PDA

View Full Version : Supporting hibs

ArmadaleHibs
11-01-2021, 10:18 PM
So we go to dark heed where we haven’t won in ten years, on the back of a bad few weeks for our club. With all the furore and mess of the last few days and what smeltic have created going to Dubai when they clearly shouldn’t have, it’s clear to say it’s been another strange few days in Scottish football. SFA lacking bollocks, Celtic arrogance, all adding up to another bun fest of a week.

We turn up, still a few players short of a full squad due to injuries but the biggest thing I’ve taken from today is that a lot, and I’m going by social media, a lot of hibs fans had us easily set up to pump a weakened smeltic. They were only four players short of their starting 11 at Ibrox last weekend. Still a very hard team to beat at darkheed.

Some of our fans have absolutely no patience and it seems to me they have had us competing for the title in the last few years with some of their statements in regards to the teams recent performances and they also have us down and out at every opportunity before the games even over. We played Celtic away. We didn’t lose, regardless of the smeltic starting 11. But in some (many) it’s not good enough. And some of the vitriol aimed at the players really needs to stop.

We finally have a manager that has matched every other team in the league, in fact bettered them all in terms of points withstanding the old firm. But it’s not good enough for some. Why? Performances won’t be great every week. It never bloody has been. We need to realise that something is being built here that we haven’t seen for a long long time. We are creating something I believe. Slowly but yes. Why all of a sudden is it not good enough. We’ve been pretty average for years so why the sudden outcry. Some of our fans need realisation and they need it quick. Don’t be so quick to put down and rip in.

We are hibs. I’ve watched and been attending home and away for 45 years. This is a good time to SUPPORT our team. A few bad results in another wise good season. Stop the bloody negativity at every opportunity. We’ve never been world beaters so why act like we are.

Tin hat is on, I’m past caring

Ggtth

keep the faith
11-01-2021, 10:24 PM
Great post. I post way less than I ever did on here as the negativity of late sucks the life out you.

I really think we are building something really good with this squad and manager and I'm enjoying the ups and downs of us getting there.

Jones28
11-01-2021, 10:26 PM
Excellent post.

Lancs Harp
11-01-2021, 10:26 PM
So we go to dark heed where we haven’t won in ten years, on the back of a bad few weeks for our club. With all the furore and mess of the last few days and what smeltic have created going to Dubai when they clearly shouldn’t have, it’s clear to say it’s been another strange few days in Scottish football. SFA lacking bollocks, Celtic arrogance, all adding up to another bun fest of a week.

We turn up, still a few players short of a full squad due to injuries but the biggest thing I’ve taken from today is that a lot, and I’m going by social media, a lot of hibs fans had us easily set up to pump a weakened smeltic. They were only four players short of their starting 11 at Ibrox last weekend. Still a very hard team to beat at darkheed.

Some of our fans have absolutely no patience and it seems to me they have had us competing for the title in the last few years with some of their statements in regards to the teams recent performances and they also have us down and out at every opportunity before the games even over. We played Celtic away. We didn’t lose, regardless of the smeltic starting 11. But in some (many) it’s not good enough. And some of the vitriol aimed at the players really needs to stop.

We finally have a manager that has matched every other team in the league, in fact bettered them all in terms of points withstanding the old firm. But it’s not good enough for some. Why? Performances won’t be great every week. It never bloody has been. We need to realise that something is being built here that we haven’t seen for a long long time. We are creating something I believe. Slowly but yes. Why all of a sudden is it not good enough. We’ve been pretty average for years so why the sudden outcry. Some of our fans need realisation and they need it quick. Don’t be so quick to put down and rip in.

We are hibs. I’ve watched and been attending home and away for 45 years. This is a good time to SUPPORT our team. A few bad results in another wise good season. Stop the bloody negativity at every opportunity. We’ve never been world beaters so why act like we are.

Ggtth

Excuse me we were world champions in 1887 and European Cup semi finalists in 1956. :greengrin

ArmadaleHibs
11-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Excuse me we were world champions in 1887 and European Cup semi finalists in 1956. :greengrin

Forgot about that. My bad

Ggtth

Cat Stanton
11-01-2021, 10:30 PM

Ggtth

Well said. There's a bigger picture that so many don't see or ignore in their angry response to a misplaced pass or a couple of sub-par performances.

chrisski33
11-01-2021, 10:31 PM
Tonight doesnt make up for the pishy results against ross county and livingston.

Stuart93
11-01-2021, 10:35 PM
Tonight doesnt make up for the pishy results against ross county and livingston.

Was just about going to post this but never bothered haha.

No sure this would’ve been posted had we not equalised tonight

flash
11-01-2021, 10:36 PM

It doesn't have to.

Cat Stanton
11-01-2021, 10:39 PM

Glad you got the point of the OP so well...

ArmadaleHibs
11-01-2021, 10:41 PM

Your absolutely right, it doesn’t, but this season makes up a bit more than some of the pishy, and I mean pishy with a capital P, seasons we’ve had. Perspective is something our fans seem to have lost. We are so far ahead of the last 20/30 seasons we’ve had, but for some fans it’s just not good enough. We’re finally and signing players that do more. Yes some won’t hack it and they will go, but things are heading in the right direction. We’ve had a handful of slip ups compared to seasons of multiple failures.

Looking forward and up at long last, some fans need to support the team and stop the negativity. Look at some of the social media tonight when we went behind. Ridiculous. We never lost. Do we need to do better. Yes, but we are in the grand scheme

Ggtth

Ryan91
11-01-2021, 10:46 PM

Nobody is saying that, but we're in the midst of our best ever season in the top flight with regards to projected points total.

Perspective is always important

FilipinoHibs
11-01-2021, 10:52 PM
Great post. I post way less than I ever did on here as the negativity of late sucks the life out you.

I really think we are building something really good with this squad and manager and I'm enjoying the ups and downs of us getting there.

Agree. There is massively negativity on Facebook to. I am so pleased with our point. Previous Hibs teams would have conceded again. I post much less regularly because of the negativity and criticism of anything you post. Prior to social media you only hears it in the ground or pub after the game. No the bairns are at 24/7. This is Hibs for the rest of your life. What do expect when the game is dominated financially by two teams? If you can't lump it then for your own mental health find something else to do with your time.

WeeRussell
11-01-2021, 11:41 PM
Agree. There is massively negativity on Facebook to. I am so pleased with our point. Previous Hibs teams would have conceded again. I post much less regularly because of the negativity and criticism of anything you post. Prior to social media you only hears it in the ground or pub after the game. No the bairns are at 24/7. This is Hibs for the rest of your life. What do expect when the game is dominated financially by two teams? If you can't lump it then for your own mental health find something else to do with your time.

I really do recommend coming off social media for anyone giving it some thought. I’m still on Facebook but thinking of giving it the elbow too given the success of my Twitter decision.

You forget how many morons there are out there when you’re not subjected to their attempts at writing their thoughts every day.

basehibby
12-01-2021, 12:06 AM

Ggtth

Great post and I join you in your mood of optimism. I'm almost as long in the tooth as you and have seen the real hard times up close on more than one occasion supporting Hibs. I've seen Hibs teams collapse after a promising start all too often but I don't see that happening this season. Jack's building a good team I think and I fancy us to win a much needed trophy and finish a respectable 4th this season :pray:

flash
12-01-2021, 07:21 AM
Recently on this forum, never mind social media, I have seen the following posted;
The manager who has us challenging for 3rd should be sacked.
This is the worst football ever played by Hibs.
Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.
These are but a few of the hyperbolic drivel we are subjected to on a daily basis.
Nobody was happy with the two recent home defeats but you would think we had gone months without a win if you used the often hysterical reaction on here as a barometer.
We are living in very strange times and personally I feel able to cut the players and manager a fair bit of slack as they are not working in conditions conducive to producing their best.
We have a semi final very shortly which I am excited about and just wish I could be there with thousands of other Hibbies.
If we can win that we will be in a strong league position and a Cup Final which, as a 53 year old supporter, tends to count as a pretty decent season.

Lancs Harp
12-01-2021, 07:36 AM
My general rule of thumb is not to post straight after or on the evening of a defeat. Its bad enough losing without reading some of the end of the world prognosis on here post match. All for constructive criticism but all too often its just a shoot from the hip over emotional negative response.

Jones28
12-01-2021, 07:38 AM
Recently on this forum, never mind social media, I have seen the following posted;
These are but a few of the hyperbolic drivel we are subjected to on a daily basis.
Nobody was happy with the two recent home defeats but you would think we had gone months without a win if you used the often hysterical reaction on here as a barometer.
We are living in very strange times and personally I feel able to cut the players and manager a fair bit of slack as they are not working in conditions conducive to producing their best.
We have a semi final very shortly which I am excited about and just wish I could be there with thousands of other Hibbies.
If we can win that we will be in a strong league position and a Cup Final which, as a 53 year old supporter, tends to count as a pretty decent season.

Well said Flash. Agree with every word.

Since452
12-01-2021, 07:43 AM

Ggtth

Put it better than i could. 100% agree. Sick of it to be honest. I thought the club, the players and Jack Ross stood up to be counted last night in horrendous circumstances and i was immensely proud of them.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 07:47 AM

I very much doubt you’ve saw any of the first 3 things said on here.

Possibly in the heat of the moment someone has said Ross should go but other than that I could say with a degree of certainty you’ve not saw anyone say this is the worst football ever played by Hibs or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.

To make a statement like that and then go on to talk about the hyperbolic drivel you read on here is quite ironic really.

Since452
12-01-2021, 07:49 AM

Possibly in the heat of the moment someone has said Ross should go but other than that I could say with a degree of certainty you’ve not saw anyone say this is the worst football ever played by Hibs or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings ever.

To make a statement like that and then go on to talk about the hyperbolic drivel you read on here is quite ironic really.

Really?

flash
12-01-2021, 07:52 AM

Take a day off ffs. It's like you can't read a positive post without jumping all over it.

Since452
12-01-2021, 07:54 AM
I often wonder if folk lump big on Hibs. It's the only way i can explain the reaction to losing goals like last night. Look back on the match thread. "embarrassing", "pathetic", "woeful" were all words that were used. Despite the fact that we had 16 shots and 10 corners at Celtic Park for probably the first time in my lifetime. Maybe social media isn't for me. Just find the reactions ridiculous. Think i'll take a break for a while. Absolutely sick of the negativity.

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 07:55 AM

Well said Flash. Agree with every word.

Yep - spot on! :top marks

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 07:58 AM
I often wonder if folk lump big on Hibs. It's the only way i can explain the reaction to losing goals like last night. Look back on the match thread. "embarrassing", "pathetic", "woeful" were all words that were used. Despite the fact that we had 16 shots and 10 corners at Celtic Park for probably the first time in my lifetime. Maybe social media isn't for me. Just find the reactions ridiculous.

My favourite was a few weeks ago when someone described a Doidge attempt on goal as "disgusting".

FilipinoHibs
12-01-2021, 08:10 AM
I really do recommend coming off social media for anyone giving it some thought. I’m still on Facebook but thinking of giving it the elbow too given the success of my Twitter decision.

You forget how many morons there are out there when you’re not subjected to their attempts at writing their thoughts every day.

Yes only in Twitter for off the ball. On Facebook to keep in touch with family back home and widely used to share information with family here in the Philippines. His net good for transfer news and reviews of games or when live game going on.

We have all seen the bams at ER loose the plot when things don't go well at ER. Now they are on social media.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:11 AM
Take a day off ffs. It's like you can't read a positive post without jumping all over it.

So did you actually read those things or not? :confused:

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:12 AM
Really?

Really.

I can definitely say that I’ve never seen anyone say this is the worst football Hibs have EVER played or that Drey Wright is one of Hibs worst EVER signings.

FilipinoHibs
12-01-2021, 08:12 AM
I often wonder if folk lump big on Hibs. It's the only way i can explain the reaction to losing goals like last night. Look back on the match thread. "embarrassing", "pathetic", "woeful" were all words that were used. Despite the fact that we had 16 shots and 10 corners at Celtic Park for probably the first time in my lifetime. Maybe social media isn't for me. Just find the reactions ridiculous. Think i'll take a break for a while. Absolutely sick of the negativity.

Yes most relaxed I have been watching Hibs at Celtic Park for over 50 years.

flash
12-01-2021, 08:14 AM

Sure did.

Carheenlea
12-01-2021, 08:15 AM
Enjoyed reading that from ArmadaleHibs :flag:

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:16 AM
Sure did.

Sure you did :aok:

People are desperate to dress Hibs.net up as some sort of hotbed of negativity. Hyperbole after each negative result is the cry.

To then go and try and make that point by pretending you’ve read extremely negative things that you haven’t actually read is quite funny really.

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 08:17 AM
Really.

I can definitely say that I’ve never seen anyone say this is the worst football Hibs have EVER played or that Drey Wright is one of Hibs worst EVER signings.

Myself and others have definitely responded to those sort of comments over the past couple of months.

Maybe you don't notice them given your own far from positive outlook.

flash
12-01-2021, 08:18 AM

People are desperate to dress Hibs.net up as some sort of hotbed of negativity. Hyperbole after each negative result is the cry.

To then go and try and make that point by pretending you’ve read extremely negative things that you haven’t actually read is quite funny really.

You are absolutely relentless in your quest to drain this forum of any positivity whatsoever.
You have also just accused me of lying.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:20 AM
You are absolutely relentless in your quest to drain this forum of any positivity whatsoever.
You have also just accused me of lying.

There’s not a post on this forum saying the things you said you’ve read.

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 08:21 AM

You're wrong.

flash
12-01-2021, 08:21 AM

OK will leave it there.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:24 AM
You're wrong.

Nope.

I would ask you to show me posts declaring this to be the worst football Hibs have ever played or that Drey Wright is one of our worst ever signings but I know they won’t be there so I’ll not bother.

lord bunberry
Someone said on the match day thread that the midfield last night was the worst he’d ever seen in his life, this was before the game kicked off. Go on the Jack Ross thread and you’ll see plenty people want him sacked.

Keith_M

I think you need to step away from your phone/laptop, as this is becoming quite disturbing.

bigwheel
12-01-2021, 08:26 AM

I would say there’s at least a few posters (maybe more) who have posted saying that Ross should go in the last month or so..There’s one poster mind you (can’t recall username) who has been doing it from when he was appointed..

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 08:26 AM
Nope.

I would ask you to show me posts declaring this to be the worst football Hibs have ever played or that Drey Wright is one of our worst ever signings but I know they won’t be there so I’ll not bother.

I can't be arsed and I don't have the time. The "worst football" comment has definitely been made and more than once. I really don't care if you don't believe me.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:28 AM
Someone said on the match day thread that the midfield last night was the worst he’d ever seen in his life, this was before the game kicked off. Go on the Jack Ross thread and you’ll see plenty people want him sacked.

That’s not one of the things that was mentioned in the post by Flash. The post you’ve quoted is of course nonsense as it’s nowhere near the worst midfield we’ve ever had.

With regards to the Jack Ross thread, I don’t see anything like what you’re seeing.. the thread started off with someone running out of patience which doesn’t really equate to actively wanting him sacked and that’s about it :confused:

bigwheel
12-01-2021, 08:30 AM
I can't be arsed and I don't have the time. The "worst football" comment has definitely been made and more than once. I really don't care if you don't believe me.

yep, that tone about our football has been on a number of posts on this forum....

hibbie02
12-01-2021, 08:33 AM
Last night was the first time I have been able to sit ant watch Hibs v the OF in a state of relative calm and sobriety in many years. I also refused to look at this place so I could be objective and enjoy the match.

For long periods of the game we were dominant and at other times, we looked lost. No change there. I particularly watched the players often slated here. To a degree I can see where some of the negativity comes from, but as a fan of over 50 years, I can assure you I have seen much worse.

I am not entirely convinced by JR's football style but it has improved our position in the league and if we had the players to turn on the class, I am sure he would have them doing it. With what we have available, we are not going to set the heather on fire YET, but we are getting there (apart from the occasional cock up). I so no reason at all for some of the negativity on here. I am pretty sure if we went a season unbeaten on here, certain people would still be on the players cases.

This place is symptomatic of Social Media where the need to be noticed and instant gratification is all. If people don't get that, they turn feral. At the same time one person's instant gratification is someone else's instant wind up and those 2 sides will never agree. People on social media tend to only want to hear what they like in their own comfort bubble. Once out of that into the wide world where other opinions are aired, it is not so comfortable and then the trolling starts. Social Media was supposed to encourage free speech and communication, but will be the death of it. Trump is the proof.

lord bunberry
12-01-2021, 08:37 AM
That’s not one of the things that was mentioned in the post by Flash. The post you’ve quoted is of course nonsense as it’s nowhere near the worst midfield we’ve ever had.

With regards to the Jack Ross thread, I don’t see anything like what you’re seeing.. the thread started off with someone running out of patience which doesn’t really equate to actively wanting him sacked and that’s about it :confused:
You’re looking at the wrong Jack Ross thread then, look at the one further down.

Correct. Time to go.

Possibly not but why wait? This can’t be acceptable to Hibs. 4 goals without reply at Easter Road!

Either he goes or he empties the players.

His football is eye bleeding. Can’t stand watching his sides in general. His set ups at home are weird.

The sooner he’s gone the better for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Ross is tactically inept . Been proven .

Not a fan and I think another manager could do a lot better with this group of players.

Yes were 4th, but the rest of the league is poorer than usual and we played poor in many of the games we won.

I actually think it may be time for him to go. Can't lose like Wednesday, react like today and expect to keep job. 4 home games and we've won 1.

Ross is incapable of turning a game, his half time team talks have zero effect, if anything Hibs come out even worse in 2nd half of games, failure to win the league cup (now unlikely) and he can go for me.

​

Jones28
12-01-2021, 08:38 AM

The reaction after the last 2 results was warranted to an extent, but some of the negativity following the results has been way way OTT.

Like with most things, there are those that think 1, those that think 10 and those in the middle when the reality is that there's a middle ground between the extremes.

I am not pretending I've read OTT negative viewpoints because I have read them.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:44 AM
You’re looking at the wrong Jack Ross thread then, look at the one further down.

​

Apologies, I presumed you were talking about the more recent one.

As I said, possibly in the heat of the moment people have wanted him sacked but once that’s calmed down I don’t really recall seeing many if any posts suggesting it.

The suggestion people have said this is the worst footballing Hibs side or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings in our history - I’m fairly certain neither of them have been posted on here.

Kato
12-01-2021, 08:45 AM
I’m fairly certain

Clears that up then.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 08:46 AM
The reaction after the last 2 results was warranted to an extent, but some of the negativity following the results has been way way OTT.

Like with most things, there are those that think 1, those that think 10 and those in the middle when the reality is that there's a middle ground between the extremes.

I am not pretending I've read OTT negative viewpoints because I have read them.

Absolutely, don’t disagree with any of that. There’ll definitely be OTT views at both ands of the scale.

The suggestion this place is a hotbed of negativity is also hugely OTT though imo.

lord bunberry
12-01-2021, 08:48 AM

As I said, possibly in the heat of the moment people have wanted him sacked but once that’s calmed down I don’t really recall seeing many if any posts suggesting it.

The suggestion people have said this is the worst footballing Hibs side or that Drey Wright is one of our worst signings in our history - I’m fairly certain neither of them have been posted on here.
I can’t say I’ve seen either of the last two either but it wouldn’t surprise me, Wright has been pretty pish so far. :greengrin

G15 Hibs
12-01-2021, 08:48 AM
This place is symptomatic of Social Media where the need to be noticed and instant gratification is all. If people don't get that, they turn feral. At the same time one person's instant gratification is someone else's instant wind up and those 2 sides will never agree. People on social media tend to only want to hear what they like in their own comfort bubble. Once out of that into the wide world where other opinions are aired, it is not so comfortable and then the trolling starts.

This is the most sensible thing I've read here

Since452
12-01-2021, 08:57 AM
Last night was the first time I have been able to sit ant watch Hibs v the OF in a state of relative calm and sobriety in many years. I also refused to look at this place so I could be objective and enjoy the match.

For long periods of the game we were dominant and at other times, we looked lost. No change there. I particularly watched the players often slated here. To a degree I can see where some of the negativity comes from, but as a fan of over 50 years, I can assure you I have seen much worse.

I am not entirely convinced by JR's football style but it has improved our position in the league and if we had the players to turn on the class, I am sure he would have them doing it. With what we have available, we are not going to set the heather on fire YET, but we are getting there (apart from the occasional cock up). I so no reason at all for some of the negativity on here. I am pretty sure if we went a season unbeaten on here, certain people would still be on the players cases.

This place is symptomatic of Social Media where the need to be noticed and instant gratification is all. If people don't get that, they turn feral. At the same time one person's instant gratification is someone else's instant wind up and those 2 sides will never agree. People on social media tend to only want to hear what they like in their own comfort bubble. Once out of that into the wide world where other opinions are aired, it is not so comfortable and then the trolling starts. Social Media was supposed to encourage free speech and communication, but will be the death of it. Trump is the proof.

Great post

Blaster
12-01-2021, 08:58 AM

Only 53 😉

Pagan Hibernia
12-01-2021, 08:59 AM
I like Jack Ross and I think given time his era will be looked back on very fondly. I’m fairly relaxed about us in the league this season. We will be top 4 and there’s a league cup to be won.

that said, I’d like to see a more distinctive style of play developing. And the frustration is that we’re never more than a few weeks away from a disaster like the last two home games.

madhatter
12-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Like sentiment in post but we are all on a spectrum when it comes to supporting the club. Think over the piece fans are fairly happy with the results but looking at our home form there are a few home games where there would possibly have been booing. I suspect one very recent game would’ve had a lot of boos.

That said I don’t boo but doesn’t mean I cannot criticise our manner of play. Quite a few wins have been tight games, I’m glad and thankful we’ve got the result but standard of play needs to be better overall. We’re very passive and seem to be more focussed in dropping into shape, and more annoyingly, from my perspective, seem to struggle to string passes together. Recent games show what can happen when we don’t rigidly stick to our drop into shape approach as well...

This season is hugely important as it has levelled the playing field and gives us good chance of getting 3rd. If we cannot push Aberdeen all the way then I think it is failure and will likely mean we will struggle to compete when COVID goes away. Obviously every dog has its day but we absolutely need to close gap this season.

flash
12-01-2021, 09:00 AM
Only 53 😉

You should have seen my paper round.

Jones28
12-01-2021, 09:03 AM
I like Jack Ross and I think given time his era will be looked back on very fondly. I’m fairly relaxed about us in the league this season. We will be top 4 and there’s a league cup to be won.

that said, I’d like to see a more distinctive style of play developing. And the frustration is that we’re never more than a few weeks away from a disaster like the last two home games.

Its only a disaster in the context of the season though, meaning that 3 losses on the bounce get turned in to a way bigger deal than they actually are because we're having a good season.

Keith_M
12-01-2021, 09:04 AM

Seeing hallberg and wright has already signalled us losing the midfield battle for me

Magennis still out injured? Been an absolute waste of money so far.

Hallberg,Gogic,Wright...got to be one of the worst midfields I’ve ever seen in a hibs jersey.
I don’t care if they are in because of injuries,they should never have been recruited in the first place.
Quantity over quality recruitment

That centre mid trio is terrifying. [emoji22]

Our squad is so short on depth and quality!

I fear the worst for tonight.

Wright is horrendous.

I wonder if he can play at all. :confused:

Drey Wright is guff.

Drey Wright ��

Wright again, brings nothing to our team.

Gullan has just got to be a better option than Wright

Anyone is a better option

So that's the Drey Wright stuff pretty much covered... as well as the negativity before the game even started.

Anything else you want to deny people said?

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2021, 09:07 AM
So that's the Drey Wright stuff pretty much covered... as well as the negativity before the game even started.

Sorrow Sorrow - a glass half empty kinda handle no?

matty_f
12-01-2021, 09:11 AM

I can 100% vouch for Flash's observations there - all of them.

He's spot on.

flash
12-01-2021, 09:14 AM
I can 100% vouch for Flash's observations there - all of them.

He's spot on.

For once......

Hiber-nation
12-01-2021, 09:16 AM
For once......

Apart from using the phrase "hyperbolic drivel" when "pish" would have done :greengrin

Since452
12-01-2021, 09:17 AM
It will be very interesting to see how the form team Livingston with 6 or 7 wins on the bounce fare against the same Celtic side at the same venue this Saturday. Baring in mind they'll have had a far less chaotic build up to it than Hibs.

flash
12-01-2021, 09:17 AM
Apart from using the phrase "hyperbolic drivel" when "pish" would have done :greengrin

Well aye.

Keith_M
12-01-2021, 09:23 AM
Sorrow Sorrow - a glass half empty kinda handle no?

:greengrin

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 09:23 AM

What? Nobody is denying Drey Wright has been criticised or even slaughtered.

Not one of they posts says he’s one of our worst ever signings though so I’m not quite sure what you think you’ve ‘covered’

I also never mentioned anything about negativity before the game started.. so I’m not sure what you’re on about on that front either.

Spike Mandela
12-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Goals like Kevin Nisbet’s last night are the exact sort of thing that drags a team out of a slump.

Pressure heaped on Hibs through no fault of their own last night added to pressure of their own doing with the two poor results previously would have meant defeat causing a right downer in the camp. The last gasp goal showed the relief and the passion in the team and reflects the fact, imo, we deserved something out the game.

Hopefully we can kick on from this and get back to the confidence we had in the early part of the season.

matty_f
12-01-2021, 09:24 AM
For once......

Broken clock etc :greengrin

As for the OP, I tend to agree.

I thought, during the game last night, that there's a lack of spark in the team and it's just not quite clicking for us at the moment.

That said, Celtic (despite their woes) managed to put out a team worth many millions more than our own (Turnbull alone was purchased for more than our collective squad was bought).

We were also without Boyle, Marciano, and Magennis, and we lost Doig and Newell during the game to injury, so it's not as if we didn't have our own troubles to seek.

I thought Celtic were fortunate to get the point, they never looked like scoring, particularly in the second half, and by the letter of the law, their goal should not have stood.

I think the biggest issue last night was that loads of folk had decided we were going to hammer a Celtic side that they expected to be significantly worse than the one that took to the field.

Expectations were unrealistically high, and so the disappointment that came when those expectations were not met led to folk going overboard, IMHO.

matty_f
12-01-2021, 09:25 AM

Not one of they posts says he’s one of our worst ever signings though so I’m not quite sure what you think you’ve ‘covered’

Lots of tweets about that on Twitter last night.

calumhibee1
12-01-2021, 09:27 AM
Lots of tweets about that on Twitter last night.

Might well have been, I don’t use Twitter.

The post mentioned this website though. Infact it was very clear in that it wasn’t even considering social media, it was this site specifically.

flash
12-01-2021, 09:33 AM
Might well have been, I don’t use Twitter.

The post mentioned this website though. Infact it was very clear in that it wasn’t even considering social media, it was this site specifically.

Why are you so bothered?

Since452
12-01-2021, 09:36 AM
Goals like Kevin Nisbet’s last night are the exact sort of thing that drags a team out of a slump.

Pressure heaped on Hibs through no fault of their own last night added to pressure of their own doing with the two poor results previously would have meant defeat causing a right downer in the camp. The last gasp goal showed the relief and the passion in the team and reflects the fact, imo, we deserved something out the game.

Hopefully we can kick on from this and get back to the confidence we had in the early part of the season.

Exactly what i think. It could be a massive goal in the context of our season and a bit of sweet revenge for their late equaliser at Easter Road. Going to the very end and getting an injury time goal is huge for the confidence.

Pretty Boy
12-01-2021, 09:44 AM
I was neither pleased not displeased by our performance last night. It was pretty much as I expected and in the end it was a good point.

Tbh I can't get excited or angry about this Hibs team at the moment. We are going well but it all feels a bit detached, quite frankly I'm looking forward to this season being over; I'm undoubtedly in a minority but I can't even get excited about the League Cup. Crazy for a fan of a team the doesn't win a lot but there you go. That's not really the fault of the team or manager, it's just an odd experience trying to follow a team with no real interaction.

There are flaws with this Hibs team, a lot of them, and I think it's good to discuss them. Some people go way too far and their negativity is draining, others go too far the other way. It's been the same for as long as I have posted on here.

Viva_Palmeiras
12-01-2021, 09:54 AM
I was neither pleased not displeased by our performance last night. It was pretty much as I expected and in the end it was a good point.

Tbh I can't get excited or angry about this Hibs team at the moment. We are going well but it all feels a bit detached, quite frankly I'm looking forward to this season being over; I'm undoubtedly in a minority but I can't even get excited about the League Cup. Crazy for a fan of a team the doesn't win a lot but there you go. That's not really the fault of the team or manager, it's just an odd experience trying to follow a team with no real interaction.

There are flaws with this Hibs team, a lot of them, and I think it's good to discuss them. Some people go way too far and their negativity is draining, others go too far the other way. It's been the same for as long as I have posted on here.

So it’s your fault ;)

HibeeHibernian4
12-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Said it before but it bears repeating. How much of this negativity and accusations of Jack Ross' side being "boring" comes down to people being unable to come to terms with how boring a sport/activity football/watching Hibs is when you can't be there in person watching it with your family and friends and grabbing a pre/post-match pint?

Seriously, if you've got a Hibs TV pass, go back and watch a run of the mill league game under Fenlon, Stubbs, Lennon etc. You'll likely be bored to tears.

Carheenlea
12-01-2021, 12:40 PM
Said it before but it bears repeating. How much of this negativity and accusations of Jack Ross' side being "boring" comes down to people being unable to come to terms with how boring a sport/activity football/watching Hibs is when you can't be there in person watching it with your family and friends and grabbing a pre/post-match pint?

Seriously, if you've got a Hibs TV pass, go back and watch a run of the mill league game under Fenlon, Stubbs, Lennon etc. You'll likely be bored to tears.

Last night would have been brilliant at Parkhead - injury time equaliser and the celebrations in the away section would have been wild. Watching at home I didn`t even get out my chair and arms raised aloft was as exuberant as it got for goal.

There would have been threads about pillars, seatless tickets, early leavers after Celtic`s 80th minute goal, robust stewarding, taunting Celtic fans, ovation for players in front of singing travelling fans and so on.
There would have been a bit of a buzz following the game, and would have been looked upon as a cracking night out at the football.

Football on the TV is generally a dull experience all round.

stuart-farquhar
12-01-2021, 12:50 PM
Last night would have been brilliant at Parkhead - injury time equaliser and the celebrations in the away section would have been wild. Watching at home I didn`t even get out my chair and arms raised aloft was as exuberant as it got for goal.

There would have been threads about pillars, seatless tickets, early leavers after Celtic`s 80th minute goal, robust stewarding, taunting Celtic fans, ovation for players in front of singing travelling fans and so on.
There would have been a bit of a buzz following the game, and would have been looked upon as a cracking night out at the football.

I agree. My wife dresses in a hi viz jacket on matchday. Frisks me on the way in to the tv room. Last night she put a lamp standard in front of the tv to give me a partial view. Told me off twice for standing and threatened to chuck me out. Pie and bovril was ok.

Carheenlea
12-01-2021, 12:52 PM
I agree. My wife dresses in a hi viz jacket on matchday. Frisks me on the way in to the tv room. Last night she put a lamp standard in front of the tv to give me a partial view. Told me off twice for standing and threatened to chuck me out. Pie and bovril was ok.

:hilarious

HibeeHibernian4
12-01-2021, 12:52 PM

:agree:

A crying shame and I can't wait for the end of it. I understand why some on here find live football a good escape from reality at the moment.

For me it just serves as a constant reminder of all the good things we're missing out on.

Dan Sarf
12-01-2021, 12:54 PM

:top marks

Mrs. Sarf and I sit on the sofa and share my Hibs scarf across our shoulders.

weecounty hibby
12-01-2021, 01:25 PM

My wife gave me the full celtic steward treatment last night. She scowled at me all through the game, threatened me a couple of times for doing absolutely nothing. And when Hibs equalised and I shouted she got a fright and told me to get out of the living room, thought she was going to physically remove me

weecounty hibby
12-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Meant to add that I wholeheartedly agree with the OP. I do think we are improving and JR will continue the improvement and I'm sure we will start to see better more exciting football as he gets more signings and transfer windows under his belt.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-01-2021, 03:21 PM
I'm glad there are games on TV to watch but, in general I'm finding it all a bit meh at the moment.

FilipinoHibs
12-01-2021, 04:32 PM
I have had six years of watching Hibs TV in the Asian time zone. I still celebrate every goal by jumping out outside by chair with clinched fist and breaking into song. Yesterday was no different.

ahibby
12-01-2021, 04:45 PM

Ggtth

You maybe just fall short of the generation of Hibs fans who remember Hibs being and finishing consistently better than Hearts and Aberdeen. Until we look like atleast challenging both for 3rd or 4th consistently then there will be some negativity even if unwarranted. I wish some would stop talking about a bad couple of home results lately because thats not where all the negativity is coming from .but frim very poor home performances no matter the results.

JimBHibees
12-01-2021, 05:06 PM

:faf::faf::not worth

Keith_M
12-01-2021, 06:21 PM

I also never mentioned anything about negativity before the game started.. so I’m not sure what you’re on about on that front either.

As I quoted, you yourself said that anybody would be better than Wright. How else are we supposed to take that?

The negativity part was purely backing up a previous, and related, post where the poster said that the team were being slaughtered before they even took the field, so it was worth pointing that out for context.

Honestly, just give up your constant denial of what people told you they've seen, as you've clearly been shown to be wrong.

Spike Mandela
13-01-2021, 11:49 AM
My wife gave me the full celtic steward treatment last night. She scowled at me all through the game, threatened me a couple of times for doing absolutely nothing. And when Hibs equalised and I shouted she got a fright and told me to get out of the living room, thought she was going to physically remove me

She does this every night, just the first time you’ve noticed.:rolleyes: