PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Porteous

lord bunberry
26-12-2020, 04:09 PM
I thought he was excellent today, absolutely solid and brought the ball out from defence really well at times, driving the team forward. On another day he’d have easily got man of the match, but obviously that will go to Newell.

04Sauzee
26-12-2020, 04:16 PM
I thought he was excellent today, absolutely solid and brought the ball out from defence really well at times, driving the team forward. On another day he’d have easily got man of the match, but obviously that will go to Newell.
Outstanding today, he's going to go in and be a fantastic footballer

Wheat Hound
26-12-2020, 04:17 PM
Agree. Decision making much improved and he was immense today. Bar a couple of iffy games e.g the semi and sheep away games, he has had a superb season so far.

gaz1875
26-12-2020, 04:18 PM
His composure has come back over the last few games and back in form.

Speedy
26-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Aye, very good today.

tonyrougier123
26-12-2020, 06:26 PM
A very solid mature performance from Ryan porteous today,the best for the season for me.man of the match imo.
Really improving immensely now,and becoming the first name on the team sheet with every passing game.
A great way to show gerrard he’s no hatchet man for the hibees!!

matty_f
26-12-2020, 06:29 PM
He hardly put a foot wrong today.

Vault Boy
26-12-2020, 06:39 PM
He's come on leaps and bounds since putting those nasty injuries behind him. He's always had the physical attributes and defensive instinct, but the composure he's showing on and off the ball this season is outstanding.

Iggy Pope
26-12-2020, 07:00 PM
Looks like he has the born ability to irritate the **** out of whoever he is up against as well.

Pretty Boy
26-12-2020, 07:03 PM
There was one ocassion today where he charged out to attack a ball that was never his, got caught out and McGinn done really well to cover for him.

That's notable because it was one ocassion. That was the kind of thing he was doing 5 and 6 times a game last season. It's one of the things that demonstrates how much he is improving. It stood out because it was a rarity. He was really good today and if he continues to improve he'll soon be the player we all think and hope we have.

Kinross Hibee
26-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Looked very confident/organised today

MrRobot
26-12-2020, 09:17 PM
Much more mature performance from him today. Porteous is a gem of a player who will only get better.

bingo70
26-12-2020, 09:22 PM
Thought he was absolutely brilliant today.

Going by the huns on Twitter they really hate him as well which makes him all the more popular with me.

Wheat Hound
26-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Thought he was absolutely brilliant today.

Going by the huns on Twitter they really hate him as well which makes him all the more popular with me.

I'm with you there. The fact they hate him so much means he's doing things right. We need more with his spirit and attitude. A Hibs captain in the making.

Ozyhibby
26-12-2020, 09:44 PM
Felt he should have been tighter to Roofe at the goal but the rest of his game was good today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tamig
26-12-2020, 10:23 PM
There was one ocassion today where he charged out to attack a ball that was never his, got caught out and McGinn done really well to cover for him.

That's notable because it was one ocassion. That was the kind of thing he was doing 5 and 6 times a game last season. It's one of the things that demonstrates how much he is improving. It stood out because it was a rarity. He was really good today and if he continues to improve he'll soon be the player we all think and hope we have.

He was great today. But there have been a few games this season when he’s made wrong decisions that he’s been lucky to get away with. He still has a rash streak but hopefully he can build on his performance today and show more consistency and cut out the silly stuff. He’s excellent at bringing the ball out of defence and I’m hoping he can continue to improve. Turning into a real asset.

JimBHibees
27-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Thought he was outstanding and has been for weeks improving with every game. I did think he got away with one in the Balogun chance as he was looking for a foul which allowed the Rangers player to almost score. Overall exceptional

Bangkok Hibby
27-12-2020, 09:14 AM
A few wee errors still creeping in but a huge improvement in poise and confidence. As has been said a future captain and my player of the season so far.