PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross....

Steve88
11-01-2021, 08:39 PM
Running out of patience, sort it out.

We would of gotten slaughtered against Celtics first team tonight..

bawheid
11-01-2021, 08:43 PM
Aye, ok pal.

Unseen work
11-01-2021, 08:43 PM
Bet you’re fuming Nisbet scored.

I forgot that

Frimpong
Duffy
Laxalt
Turnbull
Rogic
Mcgregor
Johnstone
Soro

Dont usually play for Celtics first team. They had 3 players you had class as not regulars - Hazard, Harper and Welsh.

FitbaFolkKen
11-01-2021, 08:44 PM

I forgot that

Frimpong
Duffy
Laxalt
Turnbull
Rogic
Mcgregor
Johnstone
Soro

Dont usually play for Celtics first team. They had 3 players you had class as not regulars - Hazard, Harper and Welsh.

Hazard played 5 times in December. Decent point and important to stop the losses

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hiber-nation
11-01-2021, 08:45 PM
Celtic were 4/6.

HoboHarry
11-01-2021, 08:46 PM

:doh:

heid the baw
11-01-2021, 08:47 PM
I thought his substitution of Halberg was unnecessary and it almost cost us a point. Ross was obviously wanting the 0-0
Still it's a point at Parkhead and I'm not too unhappy with that

Since452
11-01-2021, 08:47 PM

It near enough was Celtics first team.

Lancs Harp
11-01-2021, 08:48 PM
It was still a fairly decent side Celtic fielded. It wasnt exactly the Villa kids v Liverpool was it?

Plenty of things still to work on but plenty of positives to take from tonight as well.

hibee_girl
11-01-2021, 08:48 PM
I thought his substitution of Halberg was unnecessary and it almost cost us a point. Ross was obviously wanting the 0-0
Still it's a point at Parkhead and I'm not too unhappy with that

Hallberg had been booked so wouldn't say it was unnecessary

Fergos
11-01-2021, 08:49 PM

I forgot that

Frimpong
Duffy
Laxalt
Turnbull
Rogic
Mcgregor
Johnstone
Soro

Correct. And we were missing Boyle, McGennis, Allan, Rocky......etc.

Decent point.

GGTTH

weecounty hibby
11-01-2021, 08:50 PM
Probably 8 of that celtic team would walk into our team. Good point and a decent performance.

Cat Stanton
11-01-2021, 08:53 PM

Aye, that's right, bring back Heckingbottom.

Jesus wept.

Allez Hibs
11-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Good point tonight. Well done Hibs and Jack Ross after a frustrating build up to the game. Let's hope everyone is healthy for the League Cup tie.

HibeeHibernian4

Only six changes from their Old Firm game, not that far off a first team side.

Callum_62
Hard one as folk were having habs winning 5 nill

Looking at the celtic team is more than decent

You could argue us missing Rocky, Allan, Maggennis and Boyle is just as bad

Thought we controlled the majority of the game and made positive changes to try and effect the game

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Not In The Know
11-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Just not very exciting.

But. He will give as a few years of stability that we can build on and off the pitch. Much like Aberdeen and mcinnes.

Once he gets a couple more transfer windows under the belt you never know ...

sleeping giant
11-01-2021, 08:56 PM
This will be yet another thread where the OP never returns.

Unseen work
11-01-2021, 08:58 PM
I like how people don’t agree with the substitution of Hallberg and think he could have carried on.

What if he said he was tired? Feeling something? Ross thought he was tired and best course was fresh legs and a bit of experience?

Its always good looking at subs in retrospect and if they were good or not but if he stuck on Gullan or Bradley for a tiring Hallberg and he lost he’d be getting dogs abuse.

lord bunberry

Would have. :rolleyes:

04Sauzee
Imagine coming on to Hibs.Net to post that guff 😅😅

Kaff
11-01-2021, 09:03 PM
Probably 8 of that celtic team would walk into our team. Good point and a decent performance.

A decent point in the context of the season but this game does epitomise Jack Ross.
Slow possession with safe play the key, take few risks.
80 mins concede a goal and suddenly inject some pace into passing and movement all of a sudden we're the better team and could have snatched a winner.
He has to throw the shackles off or he's not going to succeed at Hibs, that was a below par Celtic team no matter what is said about the lineup but we played for a point, we have to have more ambition than that.
I describe us as a weak Aberdeen team and that's a poor place to be.
We've played well early in the season but I think top 4 has been given as the target so instead of getting in there and pushing on he's started defending that position and it's back firing as we're now so passive in games scared to be expansive and it's costing us points big style.
Killie and Rangers I think next, that could easily be slip to 1 or 2 points gained from those and our last 6 games will have yielded 2 or 3 points from 18, playing attacking care free football would have got more than that.
Got to get this sorted or he will lose his job, it's a terrible run we're on

bingo70
11-01-2021, 09:08 PM
Only six changes from their Old Firm game, not that far off a first team side.

Fairly significant though that Celtic never had a striker.

It certainly wasn’t a reserve side and 8 of the team are first team regulars so a point isn’t the worst result in the world but if you’re looking at it objectively, a Celtic side with Edouard, Griffiths or that Swiss boy they got from West Ham and it’s a different proposition we’re up against tonight.

Stuart93
11-01-2021, 09:13 PM
I’m not JR’s biggest fan. I’m not fussed either way but if we can secure 4th it definitely gives us & him something to build on. Not that 3rd is beyond our grasp

Agree that chopping and changing managers all the time doesn’t help anyone.

I really want him to try instil a bit more of a style going forward. Some of our performances are just too negative when they don’t really have to be.

weecounty hibby
11-01-2021, 09:14 PM
A decent point in the context of the season but this game does epitomise Jack Ross.
Slow possession with safe play the key, take few risks.
80 mins concede a goal and suddenly inject some pace into passing and movement all of a sudden we're the better team and could have snatched a winner.
He has to throw the shackles off or he's not going to succeed at Hibs, that was a below par Celtic team no matter what is said about the lineup but we played for a point, we have to have more ambition than that.
I describe us as a weak Aberdeen team and that's a poor place to be.
We've played well early in the season but I think top 4 has been given as the target so instead of getting in there and pushing on he's started defending that position and it's back firing as we're now so passive in games scared to be expansive and it's costing us points big style.
Killie and Rangers I think next, that could easily be slip to 1 or 2 points gained from those and our last 6 games will have yielded 2 or 3 points from 18, playing attacking care free football would have got more than that.
Got to get this sorted or he will lose his job, it's a terrible run we're on

But he needs time to get us to where we want to be. Steady improvement is what we need. I said it in another thread a while back that we cannot keep doing the boom or busy of the last forty years. We should be no lower than 5th ever but that is nowhere near our average place. Give him some more transfer windows as well. Look at McInnes, is it 8 years now? He has built a team and squad and mentality up there. We need to show a bit of patience. I've seen worse Celtic teams than that pump us in the past

Sammy7nil
11-01-2021, 09:30 PM
I’m not JR’s biggest fan. I’m not fussed either way but if we can secure 4th it definitely gives us & him something to build on. Not that 3rd is beyond our grasp

Agree that chopping and changing managers all the time doesn’t help anyone.

I really want him to try instil a bit more of a style going forward. Some of our performances are just too negative when they don’t really have to be.

The problem for me neither is 5th place beyond us and that would simply not be good enough. Livingston gave us a 15 point start and are closing fast. Nothing against JR but the temp is slow slow we need some energy as if the ball gets in the box often enough I am sure Nisbet and Doidge can do some damage. Celtic were there to be beaten tonight.

BSEJVT
11-01-2021, 09:33 PM
I think folk see what they want to see

I don't find us that great to watch under Ross, but we came out and had a real go in the first 20 minutes or so and then the players gradually retreated into their shells.

Who is to blame for that? The Manager or the Players

I would say neither, I think it is just where we are in our rebuild, which is a really significant one after the mess that Lennon & Hecky wft.

There are guys in that team who should be nowhere near it, but they are and we are having to make do with them through injury and lack of money.

It is inevitable that when confidence drops any team sits deeper and deeper and to be honest that is when we look at our worst.

I get the opposition was weaker than normal, but it will be a long time since we had stats like that at Parkhead.

Folk need to give Ross a bit more time and recognise that without Boyle and Allan and with a hideously out of form Doidge that wasn't a bad effort

Stevie Reid
11-01-2021, 09:36 PM
Competed really well in four out of five games against the OF this season. Three draws, two defeats. Pretty unfortunate not to draw at Ibrox, and to not beat Celtic at ER.

rossevenil
11-01-2021, 09:37 PM
My gripe would be why did we not play with the drive and urgency we showed after going a goal down earlier in the game?? We looked a completely different team from the first 80 mins (excluding 1st 10 mins when we looked up for it)

They were definitely there for the taking and to lose would have been a travesty,however still happy with a pt and not going to 4 back to back defeats.

Kaff
11-01-2021, 09:45 PM
But he needs time to get us to where we want to be. Steady improvement is what we need. I said it in another thread a while back that we cannot keep doing the boom or busy of the last forty years. We should be no lower than 5th ever but that is nowhere near our average place. Give him some more transfer windows as well. Look at McInnes, is it 8 years now? He has built a team and squad and mentality up there. We need to show a bit of patience. I've seen worse Celtic teams than that pump us in the past

I agree with a good bit of that and I'm not a fantasist about where we should be but instead of building on or even consolidating on our excellent start we've become a very passive team and it could cost us top 4 when it looked fairly hard to chuck that away from a position of averaging 2 points per game. After the Killie and Rangers games, if we gain 1 point from each then our average for the season is suddenly 1.5pts per game that's a catastrophic loss of points and I honestly believe its from a position of trying to be safer and protect that top 4 place.
To be fair Livingston have had an extraordinary run that no one could predict but if we lose 4th place to them and with their budget its inexcusable really.
The main bit that concerns me is your wish to be like Aberdeen and MacInnes, that is the last thing I want to be, defend, bully, spoil the game for 80 mins and then have a go for the last 10 mins. No thanks
After playing with no rhythm for first 45 tonight I was shocked to see that after half time we were deeper with Nisbet totally isolated up front, Doidge came on and did improve things but that was sad to see.
I'm not after sacking Jack but I think he has to help himself by getting the team playing with a higher tempo, we're so much better when we do.

Stuart93
11-01-2021, 09:49 PM
The problem for me neither is 5th place beyond us and that would simply not be good enough. Livingston gave us a 15 point start and are closing fast. Nothing against JR but the temp is slow slow we need some energy as if the ball gets in the box often enough I am sure Nisbet and Doidge can do some damage. Celtic were there to be beaten tonight.

Aye I’d agree with that. Don’t think anyone seen livi going on this kind of run though & whilst ours has been poor lately there’s has been almost unbelievable. They’ve dragged themselves into contention for Europe which looked unthinkable at one point.

Agree that we need to start being a lot more positive. Sometimes far too slow and pedestrian. I think we’re missing allan and you can see we miss boyle too at times. Then you can see what happens when we actually have a go and put teams under pressure, we need more of how we went at them in the last few minutes

weecounty hibby
11-01-2021, 09:49 PM
I agree with a good bit of that and I'm not a fantasist about where we should be but instead of building on or even consolidating on our excellent start we've become a very passive team and it could cost us top 4 when it looked fairly hard to chuck that away from a position of averaging 2 points per game. After the Killie and Rangers games, if we gain 1 point from each then our average for the season is suddenly 1.5pts per game that's a catastrophic loss of points and I honestly believe its from a position of trying to be safer and protect that top 4 place.
To be fair Livingston have had an extraordinary run that no one could predict but if we lose 4th place to them and with their budget its inexcusable really.
The main bit that concerns me is your wish to be like Aberdeen and MacInnes, that is the last thing I want to be, defend, bully, spoil the game for 80 mins and then have a go for the last 10 mins. No thanks
After playing with no rhythm for first 45 tonight I was shocked to see that after half time we were deeper with Nisbet totally isolated up front, Doidge came on and did improve things but that was sad to see.
I'm not after sacking Jack but I think he has to help himself by getting the team playing with a higher tempo, we're so much better when we do.
I don't want to be like McInnes and Aberdeen. I want us to play attractive fast football which is **** all like a McInnes team. But that is what he has set out to achieve and he has done it and done it well. I don't believe that JR will try to make us play that way, I just use them as an example of what being patient and sticking by a manager can do

BSEJVT
11-01-2021, 09:54 PM

Honest Question to your last statement, do you think he has the personnel to enable him to do that? I agree with you that when it comes to turgid midfield battles we are found wanting but I think the midfield balance is all wrong and we can sucked into that because we don't have players good enough to get us out.

I am praying that when we finally see a fit Magennis that he brings some influence in that area as the present players and balance could all go for me, with Newall being the most unlucky and Gogic good for a battle.

I class Boyle & Murphy as forwards and if Boyle could get his form back would be quite happy with both and a fit Allan threading balls through, but that requires two very very good and energetic centre mids.

Lendo
11-01-2021, 09:55 PM

Is this serious or am I missing something?

Since452
11-01-2021, 09:57 PM

They've got Aberdeen away then Celtic back to back. Be lucky to take a point from their next 3.

NC1875
11-01-2021, 09:58 PM
Thought we played ok but McGinn coming on when it’s 0-0 sims Jack Ross up for me.

Wants to see out a 0-0 rather than go for a win.

calumhibee1
11-01-2021, 10:00 PM

:agree:

The only thing he’s really delivering right now is being 4th place in the league - not that it’s an insignificant achievement but it’s the absolute minimum we should be expecting this season.

Other than that we’ve massively struggled in the big games and the football is anywhere between poor and dreadful to watch. If we fall out the top four then he’ll be failing on near enough every front. He really needs to keep us in the top 4.

Stevie Reid
11-01-2021, 10:01 PM
Thought we played ok but McGinn coming on when it’s 0-0 sims Jack Ross up for me.

I was quite surprised at that sub, but I certainly didn’t see it as looking for a draw. Had he taken off a forward player then you could say that for sure, - but he took off a midfielder who had run himself into the ground on a heavy pitch, and had been booked, and replaced him with another midfielder.

NC1875
11-01-2021, 10:03 PM
I was quite surprised at that sub, but I certainly didn’t see it as looking for a draw. Had he taken off a forward player then you could say that for sure, - but he took off a midfielder who had run himself into the ground on a heavy pitch, and had been booked, and replaced him with another midfielder.

Can see your point but Hallberg was playing on the left. Gullan is the positive sub, not McGinn

Jones28
11-01-2021, 10:03 PM

Exactly, it was a like for like change. A bit more legs in the midfield in the last 10 minutes is a sensible substitution.

weecounty hibby
11-01-2021, 10:04 PM

Halberg had been booked and also looked knackered. Who else should be have brought in? What if Halberg got a second booking? Or he just couldn't finish the game. I think folk forget we have a lot of injuries at the moment and our squad is not huge. Boyle, Magennis, Allan all attacking players and all out injured

BSEJVT
11-01-2021, 10:04 PM

I think that is an easy and cheap shot

At that point we had Doidge, Nisbet, Murphy and Mallan on the pitch

Exactly how many attackers / folk who contribute zilch defensively do we want on?

The fact that Gullan hasn't been able to get near holding down a first team place and Bradley is very young, is also a factor.

It's dead easy to look at personnel in isolation and deduce the wrong thing

Maybe Gogic and McGinn were going to anchor the midfield and let the others push on and abandon their defensive roles?

NC1875
11-01-2021, 10:09 PM
I think that is an easy and cheap shot

At that point we had Doidge, Nisbet, Murphy and Mallan on the pitch

Exactly how many attackers / folk who contribute zilch defensively do we want on?

The fact that Gullan hasn't been able to get near holding down a first team place and Bradley is very young, is also a factor.

It's dead easy to look at personnel in isolation and deduce the wrong thing

Maybe Gogic and McGinn were going to anchor the midfield and let the others push on and abandon their defensive roles?

Possibly, or he brought McGinn on to help play for a draw. We’ll never know

But I think Ross is far more negative than he is positive so we’ll agree to disagree.

Jones28
11-01-2021, 10:09 PM

But we didn’t, did we?

Kaff
11-01-2021, 10:11 PM
Honest Question to your last statement, do you think he has the personnel to enable him to do that? I agree with you that when it comes to turgid midfield battles we are found wanting but I think the midfield balance is all wrong and we can sucked into that because we don't have players good enough to get us out.

I am praying that when we finally see a fit Magennis that he brings some influence in that area as the present players and balance could all go for me, with Newall being the most unlucky and Gogic good for a battle.

I class Boyle & Murphy as forwards and if Boyle could get his form back would be quite happy with bot and a fit Allan threading balls through, but that requires to very very good and energetic centre mids.

We showed after conceding that we have the personnel to play at a higher tempo and we could have won.
Livi manager has stung him by saying we leave space behind the CBs and they exploited it, this game we were so safe and blocked that off all the time. That's OK but like Livi if you're playing a low blocking game then when you do get possession you must break at pace, with purpose and it has to be as a team. Tonight if we won the ball it was deep in our half, we'd play a few square passes and get bogged down by the time we got to the half way line.
Play deep, protect your box, but get moving quick in possession. Passing and running with the ball.

To Wee County.
Appreciate you don't want to mimic Aberdeen but I'm afraid if we keeping shrinking into our shell trying to protect our position (4th) like they do with 3rd then we won't develop.
I'm frustrated tonight and over the last few games, probably if we'd deservedly beaten the Arabs this run would not have happened? It's stopping these spells and coming out stronger that will define him, he doesn't panic so hopefully that will be the outcome.
Fingers crossed we build on tonight

madhibee_again
11-01-2021, 10:20 PM
Can see your point but Hallberg was playing on the left. Gullan is the positive sub, not McGinn

Didn’t agree with the sub, but Hallberg was the left of diamond, positive or not bringing on Gullan in that position just wouldn’t have made sense.

BSEJVT
11-01-2021, 10:22 PM
We showed after conceding that we have the personnel to play at a higher tempo and we could have won.
Livi manager has stung him by saying we leave space behind the CBs and they exploited it, this game we were so safe and blocked that off all the time. That's OK but like Livi if you're playing a low blocking game then when you do get possession you must break at pace, with purpose and it has to be as a team. Tonight if we won the ball it was deep in our half, we'd play a few square passes and get bogged down by the time we got to the half way line.
Play deep, protect your box, but get moving quick in possession. Passing and running with the ball.

To Wee County.
Appreciate you don't want to mimic Aberdeen but I'm afraid if we keeping shrinking into our shell trying to protect our position (4th) like they do with 3rd then we won't develop.
I'm frustrated tonight and over the last few games, probably if we'd deservedly beaten the Arabs this run would not have happened? It's stopping these spells and coming out stronger that will define him, he doesn't panic so hopefully that will be the outcome.
Fingers crossed we build on tonight

I thought we started playing at that higher tempo very well for the first 20 minutes, but fell out the game a bit and losing Doig had a big impact on tempo dropping as that is not Stevenson's game

Kaff
11-01-2021, 10:33 PM
I thought we started playing at that higher tempo very well for the first 20 minutes, but fell out the game a bit and losing Doig had a big impact on tempo dropping as that is not Stevenson's game

To be fair, yes first part of the game we pressed them quite high, didn't think we were quick enough in possession but that's nit picking. I actually thought Doig had a very poor game giving away possession, didn't hear that it was an injury that forced a substitution?
I think our game does rely on playing high up the pitch as then our neat passing, albeit involving square passes, ends up at the 18 yard line but when it's half way line its self defeating.
Anyhow, not asking for Jack to be sacked but frustrated again tonight and I think he has to be a bit bolder now and again. Tonight Celtic were there for the taking and Ross County were on a poor run and we were pretty insipid.
I know we have a small squad and players are injured but we're just too flat and lacking movement.
Dont want to carry on criticising as it's not really what I want to do so will leave it there tonight👍

BSEJVT
12-01-2021, 06:57 AM
To be fair, yes first part of the game we pressed them quite high, didn't think we were quick enough in possession but that's nit picking. I actually thought Doig had a very poor game giving away possession, didn't hear that it was an injury that forced a substitution?
I think our game does rely on playing high up the pitch as then our neat passing, albeit involving square passes, ends up at the 18 yard line but when it's half way line its self defeating.
Anyhow, not asking for Jack to be sacked but frustrated again tonight and I think he has to be a bit bolder now and again. Tonight Celtic were there for the taking and Ross County were on a poor run and we were pretty insipid.
I know we have a small squad and players are injured but we're just too flat and lacking movement.
Dont want to carry on criticising as it's not really what I want to do so will leave it there tonight👍

I think if we ask players to create with the ball and / or move it at pace then we need to be prepared to run the risk of misplaced passes and losing the ball.

the alternative is keeping the ball by passing it 10 foot and back before we are inevitably harried into booting it upfield to clear the danger.

According to Lewis's interview Doig had a tight hammy

lord bunberry
12-01-2021, 07:57 AM
No manager outside the old firm has taken more points since he came in, if that’s not doing well I don’t know what is.

Sioux
12-01-2021, 10:08 AM
No manager outside the old firm has taken more points since he came in, if that’s not doing well I don’t know what is.

We're not playing like Barca in their pomp, we can't beat a celtic team at parkhead who are missing some players, we lost to hertz, we don't beat the 'wee teams' 5 or 6 nowt every time we play them.

Sacking offences. ( I think that's how it goes, according to some of the .net intelligencia)

basehibby
12-01-2021, 12:15 PM

Cheer up ya sad case

Alex Trager
12-01-2021, 12:21 PM
I don't want to be like McInnes and Aberdeen. I want us to play attractive fast football which is **** all like a McInnes team. But that is what he has set out to achieve and he has done it and done it well. I don't believe that JR will try to make us play that way, I just use them as an example of what being patient and sticking by a manager can do

That’s an example of what sticking by DM can do

Andy74
12-01-2021, 12:25 PM

There were also 2 teams playing so we didn’t just fall out the game on our own.

They still had players like McGregor, Rogic, Frimpong and Turnbull who are going to push you back once they start getting a grip of the ball.

basehibby
12-01-2021, 04:29 PM
Possibly, or he brought McGinn on to help play for a draw. We’ll never know

But I think Ross is far more negative than he is positive so we’ll agree to disagree.

You are posting gratuitously negative drivel mate.

Subbing on Doidge for Wright is hardly negative and chasing a draw is it? Presumably you chose to ignore that because it doesn't comply with your miserable outlook.

Coco Bryce
16-01-2021, 02:47 PM
Another shockingly dull home performance so far.

Chorley Hibee
16-01-2021, 02:50 PM

Not even looked like scoring in 2.5 games against Ross County, Livingston and Kilmarnock.

It's absolute garbage and there's nothing to suggest he has any idea in how to change it.

tonyrougier123
16-01-2021, 02:52 PM

Due to the shambolic pitch impossible to replicate early season form.will be hit and miss until fixed.

calumhibee1
16-01-2021, 02:52 PM
With every home game that goes by it just becomes more and more boring. Eye bleeding stuff.

Scottie
16-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Jack Ross being held back by Gollum who was he having a go with at full time ?:dunno:

hibsbollah
16-01-2021, 03:56 PM
With every home game that goes by it just becomes more and more boring. Eye bleeding stuff.

3rd place.

Allez Hibs
16-01-2021, 03:57 PM
A very welcome 3 points. Lets get behind Jack and the team for the Semi Final next week.

It would be amazing for the club to win another Major trophy so close after 2016.

calumhibee1
16-01-2021, 03:59 PM
3rd place.

Yup. Doesn’t change the fact that the football is terrible to watch though. That first half especially was atrocious.

Coco Bryce
3rd place.

We should really be 2nd 😊

Andy74
Yup. Doesn’t change the fact that the football is terrible to watch though. That first half especially was atrocious.

Can’t expect much else on this pitch really.

lord bunberry
16-01-2021, 04:01 PM

Not even looked like scoring in 2.5 games against Ross County, Livingston and Kilmarnock.

It's absolute garbage and there's nothing to suggest he has any idea in how to change it.

Hibs manager has us in 3rd place in January, in a semi final and only 5 points of 2nd. I’d say he’s doing pretty well all things considered.

Coco Bryce
16-01-2021, 04:02 PM
Hibs manager has us in 3rd place in January, in a semi final and only 5 points of 2nd. I’d say he’s doing pretty well all things considered.

Yes I agree.

Still shocking to watch though.

calumhibee1
16-01-2021, 04:02 PM

There’s no doubting we’re ticking along alright, the style of football isn’t great though, I don’t think many folk would be able to put up much of an argument against that being the case.

Frazerbob
16-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Just had a look at the Aberdeen FB page. They’re raging. McInness must go, the Yank must spend his cash and their Red TV coverage is dreadful. It’s like reading our pages 🤣

Keith_M
16-01-2021, 04:05 PM
Yes I agree.

Still shocking to watch though.

Much of the first half, yes, but the second half performance wasn't too bad.

We're now nine above Livi, ahead of Aberdeen and only five behind Celtc. The fact that their games in hand are mostly against each other works in our favour.

Steve88
16-01-2021, 08:11 PM
Consistency JR and players, consistency...

chrisski33
23-01-2021, 05:39 PM
Go,just go

mentalhibee
23-01-2021, 05:39 PM
This guy is a loser. GTF

H18 SFR
23-01-2021, 05:44 PM
I like Jack Ross, I think given time he will continually take the club forward, however, I now accept the argument that he simply doesn’t win big game.

Sadly, he was accused of this at Sunderland and it’s the same here.

I’d personally stick with him, just my view, I think we will continue to grow under him, just an opinion.

Nicho87
23-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Should be game over but won’t be. Hearts was bad, this is taking the piss

Tobias Funke
23-01-2021, 05:49 PM
Jack Dross.

delbert
23-01-2021, 05:49 PM
This guy is a loser. GTF

A serial loser, not like we weren’t warned !

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 05:51 PM
Finished now.

Diclonius
23-01-2021, 05:52 PM
We won't be third at the end of the season. Or fourth. We'll scud all the *****y wee teams until we play a game that will secure third, then **** it.

Also, we should just forfeit any upcoming games against Aberdeen.

SteveHFC
23-01-2021, 05:53 PM
He has just lost the majority of our support this evening

H18 SFR

I agree with this. Gutted.

gazzag70
Time for Ross to go, he loses every big game and the football is generally eye bleeding! We can do better.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 05:55 PM
Absolutely schooled by a rookie manager, shocking.

Alfred E Newman
23-01-2021, 05:57 PM
We seem to be signing good players but the team is a total shambles. Poor defensively,no recognised shape in midfield and punchless up front. The buck for that has to lie with the manager.

MacBean
Largely I have been a supporter of jack given our league position. Whilst it hasn’t been the most enjoyable football we’re in a strong posting and it made it “acceptable”. Lately though, that has completely changed. Our results in bigger games and our home form has been nothing but laughable. The style of football is so dull and boring. I’m not calling for his head but either he or the players need a serious kick up the @rse.

Roxyhibee
He’s created a team in his own image - nice guys but absolute bottlers.! Some of these performances in the past few games will go down as the worst in memory.

Sean1875
23-01-2021, 05:59 PM

Yup. Exactly where I’m at with him now. Utterly brutal once again in a pressure game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
23-01-2021, 05:59 PM
The Scottish Hecky

Hibernianrus
23-01-2021, 06:03 PM
He’s created a team in his own image - nice guys but absolute bottlers.! Some of these performances in the past few games will go down as the worst in memory.

another opportunity to get to a final and win a trophy goes begging. We really need to put our early superiority into goals but yet again when we lose a goal after being so dominant we crumble. Raging

The Harp Awakes
23-01-2021, 06:03 PM

Sad but true. No passion, nous or will to win from the Manager right through the team. Indefensible.

Steve20
23-01-2021, 06:05 PM
How anyone can defend him after this is embarrassing.

Managing to finish about Livi and Dundee Utd will not hide the disgrace of losing semi finals to lower league Hearts and Bottom six St Johnstone.

He can’t win a big game and he most certainly can’t change a game when we go a goal down.

Disgusting from Hibs today. We accept crap like this and it’s why we keep getting it.

Coco Bryce
23-01-2021, 06:06 PM
He's dull as dishwater just like our style of play.

B.H.F.C
Sad but true. No passion, nous or will to win from the Manager right through the team. Indefensible.

Teams reflect their manager. Zero personality on or off the pitch.

Mantis Toboggan

I would say more than just a majority. Can anyone at all defend this truly pathetic attempt at winning a semi final? Bringing Allan on at 3 nil down was the final straw for me.

yerauldda
23-01-2021, 06:07 PM
This is hard to defend. Shameful performance.

Kaff
23-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Yup. Exactly where I’m at with him now. Utterly brutal once again in a pressure game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, can't see how he will keep his job unless we beat Rangers on Wednesday, I know how ridiculous that sounds, and goes on a significant run of victories.
Trouble is we're too slow, too safe, there's no panache to the team.
Ironically I think if Neil Lennon came into this squad of players fresh and raring to go he would have them entertaining and swashbuckling. He's just not an exciting character and unfortunately the team are his mirror image.
I don't want Lennon and know its not the answer.
Gutted that this is what we've ended up like and do feel we need to change manager, its a real shame

Steve Austin
23-01-2021, 06:12 PM
Shocking!!.
3-0 down to st Johnstone ,who I can’t remember scored that amount all season ?.
people have to look in mirrors at hibs including the hierarchy as to where we want to go ?.
It’s obvious we are really poor at cross balls and require two dominant centre backs .

madhatter
23-01-2021, 06:13 PM
This is hard to defend. Shameful performance.

Can’t defend. Being entirely honest if Ross remains I doubt I’ll be watching much of Hibs this season. Football is boring and regularly descends into this nonsense when it goes sour.

Pretty sure players gave up at 2-0 so they have to be ashamed as well but Jack Ross just doesn’t seem to inspire.

3 shocking results in 5 unless I’m mistaken? Horrendous.

hibstag
23-01-2021, 06:16 PM
To be honest we are the biggest job he has had. The got the Sunderland gig on the back of winning the first division in Scotland with St Mirren who had narrowly avoided relegation the season before. Remember Sunderland were a basket case at the time. He looks like he has failed at his real first opportunity to prove himself. Canny hack high level games. Producing terrible football from on paper a decent spfl squad. Looking like his times up.

Jones28
23-01-2021, 06:19 PM
Lose 1-0 with the chances we had? It’s defendable.

Lose like this? Nah, I was one of his biggest defenders on here and I’m saying it’s time for Ross to prove to me he is deserving of support now.

Bright_Hibee
23-01-2021, 06:29 PM
I've said before, Jack Ross is an okay manager for now, but he isn't a great one. He's not who I want long term but accept that the league performance is keeping his head above water. If he leaves now I'd be happy, but if he is in position by November I'll not be.

ScottB
23-01-2021, 06:32 PM
To be honest we are the biggest job he has had. The got the Sunderland gig on the back of winning the first division in Scotland with St Mirren who had narrowly avoided relegation the season before. Remember Sunderland were a basket case at the time. He looks like he has failed at his real first opportunity to prove himself. Canny hack high level games. Producing terrible football from on paper a decent spfl squad. Looking like his times up.

Biggest job he’ll ever get.

I think that’s my concern with him. He doesn’t seem like a manager on an upward trajectory, destined for bigger things. He’s had two golden chances to reach cup finals and bottled them both.

GRA
23-01-2021, 06:33 PM
Lose 1-0 with the chances we had? It’s defendable.

Lose like this? Nah, I was one of his biggest defenders on here and I’m saying it’s time for Ross to prove to me he is deserving of support now.

I agree. I've defended him on here as well and called put the overreactors. But I can defend what happened when we went 2-0 down. Tactics were bizarre, couldn't get a grip on the game, could've played all night and not scored and every time St Johnstone went forward they looked like scoring.

Got to earn his corn now as that's another big game where there has been a let down! Won't get a better chance to win the LC again for a long long time!

ahibby
23-01-2021, 06:34 PM
I've said before, Jack Ross is an okay manager for now, but he isn't a great one. He's not who I want long term but accept that the league performance is keeping his head above water. If he leaves now I'd be happy, but if he is in position by November I'll not be.

If he cant finish 4th and have a good run in the SC he will be out at the end of the season. I said in December its going to be a long three months and I stand by that which means I dont think he will be with us next season. He will probably end up at Queens Park.

Coco Bryce
23-01-2021, 06:37 PM
His after match interview will be the usual pish. Players know they can do better blah blah blah...

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-01-2021, 06:39 PM
His after match interview will be the usual pish. Players know they can do better blah blah blah...

I’m not watching another JR interview. I really can’t be arsed with anythig he has to say now.

Hibees1973
23-01-2021, 06:51 PM
Depressing stuff....these two semi finals are his responsibility.

How can he honestly survive this.

Suggestions to replace him. John Collins did nothing wrong when he was at Hibs last time. He left cos we sold his best players and gave him no money to spend.

Struggling to come up with any other suggestions, but we need to rid ourselves of Ross.

We need to move him on, get over these calamitous semi finals and improve the mentality of our club.

While typing this post I was listening to Ross on Radio Scotland...he was gutted and sounds under serious pressure..too ***ing right!

Steve88
25-01-2021, 09:08 AM
A few green tinted glasses lying around Leith this morning.

We have been MURDER the past several weeks.

I like JR, by no means was this thread ever meant to be an irrational response to the performances, but he (and the players) are letting themselves and the fans down badly..

I hope he turns it around but something isn't right and JR is solely accountable for this..

Since452
25-01-2021, 09:22 AM
Depressing stuff....these two semi finals are his responsibility.

How can he honestly survive this.

Suggestions to replace him. John Collins did nothing wrong when he was at Hibs last time. He left cos we sold his best players and gave him no money to spend.

Struggling to come up with any other suggestions, but we need to rid ourselves of Ross.

We need to move him on, get over these calamitous semi finals and improve the mentality of our club.

While typing this post I was listening to Ross on Radio Scotland...he was gutted and sounds under serious pressure..too ***ing right!

It was Collins fault that players were replaced with utter dug *****. If Collins took the job thinking we wouldn't sell our best players for good money he was either naive or stupid. If you're blaming Ross for the semi you've got to blame Collins for having two chances to beat Dunfermline in a semi and failing both times. A Dunfermline that got relegated. We're they not Collins responsibility?

Jones28
25-01-2021, 09:25 AM
It was Collins fault that players were replaced with utter dug *****. If Collins took the job thinking we wouldn't sell our best players for good money he was with naive or stupid. If you're blaming Ross for the semi you've got to blame Collins for having two chances to beat Dunfermline in a semi and failing both times. A Dunfermline that got relegated. We're they not Collins responsibility?

Might I cautiously suggest he was in the main ambitious? He was probably naive in his thinking the board was on the same track as him.