PDA

View Full Version : Collum

dastardly8
26-12-2020, 12:13 PM
Itching to book Gogic , a nap he will red card a hibs player before this game is over.

SRHibs
26-12-2020, 12:15 PM
I thought he could've been booked for the obstruction earlier in the game tbh. He has more fouls than the other 21 players combined.

Scottie
26-12-2020, 12:16 PM
He’s the worst ref we have in the country. Shocking every week.

Speedy
26-12-2020, 12:18 PM
Credit to him for not giving a penalty when Tavernier went down. Easily could have.

I think he made the right call.

Hiber-nation
26-12-2020, 12:18 PM
No idea how anyone can complain about Gogic getting booked.

hibIBZ
26-12-2020, 12:19 PM
He has been totally fine, could of given them a penalty, tried to let the game flow. Gogic deserved his yellow

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Gogic just needs to keep the head and not walk into another yellow.

Vault Boy
26-12-2020, 12:26 PM
He has been totally fine, could of given them a penalty, tried to let the game flow. Gogic deserved his yellow

I'm with you on this.

HibeeHibernian4
26-12-2020, 12:27 PM
He's been absolutely fine. Delusional threads blaming the ref are better left to the likes of the Old Firm. :rolleyes:

berwickhibee
26-12-2020, 12:28 PM
Shotgun refereeing, doesn't even give himself a second to deliberate, any contact on a rangers player it's a free kick so quick. But it's what we expect.

dastardly8
26-12-2020, 12:49 PM
Shotgun refereeing, doesn't even give himself a second to deliberate, any contact on a rangers player it's a free kick so quick. But it's what we expect.

There we go high boot on Newell no penalty

kaimendhibs
26-12-2020, 12:52 PM
Hows thst not a penalty?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

greenlex
26-12-2020, 12:53 PM

This. Not even debatable.

-Jonesy-
26-12-2020, 01:18 PM
https://twitter.com/weeseabee/status/1342831065073938432?s=21

The Harp Awakes
26-12-2020, 01:20 PM
Cheat.

Diclonius
26-12-2020, 01:21 PM
He's a Celtic man so tries twice as hard to show he's "impartial" by being entirely partial in favour of Rangers. A farce.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-12-2020, 01:22 PM
Hunbelievable, 2 penalties for us not given!!

Only in Glasgow with Collum as ref!

jeffers
26-12-2020, 01:23 PM
Another clear penalty when tavernier inadvertently tripped Porteous in the box. If that and the high boot against Newell had been at the other end guaranteed they’d have been given.

staunchhibby
Collum at his best again.Totaly useless

Phil MaGlass
Ahve almost had it with Scottish fitba and this,have huns win at all costs cheatin ******* west coast refs.
If anything, this year will show even the deniers just how ****ing corrupt our game is up here.

Hibs90
26-12-2020, 01:24 PM
Need to come out and call it out. Sitting in dignified silence will do us no favours here. Call the cheating **** out.

h1bs4life
26-12-2020, 01:25 PM
Cheat how the hell was that not a penalty for the high boot against Newell . No doubt be ignored by sky / press.
Hopefully Jack Ross call him out for it in his interview.
3 minutes injury time ? Arfield was down longer than that

stoneyburn hibs
26-12-2020, 01:26 PM
Hun prick

ronaldo7
26-12-2020, 01:27 PM

Definite pen. He had a clear view on that one. I can understand why he didn't give the one on porteous.

expresso
26-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Not sure how anyone can say the refereeing was fine.
Collum gave them every 50:50 he has to make sure he’s not stopped from refereeing their games again like last year.
At least one of the 2 penalty shouts would have been given at the other end.
Think Doidge was a big loss as we missed his outlet in such a tight game.

stoneyburn hibs
26-12-2020, 01:28 PM
I'm with you on this.

Newell high boot ?

Vault Boy
26-12-2020, 01:32 PM
Newell high boot ?

My reply was during the first half, where there wasn't anything major.

His second half was absolutely shameful.

Pretty Boy
The worst of a really bad bunch.

Either completely incompetent and promoted way beyond his ability or a cheat. He's a horibble referee in every single area.

Makes bad decisions, makes rash decisions and inconsistent.

Flanny boy
Collum is a cheat simple as that .Anywhere else on the pitch hagi kicking Newell on the head is a foul but it’s the same old refereeing decisions at Ibrox

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-12-2020, 01:34 PM
He has bottled the Hagi one.

hibIBZ
26-12-2020, 01:34 PM
Should of had a penalty, no doubt.

Rangers could of had a penalty

Other than that, it was as good as any ref from Scotland. There was plenty of niggling fouls from both teams but no need to start showing cards.

Hibs90
26-12-2020, 01:37 PM

Other than that, it was as good as any ref from Scotland. There was plenty of niggling fouls from both teams but no need to start showing cards.
No he was a cheat

Callum_62
26-12-2020, 01:38 PM
Is it 2-0 yet?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

ACLeith
26-12-2020, 01:41 PM
Fir me only one stonewaller so for him at their place probably better than normal! I know a young lad doing well as a ref and trying to make it up the ladder but as he is from the east coast he’s hitting his head off a brick wall.

For those who get frustrated at this my father used to rant about the same the only difference was that was from the 1930s onwards 😡😡

lord bunberry
26-12-2020, 01:46 PM

It was never a penalty for rangers, Tavernier kicked Porteous and tried to con the referee.

JohnM1875
26-12-2020, 01:47 PM
It was never a penalty for rangers, Tavernier kicked Porteous and tried to con the referee.

Exactly how I saw it as well. Never a pen. Whereas the high boot on Newell is a stick on. Even Boyd thought they got away with it.

stoneyburn hibs
26-12-2020, 01:55 PM
My reply was during the first half, where there wasn't anything major.

His second half was absolutely shameful.

Fair doo's

uwxm07
26-12-2020, 02:22 PM

I shouted “book him for cheating” as soon as he dived

Smartie
26-12-2020, 02:42 PM
Someone mentioned on the match thread, it was glossed over, but I wondered - is “high boot” or dangerous play not an indirect free kick rather than a penalty?

Does it matter if the boot makes contact ie a boot in the face that stops a player getting to the ball might be direct free kick / penalty, but dangerous play that doesn’t make contact is an indirect free kick?

I wasn’t as irate as everyone else for this reason - I thought it would be an indirect free kick in the box rather than a penalty.

???

bigwheel
26-12-2020, 02:45 PM
Someone mentioned on the match thread, it was glossed over, but I wondered - is “high boot” or dangerous play not an indirect free kick rather than a penalty?

Does it matter if the boot makes contact ie a boot in the face that stops a player getting to the ball might be direct free kick / penalty, but dangerous play that doesn’t make contact is an indirect free kick?

I wasn’t as irate as everyone else for this reason - I thought it would be an indirect free kick in the box rather than a penalty.

???

If there’s contact it is classified as dangerous play = penalty

Berwickhibby
26-12-2020, 02:52 PM

Exactly, I was going to post the same

weecounty hibby
26-12-2020, 03:07 PM
The Newall incident is a penalty all day long. The Porteous one could easily have been given as well. And there is all the evidence you need to know that VAR will never come to Scotland. They can use the old referee only gets one look and in real time excuse as much as they want but with VAR they'd need to be more creative with the cheating and the lies. **** the Huns.

Monts
26-12-2020, 03:11 PM
The Newall incident is a penalty all day long. The Porteous one could easily have been given as well. And there is all the evidence you need to know that VAR will never come to Scotland. They can use the old referee only gets one look and in real time excuse as much as they want but with VAR they'd need to be more creative with the cheating and the lies. **** the Huns.

Unfortunately I think var in Scotland, with the referees we have, would've given rangers a penalty for the tavernier one.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 03:45 PM
He's been absolutely fine. Delusional threads blaming the ref are better left to the likes of the Old Firm. :rolleyes:

:faf::faf:

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 03:50 PM
The worst of a really bad bunch.

Either completely incompetent and promoted way beyond his ability or a cheat. He's a horibble referee in every single area.

Makes bad decisions, makes rash decisions and inconsistent.

Agree doesn't in any way imo understand the game. Completely spineless petrified to give us a pen in the semi final in injury time and again today. Corrupt pure and simple. Will no doubt have someone come along and say it evens itself out, it doesn't.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 03:52 PM

:greengrin

allmodcons
26-12-2020, 04:52 PM
Easily the worst referee in the top flight.

As I've said before, just looks like he's never kicked a football in the life.

Billy Whizz
26-12-2020, 04:56 PM
I don’t know that Rangers haven’t conceded a penalty yet this season in the league, that’s a staggering stat

Crab apple
26-12-2020, 05:02 PM
I don’t know that Rangers haven’t conceded a penalty yet this season in the league, that’s a staggering stat

Not really surprised. It’s been going on for years. I’m still annoyed by the 79 final against them when we were denied a stonewaller. Today was a blatant pen and Collum is a very poor ref. I did think that the absence of crowds this season may start to level things out a bit but it appears not.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Easily the worst referee in the top flight.

As I've said before, just looks like he's never kicked a football in the life.

Absolutely spot on doesn't understand the game very similar to Clancy. Obviously in the IN crowd of untouchable western based refs

Carheenlea
26-12-2020, 05:07 PM
The man is not fit to referee games at the top level.

Always makes games all about him rather than the two teams competing.

Hibee Mac
26-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Totally agree that he is the worst professional referee in Scotland. He's been at the helm of some truly dreadful refereeing 'performances'.

Absolute joke that this guy continues to get games, there must be better out there

Chorley Hibee
26-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Agree doesn't in any way imo understand the game. Completely spineless petrified to give us a pen in the semi final in injury time and again today. Corrupt pure and simple. Will no doubt have someone come along and say it evens itself out, it doesn't.

Correct, he's done us over in two of the biggest games of our season.

Let's keep a dignified silence about it though - as it's worked so well for us thus far. 🙄

Time to start making a noise about it.

SouthMoroccoStu
26-12-2020, 06:45 PM
Collum at his best again.Totaly useless

Cheating see you next Tuesday

NO SENSIBLE PERSON would call That an error

He’s the perfect example why they’ll never make refs accountable for their actions in Scotland

GFA CHEATS

Iggy Pope
26-12-2020, 06:50 PM
This is the man the Huns like to refer to as Father Collum.

Iggy Pope
26-12-2020, 06:52 PM

Have man, HAVE. C’mon. Up the game a bit, twice in one post.

hibbysam
26-12-2020, 07:34 PM
Beyond the penalties, the fact Ryan Kent wasn’t booked through the game is incredible. Committed 5/6 fouls the whole game, 3 bad ones, one that wasn’t even given as the advantage was played when Newell played Boyle through first half. To think Gogic was booked for persistent fouling yet Kent wasn’t was mental.

Irish_Steve
26-12-2020, 09:20 PM
I don't think Collum is a cheat, I just think he is totally inept and completely out of his depth.

Rangers player gets a knock on the ankle and he stops play. Now, as far as I am aware, Collum should have ignored that and played on

Joe gets a boot to the head and goes down holding his head and it doesn't really matter if the contact was slight. If a player goes down with a head-knock, it's an automatic break in play

Somehow he managed to get both these simple calls wrong, as I said, totally inept

MrRobot
26-12-2020, 09:22 PM
Thought he was OK until it came to stopping play for hagi getting an ankle knock but not for newell going down holding his head. It was a penalty no doubt and he didn’t want to give it.

Irish_Steve
26-12-2020, 09:28 PM
Thought he was OK until it came to stopping play for hagi getting an ankle knock but not for newell going down holding his head. It was a penalty no doubt and he didn’t want to give it.

See above lol

zitelli62
26-12-2020, 09:40 PM
Not really surprised. It’s been going on for years. I’m still annoyed by the 79 final against them when we were denied a stonewaller. Today was a blatant pen and Collum is a very poor ref. I did think that the absence of crowds this season may start to level things out a bit but it appears not.
Was defo a stonewall penalty and would have won us the cup though on the other hand we would not have had 2016 still getting a penalty in Glasgow is almost impossible.

Wheat Hound
26-12-2020, 09:52 PM
Hagi and Arfield spent more than 3 minutes on the deck in that second half, not counting the several subs and other stoppages and yet 3 mins injury time is the call. Guaranteed minimium 5 mins if Sevco are 1-0 down.

MrRobot
26-12-2020, 10:08 PM
Thought he was OK until it came to stopping play for hagi getting an ankle knock but not for newell going down holding his head.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 10:52 PM
I don't think Collum is a cheat, I just think he is totally inept and completely out of his depth.

Rangers player gets a knock on the ankle and he stops play. Now, as far as I am aware, Collum should have ignored that and played on

Joe gets a boot to the head and goes down holding his head and it doesn't really matter if the contact was slight. If a player goes down with a head-knock, it's an automatic break in play

Somehow he managed to get both these simple calls wrong, as I said, totally inept

Afraid what you describe is cheating giving decisions for one team he wouldn't give to the other. He knows what he is doing.

tamig
26-12-2020, 11:38 PM

Does my ****ing heid. Too much of it on this forum and others have pointed it out to a few of the usual suspects. Unfortunately they keep letting the side down. Pish patter and seems to be something thats crept into the language over the past few years.

Monts
27-12-2020, 07:33 AM
Has Jack Ross had an apology yet?

You can bet that if it was the other way around he would've been straight into Gerrard's dressing room grovelling away.

Sammy7nil
27-12-2020, 08:02 AM

Does my ****ing heid. Too much of it on this forum and others have pointed it out to a few of the usual suspects. Unfortunately they keep letting the side down. Pish patter and seems to be something thats crept into the language over the past few years.

You both need to get out more - it is a fans forum not a writing club. :greengrin

neil7908
27-12-2020, 08:09 AM

You can bet that if it was the other way around he would've been straight into Gerrard's dressing room grovelling away.

I've just read Jacks comments after the game and I think he's a bit too understanding. We should be really highlighting this in the press and asking for an explanation as to why it isn't given.

JimBHibees
27-12-2020, 08:37 AM

No need because he would have given it to Rangers. Agree with your point however with Collum he would be apologising most weeks. Given he got all of the big decisions wrong in the semi final and now this you have to assume people that decide these things are happy with his performances. Honestly no idea how he lives with himself getting regularly huge decisions wrong, really needs to stick to the day job if he doesn't have the backbone to not give a decision he is 2 yards away from. Coward in my book. Hibs should call it out more however would probably mean we get worse decisions given the personalities and refereeing culture involved.

JimBHibees
27-12-2020, 08:39 AM
I've just read Jacks comments after the game and I think he's a bit too understanding. We should be really highlighting this in the press and asking for an explanation as to why it isn't given.

The interview on sky he seemed to be complaining more about the Porto one which I didn't really understand as Newell one is more obvious given the proximity to the referee jeez you could tell with Hagis reaction it was a stick on pen.

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2020, 08:57 AM

The problem is, as soon as you question the refs decisions your up on charges for bringing the game into disrepute

No accountability, no change

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2020, 09:02 AM
What annoyed me, almost as much as the penalties, or lack off, was Collum blowing the whistle for the “injured” Hagi, he slides in trying to take Newall’s ankle, and he stops play for a non head injury?

Why?

Would love to hear him justifying that one

JohnMcM
27-12-2020, 09:52 AM
It’s quite simple really.

Either Collum himself or the authorities declare he is incompetent and he is remove from the approved referees list, or, they or he explain his decision publicly.

If it isn’t incompetence what is it?

JimBHibees
27-12-2020, 09:56 AM
What annoyed me, almost as much as the penalties, or lack off, was Collum blowing the whistle for the “injured” Hagi, he slides in trying to take Newall’s ankle, and he stops play for a non head injury?

Why?

Especially in comparison to not stopping the game for Newell head knock though that probably allowed him to convince himself he didn't see it. :rolleyes:

neil7908
27-12-2020, 09:56 AM

Why?

Agreed. Completely against the current rules on injuries.

greenlex
27-12-2020, 10:49 AM
You both need to get out more - it is a fans forum not a writing club. :greengrin

Maybe so but it’s ****ing sloppy. Standards and all that.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 10:51 AM

Basic stuff, their mothers would be so disappointed. Not to mention their teachers. And one of mine looks in on here.

greenginger
27-12-2020, 11:16 AM
I’m guessing Colum didn’t think Hagi’s boot made contact with Newell’s head hence no penalty or stoppage for head injury.

At the very least it should have been an indirect free kick for dangerous play ( if such things exist any more )

fiolex1
27-12-2020, 12:55 PM
I always thought the large home support and away support of the old firm influenced the referees. However this season has proven that this is nonsense and it is just a refereeing bias In favour of these two clubs.

Hibernia&Alba
27-12-2020, 01:18 PM
Collum put in a disgraceful performance yesterday. He let the Huns off with persistent fouling and was much more eager to penalise us. Worst of all, obviously, was the penalty he failed to award us. A clear high foot to the head, which he saw, yet chose to do nothing. It's the same old story when going to Ibrox and Parkhead. Difficult anyway, visitors must also beat the officials. We were diddled out of a draw, no question.

CMurdoch
28-12-2020, 10:56 PM
Collum put in a disgraceful performance yesterday. He let the Huns off with persistent fouling and was much more eager to penalise us. Worst of all, obviously, was the penalty he failed to award us. A clear high foot to the head, which he saw, yet chose to do nothing. It's the same old story when going to Ibrox and Parkhead. Difficult anyway, visitors must also beat the officials. We were diddled out of a draw, no question.

Joe Newell was demanding a spot-kick after Ianis Hagi's high boot appeared to catch the midfielder inside the area. Manager Jack Ross also deemed it a stonewaller, but Gallagher was not convinced.
Speaking in Sky Sports' ref watch, the retired whistler said: "The problem is for it to be a penalty, he has to make physical contact. if you look, I don't think (Hagi) does. I think his boot is high but he doesn't actually catch the player. It's very much like Ruben Dias and Danny Ings that we discussed last week.

"I don't think physical contact is made with the player so the referee cannot give a penalty."

What do you think of them potatoes?

hibbysam
28-12-2020, 11:08 PM
Joe Newell was demanding a spot-kick after Ianis Hagi's high boot appeared to catch the midfielder inside the area. Manager Jack Ross also deemed it a stonewaller, but Gallagher was not convinced.
Speaking in Sky Sports' ref watch, the retired whistler said: "The problem is for it to be a penalty, he has to make physical contact. if you look, I don't think (Hagi) does. I think his boot is high but he doesn't actually catch the player. It's very much like Ruben Dias and Danny Ings that we discussed last week.

"I don't think physical contact is made with the player so the referee cannot give a penalty."

Hagi’s foot doesn’t make direct contact with Newell, he’s right, however his boot and Newell’s head make contact with the ball at the same time, if the ball isn’t there he boots Newell’s head. That’s contact to me. If a player flies in two footed and gets the ball onto the oppositions leg, it’s still a direct free kick. If a player manages to evade a horror tackle, it’s still a direct free kick. Just because they don’t have the audacity to ensure they suffer a concussion or a broken leg means they should be penalised, no chance. A foul should be a foul and this ‘indirect free kick’ pish should be fired in the bin.

Tyler Durden
29-12-2020, 08:27 AM

Pretty stupid from Gallagher. The same Sun article quotes the rule which makes clear that contact is not required. The offending player only needs to potentially endanger the opponent (preventing them from cleanly going for the ball for fear of a boot in the head basically). The rule would suggest it was a penalty

green.oracle
29-12-2020, 08:33 AM

Spot on.

Interesting to see if and when collum's bad decisions against Hibs are going to even themselves out. Just look at his derby record.

Aldo
29-12-2020, 08:34 AM
Collum should have stopped the game regardless of his decision not to give a penalty as a player went down holding his head.

I thought this was protocol for every head knock??

Given his piss poor decision I’m actually surprised he didn’t book Newell for endangering Hagi’s boot and having his head too high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
29-12-2020, 10:26 AM
Spot on.

Interesting to see if and when collum's bad decisions against Hibs are going to even themselves out. Just look at his derby record.

Yep he appears to have taken on the Craig Thompson role. Struggling to remember a meaningful decision he had given us ( the penalty he did give in the semi would be one which he immediately evened up, both wrong of course) two retrospective red cards in derbies both in first half of games. Think he bottles it. Can't remember much moaning about Collum from Hearts recently wonder why that is.

EI255
29-12-2020, 11:45 AM
Collum truly is a fart worthy of swatting with a bat.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk