PDA

View Full Version : Brentford FC

EI255
22-12-2020, 06:13 PM
Currently beating Newcastle in the cup and looking decent.

I really like Brentford. Well run club, great new stadium and one heck of a decent team.

I so hope they get promoted this season.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
22-12-2020, 06:20 PM
Nah

Norwich better run club

Hope they come back up

EI255
22-12-2020, 06:24 PM
Get in!

Brentford through.

Who, Norwich the boring yo yo team?? You able to back up why they're better run than Brentford??

HoboHarry
22-12-2020, 06:35 PM
Get in!

Brentford through.

Who, Norwich the boring yo yo team?? You able to back up why they're better run than Brentford??
They are currently 8 points ahead of them in the league? :greengrin

jacomo
22-12-2020, 07:09 PM
Brentford have knocked Southampton, Fulham, WBA and Newcastle out of the league cup this season. That’s nuts!

Irish_Steve
22-12-2020, 07:55 PM
You sure, three duff teams and Southampton (who probably fielded a weakened team)

HibbyAndy
22-12-2020, 07:58 PM
Get in!

Brentford through.

You able to back up why they are not ?

EI255
22-12-2020, 08:15 PM
You able to back up why they are not ?Ha

I couldn't give a ff about Norwich. They are yo yo (and always will be) you able to explain why they can't stay up? Always been a poorly run/handled EPL team who don't spend enough / don't buy good enough quality to stay up. That's a fact.

Brentford are a far more upcoming, exciting brand [emoji16]

Thomas Frank is one of the best coaches in Europe right now. Brentford will do well to keep him beyond this season.

(oh, and have an infinity better stadium [emoji108])

marinello59
22-12-2020, 08:45 PM

I really like Brentford. Well run club, great new stadium and one heck of a decent team.

Loved the old Griffin Park, one of my favourite grounds. I’ll be down to see them in their new home as soon as I can. C’mon the Bees.

HibbyAndy
22-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Ha

I couldn't give a ff about Norwich. They are yo yo (and always will be) you able to explain why they can't stay up? Always been a poorly run/handled EPL team who don't spend enough / don't buy good enough quality to stay up. That's a fact.

Thomas Frank is one of the best coaches in Europe right now. Brentford will do well to keep him beyond this season.

Norwich will finish above Brentford

Exciting brand or not that's the truth

Sorry to piss on your chips

Goodnight

Magpie
22-12-2020, 09:09 PM
Their first ever major semi final, good luck to them, I’d like to see them win it.

brog
22-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Brentford are really a model club. Every year they have to sell to survive/prosper, Watkins, Benrahma, Maupay, Andre Gray, Hogan, but every year they go out & find another diamond, often from lower leagues, Tonev being the latest. I wish them every success. PS, Norwich are fine also!!

Dan Sarf
22-12-2020, 10:13 PM
Brentford are really a model club. Every year they have to sell to survive/prosper, Watkins, Benrahma, Maupay, Andre Gray, Hogan, but every year they go out & find another diamond, often from lower leagues, Toney being the latest. I wish them every success. PS, Norwich are fine also!!

Ivan Toney is a really special player. Apparently Celtc were in for but made a laughable offer.

Where have I heard that happening before? :tee hee:

superfurryhibby
22-12-2020, 10:15 PM
Ha

There was life before tv money, Norwich did not bad when I was a lad.

Is It On....
22-12-2020, 11:16 PM

Amazingly well run. They have billionaire owner but are the only club in the division to consistently make a profit. Proper data driven analysis used in player recruitment. I really want them to go up and see what "moneyball" can achieve with an EPL budget.

surreyhibbie
23-12-2020, 12:11 PM
Great result.

I have a good friend who is a Brentford season ticket holder, really chuffed for him

Must get along to see them when we are allowed again!

theonlywayisup
23-12-2020, 12:25 PM
My tuppence worth - I do find Norwich a 'boring' side, one that gets promoted, has a few good games, then gets relegated. They are not alone it that respect, similar to WBA, Derby, Sheffield United, Fulham, Watford in recent years.

From what I saw of Brentford last season, they looked like a very attractive team to watch. Really good players and being allowed to express themselves. If they got promoted, I think they'll be another club that will struggle to survive and then will be straight back down. I suppose the difference is that this would be their 1st attempt at the English Premier League and maybe they could become a fixture.

NAE NOOKIE
23-12-2020, 12:43 PM
Until recently always the club you sort of forgot to mention when thinking of London teams. Good to see them doing so well these days, nice new stadium as well and a fine example of why it isn't a bloody requirement in stadium construction to keep costs down by building a soulless box.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Get in!

Brentford through.

Whilst I couldnae really care less surely being a yoyo club is preferable to having not appeared in the top division for over 70 years.

Hibernia&Alba
23-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Their new stadium, being in such a densely populated part of west London, is in a terrible location, right next to a flyover. They had to build it on a tiny piece of available land.

Is It On....
23-12-2020, 02:06 PM
Whilst I couldnae really care less surely being a yoyo club is preferable to having not appeared in the top division for over 70 years.

And Mr Benham will change that. I honestly believe if he had bought a Scottish club such as Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen then the club he had bought would have won the league by now (he has owned Brentford for 10 years).