PDA

View Full Version : Celtic FC

Since452
18-01-2021, 03:05 PM
The Covid thread got me thinking about what a strange club they are. The most unoriginal club in world football surely? A club of sloppy seconds if you like.

Things that they boast about but weren't first at...

A club set up for the underprivileged Irish community in their city - Hibs
Green and white hoops - Hibs
YNWA - Liverpool
The huddle - St Mirren
The Poznan - Lech Poznan
Beautiful Sunday - Dundee United

Anything else they've stolen from other clubs as "their own"? There must be another club that inserts random 'H's' into words somewhere. Weird https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAWAJECAAAAAP//AAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQJAAACACwAAAAADwAWAAAERFAIICWtd2p9ad5WBX6kaJ5iiaE sCrwv wY0Had1bmN639mA2izgEQaBxp5yqMwxm0iocGKETalE3TFzXJq exE8KJo4AACH5BAkAAAIALAAAAAAPABYAAARCUAggJa13an1p3 lYFfqRonmiqribgpm4gy68IzDiN5XxH3z8dMBALGnm5IhKnXB6 dxMnMRZ1aaEnddfmZDH8wajcCACH5BAkAAAIALAAABwAPAA8AA AQxUEgJap1Y1MD5xUAnelM4jgDlmcHWap3bsvIp1vaao z 0haaqoUiDW0pUG WKQUzEQAh QQJAAACACwAAAAADwAWAAAEP1AIIKu19N6sNd9YJ4bV940joKq iGrwvi8F0XNZ4BsQ7b/cBl2 IqwmLtCOSuAxOYKujLma0SYC5DTZ4KkUvEQAh QQJAAACACwAAAMADwATAAAEOVAIIKulNuuKZZ9buAEkGZJBmpq X6q7cK2PAWtvwHaB4L7 8nyso9BV3E1UpSFsBYZ7iZ6KznZaZCAA7.

Cat Stanton
18-01-2021, 03:09 PM
The Covid thread got me thinking about what a strange club they are. The most unoriginal club in world football surely? A club of sloppy seconds if you like.

YNWA - Liverpool
The huddle - St Mirren
The Poznan - Lech Poznan

Anything else they've stolen from other clubs as "their own"? There must be another club that inserts random 'H's' into words somewhere. Weird https://www.hibs.net/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhDwAWAJECAAAAAP//AAAAAAAAACH/C05FVFNDQVBFMi4wAwEAAAAh QQJAAACACwAAAAADwAWAAAERFAIICWtd2p9ad5WBX6kaJ5iiaE sCrwv wY0Had1bmN639mA2izgEQaBxp5yqMwxm0iocGKETalE3TFzXJq exE8KJo4AACH5BAkAAAIALAAAAAAPABYAAARCUAggJa13an1p3 lYFfqRonmiqribgpm4gy68IzDiN5XxH3z8dMBALGnm5IhKnXB6 dxMnMRZ1aaEnddfmZDH8wajcCACH5BAkAAAIALAAABwAPAA8AA AQxUEgJap1Y1MD5xUAnelM4jgDlmcHWap3bsvIp1vaao z 0haaqoUiDW0pUG WKQUzEQAh QQJAAACACwAAAAADwAWAAAEP1AIIKu19N6sNd9YJ4bV940joKq iGrwvi8F0XNZ4BsQ7b/cBl2 IqwmLtCOSuAxOYKujLma0SYC5DTZ4KkUvEQAh QQJAAACACwAAAMADwATAAAEOVAIIKulNuuKZZ9buAEkGZJBmpq X6q7cK2PAWtvwHaB4L7 8nyso9BV3E1UpSFsBYZ7iZ6KznZaZCAA7.

Anything else they've stolen? Hibs players since 1888.

Allez Hibs
18-01-2021, 03:11 PM
Not mention stealing everything and everyone decent that Hibs have had. From Jock Stein to Pat Stanton to Scott Brown to John Park.

Was delighted they couldn't get John McGinn after trying to bully Hibs into selling him for peanuts.

Since90+2
18-01-2021, 03:18 PM
Not mention stealing everything and everyone decent that Hibs have had. From Jock Stein to Pat Stanton to Scott Brown to John Park.

Was delighted they couldn't get John McGinn after trying to bully Hibs into selling him for peanuts.

I don't think you can say they "stole" Scott Brown from us. We got the best part of £5 million pound between original fee and add ons.

Smartie
18-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Very high opinion of themselves.

This season would be magnificent if it wasn't for the fact that it opens the door to good times for an infinitely more despicable club.

Since452
18-01-2021, 03:21 PM
I don't think you can say they "stole" Scott Brown from us. We got the best part of £5 million pound between original fee and add ons.

Yeah we actually got the going rate for a change. Looking at the number of trophies he's won you could say it was pretty cheap!

speedy_gonzales
18-01-2021, 03:22 PM
[COLOR=#333333][INDENT]The Covid thread got me thinking about what a strange club they are. The most unoriginal club in world football surely? A club of sloppy seconds if you like.

YNWA - Liverpool
The huddle - St Mirren
The Poznan - Lech Poznan

Anything else they've stolen from other clubs as "their own"?

Might be wrong, but I'm sure it was Tony Mowbray that introduced the huddle to Celtic, as read in one of his books?!?

Since452
18-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Might be wrong, but I'm sure it was Tony Mowbray that introduced the huddle to Celtic, as read in one of his books?!?

He probably saw St Mirren players do it and thought it was a good idea

Allez Hibs
18-01-2021, 03:25 PM

We made him, they didn't. Wish Hibs wouldn't do business with the Old Firm. I'd even go a stage further and say the SPFL should deem Celtic buying everyone else's best players as against competition like the NBA do with blocking trades.

Just a shame clubs voted for short term financial gain rather than the greater good of Scottish Football for all clubs, bigger more inclusive league (s). The Copa Del Rey in Spain sees the lower ranked clubs host La Liga and higher ranked sides in ties up till the quarter final stage. So much could be done to make Scottish Football better. Celtic really have ruined it with their greed and selfishness for everyone.

Allez Hibs
18-01-2021, 03:29 PM

Yes, it was Tony Mowbray when he was Celtic captain.

WeeRussell
18-01-2021, 03:32 PM
We made him, they didn't. Wish Hibs wouldn't do business with the Old Firm. I'd even go a stage further and say the SPFL should deem Celtic buying everyone else's best players as against competition like the NBA do with blocking trades.

Just a shame clubs voted for short term financial gain rather than the greater good of Scottish Football for all clubs, bigger more inclusive league. The Copa Del Rey in Spain sees the lower ranked clubs host La Liga and higher ranked sides in ties up till the quarter final stage. So much could be done to make Scottish Football better. Celtic really have ruined it with their greed and selfishness for everyone.

I am all for slating both sides of the old firm at any and every opportunity... but where would we get the majority of our transfers from if we weren't allowed to take from other Scottish clubs?

18-01-2021, 03:34 PM

I'll second that. Their penny pinching has probably cost them 10 in a row.

Allez Hibs
18-01-2021, 03:35 PM
I am all for slating both sides of the old firm at any and every opportunity... but where would we get the majority of our transfers from if we weren't allowed to take from other Scottish clubs?

I meant in examples such as when Celtic who are 30 points clear and Dundee Utd are having a good season and they sign Johnny Russell and GMS which severely weakens Dundee Utd. That's not the spirit of a competitive league, that's a monopoly.

WeeRussell
18-01-2021, 03:39 PM
I meant in examples such as when Celtic who are 30 points clear and Dundee Utd are having a good season and they sign Johnny Russell and GMS which severely weakens Dundee Utd. That's not the spirit of a competitive league, that's a monopoly.

Ah, I get you :aok: Probably quite hard to govern, especially when a lot of signings are with a view to future seasons and other compeitions, but I get what you mean now.

ruskers
18-01-2021, 04:36 PM
Why was the match put back two days to convenience Celtic and against the wishes of their opponents? Why was the quite reasonable request from Hibs for tests on the players that were to play against them refused? Where is the disciplinary investigation into this bourach by the SFA when both St Mirren and Kilmarnock had points docked , the latter when players sat too close to each other at lunch ? But the most serious one is this . Why should taxpayers bear the cost of Celtic furloughing their under-18’s when the club spent upwards of quarter of a million seeking the sun ?
They really are one horrible club .

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2021, 04:59 PM
Celtic were set up to make money from Irish people, not to help them. They are different from us in that regard. They saw our success and realised they had a bigger audience.

EI255
18-01-2021, 05:02 PM
Not wanting to shoot down the poster, but getting a little obsessive are we not?

Think a lot of clubs could claim to have bits and pieces nabbed from them by other clubs.

I'll leave you with a thought...

"We don't care what the animals say...."

?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

CloudSquall
18-01-2021, 05:17 PM
The "more than a club" nonsense lifted from Barcelona.

ancient hibee
18-01-2021, 06:53 PM

Dundee United should have shown a bit of backbone and refused to sell them.

hibbysam
18-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Dundee United should have shown a bit of backbone and refused to sell them.

Said the same at the time. GMS went for buttons as his deal was up at the end of the season, they were close in the league, had celtic to play in both cups (including the league cup final) and it basically wrote off their season. They completely fell to bits in the league and got turfed out both cups.

04Sauzee
18-01-2021, 07:00 PM

Not sure if Russell played for Celtic, maybe Armstrong?

JimBHibees
18-01-2021, 07:01 PM

YNWA - Liverpool
The huddle - St Mirren
The Poznan - Lech Poznan
Beautiful Sunday - Dundee United

More than a club - Barcelona

Dr What If?
18-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Celtic were set up to make money from Irish people, not to help them. They are different from us in that regard. They saw our success and realised they had a bigger audience.
About as accurate a description of Celtic as I have ever read.

Bostonhibby
18-01-2021, 09:52 PM
Someone stole their "I" though.

Or is the Celtc trademark name the only authentic unique thing about them?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210118/3c0e56d8fa93acf02022951edfcaf3ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
18-01-2021, 09:52 PM
Celtic were set up to make money from Irish people, not to help them. They are different from us in that regard. They saw our success and realised they had a bigger audience.[emoji106]

In a nutshell.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
18-01-2021, 10:10 PM
Said the same at the time. GMS went for buttons as his deal was up at the end of the season, they were close in the league, had celtic to play in both cups (including the league cup final) and it basically wrote off their season. They completely fell to bits in the league and got turfed out both cups.

There were stories/rumours about Jackie Mac apparently receiving some sort of ‘bonus’ on players sales around this time, and that’s why he was disliked so badly by Arabs about the time of his departure. Not sure of the full details or how much truth in it.

tamig
18-01-2021, 10:16 PM
I’m a Depeche Mode fan and saw them at the Niteclub at the Playhouse back in 1981 when they were just starting to breakthrough. I was blown away by Just Can’t Get Enough the first time I ever heard it that night along with about 200 others. They stole my song. Celtic *******s.

hibbysam
19-01-2021, 12:15 AM
There were stories/rumours about Jackie Mac apparently receiving some sort of ‘bonus’ on players sales around this time, and that’s why he was disliked so badly by Arabs about the time of his departure. Not sure of the full details or how much truth in it.

He was on a % of sales IIRC.

WeeRussell
20-01-2021, 01:38 PM
He was on a % of sales IIRC.

That'll be it aye :aok:

My old man
20-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Yes, it was Tony Mowbray when he was Celtic captain.

I actually frequented a boozer that was the HQ of the Isle of Man 🇮🇲 Rangers loyal and they always bit when selik did the huddle claiming & I quote “We the people started the huddle only for those tarrers (sp) to claim it is theirs “

GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
20-01-2021, 06:16 PM
Other than wanting them to beat the huns every time they play them, Celtic are an irrelevance to me. They're just another Scottish football club and although they are one of the most successful, there is nothing special about them.

They have always been bad losers and also bad winners and are a very arrogant club. However, the arrogance they have displayed over the Dubai trip is off the scale. They have shown a complete disregard to Hibs, the Scottish people and also their own supporters. The recent rant by Neil Lennon, a guy I've always liked and rated when he was our manager, was crass and the fact that he is still in a job after it tells you all you need to know about Celtic's leadership.