PDA

View Full Version : Name

jacomo
13-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Almost as tedious as the ‘Do you know if...?’ thread titles are the multiple threads that just have a name.

I understand that other fan forums start a new thread when a player joins the first team and keep it running, which makes sense, but right now we seem to have a plethora of new threads which are just repetitive.

Do you really need to start a new one, like I just have?

ancient hibee
13-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Name that tune.

Diclonius
13-01-2021, 06:15 PM
Name

ancient hibee
13-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Name

Wrong.

bigwheel
13-01-2021, 06:18 PM
I’ll name that name in 3

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Almost as tedious as the ‘Do you know if...?’ thread titles are the multiple threads that just have a name.

I understand that other fan forums start a new thread when a player joins the first team and keep it running, which makes sense, but right now we seem to have a plethora of new threads which are just repetitive.

Amen 😉

Keith_M
13-01-2021, 06:20 PM

I didn't!

Billy Whizz
13-01-2021, 06:23 PM
I wonder what would be the longest thread, the best or the worst player m😀

Keith_M
13-01-2021, 06:26 PM
https://rochester.kidsoutandabout.com/sites/default/files/name%20that%20tune.jpg

HoboHarry
13-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Name mair of this s***e.........

Irish_Steve
13-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Mane.......

Viva_Palmeiras
13-01-2021, 06:44 PM
Maybe some sort of title taxonomy straight-jacket needs to be enforced and policed by the admins ;)

Bostonhibby
13-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Maybe some sort of title taxonomy straight-jacket needs to be enforced and policed by the admins ;)[emoji16]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210113/d4d47a7015c78b3a87cb3ecf9204ac99.gif

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Eyrie
13-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Mane.......

Our next signing target?

ancient hibee
13-01-2021, 07:36 PM
Amen 😉

Mean?

Pinkie
13-01-2021, 07:38 PM

I don't post often, but I read this forum pretty much every day, and I think this is a really good idea. Keeps things a bit tidier and when read from start to finish, single threads per player could also provide a compelling narrative on the evolution of supporter opinion on particular players.

A single thread on Joe Newell, for example, would be a good read. Initial enthusiasm, followed by dissolutionment, morphing gradually into 'this boy can actually play a bit'.

A Josh Vela thread would be different, mind you.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-01-2021, 09:28 PM
Mean?

Me? Na.

Sammy7nil
14-01-2021, 09:58 AM
I think it is a great idea to have one thread for each player it allows you to say how opinion changes for year to year or even game to game.

PatHead
14-01-2021, 10:14 AM
I think it is a great idea to have one thread for each player it allows you to say how opinion changes for year to year or even game to game.

Or the Scottish Cup including match day threads. Imagine it from 5 years ago? The lows of Tynecastle, Conrad and Jason in the Semi,11 minutes to go all on one thread!

Perhaps this year we could run one from the draw onwards?

Diclonius
14-01-2021, 10:32 AM
Naem

Keith_M
14-01-2021, 11:16 AM
A nme?

Since452
14-01-2021, 11:21 AM
Or the Scottish Cup including match day threads. Imagine it from 5 years ago? The lows of Tynecastle, Conrad and Jason in the Semi,11 minutes to go all on one thread!

Perhaps this year we could run one from the draw onwards?

Off topic but has anyone got the match day thread from that game at Tynecastle? Would also love to see the kickback version. I've seen theirs and Rangers cup final threads but the bottle job derby would make for magnificent reading.

Monts
14-01-2021, 11:23 AM
I might be in the minority, but I dont think having one long thread for each player would be an improvement. Once threads get to a certain size I tend to dismiss them if I haven't read any of it, as it would take too long to read through it. And I don't think it would stop much repetition, as people would make the same points as they always have. Especially if they haven't read through the whole thread.

Now merging similar threads started at a similar time, or that are active at the same time would work. But if I want to praise a specific aspect of someone's game, or discuss their below par performance, I think starting a thread on that topic is an easy and clear way to do so.

Keith_M
14-01-2021, 11:25 AM
I might be in the minority, but I dont think having one long thread for each player would be an improvement. Once threads get to a certain size I tend to dismiss them if I haven't read any of it, as it would take too long to read through it. And I don't think it would stop much repetition, as people would make the same points as they always have. Especially if they haven't read through the whole thread.

Now merging similar threads started at a similar time, or that are active at the same time would work. But if I want to praise a specific aspect of someone's game, or discuss their below par performance, I think starting a thread on that topic is an easy and clear way to do so.

I'm sorry, you may have made a good point but I got bored half way through the second sentence and stopped reading...

nonshinyfinish
14-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Agreed. I do the same with megathreads, if I can't keep up with them I end up ignoring them.

I get why people dislike new threads about the same players coming up, but it does make it easy to read the currently relevant posts/discussion without having to wade through a massive thread looking for it.

WhileTheChief..
14-01-2021, 02:25 PM

Agreed, it’s lazy and annoying.

I was going to moan about this thread then realised it’s moaning about what I’m moaning about.

The Alan Rough one is a good example. I saw that and immediately thought, aw-naw, another good Hibby has passed away!

DIXIHIBS
14-01-2021, 03:51 PM
Off topic but has anyone got the match day thread from that game at Tynecastle? Would also love to see the kickback version. I've seen theirs and Rangers cup final threads but the bottle job derby would make for magnificent reading.
Couldnt resist looking for match day thread on KB. Its on page 838. Quality lol.