PDA

View Full Version : Martin Boyle

lord bunberry
23-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Back on it and the difference tonight.

tamig
23-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Back on it and the difference tonight.

He was decent again but Joe Newell the main man for me.

Vault Boy
23-12-2020, 06:59 PM
Quality. That goal a few weeks back really revitalised him.

CmoantheHibs
23-12-2020, 07:03 PM
Played very well tonight. Seems to have his mojo back. Must be one of the most fouled players in the league.

yerauldda
23-12-2020, 07:03 PM

This. What a player. That burst into the box in the second half wasn’t unlike another left footed CM that recently played for us. A cut above most midfielders in the league at present.

Septimus
23-12-2020, 07:10 PM

Until the last ten minutes or so Newell was really good and then he tired. I thought that Wright showed a little bit of his potential tonight.

chrisski33
23-12-2020, 07:13 PM
Transfer window opening soon? Maybe im just cynical

SaulGoodman
23-12-2020, 07:13 PM

That’s very cynical

we are hibs
23-12-2020, 07:15 PM
Hes getting there but i still feel like he could go up a gear if he wanted to

lord bunberry
23-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Newell was really good, but Boyle was better for me.

tamig
23-12-2020, 07:16 PM
Until the last ten minutes or so Newell was really good and then he tired. I thought that Wright showed a little bit of his potential tonight.

Wright did well when he came on tonight.

h1bs4life
23-12-2020, 08:37 PM
Played very well tonight. Seems to have his mojo back. Must be one of the most fouled players in the league.

The amount of punishment he takes in unbelievable and he gets very little protection from referees .
He is getting back to his best now hopefully keep it going.

The Harp Awakes
23-12-2020, 09:20 PM
Martin had a dip in form/loss of confidence earlier this season, and Hibs' form stuttered a bit at the same time. Early last season when Martin was injured, Hibs struggled and our form picked up when he returned.

He is the most crucial player in our squad and was involved in everything good in Hibs performance tonight.

Take a bow son.

wookie70
23-12-2020, 09:31 PM
He has been much better lately and working well with McGinn. He is involved in the vast majority of our chances created and is the player that along with Nisbet lifts us above the midtable teams in my view. He is also starting to get back to being very useful defensively. That seemed poorer this season for some reason too

calumhibee1
24-12-2020, 09:35 AM
He has been much better lately and working well with McGinn. He is involved in the vast majority of our chances created and is the player that along with Nisbet lifts us above the midtable teams in my view. He is also starting to get back to being very useful defensively. That seemed poorer this season for some reason too

:agree:

Boyle and McGinn have been very decent recently.

I actually think McGinn is one of our best signings since Stubbs time. He’s very, very good.

Crab apple
24-12-2020, 09:38 AM

I actually think McGinn is one of our best signings since Stubbs time. He’s very, very good.

I’m with you on this Calum. He’s been a great signing and has made the no.2 jersey his own.

hibby rae
24-12-2020, 09:39 AM
Martin had a dip in form/loss of confidence earlier this season, and Hibs' form stuttered a bit at the same time. Early last season when Martin was injured, Hibs struggled and our form picked up when he returned.

He is the most crucial player in our squad and was involved in everything good in Hibs performance tonight.

Take a bow son.

Although, I think we can also pinpoint another big reason for our upturn in form last season 😉

The 90+2
24-12-2020, 09:39 AM

100% 👍

Keith_M
24-12-2020, 09:45 AM

McGinn really is a very good signing and a good reminder that the recruitment team, and manager, can see potential when some of us (myself included) question some signings.

His defensive abilities are obvious but the fact that he provides a goal scoring threat as well was a surprise to most of us.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2020, 09:47 AM

This is Boyles level. Best years will be spent here.

Brunswickbill
24-12-2020, 10:04 AM
The amount of punishment he takes in unbelievable and he gets very little protection from referees .

Teams are having rotational yellow cards against him. They take turns to take him out when looks like breaking away. There needs to be a rule change to stop it.

Nicho87
24-12-2020, 01:44 PM
Would still like to see Boyle up front more. Defenders hate pace.

plhibs
24-12-2020, 03:16 PM
This really worries me, it seems like teams know, just bring him down all the time and take the yellow card IF the ref gives it. Hope not but this sort of treatment has got injury written all over it.

MWHIBBIES
24-12-2020, 05:02 PM

He has never done well consistently for us up front. The odd game here and there but he is generally just bullied out of it. Defenders do hate pace but they love little forwards who cant hold the ball up more.

blackpoolhibs
24-12-2020, 06:09 PM
I really hope Murphy can come back and give us a good run of games when he's fit, having 2 good wide men with that quality must make us a better team.

dchibs
25-12-2020, 02:49 PM

Heard this morning that celtic are ment to be signing Boyle for 2.5 million from a celtic family member anyone else herd anything?

WhileTheChief..
25-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Maybe meant £0.25m?!

The 90+2
25-12-2020, 02:55 PM
Heard this morning that celtic are ment to be signing Boyle for 2.5 million from a celtic family member anyone else herd anything?

Celtic aren't going to give Lennon £2.5m to spend on Boyle. Not a chance. If they wanted Boyle they would have tapped him up and he would be on a pre-contract net week.

Since90+2
25-12-2020, 03:00 PM
Probably a load of ***** but I'd take 2.5 million for Boyle. That's good money and ultimately he would likely want to go and treble his wages. No point in keeping an unhappy player when you can make millions from a sale.

Still don't see it though.

Jones28
25-12-2020, 03:44 PM

I’d bite your hand off for that.