PDA

View Full Version : Strip for Saturday

DanishJohn
19-01-2021, 11:12 AM
Apologies if already covered,but anyone know what strip we will be wearing on Saturday?

I hope it's the HSL yellow one.
Just seems we play better when we are wearing that !

Since452
19-01-2021, 11:23 AM
Apologies if already covered,but anyone know what strip we will be wearing on Saturday?

I hope it's the HSL yellow one.
Just seems we play better when we are wearing that !

I was just thinking about this very thing earlier. I'd like us to wear the yellow one for the same reason.

Vault Boy
19-01-2021, 11:25 AM
No idea what strip we'll be using, but I do think that sometimes the little things matter.

When playing football I've always found it easier when my team are wearing a brightly coloured, highly contrasting strip. Just makes those passes on the peripheral and first time balls easier to get right. It can't hurt, even at professional level. Especially if the weather isn't great.

gbhibby
19-01-2021, 12:36 PM
Thought we did well when we had the all white kit.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2021, 12:37 PM
St Johnstone are the home team, so presume they'll play in their home kit

we are hibs
19-01-2021, 12:39 PM
Both teams should be in their home kit. There is no colour clash.

Magpie
19-01-2021, 12:53 PM
We played in green away to them earlier in the season so I assume that is what we will go with.

Billy Whizz
19-01-2021, 12:58 PM
We played in green away to them earlier in the season so I assume that is what we will go with.

We did with white shirts, and black and green socks
They wore blue too white shorts, blue stripped socks

superfurryhibby
19-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Both teams should be in their home kit. There is no colour clash.

Agreed, green and white will always do for me.

ancient hibee
19-01-2021, 01:54 PM
I think the yellow strip is hideous.

weecounty hibby
19-01-2021, 02:03 PM
Green body, white sleeves, white shorts, green socks. Absolute classic and no need to stray from that v a team who play in blue! Yes I am an old traditionalist

Keith_M
19-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Green versus Blue. No need to change strip

Greenbeard
20-01-2021, 08:52 AM
Unless the ref is blue/green colour blind!

EDIT: but if he is and he has always seen blue as green and green as blue then what he knows to be blue is actually green to the rest of us and what he knows as green is actually blue to the rest of us so it shouldn't make any difference. Confused.com? Maybe both teams should change just to be safe.

Lancs Harp
20-01-2021, 09:59 AM
When I saw the title of this thread "strip for Saturday" I thought it was HSL's latest fund raiser.

Im currently sat in my front room in my Calvin Klein bawbags typing this message.

Jones28
20-01-2021, 10:35 AM
Green and white. Always.

It would've been weird watching us win the Scottish Cup in that purple kit.

Hibee Mac
20-01-2021, 10:39 AM
Our first two results in the yellow HSL strip were really bad if my memory serves me, only very recently that we've had a result or two in it.

matty_f
20-01-2021, 10:41 AM
The HSL one would be a nice touch given the campaign, but always love to see us line up in green and white, personally.

Keith_M
20-01-2021, 10:55 AM

EDIT: but if he is and he has always seen blue as green and green as blue then what he knows to be blue is actually green to the rest of us and what he knows as green is actually blue to the rest of us so it shouldn't make any difference. Confused.com? Maybe both teams should change just to be safe.

That gave me a headache

:rolleyes:

heid the baw
20-01-2021, 11:01 AM

When we played Raith rovers away a few seasons ago with the bottle green strip, they were in blue with white partial sleeves. I was struggling to make out who was who. Maybe just my auld eyes

Keith_M
20-01-2021, 11:12 AM
When we played Raith rovers away a few seasons ago with the bottle green strip, they were in blue with white partial sleeves. I was struggling to make out who was who. Maybe just my auld eyes

I think that's a fair enough comment, as a lot of people said that at the time. I think in general, though, a blue strip doesn't clash with Hibs' home shirt.

Imagine being someone that had blue/green colour blindness in the days before strict segregation and trying to go in the right end at an Old Firm game....

matty_f
20-01-2021, 11:18 AM

I was the same, I can tell them apart but there wasn't a massive difference.

thebakerboy
20-01-2021, 11:20 AM
The colour blind association has been complaining in England about teams playing in green and blue or red and green . But I think a cup semi we should be in green and white.

The dalmeny
20-01-2021, 11:25 AM
The colour blind association has been complaining in England about teams playing in green and blue or red and green . But I think a cup semi we should be in green and white.

wasn’t it a thing once that teams had to be light or dark so there wasn’t a confusion on B&W tv?

Vault Boy
20-01-2021, 11:29 AM
When I saw the title of this thread "strip for Saturday" I thought it was HSL's latest fund raiser.

Im currently sat in my front room in my Calvin Klein bawbags typing this message.

Save that for the #NakedNovember campaign

Diclonius
20-01-2021, 11:36 AM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Greenbeard
20-01-2021, 12:03 PM
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
That gave me a headache.

DanishJohn
20-01-2021, 12:46 PM

Never thought of that when I posted it !:top marks

I am a traditionalist and I don't think there is a strip anywhere in the world that comes near our strip.
However, football players and managers/coaches do seem be at times a tad superstitious and they sometimes have a "lucky" strip or "lucky" bawbags or coming out the tunnel last etc.

I just hope when they pull the strip on they feel like a winner.
:flag:

Keith_M
20-01-2021, 12:52 PM

Could somebody translate that for me please?

:greengrin

04Sauzee
20-01-2021, 12:54 PM

Not me,not sure abiut anyone else 😁

EI255
20-01-2021, 01:15 PM
Both teams should be in their home kit. There is no colour clash.Unlike the stupid colour clash between Liverpool and Manchester United the other day.

.Sean.
20-01-2021, 06:34 PM
We have one of the most instantly recognisable kits in world football and as such should always be in it if there is no colour clash.

That and our yellow kits are always stinking, I really don’t like them.

Eyrie
20-01-2021, 07:19 PM
Green with white sleeves every time for me.

Don't mind the yellow third kit this season on the players, but it's not something I'd ever wear.

I think that's a fair enough comment, as a lot of people said that at the time. I think in general, though, a blue strip doesn't clash with Hibs' home shirt.

Imagine being someone that had blue/green colour blindness in the days before strict segregation and trying to go in the right end at an Old Firm game....
There's a Billy Connolly story about that, without the colour blindness.

mcohibs
20-01-2021, 07:57 PM
I remember hearing a few seasons back that the players preferred playing in that luminous yellow kit we had as it was easier to pick out. I do like a yellow hibs kit but not a fan of this season's effort I have to say.

I wonder who makes the final call on what strip we should wear for each game? Couldn't care what we wear so long as we win!

Lancs Harp
20-01-2021, 08:10 PM
I remember hearing a few seasons back that the players preferred playing in that luminous yellow kit we had as it was easier to pick out. I do like a yellow hibs kit but not a fan of this season's effort I have to say.

I wonder who makes the final call on what strip we should wear for each game? Couldn't care what we wear so long as we win!

Im the opposite of that. Generally not a fan of yellow kits but like our strip this season ........ because my name's on it. :wink:

worcesterhibby
20-01-2021, 09:31 PM

completely agree, good post.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2021, 09:38 PM
If we can wear green, which we have in the last 2 semi finals vs them, then that's what we should wear.

I don't mind wearing a 2nd or 3rd strip randomly away to Motherwell or whatever but in big game like derbies, semi finals and finals we should always be in green when it's possible.

lord bunberry
20-01-2021, 09:43 PM
I think it’s time we just always have a yellow second strip. The last few away strips must be the most under worn strips in our history. Have we even worn the away strip this season?

Allez Hibs
20-01-2021, 09:47 PM
All green on Saturday with green shorts would be my shout. Think St Johnstone have white shorts.

Pretty Boy
20-01-2021, 09:48 PM
I think it’s time we just always have a yellow second strip. The last few away strips must be the most under worn strips in our history. Have we even worn the away strip this season?

Celtic away earlier in the season is the only time I can recall.

Think the keeper has worn it more than anyone else.

Pagan Hibernia
20-01-2021, 09:54 PM

no! Purple!

mcohibs
21-01-2021, 01:24 PM
All green on Saturday with green shorts would be my shout. Think St Johnstone have white shorts.

Bring back the green shorts! Loved our kit in the 2007 league cup winning season.

Also, is it just me or do our home kits with Macron look less 'Hibs green' than normal. Our kits with Le Coq Sportif always looked emerald, last couple of seasons looks a lot lighter, especially under the lights 🤔 maybe my eyes

LancsHibs
21-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Love to see the boys run out in the green & white, to me this means Hibs. Always have a feeling of disappointment when we run out in some other colour, especially when there is no need.💚💚