PDA

View Full Version : Some positive stats

worcesterhibby
01-01-2021, 11:31 PM
If you read some of the negativity on here, you would begin to suspect that Hibs are in a false position in the league with a useless manager, a defence that folds at the merest hint of pressure, and a toothless attack. So let’s dig deeper and see

Goals scored - 3rd in the league
Goals conceded - 4th in the League
Clean sheets - equal 2nd in the league
Number of goal attempts - 4th in league
shots on target - 3rd in league

yup by every single way of measuring success Hibs are a top 4 club by right. Happy New Year :greengrin

H18 SFR
02-01-2021, 07:01 AM
If you read some of the negativity on here, you would begin to suspect that Hibs are in a false position in the league with a useless manager, a defence that folds at the merest hint of pressure, and a toothless attack. So let’s dig deeper and see

yup by every single way of measuring success Hibs are a top 4 club by right. Happy New Year :greengrin

I agree on the need for some positivity. The negativity can be suffocating at times. Really interesting stats, thanks for sharing.

Sammy7nil
02-01-2021, 07:22 AM
Agree with the need for balance however I do think the team gained a number of points early in the season their performance may not have merited. Time to stand up today and show we are a top four team by beating our nearest in form challengers. Another Ross County performance today will rightly attract negative comments.

Key West
02-01-2021, 07:40 AM

Statistics can be misleading and manipulated in both directions, on the negative side players coming back from significant injuries, another period of transition with senior players now taking places on the bench, a lack of balance at times due to a streamlined squad with flexibility not always producing the desired outcome.
On the positive side we have in general been more consistent in games, made reasonably and potentially good signings and I honestly believe there is more to come from certain players. The most important stats could be another trophy at the end of the season and consolidation of a top 4 finish, which wouldn’t be too shabby!

worcesterhibby
02-01-2021, 08:43 AM
Statistics can be misleading and manipulated in both directions, on the negative side players coming back from significant injuries, another period of transition with senior players now taking places on the bench, a lack of balance at times due to a streamlined squad with flexibility not always producing the desired outcome.
On the positive side we have in general been more consistent in games, made reasonably and potentially good signings and I honestly believe there is more to come from certain players. The most important stats could be another trophy at the end of the season and consolidation of a top 4 finish, which wouldn’t be too shabby!

These were literally all the stats I could find, other than yellow cards, where we sit mid table...neither a soft touch, nor a dirty team. By just about every measure you can use we are the 4th best team in Scotland and are pushing the 3rd best team pretty hard. That is exactly where we should be based on finances and a considerable improvement on last season.

Since452
02-01-2021, 08:45 AM

Fantastic bit of perspective. Good stats.

The Spaceman
02-01-2021, 08:51 AM

People think we have a divine right to overtake Aberdeen. We don’t. They’ve had c.8 years of unchallenged European positions and stability under McInnes with multiple cup runs along the way. They are also matching or still exceeding our spending each window. We’ve come on leaps and bounds in my opinion and will get there under Jack Ross. We might even achieve 3rd this season which would be amazing, but 4th would still be a good result all things considered.

Since452
02-01-2021, 08:55 AM
Agree with the need for balance however I do think the team gained a number of points early in the season their performance may not have merited. Time to stand up today and show we are a top four team by beating our nearest in form challengers. Another Ross County performance today will rightly attract negative comments.

To be fair we've scudded Motherwell and Hamilton away in recent weeks and only lost two league goals in over a month including Ibrox until our really poor performance the other day. Home form does need to improve but though.

Eyrie
02-01-2021, 09:34 AM

Conversely we've dropped points in other games (Celtc and Dundee United at home, Ross County away) where our performance merited the win, so that balances out games where we got more points than we deserved.

Agree however that a big improvement from Wednesday is required.

basehibby
02-01-2021, 09:49 AM

After the massive disappointment of the Ross County game it's good to maintain perspective. I just hope the players themselves remember they are a good side and demonstrate as much this afternoon vs Livi.

Keith_M
02-01-2021, 09:51 AM
I refuse to make a decision on whether I'm going to be positive or not until after the game today.

If we lose or draw, I'll be going off the deep end with endless rants and personal attacks on specific players, the manager and the owner.

If we win, I'll be forecasting a 2nd place finish and a cup double.

easty
02-01-2021, 09:53 AM

Then you also have to add in that we dropped points against Dundee Utd, Celtc and Rangers that we did deserve.