PDA

View Full Version : Magennis

Stuart93
11-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Anyone got any idea when the guy will actually be fit? Been a man down since we signed him

Who knows, if we’d held on until next summer we might’ve got him even cheaper

calumhibee1
11-01-2021, 06:00 PM
Anyone got any idea when the guy will actually be fit? Been a man down since we signed him

Who knows, if we’d held on until next summer we might’ve got him even cheaper

Was he not meant to be back a week or two ago? Or was that Murphy?

He’s not looking like a particularly clever signing so far tbh.

basehibby
11-01-2021, 06:07 PM
Not unusual for a player to suffer niggles while returning from a major injury so I guess this is not unexpected.

Given the length of the deal though and his current state of fitness I suspect that Ross rates him very highly and did't want to miss out on the chance of signing him.

Stuart93
11-01-2021, 06:09 PM
Not unusual for a player to suffer niggles while returning from a major injury so I guess this is not unexpected.

Given the length of the deal though and his current state of fitness I suspect that Ross rates him very highly and did't want to miss out on the chance of signing him.

Can we afford, especially in the current climate, to be paying £250k for players that miss potentially 3/4’s of a season?

Heisenberg
11-01-2021, 06:12 PM
Think they’ve maybe learned their lesson with trying to rush him back too quickly and are giving him plenty time now to get sorted, very frustrating for everyone involved but smaller injuries can happen after recovering from a really bad one. Jamie Murphy said the same thing.

blackpoolhibs
11-01-2021, 06:35 PM
We have signed him for 5 years, perhaps had we waited another year and he got himself fit, he'd have cost even more? :confused:

Beefster
11-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Can we afford, especially in the current climate, to be paying £250k for players that miss potentially 3/4’s of a season?

He’s been here 3 months and was recovering from a serious injury when he signed. It’s barely been a third of a season so far and he’s played a few times.

Billy Whizz
11-01-2021, 06:37 PM

Similar to Mackie. Gets back after a long term injury, then picks up another one, not uncommon

Danderhall Hibs
11-01-2021, 09:30 PM
We have signed him for 5 years, perhaps had we waited another year and he got himself fit, he'd have cost even more? :confused:

:agree: “We” could then have complained that the club don’t show enough ambition when we didn’t break the bank to get him.

Stuart93
11-01-2021, 09:35 PM
Let’s hope he can get up to speed soon. Do think he’ll be a good player for us

Sammy7nil
11-01-2021, 09:35 PM
Not an issue so long as Wright stays fit :wink::wink::wink::greengrin