PDA

View Full Version : Away changing rooms

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2020, 11:05 PM
AWAY CHANGING ROOMS

Stupid question but in this age of social distancing I have noticed that the away teams always go towards the South Stand at half time and full time

Does anyone know if we have converted part of the South with Changing Rooms and Showers or do we use portakabins or the South part of the West?

Just curious anyone know ?

BoomtownHibees
23-12-2020, 11:06 PM
AWAY CHANGING ROOMS

Stupid question but in this age of social distancing I have noticed that the away teams always go towards the South Stand at half time and full time

Does anyone know if we have converted part of the South with Changing Rooms and Showers or do we use portakabins or the South part of the West?

Just curious anyone know ?

It’s basically chairs laid out in the concourse

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2020, 11:07 PM
It’s basically chairs laid out in the concourse

Showers?

Juniper Greens
23-12-2020, 11:12 PM
Showers?

Sure I read that Away teams aren't showering at the moment.

John Robertson complained that it's not fair for ICT as they are then driving up the road for three hours

BoomtownHibees
23-12-2020, 11:15 PM
Showers?

None

CentreLine
23-12-2020, 11:18 PM
In the past we have seen away team players coming and going, one at a time, along the track to the main stand for a shower. Quite funny seeing them trotting by the background of the studio shots with just a towel on. Not noticed since the darker and colder nights have come in.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2020, 11:42 PM
None

Hot running water might be a problem I suppose but surely not in the home changing room but should be the same for both

Onceinawhile
23-12-2020, 11:44 PM
Hot running water might be a problem I suppose but surely not in the home changing room but should be the same for both

I'm not 100%,but I don't think our players can show either?

hibbysam
23-12-2020, 11:46 PM
Home team split between both dressing rooms, away team in south concourse. Fairly sure players can shower but only 2/3 at a time IIRC and need to use the showers in the old changing rooms.

matty_f
24-12-2020, 12:17 AM
Home team split between both dressing rooms, away team in south concourse. Fairly sure players can shower but only 2/3 at a time IIRC and need to use the showers in the old changing rooms.

I believe this is right.

Robbo6-2
24-12-2020, 06:09 AM
How ridiculous is it the players can grabble at corners,tackle and celebrate a goal yet canny have a shower.

Its things like that, that just piss me off about the whole situation

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2020, 08:18 AM
How ridiculous is it the players can grabble at corners,tackle and celebrate a goal yet canny have a shower.

I thought it was due to the time limit - if you’re around someone at a corner it’s over quickly whereas in a changing room it’s >15 mins.

Peevemor
24-12-2020, 08:48 AM
There's an excellent insight here which was first posted a few months ago.

https://medium.com/@colinmillar/what-goes-on-behind-closed-doors-at-easter-road-be45482702d4

CockneyRebel
24-12-2020, 08:53 AM
I thought it was due to the time limit - if you’re around someone at a corner it’s over quickly whereas in a changing room it’s >15 mins.

A bit longer if you drop the soap.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 08:55 AM

It certainly doesn't make much sense to me either.

Frazerbob
24-12-2020, 08:56 AM

Stop boasting

Juniper Greens
24-12-2020, 08:57 AM

So from the article posted, it looks like players can shower

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 08:59 AM

I get that it's probably a reduced risk at a corner or during a goal celebration etc than it is if you're sitting together during a pre-match team talk etc but if you have Covid-19 and someone's hugging and kissing you and jumping all over you during a goal celebration then I'm not sure that the risk of transmission will be very low.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 09:00 AM
Stop boasting

Eh? :dunno:

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2020, 09:00 AM
There's an excellent insight here which was first posted a few months ago.

https://medium.com/@colinmillar/what-goes-on-behind-closed-doors-at-easter-road-be45482702d4

Perfect thanks for posting

👍🏿

Peevemor
24-12-2020, 09:02 AM
I get that it's probably a reduced risk at a corner or during a goal celebration etc than it is if you're sitting together during a pre-match team talk etc but if you have Covid-19 and someone's hugging and kissing you and jumping all over you during a goal celebration then I'm not sure that the risk of transmission will be very low.Most goal celebrations have been far more subdued than before. Obviously certain goals will provoke a greater reaction, but it's pretty clear that the players are generally toning things down.

matty_f
24-12-2020, 09:04 AM

You're right - I think there's also a thing about the steam carrying particles as well, which makes transmission easier.

The amount of time players spend in close proximity to each other over the course of a match is fairly minimal and is seen as an acceptable risk.

The Baldmans Comb
24-12-2020, 09:51 AM

Players celebrating at a goal or grappling at corners is seen as a miniscule risk as you are only talking about seconds of contact which takes place outside with air feely circulating.

Showering would involve around 5 to 10 minutes in a very enclosed area with no air circulating and allowing Covid particles to build up in the atmosphere hence the reason showering is allowed but restricted to 2 people very socially distanced.

EI255
24-12-2020, 12:18 PM
Sure I read that Away teams aren't showering at the moment.

John Robertson complained that it's not fair for ICT as they are then driving up the road for three hoursIs JR for real? FFS, there are 1000s dying and he complains about a bus journey. Deflection tactic for his piss poor side.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
24-12-2020, 12:45 PM
Is JR for real? FFS, there are 1000s dying and he complains about a bus journey. Deflection tactic for his piss poor side.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk90 mins in the pissing rain and covered in mud? It can't be beyond the possible to get cleaned up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Peevemor
24-12-2020, 01:29 PM
90 mins in the pissing rain and covered in mud? It can't be beyond the possible to get cleaned up.

Sent from my SM-G965F using TapatalkThey can shower, but they have to go from the South stand to the changing rooms to do it and half the showers are blocked off.