PDA

View Full Version : Hibs tv coverage tonight

h1bs4life
23-12-2020, 08:43 PM
What was going on tonight with the coverage of the game.
The amount of time spent on close ups on players / managers when the game was going on in the background was unbelievable.
Not up to the usual high standard we have been getting of home games so far.
Hopefully just a one off.

kaimendhibs
23-12-2020, 09:10 PM
Noticed that too, annoying

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
23-12-2020, 09:16 PM
Are we able to see the Rangers game on Hibs pass or is it only for international viewers.

seanshow
23-12-2020, 09:17 PM
The one good thing about live coverage of world cups and the euros is, they are very strict on showing the ball live in play, an absolute no brainer of LIVE football coverage you would presume! lol

I try to avoid watching football on tv, and last night was a prime example why.
Blood boiling interference by production staff, for all the reasons you mentioned above, and just end up shouting at the screen as the game goes on out of view.

Great three points though. :greengrin

23-12-2020, 09:17 PM
Can only assume we were getting the images that will be on BBC Alba as they covered the match.

H18 SFR
23-12-2020, 09:18 PM
It was the BBC Alba feed tonight. Might explain it.

The Harp Awakes
23-12-2020, 09:23 PM
The stuttering of the stream was annoying. Having said that I thought the presentation was first class. Farid and Russell's contributions was top drawer.

c31
23-12-2020, 09:51 PM
The stuttering of the stream was annoying. Having said that I thought the presentation was first class. Farid and Russell's contributions was top drawer.

It only stuttered once for me so I wasn't aware of Nisbets' miss in the second half till I came on here!!
Read on twitter that Cliffs/Tams commentary was also going out worldwide including on ESPN in the USA via the SPFL International channel.

Irish_Steve
23-12-2020, 09:56 PM
I watched it on my Amazon Firestick using the Prime internet (or whatever it is called) for the first time tonight and a couple of times if froze completely and I had to go onto a different link. Anyone else experience this?

Sir David Gray
23-12-2020, 09:57 PM
Are we able to see the Rangers game on Hibs pass or is it only for international viewers.

Hibspass is only for home games so it wouldn't be on there anyway.

However it's a Sky game in the UK and Ireland so it won't be shown on Rangers' equivalent except for their own season ticket holders. It will be shown on Hibs TV international and for anyone in the UK or Ireland you'll get live commentary through Hibs TV rather than Hibspass.

davhibby
23-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Hibs don’t control the cameras. Tonight it would’ve been Alba and iirc normally it’ll be Sky

OtleyHibs
23-12-2020, 10:01 PM
I watched it on my Amazon Firestick using the Prime internet (or whatever it is called) for the first time tonight and a couple of times if froze completely and I had to go onto a different link. Anyone else experience this?

I watch through a smart tv and have bought every home stream so far. Tonight was the first time I’ve had to change link, it froze and then got too blurry to see. I changed to link 2 and no issues after that. No other match has required a link change.

Overall I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality and stability, one issue in however many matches we’ve had is not worth moaning about, I expected this to be a regular problem.

Living down south I wish these streams were an option regardless of any pandemic 👍

tamig
23-12-2020, 10:03 PM

Away games are never available on Hibspass. Its on Sky in any case.

Edit - SDG beat me to it while I was otherwise occupied.

h1bs4life
23-12-2020, 10:50 PM
It was the BBC Alba feed tonight. Might explain it.

Wasn't aware of that apologies to Hibs TV crew , there was a few times they were commentating on what was going on the pitch while we were looking at pictures of the St Mirren bench.

Prof. Shaggy
23-12-2020, 11:27 PM
I've noticed that a lot on Alba over the years.

18Craig75
24-12-2020, 06:43 AM
David Tanner specifically said “The Match is back on Boxing Day, live from Ibrox”. Correct me if I’m wrong but international subscribers only get the game?, not the pre match stuff, at away games.

It made me think Rangers are allowing us to control our own stream & pre-match? Tanner has also presented for Rangers TV, maybe we’re doing a joint one 😂

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2020, 06:49 AM

As Tamig says it is on Sky One FOC as a wee Xmas present to viewers

Here’s hoping for a good result

Programme starts 12 noon

Hibs Class
24-12-2020, 07:02 AM

I watch via the Firestick too, last night was the worst I’ve had this season. I missed the first half as I was out, but in second half there were 4/5 times when the picture got blurry for half a minute or so before clearing, and it froze completely just after full time and I couldn’t get it back.

Brunswickbill
24-12-2020, 07:03 AM

Programme starts 12 noon

Thanks for pointing this out. It would have passed me by otherwise.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2020, 07:11 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. It would have passed me by otherwise.

👍🏿

Nae bother

Have a good one Bill 🎅

Carheenlea
24-12-2020, 07:13 AM
David Tanner specifically said “The Match is back on Boxing Day, live from Ibrox”. Correct me if I’m wrong but international subscribers only get the game?, not the pre match stuff, at away games.

It made me think Rangers are allowing us to control our own stream & pre-match? Tanner has also presented for Rangers TV, maybe we’re doing a joint one 😂

When the advert for the Rangers came up I was a bit confused but thought there may have been a special exception for fans at Christmas or something. I’m hoping so as I don’t have Sky. Saying the game is “free” is a bit of a lie as you can’t seem to get Sky 1 without paying a subscription.

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2020, 07:15 AM
When the advert for the Rangers came up I was a bit confused but thought there may have been a special exception for fans at Christmas or something. I’m hoping so as I don’t have Sky. Saying the game is “free” is a bit of a lie as you can’t seem to get Sky 1 without paying a subscription.

Should be on freeview if you retune your telly ?

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 07:26 AM

I wasn't aware that Sky 1 was available on Freeview? When did that happen? :confused:

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2020, 07:31 AM
I wasn't aware that Sky 1 was available on Freeview? When did that happen? :confused:

Dunno I have it as one of my free Channels with Virgin
Pretty sure it came up when I retuned all my tellys to the new transmitter

Might be talking pish not a technophobe

BILLYHIBS
24-12-2020, 07:43 AM

Apologies just checked not available on freeview

Virgin Channel 109 HD

JimBHibees
24-12-2020, 07:46 AM

Programme starts 12 noon

Yes I knew that re sky one. It was just the way Tanner said about all games being live over festive period as if it was something different. Would prefer listening to a Hibs commentary rather than the Rangers sky crew.

jeffers
24-12-2020, 08:07 AM
Not that I’m bothered as I have Sky, but Tanner definitely gave the impression it was on Hibs TV same as the home games have been. My mate seemed to think we were able to do so as Sky were showing it for free.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 08:12 AM
Apologies just checked not available on freeview

Virgin Channel 109 HD

Ok thanks I didn't think so.

Carheenlea
24-12-2020, 08:14 AM

Not that I’m bothered as I have Sky, but Tanner definitely gave the impression it was on Hibs TV same as the home games have been. My mate seemed to think we were able to do so as Sky were showing it for free.

Here’s hoping 🤞

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 08:16 AM

Yes he definitely did but I'm sure he also did that earlier in the season too for another away game.

Saturday's game definitely won't be on anything other than Sky Sports/Sky 1 unless you're a Rangers season ticket holder or you live outside the UK or Ireland.

Danderhall Hibs
24-12-2020, 08:20 AM
Yes he definitely did but I'm sure he also did that earlier in the season too for another away game.

Saturday's game definitely won't be on anything other than Sky Sports/Sky 1 unless you're a Rangers season ticket holder or you live outside the UK or Ireland.

He does it almost every week - comms from the club were fairly clear (I thought) but for those that didn’t think so Tanner does add even more confusion.

Peevemor
24-12-2020, 08:38 AM
He does it almost every week - comms from the club were fairly clear (I thought) but for those that didn’t think so Tanner does add even more confusion.But he does it in an enthusiastic way.

HibeesLA
24-12-2020, 09:33 PM
He does it almost every week - comms from the club were fairly clear (I thought) but for those that didn’t think so Tanner does add even more confusion.

It's live for International subscribers, so I'm assuming he's probably referring to that, not the Hibs Pass holders?

FilipinoHibs
25-12-2020, 09:49 AM
I watch through a smart tv and have bought every home stream so far. Tonight was the first time I’ve had to change link, it froze and then got too blurry to see. I changed to link 2 and no issues after that. No other match has required a link change.

Overall I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the quality and stability, one issue in however many matches we’ve had is not worth moaning about, I expected this to be a regular problem.

Living down south I wish these streams were an option regardless of any pandemic 👍

On Hibs TV player 3 that works best best in the Philipppines went fuzzy. Switched to player 3 and clear as a bell. But my internet dropped after 85 mins.