PDA

View Full Version : Last Night in Scottish football

CMurdoch
24-12-2020, 06:03 PM
I looked at the form of clubs below 4th last night and St Mirren and Livingston stick out like a sore thumb as the form teams so a good win to beat St Mirren last night. As ever you play as well as you are allowed to by the opposition which made for a tough night.

Elsewhere, McNulty & Shankland scored good goals playing inside two decent wide players so maybe they are going to hit a bit of form, strange to see Motherwell taking 4 points out of 6 against Aberdeen when we amassed brussel sprout and finally St Johnstone keeper Clark had an absolute horror game against Rangers gifting them chances and goals.
I also noted Griffiths making a mess of two one on ones with the keeper before finally scoring with a header last night. Would have got dugs abuse on here if he was playing for Hibs.

What of interest did you guys spot in last nights games?

ac1
24-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Will be interesting if Yogi can get Ross County playing where Killie end up? They could be in bother if they don't improve. I think they have enough quality to start moving up the table but there is nothing worse than being dragged into a relegation fight as we know....

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Looking at the 2 teams we have to play after the Huns. Ross County at ER should be 3 points. Maybe Yogi will have them up for it but it's as much a banker than any other game I could imagine.

Livi seem to have come into decent form since sacking Gary Holt. I dont know much about the new guy other than the obvious off field things he's done years ago, but they are on form so will be a hard game.

I think all the teams at the bottom will be quite similar and dont see there being a side who will be left adrift like the Yams last season.

CMurdoch
25-12-2020, 09:30 PM
Looking at the 2 teams we have to play after the Huns. Ross County at ER should be 3 points. Maybe Yogi will have them up for it but it's as much a banker than any other game I could imagine.

Livi seem to have come into decent form since sacking Gary Holt. I dont know much about the new guy other than the obvious off field things he's done years ago, but they are on form so will be a hard game.

I think all the teams at the bottom will be quite similar and dont see there being a side who will be left adrift like the Yams last season.

There is no denying that the Livingston players are doing the business for Martindale winning their last 3 league games which now sees them 3 points behind 5th place Dundee Utd with a game in hand.
Speaking of Livingston, I note Efe Ambrose is always on the bench and generally doesn't get on. Has he given up trying? When he left us 2 years ago he was top notch and now he can't even get a game for Livingston