insulting though so on second thoughts stick it up your arse!

Your response confirms that you are immature and it's not the first time either. Definitely one of the most irate posters here over trivial things.

Again, do you have any issues with players that play for Hibs, or managers too, that support clubs that aren't Hibs? If the answer is no, then what is the difference between them and a freelance TV presenter?

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 12:20 PM

I never suggested that at all. The argument was that we should have a Hibs fan presenting, my point was what if there were none available or suitable, should we not have anything? Folk can shout Grant Stott til the cows come home, facts are he makes far more money doing far more other things than present HibsTv for 2 hours a week.

The fact Tanner is in the job tells me he was the best available, that’s normally how jobs work. He’s also got a fairly large social media network which means when he promotes the channel it reaches a fair distance.

The relevance is everyone going on about his tweets regarding Rangers and I was curious as to what their thoughts would be had he been a Celtic or Aberdeen fan. So we can only have a Hibs presenter, even if there were no suitable candidates. Gottcha.

Hector Mudflap
05-03-2021, 12:29 PM
For me his voice [Tanner] reminds me of boring Sundays so I cant say its popular for me but he's doing a job he's paid to do and there are others who would be worse. I can't stand (and I mean CAN NOT STAND) Grant Stott - his voice - his face - his radio show- everything, in fact his ONLY two redeeming features are he's a Hibby and he's John Leslies brother. I would rather have John Leslie than him (yes despite everything he's been accused of) Tanner has a boring voice and nothing really to get people excited but he does know football and football people so his profile does lift the club.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Your response confirms that you are immature and it's not the first time either. Definitely one of the most irate posters here over trivial things.

Again, do you have any issues with players that play for Hibs, or managers too, that support clubs that aren't Hibs? If the answer is no, then what is the difference between them and a freelance TV presenter?

Im not finding this any more trivial than the temperature of the pies.
I do have an issue with any one at Hibs, any pay level, on any arrangement, that chooses to triumph online, regularly, about one of our rivals.
And, I find him cheesy and irritating regardless of his allegiance - for a TV presenter that’s not usually a good thing.
I’m not irate in the slightest, but you my man, appear condescending to a fault, twice now, even though I have no recollection of any discussion with you on any subject before now. I think you’re at it and seeking to provoke a reaction. Best leave your opinion of me at that before one of us says something here that one might not say close up and in the real world, and that might cause an interesting thread to suffer.

Since452
05-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Why would you not just turn it on at 3pm?

This. Personally can't be bothered with the build up. Same as going to the football (remember that?). In or on for 3pm will do me.

Keith_M
05-03-2021, 04:37 PM
This. Personally can't be bothered with the build up. Same as going to the football (remember that?). In or on for 3pm will do me.

Same here.

I honestly don't know why there's such a fuss about a TV presenter, but it's coming over as a few people letting their hatred of all things Sticky Bun get the better of them.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 04:38 PM
I never suggested that at all. The argument was that we should have a Hibs fan presenting, my point was what if there were none available or suitable, should we not have anything? Folk can shout Grant Stott til the cows come home, facts are he makes far more money doing far more other things than present HibsTv for 2 hours a week.

The fact Tanner is in the job tells me he was the best available, that’s normally how jobs work. He’s also got a fairly large social media network which means when he promotes the channel it reaches a fair distance.

The relevance is everyone going on about his tweets regarding Rangers and I was curious as to what their thoughts would be had he been a Celtic or Aberdeen fan. So we can only have a Hibs presenter, even if there were no suitable candidates. Gottcha.

That’s not what I’m saying at all and you know this. Just a presenter that’s good (I never said anything about Grant Stott, not a fan) and not a bit of a twat. Even before he came to Hibs I found him unbearable as Sky’s Scottish correspondent. Better still give us a presenter that doesn’t forget which side he’s batting for. Not too much to ask. I wonder if when all this is done we will have anyone fronting it at all, he’s getting money for old rope.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 04:40 PM
Same here.

I honestly don't know why there's such a fuss about a TV presenter, but it's coming over as a few people letting their hatred of all things Sticky Bun get the better of them.

That’s only part of it for me. I can’t suffer the man and it gets worse every week.

AugustaHibs
05-03-2021, 04:46 PM
https://youtu.be/-QEWpWRG0no

Very similar vibes

jeffers
05-03-2021, 04:48 PM
That’s only part of it for me. I can’t suffer the man and it gets worse every week.

Pretty much where I’m at. For a so called professional at times he’s anything but and his ignorance of Hibs shows at times. The fact he is a Hun only adds to it, but I had the same opinion of him regardless of who he supports.

Don’t know why we didn’t consider Kenny Millar.

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 05:34 PM
That’s not what I’m saying at all and you know this. Just a presenter that’s good (I never said anything about Grant Stott, not a fan) and not a bit of a twat. Even before he came to Hibs I found him unbearable as Sky’s Scottish correspondent. Better still give us a presenter that doesn’t forget which side he’s batting for. Not too much to ask. I wonder if when all this is done we will have anyone fronting it at all, he’s getting money for old rope.

What’s not? Your not saying it should be a Hibs fan and no one else? You said you’d be the same if it was a Celtic or Aberdeen or any other fan therefore it would have to be a Hibs fan. Likelihood is there was no one suitable otherwise the club would have got them. He champions the whole of Scottish football online, that’s his job the other 6 days, just so happens one club are better than every other. Come a Saturday he fronts our tv show and doesn’t champion the rest of the league.

It’s not healthy to hate so much.

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 05:35 PM
Same here.

That’s exactly what it is, although folk won’t admit it.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 05:58 PM
What’s not? Your not saying it should be a Hibs fan and no one else? You said you’d be the same if it was a Celtic or Aberdeen or any other fan therefore it would have to be a Hibs fan. Likelihood is there was no one suitable otherwise the club would have got them. He champions the whole of Scottish football online, that’s his job the other 6 days, just so happens one club are better than every other. Come a Saturday he fronts our tv show and doesn’t champion the rest of the league.

It’s not healthy to hate so much.

Now. I never said anything of the sort. You brought the allegiances of these other sides into it, not me. I expressed disdain at Tanner trumpeting about Rangers and I reserve the absolute right to do as a card-carrying Hibby. There really are not many of us who have much time for them or his adoration of Alfredo Morelos, a clearly despicable wee man.
I suggested that fans of other clubs could do one just the same if it came to it after you mentioned Celtic and Aberdeen. Irrelevant then and irrelevant now.
Tanner or anyone else for that matter are quite welcome to support whatever club they choose as long as they can shut ****ing up about it while taking a retainer from the Hibs. That’s my opinion.
I also think he is utterly, utterly crap at what presenting he does and I am healthy in my dislike, thanks.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2021, 06:01 PM
That’s exactly what it is, although folk won’t admit it.
I think he's useless as a presenter, has little knowledge on anything Hibs, and to cap it all he's a hun.

And our season tickets go towards his wages, damn right i'm against him presenting the show to me.

Pretty Boy
05-03-2021, 06:02 PM
He's not very good but I really can't get that worked up by him. That's as both presenter of The Match and as self employed media type spraffing about football and Rangers on Twitter.

I switch the game on just before kick off, watch the 1st half, potter about doing other stuff/moaning on here/proclaiming we are going to win the league at HT then watch the 2nd half. I half listen to the chat but that's it.

For what it is the Hibs offering has been pretty decent imo. Put together relatively quickly and I can't imagine it's a huge budget. Good guests, decent commentators and it's relatively slick. I'd rather not have to watch football like this ever again but for now it will do.

Keith_M
05-03-2021, 06:15 PM
I notice that the argument from this thread has been continued on a completely unrelated thread.

I presume Lockdown is getting to some people more than they'd care to admit.

Edit: I just noticed it's on two other threads that are both now locked as a result.

Come on, this is getting silly now.

:rolleyes:

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Now. I never said anything of the sort. You brought the allegiances of these other sides into it, not me. I expressed disdain at Tanner trumpeting about Rangers and I reserve the absolute right to do as a card-carrying Hibby. There really are not many of us who have much time for them or his adoration of Alfredo Morelos, a clearly despicable wee man.
I suggested that fans of other clubs could do one just the same if it came to it after you mentioned Celtic and Aberdeen. Irrelevant then and irrelevant now.
Tanner or anyone else for that matter are quite welcome to support whatever club they choose as long as they can shut ****ing up about it while taking a retainer from the Hibs. That’s my opinion.
I also think he is utterly, utterly crap at what presenting he does and I am healthy in my dislike, thanks.

That’s all you had to say, you hate the fact he speaks so openly about the best side in the league in his other job. You could’ve left it at that. It was clear it wasn’t because he champions any other club, it’s the fact it’s Rangers, hence my point about Aberdeen and Celtic. He works for Hibs 30 minutes prior to a game to 30 minutes after, beyond that he has another job nothing to do with Hibs. He’s not going anywhere, and neither he should.

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 06:22 PM
I think he's useless as a presenter, has little knowledge on anything Hibs, and to cap it all he's a hun.

And our season tickets go towards his wages, damn right i'm against him presenting the show to me.

Who he supports makes absolutely no difference to his ability to do his job for us. My season ticket also goes towards him and I couldn’t give a toss who he supports. Folk getting far too worked up about it. Would we care as much if the stadium announcer was a Rangers fan when we were in the grounds?

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 06:23 PM
I notice that the argument from this thread has been continued on a completely unrelated thread.

I presume Lockdown is getting to some people more than they'd care to admit.

It’s not really, I had to research on a poster who had plenty personal stuff to say about me, I’d no knowledge of him and quickly found two examples that shown him up to be ever such the hypocrite when it came to the questions of A) disliking the Hun and B) grumbling about a part of Hibs TV.
That’s one of the reasons the search buttons exist I think.
The threads are closed now so I don’t see it continuing as you say, and I also see it less as an argument but more of a debate. No?

Your own advice not so long ago was simply not to read the things that you found pointless or irrelevant.
Sound advice.

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 06:23 PM
He's not very good but I really can't get that worked up by him. That's as both presenter of The Match and as self employed media type spraffing about football and Rangers on Twitter.

I switch the game on just before kick off, watch the 1st half, potter about doing other stuff/moaning on here/proclaiming we are going to win the league at HT then watch the 2nd half. I half listen to the chat but that's it.

For what it is the Hibs offering has been pretty decent imo. Put together relatively quickly and I can't imagine it's a huge budget. Good guests, decent commentators and it's relatively slick. I'd rather not have to watch football like this ever again but for now it will do.

In a nutshell.

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 06:25 PM
That’s all you had to say, you hate the fact he speaks so openly about the best side in the league in his other job. You could’ve left it at that. It was clear it wasn’t because he champions any other club, it’s the fact it’s Rangers, hence my point about Aberdeen and Celtic. He works for Hibs 30 minutes prior to a game to 30 minutes after, beyond that he has another job nothing to do with Hibs. He’s not going anywhere, and neither he should.

You keep using the word ‘hate’ fellah, not me. I’m only giving my healthy opinion, you don’t have to like it.

Keith_M
05-03-2021, 06:25 PM
It’s not really, I had to research on a poster who had plenty personal stuff to say about me, I’d no knowledge of him and quickly found two examples that shown him up to be ever such the hypocrite when it came to the questions of A) disliking the Hun and B) grumbling about a part of Hibs TV.
That’s one of the reasons the search buttons exist I think.
The threads are closed now so I don’t see it continuing as you say, and I also see it less as an argument but more of a debate. No?

Your own advice not so long ago was simply not to read the things that you found pointless or irrelevant.
Sound advice.

It's not to do with not relevant, though, is it.

I have to say that I normally enjoy your posts but I've noticed that you've been lashing out at folk lately over simple misunderstandings and disagreements and are now basically stalking them.

I expect you'll have lots to say about this as well, but it's just not cool, mate.

p.s. I think I'm out of here till some folk calm down, as it's taking away any fun from the message board just now.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2021, 06:32 PM
Do you not think the commercial staff have enough on their plate without posting their email addresses online and asking people to complain to them about David Tanner? He's not my cup of tea, but does an okay job, even if some of his stuff makes my toes curl.

For what it's worth, the marketing and communications has taken an upturn since GM was put in place. I'm a codger so I'm not an expert on social media, but it's good to go on it and see the club bigging up sources of revenue instead of berating them, like the Murder Mystery nights. There's still improvement to be made, but I am hopeful that GM will make them once he sorts out his own team, especially with that recently advertised job heading up that department. A refresh is good to see and hopefully it will lead to a suitably qualified person doing that job.

For someone based in Canada you seem to know an awful lot about Hibs, and given a good slagging to a few staff members since you joined

Is it not right for the club to talk or listen to their customers, as that’s what we all are. Surely no one is too busy to talk to their customers, as you are saying

I’ve said I’ve no issue with Tanner, others have

I think if we were to summarise this thread, Hibspass is not a very good marketing communication to Hibs fans, some not even bothering to switch on until kick off
Some of the studio guests have been good, but the one where Graeme Mathie was embarrassed was a shocker

What an opportunity the club have missed, and with Ron’s background in this area, he can’t be happy

Iggy Pope
05-03-2021, 06:35 PM
It's not to do with not relevant, though, is it.

I have to say that I normally enjoy your posts but I've noticed that you've been lashing out at folk over simple misunderstandings and disagreements and are now basically stalking them.

I expect you'll have lots to say about this as well, but it's just not cool, mate.

I’ll have something to say in reply to that for certain.
I’m giving my opinion on David Tanner. I never started the thread, I’m simply joining in. I never resurrected it either, it started in January.
I’m ‘lashing out’ as you put it at the fellah who took opinions to a personal level and I had to find out who he was as I had absolutely no recollection of him. At all.
I dislike David Tanner and his presentation and that’s not cool but battering on Kamberi seems to be OK as does criticising the Irish commentator guy. Not entirely unrelated you see?

Away with the stalking stuff, behave yourself, that’s just shabby. I just wanted to know where he was at. And I found it.

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2021, 06:36 PM
Who he supports makes absolutely no difference to his ability to do his job for us. My season ticket also goes towards him and I couldn’t give a toss who he supports. Folk getting far too worked up about it. Would we care as much if the stadium announcer was a Rangers fan when we were in the grounds?

Who he supports makes a big difference to me, if he was commentating on his huns, i'm pretty sure he would be more up to date on his facts.

I hope we dont have to put up with him much longer, but if we have another season of this pish, we should have someone Hibs minded presenting the show, a monkey could do it just as well as he does.

hibbysam
05-03-2021, 07:08 PM
Who he supports makes a big difference to me, if he was commentating on his huns, i'm pretty sure he would be more up to date on his facts.

I hope we dont have to put up with him much longer, but if we have another season of this pish, we should have someone Hibs minded presenting the show, a monkey could do it just as well as he does.

Doubt it, he’d still be getting fed what to say by his producer. The same way any presenter anywhere will speak what they are told to say. I watch MNF every week on Sky and they are forever repeating what is told in their ear.

He’s never shown any allegiance to Rangers on air as far as I remember and does more for Hibs in relation to his Edinburgh football show than most Hibs fans in media do (even promoting HibsPicks on a completely unrelated platform).

Smartie
05-03-2021, 07:34 PM
For someone based in Canada you seem to know an awful lot about Hibs, and given a good slagging to a few staff members since you joined

Is it not right for the club to talk or listen to their customers, as that’s what we all are. Surely no one is too busy to talk to their customers, as you are saying

I think if we were to summarise this thread, Hibspass is not a very good marketing communication to Hibs fans, some not even bothering to switch on until kick off
Some of the studio guests have been good, but the one where Graeme Mathie was embarrassed was a shocker

What an opportunity the club have missed, and with Ron’s background in this area, he can’t be happy

Has it been that much of an opportunity missed?

It was a hastily thrown together, low budget way of getting us to watch football this season and it’s been fairly well received.

Some folk don’t like Tanner, some folk don’t love Cliff and Tam, some folk just watch the game and nothing else.

Over the piece it gets pass marks at least for me and I’m sure almost everyone, even those who dislike aspects of it.

Lancs Harp
05-03-2021, 08:05 PM
Ive eaten 100 packet of crisps (or potato chips for our trans Atlantic friends) and consumed numerous world wide beers and wines laughing at this thread. Hibs fans are ACE :greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Ryan91
05-03-2021, 08:33 PM
Has it been that much of an opportunity missed?

It was a hastily thrown together, low budget way of getting us to watch football this season and it’s been fairly well received.

Some folk don’t like Tanner, some folk don’t love Cliff and Tam, some folk just watch the game and nothing else.

Over the piece it gets pass marks at least for me and I’m sure almost everyone, even those who dislike aspects of it.

I've never understood the dislike for Tanner, he's hardly the worlds greatest presenter, but he was hired to do a job and he's done it in a professional manner, don't think you can ask for much more than that tbf.

J-C
05-03-2021, 10:46 PM

Ok so outwith who he supports he's still pi sh at his chosen job, that's my main reason for not liking him, add in he's a Hun too and there you have 2 reasons.

Bright_Hibee
06-03-2021, 02:02 AM

I agree that having Mathie in was bad and it wasn't wise having Irvine Welsh in, but Hibs TV has improved a lot since Greg has come in.

As a Hibs fan living abroad Hibs TV and the website are both lifelines for me to keep up to date with the club. I pay my dues for Hibs TV and I'm entitled to have my say on it and I'm entitled to my say on written stuff too. I am maybe too old to get to grips with social media, but I try my best to follow stuff there too. I'm definitely not a whippersnapper so find that hard, but I'm a bit anal when it comes to other stuff and maybe take it out on the wrong staff members.

My views are skewed given I'm so far away but the recent job in that department has shown Ron's hand and indicates to me that he is generally happy with the Hibs TV stuff. I like it but find David Tanner a bit cringe and some of the adverts pish but they probably make money. In fact he seems like he is looking to improve the written communication and marketing which I have said before is quite bad. It was at its best when the English guy (I forgot his name) was there it was stuff I enjoyed reading it and he emailed us all the time and it was good to be engaged with to that degree. From the time of the Lennon leaving shambles the written stuff hasn't been of the quality I would expect and I think Ron has recognised that with the new job.

That is my two cents and I am entitled to it, even if I am based far away. My love for the club doesn't diminish.

Bright_Hibee
06-03-2021, 02:10 AM
Im not finding this any more trivial than the temperature of the pies.
I do have an issue with any one at Hibs, any pay level, on any arrangement, that chooses to triumph online, regularly, about one of our rivals.
And, I find him cheesy and irritating regardless of his allegiance - for a TV presenter that’s not usually a good thing.
I’m not irate in the slightest, but you my man, appear condescending to a fault, twice now, even though I have no recollection of any discussion with you on any subject before now. I think you’re at it and seeking to provoke a reaction. Best leave your opinion of me at that before one of us says something here that one might not say close up and in the real world, and that might cause an interesting thread to suffer.

My wife read this over my shoulder and called me a moody erse. The judge has spoken but she might be biased against me :greengrin

I am happy to move on and agree to disagree. Sorry for being an erse:aok:

Iggy Pope
06-03-2021, 12:06 PM
My wife read this over my shoulder and called me a moody erse. The judge has spoken but she might be biased against me :greengrin

I am happy to move on and agree to disagree. Sorry for being an erse:aok:

Accepted, agreed and I’m sorry for being a stalker!
:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2021, 01:37 PM
Doubt it, he’d still be getting fed what to say by his producer. The same way any presenter anywhere will speak what they are told to say. I watch MNF every week on Sky and they are forever repeating what is told in their ear.

He’s never shown any allegiance to Rangers on air as far as I remember and does more for Hibs in relation to his Edinburgh football show than most Hibs fans in media do (even promoting HibsPicks on a completely unrelated platform).
A producer for Hibstv, who is it Aaron Spelling?

Everything looks off the cuff, that's why it's so stiff, i think you think we have a budget way above what it is, next you will be telling me they have runners, key grips, dolly grips and best boys.

It's clear we have a dress manager too, Tanners red white and blue shirt was a beauty.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 01:39 PM
A producer for Hibstv, who is it Aaron Spelling?

Everything looks off the cuff, that's why it's so stiff, i think you think we have a budget way above what it is, next you will be telling me they have runners, key grips, dolly grips and best boys.

It's clear we have a dress manager too, Tanners red white and blue shirt was a beauty.

You think Tanner writes what he’s going to say himself? Highly doubtful. What’s on his paper will have been written by our communications team I’d imagine.

CMurdoch
06-03-2021, 06:02 PM
They should get Kris Boyd to read the advertising. He has previous experience of selling mattresses in North America.
That would free up Tanner Partridge and his hair dye to concentrate on the show.

Vault Boy
06-03-2021, 06:22 PM
"Congratulations Rangers - they’re uncatchable now!
The fans waited a decade for 55 & deserve a party.
These scenes are good natured - no sharks harmed - but an open goal for those in govt who have no time for football.
Said it about the Green Brigade: rules also apply to ultras."

Jeezo. I've not been too keen to jump in on this thread, as I think a couple of the more personal comments cross the line, but Tanner's latest tweet is a shocker IMO. When you consider the way he slaughtered Celtic fans for doing a similar thing at Hampden, it's very hypocritical.

Acting as an apologist for their behaviour during the pandemic is not wise in the slightest. Doing it whilst being paid by Hibs just rubs some salt in the wound.

Iggy Pope
06-03-2021, 06:27 PM
"Congratulations Rangers - they’re uncatchable now!
The fans waited a decade for 55 & deserve a party.
These scenes are good natured - no sharks harmed - but an open goal for those in govt who have no time for football.
Said it about the Green Brigade: rules also apply to ultras."

Jeezo. I've not been too keen to jump in on this thread, as I think a couple of the more personal comments cross the line, but Tanner's latest tweet is a shocker IMO. When you consider the way he slaughtered Celtic fans for doing a similar thing at Hampden, it's very hypocritical. Apologist.

He won’t have written that! Someone will have written it for him surely.

I tell you something, there’s maybe a few a bit ambivalent towards what he puts up on social media and put the complaining down to an irrational dislike of Huns....but can you imagine the reaction on here if Hearts were his team and he published guff about them whilst in an active role at Hibs?
Get him off the telly.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2021, 06:28 PM

I tell you something, there’s maybe a few a bit ambivalent towards what he puts up on social media and put the complaining down to an irrational dislike of Huns....but can you imagine the reaction on here if Hearts were his team and he published guff about them whilst in an active role at Hibs?
Get him off the telly.
:top marks

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:31 PM

Get him off the telly.

He does post about Hearts, likes and retweets their team lines and news etc. He’s a Scottish football reporter (with TalkSPORT, no idea the right term) it’s his job.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2021, 06:33 PM
He does post about Hearts, likes and retweets their team lines and news etc. He’s a Scottish football reporter (with TalkSPORT, no idea the right term) it’s his job.

Hun apologist.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:34 PM
Hun apologist.

When tweeting about st Johnstone, Celtic, hearts, Hibs, plenty other Scottish sides? Interesting.

Iggy Pope
06-03-2021, 06:35 PM

Retweeting a team line isn’t even comparable with this current tripe. He’s not behaving like a ‘reporter’, not like I understand one to work anyway. Did he tweet anything about Hearts when they pumped us out the cup?

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:38 PM
Retweeting a team line isn’t even comparable with this current tripe. He’s not behaving like a ‘reporter’, not like I understand one to work anyway. Did he tweet anything about Hearts when they pumped us out the cup?

He did indeed tweet at the time congratulating them.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2021, 06:55 PM

Another reason to tell him to GTF, christ they are stacking up now.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 06:59 PM
Another reason to tell him to GTF, christ they are stacking up now.

Indeed, strangely very quiet on here when he tweeted congratulating Celtic on winning the Scottish cup in December.

jeffers
06-03-2021, 07:02 PM
Indeed, strangely very quiet on here when he tweeted congratulating Celtic on winning the Scottish cup in December.

Given who they beat its hardly surprising. I’d imagine 99% of posters on here agreed with him.

BegbieHSC
06-03-2021, 07:05 PM
I’d tolerated him until now, but after his latest tweet about the sticky buns, get him replaced on Hibs tv. Disgrace!

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 07:06 PM
Given who they beat its hardly surprising. I’d imagine 99% of posters on here agreed with him.

Plenty agree with him if he’d rather Rangers won the league over Celtic this year, doesn’t stop thread after thread about him. If he’s only to tweet about Hibs and not congratulate any other Scottish side then it doesn’t matter the circumstances.

jeffers
06-03-2021, 07:12 PM
Plenty agree with him if he’d rather Rangers won the league over Celtic this year, doesn’t stop thread after thread about him. If he’s only to tweet about Hibs and not congratulate any other Scottish side then it doesn’t matter the circumstances.

Maybe things have changed, but in almost 50 years supporting Hibs one constant has been the universal hatred for the Huns and everything they stand for. I do mean hate, not dislike. I will never be happy having one present a Hibs TV show, especially one who is so poor at his role.

I don’t really care what he tweets, I do care that he is a Hun and happily admit to being small minded when it comes to them.

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Maybe things have changed, but in almost 50 years supporting Hibs one constant has been the universal hatred for the Huns and everything they stand for. I do mean hate, not dislike. I will never be happy having one present a Hibs TV show, especially one who is so poor at his role.

I don’t really care what he tweets, I do care that he is a Hun and happily admit to being small minded when it comes to them.

Each to their own, I couldn’t give two hoots about either them or Celtic. Both cheeks of the same arse but what he does in his other jobs outwith Hibs is entirely up to him. Whether he’s ***** in some opinions or not, he’s nothing but professional when presenting.

jeffers
06-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Each to their own, I couldn’t give two hoots about either them or Celtic. Both cheeks of the same arse but what he does in his other jobs outwith Hibs is entirely up to him. Whether he’s ***** in some opinions or not, he’s nothing but professional when presenting.

We can agree to disagree. If he was professional he’d do his research before spouting inaccuracies.

Sean1875
06-03-2021, 07:24 PM
Get him to ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
06-03-2021, 07:24 PM

Get him off the telly.

Iggy, your good pal, who thinks Ron’s generally happy with the Hibs TV stuff , Bright_hibee will be along soon to defend it!

Doesn’t really help that we have our owner overseas (I’m presuming he’s not in Edinburgh), and no CEO in place to run the club here in Edinburgh,

Hibs are not his plaything. He needs to be here, understand our heritage, and not trust employees who are in the door 5 mins, to make decisions on who should present Hibs TV etc

We are a passionate support, and anyone who knows anything about Hibs, will know who we have a dislike for!!!

There’s no way someone like LD would have employed a Rangers supporting presenter to front Hibs TV/Pass, as she understood the support

PS Wonder when he posted in January that he wanted Jack out, was his own views

hibbysam
06-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Iggy, your good pal, who thinks Ron’s generally happy with the Hibs TV stuff , Bright_hibee will be along soon to defend it!

Doesn’t really help that we have our owner overseas (I’m presuming he’s not in Edinburgh), and no CEO in place to run the club here in Edinburgh,

Hibs are not his plaything. He needs to be here, understand our heritage, and not trust employees who are in the door 5 mins, to make decisions on who should present Hibs TV etc

We are a passionate support, and anyone who knows anything about Hibs, will know who we have a dislike for!!!

There’s no way someone like LD would have employed a Rangers supporting presenter to front Hibs TV/Pass, as she understood the support

PS Wonder when he posted in January that he wanted Jack out, was his own views

I’ve said many times I have no issue with Tanner, but his actions are not going down well with our posters and that’s perfectly understandable

Dempster herself was a Rangers fan, she was also still at the club when Tanner was given the job, therefore I’d imagine she had a big say in it...

Stuart93
06-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Get him to **** away from the club. Hun ****.

Brightside
06-03-2021, 09:40 PM
Get rid now.

Ozyhibby
06-03-2021, 09:51 PM
Tanner should be out just because he’s crap at it.

Ozyhibby
06-03-2021, 09:52 PM
Tanner should be out just because he’s crap at it.

Although once I’m back at the games I won’t give two ***** who presents it.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 09:13 AM

Do you have a link? Indulge my “childishness /lockdown fever” so I can go radge.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 09:16 AM

And crap. Don’t forget crap.

Baldy Foghorn
07-03-2021, 03:55 PM
And crap. Don’t forget crap.

He shous, gets the players names wrong, has a painted on inane grin, and now congratulating his team on Twitter. We are paying this joker!!!! Get him punted.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 04:03 PM
He shous, gets the players names wrong, has a painted on inane grin, and now congratulating his team on Twitter. We are paying this joker!!!! Get him punted.

Teams Baldy, teams. Sam reckons he does a turn for the Hearts as well. There’s no end to his goodwill.

hibbysam
07-03-2021, 04:08 PM
Teams Baldy, teams. Sam reckons he does a turn for the Hearts as well. There’s no end to his goodwill.

We won’t have a HibsTv to watch now that Tanner is sacked, McManus to follow for congratulating them, and Stubbs will be banned from any future involvement for the same misdemeanour.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 04:11 PM
He's starting to irritate me a bit now I have to say.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 04:12 PM
We won’t have a HibsTv to watch now that Tanner is sacked, McManus to follow for congratulating them, and Stubbs will be banned from any future involvement for the same misdemeanour.

Sounds about right. You’re coming round at last.

Iggy Pope
07-03-2021, 04:14 PM
He's starting to irritate me a bit now I have to say.

I’m starting to feel the same. Defending the indefensible really.

SaulGoodman
07-03-2021, 04:33 PM
Comes across as a bit of a prick on Twitter.

1875Sean
07-03-2021, 05:44 PM
Although once I’m back at the games I won’t give two ***** who presents it.

When we are all back at games I don’t think they will have a presenter? Wasn’t Tanner just brought on due to the increase on people watching the game? Does anyone know what was it before for international Hibs subscribers? Did it just cut straight to cliff at the game a bit like what some other clubs do? No studio build up?

Peevemor
07-03-2021, 05:55 PM
When we are all back at games I don’t think they will have a presenter? Wasn’t Tanner just brought on due to the increase on people watching the game? Does anyone know what was it before for international Hibs subscribers? Did it just cut straight to cliff at the game a bit like what some other clubs do? No studio build up?Like you said. Straight to the match, normally just a minute or two before KO.

Billy Whizz
07-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Like you said. Straight to the match, normally just a minute or two before KO.

Would you like to see a studio programme prematch, when fans are allowed back in the grounds

The 90+2
07-03-2021, 05:59 PM
Chuck him in the bin now please. Can someone not the and get Crusty Puss over in Gorgie to try and poach him?

Eyrie
07-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Would you like to see a studio programme prematch, when fans are allowed back in the grounds

It would be one way to use the big screen.

As regards Tanner, I don't normally bother with pre-match and half time is when I head for a cup of tea, so his presence has minimal impact on my viewing experience. I just can't get worked up about him either way.

Peevemor
07-03-2021, 06:13 PM
Would you like to see a studio programme prematch, when fans are allowed back in the groundsI wouldn't be that fussed to be honest. Even now I only watch if I don't have anything else to do (eg. around the house) and half the time I only start watching just before KO.

Once things are back to normal I'd rather see more content during the week. When Andrew Sleight was there we used to get some very good interviews and then Tom Zanelli brought us some brilliant fun stuff.

A mixture of both would be ideal IMO.

In saying that, the recast deal might see more and different content, although unfortunately it isn't available overseas.

madhatter
07-03-2021, 09:05 PM
He is an awful host and has made watching from home even more gruesome at times. He is clearly a Rangers fan and tbh, adding it all together I cannot fathom why he was approached to host the show. Surely there are Hibs supporters in the media business beyond Stott.

He’ll be here the rest of the season but I want to see him out after that. He adds 0 excitement and thinks he is funny.

On a similar note, I don’t think Hibs have done a great job with our virtual season tickets. Very poor value for money. Very few videos and interviews etc. and HibsTV has been pretty dire with Tanner and McManus’ routine negative comments (although normally correct).

Great effort from the support with the podcasts etc. though which have been very welcome.

Pretty Boy
07-03-2021, 09:11 PM
Is Barrie Wilkins latest tweet aimed at Tanner?

A few people seem to have taken it that way but I'm not so sure.

MagicSwirlingShip
07-03-2021, 10:14 PM

The voice of Radio v The face of Hibs TV. Buckled in for this Twitter beef

TheGog
07-03-2021, 10:37 PM

Barrie should have been our man from the get go. Bleeds green and has good relationships with daz etc knows how to do half time stuff with promotional sponsors.

Seems such a obvious choice now

The 90+2
07-03-2021, 11:30 PM
The voice of Radio v The face of Hibs TV. Buckled in for this Twitter beef

Back Barrie any day of the week. Hes hibs through and through.

Shrekko
07-03-2021, 11:44 PM
Back Barrie any day of the week. Hes hibs through and through.

I think he's very like Tanner (style wise) from what I've seen- without being a Hun obviously. Sure we could do better.

The 90+2
08-03-2021, 12:06 AM
I think he's very like Tanner (style wise) from what I've seen- without being a Hun obviously. Sure we could do better.

I see what you’re saying to be honest but I’ve known him for a long long time and he’s hibs. He’s living a dream in his job. Tanners a ****.

hibbysam
08-03-2021, 06:20 AM
Barrie should have been our man from the get go. Bleeds green and has good relationships with daz etc knows how to do half time stuff with promotional sponsors.

Seems such a obvious choice now

Isn’t he the stadium announcer? If so, he can’t do both jobs. He’s still doing his announcing now.

1875Sean
08-03-2021, 09:16 AM
If you think about it we have 2-3 home games this season, can’t see them replacing Tanner between now and then but fingers crossed they look at the fans feedback and if it’s required we can get someone new in for next season

Carheenlea
08-03-2021, 09:31 AM
Tanner’s not really the stereotypical Hun I tend to dislike. Put him in a similar bracket to Graham Spiers as one who is unlikely to be giving it the Billy Boys, Rule Britannia etc.

Can’t say I’m that offended by his congratulatory tweet despite feeling that I should.

Peevemor
08-03-2021, 09:33 AM
Tanner’s not really the stereotypical Hun I tend to dislike. Put him in a similar bracket to Graham Spiers as one who is unlikely to be giving it the Billy Boys, Rule Britannia etc.

Can’t say I’m that offended by his congratulatory tweet despite feeling that I should.

Same for me.

I also find some of the stuff that's been posted pretty disgusting.

Hibs class my arse!

Jones28
08-03-2021, 09:37 AM

There's so much in this world to be pissed off about, a Rangers fan tweeting they've won the title is something I couldn't give a flying **** about, club employee or not. Same with Josh Taylor, who cares?

hibbysam
08-03-2021, 09:55 AM

Exactly, if he’s there he’s there, if he’s not he’s not, I really couldn’t care less what team folk support, everyone’s taken at face value and Tanner’s certainly not done anything to offend me.

Would I rather a Hibs fan with Hibs knowledge, absolutely, if that’s not possible then am I bothered about who it is? Absolutely not.

Vault Boy
08-03-2021, 10:17 AM
I think people are more annoyed about his apologist attitude towards the Rangers fans gathering en masse during a pandemic, especially in contrast to the statements he came out with when Celtic fans did a similar thing on a smaller scale. That's certainly the element I care about. I think his tweet was stupid, hypocritical, and irresponsible.

Personally couldn't give a toss about a Rangers fan and sports broadcaster congratulating the team that won the title.

Del Boy
08-03-2021, 10:53 AM
Get Tanner away to ****

Iggy Pope
08-03-2021, 06:09 PM
Same for me.

Hibs class my arse!

There’s more than a few disgusting things occurred over the weekend but nothing on this thread is any of them.

truehibernian
08-03-2021, 06:18 PM
There’s more than a few disgusting things occurred over the weekend but nothing on this thread is any of them.

Thread hijack but loved your post on John Doolan Iggy - strangely enough I always enjoy and look out for your posts.

If you ever do get tickets for Accrington Stanley, give us a bell :greengrin:aok: reminded me of this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4

Which further reminded me of the time I shared a bizarre conversation about the benefits of astro turf pitches with Ian Rush whilst having a call of nature break in the less then salubrious surroundings of the gents at Mood at the Omni many years ago :faf:

Peevemor
08-03-2021, 06:29 PM
There’s more than a few disgusting things occurred over the weekend but nothing on this thread is any of them.Each to their own.

truehibernian
08-03-2021, 06:34 PM
Each to their own.

You're a good poster Peeve, some I agree with (in the main), some have me baffled, but enjoy reading your outlook on things.

Do you not think it's a bit baffling he (Tanner) came out and condemned Celtic fans this season for turning up in large gatherings to have a go at Lennon, yet seems to brush off yesterday (and today's) antics by The Rangers fans as 'no sharks got harmed' ?

Also - not sure I want someone connected with Hibs, albeit through circumstance and the club's decision to appoint him (as the face of Hibs TV), being so partisan about another club's success. Just my humble opinion.

Iggy Pope
08-03-2021, 06:35 PM
Thread hijack but loved your post on John Doolan Iggy - strangely enough I always enjoy and look out for your posts.

If you ever do get tickets for Accrington Stanley, give us a bell :greengrin:aok: reminded me of this......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pieK7b4KLL4

Which further reminded me of the time I shared a bizarre conversation about the benefits of astro turf pitches with Ian Rush whilst having a call of nature break in the less then salubrious surroundings of the gents at Mood at the Omni many years ago :faf:

The Mrs and I chanced upon the game. It was v Lincoln and I was working down there the weekend.
He was putting the team through their paces pre-match and I made my way down the front and shouted him over. He spent a good 5 mins talking about the Hibs, posed for a photo, gave me his number and insisted I got in touch when I was down again. Top man.
I text him only yesterday him to tell him there was a Hun at the helm of HibsTV :greengrin
Thread double hijacked.

truehibernian
08-03-2021, 06:38 PM
The Mrs and I chanced upon the game. It was v Lincoln and I was working down there the weekend.
He was putting the team through their paces pre-match and I made my way down the front and shouted him over. He spent a good 5 mins talking about the Hibs, posed for a photo, gave me his number and insisted I got in touch when I was down again. Top man.
I text him only yesterday him to tell him there was a Hun at the helm of HibsTV :greengrin
Thread double hijacked.

Yer a legend :greengrin:aok:

Still recall the Tollcross chat ages ago :faf: stay safe my friend, and keep posting yer musings on life :aok:

Iggy Pope
08-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Yer a legend :greengrin:aok:

Still recall the Tollcross chat ages ago :faf: stay safe my friend, and keep posting yer musings on life :aok:

Look up the Paninaro mag thread.
We are not alone it seems in out Tollcross thoughts.

TCR!

https://i.ibb.co/hRzfXWK/0-DBD955-C-C9-F9-4-AB9-BFC1-43-B05442-B312.jpg

truehibernian
08-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Look up the Paninaro mag thread.
We are not alone it seems in out Tollcross thoughts.

TCR!

https://i.ibb.co/hRzfXWK/0-DBD955-C-C9-F9-4-AB9-BFC1-43-B05442-B312.jpg

Don't, I'm tearing up remembering Coasters, Tokyo Joe's, and my first introduction to Yogi at the Hooch :faf: still hanker for Goldbergs rising from the ashes like a glorious Edinburgh phoenix from the flames........the flames being provided by Tokyo Joe's :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-03-2021, 06:51 PM
Same for me.

Hibs class my arse!
Same. I have nothing against Tanner; he seems a nice enough bloke, and I think he's okay as a broadcaster.

Peevemor
08-03-2021, 06:56 PM
You're a good poster Peeve, some I agree with (in the main), some have me baffled, but enjoy reading your outlook on things.

Do you not think it's a bit baffling he (Tanner) came out and condemned Celtic fans this season for turning up in large gatherings to have a go at Lennon, yet seems to brush off yesterday (and today's) antics by The Rangers fans as 'no sharks got harmed' ?

Also - not sure I want someone connected with Hibs, albeit through circumstance and the club's decision to appoint him (as the face of Hibs TV), being so partisan about another club's success. Just my humble opinion.TBH, outwith what he does for Hibs TV, I'm not interested enough in what he has to say to seek out what he's tweeting or whatever.

I haven't commented at all on the hun celebrations yesterday as I haven't checked out what went on and, to be honest, I'm not that interested.

The fact that Tanner's a hun isn't ideal but it doesn't bother me more than that. I can live with "the match" and I've also listened to his podcast a couple of times, including the Budgie interviews. I think he genuinely has a wee soft spot for Hibs.

It's the "Tanner's a ****" stuff that I don't like at all. There are a fair number of ****s in the public eye and personally I don't think Tanner's one of them.

truehibernian
08-03-2021, 07:03 PM
TBH, outwith what he does for Hibs TV, I'm not interested enough in what he has to say to seek out what he's tweeting or whatever.

I haven't commented at all on the hun celebrations yesterday as I haven't checked out what went on and, to be honest, I'm not that interested.

The fact that Tanner's a hun isn't ideal but it doesn't bother me more than that. I can live with "the match" and I've also listened to his podcast a couple of times, including the Budgie interviews. I think he genuinely has a wee soft spot for Hibs.

It's the "Tanner's a ****" stuff that I don't like at all. There are a fair number of ****s in the public eye and personally I don't think Tanner's one of them.

Fair enough :aok: he's been in the TV game a long time and has that almost 'anglofied' approach to presenting - no doubt he is professional and polished at what he does, can't disagree that he is good at what he does (at presenting). And in Covid times, a gig is a gig.

I just find his social media content as almost being a 'come and get me' plea, and when he is being paid by Hibs, he should be a bit more reserved in his postings.

His podcasts with Deek and Colin Cameron are good have to say - far better than what he does on Hibs TV. Derek is brilliant on them, as is Cameron to be fair.

Bangkok Hibby
11-03-2021, 12:51 PM
Just resigned citing abuse from Hibs fans whilst walking his dog.

dar
11-03-2021, 12:57 PM

It was done on a fake twitter account.

Onceinawhile
11-03-2021, 12:57 PM

Where are you seeing that?

Bangkok Hibby
11-03-2021, 12:58 PM
It was done on a fake twitter account.

Thats why I cant find it again then 😀

dar
11-03-2021, 01:00 PM
Where are you seeing that?

https://twitter.com/DavidTanner1690

Peevemor
11-03-2021, 01:03 PM

:faf: I think that might be fake.

Bangkok Hibby
11-03-2021, 01:08 PM
Thats definitely not where I saw it but accept its bollocks. Think I saw it on Hibs live on FB.

Billy Whizz
11-03-2021, 01:11 PM

I think the number at the end is the give away

Peevemor
11-03-2021, 01:17 PM
I think the number at the end is the give away

... and has job description.

theonlywayisup
11-03-2021, 01:33 PM
I really do find it ridiculous that some people can get so worked up about David Tanner. In the grand scheme of things, I neither like him nor loathe him. Some of the comments flying around are out of order!

Frazerbob
11-03-2021, 02:25 PM
I really do find it ridiculous that some people can get so worked up about David Tanner. In the grand scheme of things, I neither like him nor loathe him. Some of the comments flying around are out of order!

Precisely. Some of the stuff I’m reading from grown men is embarrassing.