PDA

View Full Version : Smallest Hibs away Supports

Pretty Boy
10-01-2021, 06:05 PM
Following on from the thread about big Hibs away supports what are the games you were at when many decided to stay at home?

I remember a Monday night game away to Aberdeen in 2006. We lost 2-1 to a late Scott Severn goal. Game was on TV and the Hibs support was little more than a couple of hundred.

I was at the Ayr semi final at which the crowd limped into 5 figures and was at Hampden for the Dunfermilne replay in the SC as well (crowd 8536).

One that wasn't really a small crowd but it stands out because it was so cold was a rearranged game v Morton away in the 2016 season. We won 1-0 with Stokes scoring but anyone that stayed home made the righ decision. There was also an away game against Partick Thistle that was a 1-1 draw in 2004, must have been one of Bobby Williamsons last games in charge that wasn't going to break any attendance records.

Bishop Hibee
10-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Not much more than 200 at Tannadice midweek when we won 0-3 with a Keith Wright hat-trick. 27 Hibees in the Stand as I was one of them.

Magpie
10-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Smallest at Tynecastle was possibly when Craig Beattie scored in a 2-0 defeat?

Billy Whizz
10-01-2021, 06:20 PM
Smallest at Tynecastle was possibly when Craig Beattie scored in a 2-0 defeat?

I’d have thought the smallest in recent times, was the 1-0 win when Deeks scored the winner, could be wrong though

Diclonius
10-01-2021, 06:23 PM
Tomorrow will be up there.

Chuck Rhoades
10-01-2021, 06:26 PM
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kilmarnock-fc_hibernian-fc/index/spielbericht/55214

Jan 2007. A baltic night. First Monday night game in this decade after introduce by TV hosts that season?

200 max Hibees.

B.H.F.C
10-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Ross County away midweek. Ivan Sproule scored the winner for them a few weeks after he’d left us for them.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2021, 06:37 PM
Berwick Rangers away, East of Scotland Shield final around about 1983, a Wednesday night. Edinburgh West ran the only bus from the club, think it was about 25 seats.

Chorley Hibee
10-01-2021, 06:38 PM
Following on from the thread about big Hibs away supports what are the games you were at when many decided to stay at home?

I remember a Monday night game away to Aberdeen in 2006. We lost 2-1 to a late Scott Severn goal. Game was on TV and the Hibs support was little more than a couple of hundred.

I was at the Ayr semi final at which the crowd limped into 5 figures and was at Hampden for the Dunfermilne replay in the SC as well (crowd 8536).

One that wasn't really a small crowd but it stands out because it was so cold was a rearranged game v Morton away in the 2016 season. We won 1-0 with Stokes scoring but anyone that stayed home made the righ decision. There was also an away game against Partick Thistle that was a 1-1 draw in 2004, must have been one of Bobby Williamsons last games in charge that wasn't going to break any attendance records.

Still not sure I've thawed out from that Morton game.

linlithgowhibbie
10-01-2021, 06:39 PM
Not much more than 200 at Tannadice midweek when we won 0-3 with a Keith Wright hat-trick. 27 Hibees in the Stand as I was one of them.

One of the reasons for the low away crowd was that the Forth Bridge closed due to a serious accident . Our bus only got over the bridge just after 19.30 and we decided that it was a waste of time going since we wouldn't get into dundee till 20.30ish at the earliest. There were loads of cars with fans in it stuck. We even asked the tollboth operator to get their office to contact Tannadice to ask for a delay to kick off.No idea if they did tho!
Totally gutted but dlighted when I heard the score:thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
10-01-2021, 06:39 PM
In terms of European nights, Runavik was pretty sparse all told and Vilnius and Dauguvpils weren’t huge.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-01-2021, 06:40 PM
Ross County away midweek. Ivan Sproule scored the winner for them a few weeks after he’d left us for them.

I ended up staying in the pub that night as it was absolutely hosing down. Had a 10er on Ivan to score 1st which helped.

BILLYHIBS
10-01-2021, 06:41 PM
The Ayr United Semi was pretty bad just wanted it to be over

The Tubs
10-01-2021, 06:44 PM
I think we took about 70 to this classic:

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=47751

Keith_M
10-01-2021, 06:46 PM
One of the smallest was the first time I went to Ibrox. There was about 50 of us in the Main Stand and another 200 in the Broomloan Stand Lower.

End of season game at Morton in the early 80s, with around 2-300 in attendance is another that springs to mind.

Ringothedog
10-01-2021, 06:54 PM
One I remember is a midweek away to Airdrie for a league cup group match when we couldn’t qualify, it was in 1983 and we put a really young team out and pumped them 3-1. I would guess about 70-100 of us

Peevemor
10-01-2021, 06:58 PM
One of the smallest was the first time I went to Ibrox. There was about 50 of us in the Main Stand and another 200 in the Broomloan Stand Lower.

End of season game at Morton in the early 80s, with around 2-300 in attendance is another that springs to mind.May 82 was the Morton match. It was Ally MacLeod's last game for Hibs and ended 0-0.

Unfortunately I was there.

I'm_cabbaged
10-01-2021, 07:01 PM
The Ayr United Semi was pretty bad just wanted it to be over

It was a horrible night as well if remember right.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2021, 07:03 PM
For semi finals the 79 game v Aberdeen at Hampden has to be up there. Less than 10000 in total there and my first trip to Hampden.
One trip I remember at Ibrox there was probably about 300 of us. We got a thin strip of the Broomloan stand nearest the main stand. Pretty sure we won as well. Might have been Colin Harris with the winner

Hibeewilly
The Rangers at Ibrox under Calderwood.......3-0 to us......around 250 of us there.....great night though. Francis Dikoh, Liam Miller and cant remember who the other scorer was:greengrin

Liberal Hibby
If reserve matches count then I think I was the only Hibs fan at a Rangers v Hibs game in 1990 at Jordanhill College featuring a trialist in green and white - one Ronnie Rosenthal.

HibeeHibernian4
10-01-2021, 07:04 PM
In terms of European nights, Runavik was pretty sparse all told and Vilnius and Dauguvpils weren’t huge.

Would've been a few more in Runavik if the ******* plane hadn't stranded Hibees in Copenhagen. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
10-01-2021, 07:05 PM
The Rangers at Ibrox under Calderwood.......3-0 to us......around 250 of us there.....great night though. Francis Dikoh, Liam Miller and cant remember who the other scorer was:greengrin

I had a ticket for that one. Decided after the Hearts game on the Saturday that I wasn't going to bother.......

I saw the 2 other 3-0s so 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Billy Whizz
10-01-2021, 07:07 PM

I was at that game too Willy

kaimendhibs
10-01-2021, 07:08 PM
For semi finals the 79 game v Aberdeen at Hampden has to be up there. Less than 10000 in total there and my first trip to Hampden.
One trip I remember at Ibrox there was probably about 300 of us. We got a thin strip of the Broomloan stand nearest the main stand. Pretty sure we won as well. Might have been Colin Harris with the winnerThat semi was mental. I mind both sets of fans in the 'sevco' end separated by a big metal fence. Missiles flying back and forth over it. Great result tho

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
10-01-2021, 07:10 PM
It was a horrible night as well if remember right.Another horrible night etched in my memory. The replay v Pars was grim too. I mind Sol Bamba booting Benji black and blue all game but Craig Thompson gave us nowt.
Then to cap it all he gave them a penalty for a dive by Hammil. (Sp)

HibeeHibernian4
10-01-2021, 07:11 PM
One that always sticks out to me is the first game after Fenlon was sacked. Motherwell away on a Sunday. Live on the TV for good measure. Barely filled out a couple of blocks in the lower. Just searched it up on Twitter and there's a bitter Aberdeen forum account claiming we had 476 there that day. To be honest it felt like it was about half of that.

A year earlier we'd gone there and won 4-1 on a Friday night and had a large following (as we usual do through at Motherwell) that was bouncing.

berwickhibee
10-01-2021, 07:13 PM
Berwick Rangers away, East of Scotland Shield final around about 1983, a Wednesday night. Edinburgh West ran the only bus from the club, think it was about 25 seats.

2-2 draw?? Hibs won on pens? A young mickey weir played I think.

berwickhibee
10-01-2021, 07:17 PM
Ayr United away in the league Cup. Lewis Stevenson debut. Riordan scored in a 2-1 win.

Only about 300 there, including our mini bus from berwick. Hearts lost at Livi on the same night. 😁

Killiehibbie
10-01-2021, 07:18 PM
Anglo Scottish cup final in Bristol. My brother was one of about 50 given comps by Tom Hart, I think that was the majority of the support
1979 cup semi less than 10000 at Hampden against Aberdeen.

hibbysam
10-01-2021, 07:20 PM
I always get flashbacks to a midweek away game against Aberdeen when I was very young. Had family up there so my auld man, brother and me went to the football while they were all back at the house anytime we played up there. This could be completely fabricated but would be late 90’s/early 00’s and must’ve been a handful of us up there.

HibeeHibernian4
10-01-2021, 07:20 PM
Anyone know if there was a particular reason why the 79 semi final crowd was so small?

I know the crowds for the final got smaller and smaller with each replay, but can't get my head round a semi final with a gate of less than 10000. :confused:

BILLYHIBS
10-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Anyone know if there was a particular reason why the 79 semi final crowd was so small?

I know the crowds for the final got smaller and smaller with each replay, but can't get my head round a semi final with a gate of less than 10000. :confused:

Strange one

They met four days earlier in the League at Pittodrie in a 0-0 draw but even though?

Killiehibbie
10-01-2021, 07:33 PM

It was midweek and there was some dispute about venue.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2021, 07:34 PM
One trip I remember at Ibrox there was probably about 300 of us. We got a thin strip of the Broomloan stand nearest the main stand. Pretty sure we won as well. Might have been Colin Harris with the winner

Me and my mate Stevie went with our local newsagent who drove through at the last minute! Fine night.

I got treated to hospitality that night. ****ing hated it but what a result.

Anglo Scottish cup final in Bristol. My brother was one of about 50 given comps by Tom Hart, I think that was the majority of the support
1979 cup semi less than 10000 at Hampden against Aberdeen.

Semi final of the ASC by the way.

The way I remember it, everyone was skint by the 3rd game.

The Baldmans Comb
10-01-2021, 07:41 PM
Union Berlin away around 2012 was arranged at a few days notice as we were meant to be playing them the following week at home but Union called off but instead kindly offered us a reverse home fixture instead.

Hibs were already on a pre season tour of Holland so it wasn't difficult to fit in the match but it was more difficult for the supporters who had already booked up their return travel plans.

I would say around 60 -80 Hibs fans were at the game which Union Berlin won 2:0 in a really interesting part of Berlin where the stadium is situated in a forest.

I remember Leigh (2nd loan from Wolves perhaps) was up front for us and had tweeted the day before something about the terrible hotel and that "the lads were afraid to go to the showers"🙄.

This was before he played for Celtic so nobody really cared what daft remarks he made.

Iggy Pope
10-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Union Berlin away around 2012 was arranged at a few days notice as we were meant to be playing them the following week at home but called off but Union kindly offered us a home fixture instead.

Hibs were already on a pre season tour of Holland so it wasn't difficult to fit in the match but it was more difficult for the supporters who had already booked up their return travel plans.

I would say around 60 -80 Hibs fans were at the game which Union Berlin won 2:0 in a really interesting part of Berlin where the stadium is situated in a forest.

I remember Leigh was up front for us and had tweeted the day before something about the terrible hotel and that "the lads were afraid to go to the showers"🙄.

This was before he played for Celtic so nobody really cared what daft remarks he made.

My big mate is a Hertha / Hibs fan and I went with him. Not impressed that I insisted on buying a Union badge. Tidiest programme sellers I’ve ever witnessed and an interesting stadium with some story behind it. There were even less Hibbies at Vlissingen same tour.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 07:53 PM
Union Berlin away around 2012 was arranged at a few days notice as we were meant to be playing them the following week at home but Union called off but instead kindly offered us a reverse home fixture instead.

I remember Leigh (2nd loan from Wolves perhaps) was up front for us and had tweeted the day before something about the terrible hotel and that "the lads were afraid to go to the showers"🙄.

Flew to that one on my own, stood behind the goals with 2 other Hibbies, want to move round to where the other Hibs fans were standing round the side but the steward wouldn't let me and 2 others go.

kaimendhibs
10-01-2021, 07:59 PM

I remember Leigh (2nd loan from Wolves perhaps) was up front for us and had tweeted the day before something about the terrible hotel and that "the lads were afraid to go to the showers"[emoji849].

This was before he played for Celtic so nobody really cared what daft remarks he made.Wish I had been there. Ive been to see Union a few times, they are my second team. [emoji1197][emoji1197] The pub across the road from Kopenick station still has hibs stickers on the wall

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Small away crowds, loads of games could get a mention. Inverness away when we were 3-0 down after about 30 minutes on a Tuesday night springs to mind. Calderwoods first win as manager at Ibrox has already been mentioned. QOS away in the league cup under stubbs, lucky if there was 200 of us there and we got beat 2 or 3-0.

kaimendhibs
10-01-2021, 08:00 PM
Flew to that one on my own, stood behind the goals with 2 other Hibbies, want to move round to where the other Hibs fans were standing round the side but the steward wouldn't let me and 2 others go.Wish Id known

kaimendhibs
10-01-2021, 08:01 PM
Small away crowds, loads of games could get a mention. Inverness away when we were 3-0 down after about 30 minutes on a Tuesday night springs to mind. Calderwoods first win as manager at Ibrox has already been mentioned. QOS away in the league cup under stubbs, lucky if there was 200 of us there and we got beat 2 or 3-0.Remember that, coldest Ive ever been. Mibbe wrong, but was that Ivans debut off the bench?
Stayed in Inverness that night

Billy Whizz
10-01-2021, 08:02 PM
Small away crowds, loads of games could get a mention. Inverness away when we were 3-0 down after about 30 minutes on a Tuesday night springs to mind. Calderwoods first win as manager at Ibrox has already been mentioned. QOS away in the league cup under stubbs, lucky if there was 200 of us there and we got beat 2 or 3-0.

Was that the night Kuqi and Kujabi played

Northernhibee
10-01-2021, 08:03 PM

IIRC they played a techno version of "Sweet Caroline" both times they scored, would I be right in thinking that?

Killiehibbie
10-01-2021, 08:05 PM
Me and my mate Stevie went with our local newsagent who drove through at the last minute! Fine night.

I got treated to hospitality that night. ****ing hated it but what a result.

Semi final of the ASC by the way.

The way I remember it, everyone was skint by the 3rd game.

I knew that was semi as they beat St Mirren in the final. Don't know why I put final.

IberianHibernian
10-01-2021, 08:12 PM
May 82 was the Morton match. It was Ally MacLeod's last game for Hibs and ended 0-0.

Unfortunately I was there.I was at that too . There was another at Cappielaw 2 years before . 1 v 1 draw in last match of season , we`d been mathematically relegated a few weeks before so less than a 1000 at ER on Monday v Partick Th then tiny away support v Morton on Saturday .

Chuck Rhoades
10-01-2021, 08:17 PM
Hibs vs Zeeland Select in Holland.

Two kind .netters gave my friend and I a lift from Leuven, we played a game the first. Maybe 30 at the select game?

I can’t remember the username of the person who gave me a lift. Ex-copper along with an elderly gentleman - be keen to know how both were. Last bumped into him at Parkhead couple seasons back in the Springfield Vaults!

IberianHibernian
10-01-2021, 08:25 PM

I know the crowds for the final got smaller and smaller with each replay, but can't get my head round a semi final with a gate of less than 10000. :confused:I remember being at the game and it being packed with a great atmosphere but it was because everyone was packed into 1 or 2 sections of West . Crowd was very low . We`d started decline ( were relegated a year later ) and Aberdeen were still weak I think . Other semis v them at time were played at Dens ( LC the following season for example ) . Though we took big supports to other cup matches in 70s ( Dundee , Motherwell etc ) I don`t remember even Hearts fans commenting on our long run without winning cup till this century .

Crab apple
10-01-2021, 08:28 PM
Pre season friendly v Notts Forest in Portugal. About 50 Hibs fans at most and probably a couple of hundred Forest. Still managed to kick off though with a small number of riot police brought in during the second half.
Ayr cup semi was a bleak match. A Sunday game at St Mirren under Fenlon when we one 1 nil.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 08:29 PM
2006 semi v hearts. Ridiculous number of Hibs fans never turned up to that.

bigwheel
10-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Bury , Midweek in the late 80s (same pre season as Walsall and Oldham) ...can’t have been more than 30 or so Hibs there that night iirc.....

Billy Whizz
10-01-2021, 08:32 PM
Thread is getting a bit ridiculous unfortunately

MartinfaePorty
10-01-2021, 08:33 PM
I think we took about 70 to this classic:

https://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=47751Is that the game that was due to take place on, I think, Boxing Day but was postponed? Me and my mate went on one of the few supporter's buses and all I can remember is that it was absolutely freezing.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
10-01-2021, 08:35 PM
Hibs vs Zeeland Select in Holland.

Two kind .netters gave my friend and I a lift from Leuven, we played a game the first. Maybe 30 at the select game?

I can’t remember the username of the person who gave me a lift. Ex-copper along with an elderly gentleman - be keen to know how both were. Last bumped into him at Parkhead couple seasons back in the Springfield Vaults!

George would be his name, posts on here still

c31
10-01-2021, 08:38 PM
There were 7 of us for the 0v0 draw at Norrköping (Sweden) in 1978.

Chuck Rhoades
10-01-2021, 08:39 PM
Pre season friendly v Notts Forest in Portugal. About 50 Hibs fans at most and probably a couple of hundred Forest. Still managed to kick off though with a small number of riot police brought in during the second half.
Ayr cup semi was a bleak match. A Sunday game at St Mirren under Fenlon when we one 1 nil.

Lost a trainer in amongst all of that! Tam McCourt thankfully had it post-match. Police were heavy handed and at fault - was banter until they arrived.

Chuck Rhoades
10-01-2021, 08:40 PM
George would be his name, posts on here still

Cheers B👍🏻

IberianHibernian
10-01-2021, 08:42 PM
As friendlies have been mentioned ( Berlin etc ) I remember going to a 2 - 0 defeat at Berwick in about 1980 . A friendly arranged at short notice . We had a full strength team . Coldest I`ve been at any Hibs game perhaps . About 10 Hibs fans on train . There was a Saturday friendly at Crystal Palace in late 70s which was arranged at a day`s notice which will also have had a tiny support . Lots of games at Paisley, Greenock, Firrhill, Ayr with only a couple of hundred Hibbies too I`m sure . Partick Thistle away replay which was played on a Tuesday after being postponed about 10 minutes before kick off on Monday ( when I went ) for example . In European competition away matches , presumably tiny away supports except v Leeds and Liverpool both twice till 80s . Did any fans travel to Keflavik , Vaxjo or Guimaraes in 70s for example ?

hibeg
10-01-2021, 08:55 PM
As friendlies have been mentioned ( Berlin etc ) I remember going to a 2 - 0 defeat at Berwick in about 1980 . A friendly arranged at short notice . We had a full strength team . Coldest I`ve been at any Hibs game perhaps . About 10 Hibs fans on train . There was a Saturday friendly at Crystal Palace in late 70s which was arranged at a day`s notice which will also have had a tiny support . Lots of games at Paisley, Greenock, Firrhill, Ayr with only a couple of hundred Hibbies too I`m sure . Partick Thistle away replay which was played on a Tuesday after being postponed about 10 minutes before kick off on Monday ( when I went ) for example . In European competition away matches , presumably tiny away supports except v Leeds and Liverpool both twice till 80s . Did any fans travel to Keflavik , Vaxjo or Guimaraes in 70s for example ?

Went on a bus from the Hibs club to Strasbourg. That was an experience! Vowed never to go on a McKendries bus again 😂

Bishop Hibee
10-01-2021, 08:57 PM
Another horrible night etched in my memory. The replay v Pars was grim too. I mind Sol Bamba booting Benji black and blue all game but Craig Thompson gave us nowt.
Then to cap it all he gave them a penalty for a dive by Hammil. (Sp)

Aye Bamba pushed Dean Shiels over in the box about 5 minutes before. Stonewall penalty.

Fergus52
10-01-2021, 09:00 PM

I was there as well, mental night. Valdas trakys played unreal as the lone target man up front.

Remember it seeming less than 250 at the time, that wee corner section seemed almost empty.

ahibby
10-01-2021, 09:03 PM

I remember once being the only Hibby in the terrace at Tannadice although there was a handful more in a stand. We were demolished about 5 0 when Utd agreed not to score more.

Logie Green
10-01-2021, 09:17 PM
There’s dozens of games where we’ve had small supports for various reasons but as some are going down the ‘obscure’ route how about the friendly with Oldham Athletic on the Isle of Man in the late 80s?

Both teams had failed to qualify for the final of the 8 team tournament we were there for so they organised a friendly which was played at 10.30 on a Saturday morning on a pitch which had several tents pitched around it. Probably only about 20-30 Hibs fans there as some had returned home and the game only seemed to have become known about the day before. Goram was in goal for Oldham and Denis Irwin played too.

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 09:21 PM
Turriff utd away. :greengrin

The Tubs
10-01-2021, 09:22 PM
Is that the game that was due to take place on, I think, Boxing Day but was postponed? Me and my mate went on one of the few supporter's buses and all I can remember is that it was absolutely freezing.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I can't remember. Though I do remember a home game against Thistle being cancelled due to floodlight failure in the mid 90s.

weecounty hibby
10-01-2021, 09:24 PM

I was at a pre.season tourney at Turrif early 90s. Us, St Mirren, Turrif and someone else who I can't remember. Spent the weekend up there. Was a few dozen Hibbies up there but not too many

IberianHibernian
10-01-2021, 09:31 PM
I always get flashbacks to a midweek away game against Aberdeen when I was very young. Had family up there so my auld man, brother and me went to the football while they were all back at the house anytime we played up there. This could be completely fabricated but would be late 90’s/early 00’s and must’ve been a handful of us up there.I was at a New Year`s Day game at Pittodrie in about 1980 ( will have been a season when Hearts had been relegated ) and there weren`t many Hibbies . A year later we played in Berwick on New Year`s Day which I missed as no transport ( I was there on 31st of same month for another league game - crazy fixtures ) so suppose support will have been small .

HibeeHibernian4
10-01-2021, 09:32 PM
QOS away in the league cup under stubbs, lucky if there was 200 of us there and we got beat 2 or 3-0.

Think that was Fenlon. :aok:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19340440

IberianHibernian
10-01-2021, 09:32 PM
Turriff utd away. :greengrinOn telly there seemed to be quite a good Hibs support . Maybe 200 ?

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 09:34 PM
Think that was Fenlon. :aok:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/19340440

Was it that long ago!!! **** me man, my memory is going. :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
10-01-2021, 09:35 PM

Fair few at that! Did one of the HSC coaches not have to change as driver filled his pants🤣

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 09:37 PM
Fair few at that! Did one of the HSC coaches not have to change as driver filled his pants🤣

Thats may have been the Carlton branch that the driver took unwell.

Jamesie
10-01-2021, 09:40 PM
I always get flashbacks to a midweek away game against Aberdeen when I was very young. Had family up there so my auld man, brother and me went to the football while they were all back at the house anytime we played up there. This could be completely fabricated but would be late 90’s/early 00’s and must’ve been a handful of us up there.

We were due to play Aberdeen in December 2000 but the game was postponed due to snow. I had a couple of pals up visiting me in Aberdeen for the weekend - I was a student there at the time - and we were gutted, because Hibs were absolutely flying that autumn / winter.

Rescheduled for a Tuesday night the following March on a freezing, rain lashed night when we weren’t doing so well and from memory I think I was one of about 40 Hibees in attendance. Aberdeen scored early doors and held on for a 1-0 win.

Jamesie
10-01-2021, 09:42 PM
For friendlies, there can’t have been more than about 30 Hibs fans in attendance in Telford in July 1998 when we were contemplating life in Division 1. A match most memorable for the square go that broke out in front of us - I’ll always remember the stunned look on Tony Rougier’s face as he looked into the enclosure :greengrin

SideBurns
10-01-2021, 10:23 PM

Remember being at Ibrox in 1983 for a 0-0 draw (same day as Scotland's rugby team won the Triple Crown in Dublin on their way to the Grand Slam). Kevin McKee was pulled down in the box in the last minute, stonewaller; of course we didn't get it but we jumped up and shouted - honestly can't recall seeing any other Hibbies, but there must've been a few somewhere!!

hibbysam
10-01-2021, 10:37 PM
We were due to play Aberdeen in December 2000 but the game was postponed due to snow. I had a couple of pals up visiting me in Aberdeen for the weekend - I was a student there at the time - and we were gutted, because Hibs were absolutely flying that autumn / winter.

Rescheduled for a Tuesday night the following March on a freezing, rain lashed night when we weren’t doing so well and from memory I think I was one of about 40 Hibees in attendance. Aberdeen scored early doors and held on for a 1-0 win.

Probably that one. One of those things I’ve barely any recollection of it, other than it was freezing and there was barely any fans there, so couldn’t put my finger on whether I was just making it up or not!

BS44
10-01-2021, 10:51 PM
Kilmarnock away Boxing Day 2007, Collins hadn't long packed it in. Might have been 200 of us there and we lost 2 1

Jan 1985 Rangers 1 2 Hibs Bomber Harris scores winner. Go to 24 minutes for Hibs winner and not many Hibs support celebrating the goal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7rs44AVI6U

B.H.F.C
10-01-2021, 11:33 PM
I remember a game at Parkhead and there was 200 of us at the very most.

It was near the end of the season under Yogi I think. We lost but remember Riordan scoring a great goal. I also remember the Celtic end being as empty as I’ve ever seen it, think they were about 20 points behind Rangers after Mowbray had left.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2021, 01:49 AM
I remember a game at Parkhead and there was 200 of us at the very most.

It was near the end of the season under Yogi I think. We lost but remember Riordan scoring a great goal. I also remember the Celtic end being as empty as I’ve ever seen it, think they were about 20 points behind Rangers after Mowbray had left.

Aye he scored a great lob, terrible support that day, now folk greet we only get 1000 tickets. Where were they then? :greengrin:wink:

hibbysam
11-01-2021, 02:11 AM
Aye he scored a great lob, terrible support that day, now folk greet we only get 1000 tickets. Where were they then? :greengrin:wink:

The lob wasn’t that game. Lost 3-2 that day, went 2-1 up Deek scored a beauty left foot. Stokes got a penalty for high foot (almost identical to the one we gave away to them a couple of weeks before).

He lobbed Forster near the start of the following season in a 2-1 defeat.

Hermit Crab
11-01-2021, 04:50 AM
Celtic away when Galbraith scored in stoppage time to win it 1-2. I reckon you'd be lucky if there was 200 of us there that night, maybe even less than that. Carnage at the goal like. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
11-01-2021, 04:50 AM
The lob wasn’t that game. Lost 3-2 that day, went 2-1 up Deek scored a beauty left foot. Stokes got a penalty for high foot (almost identical to the one we gave away to them a couple of weeks before).

He lobbed Forster near the start of the following season in a 2-1 defeat.

:aok:

Was that a last minute winner for them? That Venegoor of Hessilink or something? Or Valharen?

Hermit Crab
11-01-2021, 04:55 AM

IIRC 120 was the official number that travelled to Latvia. I really enjoyed that trip. Watching the world cup final in Riga during an electrical storm was something else.

Dauguvpils was a right 1 horse town, 1 hotel with a nightclub on the top floor and 1 pub is all I seen in the town itself. 4 hour bus journey to get there with no toilet on it.

Ringothedog
11-01-2021, 06:00 AM
For friendlies, there can’t have been more than about 30 Hibs fans in attendance in Telford in July 1998 when we were contemplating life in Division 1. A match most memorable for the square go that broke out in front of us - I’ll always remember the stunned look on Tony Rougier’s face as he looked into the enclosure :greengrin

The Villa “boy” wouldn’t stay down, every time he went down he got up again, a bit like a weeble. 10 minutes later the CCS got the telephone call and left for their arranged meeting. I would say there were a few more than 30 of us, probably about 100

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-01-2021, 08:04 AM
IIRC 120 was the official number that travelled to Latvia. I really enjoyed that trip. Watching the world cup final in Riga during an electrical storm was something else.

We watched it in a brothel, interesting ht entertainment! 😲

lord bunberry
11-01-2021, 08:29 AM
Celtic away when Galbraith scored in stoppage time to win it 1-2. I reckon you'd be lucky if there was 200 of us there that night, maybe even less than that. Carnage at the goal like. :greengrin
There was even less by the time the game finished. I got chucked out and went along to the pub, there was about 10 other hibbys there that had also been ejected. We were all standing outside waiting for our mates when the winner went in, the noise sounded like there was thousands in :greengrin

Carheenlea
11-01-2021, 08:29 AM

There was slightly more than 200 I think! The selling out of Ibrox and Parkhead regularly came a lot later, but this was a decent enough midweek following and this video I took at end just makes you yearn to be back following Hibs :boo hoo:

https://youtu.be/9CZTSvLTXZM

BILLYHIBS
11-01-2021, 08:37 AM
There was slightly more than 200 I think! The selling out of Ibrox and Parkhead regularly came a lot later, but this was a decent enough midweek following and this video I took at end just makes you yearn to be back following Hibs :boo hoo:

Typical jobsworth Celtic supporting Parkhead Stewards

I remember them trying to stop Scott Brown and Ivan Sproule celebrating goals at Darkheid in front of us

Thanks for posting

Forza Fred
11-01-2021, 08:43 AM
Friendly against York City circa 1970 at York in midweek

2 carloads of us from the Carlton branch after a drunken weekend returning from the Middlesbrough friendly.

Think we lost 1-0

Carheenlea
11-01-2021, 08:46 AM
Typical jobsworth Celtic supporting Parkhead Stewards

I remember them trying to stop Scott Brown and Ivan Sproule celebrating goals at Darkheid in front of us

Thanks for posting

Artur Boruc had angrily booted the ball at high velocity into the Hibs crowd as he stormed off, and the ball hit a guy on the head. Most people laughed as it actually looked quite funny, but obviously not for the guy who got hit! There is another video of that somewhere and it hurt his pride more than anything! That would be why there was remonstrations with the steward but I’m not sure they could actually do anything about it really.

A great night.

Pretty Boy
11-01-2021, 08:48 AM
There was even less by the time the game finished. I got chucked out and went along to the pub, there was about 10 other hibbys there that had also been ejected. We were all standing outside waiting for our mates when the winner went in, the noise sounded like there was thousands in :greengrin

My mate got kicked out for standing on his seat trying to take a picture of a Celtic fan wearing a strip with a matching hooped kilt and socks. No warning, just straight out the door. I've still got the picture somewhere, boy looked a proper trumpet.

I would have put the crowd at a bit more than 200 mind you, I don't remember it being a notably small support, particularly for the time. Driving home to Aberdeen in my mates car after the game we were stopped by the Police because he forgot to put his headlights on. Daft mistake to make but we had to sit for an hour whilst the 2 Police played at being Serpico.

lord bunberry
11-01-2021, 09:02 AM
My mate got kicked out for standing on his seat trying to take a picture of a Celtic fan wearing a strip with a matching hooped kilt and socks. No warning, just straight out the door. I've still got the picture somewhere, boy looked a proper trumpet.

I would have put the crowd at a bit more than 200 mind you, I don't remember it being a notably small support, particularly for the time. Driving home to Aberdeen in my mates car after the game we were stopped by the Police because he forgot to put his headlights on. Daft mistake to make but we had to sit for an hour whilst the 2 Police played at being Serpico.
They’ve always been like that through there, I got chucked out the season they were playing at Hampden for being drunk, I’d had 2 pints.

Keith_M
11-01-2021, 09:30 AM
May 82 was the Morton match. It was Ally MacLeod's last game for Hibs and ended 0-0.

Unfortunately I was there.

That's the one.

Keith_M
11-01-2021, 09:45 AM

Jan 1985 Rangers 1 2 Hibs Bomber Harris scores winner. Go to 24 minutes for Hibs winner and not many Hibs support celebrating the goal

I was at that game and, for some strange reason, we had half a section in the Lower Tier and half a section directly behind in the Upper Tier, which I was in.

We had quite a good sing song in the Upper Tier and some people (not me, honest M'lud) started throwing pies at our fellow Hibbies in the Lower section.

There was a decent pagger outside the ground and then headed home on the train. Happy days :greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
11-01-2021, 09:51 AM

Brilliant - can see myself, my brother and big Kev McCabe doing the Hibees Bounce at around 1:35! Never seen this footage before cheers for sharing :aok:

BILLYHIBS
11-01-2021, 09:54 AM
Brilliant - can see myself, my brother and big Kev McCabe doing the Hibees Bounce at around 1:35! Never seen this footage before cheers for sharing :aok:
Aye! That’s Big Kev :greengrin

Jack
11-01-2021, 11:12 AM
I played for the Civil Service Strollers.

Hibs were playing the East of Scotland side in a pre season friendly down at Muirhouse at the time of Alex Miller. There were no supporters!

Our pre season game finished a wee bit earlier so we strolled over for the last few minutes. So that's maybe about a dozen for 10/15 minutes.

I think Hibs won 2 - 1.

Hibs didn't pay their share of the referee and other expenses due and that wasn't the only time that happened!!!!

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2021, 11:42 AM

Dauguvpils was a right 1 horse town, 1 hotel with a nightclub on the top floor and 1 pub is all I seen in the town itself. 4 hour bus journey to get there with no toilet on it.

Couple of pubs there. I went back there for a soiree

bringbackbenny
11-01-2021, 11:50 AM

I remember that small support behind the goals as well. The Utd tannoy announcer had a dig at Keith Wright during the warm ups, something about he never scores many against us :thumbsup:

Hermit Crab
11-01-2021, 12:04 PM

We've only go one section in that video, so maybe 400 there that night.

Valencia
11-01-2021, 01:34 PM
If friendlies count York City away early seventies. Met one other Hibby and he lived round the corner from the ground. Anybody else there. From memory beaten 2 -1 with Eric Stevenson getting a late consolation.

jodjam
11-01-2021, 01:40 PM
22 of us at Bury away on the Thursday before Oldham away

LancashireHibby
11-01-2021, 03:50 PM
Can't have been more than a couple of hundred of us at Killie away, the day before Christmas Eve in 2012, 1-1 draw.

bigwheel
11-01-2021, 03:51 PM
22 of us at Bury away on the Thursday before Oldham away

Mentioned that earlier - recall being in their supporters club under the main stand for beers before the game ......

Iggy Pope
11-01-2021, 04:32 PM
Couple of pubs there. I went back there for a soiree

I remember you telling me this.
I also remember big FD being out his tree at the game!

Baldy Foghorn
11-01-2021, 05:00 PM

Aye think he had ermmmm "sunstroke":greengrin

Iggy Pope
11-01-2021, 05:03 PM
Aye think he had ermmmm "sunstroke":greengrin

Ha!
Who was it me and you were in the Q behind on the Berlin easyJet flight on that tour to Leuven and Vlissingen? We were assessing his ability to play right there in the departure lounge. He probably sunk without trace....

Hermit Crab
11-01-2021, 05:17 PM

Marching through Riga airport swinging the belt extension he'd removed from the flight around his head screaming like a banshee.

Iggy Pope
11-01-2021, 06:03 PM
Marching through Riga airport swinging the belt extension he'd removed from the flight around his head screaming like a banshee.

Did a bit of damage to the seats behind the goals falling through them too! Riga was brilliant, we got the train up from Dauguvpils with another half dozen “notables” ....