PDA

View Full Version : Flexibility

Northernhibee
26-12-2020, 02:19 PM
What's impressed me this year is even with a small squad and carrying a number of injuries/suspensions/inelegible players we can play a number of ways. 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 - we've played a number of formations and been able to switch this about in play and also have a mixture of youth and experience throughout.

It's really impressive and a huge credit to Jack Ross, the players and the recruitment team that we've got a smaller squad this year but it doesn't feel like it. The bench looked weak today but if you take seven players away from almost any team in the league then their bench will suffer if not their first team.

The club as a whole seems to be run really well and efficiently just now. I like it a lot.

Scott Allan Key
26-12-2020, 02:48 PM
What's impressed me this year is even with a small squad and carrying a number of injuries/suspensions/inelegible players we can play a number of ways. 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-3-3, 3-5-2 - we've played a number of formations and been able to switch this about in play and also have a mixture of youth and experience throughout.

It's really impressive and a huge credit to Jack Ross, the players and the recruitment team that we've got a smaller squad this year but it doesn't feel like it. The bench looked weak today but if you take seven players away from almost any team in the league then their bench will suffer if not their first team.

The club as a whole seems to be run really well and efficiently just now. I like it a lot.Wholly agree with you. The players have the mentality and intelligence to adapt and it shows Ross is able to compete with the best sides in this league.

Be interesting if we're in Europe as to how well we do. We seemed to rely on John McGinn last time we were in Europe. We have a more astute manager now, if not that midfield that Lennon initially benefitted from.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Northernhibee
26-12-2020, 02:52 PM
Wholly agree with you. The players have the mentality and intelligence to adapt and it shows Ross is able to compete with the best sides in this league.

Be interesting if we're in Europe as to how well we do. We seemed to rely on John McGinn last time we were in Europe. We have a more astute manager now, if not that midfield that Lennon initially benefitted from.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

The benefit of not filling up the team with the likes of Eardley, Mavrias, Nelom and the like that we've done in previous seasons is that we're seeing Doig, Mackie, Gullan and Bradley and the like get opportunities for game time too. I was sceptical of the reasons behind Jack Ross going for a smaller first team this season but it's quite pleasing to see.

Jack Ross is clearly a very intelligent man. He's the kind of manager I like to have in charge of the team - clever, methodical, calm and collected. He rarely makes a rash decision.

CMurdoch
26-12-2020, 02:55 PM

The club as a whole seems to be run really well and efficiently just now. I like it a lot.

The squad was at it's limit today with injuries and the suspension.
Gullan was always the only guy on the bench that Ross wanted to use and that's how it turned out.
Fortunately, looked like no injuries today and we have a rested Doidge ready to face Ross Co. With a couple from Murphy, Magennis, Mallan & Marciano hopefully fit again.

Jones28
26-12-2020, 02:56 PM
I was glad to see us go with the wing backs today, I wonder if that’s enough for Ross to go with that more often.