PDA

View Full Version : Free kicks

ancient hibee
23-12-2020, 07:19 PM
We deserved to win,almost despite ourselves but as on Saturday our delivery of the ball to the attackers was generally poor.However our free kicks weren’t poor they were abysmal and hardly credible in a professional team. When are we going to learn to play the ball short of an attacker so that the defender can only go through him to get the ball.As for putting a free kick straight out of play,unforgivable .

kaimendhibs
23-12-2020, 07:24 PM
We won

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

flash
23-12-2020, 07:26 PM
We deserved to win,almost despite ourselves but as on Saturday our delivery of the ball to the attackers was generally poor.However our free kicks weren’t poor they were abysmal and hardly credible in a professional team. When are we going to learn to play the ball short of an attacker so that the defender can only go through him to get the ball.As for putting a free kick straight out of play,unforgivable .
I forgive them.

BILLYHIBS
23-12-2020, 10:03 PM

Didn’t see the match was it Hallberg again?

Serious question

easty
23-12-2020, 10:07 PM
There was one from out in our right wing tonight, think Newell put it in and it went straight out for a goal kick. I’m pretty sure it bounced before it went out though, and we should’ve had a man there.

HappyAsHellas
23-12-2020, 10:50 PM
Newell put the ball in and it was screaming out for someone at the back post - no takers though.

wookie70
23-12-2020, 11:00 PM
Newell put the ball in and it was screaming out for someone at the back post - no takers though.Agreed, the delivery was fine but the understanding lacking. It defeats me why every set play in the final third isn't organised like American football football or a Rugby line out. At the very least the attackers should know where the delivery is intended to go and runs should be designed around that

Eyrie
24-12-2020, 09:52 AM
Agreed, the delivery was fine but the understanding lacking. It defeats me why every set play in the final third isn't organised like American football football or a Rugby line out. At the very least the attackers should know where the delivery is intended to go and runs should be designed around that

Agreed.

The actual delivery may not be as accurate as Marino or Rodgers, but it shouldn't be yards off.

linlithgowhibbie
24-12-2020, 04:03 PM
How many did Jim O'rourke score from 2 or 3 yards out by sneaking round the back ?

Answer, dozens. Petrie sort it!!!!!:greengrin

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2020, 05:52 PM
How many did Jim O'rourke score from 2 or 3 yards out by sneaking round the back ?

Answer, dozens. Petrie sort it!!!!!:greengrin

He also took a pretty mean free kick, up and over the wall or around it, sometimes twice after having to retake.
:greengrin:greengrin

ancient hibee
26-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Sorry to bring this back but in a game where they are going to have twice as much possession as us dead ball situations matter so much.Ours were really bad even having a player offside when Newell had a free kick in a dangerous position. There really is no excuse and the coaches are letting the team down if thy’re Not hammering it home.

ancient hibee
30-12-2020, 05:59 PM
I know it’s monotonous but we’ve wasted all the chances from dead ball either by poor delivery or fouling in the box.Pathetic.

The Harp Awakes
30-12-2020, 07:14 PM

Set pieces very poor again tonight. Need to get this sorted in training and then on the pitch pronto.