PDA

View Full Version : Karamoko Dembele

Dr What If?
25-12-2020, 06:24 PM
Not one for taking an interest in other clubs players but as a Scotland fan this boy caught my interest. After he 'declared' for England I lost interest but I note Rangers are in the press showing interest in his brother (hence the reason I remembered him). So what has happened with this young lad? He was billed as being a mega star in the making, is he still around or are we looking at the next Islam Feruz....brilliant for his age but couldn't make the step up to the mans game? Note that from checking Wiki that Feruz has given up football now....only 25 too.....to think at one point the press was panicking when he ditched Scotland in the hope of getting other options.

Billy Whizz
25-12-2020, 06:36 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/karamoko-dembele-leaves-celtic-disappointed-23128338.amp

Says it all on here. I’ve seen him play against Hibs development team on quite a few occasions, apart from one or two good moments, hasn’t been overly impressive

He’s really really small as well, so unless you’re Messi, need to be top notch to play at a high level

Dr What If?
25-12-2020, 06:57 PM
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/karamoko-dembele-leaves-celtic-disappointed-23128338.amp

Says it all on here. I’ve seen him play against Hibs development team on quite a few occasions, apart from one or two good moments, hasn’t been overly impressive

He’s really really small as well, so unless you’re Messi, need to be top notch to play at a high level

Thanks for that, did think it had gone quiet. Not much the poor lad can do about is physical development (I assume they mean height and bone structure), the 'attitude' bit though, that is a shame. From the press reports that is what Feruz's downfall was, lapped up the hype, believed he had made it before having made a single senior appearance. I remember him being at Hibs, don't remember ever having seen him at Hibs though.
For the sake of Karamoko, hope he gets the move he needs, one where he has the right people around him and get him back on track.

CMurdoch
25-12-2020, 08:26 PM
18 in February so has lots of time on his side including to physically development.
Celtic are going to be turned over here when a big team gamble on him in the summer for the price of a development fee.
The kid will no doubt get his head down again and progress.
Can't see him being an arse like Feruz but could still ultimately struggle to reach the big time in the mans game.