PDA

View Full Version : Why 5 O'clock?

Scott Allan Key
21-12-2020, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure if a reason has been given, I think I'm right in saying the time was requested and both sides are agreed to it, but why are we playing the Buddies on Wednesday so early?

Edit: I meant 6pm, I'm working then, 745pm would've suited me, they're normally that time for a reason.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Brightside
21-12-2020, 09:53 PM
More recovery time.

Oscar T Grouch
21-12-2020, 09:55 PM
Is it not 6pm?

hibee
21-12-2020, 09:58 PM
Is it not 6pm?

Yes it’s 6pm.

CMurdoch
21-12-2020, 10:58 PM
Yes it’s 6pm.

The Ross County game on the 30th kicks off at the same time

NAE NOOKIE
21-12-2020, 11:09 PM
When you consider that most folk work until 5pm and a lot are lucky to make it home by 6pm it's utterly barmy to kick this off so early. As it is I start at 5 finish at 7 and don't get home until around 7:20.

Kicking off at 6 seems utterly pointless apart from the chance to piss off as many folk as possible.

lord bunberry
22-12-2020, 06:28 AM
I hadn’t realised it was 6pm, I’ll miss the start now.

DaveF
22-12-2020, 06:43 AM
When you consider that most folk work until 5pm and a lot are lucky to make it home by 6pm it's utterly barmy to kick this off so early. As it is I start at 5 finish at 7 and don't get home until around 7:20.

Kicking off at 6 seems utterly pointless apart from the chance to piss off as many folk as possible.

While most people are working from home, there are still plenty who gonout to work and I agree that this seems like a pointless kick off time and will needlessly annoy a number of fans.

Is the whole Wednesday card the same or just our game?

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 06:45 AM
While most people are working from home, there are still plenty who gonout to work and I agree that this seems like a pointless kick off time and will needlessly annoy a number of fans.

Is the whole Wednesday card the same or just our game?

The whole weds card. It’s probably got something to do with being so close to Christmas.

They where all scheduled for 1945 but bright forward on requests by the clubs.

Alfred E Newman
22-12-2020, 08:06 AM
To give the Hibs net brigade another chance to moan.

bigwheel
22-12-2020, 08:11 AM
To give the Hibs net brigade another chance to moan.

[emoji3]. Oooh. Shots fired *

Scott Allan Key
22-12-2020, 08:18 AM
To give the Hibs net brigade another chance to moan.I realise that all clubs play at 6pm but a lot of people paid for season tickets to watch Hibs play at a reasonable time. I'll miss the game I otherwise would see if at 745pm. If reason is to do with Christmas then don't play a midweek game at all.

Hope this is a sufficient moan to meet the daily quota expected. I'll contact the club to forward my views, funnily enough with our NHS sponsorship, a lot of key workers like myself are now missing the game.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:22 AM
Unless there's a very good reason for this I'm pretty disappointed. Supporters are paying over the odds to watch matches on a live stream (I'm thinking mainly of ST holders) and I'd imagine that this KO time doesn't suit the majority of them.

18:00-19:45 will coincide with people travelling home/getting in from work and evening meals.

I know that matches at weekends will often clash with meal times, but there's not the same flexibility during the week.

The first half is probably goosed for me. :-(

I don't understand why they've done this.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 08:22 AM
I realise that all clubs play at 6pm but a lot of people paid for season tickets to watch Hibs play at a reasonable time. I'll miss the game I otherwise would see if at 745pm. If reason is to do with Christmas then don't play a midweek game at all.

Hope this is a sufficient moan to meet the daily quota expected. I'll contact the club to forward my views, funnily enough with our NHS sponsorship, a lot of key workers like myself are now missing the game.

They can’t cater for everyone, and the key worker thing doesn’t have any substance at all, otherwise we’d never play since key workers start and finish at all hours of the day. Good to see the clubs looking after our younger fans by bringing the kick off forward so they’re not out their bed too late.

Scott Allan Key
22-12-2020, 08:24 AM
They can’t cater for everyone, and the key worker thing doesn’t have any substance at all, otherwise we’d never play since key workers start and finish at all hours of the day. Good to see the clubs looking after our younger fans by bringing the kick off forward so they’re not out their bed too late.Kids don't have school this week, so not a consideration really.

It isn't fair on those who aren't working at home.
I

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:26 AM
They can’t cater for everyone, and the key worker thing doesn’t have any substance at all, otherwise we’d never play since key workers start and finish at all hours of the day. Good to see the clubs looking after our younger fans by bringing the kick off forward so they’re not out their bed too late.

Kids that are normally in their bed by 8.00pm probably won't be that interested in a Hibs v St Mirren live stream.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 08:27 AM
Kids don't have school this week, so not a consideration really.

And a large number don’t have work this week either. It was tongue in cheek about the kids, but still it gets them to bed at a decent time. 9-5 isn’t a massively popular work time anymore, and especially the week of Xmas. Absolutely no issue with clubs bringing the game forward an hour and a half.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 08:27 AM
I realise that all clubs play at 6pm but a lot of people paid for season tickets to watch Hibs play at a reasonable time. I'll miss the game I otherwise would see if at 745pm. If reason is to do with Christmas then don't play a midweek game at all.

Hibs requested the change.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 08:28 AM
Kids that are normally in their bed by 8.00pm probably won't be that interested in a Hibs v St Mirren live stream.

In what way? I’d imagine most young kids that watch Hibs would be interested in watching them on Wednesday night.

The 90+2

Not really. About 8pm is movie time for the next week or so for most kids. Perhaps it’s taken that into consideration?

Peevemor
And a large number don’t have work this week either. It was tongue in cheek about the kids, but still it gets them to bed at a decent time. 9-5 isn’t a massively popular work time anymore, and especially the week of Xmas. Absolutely no issue with clubs bringing the game forward an hour and a half.

Even if it means that a large number of supporters are going to miss at least part of the match?

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:29 AM
In what way? I’d imagine most young kids that watch Hibs would be interested in watching them on Wednesday night.

In bed by 8.00pm? That's really young!

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 08:31 AM
In bed by 8.00pm? That's really young!

It really isn’t that young. Majority of primary school age kids will be in their beds by then. But like I said, that was rather tongue in cheek.

As for the ‘large number’ missing the game, why? Most people now work 8-4, not 9-5, and a lot of workers are off this week, especially as the schools have finished so need the time off to watch the kids. Very few won’t be home by 6pm.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:43 AM
Not really. About 8pm is movie time for the next week or so for most kids. Perhaps it’s taken that into consideration?

Watching a movie isn't the same as watching a Hibs v St Mirren match, especially for young kids.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:44 AM
It really isn’t that young. Majority of primary school age kids will be in their beds by then. But like I said, that was rather tongue in cheek.

As for the ‘large number’ missing the game, why? Most people now work 8-4, not 9-5, and a lot of workers are off this week, especially as the schools have finished so need the time off to watch the kids. Very few won’t be home by 6pm.

There's quite a lot in there that surprises me. I'm not going to argue though. :aok:

Brightside
22-12-2020, 08:44 AM

8pm. You mean toddlers I assume.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:45 AM
8pm. You mean toddlers I assume.

Exactly.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 08:52 AM
There's quite a lot in there that surprises me. I'm not going to argue though. :aok:

What surprises you? That two days before Xmas the majority have finished up for the holidays, especially with the schools being off and needing childcare? Or that most work 8-4 now?

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 08:54 AM
What surprises you? That two days before Xmas the majority have finished up for the holidays, especially with the schools being off and needing childcare? Or that most work 8-4 now?

Yes, both.

As I said I'm surprised but you could well be right - so I'm not arguing.

SChibs
22-12-2020, 08:54 AM
If Hibs think they have a better chance of winning games by moving the kick off time slightly then that is good enough for me. Give us a bit of extra rest before arguably the toughest game of thr season on Boxing Day.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Watching a movie isn't the same as watching a Hibs v St Mirren match, especially for young kids.

Yeah totally, that’s maybe part of the reason for moving the games forward? I dinnae ken really, just guessing 😃

Ringothedog
22-12-2020, 11:10 AM
I wonder how many would miss this game if spectators were allowed? Even with a 7.45pm kickoff, my guess is thousands. A 6.00pm kick off live in your living room should be doable for most people

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 11:13 AM
I wonder how many would miss this game if spectators were allowed? Even with a 7.45pm kickoff, my guess is thousands. A 6.00pm kick off live in your living room should be doable for most people

It’s probably why they’ve decided to proceed. I don’t think they would have changed if supporters could get in tbh.

G15 Hibs
22-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Maybe it's to try to be decent and let the folk who have to work at ER to allow the game to go ahead to get home a wee bit earlier a couple of days before Christmas.

Brightside
22-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Where does this most people work 8-4 come from? Not arguing just interested.

Onceinawhile
22-12-2020, 12:43 PM
I'll miss the first half. Which I wouldn't if it was the usual kick off.

If they just made it possible to properly pause hibs TV, it wouldn't be an issue as much.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 12:54 PM
I'll miss the first half. Which I wouldn't if it was the usual kick off.

If they just made it possible to properly pause hibs TV, it wouldn't be an issue as much.

Cant you install a recorder programme on your laptop and record what’s running? Once recorded watch the game?

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:04 PM
Where does this most people work 8-4 come from? Not arguing just interested.

There was a YouGov poll done last year where only 6% worked 9-5. Most people I know are 8-4 now, and majority in that poll would work 8-4 as their preferred choice. A lot of people work daft shifts now including weekends, a lot of other people work flexi time. It’s now a fairly small minority work 9-5, and those that do just now are most likely working from home during this pandemic so will not have any travel time.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:05 PM
Cant you install a recorder programme on your laptop and record what’s running? Once recorded watch the game?

Or maybe they could play matches with normal kick-off times? Kick-off times that people have in mind when they purchase STs & such like.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:07 PM
There was a YouGov poll done last year where only 6% worked 9-5.

The chances are that most finished later.

Most people I know are 8-4 now, and majority in that poll would work 8-4 if it was allowed. A lot of people work daft shifts now including weekends, a lot of other people work flexi time. It’s now a fairly small minority work 9-5, and those that do just now are most likely working from home during this pandemic so will not have any travel time.

If it was allowed. It's not an option for most IMO.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:09 PM
Or maybe they could play matches with normal kick-off times? Kick-off times that people have in mind when they purchase STs & such like.

This isn’t a normal times though, and what’s a normal time for a kick off 2 days before Christmas? Is there a precedent? The rest of the league have followed suit so it must make sense. One thing that never crosses my mind when buying a season ticket (knowing I won’t be in watching games) is what time a kick off will be 2 days before Xmas.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:17 PM
This isn’t a normal times though, and what’s a normal time for a kick off 2 days before Christmas? Is there a precedent? The rest of the league have followed suit so it must make sense. One thing that never crosses my mind when buying a season ticket (knowing I won’t be in watching games) is what time a kick off will be 2 days before Xmas.

Already some people are put off because fewer and fewer matches are 3.00pm Saturday. If you didn't know whether midweek KOs were going to be at 6.00pm (or why not midnight when the roads are quiet?) it would dicourage even more people.

I just wonder what the reason is. There must be one because everyone's doing it, but so far I haven't seen anything valid proposed in this thread. Christmas & Covid aren't reasons for moving the match forward IMO and there will be plenty people inconvenienced by this, which wouldn't have been the case had the KO been kept to the normal time.

Monts
22-12-2020, 01:18 PM

There is plenty precedence for midweek, non-bank holiday kick off times. 2 days before christmas isn't a holiday.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 01:19 PM

It's very unlike you to criticize the club bud, but I'm only trying to help and provide alternatives to people. :wink:

lord bunberry
22-12-2020, 01:22 PM
There was a YouGov poll done last year where only 6% worked 9-5. Most people I know are 8-4 now, and majority in that poll would work 8-4 as their preferred choice. A lot of people work daft shifts now including weekends, a lot of other people work flexi time. It’s now a fairly small minority work 9-5, and those that do just now are most likely working from home during this pandemic so will not have any travel time.
I work till 6 so I’ll miss the first half hour. I can’t see any reason for the early kick off tbh.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:22 PM
There is plenty precedence for midweek, non-bank holiday kick off times. 2 days before christmas isn't a holiday.

It may not be a bank holiday, hence why it’s not kicking off at 3pm, however it is very close to Christmas, most people are either off work or working from home, or finish early enough for it not to matter. It may inconvenience a small number of fans, as would any midweek kick off regardless of time, likewise any weekend fixtures also inconvenience some fans.

hibee
22-12-2020, 01:25 PM
I may be in the minority but 6pm suits me fine, watch Hibs, quick walk for the dog then be back in time or just after for the start of the Man Utd game!

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:27 PM
It's very unlike you to criticize the club bud, but I'm only trying to help and provide alternatives to people. :wink:

I remember when we were building the new end stands and had no floodlights. One or two games were rescheduled for something like 3.00pm on Wednesday afternoon (I remember one match against Falkirk, I'm not sure if there was another). Yes it was inconvenient but there was an obvious reason for it.

It didn't bother me at all to take a half day off work, meet up with mates in the pub as if it was a Saturday, etc. - there was novelty value.

This thing tomorrow night's just a pain in the hoop and we haven't been told why they're doing it.

lord bunberry
22-12-2020, 01:27 PM
It may not be a bank holiday, hence why it’s not kicking off at 3pm, however it is very close to Christmas, most people are either off work or working from home, or finish early enough for it not to matter. It may inconvenience a small number of fans, as would any midweek kick off regardless of time, likewise any weekend fixtures also inconvenience some fans.
Only 24% of the population are working from home.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:28 PM
I may be in the minority but 6pm suits me fine, watch Hibs, quick walk for the dog then be back in time or just after for the start of the Man Utd game!

It suits the majority, it’s unfortunate for those it doesn’t suit, however I’m sure there are valid reasons for it (recovery time, staff getting home early etc). Same for Ross county next week.

Monts
22-12-2020, 01:29 PM

When has there been a 3pm kick off on a wednesday? How close to christmas can we start changing things? Its seems like an unnecessary change that means many wont see the game as expected. You can say that normal evening kick off inconvenience others, but those are well established. No one would have said a word if it had been a 7.45 kick off.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:30 PM

But how many would be inconvenienced if it started at a normal, midweek KO time? Far, far less I'd imagine.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:31 PM
It suits the majority, it’s unfortunate for those it doesn’t suit, however I’m sure there are valid reasons for it (recovery time, staff getting home early etc). Same for Ross county next week.

I disagree. 7.30 or 8.00pm suits the majority.

lord bunberry
22-12-2020, 01:34 PM
How do you know it suits the majority? So far on this thread you’ve claimed the majority will be finished work, working from home or off work. You’ve no idea if that’s true or not, you’re posts on this thread smack of someone desperate to have an opinion and state facts that you’re not in possession of.

Andy74
22-12-2020, 01:34 PM
I disagree. 7.30 or 8.00pm suits the majority.

The point is that 6 will still suit the majority.

In the current situation the number of people who are still working somewhere else 2 days before Christmas and couldn’t make it home by 6 will be minimal.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 01:35 PM
I remember when we were building the new end stands and had no floodlights. One or two games were rescheduled for something like 3.00pm on Wednesday afternoon (I remember one match against Falkirk, I'm not sure if there was another). Yes it was inconvenient but there was an obvious reason for it.

It didn't bother me at all to take a half day off work, meet up with mates in the pub as if it was a Saturday, etc. - there was novelty value.

This thing tomorrow night's just a pain in the hoop and we haven't been told why they're doing it.

I'm in total agreement with you, it's a rank time. Even if off work people are away Christmas shopping and will be stuck in ques of places when the Hibs kick off at basically dinner time. I can't see much logic behind it either but all I've done is guess reasons and try to provide alternatives. :greengrin

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:36 PM
When has there been a 3pm kick off on a wednesday? How close to christmas can we start changing things? Its seems like an unnecessary change that means many wont see the game as expected. You can say that normal evening kick off inconvenience others, but those are well established. No one would have said a word if it had been a 7.45 kick off.

Bank holidays around xmas normally always have early kick offs. ‘Many’ - how do you even quantify that? There will probably be a very small number that can’t watch it - all 6 games are kicking off early, I’m sure there will be many reasons for that.

Whether they are well established or not is neither here nor there, things change, things evolve. Monday night games weren’t well established once upon a time. Whether everyone likes it or not, clubs will often make decisions on what makes most sense commercially, but also looking out for the welfare of their employees, the players and the staff.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:39 PM
How do you know it suits the majority? So far on this thread you’ve claimed the majority will be finished work, working from home or off work. You’ve no idea if that’s true or not, you’re posts on this thread smack of someone desperate to have an opinion and state facts that you’re not in possession of.

Sorry, is someone not allowed an opinion? That was the point of forums I thought. The original argument was it doesn’t suit those working 9-5, even though that makes up only 6% of workers, and of that there will be some working from home, or finished for the holidays. Unless over 40% are working until 5.30/6pm then I’d say I’m fairly safe by saying it still suits the majority.

Rick Rude
22-12-2020, 01:40 PM
Looking at the BBC website, next Wednesday there's quite a few games kicking off at 3pm though thankfully Hibs aren't one. Strange for a non-holiday.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:41 PM
The point is that 6 will still suit the majority.

In the current situation the number of people who are still working somewhere else 2 days before Christmas and couldn’t make it home by 6 will be minimal.

Surely 7.30 will suit even more people?

I'm just annoyed because I'll probably miss half the match (and I'm an hour later than you too!) and there's been no reason provided - good or otherwise.

Monts
22-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Bank holidays around xmas normally always have early kick offs. ‘Many’ - how do you even quantify that? There will probably be a very small number that can’t watch it - all 6 games are kicking off early, I’m sure there will be many reasons for that.

Whether they are well established or not is neither here nor there, things change, things evolve. Monday night games weren’t well established once upon a time. Whether everyone likes it or not, clubs will often make decisions on what makes most sense commercially, but also looking out for the welfare of their employees, the players and the staff.

Many being an indefinite number. A number or people just on this thread have already shown it to be an inconvenience. Hilarious that you have chosen to pick on that after you have cited 'most' and 'majority' with zero basis.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 01:47 PM
Surely 7.30 will suit even more people?

I'm just annoyed because I'll probably miss half the match (and I'm an hour later than you too!) and there's been no reason provided - good or otherwise.

It possibly would, however weighed up against other factors they’ve obviously decided that’s a risk they’re willing to take.

Andy74
22-12-2020, 01:51 PM
Many being an indefinite number. A number or people just on this thread have already shown it to be an inconvenience. Hilarious that you have chosen to pick on that after you have cited 'most' and 'majority' with zero basis.

It is without any doubt that the majority of people will be home or can be at home at 6pm this Wednesday. A few exceptions on here change that fact.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 01:52 PM
It possibly would, however weighed up against other factors they’ve obviously decided that’s a risk they’re willing to take.

But nobody has told us what factors. An explication would be nice.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 01:52 PM
It is without any doubt that the majority of people will be home or can be at home at 6pm this Wednesday. A few exceptions on here change that fact.

This close to Christmas? Highly doubtful.

Andy74
22-12-2020, 01:55 PM
This close to Christmas? Highly doubtful.

What are you thinking everyone is going to be doing this close to this particular Christmas that will keep them out to 6 but not 7.30 or so?

The absolute majority of the UK population will be in their homes.

Brightside
22-12-2020, 01:57 PM
Seems an odd poll. A large majority of the workforce have flexible working arrangements so yes you’d struggle to get a large percentage that say they work 9-5. I’m not aware of that being replaced by more people working 8-4 though. Certainly very few in the service industries are forced to 8-4.

Brightside
22-12-2020, 01:58 PM
What are you thinking everyone is going to be doing this close to this particular Christmas that will keep them out to 6 but not 7.30 or so?

Shopping. 😂

Andy74
22-12-2020, 02:04 PM
Only 24% of the population are working from home.

Only 24% in October were exclusively working from home. It’s a much higher percentage that are doing a mix. Given the current Covid outlook and being the week of Christmas it will be at the high end for working at home numbers. Those working somewhere else but not able to arrange to be back by 6 would be a pretty small number.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 02:07 PM

Just a guess but perhaps Christmas shopping and stuck in ques?

Andy74
22-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Just a guess but perhaps Christmas shopping and stuck in ques?

Absolutely no chance the majority of the UK will be out Christmas shopping at 6pm this Wednesday.

For those thinking about it. Hibs are going to be on TV. Shop earlier.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 02:13 PM
Absolutely no chance the majority of the UK will be out Christmas shopping at 6pm this Wednesday.

For those thinking about it. Hibs are going to be on TV. Shop earlier.

It’s not that easy for a lot of people. For a lot tomorrow is the first day of the holidays and now schools have finished they won’t have to worry about pick ups etc. I was at the fort today and took me two hours to get one thing.

The majority of the Uk will 100% be in at 19:45 tomorrow. I don’t really get the logic of the change myself but I’m sure there’s a legit reason.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Only 24% in October were exclusively working from home. It’s a much higher percentage that are doing a mix. Given the current Covid outlook and being the week of Christmas it will be at the high end for working at home numbers. Those working somewhere else but not able to arrange to be back by 6 would be a pretty small number.

Andy, we could spend all day guestimating how many folk will be in on time. We still won't know the reason for the daft KO time which definitely inconveniences some of us.

That's all.

Greenbeard
22-12-2020, 02:15 PM
For those unable to watch it live the full game is on BBC Alba at 10pm. Just have to avoid .net, texts from pals, BBC notifications and Brian Glover.

Andy74
22-12-2020, 02:21 PM
Andy, we could spend all day guestimating how many folk will be in on time. We still won't know the reason for the daft KO time which definitely inconveniences some of us.

That's all.

Agree that some will be inconvenienced but suggesting it is anything more than marginal is ignoring the reality of this Wednesday.

I’m sure we could have some examples of why 7.45 doesn’t work so well for some people.

They’ve all been changed so there’s obviously wide agreement from the teams that it is suitable.

Speedy
22-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Sorry, is someone not allowed an opinion? That was the point of forums I thought. The original argument was it doesn’t suit those working 9-5, even though that makes up only 6% of workers, and of that there will be some working from home, or finished for the holidays. Unless over 40% are working until 5.30/6pm then I’d say I’m fairly safe by saying it still suits the majority.

I don't believe this means what you are suggesting it means.

But you're right, the majority probably can watch the game at 6pm. I think the original time would suit more though.

Andy74
22-12-2020, 02:23 PM
It’s not that easy for a lot of people. For a lot tomorrow is the first day of the holidays and now schools have finished they won’t have to worry about pick ups etc. I was at the fort today and took me two hours to get one thing.

The majority of the Uk will 100% be in at 19:45 tomorrow. I don’t really get the logic of the change myself but I’m sure there’s a legit reason.
I think we are getting a bit silly now on the narrow group of people who might be forced into shopping early Wednesday evening.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 02:26 PM
Agree that some will be inconvenienced but suggesting it is anything more than marginal is ignoring the reality of this Wednesday.

I’m sure we could have some examples of why 7.45 doesn’t work so well for some people.

Obviously there'll be some that it doesn't suit or at least not all the time, but 7.30, 7.45 & 8.00 are standard for midweek.

They’ve all been changed so there’s obviously wide agreement from the teams that it is suitable.

But why change at all?

Scott Allan Key
22-12-2020, 02:30 PM
It suits the majority, it’s unfortunate for those it doesn’t suit, however I’m sure there are valid reasons for it (recovery time, staff getting home early etc). Same for Ross county next week.I think what you're failing to grasp is it doesn't suit the majority. Especially if you judge the responses on this thread.

Monts
22-12-2020, 02:32 PM
Just because it suits the majority it doesn't make it better.

If 75% of season ticket holders can see the game at 6pm, you could argue thats enough.

But if 85% could have seen it at 7.45pm then its the wrong choice to change it to 6pm.

Obviously those are arbitrary figures, but it seems a reasonable assumption that more people will be at home, and able to watch, at 7.45.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 02:33 PM
I think what you're failing to grasp is it doesn't suit the majority. Especially if you judge the responses on this thread.

There are 4/5 saying it doesn’t suit. You aren’t going to hear from someone if it does suit. Saying 6pm doesn’t suit the majority is radio rental.

Peevemor
22-12-2020, 02:34 PM

If 75% of season ticket holders can see the game at 6pm, you could argue thats enough.

But if 85% could have seen it at 7.45pm then its the wrong choice to change it to 6pm.

Obviously those are arbitrary figures, but it seems a reasonable assumption that more people will be at home, and able to watch, at 7.45.

And if not, there are no real grounds for complaint as it's a standard KO time, unlike 6.00pm.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 02:40 PM
I think we are getting a bit silly now on the narrow group of people who might be forced into shopping early Wednesday evening.

If you're going shopping tomorrow any time after lunch time tomorrow there's a good chance you won't get back before late. Food shopping is popular also on the 23rd.

Scott Allan Key
22-12-2020, 02:45 PM
There are 4/5 saying it doesn’t suit. You aren’t going to hear from someone if it does suit. Saying 6pm doesn’t suit the majority is radio rental.I'll just have to agree to disagree, if that isn't too 'mental' to your impolite argumentation. I think your final statement is wrong regarding the supporters, as to the clubs' reasoning, which is the question I posed, we are none the wiser.

CropleyWasGod
22-12-2020, 02:46 PM
If you're going shopping tomorrow any time after lunch time tomorrow there's a good chance you won't get back before late. Food shopping is popular also on the 23rd.

So she'll be late to make your tea? Suck it up, man.

:greengrin

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 02:49 PM
So she'll be late to make your tea? Suck it up, man.

:greengrin

I’m a single guy now buddy, and I made the tea anyway 🤣 her buggering off to the shops all day and giving us peace is the best part of Xmas :greengrin

Andy74
22-12-2020, 02:57 PM

Is it a reasonable assumption?

You’d have to figure out how many are genuinely not going to be able to make arrangements to be home from 6 to 8 in unique circumstances. It will be marginal.

Then you have to think about the cohort that have to make arrangements between 8 and 10. It might also not be big numbers but you’ve got hospitals, supermarkets, delivery centres etc which I don’t think would be a push to suggest they’d have less flexibility this week on working hours.

It’s possible there’s a number there of people it works better for.

I’ve no way of being certain what numbers are impacted either way.

That’s without thinking about the actual reasons the clubs had to make the change.

AFKA5814_Hibs
22-12-2020, 03:58 PM
I finished up work today for 2 weeks and appear to be in that small minority of folk who work 9-5 and not from home.

I do intend to go out tomorrow to do Christmas shopping and need to pop into B&Q before it closes for level 4 restrictions, but intend to be home well before 6. 👍

Carheenlea
22-12-2020, 04:02 PM
For a game without spectators that’s been shifted forward by an hour and a half, I’ve nothing of note to add to the three pages so far debating the move.

Billy Whizz
22-12-2020, 04:36 PM
It’s to be really cold tomorrow night, I’m glad it’s an early kick off

hibee
22-12-2020, 04:39 PM
It’s to be really cold tomorrow night, I’m glad it’s an early kick off

I hate evening kick offs in winter, the earlier the better at this time of year [emoji3]

greenlex
22-12-2020, 04:43 PM
I’m night shift and will now see the whole game. Hurrah! It’s not all bad.

offshorehibby
23-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Drat, we've been summoned to grandkids towers for 6, oh well.

The 90+2
23-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Be back for bbc Alba at ten then 🍺

Remember, and I’m not encouraging unsocial behaviour that if you have a firestick with iptv then said stick works in different households as long as they have internet. 👌

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2020, 03:35 PM

Tell them that the government says they can't mix. 😉

offshorehibby
23-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Be back for bbc Alba at ten then 🍺

Remember, and I’m not encouraging unsocial behaviour that if you have a firestick with iptv then said stick works in different households as long as have internet. 👌

My lovely wife had already set Alba to record for me bless her cotton sock. On the other matter you might be getting a shout after the on the PM board :wink:

offshorehibby
23-12-2020, 03:51 PM
Tell them that the government says they can't mix. 😉

Haha tried that, it didn't work. It's bound to be a high scoring game :greengrin
with Hibs scoring a barrow load.

The 90+2
23-12-2020, 03:55 PM
My lovely wife had already set Alba to record for me bless her cotton sock. On the other matter you might be getting a shout after the on the PM board :wink:

Hurry your arse then in that case 🤣 bbc have live commentary from Easter road tonight too I’m sure so if you have bbc sounds on laptop or phone or have a laptop you can pause it at half five to sync with the game later on.

Moulin Yarns
23-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Hurry your arse then in that case 🤣 bbc have live commentary from Easter road tonight too I’m sure so if you have bbc sounds on laptop or phone or have a laptop you can pause it at half five to sync with the game later on.

Radio Scotland said live commentary is from Perth 🤔

The 90+2
23-12-2020, 03:59 PM
Radio Scotland said live commentary is from Perth 🤔

Online when you click Hibs v St Mirren it says info followed by live commentary?

Speedy
23-12-2020, 11:21 PM
I see next week is 6pm as well.

Presumably it's to help away teams with travel home, since hotels aren't ideal.

Moulin Yarns
24-12-2020, 07:29 AM
Online when you click Hibs v St Mirren it says info followed by live commentary?

Well, did you listen?

I got text coverage only. It's a few seasons since the BBC radio Scotland did Internet commentary of all games.

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-12-2020, 08:02 AM
Why was it a 6pm kick off then? Or is it yet to be esablished?

Moulin Yarns
24-12-2020, 08:06 AM
Why was it a 6pm kick off then? Or is it yet to be esablished?

The SPFL website has almost all the 'funny' kick-off times as "at the request of the clubs"

The 90+2
24-12-2020, 08:31 AM
Well, did you listen?

I got text coverage only. It's a few seasons since the BBC radio Scotland did Internet commentary of all games.

No, I watched on Hibs pass. I was only trying to help out someone else.