PDA

View Full Version : A Better Balance

Key West
26-12-2020, 09:44 PM
Thought today that there was much more of a balance to the team. As another poster mentioned there was plenty of flexibility and everybody seemed to be comfortable regardless of the situations, pity we didn’t get that wee bit rub of the green.

Jones28
26-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Agree with this. I’d have the same team start against RC on Wednesday. Gogic played well today and showed he’s more than just a midfield hard man, he can play too.

Smartie
26-12-2020, 10:07 PM
I thought it was a good team for the task that faced us today but it should be something different for Ross County.

Good to know we have players who can be called upon to do the shifts that were asked of them today though.

hibee1875
26-12-2020, 10:22 PM
The current injury situation may dictate that it is the same team. Malian, Magennis and Murphy possibly/probably still out.

The only change would be bringing doidge back in

hibbysam
26-12-2020, 10:28 PM
The current injury situation may dictate that it is the same team. Malian, Magennis and Murphy possibly/probably still out.

The only change would be bringing doidge back in

Doidge for Gogic, 4-3-3, Wright tucking in and full backs high. County are rank, need to attack them early.

Northernhibee
26-12-2020, 11:01 PM
Doidge for Gogic, 4-3-3, Wright tucking in and full backs high. County are rank, need to attack them early.

4-4-1-1 for me with Doidge up front and Nisbet behind.

Barnes

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Nisbet

Doidge

Change as little a possible and Wright appears to be more of a defensive winger, so Doig's energy in getting forward balances the left side nicely.

CMurdoch
26-12-2020, 11:35 PM

Hard to argue with any of that.
Doidge does a load of work and takes a lot of hits every game.
Can see him improving things when he returns on Wednesday after his wee rest.
Kevin Nisbet will be pleased to see him.

Brightside
27-12-2020, 08:13 AM
We can play a lot more aggressive 352 v County. Less defensive work for the wingbacks. Boyle replaced drey. Doidge up top with Nisbet. Gogic in the CDM role allows Newall and Hallberg to have much more freedom in the opponents half.

AlbertK86
27-12-2020, 08:24 AM
We can play a lot more aggressive 352 v County. Less defensive work for the wingbacks. Boyle replaced drey. Doidge up top with Nisbet. Gogic in the CDM role allows Newall and Hallberg to have much more freedom in the opponents half.

This for me as well .. big attacking threat with Doig and Boyle out wide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk