PDA

View Full Version : No manager interview

lord bunberry
02-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Pish poor that Ross hasn’t come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.

Keith_M
02-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Pish poor that Ross hasn’t come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.

I'd much rather he was in the dressing room giving the team pelters for the second pathetic performance in a row.

Coco Bryce
02-01-2021, 04:34 PM
Just replay the one from Wednesday night.

Players off the pace, never really got going blah blah blah...

lord bunberry
02-01-2021, 04:34 PM
I'd much rather he was in the dressing room giving the team pelters for the second pathetic performance in a row.
I don’t think he’s the type tbh.

HoboHarry
02-01-2021, 04:35 PM
And say what? Much prefer that he's hopefully giving a few players a rollicking.

hibee-boys
02-01-2021, 04:37 PM
Weren’t any fine margins over the last 2 games.

lord bunberry
02-01-2021, 04:38 PM
And say what? Much prefer that he's hopefully giving a few players a rollicking.
Sorry would be a good start.

JohnM1875
02-01-2021, 04:40 PM

100% agree.

Paying fans, be it season ticket holders or PPV on the day, fans deserve an answer for what happened today on the back of that horror show against County.

A Hi-Bee
02-01-2021, 04:40 PM
He should be getting out that dressing room by kicking down the door, covered in blood and snot hauling out one of his loose teeth and throwing it at the presenter saying do you want some o the same, after taking on the lot o them, show some ****ing fight ffs. We are Hibs
:cb

Keith_M
02-01-2021, 04:42 PM

I'd be extremely disappointed if he wasn't

Jones28
02-01-2021, 04:43 PM

They got a going over after the Dundee United game.

lord bunberry
02-01-2021, 04:44 PM
100% agree.

Paying fans, be it season ticket holders or PPV on the day, fans deserve an answer for what happened today on the back of that horror show against County.
If we’d won he’d have been out no problem. The whole attitude towards the fans stinks at times, we just donated another £20k through HSL and not a word of thanks from the club. A wee thank you on social media would be nice.

Heisenberg
02-01-2021, 04:45 PM
They got a going over after the Dundee United game.

Sure he said he went mental at them at Aberdeen, Motherwell at HT and one of the league cup games too. He does have it in his locker as I’m sure John Potter does too. Not sure his reaction after County midweek was the right one, very dismissive of what was an atrocious performance.

SeanWilson
02-01-2021, 04:47 PM
Hopefully resigned.

Andy74
02-01-2021, 04:48 PM

Is there normally one on Hibs TV right after? Not sure I’ve seen that.

lord bunberry
02-01-2021, 04:49 PM
Is there normally one on Hibs TV right after? Not sure I’ve seen that.
Normally yes.

Since452
02-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Couldn't care less about an interview. It's all piss and wind anyway. Rather he had them locked in the dressing room ripping into them.

cabbageandribs1875
02-01-2021, 04:54 PM
the players appear to need a lot of anger directed at them from the manager, it's nearly every HT at ER now, are we sure he's showing them his anger...or just a load of p@sh for the microphone, and if he is indeed showing them his anger after those two home games they're obviously not in the slightest listening to him, either ross jack is lying or the players are making a **** of him, watching wednesday and today i think it's possibly the latter, i don't mind so much getting beat but at the very least show some freakin pride

Centre Hawf
02-01-2021, 04:54 PM
Always found it a slippy slope when the manager/club stop doing post match interviews after bad defeats. Rarely does it come back from that.

Stevie Reid
02-01-2021, 04:56 PM
There are comments from him on the BBC match report.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-01-2021, 05:37 PM
There are comments from him on the BBC match report.

The BBC players ratings say it all about today's game. The top 4 Hibs players were all the 2nd half subs and one of them came on with only 2 minutes to go.

gaz1875
02-01-2021, 05:40 PM
The BBC players ratings say it all about today's game. The top 4 Hibs players were all the 2nd half subs and one of them came on with only 2 minutes to go.

I felt sorry for the sponsor trying to pick man of the match from that pile of crap. Porteous possibly would have been until that 3rd goal and then the header miss.

Davy Mac
02-01-2021, 05:41 PM

He did that after the DUtd game and it obviously didn't work.

Chorley Hibee
02-01-2021, 05:43 PM
"We defended poorly throughout and we weren't anywhere near creative enough or fluid enough. In all aspects of the game we fell short.

"There's no panic from us but equally we can't shy away from how poor we were. Our reaction to going behind wasn't good enough. It's a real sore afternoon for us."

Coco Bryce
02-01-2021, 05:44 PM
"We defended poorly throughout and we weren't anywhere near creative enough or fluid enough. In all aspects of the game we fell short.

"There's no panic from us but equally we can't shy away from how poor we were. Our reaction to going behind wasn't good enough. It's a real sore afternoon for us."

Said the exact same on Wednesday night.

DH1875
02-01-2021, 05:45 PM
Hopefully resigned.

You still think he's getting the celtic gig?

Billy Whizz
02-01-2021, 05:46 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55450353

Jack speaks on here, scroll down to the video

Chorley Hibee
02-01-2021, 05:46 PM

Completely uninspiring, a bit like our performances on the pitch.

GreenCastle
02-01-2021, 05:48 PM
Couldn't care less about an interview. It's all piss and wind anyway. Rather he had them locked in the dressing room ripping into them.

Exactly. They are all the same generic phrases.

Would rather he starts learning and find a way to stop sending out imbalanced teams and making subs far too late.

hibeerealist
02-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Ye same p I s h he came out with on Wednesday, sorry I don’t see any emotion in the man and it often looks like he could not care, as one poster has said today “ like he does not want to be here” well that is easily resolved

Scotty Leither
02-01-2021, 05:53 PM
Did he not once go into the crowd at St Mirren to speak to a supporter who was venting at the end of a match?

I don't see an ounce of that passion in him in the dugout at ER, and while I don't want a ranting and raving buffoon on the sidelines, it would be nice to see him bollocking a player out once in a while rather than the passive hands-in-pockets gadgie we see just now.

I maintain if crowds were in the ground at the moment, he'd have a better idea of what the Hibs support expects, and no fans is just giving him an easier ride than he appears to be getting.

Steve20
02-01-2021, 05:55 PM
He still just claims it’s been ‘a good season’.

It’s not Jack. But maybe his ambition is in line with a bit of our support. Being 4th, playing turgid football and losing a semi final to a lower league club is counted as good.

houstonhibbee
02-01-2021, 05:56 PM
from the headline thought this was about Motherwell.:greengrin

HFC 0-7
02-01-2021, 05:59 PM
He is very protective of his players. Mentioned a few times how he will take responsibility when they get beat, and he has said that in the dressing room. Wonder if the dressing room is very weak if that’s how he has to be. He also mentioned that they didn’t do the basics right, surely the players have to take responsibility for that. The system may have been wrong today but that wouldn’t excuse the players from showing the right levels of hunger and doing the basics. No wonder there isn’t a reaction if the players don’t take responsibility.

spike220
02-01-2021, 05:59 PM
I'd say nothing let them stew in their own juices. Then I'd call a players meeting and turn up 30 mins late. Then when U do turn up say nothing then flog them with beep test or whatever they use these days. Then send them home. Then get them in for training but sit in silence the following day. Then stick them ice baths for a Recovery session then pull them out and make them watch a replay of that terrible display. Then eyeball them until someone is silly enough to speak. Then I tell then they are missing the point then watch he whole thing again. Then send them home. Then when they come back in each player needs to give a personal technical account of their own performance.

Then we start rebuilding. Anyone who doesn't provide satisfactory insight is punted to the juniors. Then we go back to basics with the systems and purpose we are trying to achieve. Everyone has an equal chance of starting in the kick off XI. No more superstars.... keep it simple keep it team focussed. Then we talk about what Easter Road and the shirt means in prep for the next game... pick the form team and by that I mean the hardest workers. Consider a new captain too if required. Anyone mucking about is stuck on the transfer list.

AFKA5814_Hibs
02-01-2021, 06:03 PM
He still just claims it’s been ‘a good season’.

It’s not Jack. But maybe his ambition is in line with a bit of our support. Being 4th, playing turgid football and losing a semi final to a lower league club is counted as good.

Funny thing is it still could be a good season, but unfortunately the ways things are going it's likely to be another Hibs let down after a promising start.

Callum_62
02-01-2021, 06:04 PM
So there was a manager interview then?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

dchibs
02-01-2021, 06:36 PM
He should look in a mirror and give himself a good talking too.

Billy Whizz
02-01-2021, 06:39 PM

There was, I posted it on page one

Key West
02-01-2021, 06:42 PM
Don’t think the supporters would accept anything he said after losing to Ross County and Livingston.

The 90+2
02-01-2021, 06:42 PM

Yes. It was completely inspiring. :agree:

The 90+2
02-01-2021, 06:43 PM
Don’t think the supporters would accept anything he said after losing to Ross County and Livingston.

Sorry for the ***** served up and knows what he needs to do to rectify three loses in a row?

Andy74
02-01-2021, 06:43 PM
So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that he’s talking at all.

The same pattern as usual. Interviews, behaviour on touchline, etc etc.

Peevemor
02-01-2021, 06:47 PM
Pish poor that Ross hasn’t come out and faced the fans. At a time when fans have forked out a small fortune in season tickets and match streams, not to mention HSL contributions, he should make it a priority to do a post match interview before the programme finishes.He's quoted on the BBC so he obviously gave an interview.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55450353

It'll no doubt appear on Hibs TV in good time.

Stuart93
02-01-2021, 06:49 PM
Just seen his interview on the bbc twitter. Full of cliches. Doesn’t really say much more than he did on Wednesday.

Rather robotic as per.

The 90+2
02-01-2021, 06:52 PM
So everyone wants him to say something and will then criticise every word he says or that he’s talking at all.

He didn't apologies for losing to bottom of the league ***** following by a horsing from a ***** team from a made up place this afternoon. He talks in utter cliches.

Coco Bryce
02-01-2021, 06:55 PM

I disagree. He talks a good game.

02-01-2021, 07:07 PM
I disagree. He talks a good game.

Whatever is or is not being said it is not working.
The players in the last 2 games are certainly not playing for him.
You can see it in their body language on the pitch and you can see written all over JRs face and in his body language standing at the pitch side.

SweetDreams
02-01-2021, 07:14 PM
Time for him to go

NC1875
02-01-2021, 07:15 PM
Doesn’t inspire me at all.

SweetDreams
02-01-2021, 07:18 PM
Doesn’t inspire me at all.

A poor Neil Lennon imo.

snedzuk
02-01-2021, 07:29 PM
I'd say nothing let them stew in their own juices. Then I'd call a players meeting and turn up 30 mins late. Then when U do turn up say nothing then flog them with beep test or whatever they use these days. Then send them home. Then get them in for training but sit in silence the following day. Then stick them ice baths for a Recovery session then pull them out and make them watch a replay of that terrible display. Then eyeball them until someone is silly enough to speak. Then I tell then they are missing the point then watch he whole thing again. Then send them home. Then when they come back in each player needs to give a personal technical account of their own performance.

Then we start rebuilding. Anyone who doesn't provide satisfactory insight is punted to the juniors. Then we go back to basics with the systems and purpose we are trying to achieve. Everyone has an equal chance of starting in the kick off XI. No more superstars.... keep it simple keep it team focussed. Then we talk about what Easter Road and the shirt means in prep for the next game... pick the form team and by that I mean the hardest workers. Consider a new captain too if required. Anyone mucking about is stuck on the transfer list.

You missed out a stint at the sand dunes in Gullane!

hibee-boys
02-01-2021, 07:40 PM
“The players get the credit when we win, I take the criticism when we lose.”.....bore off Jack. Managers are frightened about calling out players these days, says it all about the modern footballer really, poor we mites go in the huff when they get rightly questioned in the media.

AgentDaleCooper
02-01-2021, 07:43 PM
Time for him to go

Jesus christ

Iain G
02-01-2021, 09:14 PM

So he did a post match interview, are you going to apologise or close the thread?

Vault Boy
02-01-2021, 09:22 PM
So he did a post match interview, are you going to apologise or close the thread?

More than one as well, HTV and BBC.

Iain G
02-01-2021, 09:31 PM
More than one as well, HTV and BBC.

Yup of course he did!

WhileTheChief..
02-01-2021, 09:48 PM
https://youtu.be/8RFc4mCJZ3I

Silky
02-01-2021, 09:50 PM
“The players get the credit when we win, I take the criticism when we lose.”.....bore off Jack. Managers are frightened about calling out players these days, says it all about the modern footballer really, poor we mites go in the huff when they get rightly questioned in the media.

I don't understand your point. "Bore off Jack" suggest that you feel this approach is wrong. Then you suggest managers as a whole are "frightened" about calling players out. So really,any manager we have is going to say the same stuff in interviews because they are "frightened" and that is the way of modern footballers. So, essentially, whoever manages Hibs with our "modern footballers" is going to say the same things.