PDA

View Full Version : Spineless, Gutless...

Steve88
30-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Dominated by a bottom of the table club...

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2020, 06:45 PM
Dreadful performance. Not dreadful players, though. Best thing to do is forget about it and go again asap. Beat Livi.

EI255
30-12-2020, 06:45 PM
Has to go down as one of the worst home results in years. Says a lot about the squad. Simply nowhere near the standard. Boy Band FC indeed.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

EI255
30-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Dreadful performance. Not dreadful players, though. Best thing to do is forget about it and go again asap. Beat Livi.Unfortunately, forgetting a home defeat from a very poor bottom club is difficult to forget. Embarrassing.

MWHIBBIES
30-12-2020, 06:47 PM
Has to go down as one of the worst home results in years. Says a lot about the squad. Simply nowhere near the standard. Boy Band FC indeed.

Ah yes, every game we lose its boy band FC :faf:

That patter is utterly chronic. Embarrassing for any Hibs fan to use it. When you think about it, and the idiot who said it and when he said it, its absolutely laughable.

The 90+2
30-12-2020, 06:47 PM
How many times do we do alright at Tynie or Glasgow then get pumped at home of some ****? Actually happy for Yogi though.

The 90+2
30-12-2020, 06:48 PM
Ah yes, every game we lose its boy band FC :faf:

That patter is utterly chronic. Embarrassing for any Hibs fan to use it. When you think about it, and the idiot who said it and when he said it, its absolutely laughable.

Soft as *****, bullied off the ball and second to every ball. They have simply wanted it more.

hibee_girl
30-12-2020, 06:48 PM

That's maybe a bit dramatic

Since90+2
30-12-2020, 06:49 PM
It wasn't a great performance. It happens.

We've shown enough this season to suggest we'll bounce back.

mcohibs
30-12-2020, 06:50 PM

That 'boy band' patter is absolutely honking btw

MWHIBBIES
Soft as *****, bullied off the ball and second to every ball. They have simply wanted it more.

You're right. We had a stinker tonight. We're not suddenly a dreadful team.,

Jim44
Why are we consistently rubbish at ER?

delbert
30-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Dreadful performance. Not dreadful players, though. Best thing to do is forget about it and go again asap. Beat Livi.

Your forgetting clueless as well, in particular a manager who hadnt any idea how to change either the flow of the game or formation, I certainly didn’t see it at any point tonight

HoboHarry
30-12-2020, 06:51 PM

I read this post before I looked at who posted it. My guess was right on the money though.....

Heisenberg
30-12-2020, 06:52 PM
Your forgetting clueless as well, in particular a manager who hadnt any idea how to change either the flow of the game or formation, I certainly didn’t see it at any point tonight

Doesn’t help that we’re missing a load of players who keep getting injured repeatedly. Absolutely **** all on the bench tonight of any real quality to change the game.

Libby Hibby
30-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Outsmarted by Yogi

my left peg
Terrible performance,none of the outfield 10 contributed,coupled with baffling substitutions from the manager.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J-C
442 yet again and gave up the midfield, Doidge and Wright dont deserve a start, both have been honking all season. Get 3 in the middle to compete, 2 wide men and Nisbet through the middle.

Hibernia&Alba
I expected much more tonight. Ah well, them's the breaks. We'll be okay.

Northernhibee
30-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Lots of posters on here that we’ve not seen in a while. Welcome back chaps.

Malthibby
30-12-2020, 06:55 PM
Utterly shocking, please keep the reasonable posts off here tonight, the team should be absolutely embarrassed by that. Second best to the worst team in the league. Twice.

Hibernia&Alba
Outsmarted by Yogi

That's like being outrun by Stephen Hawking.

RossScott1991
It was a honking night at the office lacking energy.

It happens in football especially this league. Logging off for the night before I start reading that Newell isn’t good enough, we should sell Boyle. Etc etc.

It’s a hugely disappointing result. Hopefully one that has some strong words full time and sparks a reaction at weekend.

But let’s not go overboard eh.

Callum_62
30-12-2020, 06:56 PM
Rank game

We looked a tired team to me from what i saw the second half

Badly missing our injured players

Was a very very pedestrian performance

No one at all with passmarks

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

hfc-1875
Absolutely terrible. Porto terrible tonight, hanlon far too soft at there second goal. Hallberg and Wright simply not good enough to be anywhere near hibs. Boyle been terrible for a while. Nisbet couldn’t look less interested tonight if he tried. Can’t decide if doidge is crap and had a good run of form last season or if he’s decent and just not playing well at the monent not convinced.

Pretty Boy
For as much as the team deserved the plaudits for the effort they put in on Saturday, they deserve the criticism tonight.

That was awful.

The 90+2
You're right. We had a stinker tonight. We're not suddenly a dreadful team.,

True but it’s still a sickener.

The 90+2
30-12-2020, 06:57 PM
Rank game

We looked a tired team to me from what i saw the second half

Badly missing our injured players

Was a very very pedestrian performance

No one at all with passmarks

We played like West Ham a couple of days back against Brighton. Unfortunately they improved the second half and Yogi has them hungry.

S4uzee
30-12-2020, 06:58 PM
As I said previously but was called negative, this Hibs team and manager will let us down time and time again.

Very poor home form
Barely win a ‘big game’ against the old firm/hearts/Aberdeen
Persist with 2 in CM

Callum_62
30-12-2020, 06:59 PM
As I said previously but was called negative, this Hibs team and manager will let us down time and time again.

Very poor home form
Barely win a ‘big game’ against the old firm/hearts/Aberdeen
Persist with 2 in CMAye whatever. Compared to almost every season for ages we are flying

Hermit Crab

Personally I think Hibernian 1-2 Stranraer or Hibernian 0-7 Malmo are worse but yes, its definitely up there as being a shocker.

Argylehibby

Just like last season.... That's 1 point from 6 off Ross county this season.

GRA
30-12-2020, 07:00 PM

Must be loving that dreadful performance! To be fair the criticism is well deserved tonight after watching that #### but looking at the wider picture got to hope it's a small blip in an otherwise decent season.

EI255
30-12-2020, 07:00 PM
That 'boy band' patter is absolutely honking btwOK, boy Band defence (and midfield) then.

Callum_62
30-12-2020, 07:01 PM
That's like being outrun by Stephen Hawking.When he was alive or now?

Classy either way

The 90+2

You’re better than that mate.

darwenhibby
Got to win the individual battles first before we win the game
Especially against teams that are spoilers first like Ross County
Truly awful performance from Hibs

Northernhibee
30-12-2020, 07:02 PM
You’re better than that mate.

It’s true though.

No question we were very poor and criticism is merited but looks like the board is back to being unreadable for a few more days.

Roxyhibee
30-12-2020, 07:05 PM
Terrible weak performance but it’s clear now that this Hibs team do not like opposition who work hard, are aggressive and close the space. That should be clear for all to see in a number of games since the beginning of the year. In fact, they absolutely bottle it. Jack Ross needs to change that as soon as, but I’ve got an increasingly uncomfortable feeling they play in games like this in his passive management style.

Jim44
30-12-2020, 07:06 PM
Spineless, gutless ....... maybe they are, but they still managed to outwit our super heroes.:greengrin

Allez Hibs
30-12-2020, 07:07 PM
Can Jack Ross win a big game? We are League Cup favourites.

Under Jack Ross Hibs have played 14 games against Rangers Celtic Hearts Aberdeen. 2 wins 2 draws 10 losses. Home record is abysmal.

loanheadhibby
30-12-2020, 07:07 PM
How many times do we do alright at Tynie or Glasgow then get pumped at home of some ****? Actually happy for Yogi though.

We lost at Ibrox? Are we celebrating good performances now. Yogi can gtf as far as I’m concerned. Could not give a rats toss for him tonight.

easty
30-12-2020, 07:09 PM

Kind of agree, but then the team deserve to be slated tonight. It’s a disgusting performance and result.

The usual suspects will be on here spouting their general ***** tonight, worse than usual probably, but it’s not undeserved.

Since452
30-12-2020, 07:09 PM

Exactly. We're going to have the occasional shocker. On to the next game.

Callum_62
30-12-2020, 07:13 PM

Under Jack Ross Hibs have played 14 games against Rangers Celtic Hearts Aberdeen. 2 wins 2 draws 10 losses. Home record is abysmal.Well yes, twice according to your stats

HFC93
30-12-2020, 07:14 PM

Aye, we were pish tonight, etc.

But can someone explain to me the ‘boy band’ stuff? It doesn’t really even make any sense. I would love if Hibs were as successful as One Direction, Take That or the Backstreet Boys.

Since452
30-12-2020, 07:14 PM
442 yet again and gave up the midfield, Doidge and Wright dont deserve a start, both have been honking all season. Get 3 in the middle to compete, 2 wide men and Nisbet through the middle.

Been saying for a while we need a striker in to put pressure on Doidge and Nisbet. They are almost undroppable due to the lack of options. Not saying Kev has done much wrong but you know what I mean.

Since452
30-12-2020, 07:18 PM

But can someone explain to me the ‘boy band’ stuff? It doesn’t really even make any sense. I would love if Hibs were as successful as One Direction, Take That or the Backstreet Boys.

All started with the blonde barnets under Mowbray. Then Lennon decided to reignite the phrase meaning we were a bit soft. Every time we get beat it's trotted out on here by someone. Poor and unjustified really. We were ***** tonight. It happens. If it's not for you go and support PSG.

Nicho87
30-12-2020, 07:19 PM
Can’t recall many performances under Ross after a win and went thinking what a team we have there. The football is stinking even under our good start this season we got a good few late wins. United, saints away, both dire games.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2020, 07:20 PM
We’ve been going pretty well, we have a stinker, you’d expect it to be discussed. And if it was discussed with any perspective or even a sense of proportion, more people would engage.
But as ever, way over the top from some with previous and a good few others too . If anyone is seriously “disgusted” tonight then they’ve never been truly disgusted by anything in their short (or extremely sheltered) lives.

Hibs were *****. Shock.

matty_f
30-12-2020, 07:21 PM
Brutal night, tonight. Not one player was at it tonight, not one.

The team have been good this season, but they have to take the flak for this performance on the chin. Nowhere near good enough.

Northernhibee
30-12-2020, 07:23 PM

The team have been good this season, but they have to take the flak for this performance on the chin. Nowhere near good enough.

Exactly how I feel about it - good a season as we've had, that performance belonged to one of the worst seasons in the past.

Bit puzzling as to why we were so bad but hopefully with the games coming thick and fast we look to bounce back with aplomb. If we do that, we can write today off as "one of those ones". We have to win well though.

matty_f
30-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Exactly how I feel about it - good a season as we've had, that performance belonged to one of the worst seasons in the past.

Bit puzzling as to why we were so bad but hopefully with the games coming thick and fast we look to bounce back with aplomb. If we do that, we can write today off as "one of those ones". We have to win well though.
Just listening to Jack Ross on Hibs Pass and he’s said almost exactly the same.

Steve20
30-12-2020, 07:26 PM
Some of players aren’t actually that good, despite what some on here hope if they keep saying will make it true. Hallberg and Wright to name two. Boyle may as well not be here anymore.

4th is celebrated like something special. It’s the bare minimum we should expect this season. Our home form is poor and we’ve lost a semi final to a championship team. So Jack Ross might have a look at himself too.

That was a disgrace this evening.

Hiber-nation
30-12-2020, 07:27 PM

That's what I don't understand. I'm happy to let it go if there are at least 1 or 2 trying to make things happen when our creative players aren't playing well. But the likes of McGinn and Hanlon, who you can usually rely on were really poor tonight as well. Preparation surely in question.

Callum_62
Some of players aren’t actually that good, despite what some on here hope if they keep saying will make it true. Hallberg and Wright to name two. Boyle may as well not be here anymore.

4th is celebrated like something special. It’s the bare minimum we should expect this season. Our home form is poor and we’ve lost a semi final to a championship team. So Jack Ross might have a look at himself too.

That was a disgrace this evening.I don't really get this 4th is minimum

How often in the last 15 years have we finished 4th or above?

Steve20

Is it a ‘good season’? Should we expect to be below 4th like?

Hiber-nation

That was a disgrace this evening.

What? Boyle had been outstanding for weeks up till the huns game.

Mickey Weir
30-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Embaressing performance and result, we'll be lucky to finish top 6 as we are just so inconsistent.

Hibs1969
30-12-2020, 07:29 PM
Last game of the year and we put in our worst performance of the season. Not great but if you’d told me in August that this would be the case, I’d settle for it.

It’s well documented that our squad is pretty stretched at the moment, meaning we’ve not had the opportunity to rest players like Boyle and Nisbet who might otherwise have had a day off. We looked very flat and tired tonight and without a doubt were total dugsh*te but that happens sometimes. All in all it’s been a very decent first few months of the season, we’re still there or thereabouts and hopefully will use tonight as the boot up the arse we deserve. Happy New Year to all my fellow Hibees and here’s to the back of 2020.

Northernhibee
30-12-2020, 07:30 PM
Is it a ‘good season’? Should we expect to be below 4th like?

We've not finished 4th or higher on any regular sort of basis, so history would suggest that it's more likely than not to finish below 4th.

KingPat4
30-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Absolutely terrible. Porto terrible tonight, hanlon far too soft at there second goal. Hallberg and Wright simply not good enough to be anywhere near hibs. Boyle been terrible for a while. Nisbet couldn’t look less interested tonight if he tried. Can’t decide if doidge is crap and had a good run of form last season or if he’s decent and just not playing well at the monent not convinced.

Get a grip Boyle has been pretty damn good this month.

DaveF
30-12-2020, 07:31 PM
It's the pedestrian pace we play at which is really beginning to annoy me.

How Ross could watch that first half and not fire up the team to increase the tempo in the second is a real concern and does not inspire confidence in his ability to motivate the players.

hfc-1875
30-12-2020, 07:32 PM
Get a grip Boyle has been pretty damn good this month.

Against who?

B.H.F.C
30-12-2020, 07:33 PM

We started with three in the middle tonight, it was dreadful and changed after half an hour.

The 442 has largely worked against the real crap like them.

NC1875
30-12-2020, 07:34 PM
I don't really get this 4th is minimum

How often in the last 15 years have we finished 4th or above?

So because we haven’t finished 4th that often in the last 15 years, that means it should be some sort of achievement that we’re 4th now ?

It’s because we’ve underachieved for the last 15 years.

That’s everything that is wrong with Hibs, happy to accept the bare minimum and celebrate 4th like we’re doing well.

In any other business, 4th would be “could do better”

Scotty Leither
30-12-2020, 07:38 PM
]It's the pedestrian pace we play at which is really beginning to annoy me. [/B]

How Ross could watch that first half and not fire up the team to increase the tempo in the second is a real concern and does not inspire confidence in his ability to motivate the players.

Yes, i'm the same with him. The mix in midfield is still not right and opposition teams (especially the stuffy ones like Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Ross Co tonight) are wide to it and try and stifle our only creative player in there, Newell.

If the supply is slow to Boyle, then it allows them to double up on him too. We've no-one that carries the ball 50-60 yards like SJM, and while he's very much a one-off we've got to source more players that play in a more direct fashion, as right now it's a tough watch and it seems to be more pronounced when we play at home for some reason?

hfc-1875
30-12-2020, 07:38 PM
So because we haven’t finished 4th that often in the last 15 years, that means it should be some sort of achievement that we’re 4th now ?

That’s everything that is wrong with Hibs, happy to accept the bare minimum and celebrate 4th like we’re doing well.

Completely agree. We’ve maybe not finished in top 4 consistently over that period because there’s been the old firm, Aberdeen. Hearts plus the likes of Motherwell and Dundee Utd have had decent periods in that time. If we don’t get at least 4th this time it would be an absolute disaster.

hibby6270
30-12-2020, 07:39 PM

Even one of the 1D boys is allegedly a decent player!!

Skol
30-12-2020, 07:41 PM

We are comfortably top 4 and significantly better than for most of my near 50 years of watching Hibs.

matty_f
30-12-2020, 07:45 PM
What? Boyle had been outstanding for weeks up till the huns game.

You need to remember who you’re replying to here.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2020, 07:45 PM
We are comfortably top 4 and significantly better than for most of my near 50 years of watching Hibs.

Mine too. Exactly 50 ****ing years of it on Saturday coming.

Hibees1973
30-12-2020, 07:47 PM
I for one have misgivings about the bottle in this Hibs team.

Jack Ross regularly says he has to tell them how good they are. What’s all that about? Basically it is a lack of belief and confidence in each other which will be/has been exposed in pressurised situations.

Recent examples are clear. Unable to win the semi final, losing leads to Celtic & Dundee Utd late on in the last few weeks and a totally inept performance tonight after going behind.

We have dug out the odd victory after going behind, Alloa (wow), comes to mind. But clearly the bad outweighs the good when we are put under pressure. Also we have a poor record of winning games against the top 3.

These are not good traits to have if we want to win silverware and finish 3rd in the league.

Livi on Saturday will be interesting. A tough team, in form and punching way above their weight. Wonder how this Hibs team will cope with them.

We we lack a couple of real leaders and real bast*£!s in the team...and before the next semi final.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2020, 07:47 PM

I’m relatively happy with where we are but I also think the league is very low quality this year. Anything less than fourth (which we won’t be) would be a huge failure IMO.

hibee-boys
30-12-2020, 07:51 PM
Let’s be honest we’ve rode our luck and managed to collect a points total thus far that doesn’t match the quality of football. I’ve watched most of the games this year and only enjoyed 2 or 3 performances, our performance tonight produced the result we deserved.

Scotty Leither
30-12-2020, 07:55 PM
We we lack a couple of real leaders and real bast*£!s in the team...and before the next semi final.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's where I am too. It seems to me we're too passive in certain games, and in certain situations our players are too meek and accepting when things go against them...when Vigurs had that 2nd bookable foul on the halfway line tonight, the Hibs' players should have been round the ref asking for him to be (justifiably) booked. Ditto the penalty decision at Ibrox on Saturday.

This attitude permeates the whole club though. The moral high ground has never won us anything and it never will. Time for that to change too.

Diclonius
30-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Our first loss to a non OF/Hearts/Aberdeen team for over a year.

Calm yourselves.

hfc-1875
30-12-2020, 08:05 PM
Our first loss to a non OF/Hearts/Aberdeen team for over a year.

Calm yourselves.

That’s some stat actually to be fair, but at the same time our record against they other 4 has been terrible.

gaz1875
30-12-2020, 08:12 PM
You can't blame injured players when the team we played were thrown together due to injuries and suspensions and a new manager. That was garbage today, we didn't look like a team with any tactics, no closing down, slow and no leaders.

Unseen work
30-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Unfortunately I can’t say anything positive from that game at all.

Our passing was awful, so so wasteful. Porteous especially needs to stop thinking he’s a baller at the back.

our decision making in good positions was shocking - Nisbet first half shooting from 20 yards instead of slipping it though to an unmarked position was the prime example.

Everything and every player tonight was poor.

We created very little however Doidge with the header and Newell with the cut back should be scoring. I don’t know how Newell is technically so good but is useless when it comes to shooting.

Don’t get the moaning about 442 considering we started as a 352...

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2020, 08:13 PM
Got to win the individual battles first before we win the game
Especially against teams that are spoilers first like Ross County
Truly awful performance from Hibs

When you have a powder puff midfield to start with, then play 2 against 3 in the middle, it is very difficult to win individual battles.

It's not as if this has only happened once, we see them being outnumbered regularly.

Cod Boy
30-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Need another striker in badly someone that can challenge the 2 in possession of the jersey

h1bs4life
30-12-2020, 08:19 PM
We we lack a couple of real leaders and real bast*£!s in the team...and before the next semi final.

Yes, that's where I am too. It seems to me we're too passive in certain games, and in certain situations our players are too meek and accepting when things go against them...when Vigurs had that 2nd bookable foul on the halfway line tonight, the Hibs' players should have been round the ref asking for him to be (justifiably) booked. Ditto the penalty decision at Ibrox on Saturday.

This attitude permeates the whole club though. The moral high ground has never won us anything and it never will. Time for that to change too.[/QUOTE]

This , Vigurs and Ross County were consistenly chipping away at the ref even when they got free kicks , happened it the semi final in fact happens every game .
We never complain , moan about anything , if you are a ref at a Hibs game it must be easy to give things against us as no one complains.
Hanlon is never a captain , leader of men we need another centre half in the transfer window to put pressure on him and Porteous

Scotty Leither
30-12-2020, 08:20 PM

Under Jack Ross Hibs have played 14 games against Rangers Celtic Hearts Aberdeen. 2 wins 2 draws 10 losses. Home record is abysmal.

Careful about putting stuff like that on here; we've not to compare ourselves against them or use these games as a benchmark; perm any response from "we're a work in progress, we don't have the budget of these other clubs, we never usually finish top 4" etc etc.

J-C
30-12-2020, 08:22 PM
We started with three in the middle tonight, it was dreadful and changed after half an hour.

The 442 has largely worked against the real crap like them.

Only listened for the 1st half on the radio and they called it 442.

S4uzee
30-12-2020, 08:24 PM
When you have a powder puff midfield to start with, then play 2 against 3 in the middle, it is very difficult to win individual battles.

It's not as if this has only happened once, we see them being outnumbered regularly.

Precisely this. 2 v 3 in CM is baffling and he continues to persist with it which is worrying. Even worse when one of the two is Hallberg and he just plays where he wants

Since452
30-12-2020, 08:25 PM
Robbie out. Start up the plane

judas
30-12-2020, 08:25 PM

Dominated?!? Settle and replace your bed sheets.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2020, 08:26 PM
Only listened for the 1st half on the radio and they called it 442.

Wright started centrally. Went wide after half an hour.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2020, 08:27 PM
We've not finished 4th or higher on any regular sort of basis, so history would suggest that it's more likely than not to finish below 4th.

Performances like tonight are the reason we always underachieve.

Callum_62
30-12-2020, 08:27 PM

Yes it should

To take a consistently under performing team, or a team that is maybe performing to there level (just not accepted by the fans) and have them in the top 4 will be an achievement if that's where we end up

Same as it was for Lennons Hibs

PH91
30-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Don’t get the moaning about 442 considering we started as a 352...

I thought we played well first 15-20 mins, controlled possession and all 3 midfielders were keen (perhaps a bit too keen) to get forward. They scored with their first attack but i wasn't too concerned, i thought if we kept playing as we were chances would come.

Inexplicably we changed to a 442 not long after the goal1. From that point on we lost total control of the game and never looked like getting back into it. Seemed bizarre to me.

B.H.F.C
30-12-2020, 08:37 PM
I thought we played well first 15-20 mins, controlled possession and all 3 midfielders were keen (perhaps a bit too keen) to get forward. They scored with their first attack but i wasn't too concerned, i thought if we kept playing as we were chances would come.

Inexplicably we changed to a 442 not long after the goal1. From that point on we lost total control of the game and never looked like getting back into it. Seemed bizarre to me.

We were all right to start with in that we had the ball. But we were doing absolutely nothing with it.

I thought we should have started with the four, with Gogic in the middle of the park with Newell. That’s largely what has been successful against those types of teams, even if I don’t think it’s the long term answer.

Kinross Hibee
30-12-2020, 08:46 PM

Was very very poor but think it's down to lack of depth and the inability to successfully rotate/rest players, need to strengthen in January if finances allow. Saying that, any team we put out should compete better with bottom of league side!

matty_f
30-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Careful about putting stuff like that on here; we've not to compare ourselves against them or use these games as a benchmark; perm any response from "we're a work in progress, we don't have the budget of these other clubs, we never usually finish top 4" etc etc.

Wouldn’t it be terrible if folk were allowed to disagree, eh?

matty_f
30-12-2020, 08:50 PM

Agree with that, i didn’t really notice the formation change but did notice that we never looked likely to get back in it after they scored.

blackpoolhibs
30-12-2020, 08:54 PM
Was very very poor but think it's down to lack of depth and the inability to successfully rotate/rest players, need to strengthen in January if finances allow. Saying that, any team we put out should compete better with bottom of league side!

How were Ross County able to do it tonight?

Brightside
30-12-2020, 08:56 PM

They are fighting for something. Our players have it a bit too easy right now.

Alfred E Newman
30-12-2020, 08:56 PM

Beat me to it.

hibeerealist
30-12-2020, 08:59 PM

This attitude permeates the whole club though. The moral high ground has never won us anything and it never will. Time for that to change too.

This , Vigurs and Ross County were consistenly chipping away at the ref even when they got free kicks , happened it the semi final in fact happens every game .
We never complain , moan about anything , if you are a ref at a Hibs game it must be easy to give things against us as no one complains.
Hanlon is never a captain , leader of men we need another centre half in the transfer window to put pressure on him and Porteous[/QUOTE]

Agree with all of that mate, spot on.

matty_f
30-12-2020, 09:01 PM

Exactly, we can’t use injuries as an excuse, our squad players make it into Ross County’s first team.

We had a terrible night -we haven’t had too many of them recently.

Stuart93
30-12-2020, 09:04 PM

Sorry but that’s pish

We should be fighting every game for third place...absolutely nothing’s guaranteed for us yet

GreenCastle
30-12-2020, 09:09 PM
Performances like tonight are the reason we always underachieve.

This is actually very simple and sensible.

We don’t except to win the league but the minimum we except is to do well against everyone else - especially those with less resources.

Teams lose matches but Hibs seem to have a habit of been really awful or losing late goals or worse losing important games when it matters.

I am concerned about the semi final as not sure has the mentality to win a semi final let alone a final - especially now as the pressures as increases on the players and manager.

Hermit Crab
30-12-2020, 09:10 PM

Our players cant be too fussy about scooping their home win and clean sheet bonuses then. :dunno:

JohnM1875
30-12-2020, 09:13 PM
Sorry but that’s pish

We should be fighting every game for third place...absolutely nothing’s guaranteed for us yet

It's utter pish. If we aren't fighting for something halfway through the season then what's the point?

This place is absolutely mental. If folk can't understand the negativity after a result like tonight then you can basically never criticise the team.

Aye, it might be 'the same old posters' but so what? That was a shocking performance tonight. They haven't scored in five league games was it? Haven't won in eight? Two startes sent off midweek and missing tonights game.

S4uzee
30-12-2020, 09:17 PM
It's utter pish. If we aren't fighting for something halfway through the season then what's the point?

This place is absolutely mental. If folk can't understand the negativity after a result like tonight then you can basically never criticise the team.

Aye, it might be 'the same old posters' but so what? That was a shocking performance tonight. They haven't scored in five league games was it? Haven't won in eight? Two startes sent off midweek and missing tonights game.

Hadn’t won in the league since September. Have Laidlaw, Keith Watson, Donaldson, Tremarco in their side

Stuart93
30-12-2020, 09:28 PM

Agreed 100%

Haven’t won in 13 I think I heard cliff saying

A woeful performance. We’ve got the chance to bounce back straight away but we need to be so much better. I’d chuck gogic back into the middle and play with Nisbet up top himself

ahibby
30-12-2020, 09:31 PM
Hadn’t won in the league since February. Have Laidlaw, Keith Watson, Donaldson, Tremarco in their side

Everyone involved in tonighrs game on Hibs side of things should be placed on a three months report. Its going to be a long 3 months Hibs cannot bounce back from this low.

supermcginn
30-12-2020, 09:36 PM

What a load of guff.

JimBHibees
30-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Agreed 100%

Haven’t won in 13 I think I heard cliff saying

A woeful performance. We’ve got the chance to bounce back straight away but we need to be so much better. I’d chuck gogic back into the middle and play with Nisbet up top himself

:agree:

Key West
30-12-2020, 10:42 PM
Hibs expended a fair amount of effort and energy against Rangers and were very flat tonight against a team that were playing for a new manager, it has been a very encouraging season so far, the response to this defeat should be to win against Livingston and go on another good run.

Iain G
30-12-2020, 10:58 PM

Clearly it was a bloody bad day at the office, I don't think I have seen anyone say any different on here? The constant knee jerk bed wetting over reaction when things don't go our way is madness, that's football, things don't always go your way, it doesn't mean you have to crucify every player and the manager and the owner (probably) when things don't go out way.

The beauty of this game is we have a chance to out it right in the next match.

One Day Soon
30-12-2020, 11:24 PM
It's the pedestrian pace we play at which is really beginning to annoy me.

Yes, I really hate that. One thing I loved about the John Collins team was how hard they worked and how relentlessly they closed down the opposition. Even the silkiest teams work really hard when they're not in possession. Urgency in possession and bite when without - we could do with a lot more of both.

USAHibee
30-12-2020, 11:40 PM
The team put so much into Saturday at Ibrox.

Any adverse result was going to send this place into a downward frenzy...

We are a good team who just had a an off day..

Let's get behind the boys for Saturday

Brightside
31-12-2020, 07:31 AM
What a load of guff.

Is it? We are sitting 3rd / 4th. Big gap to 5th. I don’t think our players are really that bothered about getting 3rd. There was a real lack of effort from the whole team last night. Even the subs coming on provided nothing extra. That’s a mind set issue. Too many know they are going to picked no matter how they perform as we have such a small squad right now. So no fighting for their place and no real push to get 3rd.

Dmas
31-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Agree with that, i didn’t really notice the formation change but did notice that we never looked likely to get back in it after they scored.

As soon as the change happened we where over ran in the middle, made it too easy for them to double up on Newell when he had the ball, I’m stunned JR didn’t change that during the course of the game, Newell couldn’t get going and we never looked like creating anything without him.

Ozyhibby
31-12-2020, 09:01 AM
It’s the same problem we have had all season. Our midfield don’t scrap for the ball when not in possession. They are one paced and happy to jog alongside players without actually challenging for the ball.
We get away with it most weeks because the rest of the league is poor this year. Top 4 is still assured. But results against Celtic/Rangers/Aberdeen are unlikely.
We need a bit of work done on our midfield. We need to move players on. And if we sign a midfielder make sure it’s one that’s not injured 4 games out of 5.
We also need to move on Gray and McGregor. They are not contributing at all now and we are not a rich enough club to keep them on the wage bill just for team morale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenpaper55
31-12-2020, 10:16 AM
Clearly it was a bloody bad day at the office, I don't think I have seen anyone say any different on here? The constant knee jerk bed wetting over reaction when things don't go our way is madness, that's football, things don't always go your way, it doesn't mean you have to crucify every player and the manager and the owner (probably) when things don't go out way.

The beauty of this game is we have a chance to out it right in the next match.

I think we can safely say last nights performance was a lot worse than " things not going our way" Your attitude is all wrong and that's why we underachieve as a club, players and manager deserve every bit of a hard time after displays like that but it seems to happen time and time again with us, remember the Derby at ER ? another night of things not going our way ! When our team perform badly they can drop to an astonishing level, you can forgive a defeat but to have no fight or athleticism to chase the opposition is shocking and when was the last time we did a high press on a team that others do to us constantly, i'm not holding my breath on that one.

Northernhibee
31-12-2020, 10:19 AM
I think we can safely say last nights performance was a lot worse than " things not going our way" Your attitude is all wrong and that's why we underachieve as a club, players and manager deserve every bit of a hard time after displays like that but it seems to happen time and time again with us, remember the Derby at ER ? another night of things not going our way ! When our team perform badly they can drop to an astonishing level, you can forgive a defeat but to have no fight or athleticism to chase the opposition is shocking and when was the last time we did a high press on a team that others do to us constantly, i'm not holding my breath on that one.

There you go Iain, it's all your fault. Boooooo :greengrin

You do realise that almost every team in the world will have more than one bad game in a season, right?

Stokesy's on fire
31-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Exactly, we can’t use injuries as an excuse, our squad players make it into Ross County’s first team.

We had a terrible night -we haven’t had too many of them recently.

Not acceptable off night or not the clubs objectives should be to make third minimum no less

Saint Hibee
31-12-2020, 12:04 PM
We just need more passion and more personality. Bring Leigh home, and if we can't get him, let's take a chance on Jason Cummings.

flash
31-12-2020, 12:11 PM
Sometimes wonder how we aren't adrift at the foot of the table on zero points seeing how crap we are.

Stokesy's on fire
31-12-2020, 12:23 PM
We just need more passion and more personality. Bring Leigh home, and if we can't get him, let's take a chance on Jason Cummings.

Jason Cummings hasnt done all that well since he left us but he could be ideal cover and adds some much needed personality to our team

Andy74
31-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Sometimes wonder how we aren't adrift at the foot of the table on zero points seeing how crap we are.

I do often wonder what the ‘unacceptable’ comments ever amount to.

If you aren’t accepting something then you must be willing to do something about it.

Perhaps I’m just getting older but I can manage to be unhappy about a result without getting angry about everything and everyone.

It’s a bit of a waste of energy really.

Bad results will always happen regardless of what we do.

There are some folk I genuinely don’t know how they get through other set backs and disappointments in life.

I also tend to think that the players and management are probably higher achievers with higher standards of effort and behaviours than the various folk who endlessly criticise them.

Yorkshire HFC
31-12-2020, 12:31 PM
There are some folk I genuinely don’t know how they get through other set backs and disappointments in life.

I also tend to think that the players and management are probably higher achievers with higher standards of effort and behaviours than the various folk who endlessly criticise them.[/QUOTE]

LOL - I often end up thinking there must be loads of brilliant Hibs supporting plumbers, lawyers, bankers, bus drivers etc. in Edinburgh.

Also, when people say a performance, players or the manager is "unacceptable" - what are they expecting? To get the players sacked after every loss?

Whatever people think, these guys are all elite athletes - you don't get to be a professional sportsman without putting in an amount of effort that 99% of people would baulk at.

flash
31-12-2020, 01:16 PM

If you aren’t accepting something then you must be willing to do something about it.

Perhaps I’m just getting older but I can manage to be unhappy about a result without getting angry about everything and everyone.

I also tend to think that the players and management are probably higher achievers with higher standards of effort and behaviours than the various folk who endlessly criticise them.
I used to rant and rave but have definitely mellowed with age. I also appreciate having any fitba at all to watch in the current climate. These are strange times and it's hardly surprising that performance levels are up and down.

Nobody thinks we played well last night but it's hardly worth the witch hunts and days of bitter recrimination that seems to follow every match these days.

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 01:23 PM
I used to rant and rave but have definitely mellowed with age. I also appreciate having any fitba at all to watch in the current climate. These are strange times and it's hardly surprising that performance levels are up and down.

Nobody thinks we played well last night but it's hardly worth the witch hunts and days of bitter recrimination that seems to follow every match these days.

I don’t see many people/posters losing the plot and going radge tbh. It’s been a lot worse before.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2020, 01:25 PM
I don’t see many people/posters losing the plot and going radge tbh. It’s been a lot worse before.
:agree: There is the usual folk going mad at the people going mad. :greengrin

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 01:28 PM
:agree: There is the usual folk going mad at the people going mad. :greengrin

Exactly mate. People desperate to either rip others when there’s nothing to be outraged or say how this forum is now pap. Even when we win it’s “aye they will be quiet for a few days now” people lost their **** rightly last night during the game but in general it’s been pretty mellow.

flash
31-12-2020, 01:41 PM

It's obviously a matter of opinion but it's bad enough to annoy me.

jacomo
31-12-2020, 01:47 PM

If your username refers to your birth year then I am about the same age as you and of a similar mindset.

Just not going to lose my head because Hibs lost a football match, in a season where we are doing relatively well.

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2020, 02:00 PM

I'm more philosophical about defeats as I get older. We've all seen much, much worse results than yesterday. It now requires a special kind of indignity to make me lose my mind at Hibs :greengrin:greengrin

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 03:36 PM
It's obviously a matter of opinion but it's bad enough to annoy me.

Sound mate. Have a good NY

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 03:38 PM
I'm more philosophical about defeats as I get older. We've all seen much, much worse results than yesterday. It now requires a special kind of indignity to make me lose my mind at Hibs :greengrin:greengrin

Yeah me too. I would usually rage for days and after a derby loss I would turn the lights off and sleep for days avoiding everything. People raging about posters being annoyed does my nut in more these days. I see it as showing passion for the club we all love and not just an attack on Hibs randomly as I would be first to defend otherwise.

Andy74
31-12-2020, 03:43 PM
Yeah me too. I would usually rage for days and after a derby loss I would turn the lights off and sleep for days avoiding everything. People raging about posters being annoyed does my nut in more these days. I see it as showing passion for the club we all love and not just an attack on Hibs randomly as I would be first to defend otherwise.

People aren’t really raging about it though in comparison are they?

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2020, 03:50 PM
I'm more philosophical about defeats as I get older.

My old man is 74 and it's safe to say he doesn't share your philosophy. 😤

Hibernia&Alba
31-12-2020, 03:55 PM

:hilarious

Even the cup defeat to Hearts didn't rile me; I was half expecting it. I think the last time I got really angry was the 6-1 at Ibrox.

S4uzee
31-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Exactly. It’s a passion for the club. I am critical of Hibs but would always defend us when speaking to fans of other clubs etc

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 04:07 PM
People aren’t really raging about it though in comparison are they?

People are raging about posters attacking the club, saying this site is going down the pan and loads of other crap. Just an excuse to rip posters and try to act more important as they’ve been here longer. It’s tedious.

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 04:08 PM
Exactly. It’s a passion for the club. I am critical of Hibs but would always defend us when speaking to fans of other clubs etc

Correct.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2020, 04:13 PM

Even the cup defeat to Hearts didn't rile me

It certainly riled me.

Andy74
31-12-2020, 04:14 PM
People are raging about posters attacking the club, saying this site is going down the pan and loads of other crap. Just an excuse to rip posters and try to act more important as they’ve been here longer. It’s tedious.

I don’t see any ‘rage’. Certainly not compared to the approach taken by a number of aggressively negative posters.

I think the majority of people find constant negativity and criticism tedious, especially when we are doing well.

Most of the comment isn’t really about people who are concerned about particular performances or results as that’s natural but there are definitely a number of posters now that are purely here to push a particularly extreme narrative at all times.

There’s an attention seeking type of playing a character that you didn’t used to get here that much. Folk generally used to get bored of doing it themselves after a little while but now it is quite relentless from some over a prolonged period.

Pretty Boy
31-12-2020, 04:14 PM
When it comes down to it football is a pretty stupid game. We are going to stick 22 guys on a piece of grass, give them a leather sphere and they have to try and kick it into a net but there's all kinds of intricate rules to make that far harder than it sounds. Eh right....

What makes it fun is the passion, emotion and the sense of the game being more than the sum of it's parts. A huge part of that is the fact that fans are in a position of being able to criticise highly skilled individuals who have undergone extensive training to get where they are. Not only criticise them but point out how much better at their job we would be. You wouldn't do that with a doctor, you might seek a 2nd opinion from an equally qualified individual but your unlikely to try and tell a surgeon how to perform a bypass.

Always has been the way and always will be. Some people are quite philosophical about it, others lose their minds, some people are optimists, others are pessimists, some people are reactionary, other people pick a position and stick to it no matter what they witness.

Football isn't logical. No one thinking logically travels 100 miles and pays £25 on a freezing Wednesday night to watch their team lose and then repeats the process the following week expecting a similar outcome but hoping for different.

I like reading some of the more measured posts on here but I also quite enjoy when someone just completely loses the plot. I can't be bothered with incessant draining negativity but I struggle with people who feed off that as well. I see people stating that people disappear when we play well or have a good result and that's true, I see plenty of the people who complain about that also disappearing when things are going well too though.

flash
31-12-2020, 05:00 PM
Sound mate. Have a good NY

Likewise.

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2020, 05:13 PM

Your old man is Andy? :wink:

The 90+2
31-12-2020, 05:19 PM
I don’t see any ‘rage’. Certainly not compared to the approach taken by a number of aggressively negative posters.

I think the majority of people find constant negativity and criticism tedious, especially when we are doing well.

Most of the comment isn’t really about people who are concerned about particular performances or results as that’s natural but there are definitely a number of posters now that are purely here to push a particularly extreme narrative at all times.

There’s an attention seeking type of playing a character that you didn’t used to get here that much. Folk generally used to get bored of doing it themselves after a little while but now it is quite relentless from some over a prolonged period.

:aok: Nae bother mate. Have a good one.

h1bs4life
31-12-2020, 06:02 PM

Agree with this 100 % I can be critical of Hibs to fellow supporters whether on a message board , at the match or in the pub but fans of other clubs can't do it.
People I work with include fans of both erse cheeks , Hertz , Falkirk , Dundee Utd etc got an answer to shut them up especially the sticky buns.

Onion
31-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Sadly, unless Hibs morph into a meg-rich club these kind of crap results will continue. At the mo, there are few of the current squad (Porto, Nesbit and maybe Boyle) who'll progress beyond Hibs. Vast majority have reached the pinnacle of their careers and none are natural leaders. They can afford to down tools whenever they want without serious impact on their future careers. The likes of Cummings, Henderson, McGinn, Gray, Stiokes, MacGregor are long gone, replaced with Mallan, Hallberg, Newall, Wright, Doig. With next to no natural leaders or characters in the side, it's left to Jack Ross to instil drive and motivation. Last night, he failed miserably to do that.

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2020, 07:31 PM
Your old man is Andy? :wink:

I'm just finding out now! 😲

blackpoolhibs
31-12-2020, 09:26 PM
I'm just finding out now! 😲

He canny be, I know your dad 😁

HUTCHYHIBBY
31-12-2020, 09:48 PM
He canny be, I know your dad 😁

True! 🍺

Hibernia&Alba
02-01-2021, 03:43 PM

Even the cup defeat to Hearts didn't rile me; I was half expecting it. I think the last time I got really angry was the 6-1 at Ibrox.

I'm now on the cusp of a tirade, I must admit.:confused:

ancient hibee
02-01-2021, 04:02 PM
Too soft and not fit. Second to every ball.Lost practically every tackle even when it was two on one.Lack of leadership .

Hiber-nation
02-01-2021, 04:05 PM
Too soft and not fit. Second to every ball.Lost practically every tackle even when it was two on one.Lack of leadership .

We know about the lack of leadership but how can they not be fit and supposed lesser teams are? Doesn't make sense and the manager has to answer that.

Crab apple
02-01-2021, 04:09 PM

Yip. In a nutshell.

Alfred E Newman
02-01-2021, 04:13 PM
We know about the lack of leadership but how can they not be fit and supposed lesser teams are? Doesn't make sense and the manager has to answer that.

It really annoyed me when the commentary team went on about us being tired and leggy. If that's the case there is something seriously wrong behind the scenes.

easty
02-01-2021, 04:18 PM
I don’t think the players are unfit. They weren’t giving 100% effort though, no idea why they’re lacking motivation, but it’s not good enough and you have to point the finger at Jack Ross.

truehibernian
02-01-2021, 04:21 PM
I don’t think the players are unfit. They weren’t giving 100% effort though, no idea why they’re lacking motivation, but it’s not good enough and you have to point the finger at Jack Ross.

Livingston and Ross County were fitter all over the park. Minute they lose the ball, they hunt for it back and get into a set shape. Watch when Gogic and Mallan continually lost the ball, watch their immediate movement (i.e none).........that is the difference, maybe as you say not fitness as such, but work rate and desire to win it back and make up for losing it in the first place.

snedzuk
02-01-2021, 04:26 PM
Livingston and Ross County were fitter all over the park. Minute they lose the ball, they hunt for it back and get into a set shape. Watch when Gogic and Mallan continually lost the ball, watch their immediate movement (i.e none).........that is the difference, maybe as you say not fitness as such, but work rate and desire to win it back and make up for losing it in the first place.

Thats not the Alex Gogic I watched in a Hamilton jersey and thought hed be a good choice for Hibs!

Keith_M
02-01-2021, 04:28 PM
Ross said he wasn't going to be too harsh on the players after the County game, given how well they played at Ibrox.

At the time, I wasn't happy about that as it was as good as saying that a home defeat to a team at the bottom of the league was acceptable.

I think today's game proves that the Fire and Brimstone approach, a-la Fergie, would have been more appropriate.

easty
02-01-2021, 04:33 PM
Thats not the Alex Gogic I watched in a Hamilton jersey and thought hed be a good choice for Hibs!

It’s exactly the Gogic I thought we were getting. I didn’t think he was good enough before we signed him.

I was happy enough to eat my words earlier in the season, as he was actually doing pretty well, but he’s just not good enough.

He’s a pretty poor centre half playing in midfield.

truehibernian
02-01-2021, 04:38 PM

He had the truly awful Mallan in front of him who was content to cower away from taking the ball forward, more content with an easy sideways pass - which even then meant losing possession more often than not. Gogic is a sitter in front of the back four, no more, no less. That is what he is good at. You're then looking for the other midfielders to get forward more quickly, with precision and urgency. Newell and Mallan do not work at all.

Steve88
02-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Incredibly unprofessional response after Wednesdays performance...

Largshibby
02-01-2021, 04:55 PM

I've supported Hibs for long enough to know we're more than capable of losing to the likes of RC and Livi. Buts its the nature of the defeats. RC and Livi were well organised and professional and converted about half of their chances. Exactly what we should expect of hibs as a minimum. That 3rd goal today was as bad as I've ever seen. These are basically the same guys who have played well at times and achieved good results this season so for me a big part of the problem lies with Jack Ross and the backroom staff. I'm no tactician so 433, 442, 4411 is lost on me but these guys are well paid to know how to set up a team against what is very modest opposition and to motivate them to get acceptable results. The cup semi is a real worry for me now. Livi look like the favourites which says it all. Hibs are double the size of the other 3 semi finalists combined but it doesn't feel that way right now. Fingers crossed the short break helps to reinvigorate the team and things improve rapidly.

Hermit Crab
02-01-2021, 04:58 PM
We are so predictable in how we play. The side passing very similar to Fenlon’s days. Pass along midfield to be knocked back to hanlon or Porto to then launch it to Doidge. Teams press our midfield and they collapse . Newell hides and doesn’t drop to take ball of centre halves. We are fourth because standard of league is so poor . We had a lot of luck at start of season and it’s run out .

Cod Boy
02-01-2021, 05:08 PM
We are so predictable in how we play. The side passing very similar to Fenlon’s days. Pass along midfield to be knocked back to hanlon or Porto to then launch it to Doidge. Teams press our midfield and they collapse . Newell hides and doesn’t drop to take ball of centre halves. We are fourth because standard of league is so poor . We had a lot of luck at start of season and it’s run out .

👏👏

Del Boy
02-01-2021, 05:10 PM
Agree that we got a lot of luck in first 2 months and it seems to have ran out. Our summer signings bar Nisbet have been poor. Our reserve keeper is not good enough and Mallan is soft as ***** and a passenger in too many games.

Cod Boy
02-01-2021, 05:15 PM
Sticking on 2 laddies at 3.0 down when the game was gone poor imo.

Steve88
03-01-2021, 10:04 AM

Took me back to the midweek game vs Livingston under PH... you just new going into that game under PH we were going to get beat, the draw was a bonus!

We are so predictable at the moment with our side to side football and no central midfielders wanting to take ownership of the ball, Greg Docherty was the last player I seen do this..

Suburban Hibby
04-01-2021, 04:07 PM

Thought we were back talking about the Semi final

JimBHibees
05-01-2021, 11:19 AM
Sticking on 2 laddies at 3.0 down when the game was gone poor imo.

Personally would have given Bradley a run also. The game was gone there was nothing to lose by doing that and gave them some game time. As it was Doig was probably our only bright spark.

Keith_M
05-01-2021, 11:47 AM
I hope we show some signs of improvement, and maybe get a few new players in, before the sem-final because I'm not feeling very confident.

BSEJVT
05-01-2021, 11:58 AM

I don’t agree with a lot of what you post but the above is absolutely spot on

Andy74
05-01-2021, 12:15 PM
I don’t agree with a lot of what you post but the above is absolutely spot on

It’s not spot on. 2 games is not the sample size that reflects a point. The whole season so far is and that says we are 4th and on merit.

Newell does not hide. That’s nonsense and he is regularly taking the ball from the centre halves and trying to get forward with it.

Coco Bryce
05-01-2021, 12:24 PM

This sadly.

erin go bragh
05-01-2021, 12:36 PM
It’s not spot on. 2 games is not the sample size that reflects a point. The whole season so far is and that says we are 4th and on merit.

Newell does not hide. That’s nonsense and he is regularly taking the ball from the centre halves and trying to get forward with it.

Exactly, totally nonsense saying Newell hides . Was arguably the best midfielder on show at Greyskull on Boxing Day .
We’re a better side when counter attacking, hence why our away results are much better than our home results .
Also having the smaller squad , throw in some injuries and it looked like the players were running on empty against Livi .
Celtic going on their jolly’s to Dubai could turn out to be a godsend for us 🤞

Saint Hibee
05-01-2021, 12:39 PM

Yep. I got pelters on here a while back for comparing Ross’s team to Fenlon’s, but it’s this constant sideways or backwards passing I had in mind.

Hermit Crab
05-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Personally would have given Bradley a run also. The game was gone there was nothing to lose by doing that and gave them some game time. As it was Doig was probably our only bright spark.

Except more goals.