PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Stockdale (part Hibs involvement)

maturehibby
27-12-2020, 05:07 PM
Watching Liverpool v West Bromwich and see he is the first team coach at West Brom now
Good to see his time at ER stood him in good stead with another job in Football

overdrive
27-12-2020, 05:13 PM
Watching Liverpool v West Bromwich and see he is the first team coach at West Brom now
Good to see his time at ER stood him in good stead with another job in Football

Noticed that when they scored.

There’s a guy on the Liverpool bench that looks really like Daniel Stendel. A Google suggests it’s not him but the guy is his double.

kaimendhibs
27-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Good to see his time at ER stood him in good stead with another job in FootballGood luck to him. Hope he has loads of success

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Robbo6-2
27-12-2020, 05:20 PM
Good luck to the guy but he was part of one of the worst management teams in our history.

Just waiting on a Mo Malpas thread to start wishing him well

Northernhibee
27-12-2020, 05:20 PM
I don't doubt that either him or Heckingbottom were very good coaches (much like Ian Cathro) but not the sort of character required to be the head of the table in the dressing room. I wish them both well.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Good luck to the guy but he was part of one of the worst management teams in our history.

Steady.

Northernhibee
27-12-2020, 05:44 PM

Not a chance - where Butcher and Calderwood disrespected the club and left our team flooded with god awful players and a squad entirely decimated of quality and confidence, Heckingbottom at least left us with some good players and although near enough dead last in the league in a salvagable state.

There have been a whole lot better than the Hecky era, but they're not quite close to being the worst. File under "didn't work out" IMO.

The 90+2
27-12-2020, 05:53 PM
Not a chance - where Butcher and Calderwood disrespected the club and left our team flooded with god awful players and a squad entirely decimated of quality and confidence, Heckingbottom at least left us with some good players and although near enough dead last in the league in a salvagable state.

There have been a whole lot better than the Hecky era, but they're not quite close to being the worst. File under "didn't work out" IMO.

Exactly. Even Billy **** Broon being assistant coach, Tommy Craig the two guys under Blobby.

lord bunberry
27-12-2020, 06:04 PM

Not even close.

jacomo
27-12-2020, 10:35 PM

Absolutely spot on.

I thought we’d made a mistake with Hecky pretty much from the off, but he was fully professional and didn’t bully the players or act the big prick. In terms of achievements, he got us out of the rut we’d got into and helped bring some good players to the club.

As for Robbie Stockdale, felt he got a bit of a raw deal because as no.2 you’re really not in control of your destiny.

Best wishes to both of them.

Just_Jimmy
28-12-2020, 02:17 AM
Exactly. Even Billy **** Broon being assistant coach, Tommy Craig the two guys under Blobby.brown, 100% but what did Tommy Craig who was assistant when we won a cup or Gerry McCabe and Jim Clarke do to deserve your ire?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Since452
28-12-2020, 08:41 AM

Not even close. They actually left a pretty decent foundation for Jack Ross. Salvaged top six from nowhere then just didn't work out the following season. Too many new players from down south at once was probably the biggest reason.

Stuart93
28-12-2020, 09:37 AM

There’s a guy on the Liverpool bench that looks really like Daniel Stendel. A Google suggests it’s not him but the guy is his double.

I had to do the same. Thought surely it can’t be

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 09:39 AM
brown, 100% but what did Tommy Craig who was assistant when we won a cup or Gerry McCabe and Jim Clarke do to deserve your ire?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

They where part of equally bad management teams imo.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-12-2020, 10:02 AM

Stendel has been perma-quarantined for his excessive tongue movements in public spaces.

Keith_M
28-12-2020, 10:18 AM

Probably East German, they all look the same