PDA

View Full Version : Are Hibs admitting hospitality season ticket holders during Coronavirus?

Pages : [1] 2

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 06:37 PM
Following on from the news George Galloway attended a QOS game yesterday (as a club sponsor) speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders/sponsors/guests too.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I really hope this isn't the case or I think I'll find myself in a very large group of disgruntled season ticket holders.

Since90+2
27-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Following on from the news George Galloway attended a QOS game yesterday (as a club sponsor) speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders too.

I really hope this isn't the case or I think I'll find myself in a very large group of disgruntled season ticket holders.

Where are you getting this from?

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 06:39 PM
Where are you getting this from?

Some posters have mentioned this upon the Coronavirus thread on the Holy Ground.

Irish_Steve
27-12-2020, 06:45 PM
Taken from the Hibs site:

We are unfortunately currently unable to take bookings for our match day hospitality due to Covid-19 restrictions on supporter access to games. However, we are welcoming reservations from guests who would like to be contacted as soon as we are in a position to welcome you all again.

Since90+2
27-12-2020, 06:49 PM
I don't think general hospitality would be open.

Is it possible they've maybe had 1 or 2 people along who are major sponsors of the club? If allowed by the government I'd actually have no issue with it. We are going to need to retain any sponsors/high paying hospitality clients as we can get as the financial implications of covid continue.

I'm a season ticket holder but wouldn't expect the same access as someone who pays £50,000 a season for example. Appreciate others may feel differently.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2020, 06:50 PM
Following on from the news George Galloway attended a QOS game yesterday (as a club sponsor) speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders too.

If he attended a game yesterday then the law has been broken as Dumfries moved out of Level 1, when he could attend as supporters in limited numbers are allowed, into Level 4.

QoS could be in big trouble with the SPFL not to mention Plod but then that would be his objective.

Heisenberg
27-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Hospitality season ticket holders were allowed into the Edinburgh suite to watch away games when it was permitted in the rules. None of them have been in to watch home games as far as I know.

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2020, 06:51 PM

Just ask the club directly, you will then get the true facts.

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 06:55 PM
I don't think general hospitality would be open.

Is it possible they've maybe had 1 or 2 people along who are major sponsors of the club? If allowed by the government I'd actually have no issue with it. We are going to need to retain any sponsors/high paying hospitality clients as we can get as the financial implications of covid continue.

I'm a season ticket holder but wouldn't expect the same access as someone who pays £50,000 a season for example. Appreciate others may feel differently.

It won't sit well with me if there is any truth in a select few being afforded special privilege, especially with the 'we are all Hibs' mantra that is currently espoused by the club.

The financial contribution element shouldn't be a factor in this, either the rules apply to all or none at all.

It would surely be in breach of Coronavirus regulations too?

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 06:58 PM

I've emailed them seeking clarification.

I know that KP, and others upon here, have a greater inside knowledge than I - so thought the question should be posed here too.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Hamilton had people in hospitality yesterday. I know two Celtic fans that went.

PaulSmith
27-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Hamilton had people in hospitality yesterday. I know two Celtic fans that went.

And they also let in a couple of Hibs fans recently, not strictly hospitality but as a guest which is within the protocols.

DaveF
27-12-2020, 07:09 PM
And they also let in a couple of Hibs fans recently, not strictly hospitality but as a guest which is within the protocols.

Can you dig out the rules / guidance on these allowed guests please? Be good to understand it so I can be even more pissed off if some are seeing live games 🙂

bingo70
27-12-2020, 07:15 PM
If someone is ploughing significant sums of money into the club I’d hope they’d show a bit common sense and allow someone like that to descreetly come into the stadium and perhaps ‘do some work’ while the game is going ahead.

Not practical for the club to do that for Joe public but when the club is likely to be struggling for money it makes complete sense for the club to charm potential investors with small incentives like that.

I’m sure that’s going on and I personally think it would be naive to think it’s not.

Skol
27-12-2020, 07:16 PM

I know that KP, and others upon here, have a greater inside knowledge than I - so thought the question should be posed here too.

Without wishing to open another can of worms do the fans reps get in ?

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 07:17 PM

I didn't know that, just the guys that went yesterday. :aok:

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 07:17 PM
Without wishing to open another can of worms do the fans reps get in ?

I wouldn't have any issue if he did. :agree:

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2020, 07:18 PM

A guest in not within protocols I believe, it is meant to be those that are essential to the game taking place.

PaulSmith
27-12-2020, 07:20 PM
I wouldn't have any issue if he did. :agree:

As a director of the club he does, and should have, the privilege of attending games.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 07:20 PM

Sound advice.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2020, 07:21 PM
If someone is ploughing significant sums of money into the club I’d hope they’d show a bit common sense and allow someone like that to descreetly come into the stadium and perhaps ‘do some work’ while the game is going ahead.

Not practical for the club to do that for Joe public but when the club is likely to be struggling for money it makes complete sense for the club to charm potential investors with small incentives like that.

I’m sure that’s going on and I personally think it would be naive to think it’s not.

Not so sure I agree with your view, it shouldn't be about money.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 07:23 PM
As a director of the club he does, and should have, the privilege of attending games.

That's good stuff and well deserved imo.

tamig
27-12-2020, 07:24 PM
A guest in not within protocols I believe, it is meant to be those that are essential to the game taking place.

What about press? Do they fit into that description? You could say they’re not essential to the game taking place. But they’re there.

PaulSmith
27-12-2020, 07:25 PM

I don’t have an issue with one or two getting into games. I’m loathed to comment any further as I can see exactly where it’s going and think on this occasion we need to trust implicitly the judgment of the club who have done everything (and more) advised of them to ensure that there’s been zero instances of c19 within the club.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 07:25 PM

I wouldn't imagine Hamilton are doing it illegally slyly. There must be some sort of loophole as the boys I know who went yesterday have zero to do with Celtic officially but got in via official briefs.

bingo70
27-12-2020, 07:28 PM

Of course it doesn’t but that’s the real world unfortunately.

Hypothetically speaking, say Hibs were trying to build a relationship with a James Anderson type figure that we were hoping would pump millions into the club, if he asked if he could get into Easter Road in say one if the suites in the famous 5 stand, do you think Hibs would say no? Would you want them to?

I’d go in and warm up his seat for him if he was considering investing.

DH1875
27-12-2020, 07:30 PM
I wouldn't imagine Hamilton are doing it illegally slyly. There must be some sort of loophole as the boys I know who went yesterday have zero to do with Celtic officially but got in via official briefs.

Thought the crowd looked a bit on the large side when watching it on telly. Watched the St Mirren v rangers cup game and was also surprised at amount of folk sitting in the stands.

18Craig75
27-12-2020, 07:31 PM
I thought clubs got a set number of briefs for directors, injured players, media etc etc. Not sure if they’d be able to hand them out to ‘civilians’ if they wished.

As others have said; if it was a case of a potential sponsor being treated I have no problems with that.

Similarly with The Capital Club season ticket holders getting in to watch away games, they pay more so should be entitled to that extra perk when restrictions allow.

Robbo6-2
27-12-2020, 07:34 PM
This has been the main problem with covid, its turned us in to a tell tale society.

I am not Nicola sturgeon biggest fan but the photograph of her last week not wearing a mask was a bigger issue the fact someone taking a photograph of it than the actual non mask wearing.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 07:35 PM

Tricky ground S. Unprecedented times and all that. Privilege will come forward what else will they do? You know it, I know it.

It’s not time for this discussion though, there should be a minimum presence. We are fortunate to have any football at all when people are becoming impoverished. But I cannot believe there are fans present at games this long weekend like Liverpool, Leeds, Harrogate, York etc. If they’re letting punters in there then I’m sure the suits are having a ball. Yet Tier 4 comes with certainty.

Scouse Hibee
27-12-2020, 07:35 PM

Okay that’s fair enough, there are often folk on here that post stuff that gives you the pretence that they are in the know when in reality it’s just snippets they have picked up. Far better to get the real version through the club which I’m sure you will.

Cod Boy
27-12-2020, 07:36 PM
I do know a scout and there are allowed 6 in at every ground

Juniper Greens
27-12-2020, 07:37 PM
I'd have no issues with potential investors getting treated to a "hospitality type offering".

I think it's unrealistic for fans who think that us average Joe's paying £500 should get the same treatment as those paying £50,000

matty_f
27-12-2020, 07:38 PM
I don’t have any issue with it. You can’t get 11,000 of us in but if some people can get inside the building on a match day in a safe way to get some of what they’ve paid for, it doesn’t impact me in the slightest and so I’m not bothered at all.

I know as a season ticket holder, i wouldn’t expect access to the hospitality area on a match day so wouldn’t expect it now. Different off of paid for that and other who had paid the same we’re getting it and not me, but that’s not the case here.

Surely we’re not begrudging a few people maybe being able to see the game?

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 07:47 PM
Whilst I await a definitive answer I'm loathe to become involved in an argument about this, but I'm perturbed that so many on here believe your level of financial investment can make you exempt from the current Coronavirus regulations.

This mindset is part of the reason we're in the state we are (Covid) and a microcosm of the UK in general right now.

Robbo6-2
27-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Whilst I await a definitive answer I'm loathe to become involved in an argument about this, but I'm perturbed that so many on here believe your level of financial investment can make you exempt from the current Coronavirus regulations.

This mindset is part of the reason we're in the state we are (Covid) and a microcosm of the UK in general right now.

Seriously have a look at yoursel with a post like that

matty_f
27-12-2020, 07:51 PM

What if they’re not breaking rules?

Also, given the lengths that Hibs have gone to in order to comply with COVID regulations, do you think they’d knowingly break the rules, knowing that to do so could result in serious illness (or, worst case, death) to their staff, and also the risk of a points penalty?

I don’t.

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 07:52 PM
Seriously have a look at yoursel with a post like that

Might I ask why?

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2020, 07:55 PM
The episode at Palmerston yesterday allowing George Galloway entry, has really all kicked off on twitter

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 07:57 PM
This thread is laughable. How pathetically self important can you get?

From what I can see Hibs have been doing their absolute best to comply with the protocoles in place at any given time.

What sort of "fan" starts a thread like this based on 1 or 2 other posts (which have since been clarified) causing bad feeling and potentially bringing unwelcome bad publicity to the club?

What does it change for the OP in any case?

Well done clown!

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 07:58 PM
The episode at Palmerston yesterday allowing George Galloway entry, has really all kicked off on twitter

George Galloway has form for this obviously as he is clearly a **** stirring twat of a man. We are better out of that one.

Lendo
27-12-2020, 07:59 PM

Also, given the lengths that Hibs have gone to in order to comply with COVID regulations, do you think they’d knowingly break the rules, knowing that to do so could result in serious illness (or, worst case, death) to their staff, and also the risk of a points penalty?

I don’t.

Exactly this, if Hibs have granted anyone access it will have all been in done in line with the rules. This thread is absolute nonsense and folk getting worked up over nothing.

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 08:00 PM

I don’t.

I would hope not, but I would like clarification about the 'guests' issue and whether these people should be attending in the present circumstances.

I don't think that's unreasonable given I and 11,000 others are currently prevented from doing so.

Pretty Boy
There's always been different perks or arrangements for different groups of fans. We've all seen the arguments about them before.

If some hospitality ST holders can be admitted within the rules then it's not impacting me so I really couldn't care less. If it was fans who were just 'average Joes' like me getting in with no reasonable explanation as to why it was some and not others then I'd be more irked.

Baldy Foghorn
George Galloway has form for this obviously as he is clearly a **** stirring twat of a man. We are better out of that one.

Poor form from him and Queens:cb

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 08:02 PM

From what I can see Hibs have been doing their absolute best to comply with the protocoles in place at any given time.

What sort of "fan" starts a thread like this based on 1 or 2 other posts (which have since been clarified) causing bad feeling and potentially bringing unwelcome bad publicity to the club?

Well done clown!

No need. Name calling undermines anything you wrote in the lines before.

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 08:03 PM
No need. Name calling undermines anything you wrote in the lines before.Sorry, but crap like that really angers me.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2020, 08:04 PM

Well done clown!

Poster was asking a reasonable question as he saw it. Any need for your tone to him?

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 08:05 PM

And they were playing Dundee........not unconnected to the ****.

Radium
I don’t have any issue with it. You can’t get 11,000 of us in but if some people can get inside the building on a match day in a safe way to get some of what they’ve paid for, it doesn’t impact me in the slightest and so I’m not bothered at all.

I know as a season ticket holder, i wouldn’t expect access to the hospitality area on a match day so wouldn’t expect it now. Different off of paid for that and other who had paid the same we’re getting it and not me, but that’s not the case here.

Surely we’re not begrudging a few people maybe being able to see the game?

If you were to tell me that Hibs had put somebody who is facing horrific personal circumstances on the media team for the day looking after an extension lead in the main stand I would applaud the club for the moral compass and ingenuity. It shouldn’t happen but I could support the club.

If the club are courting sponsors at games I would like to see the guidance that allows it to happen. Football isn’t allowed fans at the moment and any trickery to get round that shouldn’t be based on the size of your bag of silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peevemor
Poster was asking a reasonable question as he saw it. Any need for your tone to him?The reasons for my annoyance are in my post.

matty_f
27-12-2020, 08:07 PM
I would hope not, but I would like clarification about the 'guests' issue and whether these people should be attending in the present circumstances.

I don't think that's unreasonable given I and 11,000 others are currently prevented from doing so.

But you know why you’re prevented from doing so, as do i as one o of those 11,000, so what difference does it make?

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 08:07 PM

Well done clown!

Cut the personal insults please, and don't question my standing as a 'fan' either - I can assure you I've more than served my time on that front.

It's my personal opinion that certain people shouldn't be getting preferable treatment when it comes to attending Hibs games, especially when so many have forked out so much for what increasingly looks like nothing.

I'm hoping that isn't the case.

You obviously don't agree, which is fine, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2020, 08:08 PM
The reasons for my annoyance are in my post.

But while your points are valid, no need to call names

DH1875

Queens have apologised. Wasn't even on his own, had the family with him.

Iggy Pope
Sorry, but crap like that really angers me.

Clearly. Best not to get angry on a ‘forum’ though or you’ll get in an awfy tangle with other angry folks. Maybe the sort you probably wouldn’t call names in real life?

Baldy Foghorn
27-12-2020, 08:10 PM

Saw that DH, feel that will only fan the flames for Queen's ST Holders

cabbageandribs1875
27-12-2020, 08:11 PM
shame on QoS letting that little PoS Galloway in

hope they go down now :agree:

:)

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 08:11 PM
If you were to tell me that Hibs had put somebody who is facing horrific personal circumstances on the media team for the day looking after an extension lead in the main stand I would applaud the club for the moral compass and ingenuity. It shouldn’t happen but I could support the club.

If the club are courting sponsors at games I would like to see the guidance that allows it to happen. Football isn’t allowed fans at the moment and any trickery to get round that shouldn’t be based on the size of your bag of silver.

Exactly where I am on this matter.

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Clearly. Best not to get angry on a ‘forum’ though or you’ll get in an awfy tangle with other angry folks. Maybe the sort you probably wouldn’t call names in real life?I'm not a keyboard hardman.

If the OP has good reason to suspect they the club is up to no good (which he hasn't IMO), why not wait for a response from the club instead of starting a thread on here for all to see?

I called it as I saw it.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 08:16 PM
What's that **** Galloway got to do with any of they clubs anyway?:confused:

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2020, 08:18 PM
If he attended a game yesterday then the law has been broken as Dumfries moved out of Level 1, when he could attend as supporters in limited numbers are allowed, into Level 4.

QoS could be in big trouble with the SPFL not to mention Plod but then that would be his objective.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/18972026.george-galloway-attends-queen-south-football-match-despite-covid-rules/

Seems the shahoy is now hitting the Dumfries fan.

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 08:20 PM
And I don't know why the Admin team don't delete the thread.

We are discouraged from speculating on the health of one of our players, but on a supposed fans' forum, we can invite people to post rumours about the club being in serious breach of health regulations?

Strikes me as weird.

When's the thread about this thread going to appear on JKB?

When might we see a story in the Daily Record?

Well done OP! You're obviously not a clown at all, you're just doing what any good Hibee would do, even though it makes no difference to you whatsoever.

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 08:22 PM
I'm not a keyboard hardman.

If the OP has good reason to suspect they the club is up to no good (which he hasn't IMO), why not wait for a response from the club instead of starting a thread on here for all to see?

I called it as I saw it.

Perhaps I thought a supporters forum, where fellow fans discuss matters related to Hibs, football and current affairs was a reasonable place for it.

Going back to your earlier post, your accusation of my own self-importance couldn't be any further from the truth. My frustration is rooted in us all being unable to attend ER.

It doesn't have to affect me personally either for it to be wrong.

18Craig75
27-12-2020, 08:23 PM
Cut the personal insults please, and don't question my standing as a 'fan' either - I can assure you I've more than served my time on that front.

It's my personal opinion that certain people shouldn't be getting preferable treatment when it comes to attending Hibs games, especially when so many have forked out so much for what increasingly looks like nothing.

I'm hoping that isn't the case.

You obviously don't agree, which is fine, but don't expect everyone to agree with you.

Supporting your club during the most difficult period of its history is hardly “nothing”. We all knew our season ticket purchases were basically a donation.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 08:24 PM

We are discouraged from speculating on the health of one of our players, but on a supposed fans' forum, we can invite people to post rumours about the club being in serious breach of health regulations?

Strikes me as weird.

Well done OP! You're obviously not a clown at all, you're just doing what any good Hibee would do, even though it makes no difference to you whatsoever.

You're literally the only person getting worked up at some speculation :confused:

ronaldo7
27-12-2020, 08:25 PM

5 season ticket holders dontcha know. :wink:

Peevemor
You're literally the only person getting worked up at some speculation :confused:I can't help that.

Chorley Hibee

Strikes me as weird.

Once again I'll kindly ask you to cut the personal insults.

I look forward to your apology.

Juniper Greens
27-12-2020, 08:27 PM
This thread is ridiculous.

A thread on "QotS should be in trouble for letting in man who likes to dress as cat" would be more appropriate.

During tier 4, no one should attend. I think at lower tiers, some guests of directors can attend. I'd have no issues if this was potential investors or bittering up hospitality season ticket holders to feel that they are getting something for their large financial commitment.

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Once again I'll kindly ask you to cut the personal insults.

I look forward to your apology.No personal insult there, I'm just pointing out the potential repercussions of your OP.

If you're happy with yourself then that's up to you.

blackpoolhibs
27-12-2020, 08:34 PM
Has there been any reports that the club are letting folk in against the rules, if not what is the problem?:confused:

ronaldo7
27-12-2020, 08:40 PM
The rules, if anyones interested. :greengrin

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

Page 5 just about covers it. Updated on 23rd December.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 08:42 PM

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/7440/scottish-fa-return-to-matches-protocol_spfl-championship_league-12.pdf

Page 5 just about covers it.

2 nights after xmas with a full day of football and beers, can yi no just copy and paste the decent **** :greengrin

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 08:42 PM
No personal insult there, I'm just pointing out the potential repercussions of your OP.

If you're happy with yourself then that's up to you.

You quite clearly followed up your earlier insult (no apology offered) with a further insinuation that I was a "clown".

I'll happily have a discussion with you, but your inability to conduct a conversation without insults/veiled insults says more about you than it does me.

Smartie
27-12-2020, 08:43 PM

Strikes me as weird.

George Galloway has created an almighty stooshie by admitting he was allowed to attend a game when many of us thought it wasn’t possible to.

Is it really all that unreasonable for us to debate whether or not our club might have been allowing folk to do similar, and if so what our thoughts are on it?

On some levels I wouldn’t mind. Every game you watch on tv you see a smattering of individuals around the ground. I’ve never really given it much thought but there must be some justification for them being there.

The bigger picture is the one re coronavirus rules, compliance, and who has to comply and who gets to do what they want. It would be interesting to know if any rules were broken in allowing Galloway to attend the match. If not, wtf are the rules that allow tens of thousands of season ticket holders to be locked out but for a chosen few to be allowed in?

Well worthy of discussion imo.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 08:43 PM
Has there been any reports that the club are letting folk in against the rules, if not what is the problem?:confused:

Dinnae ken :greengrin

ronaldo7
27-12-2020, 08:44 PM
2 nights after xmas with a full day of football and beers, can yi no just copy and paste the decent **** :greengrin

Nae guests. :wink:

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 08:48 PM
Nae guests. :wink:

:greengrin Nae bother. I'll have a deek the morn.

Radium
27-12-2020, 08:54 PM

Page 5 just about covers it. Updated on 23rd December.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/095cf1fb9fbb6a8061bb168599002066.png

Andy74
27-12-2020, 09:03 PM
This is currently a Queen of the South issue.

Unless there’s some evidence Hibs have done something wrong it is a pretty irresponsible thread.

trainspotter
27-12-2020, 09:14 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201227/095cf1fb9fbb6a8061bb168599002066.png

Which category does Pat Stanton fit into?

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 09:17 PM

Legend. :agree:

Radium
27-12-2020, 09:17 PM

As a Club Ambassador I would have thought Senior Club Staff. Might have changed though.

My dad’s know doubt spinning in his grave that I I didn’t just say a special one all of his own

Andy74
27-12-2020, 09:22 PM

He’s a full time club ambassador. We have up to 20 Directors and senior club staff allocated so would imagine it is that.

Overall think this is unwise, particularly bringing individuals into it without knowing the details.

The ‘speculation’ about Hibs appears to be one post on the Holy Ground thread where it looks like someone got the wrong end of the stick about away game streams.

trainspotter
27-12-2020, 09:22 PM
Legend. :agree:

Agree with that, but as a club ambassador you’d only really expect him to be required if ambassadorial duties required to be undertaken - which isn’t likely at the moment, unless we’re letting fans in or there is some form of mixing with the opposition involved. Neither of which I believe is going on.

Plus at 76, I’d feel more comfortable if a living legend of his ilk was watching games at home until a vaccine is delivered.

trainspotter
27-12-2020, 09:24 PM
He’s a full time club ambassador. We have up to 20 Directors and senior club staff allocated so would imagine it is that.

Overall think this is unwise, particularly bringing individuals into it without knowing the details.

The ‘speculation’ about Hibs appears to be one post on the Holy Ground thread where it looks like someone got the wrong end of the stick about away game streams.

I only ask because I’ve seen him sitting in the stands on Hibs TV a couple of times and wondered on what basis.

I’ve driven past the ground in the hour or so before games a few times this season and seen a few folk with scarves on etc milling around. Seems a bit odd.

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 09:25 PM

The ‘speculation’ about Hibs appears to be one post on the Holy Ground thread where it looks like someone got the wrong end of the stick about away game streams.Yeah, but if the thread results in Pat Stanton being unable to attend matches then it's served it's purpose.

Excellent!

Have I got that right? [emoji848]

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Yeah, but if the thread results in Pat Stanton being unable to attend matches then it's served it's purpose.

Excellent!

Have I got that right? [emoji848]

Point me in the direction of where I stated club employees/officials shouldn't be attending?

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 09:32 PM
Point me in the direction of where I stated club employees/officials shouldn't be attending?It's you that chucked the grenade.

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 09:39 PM
It's you that chucked the grenade.

So as Pat Stanton is a club employee he has every right to be there - a point I've never questioned either.

Why would my post be aimed at stopping a club employee attending?

I asked if 'guests' were being admitted based upon their financial contribution? The rules in place show this shouldn't be allowed.

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 09:44 PM
So as Pat Stanton is a club employee he has every right to be there, a point I've never questioned either.

I asked if 'guests' were being admitted based upon their financial contribution. The rules in place show this shouldn't be allowed.No, you didn't ask. You said that "speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders/sponsors/guests too."

You then asked if anyone had heard anything.

This then led to another poster questioning whether Pat Stanton should be in the stadium.

This thread was always going to stir up a hornets' nest.

You can't cherry pick the consequences that you're willing to accept responsibility for.

hibbyfraelibby
27-12-2020, 09:47 PM
I only ask because I’ve seen him sitting in the stands on Hibs TV a couple of times and wondered on what basis.

I’ve driven past the ground in the hour or so before games a few times this season and seen a few folk with scarves on etc milling around. Seems a bit odd.
I wear a scarf when its cold. your point is?

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 09:56 PM
No, you didn't ask. You said that "speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders/sponsors/guests too."

This then led to another poster questioning whether Pat Stanton should be in the stadium.

You can't cherry pick the consequences that you're willing to accept responsibility for.

You're genuinely trying to hold me responsible for everything posted upon this thread, simply because you don't agree with the premise of the original post?

As I said, I'll debate a difference of views with you, respectfully, all night long - I enjoy it.

I don't however enjoy your aggressive tone, insults, unwillingness to offer an apology, and attempts to silence anyone who disagrees with you.

Andy74
27-12-2020, 09:58 PM
You're genuinely trying to hold me responsible for everything posted upon this thread, simply because you don't agree with the premise of the original post?

As I said, I'll debate a difference of views with you, respectfully, all night long - I enjoy it.

I don't however enjoy your aggressive tone, insults, unwillingness to offer an apology, and attempts to silence anyone who disagrees with you.

Yes, you begun a thread based on nothing at all. What type of discussion did you think would follow?

Peevemor
27-12-2020, 09:59 PM
You're genuinely trying to hold me responsible for everything posted upon this thread...?

Yes 100%

No OP, no responses.

trainspotter
27-12-2020, 09:59 PM
I wear a scarf when its cold. your point is?

You’re a sensible boy/girl then.

Chorley Hibee
27-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Yes, you begun a thread based on nothing at all. What type of discussion did you think would follow?

I started a thread based upon a current news story, and talk amongst some (who mention it on this very thread) that 'guests' have been admitted to ER this season.

This forum is going to become a very lonely place if you can't start a thread without being held responsible for every comment placed upon it.

HibeeHibernian4
27-12-2020, 11:14 PM
Exactly this, if Hibs have granted anyone access it will have all been in done in line with the rules. This thread is absolute nonsense and folk getting worked up over nothing.

I would wager that most clubs in Britain have at some stage or another flouted the rules on entry regarding COVID. Because it's one rule for the higher ups and another for the average fan. Now shut up, pay your money for a stream and don't ask questions.

Libby Hibby
28-12-2020, 05:32 AM
I know that if you sponsor a player at Rangers that you get one ticket to ibrox for every home game. The lad I know sponsored the player for this precise reason.

Ozyhibby
28-12-2020, 06:44 AM
The thread is a legitimate one given how sensitive an issue this is. We are living in strange times where parents have not been allowed to watch their own kids play football since February.
We have 11k season ticket holders who haven’t been able to watch a single minute of live action and are still getting charged extra for streams for cup games. It’s understandable that some may be feeling a little peeved at the situation and would rightly question if others were receiving privileged access to games.
I’m not naive enough to think that clubs won’t be inviting sponsors into games for the same reason that not every ticket for Tynecastle makes it into the public sale. I also don’t think the club are naive enough to think that there won’t be a stooshie if evidence of special treatment comes out. Let’s just hope that Hibs sponsors are more discreet than Galloway.

calumhibee1
28-12-2020, 07:09 AM

Wouldn’t worry about it Chorley. No point trying to reason with those that can’t be reasoned with. Perfectly legitimate thread but it seems nowadays folk don’t like any kind of discussion unless it matches their own views.

neil7908
28-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Wouldn’t worry about it Chorley. No point trying to reason with those that can’t be reasoned with. Perfectly legitimate thread but it seems nowadays folk don’t like any kind of discussion unless it matches their own views.

Agree 100%, its certainly interesting to me and given its gone over 4 pages, seems to be interesting to the members here.

neil7908
28-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Yes 100%

No OP, no responses.

Can we get your approved list of non controversial thread topics please for future reference?

green day
28-12-2020, 07:40 AM
I started a thread based upon a current news story, and talk amongst some (who mention it on this very thread) that 'guests' have been admitted to ER this season.

I dont see any talk.

The only person asking if there is anything going on at Hibs is you - the only thing about sponsors was when somone said that (some time ago) sponsors were invited in to watch away matches - that was already public knowledgre and hasnt happened for ages due to the tiering in Edinburgh.

The rest of the thread is arguments about whether the thread is valid or not.

Perhaps the sensible thing to have done was to have sent a PM to the fans rep first to determine if there was a story in the first place?

killie-hibby
28-12-2020, 07:44 AM
Following on from the news George Galloway attended a QOS game yesterday (as a club sponsor) speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders/sponsors/guests too.

It could be true. If challenged by any legitimate authority Hibs defence would be to state that all attendees are employed by both clubs, and the others are attending a business meeting within social distancing guidelines.

WhileTheChief..
28-12-2020, 07:45 AM
No, you didn't ask. You said that "speculation has arisen that Hibs are admitting hospitality season ticket holders/sponsors/guests too."

You’re way too quick to jump in and ‘defend’ the club at times.

I think you’ve called this one wrong. It was a legitimate question to ask by the OP but you jumped to the conclusion instantly that the he was mischief making instead of just asking a question and giving his view.

Most of us like to discuss things that the club does, it’s just that very few of us agree with everything they do 100% of the time like yourself!

Scouse Hibee
28-12-2020, 07:47 AM
Agree 100%, its certainly interesting to me and given its gone over 4 pages, seems to be interesting to the members here.

Agreed, the best answer will come from the club but a valid question never the less and one the OP was perfectly entitled to ask.

Hibbyradge
28-12-2020, 08:28 AM
This has been the main problem with covid, its turned us in to a tell tale society.

I think all the people dying is a bit of an issue too, tbh.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Just because "normal" supporters can't attend matches, does the club have to waste time and resources in publishing and justifying the name of every match day attendee?

What difference does it make to us watching from home?

If someone looking in decides that a certain former player & manager isn't an important enough employee to merit a seat on match day, will the thread have served it's purpose?

Will the supporter posting about the "speculation" on a very public and accessible forum (which we know is read by the press) be happy if Hibs are eventually punished? If we're forced to forfeit a match or two?

Write to the club by all means, but I honestly don't see that anything good can come of this thread.

But many of you think that I'm out of order on this one? I guess we'll just have to disagree as we obviously have differing ideas about what supporting a club is.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Just because "normal" supporters can't attend matches, does the club have to waste time and resources in publishing and justifying the name of every match day attendee?

What difference does it make to us watching from home?

If someone looking in decides that a certain former player & manager isn't an important enough employee to merit a seat on match day, will the thread have served it's purpose?

Will the supporter posting about the "speculation" on a very public and accessible forum (which we know is read by the press) be happy if Hibs are eventually punished? If we're forced to forfeit a match or two?

Write to the club by all means, but I honestly don't see that anything good can come of this thread.

But many of you think that I'm out of order on this one? I guess we'll just have to disagree as we obviously have differing ideas about what supporting a club is.

If Hibs are punished for anything it’ll be their own fault for doing something wrong, not the fault of someone asking a question on hibs.net.

It’s a fairly straightforward question, I’m not sure what the big deal is.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 09:00 AM
If Hibs are punished for anything it’ll be their own fault for doing something wrong, not the fault of someone asking a question on hibs.net.

Even if there was no problem whatsoever until somebody decided to look for one on hibs.net main (public) forum ?

Fine...

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Even if there was no problem whatsoever until somebody decided to look for one on hibs.net main (public) forum ?

Fine...

Someone asked a question. Honestly have no idea why it irritates you so much. If Hibs have done nothing wrong there will literally be no problem.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 09:06 AM
Someone asked a question. Honestly have no idea why it irritates you so much. If Hibs have done nothing wrong there will literally be no problem.And is the person going to receive a definitive answer on here?

Thought not, so why do it if it's not just to stir the s**t?

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 09:08 AM
And is the person going to receive a definitive answer on here?

I have received definitive answers on here plenty times. Our fans rep posts as does and Kenny Millar has contacted me directly in response to a post as well.

A question about what Hibs may or may not be doing on a Hibs forum. Whatever next eh...

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 09:11 AM
I have received definitive answers on here plenty times. Our fans rep posts as does and Kenny Millar has contacted me directly in response to a post as well.

A question about what Hibs may or may not be doing on a Hibs forum. Whatever next eh...The OP has already said he contacted the club.

We have access to club email adresses as well as the supporters' rep on here.

What good can come from searching for scandal on the main board?

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 09:13 AM
The OP has already said he contacted the club.

We have access to club email adresses as well as the supporters' rep on here.

What good can come from searching for scandal on the main board?

It’s just a simple question. About Hibs. On a Hibs forum.

Chorley Hibee
28-12-2020, 09:14 AM
And is the person going to receive a definitive answer on here?

I've received a direct answer from Hibs employees to at least 2 questions I've posed upon here previously.

The last time I looked, this was a Hibs forum designed to discuss matters related to Hibs and football in general.

I was hoping a night to have slept upon it might have left you less angry and more rational, it seems not.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Fine. I'm wrong and you're all right.

Crack on!

DaveF
28-12-2020, 09:19 AM
I'm not getting the rage against the question to be honest.

On the holy ground 2 posters have said they know of people who have been at games so it seems a legitimate question to ask.

EI255
28-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Sounds like this story is based on no real foundation and is quickly growing arms and legs.... for no reason.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Peevemor

On the holy ground 2 posters have said they know of people who have been at games so it seems a legitimate question to ask.I'm more disappointed that there isn't more "rage" about a so called Hibs supporter going out of his way to dig dirt about the club, about a very serious issue, on a public forum.

Obviously that's just me.

The 90+2

Fine...

If there's been any sort of rule breach that has been highlighted on here then it's the clubs fault and not the OP. It's hardly grassing either before you play that card.

DaveF
28-12-2020, 09:25 AM
I'm more disappointed that there isn't more "rage" about a so called Hibs supporter going out of his way to dig dirt about the club, about a very serious issue, on a public forum.

Sorry but that's nonsense. If anything, you should directing your rage at chuck Rhodes as it was his comment that led to Chorley posting this.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 09:26 AM
I'm more disappointed that there isn't more "rage" about a so called Hibs supporter going out of his way to dig dirt about the club, about a very serious issue, on a public forum.

It's only serious if there's been rules broken, and if so it won't be the OP's fault for simply asking a question then bringing debate over who can attend or not. Plenty people will think strongly on why others are allowed to attend if they also attend home and away. It doesn't really effect you though so I can see why that wouldn't be part of the debate for you and instead go baws deep in protect the club at all costs mode.

Chorley Hibee
28-12-2020, 09:28 AM

There you go again questioning my credentials as a Hibs supporter because you don't agree with me.

Seriously, you could do with taking time off the forum as you're becoming repeatedly confrontational (not just on this thread) with anyone who dares to take a different point of view from you.

It can't be good for your health.

green day
28-12-2020, 09:40 AM
On the general question "Are Hibs admitting Hospitality ST holders during Coronavirus" the answer will not be binary, they did see some away matches when allowed in August or Sept.

Someone on the Holy Ground says he knows 2 people who have watched as a guest v Aberdeen which was in August, iirc?

Our fans rep KP is browsing this thread, so perhaps worth waiting to see what he says on the matter?

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 09:48 AM
There you go again questioning my credentials as a Hibs supporter because you don't agree with me.

Seriously, you could do with taking time off the forum as you're becoming repeatedly confrontational (not just on this thread) with anyone who dares to take a different point of view from you.

It can't be good for your health.

My health's fine thanks.

And your opinion is permitted but mine isn't.

Interesting take on things.

Chorley Hibee
28-12-2020, 09:53 AM
My health's fine thanks.

And your opinion is permitted but mine isn't.

Interesting take on things.

Your opinion is absolutely permitted.

When it's accompanied by insults, veiled insults, disappointment there's no "rage" towards me, and questioning my status as a Hibs fan, then that's where your opinion crosses a line.

I've managed to debate this with you without crossing into the above territory - you on the other hand continue in the manner you've recently become accustomed to.

Since90+2
28-12-2020, 09:57 AM
Your opinion is absolutely permitted.

When it's accompanied by insults, veiled insults, disappointment there's no "rage" towards me, and questioning my status as a Hibs fan, then that's where your opinion crosses a line.

I've managed to debate this with you without crossing into the above territory - you on the other hand continue in the manner you've recently become accustomed to.

Don't engage would be my advice. You've done nothing wrong apart from ask a question.

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Is it my imagination or are people actually looking for things to attack the club with just now?

I realise there's a lot of perfectly understandable frustration at the situation we're living in just now but it does seem that people are taking that frustration out on anything and everything.

(I'm not just referring to this topic but on a more general level)

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 10:00 AM

CH is an actual Hibs Supporter that only recently had a Season Ticket.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:05 AM
Is it my imagination or are people actually looking for things to attack the club with just now?

I realise there's a lot of perfectly understandable frustration at the situation we're living in just now but it does seem that people are taking that frustration out on anything and everything.

(I'm not just referring to this topic but on a more general level)

Literally nobody on this thread has attacked the club?

Is is my imagination but are some posters actively looking for posts to have personal attacks at others based on posts they don't like?

Chorley Hibee
28-12-2020, 10:05 AM

Keith, I don't think I'm actively looking for something to attack the club upon, I'm commenting upon a news story and speculation that involves Hibs and fellow supporters.

I won't lie and say that your comment about "frustration" doesn't ring true, I think we'd all admit that to an extent, but I still belive my original post was a valid one.

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 10:07 AM
Keith, I don't think I'm actively looking for something to attack the club upon, I'm commenting upon a news story and speculation that involves Hibs and fellow supporters.

I won't lie and say that your comment about "frustration" doesn't ring true, I think we'd all admit that to an extent, but I still belive my original post was a valid one.

OK, fair enough

:aok:

Chorley Hibee
28-12-2020, 10:07 AM
CH is an actual Hibs Supporter that only recently had a Season Ticket.

Signed up for this season too.

Don't suppose you're looking for one this season as well? 🤣

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Signed up for this season too.

Don't suppose you're looking for one this season as well? ��

Nah you're alright mate, I've already got three!

:greengrin

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 10:08 AM
Literally nobody on this thread has attacked the club?

Is is my imagination but are some posters actively looking for posts to have personal attacks at others based on posts they don't like?

You're probably right, sorry.

:wink:

Allant1981
28-12-2020, 10:09 AM
Fine. I'm wrong and you're all right.

Crack on!

Chill!

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:11 AM
You're probably right, sorry.

:wink:

:greengrin I wasn't implying you where attacking posters btw, sorry, I should have made that clear. :aok:

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 10:17 AM
:greengrin I wasn't implying you where attacking posters btw, sorry, I should have made that clear. :aok:

No probs, mate. You can put me into the 'overly sensitive' category (plus possible hormone issues)

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 10:23 AM

On the holy ground 2 posters have said they know of people who have been at games so it seems a legitimate question to ask.

Name and shame or withdraw the claim.

Leeann is on the JRG that wrote the rules with the SFA and the government. I think you can be assured the one club that wont be breaking the rules is Hibernian FC

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:26 AM
No probs, mate. You can put me into the 'overly sensitive' category (plus possible hormone issues)

Ooops :greengrin :greengrin :aok:

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:27 AM

Leeann is on the JRG that wrote the rules with the SFA and the government. I think you can be assured the one club that wont be breaking the rules is Hibernian FC

Nobody has said the club have broken any rule :confused:

Lendo
28-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Just woken up, threads now at five pages. Is this still a none story or has some evidence appeared over night. I suspect not.

DaveF
28-12-2020, 10:30 AM

It's not difficult to look yourself but since you are too lazy 🙂 it was Paul Smith and scoopyboy. The later has subsequently clarified things in so much it was an away game and nothing to do with Hibs.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Nobody has said the club have broken any rule :confused:

A claim was made that on the Holy Ground someone has evidence that two people he/she knows have attended. That is a claim that Hibs broke the rules hence my name and shame or withdraw the claim comnent.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:36 AM
It's not difficult to look yourself but since you are too lazy 🙂 it was Paul Smith and scoopyboy. The later has subsequently clarified things in so much it was an away game and nothing to do with Hibs.

Like I said yesterday, I 100% know there was a couple of Celtic fans at Hamilton over the weekend and I doubt they are risking breaking the rules and losing points or money most weeks so there must be some kind of legal (not breaking the rules, nobody has also said Hibernian are either) way of letting a group in, the same QOS probably won't get done for letting that pussy Galloway in to Palemerston.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:38 AM
A claim was made that on the Holy Ground someone has evidence that two people he/she knows have attended. That is a claim that Hibs broke the rules hence my name and shame or withdraw the claim comnent.

It doesn't necessarily mean that any club have broken rules by allowing people in. There could be circumstances around this that many of us simply aren't aware of.

I don't, by the tone of the OP at all, think he was implying the club have broken rules either and I don't think he posted to either cause trouble or grass the club up.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 10:39 AM

So they are both admitting breaking the Covid regs at another club? Wasn't Queen of the South was it?

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 10:42 AM
Like I said yesterday, I 100% know there was a couple of Celtic fans at Hamilton over the weekend and I doubt they are risking breaking the rules and losing points or money most weeks so there must be some kind of legal (not breaking the rules, nobody has also said Hibernian are either) way of letting a group in, the same QOS probably won't get done for letting that pussy Galloway in to Palemerston.

So if you 100% know you can name and shame?

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:43 AM

Grass my mate up for being at Hamilton supporting Celtic aye? :greengrin

marinello59
28-12-2020, 10:44 AM

There won’t be any individuals being named on here.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 10:48 AM

...because none exist or a mates lie would be exposed? Either way no-one will provide any solid, irrefutable proof of any of the claims made. 😉

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 10:50 AM
...because none exist or a mates lie would be exposed? Either way no-one will provide any solid, irrefutable proof of any of the claims made. [emoji6]So again, what's the point of the thread apart from unnecessary s**t stirring?

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:50 AM
...because none exist or a mates lie would be exposed? Either way no-one will provide any solid, irrefutable proof of any of the claims made. 😉

You're trying to say I'm lying and my mate wasn't at Hamilton v Celtic on Saturday aye? :faf: Why the fk would I choose that random game for to create an imaginary story completely unrelated to Hibs?

Answers on a postcard.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 10:53 AM
Its clearly the case that guests/sponsors have been admitted.

I saw ex-employee at game on tv also. Seems that 11,000 can't get access, but have all paid to the cause. But if you plough in extra that means you get in, along with being friends of people in high places. Does that about cover it?

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:55 AM

I saw ex-employee at game on tv also. Seems that 11,000 can't get access, but have all paid to the cause. But if you plough in extra that means you get in, along with being friends of people in high places. Does that about cover it?

Boy I know is good mates with a former Celtic player (and knows Lennon) so would make sense.

Heisenberg
28-12-2020, 10:57 AM
Its clearly the case that guests/sponsors have been admitted

Is it the case the guests/sponsors have been given access to attend Hibs home games? I’ve not seen anything to confirm that’s the case.

DaveF
28-12-2020, 10:57 AM
So again, what's the point of the thread apart from unnecessary s**t stirring?

Which part are you not getting? Paul Smith dropped one in and said he knew people had attended. Admins have said no one will be named and this is jumped on as proof that no evidence exists.

This whole thing may turn out to be nothing (and I hope it is) but .net was built on many such threads so it does you no credit to be shouting for the removal of threads you simply think are rubbish.

By all means disagree but leave it at that.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Is it the case the guests/sponsors have been given access to attend Hibs home games? I’ve not seen anything to confirm that’s the case.

Yes, but obviously I can't name the people on here

HFC93
28-12-2020, 11:00 AM
Six pages of nonsense.

Mr. Wonderful
28-12-2020, 11:01 AM

An ex employee of who? You? You won't mind naming the person then?

I'm sure there's some in here who'll complain at almost anything just to get the weekly misery spouting boner that they normally would get on a Saturday.

Mr. Wonderful
28-12-2020, 11:02 AM

Convenient

Baldy Foghorn
An ex employee of who? You? You won't mind naming the person then?

I'm sure there's some in here who'll complain at almost anything just to get the weekly misery spouting boner that they normally would get on a Saturday.

Its already been mentioned you can't name names. Ex-employee of the club. Your last sentence is just silly.

Peevemor
Which part are you not getting? Paul Smith dropped one in and said he knew people had attended. Admins have said no one will be named and this is jumped on as proof that no evidence exists.

This whole thing may turn out to be nothing (and I hope it is) but .net was built on many such threads so it does you no credit to be shouting for the removal of threads you simply think are rubbish.

By all means disagree but leave it at that.

1. You've totally misunderstood my post. I never said anything about evidence.

2. Other people can post their opinions but I should "leave it at that". Is that the sort of thing that hibs.net was built on?

Callum_62
28-12-2020, 11:03 AM
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201228/bc88f4e6cbf97a569b94993cc861d2b4.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 11:03 AM
Convenient

Don't be silly. The person was on camera for all to see had you been alert

marinello59
28-12-2020, 11:05 AM
I’m getting the feeling that the Christmas spirit has already worn off from some. :greengrin

Mr. Wonderful
28-12-2020, 11:06 AM
Don't be silly. The person was on camera for all to see had you been alert

By alert do you mean looking for problems?

DaveF
28-12-2020, 11:06 AM
1. You've totally misunderstood my post. I never said anything about evidence.

2. Other people can post their opinions but I should "leave it at that". Is that the sort of thing that hibs.net was built on?

No,it's you who is misunderstanding.

The evidence comment was clearly in reply to hibbyfaelibby.

Of course you can have an opinion. I said you can disagree b but don't go asking for threads to be removed when it's a fairly innocuous topic.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 11:07 AM
By alert do you mean looking for problems?

Looking for problems no, just watching the game and seeing attendees.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 11:08 AM
I’m getting the feeling that the Christmas spirit has already worn off from some. :greengrin

Personally, it didn't begin for me so I'm delighted to be back in my comfort (or should that be confront) zone. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-12-2020, 11:10 AM
Can I assume the general air of calm and bonhomie that followed Saturdays performance has worn off?

Over 24 hours of relative calm is good going though. Something to build upon.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 11:10 AM

Did you screen shot the screen then message the person with the evidence asking why they attended before reporting back on here? If not, it seems you shouldn't be allowed to mention it, according to a couple of Poirot on steroids on this thread.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 11:11 AM
No,it's you who is misunderstanding.

The evidence comment was clearly in reply to hibbyfaelibby.

Of course you can have an opinion. I said you can disagree b but don't go asking for threads to be removed when it's a fairly innocuous topic.I wouldn't say it was innocuous at all, but that's just my opinion so maybe it doesn't count ;-)

Mr. Wonderful

And then decided to share your findings on here.

Baldy Foghorn
Did you screen shot the screen then message the person with the evidence asking why they attended before reporting back on here? If not, it seems you shouldn't be allowed to mention it, according to a couple of Poirot on steroids on this thread.

Haha I'm not great with technology so that's a no from me

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 11:12 AM
And then decided to share your findings on here.

Not really, if I saw it thousands others could, pretty simple really

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Haha I'm not great with technology so that's a no from me

In that case your bums out the window. RETRACT YOUR POSTS!!!!!! :greengrin

HH81
This thread is a late condender for thread of the year.

Now I have no idea if anyone has got in but even with covid around people have been getting into football matches.

I know from down here that it is possible as my friend has been to every home game at a local club. His job on match days is quite funny but a good way of still getting in to see the games.

Heisenberg

Fair enough if you’ve seen people or been told by individuals. Can’t say the thought of a club sponsor or two getting in to see matches has me all that riled up to be honest.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 11:15 AM
Fair enough if yoitsu’ve seen people or been told by individuals. Can’t say the thought of a club sponsor or two getting in to see matches has me all that riled up to be honest.

Its creating a two tier support, the very essence of why loyalty points was scrapped. Money seems the prize

Mr. Wonderful
28-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Its creating a two tier support, the very essence of why loyalty points was scrapped. Money seems the prize

It's doing nothing of the sort. You're the only one going on about it 😂

Willing to bet the folks who run supporters buses weren't complaining when they were getting priority over others

Lendo
28-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Six pages of nonsense.

Yep, utter *****. People just looking to stir up trouble for the sake of it.

Pretty Boy
28-12-2020, 11:20 AM
I think this thread can be summarised as:

There is a suggestion some people may be being admitted to Premiership games, including those involving Hibs.

There has been some suggestion this may breach some rules but that's not been clarified. Given the high profile incidents involving football clubs over the last few months I'd be surprised if any club was that daft.

Some people are aware of people who have been admitted to games. I wouldn't really doubt this despite an understandable unwillingness to name them. I know an individual who is non essential to the match day logistics who has been to at least 2 Hearts games this season so I believe it is happening at some clubs. I believe hsi reason for being there could be explained if required but it's essentially a made up role.

If any club gets in bother for these practices that may or may not be happening then the blame lies solely with said clubs. The rules are in place and you break them at your peril.

If there are no rules being broken then the clubs have nothing to worry about from this thread or speculation elsehwere. Again I'd suspect this is the case given the scrutiny football is under.

It's mountain out of a molehill stuff really. I trust Hibs to be abiding by the rules but if we aren't then we face the consequences.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 11:22 AM
I think this thread can be summarised as:

There is a suggestion some people may be being admitted to Premiership games, including those involving Hibs.

There has been some suggestion this may breach some rules but that's not been clarified. Given the high profile incidents involving football clubs over the last few months I'd be surprised if any club was that daft.

Some people are aware of people who have been admitted to games. I wouldn't really doubt this despite an understandable unwillingness to name them. I know an individual who is non essential to the match day logistics who has been to at least 2 Hearts games this season so I believe it is happening at some clubs.

If any club gets in bother for these practices that may or may not be happening then the blame lies solely with said clubs. The rules are in place and you break them at your peril.

If there are no rules being broken then the clubs have nothing to worry about from this thread or speculation elsehwere. Again I'd suspect this is the case given the scrutiny football is under.

It's mountain out of a molehill stuff really. I trust Hibs to be abiding by the rules but if we aren't then we face the consequences.

Summed up to perfection PB :top marks

marinello59
28-12-2020, 11:22 AM
Personally, it didn't begin for me so I'm delighted to be back in my comfort (or should that be confront) zone. :greengrin

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 11:42 AM

I'm making no comment.

🙃

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 11:56 AM
It's doing nothing of the sort. You're the only one going on about it ��

Willing to bet the folks who run supporters buses weren't complaining when they were getting priority over others

In your opinion. 11,000 can't get in, but if you spend a bit more, you get in, therefore prioritising money.

No idea who you are, but lets agree to disagree. Supporters buses priority stopped a long time ago.

jacomo
28-12-2020, 11:57 AM
I’m a bit gutted that Yogi has got the gig at Ross County. He’s been a right laugh at hospitality these last few months, a right good laugh.

blackpoolhibs
28-12-2020, 12:09 PM
I’m a bit gutted that Yogi has got the gig at Ross County. He’s been a right laugh at hospitality these last few months, a right good laugh.

😂😂😂

ronaldo7
28-12-2020, 12:15 PM

What about the Pussy of Palmerston. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
28-12-2020, 12:23 PM
Queens likely to get charged

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/george-galloway-trip-to-queen-of-the-south-set-to-end-in-charge-for-club-scottish-football

ancient hibee
28-12-2020, 12:23 PM
In your opinion. 11,000 can't get in, but if you spend a bit more, you get in, therefore prioritising money.

No idea who you are, but lets agree to disagree. Supporters buses priority stopped a long time ago.

Do you agree that season ticket holders should be ahead of others when fans are re admitted? Is that because they’ve spent a bit more?

Irish_Steve
28-12-2020, 12:24 PM
I think those who have been pictured at games should form the basis for a new calendar - after all, calendars never cause problems on here, do they ;)

The Modfather
28-12-2020, 12:26 PM

The email I got said they would replace Yogi with Lennon after he loses the Old Firm game next week. So long as they keep adding on my loyalty points I’m not overly fussed who the replacement is.

04Sauzee
28-12-2020, 12:27 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/george-galloway-trip-to-queen-of-the-south-set-to-end-in-charge-for-club-scottish-football
They most likely will but MREwanMurray is a tool so couldn't be bothered reading it.

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2020, 12:50 PM

:top marks

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 12:58 PM

OK then you saw an ex-employee? Fine how did you recognise him on TV if he had a mask on?

Not asking you to name just tell us the game and the time and then we can all check it out.

Fantasy Football Fan spotting is the new Covid craze

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 01:03 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/george-galloway-trip-to-queen-of-the-south-set-to-end-in-charge-for-club-scottish-footballWould probably have gone unnoticed but for an ill advised post on social media.

Who'd've thunk it?

HibeeHibernian4
28-12-2020, 01:09 PM

You're coming across as a quite pathetic cheerleader for the club. It's okay to support your team and still be capable of critical thought.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 01:12 PM
Would probably have gone unnoticed but for an ill advised post on social media.

Who'd've thunk it?

And it would have been even more unnoticed if they hadn’t done something they shouldn’t in the first place.

Baldy Foghorn
OK then you saw an ex-employee? Fine how did you recognise him on TV if he had a mask on?

Not asking you to name just tell us the game and the time and then we can all check it out.

Fantasy Football Fan spotting is the new Covid craze

:aok: Aye ok then.......

Peevemor
You're coming across as a quite pathetic cheerleader for the club. It's okay to support your team and still be capable of critical thought.I don't know how I'll sleep at night now.

matty_f
28-12-2020, 01:14 PM
This very much feels like the complaints about the loyalty points system which was great until it didn’t suit someone’s own circumstances and then it was a problem. Essentially it’s alright until someone feels like they’re the one missing out.

A sponsor getting to see a game is of no concern to me. I’m not a sponsor. If i was *that* desperate to see a game, I’d be on to Hibs to see what the deal is with becoming a sponsor. In the meantime i can understand completely that as one of 11,000+ season ticket holders. I can’t get in and I have no problem with the club courting people who are able to put significant money in to help plug the financial gaps that covid has caused and help the club compete.

That to me, makes perfect sense for the club to do and actually the club would be being incredibly negligent if they weren’t trying to fund raise.

Folk wanted a two tier system of fans if it meant they got a ticket for Tiny, they weren’t bothered about the season ticket holders who missed out then.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 01:14 PM
And it would have been even more unnoticed if they hadn’t done something they shouldn’t in the first place.Have they though?

In any case, at least we have our loyal support who'll signal any transgressions to the authorities.

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Have they though?

In any case, at least we have our loyal support who'll signal any transgressions to the authorities.

You love a chance to have a pop at the support eh.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 01:16 PM

Who'd've thunk it?

It wasn't ill-advised it was premeditated. That apoligy of an individual has been deliberately provoking the Scottish authorities to fine him over blatant and pulically visible breaches of Covid regulation just the get the press coverage ahead of the upcoming Scottish elections. He is no QotS fan hes used them to their cost.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 01:18 PM
You love a chance to have a pop at the support eh.What are you on about?

weecounty hibby
28-12-2020, 01:19 PM
I'm not interested in the issue raised but if I was offered a seat at the game with 100 folk at it is rather use my Hibspass and watch from the comfort and warmth of my own house, with a beer and snacks on tap. Why would anyone want to go to the game in those circumstances? I can't wait to get back to ER but not sitting on my own with no one near enough to talk to etc. Full houses and yip I'm there, handful of folk. No thanks

B.H.F.C
28-12-2020, 01:23 PM
What are you on about?

You popping up on threads, constantly, having a pop at folk positing anything that you perceive to be slightly negative. I’m clearly not the only one that’s noticed it. Referring to folk as clowns, now it’s sarcastic pish about loyal supporters etc.

HibeeHibernian4
28-12-2020, 01:25 PM
You popping up on threads, constantly, having a pop at folk positing anything that you perceive to be slightly negative. I’m clearly not the only one that’s noticed it. Referring to folk as clowns, now it’s sarcastic pish about loyal supporters etc.

:agree:

It's the sort of wagon circling I've come to expect seeing on Kickback when any of them dare to criticise Budge.

LancashireHibby
28-12-2020, 01:27 PM
I’ve worked at 10-12 ‘behind closed doors’ games down here so far this season and the accreditation process is pretty strict. There are generally around 150 people accredited to attend each game which sounds quite a lot, but even for a basic recording of a game (not screened live) you’re talking 10-15 staff involved with that alone so the numbers creep up quite quickly. Everyone must have a particular role in relation to the ‘delivery of the event’ other than a finite number of club directors and guests (maximum of 20 in total IIRC). So it is entirely possible that sponsors or certain ‘friends of the club’ will have been granted admission, but only within the numbers permitted.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:27 PM
This very much feels like the complaints about the loyalty points system which was great until it didn’t suit someone’s own circumstances and then it was a problem. Essentially it’s alright until someone feels like they’re the one missing out.

A sponsor getting to see a game is of no concern to me. I’m not a sponsor. If i was *that* desperate to see a game, I’d be on to Hibs to see what the deal is with becoming a sponsor. In the meantime i can understand completely that as one of 11,000+ season ticket holders. I can’t get in and I have no problem with the club courting people who are able to put significant money in to help plug the financial gaps that covid has caused and help the club compete.

That to me, makes perfect sense for the club to do and actually the club would be being incredibly negligent if they weren’t trying to fund raise.

Folk wanted a two tier system of fans if it meant they got a ticket for Tiny, they weren’t bothered about the season ticket holders who missed out then.

Drivel.......

Kaff
28-12-2020, 01:30 PM

This deals with all the comments and arguments neatly and succinctly, good post.
I think the thread is badly titled if the OP had genuinely emailed the club and posted before receiving a reply, my view is that it does come over as someone spitting the dummy out.

Heisenberg
28-12-2020, 01:33 PM
Drivel.......

A well thought out response to what was a good post!

I assume you’d be ok with season ticket holders getting priority over walk up fans for tickets back into the ground whenever the time comes?

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:34 PM
A well thought out response to what was a good post!

I assume you’d be ok with season ticket holders getting priority over walk up fans for tickets back into the ground whenever the time comes?

It wasn't a good post, it was slating those that had the audacity to travel and gain loyalty points. He isn't desperate to see Hibs, sums him up

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 01:34 PM
You popping up on threads, constantly, having a pop at folk positing anything that you perceive to be slightly negative. I’m clearly not the only one that’s noticed it. Referring to folk as clowns, now it’s sarcastic pish about loyal supporters etc.And I'm not the only one to notice the number of people whose posting rate increases tenfold when they have (or think they have) something to moan about.

Sorry if it bothers you.

matty_f
28-12-2020, 01:35 PM
Drivel.......

In what way? That’s how i see the situation.

Peevemor
28-12-2020, 01:36 PM
:agree:

It's the sort of wagon circling I've come to expect seeing on Kickback when any of them dare to criticise Budge.OK, tell me. Apart from potentially causing ill rest and possibly trouble for the club, what purpose does this thread serve? Will the OP or anyone else get back into ER sooner because of it?

matty_f
28-12-2020, 01:38 PM
It wasn't a good post, it was slating those that had the audacity to travel and gain loyalty points. He isn't desperate to see Hibs, sums him up

Sums me up?

For the avoidance of doubt, i didn’t slate anyone for the audacity to do anything, so it’s interesting that’s what you’ve taken from my post.

As for being desperate to see Hibs, of course i am - to the point where I’d be able to find however much it costs to sponsor, well, no - not that desperate.

Could you explain how that sums me up? Seems like a very personal comment.

Mr. Wonderful
28-12-2020, 01:39 PM

Good Post. Don't think baldy f would be complaining at all if he was a sponsor, just as he didn't complain when he benefited from ticket priveleges.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Sums me up?

For the avoidance of doubt, i didn’t slate anyone for the audacity to do anything, so it’s interesting that’s what you’ve taken from my post.

As for being desperate to see Hibs, of course i am - to the point where I’d be able to find however much it costs to sponsor, well, no - not that desperate.

Could you explain how that sums me up? Seems like a very personal comment.

You started saying that people moaned if it didn't suit their circumstances, then went on about two tier system regarding the piggery. Fans who travel the length of the Country only wanted some sort of recognition for doing so, regarding the "more glamorous ties". But it sounded like you had an issue with them

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Good Post. Don't think baldy f would be complaining at all if he was a sponsor, just as he didn't complain when he benefited from ticket priveleges.

And who are you? You seem to know about me?

matty_f
28-12-2020, 01:45 PM
You staerted saying that people moaned if it didn't suit their circumstances, then went on about two tier system regarding the piggery. Fans who travel the length of the Country only wanted some sort of recognition for doing so, regarding the "more glamorous ties". But it souned like you had an issue with them

Then you’re missing the point, BH. Did everyone wanting loyalty points complain about them? No, it was only when they didn’t have enough loyalty points to meet whatever criteria was needed for Tiny that it became an issue, all of a sudden it was precisely their level of loyalty that they wanted recognised.

What’s the difference here, the sponsors pay a lot more than the season ticket holders, all they want is that contribution recognised.

I have said i don’t care if sponsors get in, I’m not a sponsor and like every other season ticket holders, I’m locked out. Sponsors getting in doesn’t change that and I’m totally comfortable with the reasoning behind sponsors getting to see a game, it makes sense to do so.

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, i commend the people who go home and away, I would love to be able to do it regularly.

Also not sure how that warranted the “sums him up” comment.

Mr. Wonderful
28-12-2020, 01:45 PM
And who are you? You seem to know about me?

A former employee of the club. Sorry, can't name names.

tamig
28-12-2020, 01:47 PM

Totally agree Matty.

I suspect the Baldy Foghorn is still a bit peeved about some of his privileges being withdrawn. Wrong to have a multi-tiered prioritising approach - unless he’s one of the privileged few.

hibbyfraelibby
28-12-2020, 01:48 PM

🤣🤣🤣

Kaff
28-12-2020, 01:50 PM

Great to have you on here Rod😂

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:52 PM
Totally agree Matty.

I suspect the Baldy Foghorn is still a bit peeved about some of his privileges being withdrawn. Wrong to have a multi-tiered prioritising approach - unless he’s one of the privileged few.

Do you know more about me than I do? It's nice to have a wee follower:aok:

18Craig75
28-12-2020, 01:52 PM
Do you agree that season ticket holders should be ahead of others when fans are re admitted? Is that because they’ve spent a bit more?

Nail.on.head. Some posters just love a moan, like they have a 6th sense for a developing situation that they can maybe get all hot and bothered about and have a go at the clubs for whilst feel sorry for themselves.

Makes you wonder why they ‘support’ hibs at all.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:53 PM
Nail.on.head. Some posters just love a moan, like they have a 6th sense for a developing situation that they can maybe get all hot and bothered about and have a go at the clubs for whilst feel sorry for themselves.

Makes you wonder why they ‘support’ hibs at all.

Hahahaha here he is, wondered how long my other follower would take to be along

Any need for the "support", you have no idea

tamig
28-12-2020, 01:55 PM
Do you know more about me than I do? It's nice to have a wee follower:aok:

You mentioned in an earlier post on this thread about the supporters clubs not getting the same favours any more. You wrote it yourself man. I’m glad I don’t know you - if that helps.

Baldy Foghorn
28-12-2020, 01:56 PM
You mentioned in an earlier post on this thread about the supporters clubs not getting the same favours any more. You wrote it yourself man. I’m glad I don’t know you - if that helps.

Those privileges don't impact me so not upset to lose them. That helps greatly......

tamig
28-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Those privileges don't impact me so not upset to lose them. That helps greatly......

You are a hoot 😂

The Modfather
28-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Is this thread now just a thinly veiled excuse to bring up old arguments and have a pop at each other? If so, the poster LeithMike, who I’m good friends with and have a season ticket with. I’d question what part of Leith Cannonmills is in? 😀

jacomo
28-12-2020, 02:02 PM

Who'd've thunk it?

Going unnoticed is not something that Galloway has ever relished.

Carheenlea
28-12-2020, 02:10 PM

A season ticket holders argument about thinking they should be ahead of others when fans are readmitted would be based on their regular and committed support of the club. Similarly, a perfectly working Points Scheme gives those who support the club both at home and on the road a fairer chance of securing tickets for in-demand games.

The “Spending a bit more” argument has only really been used by those who opposed loyalty schemes, and never by those who supported its function. It was only ever about the most regular supporters being given the first opportunities to attend matches, and when supporters are readmitted, it can only be season ticket holders who are given access. How they work out who that will be in a limited environment is going to be a real headache.

We did have a good facility in place a couple of years back that would have assisted with that.

matty_f
28-12-2020, 02:13 PM
A season ticket holders argument about thinking they should be ahead of others when fans are readmitted would be based on their regular and committed support of the club. Similarly, a perfectly working Points Scheme gives those who support the club both at home and on the road a fairer chance of securing tickets for in-demand games.

The “Spending a bit more” argument has only really been used by those who opposed loyalty schemes, and never by those who supported its function. It was only ever about the most regular supporters being given the first opportunities to attend matches, and when supporters are readmitted, it can only be season ticket holders who are given access. How they work out who that will be in a limited environment is going to be a real headache.

We did have a good facility in place a couple of years back that would have assisted with that.

They could do Gold seats first, then sort the rest out after. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
28-12-2020, 02:14 PM
Going unnoticed is not something that Galloway has ever relished.

I'd say that he would take one look at this thread, and all the others that are on social media, and say "job done ".

green day
28-12-2020, 02:14 PM

I have been told by an ex-employee (no names) that its West Stand (Upper) first and the rest of you pricks later...............

Cod Boy
28-12-2020, 02:15 PM

Postcodes nearest the ground maybe the option Edinburgh rugby done that.

matty_f
28-12-2020, 02:20 PM
I have been told by an ex-employee (no names) that its West Stand (Upper) first and the rest of you pricks later...............

Sums me up.

Carheenlea

Joking apart, it is going to be a real headache with so many season ticket holders and limited seats - if there is to be a staggered return.

Postcodes? Under a certain age? Vaccinated? Raffles?

As an out of town, 50+ ST holder I’m not holding out much hope being well up the list.

HH81
Postcodes nearest the ground maybe the option Edinburgh rugby done that.

I'll be waiting a while then as I'm 210 miles away ha.

BroxburnHibee
28-12-2020, 02:21 PM
Joking apart, it is going to be a real headache with so many season ticket holders and limited seats - if there is to be a staggered return.

Postcodes? Under a certain age? Vaccinated? Raffles?

As an out of town, 50+ ST holder I’m not holding out much hope being well up the list.

Clearly the admins on here should get first dibs :agree:

SteveHFC
28-12-2020, 02:22 PM
I'll be waiting a while then as I'm 210 miles away ha.

Those who live in Midlothian will be waiting a long time too. :greengrin

DaveF
28-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Clearly the admins on here should get first dibs :agree:

Don't they already 😲

Cod Boy
28-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Those who live in Midlothian will be waiting a long time too. :greengrin

I’ve nae chance either 😂