PDA

View Full Version : The Hibs Bench

Key West
31-12-2020, 08:55 AM
Is there not a case for giving the players on the bench a chance to stake their place in the team especially during a period of fixture congestion?

Brightside
31-12-2020, 08:57 AM
Is there not a case for giving the players on the bench a chance to stake their place in the team especially during a period of fixture congestion?

Was there anyone on the bench last night that would have improved us? Bradley? The cupboard is bare right now.

Key West
31-12-2020, 08:59 AM
Was there anyone on the bench last night that would have improved us? Bradley? The cupboard is bare right now.

Probably not but players sitting on the bench need an incentive and others need a break.

we are hibs
31-12-2020, 09:48 AM
Bradley done well v Hamilton in a short period. Hasnt been seen since. Whats the point on him being on the bench if hes not being used? I get hes young and we maybe wont get the same from him every single game but id rather give him a shot when things arent going our way than persist with players who arent offering anything at all.

Onceinawhile
31-12-2020, 09:50 AM
It would be a lot easier if we had mallan, Allan, Murphy and Magennis to come in.

We're bereft of options because we've got 4 midfielders totally out of play which means we can't move boyler up top, so we've really only got two striker options.

Alfred E Newman
31-12-2020, 09:51 AM
Other than Gullan coming on I found the substitutions last night both baffling and depressing.

CMurdoch
31-12-2020, 11:01 AM
Other than Gullan coming on I found the substitutions last night both baffling and depressing.

Problem is Gullan was the only player on the bench Ross regularly brings on.
The combo of a small Covid squad which includes Gray & McGregor, who are only used as a last resort, has eventually come home to bite us on the butt. If their contracts had gone to two younger players we might have had enough resilience to get through until the current injured guys returned. They almost did it but used their remaining energy at Ibrox. Would have sacrificed Ibrox to come out strong last night.

If we had started with a Gogic last night we would have had a 2nd substitute option.
Bradley was the only other possible gamechanging option.

EI255
31-12-2020, 10:47 PM
I love benches. Must be made of fine wood.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
01-01-2021, 01:08 PM

The players normally on the bench are our current starters

Since452
01-01-2021, 01:12 PM
We're missing Marciano, Mallan, Magennis and Murphy. No wonder our bench looks weak.

Baldy Foghorn
01-01-2021, 02:08 PM
Would like to have seen Bradley come on at 1 down, to see if he could inject some urgency and pace into team