PDA

View Full Version : Rate signings under Ross

noz
31-12-2020, 07:21 PM
Gogic 7 - Decent start, solid if unspectacular
Nisbet 8 - looks promising, intelligent and score goals
P Mcginn 7.5 see Gogic
S Mcginn 6 - signed more as cover , useful
McGennis 6.5 - early days, may have got 7 if he had buried that chance in the derby
Murphy 7 - obvious talent, hopefully will show consistency when fit
Wright 4 - poorest signing, some may mark lower
Barnes 7 - quite impressed so far,better than Maxwell

JohnM1875
31-12-2020, 07:26 PM
P Mcginn 7.5 see Gogic
McGennis 6.5 - early days, may have got 7 if he had buried that chance in the derby

Gogic - 7
Nisbet - 8
P McGinn - 8
S McGinn - 5
Magennis- 5 (injuries have barely given him a chance, think he'll prove to be just as good a signing as Nisbet)
Murphy - 7
Wright - 3
Barnes - 6

All in you can't fault Ross's signings. Hopefully a few more to follow in Jan to fill out our squad.

Allant1981
01-01-2021, 09:44 AM
Gogic - 6
P Mcginn - 8
S Mcginn - 5
Nisbet - 8
Murphy - 7
Wright - 4
Magennis - 5
Barnes - 7

Unseen work
01-01-2021, 11:49 AM
January 2020

Greg Docherty - 8 - Lots of energy which is exactly what we were missing and chipped in with goals and assists.

Stephane Omeonga - 6 - Not his signing but most likely highly reccomended. Done ok, not as good as his first spell.

Marc McNulty - 6 - Massively overweight and lacking match sharpness, still scored a few though.

Paul McGinn - 9 - I think he’s brilliant, especially for the amount we paid and expectations. So consistent and good on the ball and defensively.

Adam Bogdan - 7 - Never played but good back up and brings out the best in Rocky.

Summer 2020

Kevin Nisbet - 9 - Well worth the money and has been banging the goals in. Will earn us a lot of money in the future.

Alex Gogic - 7 - Again exactly what we were missing in there and a big part of why we’ve improved massively defensively

Drey Wright - 5 - Not seen nearly enough from him in an attacking sense.

Kyle Magennis - 5 - Too hard to tell with injuries and would be harsh to judge him as he’s not had a run of games in a year

Jamie Murphy - 7 - Quality when he plays but never fit

Stephen McGinn - 6 - Does what he was signed for and even scored a goal

Dillon Barnes - 7 - Looks a decent back up keeper and impressed in recent games

Overall I like his signings and the type of player he seems to go for. Looks to want to sign the “best of the rest” in the league and it’s a strategy I think will be very successful.

Now just to go back to St Mirren and sign Ethan Erhahon, even though he recently signed a new contract, Alan Campbell, Jason Kerr and Eamon Brophy.....

Sir David Gray
01-01-2021, 12:00 PM
Docherty - 7
Omeonga - 5
McNulty - 4
P McGinn - 8
Bogdan - 0
Nisbet - 8
Gogic - 6
Wright - 4
Magennis - 5
Murphy - 5
S McGinn - 3
Barnes - 7

Magennis and Murphy only get such low scores because of lack of game time.

Phil MaGlass
01-01-2021, 01:01 PM
Im giving them all 10,s, positive start to the New Year, new chances.
:flag:

Since452
01-01-2021, 01:17 PM
P McGinn - 9
Nisbet - 8
Murphy - 7 - obvious quality but marked down due to injuries.
Gogic - 7
S McGinn - 6
Wright - 4
Magennis - 6 - similar to Murphy
Barnes - 7

The 90+2
01-01-2021, 01:48 PM
Docherty - 7
Omeonga - 5
McNulty - 4
P McGinn - 8
Bogdan - 0
Nisbet - 8
Gogic - 6
Wright - 4
Magennis - 5
Murphy - 5
S McGinn - 3
Barnes - 7

Magennis and Murphy only get such low scores because of lack of game time.

This (partially because I can’t be arsed doing so myself but I do agree with the general consensus).

NorthNorfolkHFC
01-01-2021, 02:06 PM
P McGinn - 9
Nisbet - 8
Murphy - 7 - obvious quality but marked down due to injuries.
Gogic - 7
S McGinn - 6
Wright - 4
Magennis - 6 - similar to Murphy
Barnes - 7

SPM has to be the most highly rated signing. Came from nowhere and gained a Scotland call up.

Nisbet was an easier signing, up and coming and likely to make step up.

Both head and shoulders ahead of other signings.

Macgennis is the only one I’d disagree with, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2021, 02:06 PM
SPM has to be the most highly rated signing. Came from nowhere and gained a Scotland call up.

Nisbet was an easier signing, up and coming and likely to make step up.

Both head and shoulders ahead of other signings.

Macgennis is the only one I’d disagree with, so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't agree with signing players who are not fully fit.

Wilson
01-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Don't agree with signing players who are not fully fit.

Tough one. If we wait too long for Magennis he maybe signs a new contract with St Mirren - then we can't afford him. As he is here for the longer term I think we got him at the right time. Depending on him knowing he wasn't fully fit when we signed him is another matter.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2021, 03:14 PM
Tough one. If we wait too long for Magennis he maybe signs a new contract with St Mirren - then we can't afford him. As he is here for the longer term I think we got him at the right time. Depending on him knowing he wasn't fully fit when we signed him is another matter.

That is a fair point, maybe explains the 5 year deal, as we felt the gamble was worth the risk

Since452
01-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Did we not take a bit of a punt on John McGinn too? Sure he was out injured when we signed him. Steven Thompson impaled his leg with a pole or something like that

judas
01-01-2021, 05:20 PM
Gogic - 8 (a better Bartley imo)
Nisbet - 8 (he has an x factor - consistency should be his aim)
P McGinn - 8.5 (solid, safe committed and professional)
S McGinn - 5 (limited data available - so far very average)
Magennis- 5.5 (I think there's a lot more to come here)
Murphy - 6.5 (injury prone and that's a shame)
Wright - 3 (not sure what he brings, seems like he has an allergy to scoring)
Barnes - 7 (I don't think he's done anything wrong so far)

Key West
01-01-2021, 05:36 PM
Nisbet-Very Good
Murphy-An asset if playing regularly
Magennis-See Murphy
Barnes-Competent
McGinn-Competent
Gogic-Promising
Wright-Not playing with confidence
S.McGinn-Cover

smack
02-01-2021, 12:21 AM
Barnes - 7 (I don't think he's done anything wrong so far)

You mustn’t have watched him setting up a wall in 2 league cup games then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
02-01-2021, 11:24 AM
Gogic - 7 - Decent enough. Probably not required in a lot of games

Nisbet - 9 - very good goals return and a very decent player on top of that. Great signing.

P McGinn - 9 - Love him. Better going forward than I expected, solid defensively and he’s a McGinn. What’s not to like?

S McGinn - 5 - not really offered anything.. but gets a 5 for being a McGinn. In reality it should probably be slightly lower as he’s looked out his depth a couple times in his limited appearances

Magennis - 6 - looks decent enough but hasn’t played nearly enough. His injuries are a real concern for me

Murphy - 7 - think he looks a very decent signing when he’s fit but also have similar concerns as Magennis. Needs to hopefully stay fit and get a run of games and we’ll be a better team for it

Wright - 3 - simply nowhere near being good enough. His goal against Rangers has probably saved him from being a 2.

Barnes - 6 - looks decent enough. Can’t see him ever taking Rockys spot but decent enough backup

Overall I’d say his signings this window have been a bit of a mixed bag and around a 7.

2 great signings in Nisbet and P McGinn, solid signings in Gogic and Barnes, potentially good signings in Murphy and Magennis if they can stop picking up so many injuries, bit of a pointless signing in S McGinn and a very poor signing in Wright.

jacomo
02-01-2021, 11:32 AM
Im giving them all 10,s, positive start to the New Year, new chances.
:flag:

This is my kinda answer.

Not interested in yet another pile on Drey Wright. It is exceptionally tedious.

Wilson
02-01-2021, 11:40 AM
This is my kinda answer.

Not interested in yet another pile on Drey Wright. It is exceptionally tedious.

I'm the same. Collectively the signings under Ross have been good with a couple still yet to make an impact. So with time and encouragement, and an eye on continually improving the group, we are heading in the right direction.

J-C
02-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Gogic solid 6.5

Nisbet good 8 and will only get better.

P McGinn solid 7, pretty steady.

S McGinn 5, only here as backup and injuries mean he's on the bench more than he should.

Barnes decent 6, not been under too much pressure yet but looks ok.

Magennis 6, not long back from bad injury but signed for the future.

Murphy 6, experienced and looks a player but can he stay fit?

Wright 4, bigged up by Tommy Wright but has shown virtually nothing attack wise, so far disappointing.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2021, 11:49 AM
A bit of a mixed bag for me.

Nisbet and P McGinn have been inspired.

Wright hasn’t really delivered. Tried to remain positive about him, but he needs dropped.

Gogic has been what I expected. He’s git a role to play

S McGinn, still a bit of a mystery as to why he’s at Hibs.

Murphy looks good, but his injuries make me question the wisdom of him signing on at the end of the season.

Magennis. Ditto Murphy. 5 year contract represents a major gamble.

Barnes- has stepped up when asked.

Andy74
02-01-2021, 11:56 AM
A bit of a mixed bag for me.

Nisbet and P McGinn have been inspired.

Wright hasn’t really delivered. Tried to remain positive about him, but he needs dropped.

Gogic has been what I expected. He’s git a role to play

S McGinn, still a bit of a mystery as to why he’s at Hibs.

Murphy looks good, but his injuries make me question the wisdom of him signing on at the end of the season.

Magennis. Ditto Murphy. 5 year contract represents a major gamble.

Barnes- has stepped up when asked.

I don’t think the Stephen McGinn mystery is that difficult to work out. I’m more puzzled as to why anyone would still be going on about it.

superfurryhibby
02-01-2021, 12:01 PM
I don’t think the Stephen McGinn mystery is that difficult to work out. I’m more puzzled as to why anyone would still be going on about it.

I’m puzzled why anyone would be bothered enough to comment on that observation?

The thread asks people to rate Ross’s signings. I’m not really impressed with S McGinn’s contribution. Maybe you can explain why he’s at Hibs, because I haven’t worked that out yet?

EI255
02-01-2021, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry but Barnes proved today he just isn't good enough. A poor number two.

Kinross Hibee
02-01-2021, 10:27 PM
P Mcginn 7.5 see Gogic

Agree with this, nisbet by far best. Wright by far worst, everyone else in between

Hermit Crab
02-01-2021, 10:32 PM

Agree, his superman for the 2nd was a shocker.

The 90+2
02-01-2021, 10:33 PM

His mate gave him a job and a wage. Yep.

The 90+2
02-01-2021, 10:35 PM
Why did we just let Bogdan walk out? Unless Barnes is costing absolute zero because Fannys hat suddenly wants to do us a favor that is.

Gmack7
02-01-2021, 10:40 PM
I'm struggling to agree with the 6 , 7 and 8s that Gogic has been given. I dont see it I'm afraid

EI255
02-01-2021, 10:44 PM
Agree, his superman for the 2nd was a shocker.Yup, and cost his team big time. Feel really uncomfortable now when he starts. Not ideal with messrs Hanlon and Porteous in front of him! Hopeless trio.

Hermit Crab
02-01-2021, 10:46 PM
Yup, and cost his team big time. Feel really uncomfortable now when he starts. Not ideal with messrs Hanlon and Porteous in front of him! Hopeless trio.

Add in Stevenson and theres the quartet.

Stuart93
03-01-2021, 10:14 AM
I'm struggling to agree with the 6 , 7 and 8s that Gogic has been given. I dont see it I'm afraid

Yep. He’s a poor player especially with the ball at his feet.

I’m no even sure if he does the defensive midfield work very well. Posted missing completely yesterday before he went off.

I **** myself every time the guy has the ball at his feet.

Peevemor
03-01-2021, 10:26 AM
Yep. He’s a poor player especially with the ball at his feet.

I’m no even sure if he does the defensive midfield work very well. Posted missing completely yesterday before he went off.

I **** myself every time the guy has the ball at his feet.I don't. He's nowhere near as bad as some on here make out.

Just my opinion.

Percy Vere
03-01-2021, 12:46 PM
P Mcginn 7.5 see Gogic

Gogic 7 solid poor distribution at times
Nisbet 9 could be the real deal, great future ahead
McGinn 8 stepped up from St Mirren and claimed rb spot
S Mcginn 6 not seen enough of him to form an opinion
Mcgennis 6 ditto above
Murphy 8 higher if he could stay fit. Excellent player.
Wright 6 same as Murphy needs fitness, jury’s out
Barnes 7.5 decent keeper

basehibby
03-01-2021, 06:57 PM
Gogic 6 - Has contributed well at times but hasn't nailed down a regular start
Nisbet 9 - Excellent signing - knows where the net is but so much more to his game
P Mcginn 8 - Great signing - a solid and reliable right back who can get forward as well - has made the position his own
S Mcginn 5 - Nice to have had the full set of McGinns but Stephen seems to be just making up the numbers to me
McGennis 7 - halting return to full fitness but I've really liked what I've seen so far - potentially a great signing
Murphy 7 - Great talent but not seeing enough of him on the pitch
Wright 5 - Has had a fair bit of game time and has contributed a little here and there but not enough
Barnes 7 - Solid displays whenever called upon - was slightly at fault for one of the goals in the recent debacles but looks a good back up keeper

basehibby
03-01-2021, 08:27 PM

This thread is a review of ALL of Ross' signings - not just the ones you find fault with - so are you capable of objective analysis or are you just going to say that they're all pish and not good enough?

NB - same question goes out to Hermit Crab and 90+2

Bright_Hibee
03-01-2021, 10:48 PM
Gogic 7 solid poor distribution at times
Nisbet 9 could be the real deal, great future ahead
McGinn 8 stepped up from St Mirren and claimed rb spot
S Mcginn 6 not seen enough of him to form an opinion
Mcgennis 6 ditto above
Murphy 8 higher if he could stay fit. Excellent player.
Wright 6 same as Murphy needs fitness, jury’s out
Barnes 7.5 decent keeper

Gogic - 3 - he is not a good player, but tries hard. I would rather have someone like Gary Deegan back...
Nisbet - 8 - looks like a good striker, but still room for improvement which is great for us
S McGinn - 6 - an okay player at the end of his career looking for some coaching experience I'm sure
Magennis - 5 - paid good money and has looked mediocre so far. Hopefully it ain't money down the drain
Wright - 1 - absolutely woeful. I don't rate Gogic, but I'd still start him on the wing ahead of Wright if I was manager. Thanks for your efforts Wright, but you aren't good enough for us.
Murphy - 6 - would be great if he could stay fit as he looks threatening
Barnes - 4 - I'd terminate his loan and bring in a youth goalkeeper. He had a good game at Ibrox, but hasn't looked steady in any other game - including in the league cup.

Hermit Crab
03-01-2021, 10:55 PM
P Mcginn 7.5 see Gogic

Gogic 3 - just kicks the ball the way he's facing, usually to nobody.
Nisbet 7 - started off well, seems short on confidence. One for the future
P McGinn 7 - usually dependable but had a couple of bad games now.
S McGinn 5 - don't know why we signed him.
McGennis 4 - sick note so far, not shown an awful lot in the time he's been with us.
Murphy 4 - see McGennis.
Wright 1 - A team like Clyde or Albion Rovers await him.
Barnes 3 - Wall building skills leave a lot to be desired and doesn't look comfortable coming for crosses

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 07:18 AM
Gogic 3 - just kicks the ball the way he's facing, usually to nobody.
Nisbet 7 - started off well, seems short on confidence. One for the future
P McGinn 7 - usually dependable but had a couple of bad games now.
S McGinn 5 - don't know why we signed him.
McGennis 4 - sick note so far, not shown an awful lot in the time he's been with us.
Murphy 4 - see McGennis.
Wright 1 - A team like Clyde or Albion Rovers await him.
Barnes 3 - Wall building skills leave a lot to be desired and doesn't look comfortable coming for crosses

You really do talk some crap on here

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 07:37 AM
You really do talk some crap on here

To be fair, I’d agree with the general direction of the post. Maybe stick everyone up 1 point as it’s maybe slightly harsh but he’s not really far wrong imo.

The only one I’d disagree with is Gogic.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 07:47 AM
To be fair, I’d agree with the general direction of the post. Maybe stick everyone up 1 point as it’s maybe slightly harsh but he’s not really far wrong imo.

The only one I’d disagree with is Gogic.

So you would only give Wright a 2, very unfair, he hasn't been great but to rate someone a 2 is laughable, Barnes has not done much wrong so you would only give a 4. Gogic is no where near as bad as a 3 or 4 either

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 07:54 AM
So you would only give Wright a 2, very unfair, he hasn't been great but to rate someone a 2 is laughable, Barnes has not done much wrong so you would only give a 4. Gogic is no where near as bad as a 3 or 4 either

I have Wright a 3 in mine and did say If it hasn’t been for his goal against rangers I’d have given him a 2.

When you’re the worst Hibs player on the pitch more often than not I don’t think a mark like a 2 or a 3 is really out the question. He’s been a dreadful signing.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 08:03 AM
I have Wright a 3 in mine and did say If it hasn’t been for his goal against rangers I’d have given him a 2.

When you’re the worst Hibs player on the pitch more often than not I don’t think a mark like a 2 or a 3 is really out the question. He’s been a dreadful signing.

Sorry but he he has not been a 2 out of 10 signing, I agree he has not been that good but 2 is just wrong imo

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 08:08 AM
Sorry but he he has not been a 2 out of 10 signing, I agree he has not been that good but 2 is just wrong imo

Each to their own. As I said, when you’re usually the first to be taken off when you start and more often than not the worst Hibs player on the pitch then I’d suggest marks like that are where you’re headed imo.

J-C
04-01-2021, 08:11 AM

Why do you and other posters feel it necessary to continually put down others when their viewpoint differs from yours, so what if Callum or any others feel Wright is a 2/3 out of 10, that is his opinion whether that opinion is right or wrong. It gets very tiresome.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 08:23 AM
Why do you and other posters feel it necessary to continually put down others when their viewpoint differs from yours, so what if Callum or any others feel Wright is a 2/3 out of 10, that is his opinion whether that opinion is right or wrong. It gets very tiresome.

It's called a debate, if we agreed with everything that someone said it would be a very boring place, and if you notice I did say in my opinion, if that's OK with you

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 08:32 AM

There are relentless posts from people supporting different points of view. It can get tiresome, but you can do what I do and block them. Then you get a nice screen with hardly any comments, except after we’ve won of course.

There was a period of good form not so long ago when all my blockees mysteriously disappeared after a match. I found that strange, but I suppose for some folk it’s a thing. Just now they can fill their boots and self pleasure away on here to their Hearts are content.

J-C
04-01-2021, 08:33 AM

It's called a debate, if we agreed with everything that someone said it would be a very boring place, and if you notice I did say in my opinion, if that's OK with you

1st post fine enough and Callum answered you as to his reasons, then you answer him again saying he's not been 2 out of 10, in your opinion. Too many on this site always jumping down peoples throats if others opinions don't sit with theirs, it just gets very tedious.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 08:38 AM
1st post fine enough and Callum answered you as to his reasons, then you answer him again saying he's not been 2 out of 10, in your opinion. Too many on this site always jumping down peoples throats if others opinions don't sit with theirs, it just gets very tedious.

So if someone doesn't agree with what a poster thinks then what should they do? you would have next to no posts surely?

J-C
04-01-2021, 08:41 AM
There are relentless posts from people supporting different points of view. It can get tiresome, but you can do what I do and block them. Then you get a nice screen with hardly any comments, except after we’ve won of course.

There was a period of good form not so long ago when all my blockees mysteriously disappeared after a match. I found that strange, but I suppose for some folk it’s a thing. Just now they can fill their boots and self pleasure away on here to their Hearts are content.

I have a few on ignore, the ones that hound you with every post trying to get you to finally agree with them, god forbid you don't like certain players in the team, post after post telling you how wrong you are etc.

J-C
04-01-2021, 08:44 AM
So if someone doesn't agree with what a poster thinks then what should they do? you would have next to no posts surely?

Maybe ask why he doesn't agree, explain why his viewpoint is different and then do the same back, that's discussion. Just saying no your wrong and I'm right isn't, if you can't agree move on and agree to disagree.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 08:46 AM
Maybe ask why he doesn't agree, explain why his viewpoint is different and then do the same back, that's discussion. Just saying no your wrong and I'm right isn't, if you can't agree move on and agree to disagree.

Fair point, can't disagree!!

J-C
04-01-2021, 08:47 AM
Fair point, can't disagree!!

:aok:

Brightside
04-01-2021, 09:01 AM

I dont think you are going to get much structured debate if you are giving players 2/10 tbh. A 2/10 player simply wouldn't be in the squad at Hibs. When Gogic first came into the squad he earned rave reviews as the missing link and provided the defensive extra we need to go on a great run of results. Now he is useless?? Every player we have will go up and down in form - thats the nature of the players we are in the market for.

We are far from great this season from front to back but we arent suddenly full of poor players just because we lost a few games. People are rightly pointing out that we are 4th just because the others teams are worse..... well yes thats totally correct, and its also why Celtic won 9 in a row! Our team just need to be not as bad as the others...... Scottish football really isnt that good - it shouldnt be a shock.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 09:07 AM
I dont think you are going to get much structured debate if you are giving players 2/10 tbh. A 2/10 player simply wouldn't be in the squad at Hibs. When Gogic first came into the squad he earned rave reviews as the missing link and provided the defensive extra we need to go on a great run of results. Now he is useless?? Every player we have will go up and down in form - thats the nature of the players we are in the market for.

We are far from great this season from front to back but we arent suddenly full of poor players just because we lost a few games. People are rightly pointing out that we are 4th just because the others teams are worse..... well yes thats totally correct, and its also why Celtic won 9 in a row! Our team just need to be not as bad as the others...... Scottish football really isnt that good - it shouldnt be a shock.

Wouldn’t they? There’s been plenty 2/10 players at Hibs.

5/10 is bang in the middle. You don’t think there’s anyone that’s been more than 1 or 2 marks short of being middle of the road to have ever played for Hibs? :confused:

We must have an outstanding recruitment team if that’s the case.

superfurryhibby
04-01-2021, 09:08 AM

Good post.

Andy74
04-01-2021, 09:12 AM

You just don’t really react well to discussion. If anyone answers you then you think it is their opinion being rammed down your throat.

You then start off the chat about others not liking it if their opinion is questioned. It is kind of how discussions work and like was noted above, when others are relentless then expect relentless responses.

You probably still have me on ignore though....

J-C
04-01-2021, 09:23 AM

The 2 out of 10 thing wasn't what I was getting at, when certain posters continually jump on every post just saying, no your wrong and I'm right every time it gets tedious. Explain why I'm wrong and you're right and if we still don't agree we move on, we all have different opinions. Just don't hound me saying no you're wrong all the time as I'll just put them on ignore, which I've done with a few recently, no interaction, no grief.

Brightside
04-01-2021, 09:58 AM
The 2 out of 10 thing wasn't what I was getting at, when certain posters continually jump on every post just saying, no your wrong and I'm right every time it gets tedious. Explain why I'm wrong and you're right and if we still don't agree we move on, we all have different opinions. Just don't hound me saying no you're wrong all the time as I'll just put them on ignore, which I've done with a few recently, no interaction, no grief.

If someone puts up an extreme point like giving a player 1/10 2/10 they will get polar opposites reactions. Thats quite normal. Both posts will be nonsense obviously. Like me saying Paul Hanlon is World Class - he's not....nowhere near it. But he's better than the vast majority in Scotland and thats the Hibs level...to be better than the vast majority in Scotland. People saying a player is pish is just utter poppycock. Anyone saying a player is pish is impossible to debate with as their opinion is so extreme.

J-C
04-01-2021, 10:12 AM
If someone puts up an extreme point like giving a player 1/10 2/10 they will get polar opposites reactions. Thats quite normal. Both posts will be nonsense obviously. Like me saying Paul Hanlon is World Class - he's not....nowhere near it. But he's better than the vast majority in Scotland and thats the Hibs level...to be better than the vast majority in Scotland. People saying a player is pish is just utter poppycock. Anyone saying a player is pish is impossible to debate with as their opinion is so extreme.

This is true and can apply to the posters who have the opposite views to the negative ones, by continually jumping on their posts saying no he's not you are wrong just keeps the merry go round of tit for tat posts going, it becomes tedious, just accept people have different views and move on.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 12:18 PM

The fact you think a player can’t be pish or that someone thinking a player is pish is such an extreme reaction is a bit bizarre.

From your posts you seem to be suggesting Hibs simply do not sign players that are anything more than slightly below average (as you say Hibs simply wouldn’t have a player in our squad that is a 2/10) or that the idea that any Hibs player could be pish is poppycock. :confused:

makaveli1875
04-01-2021, 12:42 PM
Gogic 6 - Similar to Bartley but not quite as effective.
Nisbet 7 - Has alot going for him and a good goal return
P McGinn 7 - He's surprised a few folk and has been 1 of our more consistent players this season
S McGinn 6 - Only time iv seen him play he scored a cracking goal
McGennis 7 - He's showed glimpses of what he can do , think he'll be a great signing once he's up and running
Murphy 7 - Quality player , doesnt seem to be able to string many games together without getting injured though
Wright 6 - Dont think he's as bad as some make out on here . He's had some stinkers but hes had some decent games too
Barnes 4 - He's a liability and not even close to Rockys level

Brightside
04-01-2021, 01:46 PM
The fact you think a player can’t be pish or that someone thinking a player is pish is such an extreme reaction is a bit bizarre.

From your posts you seem to be suggesting Hibs simply do not sign players that are anything more than slightly below average (as you say Hibs simply wouldn’t have a player in our squad that is a 2/10) or that the idea that any Hibs player could be pish is poppycock. :confused:

They arent pish. By definition they are not playing at this level if they are pish. I'm not sure i understand you first point.

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 01:50 PM
They arent pish. By definition they are not playing at this level if they are pish. I'm not sure i understand you first point.

When people call them pish it’s taking into account the level they’re playing at and not suggesting they’re pish in the same way that the guy who can’t kick a ball in a straight line at 5 a sides is pish.

Of course you don’t need me to tell you that even though you’re acting like you do.

Brightside
04-01-2021, 01:56 PM
When people call them pish it’s taking into account the level they’re playing at and not suggesting they’re pish in the same way that the guy who can’t kick a ball in a straight line at 5 a sides is pish.

Of course you don’t need me to tell you that even though you’re acting like you do.

I'm just trying to get people talking about players with a little bit of thought about them rather than just saying they are pish. By all means point out your thoughts on why you think a player isnt up to our level....just saying he's pish doesn't wash. Just like saying a player is 2/10..... base on what. Like 2/10 would make me think he is showing no effort, and having zero impact on a game. Not a chance we are playing a 2/10 player.

BSEJVT
04-01-2021, 02:30 PM

Whilst I don't agree with the 2/10 rating at all, surely we are being invited to rate their signings as Hibs players, not whether a player rated across the entire football spectrum is a 2/10 player.

A player could easily by 10/10 in Amateur Football but a 2/10 signing as a Hibs player.

It is why being asked to rate anything at all without a consistent benchmark being applied by each of the raters is totally worthless.

Even then personal preferences cloud results. I might really like for example the grit and tackling ability of a player and award him 8/10 when he couldn't pass water.

Someone else may not value his tackling at all and give him a 4/10 for his passing alone.

The one truism is that marks at either end of the scale say more about the raters desire to be noticed / controversial than they do about the players themselves.

J-C
04-01-2021, 03:03 PM
I'm just trying to get people talking about players with a little bit of thought about them rather than just saying they are pish. By all means point out your thoughts on why you think a player isnt up to our level....just saying he's pish doesn't wash. Just like saying a player is 2/10..... base on what. Like 2/10 would make me think he is showing no effort, and having zero impact on a game. Not a chance we are playing a 2/10 player.

See, no one is saying we should play a 2/10 player and although Callum rates him at that it's obvious he's not that and it's just Callums opinion as he doesn't rate him. Why badger Callum with post after post trying to put your point over and at the same time change his opinion, he's made up his mind and his opinion won't change no matter how many posts you bombard him with, move on ffs.

Peevemor
04-01-2021, 03:12 PM
See, no one is saying we should play a 2/10 player and although Callum rates him at that it's obvious he's not that and it's just Callums opinion as he doesn't rate him. Why badger Callum with post after post trying to put your point over and at the same time change his opinion, he's made up his mind and his opinion won't change no matter how many posts you bombard him with, move on ffs.

I've noticed quite a few folk on here telling people that they shouldn't have an opinion on other peoples' opinions.

It's getting a bit daft.

MWHIBBIES
04-01-2021, 03:16 PM

Why post an opinion if you will ignore any feedback on it and just get mad, though? When people post opinions on here, it causes debate. If you don't want anyone to reply because no matter what facts you are presented with, you will never change that opinion, you should add that at the bottom of a post.

Brightside
04-01-2021, 03:17 PM

Jesus.....ive not badgered anyone! I'll leave it there. :greengrin

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 03:21 PM

There’s plenty of thought been put into the discussion regarding Drey Wright for example on the ‘Drey Wright’ thread.

You can guarantee if people brought it back up and went into such depth on this thread they’d just be hounded for slaughtering him again.

I’d give Drey Wright a 3 out of 10 and imo he is exactly that. His lack of attacking intent in near enough every performance for us, the worst Hibs player on the pitch more often than not, first to be subbed off most of the time when he does start. He’s certainly not a 5/10 middle of the road player for me and he’s also certainly not just below that for me, he’s quite a bit below that. So imo were definitely playing a 3/10 player who’s well out his depth. Of course he’s a 3/10 bearing in mind the level that he’s playing at, not a 3/10 based on every single person who’s ever attempted to play football.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 03:26 PM
There’s plenty of thought been put into the discussion regarding Drey Wright for example on the ‘Drey Wright’ thread.

You can guarantee if people brought it back up and went into such depth on this thread they’d just be hounded for slaughtering him again.

I’d give Drey Wright a 3 out of 10 and imo he is exactly that. His lack of attacking intent in near enough every performance for us, the worst Hibs player on the pitch more often than not, first to be subbed off most of the time when he does start. He’s certainly not a 5/10 middle of the road player for me and he’s also certainly not just below that for me, he’s quite a bit below that. So imo were definitely playing a 3/10 player who’s well out his depth.

Well out his depth but was playing well for St Johnstone by all accounts so the Premier league isn't beyond his level, he has been no where near as bad as some have made out but neither has he been playing well which I appreciate, some players just take time to get going, hopefully he is one of these players

calumhibee1
04-01-2021, 03:28 PM
Well out his depth but was playing well for St Johnstone by all accounts so the Premier league isn't beyond his level, he has been no where near as bad as some have made out but neither has he been playing well which I appreciate, some players just take time to get going, hopefully he is one of these players

He’s out his depth at Hibs imo.

Also, other than Tommy Wright bigging him up there’s very little to suggest he was any good at St Johnstone either. His goals and assists at them is pitiful and I can’t say I recall ever seeing him play.

Allant1981
04-01-2021, 03:32 PM
He’s out his depth at Hibs imo.

Also, other than Tommy Wright bigging him up there’s very little to suggest he was any good at St Johnstone either. His goals and assists at them is pitiful and I can’t say I recall ever seeing him play.

I've seen worse to be fair, some players just don't fit at a club, perhaps this is the case but personally willing to give him longer than half a season, Jack Ross seems to play him a lot also so obviously sees something in him, unless it's only because of injuries but I suppose that's why we have squad players

J-C
04-01-2021, 03:50 PM
I've noticed quite a few folk on here telling people that they shouldn't have an opinion on other peoples' opinions.

It's getting a bit daft.

Why post an opinion if you will ignore any feedback on it and just get mad, though? When people post opinions on here, it causes debate. If you don't want anyone to reply because no matter what facts you are presented with, you will never change that opinion, you should add that at the bottom of a post.

By all means post your opinions but when someone disagrees with you and has the polar opposite or different opinion, no amount post aimed at that poster will change his/her mind. If the there's good debate back and forward then fine carry on but if it's just tit for tat bickering about who is either good or crap, agree to disagree and move on. If the said poster continues to reply to your posts even when you've moved on, then just put them on ignore, you don't see there posts but you can look if you want.