PDA

View Full Version : Scouting in Covid era

Scott Allan Key
16-01-2021, 11:41 PM
Struck me with the ban on supporters in Scottish football, that a major part of the game is scouting players and opposition.

What happens at the moment? Are other clubs not allowed to attend our games? TV doesn't necessarily allow watching an individual player's work rate or tactical nous which is essential to judging their merits. TV's concentration is where the ball is.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

hibbysam
16-01-2021, 11:55 PM
Struck me with the ban on supporters in Scottish football, that a major part of the game is scouting players and opposition.

What happens at the moment? Are other clubs not allowed to attend our games? TV doesn't necessarily allow watching an individual player's work rate or tactical nous which is essential to judging their merits. TV's concentration is where the ball is.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

See attached (if it works) for who is allowed in the grounds.

EI255
17-01-2021, 02:31 PM
Every game I watch on TV there seems to be a lot of people sitting in the stands. Presumably scouts, press etc.

Just how is scouting deemed essential travel?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
17-01-2021, 02:38 PM
Every game I watch on TV there seems to be a lot of people sitting in the stands. Presumably scouts, press etc.

There are a certain amount of scouts allowed at each game
When the season started in August I think 6 were allowed in, not sure what it is now though
It allows coaches to watch their next opponents etc

J-C
17-01-2021, 02:40 PM

Essential when it's part of your job, you're not meant to travel unless your job demands it. If no one in football were allowed to travel games wouldn't be happening.

Peevemor
17-01-2021, 02:51 PM

Sent from my LG-H870 using TapatalkPlayers, etc. included there can be up to 300 people at ER on a match day.