PDA

View Full Version : Jackson Irvine

Pages : [1] 2

dastardly8
10-01-2021, 06:58 PM
Jackson Irvine seemingly close to signing thoughts ?

Peevemor
10-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Jackson Irvine seemingly close to signing thoughts ?It's a pity it's not Irvin Irving - he would bosch the midfield.

Pretty Boy
10-01-2021, 07:01 PM
I've not read this anywhere but if there is truth in it then it's a really, really good signing.

HibeeHibernian4
10-01-2021, 07:02 PM
I've not read this anywhere but if there is truth in it then it's a really, really good signing.

Scott Burns' scoop it seems: https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1348296714671812611

BILLYHIBS
10-01-2021, 07:02 PM
Jackson Irvine seemingly close to signing thoughts ?

Played well against us for Ross County in the League Cup Final

Would take him but he would need to join the queue of those needing to get up to speed

We need winners to hit the ground running like yesterday

Pretty Boy
10-01-2021, 07:03 PM
Scott Burns' scoop it seems: https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/status/1348296714671812611

Cheers.

Seems like it could be pretty close.

CMurdoch
10-01-2021, 07:09 PM

Does this source have a record of being accurate?
Are there any other credible sources?

Magpie
10-01-2021, 07:11 PM

He’s probably one of the most reliable.

hibbysam
10-01-2021, 07:11 PM

Naw, mind his Scott Fraser one in the summer. Hibs trying to sign him one day, signs for MK dons the next 😂

jacomo
10-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Just waiting to Aberdeen to make an announcement.

neil7908
10-01-2021, 07:21 PM
He'll need a bit of time to get up to speed but delighted if he signs. Played at a high level last season and was highly sought after.

I suspect it will be a short term deal but who knows.

Northernhibee
10-01-2021, 07:23 PM
After Tom James I'm not happy about another player who has two first names.

I am aware that we have Scott Allan, but we may have just got lucky with him.

Since452
10-01-2021, 07:25 PM
Don't know much about Irvine. Vaguely remember him at Ross County.

Magpie

As long as he’s better than Martin Scott.

CMurdoch
Naw, mind his Scott Fraser one in the summer. Hibs trying to sign him one day, signs for MK dons the next ��

Edinburgh Live are quoting the story but they are basically cutter and pasters.

Looking online Oldham manager Harry Kewell on the 28th Dec said that Irvine is undercooked fitness wise and that he was training with his team to improve that before looking to get signed up elsewhere in January

Del Boy
10-01-2021, 07:26 PM
Very good player, would easily improve our midfield.

Robbo6-2
10-01-2021, 07:28 PM
Is Tom James back?

Northernhibee
10-01-2021, 07:29 PM
As long as he’s better than Martin Scott.

https://frinkiac.com/meme/S04E12/311277.jpg?b64lines=TVkgTkFNRSBJUwogU0NPVFQgTUFSVE lOIEFORCBJIENPTUUKIEZST00sIFVILi4uIFNPTUVQTEFDRSBG QVIKIEFXQVkuIFllcywgdGhhdCdsbCBkbw==

That explains why Scott Martin and Martin Scott didn't play in the same team then!

Magpie
10-01-2021, 07:35 PM
https://frinkiac.com/meme/S04E12/311277.jpg?b64lines=TVkgTkFNRSBJUwogU0NPVFQgTUFSVE lOIEFORCBJIENPTUUKIEZST00sIFVILi4uIFNPTUVQTEFDRSBG QVIKIEFXQVkuIFllcywgdGhhdCdsbCBkbw==

That explains why Scott Martin and Martin Scott didn't play in the same team then!

😂

Feed McGraw
10-01-2021, 07:44 PM

I am aware that we have Scott Allan, but we may have just got lucky with him. This one`s more like two second names :greengrin.

BurghHibby
10-01-2021, 07:45 PM
It's a pity it's not Irvin Irving - he would bosch the midfield.

He wouldn’t be Hieronymus on the park

jacomo
10-01-2021, 07:50 PM

Two surnames surely? Not sure if that’s better or worse.

Fergus52
10-01-2021, 07:52 PM
Think he'll compliment Newell very well.

From what I remember he has a great engine, is good at tackling and can play a bit as well.

Clarence
10-01-2021, 08:05 PM
I think he could be the box to box midfield powerhouse that we’ve been waiting for. He could be the next Pat McGinlay.

ancient hibee
10-01-2021, 08:10 PM
He'll need a bit of time to get up to speed but delighted if he signs. Played at a high level last season and was highly sought after.

I suspect it will be a short term deal but who knows.

I’ve no recollection of him but the obvious question is if he was highly sought after why does he not have a club?

houstonhibbee
10-01-2021, 08:16 PM
It's a pity it's not Irvin Irving - he would bosch the midfield.
If you liked that watch Goliath if you haven't already.

Peevemor
10-01-2021, 08:17 PM
If you liked that watch Goliath if you haven't already.I did. I think it's brilliant.

houstonhibbee
10-01-2021, 08:19 PM
I did. I think it's brilliant.
Billy Bob Thornton is superb....

Forza Fred
10-01-2021, 08:21 PM
I’ve no recollection of him but the obvious question is if he was highly sought after why does he not have a club?

Hull went into serious financial difficulties and released a few of their top earners.

Irvine who was I think their captain at the time, was one of them.

Stunned the supporters, and stunned him.

Enter Mr Covid, and uncertainty, and I think he decided to have a few months out and see how things developed

Apparently he had previous offers, but not considered suitable

04Sauzee
10-01-2021, 08:23 PM

Oldham manager in the press said the following which was reported on the 28th December.

The Latics boss said: “Jackson’s been a little bit unfortunate.

"He’s had a couple of offers and then right at the last minute because of the Covid stuff they’ve fallen through and he’s found himself in a little bit of limbo.

“That’s not a nice feeling as a footballer, so knowing him, and the professional he is, he asked and I said I’d be happy (to help with training).

ancient hibee
10-01-2021, 08:23 PM
I believe he hasn’t played for the best part of a year?

04Sauzee
10-01-2021, 08:25 PM

Last seasons stats here.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=66873

Callum_62
10-01-2021, 08:32 PM
If we sign him he would likely be our best player

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Hibees1973
10-01-2021, 08:33 PM
Gut feeling this is not a good move.

Once covid is over him and Boyle will be travelling thousands of miles at least 5 or 6 times during the season for World Cup Qualifiers and Asian Cup games.

Remember Boyle getting injured on once occasion while playing for Australia and he was out for months. Know injuries can happen at any time though.

However, it is an unnecessary risk having two players in our squad travelling huge distances who play for the Australian national team.

hibees 7062
10-01-2021, 08:38 PM
https://youtu.be/51RDHAovplU?t=150

https://youtu.be/u34pYRQvxvY?t=71

hibbysam
10-01-2021, 08:44 PM

Once covid is over him and Boyle will be travelling thousands of miles at least 5 or 6 times during the season for World Cup Qualifiers and Asian Cup games.

Remember Boyle getting injured on once occasion while playing for Australia and he was out for months. Know injuries can happen at any time though.

However, it is an unnecessary risk having two players in our squad travelling huge distances who play for the Australian national team.

We can’t not sign international quality players just because they’d be travelling to play qualifiers etc, that would be madness.

Bishop Hibee
10-01-2021, 08:49 PM
He was a good player at Ross County. The midfield needs strengthening and I’d be happy if we signed him up.

ancient hibee
10-01-2021, 08:52 PM
He was a good player at Ross County. The midfield needs strengthening and I’d be happy if we signed him up.
As he hasn’t played for about 10 months it’ll take him a wee while to be in shape to strengthen the midfield.

EI255
10-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Just waiting to Aberdeen to make an announcement.They say they are not signing anyone in this window.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sproule Three
10-01-2021, 09:08 PM
I’m sure Jamie MacLaren will put in a good with about Hibs if needed

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/mates-irvine-and-maclaren-unite-in-russia

Ozyhibby
10-01-2021, 09:14 PM

There are a few decent players who haven’t had clubs recently. Pretty sure Wiltshire has no club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logie Green
10-01-2021, 09:43 PM
There are a few decent players who haven’t had clubs recently. Pretty sure Wiltshire has no club?

Swindon Town are based in Wiltshire. Jack Wilshere doesn’t have a club...😜

Unseen work
10-01-2021, 09:47 PM
Mentioned it on another thread but he would be a fantastic signing.

Hes so much more than a tough tackling centre mid like Gogic. He’s good defensively and can break up play but he’s more of an all round midfielder that can pass, run and score too Imo. He’s the type that can dominate the opposition and is something completely different to what we have.

Irvine, Newell, Magennis and Allan all competing for a central spot is very good never mind Gogic, Hallberg, Mallan and McGinn backing them up.

It would be a real statement of intent especially if we can get him for a couple of years.

..........Irvine.....Newell....

Boyle.........Allan........Murphy.....

................Nisbet........

Very strong and can do a bit of everything.

JimBHibees
10-01-2021, 09:52 PM
They say they are not signing anyone in this window.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

What they say and what happens are two different things?

Vault Boy
10-01-2021, 09:53 PM
Really hope we can get this one finalised. Exactly what we're missing in midfield IMO.

Plus he's got an excellent barnet.

wookie70
10-01-2021, 10:07 PM
Looking at his Hull goals he looks exactly what we need. a late runner into the box and someone that can get beyond the strikers. That may work well with Gogic and Newell in the middle

ekhibee
10-01-2021, 10:15 PM

Hes so much more than a tough tackling centre mid like Gogic. He’s good defensively and can break up play but he’s more of an all round midfielder that can pass, run and score too Imo. He’s the type that can dominate the opposition and is something completely different to what we have.

Irvine, Newell, Magennis and Allan all competing for a central spot is very good never mind Gogic, Hallberg, Mallan and McGinn backing them up.

It would be a real statement of intent especially if we can get him for a couple of years.

I only kind of remember him vaguely, but your comments make him sound like he would definitely be a good signing, sounds fascinating and hope we can get this one over the line.

Shrekko
10-01-2021, 10:16 PM
For me this is the missing link - really hope it’s true.

Edinburgh Green
10-01-2021, 10:19 PM
someone on twitter asked Scott Burns if this signing would be before or after the Cadden signing. He replied 'before'

JohnM1875
10-01-2021, 10:24 PM
someone on twitter asked Scott Burns if this signing would be before or after the Cadden signing. He replied 'before'

Superb! Really hope we manage to pull this off.

Signing Cadden provides good cover in a few postions. But Irvine would be a starter. So much prefer we sign him!

Pretty Boy
10-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Really hope we can get this one finalised. Exactly what we're missing in midfield IMO.

Plus he's got an excellent barnet.

Hmmmm. The hair veers a bit too close to man bun territory for my liking. That's the kind of generic off the shelf style choice I'd expect from a Hearts type of player.

I'd be happy enough to see him sign but on the proviso he keeps his hair in a Chris Hemsworth as Thor style or goes for the slightly more cultured medium length swept back Bradley Cooper look. We have one of the best looking squads in the league so we can do without some hipsteresque scruff letting the side down.

PH91
10-01-2021, 10:28 PM
On paper he is exactly the type i was hoping we would sign.

Centre mid with energy who has played at a good level, comes with a good reputation, was captain of his previous club, is coming into his prime years and has experience of playing in scotland.

That's on paper though, i have never seen him play (other than against us) so no real idea if he is good or not!

Unseen work
10-01-2021, 10:37 PM
I only kind of remember him vaguely, but your comments make him sound like he would definitely be a good signing, sounds fascinating and hope we can get this one over the line.

Yeah in my opinion he’s exactly what we’re missing and would show a lot of drive and energy in the middle.

https://youtu.be/u34pYRQvxvY you can get a bit of a better idea of him here against Celtic.

Vault Boy
10-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Hmmmm. The hair veers a bit too close to man bun territory for my liking. That's the kind of generic off the shelf style choice I'd expect from a Hearts type of player.

I'd be happy enough to see him sign but on the proviso he keeps his hair in a Chris Hemsworth as Thor style or goes for the slightly more cultured medium length swept back Bradley Cooper look. We have one of the best looking squads in the league so we can do without some hipsteresque scruff letting the side down.

Quite disappointed that you feel there's no room for a bit of hipster scruff in our squad, or Hibster, if you will.

Fella has the hair and jawline combo of the gods! Get him signed.

Unseen work
10-01-2021, 11:14 PM
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFbp50Dnelr/?igshid=74fkflbewnki

some really good clips of Irvine there from last season

You’d also like to think Milligan, MacLaren and Boyle have sold the club to him.

houstonhibbee
11-01-2021, 12:07 AM
Yeah in my opinion he’s exactly what we’re missing and would show a lot of drive and energy in the middle.

https://youtu.be/u34pYRQvxvY you can get a bit of a better idea of him here against Celtic.

Looks brilliant :agree:

SMAXXA
11-01-2021, 01:08 AM
Is this bit the first for .net the a player who’s been talked about signing for Hibs the last few windows and the overwhelming majority of posters who have an opinion wanted this to happen. Now it’s actually potentially going to happen I’m surprised there isn’t more of a positive reaction

SMAXXA
11-01-2021, 01:09 AM

Genuinely bemused at this and the logic

Forza Fred
11-01-2021, 01:31 AM

Neither have some who appear on the team sheet��

Forza Fred
11-01-2021, 01:35 AM

Yep we should only sign players who have no chance of being capped for their country

That removes any risk.

Forza Fred
11-01-2021, 01:41 AM
On paper he is exactly the type i was hoping we would sign.

Centre mid with energy who has played at a good level, comes with a good reputation, was captain of his previous club, is coming into his prime years and has experience of playing in scotland.

That's on paper though, i have never seen him play (other than against us) so no real idea if he is good or not!

He is an established Australian internationalist, and is classed by some as a box to box midfielder

I was reading the match report from the 2016 League Cup Final, and it said that he had won the battle between him and SJM

Obviously he’s not as good as SJM, but I have been a long term admirer and would be delighted if he signs.

basehibby
11-01-2021, 01:57 AM
Is this bit the first for .net the a player who’s been talked about signing for Hibs the last few windows and the overwhelming majority of posters who have an opinion wanted this to happen. Now it’s actually potentially going to happen I’m surprised there isn’t more of a positive reaction

It's called holding your breath :hyper

badabing67
11-01-2021, 02:03 AM
He is an established Australian internationalist, and is classed by some as a box to box midfielder

I was reading the match report from the 2016 League Cup Final, and it said that he had won the battle between him and SJM

Obviously he’s not as good as SJM, but I have been a long term admirer and would be delighted if he signs.

If we do sign Jackson Irvine my concern will be it's just to the end of the season, would it be asking to much for a longer term contract for him. Come on Hibs show ambition get him tied down. He is exactly what we have been missing for ages. Think he is the type of that can get the best out of Scottie when we get him back.

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2021, 04:30 AM
If we do sign Jackson Irvine my concern will be it's just to the end of the season, would it be asking to much for a longer term contract for him. Come on Hibs show ambition get him tied down. He is exactly what we have been missing for ages. Think he is the type of that can get the best out of Scottie when we get him back.
Nothing to do with ambition.

Robbo6-2
11-01-2021, 06:02 AM
Will be a great signing but trying not to get too excited until the deal is done

Magpie
11-01-2021, 06:22 AM
Posted on a Hull fans forum to get some feedback from his time there and how he compares to Greg Docherty. This is what I received.

“I think some on here were bigger fans than me tbf. His biggest issue with us was that he cost us £2m+ and he never looked like a player of that calibre or close. As with Doc, he's got a good engine but that's where the similarities end really. Personally, I feel that Greg is a significant upgrade for us, he's far better technically than Jackson and although when he left a few fans were disappointed, he's not been a miss at all this season for us. Jackson's good in the air too, he had a very good season at Burton where he scored 10, I seem to remember him playing just behind the striker and that appeared to suit him more.

I think it speaks volumes that he hasn't been able to get a championship club, there's significantly more money on offer in there but in the SPL, a similar level to League One, he won't do a bad job.“

“ IMO not a bad signing for you, he always gives a 100%, lacks a bit technically, but makes up for it in endeavour.”

Mr. Wonderful
11-01-2021, 06:24 AM
Looking at his Hull goals he looks exactly what we need. a late runner into the box and someone that can get beyond the strikers. That may work well with Gogic and Newell in the middle

Don't think we've had someone who can arrive late into the box on a consistent basis since Pat McGinley.

Magpie
11-01-2021, 08:38 AM
Posted on a Hull fans forum to get some feedback from his time there and how he compares to Greg Docherty. This is what I received.

“I think some on here were bigger fans than me tbf. His biggest issue with us was that he cost us £2m+ and he never looked like a player of that calibre or close. As with Doc, he's got a good engine but that's where the similarities end really. Personally, I feel that Greg is a significant upgrade for us, he's far better technically than Jackson and although when he left a few fans were disappointed, he's not been a miss at all this season for us. Jackson's good in the air too, he had a very good season at Burton where he scored 10, I seem to remember him playing just behind the striker and that appeared to suit him more.

I think it speaks volumes that he hasn't been able to get a championship club, there's significantly more money on offer in there but in the SPL, a similar level to League One, he won't do a bad job.“

“ IMO not a bad signing for you, he always gives a 100%, lacks a bit technically, but makes up for it in endeavour.”

“Personally I liked him, always a goal in him too, runs all day, skillful, good in the air, but if anything a bit lightweight when a game gets a bit tasty. He was a fans favourite here for a long time with the terrace chant about his hair to the tune of Sweet Caroline. I liked it.
Lives locally to me and I know he has been keeping himself fit, has had a couple of trials, Sheff Weds were interested and he spent time at Oldham getting match fit.
He will be a good signing for you. Aussie International too.“

ahibby
11-01-2021, 09:26 AM

“Personally I liked him, always a goal in him too, runs all day, skillful, good in the air, but if anything a bit lightweight when a game gets a bit tasty. He was a fans favourite here for a long time with the terrace chant about his hair to the tune of Sweet Caroline. I liked it.
Lives locally to me and I know he has been keeping himself fit, has had a couple of trials, Sheff Weds were interested and he spent time at Oldham getting match fit.
He will be a good signing for you. Aussie International too.“
I know he is a midfielder but there would be an opportunit to expect less from Christian Doidge defensively if he comes in. One of the things that might be having a negative impact on CDs performances is how much work has been expected from him this season not only in attack but in defense too.

davhibby
11-01-2021, 10:39 AM

If he was only here to the end of May but helped us to finish 3rd and win a trophy I’d think we’d all be quite happy tbh

jacomo
11-01-2021, 11:56 AM

It’s not a first, but Hibs.net revisionism means we forget all about a similar clamour to sign Gogic six months ago...

Spudster
11-01-2021, 12:19 PM

The arrogance of down south. I've had the misfortune of going to League One games and they are miles off Scottish Premier IMO.

Greenbeard
11-01-2021, 12:35 PM
Phoned a mate from down Hull way to ask what his stats are like. "Just the one on his left arm" was the reply.

Jones28
11-01-2021, 12:48 PM
The arrogance of down south. I've had the misfortune of going to League One games and they are miles off Scottish Premier IMO.

I went to a few Grimsby Town games when I lived down there. I was at a Stenhousemuir game earlier this year and honestly couldn't tell the difference in standard.

One Day Soon
11-01-2021, 01:09 PM

Amen brother.

CockneyRebel
11-01-2021, 01:50 PM

Jackson and Irvine are two first names?

neil7908
11-01-2021, 01:54 PM

This

NAE NOOKIE
11-01-2021, 02:41 PM

The extensive coverage of Scottish football south of Berwick makes English based fans extremely well placed to compare the Scottish premiership to their leagues :greengrin I was at Wigan v Nottingham Forest last season and the only difference to the Scottish premiership was the obvious propensity for EFL clubs to sign big athletic players, the standard was no better than yer average Motherwell v Kilmarnock match that I could see.

Come to mention it, if it hadn't been for a big Forest away support the crowd would have been about the same size as well.

Since452
11-01-2021, 02:43 PM
It’s not a first, but Hibs.net revisionism means we forget all about a similar clamour to sign Gogic six months ago...

And the delight in appointing Terry Butcher as manager

johncrobertson@
11-01-2021, 03:42 PM
Marty Jack? Neil Martin?

Viva_Palmeiras
11-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Alan Gordon
Gordon Rae
Robin Rae

Loads more mow that Surnames have crossed over to forenames

Lawrie Reilly
Gordon Hunter

And the infamous (dunno what category it fits into)

Wolfgang Wolf always destined manager of Wolfsburg ;)

Pretty Boy
11-01-2021, 04:16 PM

Jackson Pollock and Irvine Welsh would say so.

Andy74
11-01-2021, 04:32 PM

Jackson Irvine and Irvine Welsh too!

CockneyRebel
11-01-2021, 05:36 PM

Irving is the usual spelling for a first name - any other Jacksons?

Seeing as you have given such a comprehensive list I will withdraw. :greengrin

Andy74
11-01-2021, 05:40 PM

DeForest Kelley from Star Trek is actually Jackson DeForest Kelley.

Peevemor
11-01-2021, 05:51 PM
Jackson Pollock and Irvine Welsh would say so.I thought of Jackson Pollock too, but apparently his first name was Paul.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock

ekhibee
11-01-2021, 05:56 PM
https://youtu.be/51RDHAovplU

Looks a great player, and would I want him at Hibs? Too bloody right I would.

The Modfather
11-01-2021, 05:58 PM
I thought of Jackson Pollock too, but apparently his first name was Paul.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackson_Pollock

Was there not a striker who played for Porto for a while and was quite good for them? Jackson Martinez? 🤔

NOLA
11-01-2021, 06:08 PM
Does he have his own web page but? another midfielder and he hasn’t played a game this season [emoji3166]

NOLA
11-01-2021, 06:10 PM
I think he could be the box to box midfield powerhouse that we’ve been waiting for. He could be the next Pat McGinlay.

Does he like saunas too [emoji41]

MWHIBBIES
11-01-2021, 07:28 PM

I can think of 5

heid the baw
11-01-2021, 09:20 PM

Two first names is not as bad as having two trees as a name.
Rowan Vine, he was about as mobile as a tree as well as I recall

CockneyRebel
12-01-2021, 10:52 AM
Two first names is not as bad as having two trees as a name.
Rowan Vine, he was about as mobile as a tree as well as I recall

His bark was worse than his bite:greengrin

CockneyRebel
12-01-2021, 10:56 AM
I can think of 5

I could only think of Pollock which was why I made the post - still think it's stretching things but as I said earlier I will withdraw as it was a bit of a petty post from me to begin with.

hhibs
12-01-2021, 11:22 AM
I could only think of Pollock which was why I made the post - still think it's stretching things but as I said earlier I will withdraw as it was a bit of a petty post from me to begin with.

Whoosh...moment me thinks !

Jackson........................................... ........... 5 , get it ?

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 11:27 AM
Was there not a striker who played for Porto for a while and was quite good for them? Jackson Martinez? 🤔

Yes, according to wikipedia.

There's also Jackson Browne.

And Jackson Michael, the well know fiddler-kiddie.

Andy74
12-01-2021, 11:35 AM
Yes, according to wikipedia.

There's also Jackson Browne.

And Jackson Michael, the well know fiddler-kiddie.

Jackson Browne’s first name was Clyde.

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 11:40 AM
Jackson Browne’s first name was Clyde.

Clyde Browne? - Sounds like an unattractive colour.

What chance do we have?

Alfred E Newman
12-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Clyde Browne? - Sounds like an unattractive colour.

What chance do we have?

He used to date Olive Green.

NC1875
12-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Anyone heard anything regarding this ? Strange Burns is the only one who seems to think he knows something

HoboHarry
12-01-2021, 11:58 AM
I can think of 5
Do Janet and LaToya not count?

Alex Trager
12-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Anyone heard anything regarding this ? Strange Burns is the only one who seems to think he knows something

This is my concern.

I expect him to sign for the sheep and burns to be, well Burns about it all

Since452
12-01-2021, 12:10 PM
The Australia manager quoted as saying it would be a brilliant move for him.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-jackson-irvine-bid-a-19608642

Alex Trager
12-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Also on the two names front, has anyone mentioned Jack Ross?

Jim44
12-01-2021, 12:27 PM
The Australia manager quoted as saying it would be a brilliant move for him.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-jackson-irvine-bid-a-19608642

I like the bit, ‘an initial short-term deal until the end of the season’. Kind of suggests it could extend beyond that.

CockneyRebel
12-01-2021, 12:32 PM
Whoosh...moment me thinks !

Jackson........................................... ........... 5 , get it ?

I've just wet myself laughing - what a card.

Jones28
12-01-2021, 12:35 PM
This is my concern.

I expect him to sign for the sheep and burns to be, well Burns about it all

Yepp, Aberdeen have been quoted as saying they need to ship out before they can bring in, so fully expect them to try and sign him.

Unseen work
12-01-2021, 01:42 PM
I like the bit, ‘an initial short-term deal until the end of the season’. Kind of suggests it could extend beyond that.

That to me just suggests he’s using us to get game time so he can play for Australia and will go to another club in the summer when his stock is high.

if he’s only signing till the summer I can see no chance of it being extended.

500miles
12-01-2021, 01:55 PM
That to me just suggests he’s using us to get game time so he can play for Australia and will go to another club in the summer when his stock is high.

if he’s only signing till the summer I can see no chance of it being extended.

Could be Covid related. Reduced terms until next season when we have an idea when fans will be back.

hibbysam
12-01-2021, 02:32 PM
Signed sealed and delivered.

ElginHibbie
12-01-2021, 02:34 PM
About to be announced going by Hibs Twitter

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1349016560564891653

SQHib
12-01-2021, 02:38 PM
Signed till end of season

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/jackson-irvine-is-a-hibee

J-C
12-01-2021, 02:38 PM
About to be announced going by Hibs Twitter

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1349016560564891653

Oooooh interesting, so its happening then.😁

J-C
12-01-2021, 02:39 PM

Not happy about that though.

madhatter
12-01-2021, 02:41 PM

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/article/jackson-irvine-is-a-hibee

Not great for club that it’s until end of season. Hopefully he does well, loves it and signs for longer.

Stuart93
12-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Great signing. A bit disappointed with the length of the deal.

If he has a good half season with us he’ll be off elsewhere

MrRobot
12-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Great signing, hopefully can tempt him to stay longer. European football could make the difference.

04Sauzee
12-01-2021, 02:45 PM
We get a decent player until the end of the season who will make us better. If he's off atnthe end of the season becuase he's been great for us so be it. I'd rather a body in to help us over the next 6 months

Stevie Reid
12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
We get a decent player until the end of the season who will make us better. If he's off atnthe end of the season becuase he's been great for us so be it. I'd rather a body in to help us over the next 6 months

Exactly. As other posters have said, we've no idea what revenues will be like next season, and Irvine probably wants to keep his options open. A lot of football to be played and we have acquired a very good player who wants to prove himself.

Brightside
12-01-2021, 02:49 PM
We also have no idea how fit he is.... he was on decent money previously so lets just see how he goes. No issue with short term deal.

Since452
12-01-2021, 02:50 PM
His ponytail is much better that Peter Harings. GIRUY

Brooster
12-01-2021, 02:51 PM

Go on.....say something positive.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2021, 02:51 PM
Positive. No way folk can say the club haven't done everything possible to get results on the field this season.

ElginHibbie
12-01-2021, 02:54 PM
Obviously would like a longer a deal, but if helps us to Europe and hopefully a cup win will still have been an excellent signing

CapitalGreen
12-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Martin Boyle (Loan) and Fraser Fyvie both signed initially on deals until the summer, had a good half season and then signed permanent long term deals.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 02:59 PM
Martin Boyle (Loan) and Fraser Fyvie both signed initially on deals until the summer, had a good half season and then signed permanent long term deals.

I think the reality with Irvine is that he's too good to play for Hibs, and we will be lucky to have him help us out this season in league & cups.

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-01-2021, 03:02 PM
Good signing, hope he can hit the ground running.

Not sure about the top-knot though, that freaks me out a bit.

BlackSheep
12-01-2021, 03:07 PM
Welcome to Hibs Jackson, someone tell him Movember finished a couple months back... lolololol.

MyJo
12-01-2021, 03:09 PM
There short term deals for him and Macey probably have a couple of factors in play. We still don’t know what next season will look like. If fans are allowed back into stadiums by August then our budget should go back to normal but there is the risk that we’re still not able to generate income and if that’s the case our budget will be stuffed next season as there will be a major drop in season ticket purchases to also contend with.

Secondly there is the situation with Marciano, Newell and Allan. If those guys sign new contracts and continue playing then it might mean there isn’t the budget to keep the new guys on longer term but if they all leave or stop play long then the budget is likely to be there to extend the deals of Macey and Irvine instead.

JimBHibees
12-01-2021, 03:09 PM
Brilliant news exactly the sort of player we need imo. As Jack said compliments what we have. Good deal for both parties. Hope he hits the ground running.

highland hibbee
12-01-2021, 03:13 PM
Also on the two names front, has anyone mentioned Jack Ross?s

or Ross Jack...

Since452
12-01-2021, 03:13 PM
Promising. Lets hope he leaves the club a cup winner. Its considerably increased our chances.

Lee Marvin
12-01-2021, 03:14 PM
Good luck at Aberdeen next season Jackson

;)

highland hibbee
12-01-2021, 03:15 PM
Good signing, hope he can hit the ground running.

Not sure about the top-knot though, that freaks me out a bit.

delighted to have him on board, saw him quite a lot at County and if he plays to his ability he’s a first team regular

overdrive
12-01-2021, 03:19 PM
Good signing if he can get up to speed. He needs a shave and a haircut, though.

Smartie
12-01-2021, 03:22 PM
I'd like to express my delight on the footballing front but concern that we appear to have gone down the man bun route.

Our last hairy statement was Rowan Vine iirc.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Jackson Ibrahimovic with that hair doo and tache. :cool2:

Peevemor
Some great self-mockery on the fishy twitter

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210112/b6d2a499858f68500aa375de4473e8e5.jpg

CapitalGreen
I think the reality with Irvine is that he's too good to play for Hibs, and we will be lucky to have him help us out this season in league & cups.

Too good to play for Hibs but not good enough to get a deal elsewhere?

I like him and I’m glad we’ve signed him but people seem to have a very high opinion of his level of ability. His career path has been County, Burton and a relegated Hull side.

superfurryhibby
12-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Sorry but that is nonsense. Given his circumstances, I would say he is very lucky to be able to sign for a club of our stature. He is joining a club who are strong favourites to qualify for Europe and have a strong chance of winning a cup competition.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Sorry but that is nonsense. Given his circumstances, I would say he is very lucky to be able to sign for a club of our stature. He is joining a club who are strong favourites to qualify for Europe and have a strong chance of winning a cup competition.If he was our level we would have him on a longer contract. Not sure why you think that's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Since452
12-01-2021, 03:27 PM
Another striker and Cadden and we have a very good squad. Arguably better than Aberdeen's. Throw in Scott Allan too.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 03:29 PM

I like him and I’m glad we’ve signed him but people seem to have a very high opinion of his level of ability. His career path has been County, Burton and a relegated Hull side.His standard won't have dropped. We've signed him because it suits both parties, the reason he is on a 6 month deal will be to help us but also get him in the shop window.

Billy Whizz
Another striker and Cadden and we have a very good squad. Arguably better than Aberdeen's. Throw in Scott Allan too.

Aberdeen could lose Scott Wright this month

Smartie

I like him and I’m glad we’ve signed him but people seem to have a very high opinion of his level of ability. His career path has been County, Burton and a relegated Hull side.

Sides might be being understandably cautious about committing to longer contracts etc as they wait to see what covid means for us all.

I have a hunch that he'll be a good fit for us - and that he might gain as much from the move as we do.

No need to be overly pessimistic that he'll feel the need to run away at the first opportunity.

A season or two playing well for us might lead to much better opportunities for him in future rather than take the first opportunity that comes at a higher level than Hibs over the summer.

Anthony Soprano
12-01-2021, 03:34 PM
His standard won't have dropped. We've signed him because it suits both parties, the reason he is on a 6 month deal will be to help us but also get him in the shop window.

That could be true, those may be his intentions, but i wouldn't agree that he's too good to play for Hibs.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 03:38 PM
That could be true, those may be his intentions, but i wouldn't agree that he's too good to play for Hibs.Thats fine, opinions make conversation.

greenpaper55
12-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Must be some mistake, by my measurement he is nearly 6-3 in old money , we only sign short a....

Greenbeard
12-01-2021, 03:47 PM
Compared with the starting team last night, if Irvine replaces Hallberg, Boyle is back in instead of Wright, and Gogic retains his place after his sterling display, how would we best fit in Allan once he is fit again?
I know hee-haw about Irvine but Allan being fit again and linking up with Nisbet is what most excites me about the second half of the season, hopefully combined with a return to form for Boyle.

Hermit Crab
12-01-2021, 03:47 PM
How tall is he? :dunno:

superfurryhibby
12-01-2021, 03:48 PM
If he was our level we would have him on a longer contract. Not sure why you think that's nonsense.

It’s nonsense to say he’s too good for Hibs, given his career thus far and the fact that he has been without a club and not played a game for a long time. Add our current circumstances and that makes your statement seem a bit bizarre to me.

The short term contract situation suits both parties. They’ve worked out well for Hibs in recent years.

Out of interest, who do you think he is good enough for?

Mikey_1875
12-01-2021, 03:49 PM
Can only be a positive bringing depth to a midfield in desperate need of it. Hopefully fit and ready to compete for a semi final place!

Vault Boy
12-01-2021, 03:50 PM
Delighted by that. Hopefully the move works for all parties involved and we end up seeing him stay, but this season is the focus just now.

Welcome. 🇦🇺

neil7908
12-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Brilliant. Just hoping we can keep him beyond the summer.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 03:53 PM
It’s nonsense to say he’s too good for Hibs, given his career thus far and the fact that he has been without a club and not played a game for a long time. Add our current circumstances and that makes your statement seem a bit bizarre to me.

The short term contract situation suits both parties. They’ve worked out well for Hibs in recent years.

Out of interest, who do you think he is good enough for?I really can't be bothered arguing. I just posted my opinion, you disagree and that's fine. Didn't mean to trigger you.

superfurryhibby
12-01-2021, 03:56 PM
I really can't be bothered arguing. I just posted my opinion, you disagree and that's fine. Didn't mean to trigger you.

Bizarre, I thought we were having a discussion. The only one triggered is you. If you post such a polemic view, be prepared to have it questioned:

At least I bothered to try and explain my opinion and no just spit the dummy oot, ��

swin82
12-01-2021, 04:01 PM

Out of interest, who do you think he is good enough for?

100% agree with you😃 he hasn’t kicked a ball in months and we didn’t dive in and offer a 5 year contract like the maggenis(although i think he will be a cracking player for us eventually) it suits both parties and who’s to say he won’t stay longer.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Bizarre, I thought we were having a discussion. The only one triggered is you. If you post such a polemic view, be prepared to have it questioned:

At least I bothered to try and explain my opinion and no just spit the dummy oot, ��Polemic is an attack on something. The only person that attacked anyones views was you. I'm not spitting the dummy, I'm just at work and have already wasted enough time replying.

truehibernian
12-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Terrific signing :aok: exactly what we need in midfield from an attacking point of view centrally, will be a huge asset in the business end of the season when we are trying to win the cups and secure Europe. Lots for him to play for personally and for the club. Short term deal makes sense for both parties to have a close look at each other. Hibs have always been good at securing players beyond short term / loan deals when they've been a success (Dylan, Fyvie, Marciano, Kamberi, etc.).

Roxyhibee
12-01-2021, 04:12 PM
Liking this signing a lot and he speaks positively about us too. Hope we can get him playing soon enough - we need him.

superfurryhibby
12-01-2021, 04:14 PM
Polemic is an attack on something. The only person that attacked anyones views was you. I'm not spitting the dummy, I'm just at work and have already wasted enough time replying.

A polemic is a strong verbal or written attack on something or someone. A strongly disputatious speech or view. Saying a player like Jackson Irvine is too good for Hibs on a Hibs fans forum fits that description pretty well to me.

Can I suggest that ( to use a well worn hibs.net cliche) if you’re that sensitive, then maybe a football forum isn’t the place for you:na na

Now, stop skiving and do some work.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2021, 04:15 PM
Compared with the starting team last night, if Irvine replaces Hallberg, Boyle is back in instead of Wright, and Gogic retains his place after his sterling display, how would we best fit in Allan once he is fit again?
I know hee-haw about Irvine but Allan being fit again and linking up with Nisbet is what most excites me about the second half of the season, hopefully combined with a return to form for Boyle.
Allan would play Vs Killie instead of Gogic. Squad game.

number9dream
12-01-2021, 04:15 PM

His last game was 7 March, so it's going to take a while to get up and running. So much of his game is based on physicality and stamina.
Here's hoping we can get a strong end to the season from the big man but expectations should be tempered in the short-term.

hibsbollah
12-01-2021, 04:18 PM
Another World Cup panini album signing. Mark Milligan, Claros, De la Cruz, any others? (In post Scotland qualification era only, so say 1998 onwards)

Jim44
12-01-2021, 04:19 PM
Delighted by that. Hopefully the move works for all parties involved and we end up seeing him stay, but this season is the focus just now.

Welcome. 🇦🇺

Brilliant. Just hoping we can keep him beyond the summer.

A muppet on KB saying that, if he makes the grade with us, they should go after him in the summer.:faf:

04Sauzee
12-01-2021, 04:24 PM
A muppet on KB saying that, if he makes the grade with us, they should go after him in the summer.:faf:

A muppet on KB 🤔 surely not 😅

Heisenberg
12-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Happy with him coming in. Only till the end of the season isn’t ideal but it could work for everyone involved. Hopefully he does well, loves it here and commits long term.

MWHIBBIES
12-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Another World Cup panini album signing. Mark Milligan, Claros, De la Cruz, any others? (In post Scotland qualification era only, so say 1998 onwards)

Maclaren. Killen.

Hibernian Verse
12-01-2021, 04:28 PM
A polemic is a strong verbal or written attack on something or someone. A strongly disputatious speech or view. Saying a player like Jackson Irvine is too good for Hibs on a Hibs fans forum fits that description pretty well to me.

Can I suggest that ( to use a well worn hibs.net cliche) if you’re that sensitive, then maybe a football forum isn’t the place for you:na na

Now, stop skiving and do some work.

I'd have happily answered you if you asked me straight out why I have the opinion that he's too good for Hibs. I didnt realise preferring some decorum was being sensitive but ill take it under consideration.

12-01-2021, 04:37 PM

Macey-5

HendoDelivered
12-01-2021, 04:43 PM

6’2”

Hibiza
12-01-2021, 04:49 PM
Great news , well done all . Welcome Jackson .

Pretty Boy
12-01-2021, 04:58 PM
I like the Facebook Post from the club announcing this mentioning 'contractually obliged rave review of our facilities.'

Hibs communication and social media has definitely been on the up again lately after a bit of a lull. I like the not taking things too seriously approach. Not that important in the grand scheme of things but it's a bit different to what we saw for years.

Anyway good signing and hopefully it's one that we see extended at the end of the season because he's so good and we can offer European football.

Hibs90
12-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Very good signing. Wonder why it's only 6 months though. If he comes in has a great half season then we are left looking again.

The 90+2
12-01-2021, 05:47 PM
I’m all for dashing handsome footballers in our midfield engine room.

Welcome JI.

Alfred E Newman
12-01-2021, 05:51 PM
Very good signing. Wonder why it's only 6 months though. If he comes in has a great half season then we are left looking again.

He hasn’t played for almost a year and if he turns out to be another duffer we are not lumbered with a long term deal as we have been too often in the past.

Hibs90
12-01-2021, 05:56 PM
He hasn’t played for almost a year and if he turns out to be another duffer we are not lumbered with a long term deal as we have been too often in the past.

He's a good player. Whether he's up to speed or not we will see. Or on the flip side he could have a blinder and have his pick of clubs come the summer or worse yet we lose him to Aberdeen.

The 90+2
12-01-2021, 06:00 PM

He’s a brilliant player.

Wilson
12-01-2021, 06:03 PM
He's a good player. Whether he's up to speed or not we will see. Or on the flip side he could have a blinder and have his pick of clubs come the summer.

If he does that then the deal will have worked for both parties. We need that quality in immediately. If it is short term then so be it - so long as he has the impact we need now. We can then revisit building for the longer term on the back of a successful season.

Lago
12-01-2021, 06:07 PM
His last game was 7 March, so it's going to take a while to get up and running. So much of his game is based on physicality and stamina.
Here's hoping we can get a strong end to the season from the big man but expectations should be tempered in the short-term.
By the time he gets up to speed the 6 months will be up. :confused:

Malthibby
12-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Some great self-mockery on the fishy twitter

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210112/b6d2a499858f68500aa375de4473e8e5.jpg

That's very funny, self-deprecation is wonderful, grown-up comedy, emphasised by it's total absence within a five mile radius of Tynecastle (please adjust distance if Easter Road's within five).
GG

Peevemor
12-01-2021, 06:25 PM
By the time he gets up to speed the 6 months will be up. :confused:He's been training with Oldham and has played in bounce matches.

hibsbollah
12-01-2021, 06:35 PM
Maclaren. Killen.

:aok: I’d actually forgotten Jamie McLaren existed. Not a bad player, just forgettable somehow.

truehibernian
12-01-2021, 06:41 PM
:aok: I’d actually forgotten Jamie McLaren existed. Not a bad player, just forgettable somehow.

Don't forget adopted Aussie Joe Kennan bollah :greengrin a player who was as painful to watch as my recurring sciatica !!!

hibsbollah
12-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Don't forget adopted Aussie Joe Kennan bollah :greengrin a player who was as painful to watch as my recurring sciatica !!!

I don’t think Keenan ever made the dizzy heights of Panini, TH :greengrin I can’t remember him doing anything in that midfield. At least Ross Chisholm was good at pointing. Them two, and Alan OBrien and Filipe Morais. What a midfield that was.

What do McLaren, Ivan Sproule and Bobby Combe have in common?

greenginger
12-01-2021, 06:50 PM
I don’t think Keenan ever made the dizzy heights of Panini, TH :greengrin I can’t remember him doing anything in that midfield. At least Ross Chisholm was good at pointing. Them two, and Alan OBrien and Filipe Morais. What a midfield that was.

What do McLaren, Ivan Sproule and Bobby Combe have in common?

Hat tricks against the The’s

hibsbollah
12-01-2021, 06:56 PM
Hat tricks against the The’s

:top marks

Since452
12-01-2021, 06:59 PM
He's not impressed me in a Hibs shirt so far. Wacko Jacko the fraud only here for the money. Worst player since Drey Wright. Ross out.

HoboHarry
12-01-2021, 07:02 PM
He's not impressed me in a Hibs shirt so far. Wacko Jacko the fraud only here for the money. Worst player since Drey Wright. Ross out.
Watch oot or his dad Zlatan will come and give you a kicking.....

Radium
12-01-2021, 07:04 PM
... and a new superfan ...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210112/87a4f3c9eb3b9473578d11401ea5d14a.png

Scorrie
12-01-2021, 07:07 PM
Irving’s photo on Hibs Twitter looks like a football cigarette card from the 1920s. Great tache!

Dashing Bob S
12-01-2021, 07:22 PM
Irving’s photo on Hibs Twitter looks like a football cigarette card from the 1920s. Great tache!

Since the departure of Petrie we’ve been lacking in tache department.

This guy sounds exactly what we need and hopefully he gets up to speed quickly.

Andy74
12-01-2021, 07:30 PM
Since the departure of Petrie we’ve been lacking in tache department.

This guy sounds exactly what we need and hopefully he gets up to speed quickly.

What do you make of those earrings though Robert?

gbhibby
12-01-2021, 08:04 PM
Welcome To Hibs Jacko you can wear your hair however you want.

Tambo
12-01-2021, 08:10 PM
Hopefully can bring some steel and energy to the midfield.

I think defence we are ok to not bring anyone in bar the past two home games I think been more solid than previous years.

Would like to see one more wide/central creative player and striker.

Andy74
12-01-2021, 08:42 PM
Hopefully can bring some steel and energy to the midfield.

I think defence we are ok to not bring anyone in bar the past two home games I think been more solid than previous years.

Would like to see one more wide/central creative player and striker.

We are still one problem away from playing McGregor or Gray. Love both of them but at the stage they are at and not playing it does give us an issue.

We’ve got about 8 central midfielders so would be good to also have cover and options at the back.

Agree on another striker though ideally.

superfurryhibby
12-01-2021, 08:48 PM
We are still one problem away from playing McGregor or Gray. Love both of them but at the stage they are at and not playing it does give us an issue.

We’ve got about 8 central midfielders so would be good to also have cover and options at the back.

Agree on another striker though ideally.

A few folk have said Gogic sometimes played Centre Half at Hamilton. Maybe he can offer some cover at the back once Irvine and Magennis are ready for starting?

Unseen work
12-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Never mind the ability of Allan, Newell and Irvine but think of the hair! Unbelievable.

jacomo
12-01-2021, 09:02 PM
Never mind the ability of Allan, Newell and Irvine but think of the hair! Unbelievable.

Magnificent midfield manes.

Andy74
12-01-2021, 09:04 PM
A few folk have said Gogic sometimes played Centre Half at Hamilton. Maybe he can offer some cover at the back once Irvine and Magennis are ready for starting?

That’s true. He’s really only played midfield recently.

hibsbollah
12-01-2021, 09:12 PM

Fantastically flowing follicles.

Smartie
12-01-2021, 09:18 PM

Hairy handsome heroes.

hibsbollah
12-01-2021, 09:19 PM
Hairy handsome heroes.

Wonderful winsome wordplay :greengrin

#cheat

wookie70
12-01-2021, 09:20 PM
Ludicrously luscious locks

GRA
12-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Happy with this signing. Hoping he can replicate some of his performances from his County days. He marked John McGinn out of the league cup final in 2016 and bossed the midfield, a major factor in their victory that day. Hoping that's the Jackson we've signed 🇳🇬

12-01-2021, 09:23 PM
... and a new superfan ...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210112/87a4f3c9eb3b9473578d11401ea5d14a.png

Best tweets I've seen for a while.

Hibs1969
12-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Hairy handsome heroes.
Heavenly Hirsute Hibees

12-01-2021, 09:48 PM
Heavenly Hirsute Hibees

We don't have any Brazilians right enough.

Nicho87
12-01-2021, 09:48 PM
McInnes will be trying to get him on a pre-contract as we speak.

Baader
12-01-2021, 10:04 PM
He has a tattoo of Lou Reed on his upper arm. That's a massive 👍 from me right away.

jacomo
12-01-2021, 10:05 PM
Happy with this signing. Hoping he can replicate some of his performances from his County days. He marked John McGinn out of the league cup final in 2016 and bossed the midfield, a major factor in their victory that day. Hoping that's the Jackson we've signed 🇳🇬

Another major factor was Fyvie and Dylan being injured. Poor Katie just didn’t have the legs for it anymore.

But yes Irvine played brilliantly that match.

leith lynx
12-01-2021, 10:23 PM
Ludicrously luscious locks

Beautifully Bouffanted Barnets

Radium
12-01-2021, 11:05 PM
He has a tattoo of Lou Reed on his upper arm. That's a massive [emoji106] from me right away.

There was me thinking it was Johnny Cash ...

hibbysam
12-01-2021, 11:35 PM
Another major factor was Fyvie and Dylan being injured. Poor Katie just didn’t have the legs for it anymore.

But yes Irvine played brilliantly that match.

Who didn’t have the legs anymore?

GreyJammies
12-01-2021, 11:41 PM
My new favourite Hibs player ever.

We need a song people.

Something that will tear the ceilings and roofs off of living rooms.

HoboHarry
13-01-2021, 12:09 AM
Who didn’t have the legs anymore?

Kevin Thomson. Surprised you don't know who Katie is.....

Hermit Crab
13-01-2021, 12:22 AM
He has a tattoo of Lou Reed on his upper arm. That's a massive �� from me right away.

The singer? Or is that rhyming slang for something else? :wink: :smokin

hibbysam
13-01-2021, 12:29 AM

I do, just weird folk are still calling him that all these years later.

Since452
13-01-2021, 05:52 AM

Hibs.net is the only place I've ever heard him called that. If you didn't read this forum you wouldn't have a clue. Same sort of patter as yams

Magpie
13-01-2021, 06:07 AM
My new favourite Hibs player ever.

We need a song people.

Something that will tear the ceilings and roofs off of living rooms.

Hull fans sang this to the tune of Sweet Caroline..

“Jackson Irvine (Bah bah bah) long hair never looked so good”

.Sean.
13-01-2021, 06:12 AM
Dunno about that, I thought he looks like he’s just stopped filming Pirates of the Carribean.

Very good signing, get him straight in the team

number9dream
13-01-2021, 09:34 AM
Dunno about that, I thought he looks like he’s just stopped filming Pirates of the Carribean.

Very good signing, get him straight in the team

Easy Tiger. It looks like he was training at Oldham for a week or so and he hasn't played a proper game in 10 months.
Mulumbu has only just begun to start for Killie after joining in the summer following a year out. Efe pretty much strolled back for Livi after a similar sabbatical but the big man is not exactly going box-to-box these days is he?
JI is a good bit younger but it's still going to take time to get match fit, particularly when his game is all about energy and athleticism.
A bit of patience is required.
It will be the same with Cadden, if he arrives, since he is another workhorse with an impressive engine, but has not had many minutes in the MLS since March.
It should take some pressure off Magennis, allowing him to take care he gets fully fit without any more setbacks.

hibbysam
13-01-2021, 10:38 AM
Easy Tiger. It looks like he was training at Oldham for a week or so and he hasn't played a proper game in 10 months.
Mulumbu has only just begun to start for Killie after joining in the summer following a year out. Efe pretty much strolled back for Livi after a similar sabbatical but the big man is not exactly going box-to-box these days is he?
JI is a good bit younger but it's still going to take time to get match fit, particularly when his game is all about energy and athleticism.
A bit of patience is required.
It will be the same with Cadden, if he arrives, since he is another workhorse with an impressive engine, but has not had many minutes in the MLS since March.
It should take some pressure off Magennis, allowing him to take care he gets fully fit without any more setbacks.

He’s been training with Oldham since before Xmas, he’s played bounce games, he’ll be fit. Only way to get ‘match fit’ is by playing games. I’d rather give him the game this weekend before the semi final.

JimBHibees
13-01-2021, 10:42 AM
He’s been training with Oldham since before Xmas, he’s played bounce games, he’ll be fit. Only way to get ‘match fit’ is by playing games. I’d rather give him the game this weekend before the semi final.

Tend to agree especially if Newell injured. Obviously assuming his fitness is good enough to start the game. Up to Jack and sports science folk to decide.

Andy74
13-01-2021, 10:44 AM

Looks like he was training on his own at Oldham and played a couple of bounce games. Might take him a few weeks of proper training and playing games to see the best of him but I’m sure he’d get by going straight in.

scoopyboy
13-01-2021, 10:46 AM
Looks like he was training on his own at Oldham and played a couple of bounce games. Might take him a few weeks of proper training and playing games to see the best of him but I’m sure he’d get by going straight in.

I think Cadden will be in the team before Jackson but I'm just guessing at that.

worcesterhibby
13-01-2021, 11:08 AM
I think Cadden will be in the team before Jackson but I'm just guessing at that.

I suspect he's fitter than you think. "Irvine has been working with Australian legend Harry Kewell at Oldham Athletic to regain his fitness and has been on a tailored plan by FFA conditioning coach Andrew Clark to keep himself ready for a return to club action." Not 90 minutes match fit maybe, but I doubt he's far off it,

scoopyboy
13-01-2021, 11:21 AM
I suspect he's fitter than you think. "Irvine has been working with Australian legend Harry Kewell at Oldham Athletic to regain his fitness and has been on a tailored plan by FFA conditioning coach Andrew Clark to keep himself ready for a return to club action." Not 90 minutes match fit maybe, but I doubt he's far off it,

I'm not saying the guy isn't fit, far from it.

However being fit and match fit are two different things.

I'm just guessing Cadden will make his debut before Jackson, not a big deal who plays first.

Important thing is both players will make us better.

NOLA
13-01-2021, 01:42 PM

He’s not in boot camp [emoji23]

Kinross Hibee
13-01-2021, 01:44 PM
Very good signing, hopefully mutual benefit to club and player. Impress, sign on for 3 years, have a great season or two and move on for a fair transfer fee. That's the business we are in and I'm sure the club will be hoping for the same :thumbsup:

Since90+2
13-01-2021, 02:19 PM
I think Irvine will play on Saturday if Newell is out. He probably won't start but I can see him coming off the bench.

Ozyhibby
13-01-2021, 02:29 PM
I think Irvine will play on Saturday if Newell is out. He probably won't start but I can see him coming off the bench.

He needs to play. It’s not like we can spend a couple of months bedding him in. He needs to hit the ground running as he is only on a 6 month deal and we have a semi final in 11 days. He should be starting at the weekend. Can’t have another Magennis situation.

Booked4Being-Ugly
13-01-2021, 02:37 PM

I'm just guessing Cadden will make his debut before Jackson, not a big deal who plays first.

Is Cadden still happening and if so what’s the hold up?

HoboHarry
13-01-2021, 02:37 PM

Has Cadden actually signed?

Jim44
13-01-2021, 03:02 PM
Has Cadden actually signed?

Cadden’s signature has been on the cards for some time now. I can only assume the issue lies with his American club or possibly personal terms.

Souter96Mac
13-01-2021, 03:04 PM
Cadden’s signature has been on the cards for some time now. I can only assume the issue lies with his American club or possibly personal terms.

It sounds like the American club still owe Motherwell money, so they're sorting that out

jacomo
13-01-2021, 03:24 PM
I do, just weird folk are still calling him that all these years later.

Why did you ask then?

Kevin Thomson. KT. Katie.

It’s all ok, really it is.

scoopyboy
13-01-2021, 03:58 PM
Is Cadden still happening and if so what’s the hold up?

He has signed.

Hold up was nothing to do with Hibs.

Should be announced anytime I would imagine.

Standard 5pm perhaps:greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
13-01-2021, 05:49 PM
Why did you ask then?

"The Hun" will do for me.

hibbysam
13-01-2021, 05:54 PM
Why did you ask then?

If your about 12 I suppose.

cannastar
14-01-2021, 06:50 PM
reminds me of dirk lehman facially

Peevemor
14-01-2021, 07:05 PM
reminds me of dirk lehman faciallyI'm not sure this is the place to discuss the porn star & facials. [emoji41]

Since452
14-01-2021, 07:20 PM
I'm not sure this is the place to discuss the porn star & facials. [emoji41]

Dirk is definitely no stranger to a facial

hibees 7062
14-01-2021, 09:26 PM
https://youtu.be/oU1edlo0bvg?t=73

blackpoolhibs
15-01-2021, 10:16 AM
https://youtu.be/oU1edlo0bvg?t=73

The last goal he scored in that clip was a great example of a midfield player bursting a gut to get forward and into the box.

Something I don't think we have seen from us in a long while.

JimBHibees
15-01-2021, 10:19 AM
Some impressive clips from a game he played for Ross county at parkhead.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u34pYRQvxvY

JimBHibees
15-01-2021, 10:21 AM
The last goal he scored in that clip was a great example of a midfield player bursting a gut to get forward and into the box.

Something I don't think we have seen from us in a long while.

Yep looks exactly what we need. Just got to hope he is near ready to play and we can get the best of him. Potentially a game changer for us fingers crossed

Keith_M
15-01-2021, 11:38 AM
Yep looks exactly what we need. Just got to hope he is near ready to play and we can get the best of him. Potentially a game changer for us fingers crossed

I'm not quite convinced that the position of his fingers will make any difference to how effective he is for us.

GreenCastle
15-01-2021, 11:54 AM
He describes himself as high energy and box to box player..

Exactly what I’ve wanted since SJM left.

Any idea his squad number ? Also noticed a video of him on YouTube playing the guitar.

15-01-2021, 12:01 PM
He describes himself as high energy and box to box player..

Exactly what I’ve wanted since SJM left.

Any idea his squad number ? Also noticed a video of him on YouTube playing the guitar.

I imagine he'll be filling the Omeonga role. Hopefully Jack Ross can get a tune out of him.