PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Celtic Scottish Cup 1986

h1bs4life
29-12-2020, 10:26 PM
1st time I have seen this on youtube. Hibs v Celtic 1986.
https://youtu.be/uqvQTxKp5Ag
Was at the game good old fashioned cup tie with a pitch invasion at the end.
Crowd squeezed in to Easter Road apart from the seated enclosure , happy memories

BILLYHIBS
29-12-2020, 10:28 PM
Crowd squeezed in to Easter Road apart from the seated enclosure , happy memories

It’s Celtic they don’t like it up em :greengrin

gbhibby
29-12-2020, 10:43 PM
Hibs released a video of the game this is probably where the YouTube footage comes from. Bought the video at the time. Fantastic atmosphere that day amazing limbs when we scored the fourth.

cammy1969
29-12-2020, 10:46 PM
Knocked them out both cups and the huns in league cup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h1bs4life
29-12-2020, 10:49 PM
It’s Celtic they don’t like it up em :greengrin

Your right Billy was watching Hibs v Celtic 1978 on YouTube when we beat them 4-1.
On the way out at the bottom of the stairs from the East pissed up Celtic fan took offence to 3 school kid Hibs fans singing and attempted to hit us with a bottle luckily one of his group got a hold of him.
How dare Hibs beat them.

erin go bragh
29-12-2020, 10:52 PM
Knocked them out of both cups that season at ER . 86 was some year 😁

Kato
29-12-2020, 11:01 PM
The white hankies at around 12.12 are for my pal who broke his ankle celebrating the winner.

basehibby
30-12-2020, 01:19 AM
Great watch there even if it looks like you rescued it from under the sea lols. Atmosphere amazing - it's almost impossible to recreate that kind of electricity in a modern stadium sadly - the price we pay for comfort (and a great view).

greiggy
30-12-2020, 06:57 AM
Wasn’t that the season we beat them on pens after a 4-4 draw in the League Cup and beat them in a friendly 6-3 with Benny getting a hat trick? Amazing stuff that season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glory Lurker
30-12-2020, 07:00 AM
Wasn’t that the season we beat them on pens after a 4-4 draw in the League Cup and beat them in a friendly 6-3 with Benny getting a hat trick? Amazing stuff that season.

6-3 was the season before but we had some great fun with the OF over about 18 months from start of 85.

wookie70
30-12-2020, 09:08 AM
I haven't thought about what a dirty B Roy Aitken was in many years. He would be sent off every week these days and probably should have been back then too.

Greenbeard
30-12-2020, 09:55 AM
I haven't thought about what a dirty B Roy Aitken was in many years. He would be sent off every week these days and probably should have been back then too.
Aye, straight red these days for that second half challenge when he knocks the ball too far forward. Then has the brass neck to complain to the ref of a high foot in the lead up to our penalty. Ref thinks to himself "oh, I've upset Celtic with this penalty award. I'd better even things up later by giving them a penalty too."

Glory Lurker
30-12-2020, 10:14 AM
There’s a guy in the cowshed in the second half with his messages. That’s something you don’t see anymore!

erin go bragh
30-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Benny Brazil just had to score his pen and we were through. 🤨Thank Christ that Pierce O’Leary sent his into orbit .
I’ll bet that no many teams have knocked Celtic out of both cups in the same season .

Scottie
30-12-2020, 11:26 AM
There’s a guy in the cowshed in the second half with his messages. That’s something you don’t see anymore!
:faf: Probably ma auld man. Always used to bring the message bag every game wi the flask and the pies in it.

Killiehibbie
30-12-2020, 11:50 AM
Loved it when John Collins left him in a heap a season or 2 later.

pollution
30-12-2020, 11:52 AM
I was at that game but don't remember it being so noisy.

It still annoys me how unpopular the cow shed was, and how the old firm always made the Hibs end look half empty !

Well, sometimes.

linlithgowhibbie
30-12-2020, 11:56 AM
Great to see footie when players actually tackled an opponent when they had the ball instead of shepherding them so they can play it sideways. Some absolute belters of tackles and no histrionics from the recipient of the tackle either. The "stramash" in Hibs goalmouth that left 6 or 7 players entangled on the ground!!!!! Brilliant stuff.:thumbsup:

Hibernia&Alba
30-12-2020, 11:56 AM

:hilarious

The frozen food all melted when he got home, and a bollocking from the wife.

And let's pay our respects to the hot pants that were eighties fitba shorts.

h1bs4life
30-12-2020, 02:33 PM
Some great old videos of Hibs past games on youtube.
Good memories watching Hibs in the 70's .
Starting watching as a bairn front row of the high bit on the East then on to the main part of the East as you got older then away games .
Some scary places to visit back then, if you think Ibrox is bad now was a lot scarier back then .
Found the footage of Huns v Hibs Scottish Cup March 1981.
Ibrox was getting done up so there was no segregation , travelled through on supporters bus with no colours on and ended up in the enclosure beside the Huns.
Jackie Mac scored mate and me started jumping about forgetting where we where you could see other Hibs fans in there moving away.
Thankfully we lived to tell the tail, 1st time felt safe there was League Cup semi when we got beat 1-0 but went through after winning the 1st leg .
We filled the full away stand strangely there were no hoards of Huns looking for Hibs fans and the few there were got a few slaps.

scoopyboy
30-12-2020, 03:11 PM
Hibs released a video of the game this is probably where the YouTube footage comes from. Bought the video at the time. Fantastic atmosphere that day amazing limbs when we scored the fourth.

I bought the video as well but bought it from the Celtic View, I can't recall Hibs releasing it.

Iggy Pope
30-12-2020, 04:53 PM
I bought the video as well but bought it from the Celtic View, I can't recall Hibs releasing it.

Don’t know if it was Hibs that released it. It was available to buy in pubs IIRC and came out very quickly. I’m sure I watched it in Marinellos on Leith Walk the week after.

pollution
30-12-2020, 05:11 PM
Your right Billy was watching Hibs v Celtic 1978 on YouTube when we beat them 4-1.
On the way out at the bottom of the stairs from the East pissed up Celtic fan took offence to 3 school kid Hibs fans singing and attempted to hit us with a bottle luckily one of his group got a hold of him.
How dare Hibs beat them.

I have tried looking for this, do you have a link ?