PDA

View Full Version : Alex Miller

Monts
30-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Enjoyed his contribution this evening.

Made me forget about the terrible display this evening, at least for a few minutes.

matty_f
30-12-2020, 07:26 PM

Made me forget about the terrible display this evening, at least for a few minutes.

Yeah, he’s been on good form.

Vault Boy
30-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Before my time as a player and manager, but enjoyed his contributions tonight. The guests are the best part of the HTV coverage IMO.

Monts
30-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Any guesses for who the player was that was moved on?

Smartie
30-12-2020, 07:32 PM

I was just thinking that.

My other half called me through to the other room and I was desperate to get back so I didn't miss too much.

The same was not remotely true about the football.

HibbyAndy
30-12-2020, 07:32 PM
I've got on the bus with him a few times after the match , Does he stay in Edinburgh then ?

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2020, 07:33 PM
Told us right from the start how Yogi was going to win the game by playing an extra man in midfield Joelle agreed with him and he was correct

That from a Coach that has won the Champions League

HibbyAndy
30-12-2020, 07:34 PM
Told us right from the start how Yogi was going to win the game by playing an extra man in midfield Joelle agreed with him and he was correct

Joelle also stated hibs would win by 4 goals

BILLYHIBS
30-12-2020, 07:35 PM

😂

bingo70
30-12-2020, 08:01 PM

He called it right at half time as well. Really good analysis I thought and disappointing that Ross wasn’t able to see the same things.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2020, 08:13 PM

Miller also said Hibs would get six corners. He stopped short of saying how many he would have kept back for them though.

Scotty Leither
30-12-2020, 08:14 PM
The conversation about his Derby record didn't last long, though.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2020, 08:14 PM

Joe Newells dad.

h1bs4life
30-12-2020, 08:30 PM
On a lighter note I think that was the 1st time I had seen him laugh just before went over to the 1st half

JimBHibees
30-12-2020, 09:38 PM
I've got on the bus with him a few times after the match , Does he stay in Edinburgh then ?

Think he used to stay up Swanston way.

eastterrace
30-12-2020, 09:42 PM
The conversation about his Derby record didn't last long, though.
Ah the wilderness years. By Alex millar .

Hillsidehibby
30-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Alex Miller was a manager that took a while to get a decent team together.
Signed some of the best players I’ve seen.
A dour **** though.
Met him at the back of the stand at a game at Parkhead. I said good luck Hibs. He totally just walked away from me without a reply. True story

CMurdoch
30-12-2020, 09:54 PM
I enjoyed him tonight.
Remembers every thing and every player.
Lots of good stories and called it how he saw it.
I wanted Tanner to let him speak but he kept interrupting with his usual banal crawly bot guff.

Forza Fred
30-12-2020, 10:20 PM
A dour **** though.
Met him at the back of the stand at a game at Parkhead. I said good luck Hibs. He totally just walked away from me without a reply. True story

Jekyll and Hyde character.

I’ve only met him once and he was ok..but this was in the boardroom, and have also been snubbed by him a couple of times.

Having said that, when we were having a fund raising auction here in Oz when he was at Liverpool he was one of the first to respond and sent us a signed Steve Gerrard signed shirt.

Not sure it’s such an attractive item now right enough!

Also...he said that Andy Goram was his best signing...what was unsaid was that he only signed Goram after his first choice..Ian Andrew’s of Leicester City turned him down....two days later we signed Goram

houstonhibbee
30-12-2020, 10:25 PM
Jekyll and Hyde character.

I’ve only met him once and he was ok..but this was in the boardroom, and have also been snubbed by him a couple of times.

Having said that, when we were having a fund raising auction here in Oz when he was at Liverpool he was one of the first to respond and sent us a signed Steve Gerrard signed shirt.

Not sure it’s such an attractive item now right enough!

Also...he said that Andy Goram was his best signing...what was unsaid was that he only signed Goram after his first choice..Ian Andrew’s of Leicester City turned him down....two days later we signed Goram
Im just guessing but he may suffer from shyness so I'd cut him some slack. It doesn't get any attention but people tend to think shy people are rude but its not intended

Scouse Hibee
31-12-2020, 08:38 AM
Joe Newells dad.

Mike Newell has a son called George, did someone say he was Joe’s Dad?

Brizo
31-12-2020, 08:39 AM
A dour **** though.

To add to other such stories he blanked my mate and his wee laddie at a Hibs Kids open-day of all places so don't buy the shyness excuse from a previous poster.

Definitely signed some of my all-time favourite Hibs players and the Skol Cup semi and Final rank high up in my best moments following Hibs. Someones else's description of Jekyll and Hyde sums his tenure up perfectly for me as he also put out some really dour and negative teams.

All managers have a shelf life and I think he would have been more fondly remembered if he'd gone earlier. I got the feeling he got to the stage where he felt untouchable. Playing his two laddies in the first team was nepotism of the highest order as their post-Hibs careers showed.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2020, 08:53 AM
I think Alex Miller is an example of how you can't just boil everything down to stats. If I said that we had a manager who steered us through financial turmoil then after almost going out of business he led us to:

A League Cup win
Four 5th place and one 3rd place finish
Another League Cup Final
A Scottish Cup semi final

He then sacked after amassing a league record that season of P7 W3 D1 L3 and his replacement led us into a relation play off. People would probably say that sounds like he was hard done by. In reality people might be retrospectively kinder to Miller but very few people had a good word to say about him for years.

For me he was evidently an excellent coach. You don't get the jobs he has had if we wasn't. Maybe a bit of an over thinker which hampered him as a manager.

allyh1bs
31-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Met Alex at a shareholders’ dinner, at which Joe Baker was an after dinner speaker. Two very contrasting personalities, and I can vouch for Miller’s shyness. Not an excuse for some of the incidents mentioned above, however.

On that occasion, my brother-in-law and I had a good chat with Joe Baker, which ended a little abruptly. We reminisced about the classic game against Aberdeen when Joe made his second debut, wearing his white boots, and we won 2-0 with Joe scoring.

All was smiles until I jocularly mentioned “Then the next week we all trooped off to Paisley, St Mirren won 3-1, and you got sent off!” Fixing me with a glare that could have melted steel, Joe came back with “I have no memory of that,” as he swiftly moved on. Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastterrace
31-12-2020, 09:35 AM
I think Alex Miller is an example of how you can't just boil everything down to stats. If I said that we had a manager who steered us through financial turmoil then after almost going out of business he led us to:

A League Cup win
Another League Cup Final

He then sacked after amassing a league record that season of P7 W3 D1 L3 and his replacement led us into a relation play off. People would probably say that sounds like he was hard done by. In reality people might be retrospectively kinder to Miller but very few people had a good word to say about him for years.

For me he was evidently an excellent coach. You don't get the jobs he has had if we wasn't. Maybe a bit of an over thinker which hampered him as a manager.
Look up his derby record and also his record against celtic.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Look up his derby record and also his record against celtic.

I'm more than aware of it.

That feeds into the point though. It's not always about an overall record but smaller details within and just the overall way things feel. Outside of Hibs look at the uproar when Leicester and Southampton sacked Pearson and Adkins respectively. There were plenty people, including on here, saying 'look at the stats they don't deserve that', 'look at their record, they'll never get anyone better'. Wrong and wrong.

My post was neither defence or condemnation of Miller. More a general point that football is more than just a few selectively picked stats twisted to prove a point.

Phil MaGlass
31-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Tongue in cheek here, would you rather have Miller or Ross as manager?

G15 Hibs
31-12-2020, 10:06 AM
If I said that we had a manager who steered us through financial turmoil then after almost going out of business he led us to:

A League Cup win
Another League Cup Final

That feels like a pretty fair reflection. Looking at that record for the start of the 1996/97 season its not awful (it included a win at Pittodrie if I remember) and it came off the back of a 5th place finish in 1995/96. However the second half of that season had been fairly dreadful and he seemed to have run out of ideas to freshen things up. There were still some decent players around, although they were maybe a wee bit older than at their peak, but newer signings tended to be more journeymen or hasbeens. No doubt there were financial reasons behind that, but things had gone stale. I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have ended up in the relegation play-off that season or been relegated the following season had Miller stayed but it would have been a grim time of it, and we wouldn't have had the thrill of the resurgence under McLeish which ultimately resulted in 3rd place in 2000/01 and some of the best and most exciting football I've seen played at Easter Road.

There were some good times under Miller, there's no doubt about that, and some ***** as well, but when he left his time had come.

Gmack7
31-12-2020, 10:10 AM

I'm certain it was Mark Caughey. Kenny waugh went half way around the world to sign him. He was with the Northern Ireland world cup squad at the time

Andy74
31-12-2020, 10:11 AM

Only we played 3 in the middle for most of the first half...

Since452
31-12-2020, 10:12 AM
My old man was literally jumping for joy when he left Hibs

A Hi-Bee
31-12-2020, 11:54 AM

Miller was not a good manager he was a very good coach as his future time with Liverpool would show, in his time at Hibs we even stopped going to the home games prefering to stay in the pub listening to many of Jimmy O'Rourkes great Hibs stories, he also had no time for the man, His teams with one or two exeptions were dreary to say the least or perhaps drab would be a better word a bit like the man himself in my experience of meeting him.
:thumbsup:

Yorkshire HFC
31-12-2020, 12:21 PM

Yeah - hopefully we'll never see the likes of Goram, McGinlay, Wright, Jackson, Leighton, McAllister, Archibald at Easter Road again either..............

I know his derby record was awful, but I remember a lot of good times.

lord bunberry
31-12-2020, 12:25 PM
Miller was not a good manager he was a very good coach as his future time with Liverpool would show, in his time at Hibs we even stopped going to the home games prefering to stay in the pub listening to many of Jimmy O'Rourkes great Hibs stories, he also had no time for the man, His teams with one or two exeptions were dreary to say the least or perhaps drab would be a better word a bit like the man himself in my experience of meeting him.
:thumbsup:
He was the dullest of all the hibs managers during my time watching hibs. If I’m being generous I would say 3 seasons out of the 10 we were good to watch, the rest were as dull as dishwater. His philosophy of “if you don’t lose a goal you won’t lose the game” was torture at times. His derby record was dismal as well.
That being said I enjoyed listening to him last night.

Andy74
31-12-2020, 12:30 PM
Yeah - hopefully we'll never see the likes of Goram, McGinlay, Wright, Jackson, Leighton, McAllister, Archibald at Easter Road again either..............

I know his derby record was awful, but I remember a lot of good times.

He signed good players but they were rarely utilised well.

It was a long decade with the occasional bright spot.

Bostonhibby
31-12-2020, 12:35 PM

I know his derby record was awful, but I remember a lot of good times.I'm a fan of Miller's, he guided the team through an awful time. I recall only too well the time he had leading up to the 91 league cup win, managed that team to the win and we certainly enjoyed some players who we look back on fondly now.

I suppose with hindsight it's easier to ignore the lows because of the infrequent highs.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

allmodcons
31-12-2020, 12:44 PM

Give Ross 10 years in charge and he will achieve more than Alex Miller. Yes he signed some good players but who wouldn't over 10 years.

Yorkshire HFC
31-12-2020, 12:51 PM
I'm a fan of Miller's, he guided the team through an awful time. I recall only too well the time he had leading up to the 91 league cup win, managed that team to the win and we certainly enjoyed some players who we look back on fondly now.

I suppose with hindsight it's easier to ignore the lows because of the infrequent highs.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Yes - I suppose a lot of the bad memories are lost in the passing of time.

Also, I was in my 20s when he started and that's when I went to most of the games and had the most enthusiasm for the team. The derby games were a constant source of disappointment, and I must have been to more than 20 of the 26? game winless streak - but I also don't think I've ever left Easter Road as happy as I did the day we finally beat them.

Scotty Leither
31-12-2020, 12:53 PM
He became untouchable as he managed us through the Duff and Gray era, but that gave him too much credit in the bank, especially with Dougie Cromb; lovely guy Dougie, but Miller was his blind spot, i'm afraid.

His Derby record was indefensible, and his dour personality was reflected in his dour, defensive teams which as someone else has said in the thread far outweighed his good ones.

Giving his two laddies contracts, while letting the likes of Craig Dargo go was a joke as well.

Sufficed to say I wasn't a fan.

Andy74
31-12-2020, 12:55 PM
Yes - I suppose a lot of the bad memories are lost in the passing of time.

Also, I was in my 20s when he started and that's when I went to most of the games and had the most enthusiasm for the team. The derby games were a constant source of disappointment, and I must have been to more than 20 of the 26? game winless streak - but I also don't think I've ever left Easter Road as happy as I did the day we finally beat them.

When we finally beat them it was at Tynecastle.

Forza Fred
31-12-2020, 12:56 PM

Torsten Schmugge fits the profile

JimBHibees
31-12-2020, 01:00 PM
I'm more than aware of it.

That feeds into the point though. It's not always about an overall record but smaller details within and just the overall way things feel. Outside of Hibs look at the uproar when Leicester and Southampton sacked Pearson and Adkins respectively. There were plenty people, including on here, saying 'look at the stats they don't deserve that', 'look at their record, they'll never get anyone better'. Wrong and wrong.

My post was neither defence or condemnation of Miller. More a general point that football is more than just a few selectively picked stats twisted to prove a point.

The bottom line is though under Miller we would never have been relegated. Can remember his last game a Derby at home to Yams and a small element of Hibs fans were cheering Hearts goals as it likely meant him being sacked.

Smartie
31-12-2020, 01:07 PM
I loved the football some of his teams played and he was the manager when I first got into Hibs.

Having said that (and it might only be because I was young at the time) he's the only manager that I've wanted removed from position whilst still in it and actively chanted for his removal - and the closest I've got since then is Alan Stubbs when the wheels were coming off in the league during his second season! Even Butcher, Calderwood, Heckingbottom and Duffy had only been in the job a short time when they were punted - I accept that all should have been removed with hindsight but I wasn't actively seeking it to be done.

There's potential for a good series of interviews for Hibs TV or the like - "the gaffers" - where a decent interviewer (!!) gets to interview all of our living past managers asking them about their time at the club. Even the bad ones would be worth hearing, if they'd actually accept going through with it. For example, now the dust has settled a bit, I'd love to hear Terry Butcher's side of the story.

Alex Miller had some great stuff to say, and it has to be said that he was in charge during a pretty challenging period. It might have been dull at times but we never went down, he won a cup, got into Europe a few times, and all at a time when there was some pretty solid competition in Scottish football terms.

I hold a real fondness for the guy now time has passed tbh.

Scotty Leither
31-12-2020, 01:09 PM
The bottom line is though under Miller we would never have been relegated. Can remember his last game a Derby at home to Yams and a small element of Hibs fans were cheering Hearts goals as it likely meant him being sacked.

He never got the importance of that fixture though - said he didn't need to motivate the players, reckoned "they had a wage packet to do that for them".

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Only we played 3 in the middle for most of the first half...

Yogi played 4-5-1 just to be safe

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Jack Ross is the best manager in Scotland. There’s no contest.

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 01:25 PM

It’s a lesson of the grass not always being greener.

See Butcher after Paddy Fenlon also.

LeithMike
31-12-2020, 02:09 PM
When we finally beat them it was at Tynecastle.Might have been the 2-1 win at Easter Road when Eddie May scored the winner to end 17 games in a row? Cant remember if it then went straight into 22 games in a row but 2 lengthy periods totalling 39 games against your nearest neighbours of a similar size speaks for itself. That's pretty much 10 years!

There were some bright spots under Miller as you said in an earlier post (and O'Neill and Jackson went on to be great Hibs players) but it always felt like we achieved less than we should and would regularly surrender to the old firm and Hearts and we were content not to get drawn into a relegation fight.

I also thought Keith Wright was a fantastic player when he first joined Hibs with brilliant movement across the front line. He did really well for Hibs but cant help but feel that the movement was coached out of him as Miller turned him into a target man.

Also still remember him in the Euro 96 qualifier against Switzerland waving our players back to defend when England were 4 up against the Netherlands when we really should have gone for another goal rather than rely on others.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
31-12-2020, 02:26 PM
Might have been the 2-1 win at Easter Road when Eddie May scored the winner to end 17 games in a row? Cant remember if it then went straight into 22 games in a row but 2 lengthy periods totalling 39 games against your nearest neighbours of a similar size speaks for itself. That's pretty much 10 years!

There were some bright spots under Miller as you said in an earlier post (and O'Neill and Jackson went on to be great Hibs players) but it always felt like we achieved less than we should and would regularly surrender to the old firm and Hearts and we were content not to get drawn into a relegation fight.

I also thought Keith Wright was a fantastic player when he first joined Hibs with brilliant movement across the front line. He did really well for Hibs but cant help but feel that the movement was coached out of him as Miller turned him into a target man.

Also still remember him in the Euro 96 qualifier against Switzerland waving our players back to defend when England were 4 up against the Netherlands when we really should have gone for another goal rather than rely on others.

Paul Kane scored the winner in that derby (Eddie May scored the first), but it was only Miller’s fourth derby, so he was only responsible for three games of the 17.

22 in a row was rough though.

Hiber-nation
31-12-2020, 02:31 PM
He signed good players but they were rarely utilised well.

It was a long decade with the occasional bright spot.

Yep, apart from the derbies, the away games were torture a lot of the time. Wee Crunchie barely going over the halfway line at Fir Park to mark Rab McKinnon was a particular low point. No doubt in a 1-0 defeat.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Can I throw in a 3-0 defeat away to Raith Rovers in about 1995 as a Miller low point? Midweek game and I think we ended the game with Darren Jackson playing left back. I think there was a 2-0 defeat at Brockville a few weeks later as well that was equally grim.

We did beat Hearts that year though on NYD.

Peevemor
31-12-2020, 02:44 PM
I don't think we can fairly compare managers from before and after the Bosman ruling (and, to a lesser extent, transfer windows).

Assembling a team/squad was a completely different process.

Would Jim McLean have been as successful post Bosman? I doubt it very much.

CMurdoch
31-12-2020, 02:46 PM
Torsten Schmugge fits the profile

what about Ray Wilkins?

Yorkshire HFC
31-12-2020, 02:50 PM
When we finally beat them it was at Tynecastle.

Nope - it was at Easter Road :-)

Smartie
31-12-2020, 02:51 PM
I was out of the room when he was telling the "unnamed player" story.

What was he saying?

Stevie Reid
31-12-2020, 03:02 PM
I don't think we can fairly compare managers from before and after the Bosman ruling (and, to a lesser extent, transfer windows).

Assembling a team/squad was a completely different process.

Would Jim McLean have been as successful post Bosman? I doubt it very much.

Totally agree. It can be hard to remember football when match day squads consisted of 13 players, free transfers were rare, and there weren’t two transfer windows in which most teams make multiple signings. But that was the way for vast majority of Miller’s time.

Took a long time to build a team that way, and when he got it right, they were very good teams. Bosman, plus the cost of building the two stands ok the mid 90s, had a big affect on the quality we could bring in towards the end of his time.

LeithMike
31-12-2020, 03:09 PM
Nope - it was at Easter Road :-)The end of the 22 game streak was definitely Tynecastle. Gordon Hunter getting the only goal. Due to the redevelopment of the ground I was in the Hearts end in the main stand.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2020, 03:27 PM
Signed some good players and a lot of good memories some not so good

In 453 games he was just 3 games and 9 goals off an average score of 0-0

One festive period he had four 0-0 draws

I really enjoyed seeing him and listening to what he had to say I found it fascinating it was like finding a long lost uncle

Thanks for the memories Alex

:cup:

Logie Green
31-12-2020, 03:55 PM
He became untouchable as he managed us through the Duff and Gray era, but that gave him too much credit in the bank, especially with Dougie Cromb; lovely guy Dougie, but Miller was his blind spot, i'm afraid.

His Derby record was indefensible, and his dour personality was reflected in his dour, defensive teams which as someone else has said in the thread far outweighed his good ones.

Giving his two laddies contracts, while letting the likes of Craig Dargo go was a joke as well.

Sufficed to say I wasn't a fan.

Spot on. The I M Jolly of Scottish football.

It always amused me that his press pals praised the job he did at Hibs but whenever the Huns job came up his name was never mentioned.

Peevemor
31-12-2020, 04:31 PM
Spot on. The I M Jolly of Scottish football.

It always amused me that his press pals praised the job he did at Hibs but whenever the Huns job came up his name was never mentioned.Miller was manager at Hibs from November 86 to September 96.

Rangers managers were

Souness May 86 - April 91
Smith April 91 - May 98
Advocaat June 98 - December 2001
McLeish December 2001 - May 2006

When would you suggest that Miller might have been appointed? It's not like the Rangers job came up every couple of months.

Logie Green
31-12-2020, 04:40 PM
Miller was manager at Hibs from November 86 to September 96.

Rangers managers were

Souness May 86 - April 91
Smith April 91 - May 98
Advocaat June 98 - December 2001
McLeish December 2001 - May 2006

When would you suggest that Miller might have been appointed? It's not like the Rangers job came up every couple of months.

April 1991.

Iggy Pope
31-12-2020, 04:46 PM
Mike Newell has a son called George, did someone say he was Joe’s Dad?

Might be a bit late answering, but embarrassingly, yes. Tanner started it off by talking about Joe’s famous dad and Lexo continued it by talking about having his dad at Aberdeen.

leith lynx
31-12-2020, 04:46 PM

Keith Houchen

worcesterhibby
31-12-2020, 05:55 PM
My memory of Millers time was of dreary football from a dreary man. He is obviously a good coach, but rarely inspired his teams. Definitely better as a coach than a man manager. Given the choice I’d take our current manager over him every time.

CMurdoch
31-12-2020, 06:02 PM
Might be a bit late answering, but embarrassingly, yes. Tanner started it off by talking about Joe’s famous dad and Lexo continued it by talking about having his dad at Aberdeen.

I didn't know that until last night. His dad was a quality top league striker in England for many years but his race was run by the time he rocked up at Aberdeen. Predictably they look very similar although dad was more robust.

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2020, 06:05 PM
I didn't know that until last night. His dad was a quality top league player in England for many years but his race was run by the time he rocked up at Aberdeen. Predictably they look very similar.
Mike Newell’s son was George who played for Motherwell IIRC

Baader
31-12-2020, 06:16 PM
Miller having a good eye for a player and not playing them correctly is about right.

I remember Crunchie McCallister being shouted at to get back in the box for a corner at ER when he didn't want to be anywhere near our goal. Always mind Duffy's first game at ER and there was applause for keeping a man or two up by the half way line when defending a corner.

Fair to say he divided opinion. Kept on too long as Cromb was a big fan of his. Sure they had dinner out together with their wives weekly.

CMurdoch
31-12-2020, 06:19 PM
Mike Newell’s son was George who played for Motherwell IIRC

Miller was babbling about Joe's dad playing for him at Aberdeen and that ties in with Mike Newell's time at Aberdeen.
Is he having a rave to himself?

Wikipedia certainly says George is Mike's son. Looks like between them Lex & Tanner have sent us on a wild goose chase.

P.S. Joe certainly doesn't shoot like Mike

BILLYHIBS
31-12-2020, 06:26 PM
Miller was babbling about Joe's dad playing for him at Aberdeen and that ties in with Mike Newell's time at Aberdeen.
Is he having a rave to himself?

Wikipedia certainly says George.

:confused:

I got sucked in as well

I actually posted as much on here

Just a case of the host not doing his homework then talking at cross purposes with Lexo

Mike Newell is not Joe’s dad

Viva_Palmeiras
31-12-2020, 06:57 PM

Jaw dropping in disbelief.

EI255
31-12-2020, 07:05 PM
Our Anderlecht man.

Happy Christmas Mr Alex [emoji41]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Killiehibbie
31-12-2020, 08:01 PM
He was that negative in his approach that he had us looking back on Bertie Auld as some up and at em swashbuckler.

heretoday
01-01-2021, 05:54 AM
He wouldn't have been given so long in the job these days. He managed as he played - dour.

Mind you I remember a cracker he scored at Parkhead back in the seventies.

JimBHibees
01-01-2021, 10:13 AM
Jaw dropping in disbelief.

Definitely happened