PDA

View Full Version : The Rangers Boxing Day

Bukta#8
21-12-2020, 08:09 PM
Our game on Boxing Day is live on Sky 1, get the Turkey sandwiches ready 12:30 kick off🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Renfrew_Hibby
21-12-2020, 10:19 PM
Our game on Boxing Day is live on Sky 1, get the Turkey sandwiches ready 12:30 kick off🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Nice one!

Weegreenman
22-12-2020, 09:33 AM
We can kick start their demise! Yes that’s right, it’s officially squeaky bum time for the knuckle draggers

EI255
22-12-2020, 10:53 AM
Our game on Boxing Day is live on Sky 1, get the Turkey sandwiches ready 12:30 kick off[emoji1184][emoji1184][emoji1184]Spicy soup and (a lot of) beers for moi [emoji16]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Tambo
22-12-2020, 11:34 AM
I'm sure I read that the celtic game was on sky one aswell but i could be wrong? so i got myself a months entertainment pass for now tv.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2020, 11:41 AM
I'm sure I read that the celtic game was on sky one aswell but i could be wrong? so i got myself a months entertainment pass for now tv.

You are correct.

JohnM1875
24-12-2020, 08:17 AM
Will it also be on 'Pick' like the free to air English Prem games were earlier on in the year?

Bizzarely don't have Sky One with my Virgin package.

Juniper Greens
24-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Will it also be on 'Pick' like the free to air English Prem games were earlier on in the year?

There has been no mention of this, so I doubt it

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 09:10 AM

It won't be on Pick.

The game's on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Football and Sky 1.

The Serbia-Scotland game was only on Pick because of the national importance of the game.

JohnM1875
24-12-2020, 09:20 AM
It won't be on Pick.

The game's on Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Football and Sky 1.

The Serbia-Scotland game was only on Pick because of the national importance of the game.

Nah, all the English premiership games were on Pick as well when the football started up again.

Cheers for the info though

King Cosell
24-12-2020, 09:27 AM
Nah, all the English premiership games were on Pick as well when the football started up again.

Heavy rain and wild winds forecast. I've got a good feeling about this.

Gogic in for Doidge, 5-man midfield, Boyle & Wright wide.

Keith_M
24-12-2020, 09:50 AM
So, the big question is, can we make it Ten In A Row*?

Ah huv ma doubts, but fingers crossed.

* Unbeaten games, not league titles. ;-)

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 10:34 AM

That's not correct. Only some of the English games were on Pick after the restart.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-fixtures-tv-bbc-amazon-sky-sports-watch-free-air-schedule-full-live-games-everton-vs-liverpool-433213/amp

The issue of national importance definitely was the reason why the Scotland game was on Pick.

“We know how significant these fixtures could be for fans of Scotland and Northern Ireland”, said Sky Sports Managing Director Rob Webster.

“With two sides on the brink of qualifying for a major tournament, we felt it was the right moment in these exceptional and unique circumstances to make the games more widely available."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/12010/12126185/sky-sports-make-scotland-and-northern-ireland-euro-2020-play-off-finals-available-free-to-air

Billy Whizz
24-12-2020, 10:39 AM
We have no fear going into this game, all the pressure is on The Rangers

Since452
24-12-2020, 10:54 AM
We have no fear going into this game, all the pressure is on The Rangers

I agree. I don't expect us to take anything. In fact if anything I expect us to be well beaten. So free hit really.

number9dream
24-12-2020, 01:46 PM
Looks like we're down to the bare bones for this one, with Doidge out, while Marciano and Magennis must be doubts.
Is Gogic fit? He looked miles off it when he came on against Dundee Utd and was only on for a minute or so last night. He's probably going to have to start even if he isn't 100%. I worry about the red card implications there if the big man is not timing his tackles at a place like Ibrox.
With Murphy, Mackie and Allan still missing, the team kind of picks itself. The big issue is what we do on the left to combat the threat of Tavernier.

Barnes
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Hallberg Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet Wright

Or maybe a try something different up top with Wright on the right, Nisbet coming in off the left and Boyle just charging around wherever he is needed...
Or bring Doig back in from the cold to deal specifically with Tavernier in front of Stevenson?
Over to you, JR. One to mull over when the After Eights are out tomorrow...

lucky
24-12-2020, 01:54 PM
I’d go for the following

Barnes
Gogic
Boyle Halberg Newell Maginnes
Nisbet

Billy Whizz
24-12-2020, 02:14 PM
I’d go for the following

Barnes
Gogic
Boyle Halberg Newell Maginnes
Nisbet

I’d be surprised if he risks Magennis if he’s a got a tight hamstring, more likely to with Wright
What’s happened to Josh Doig, played for a good number of games, and not even got off the bench for ages

Pretty Boy
24-12-2020, 02:30 PM
I don't expect us to take anything from the game at Ibrox.

As long as we show plenty fight and keep them honest I'll be OK with that.

ancient hibee
24-12-2020, 02:38 PM
Looks like we're down to the bare bones for this one, with Doidge out, while Marciano and Magennis must be doubts.
Is Gogic fit? He looked miles off it when he came on against Dundee Utd and was only on for a minute or so last night. He's probably going to have to start even if he isn't 100%. I worry about the red card implications there if the big man is not timing his tackles at a place like Ibrox.
With Murphy, Mackie and Allan still missing, the team kind of picks itself. The big issue is what we do on the left to combat the threat of Tavernier.

Barnes
Hallberg Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet Wright

Or maybe a try something different up top with Wright on the right, Nisbet coming in off the left and Boyle just charging around wherever he is needed...
Or bring Doig back in from the cold to deal specifically with Tavernier in front of Stevenson?
Doig or Mackie if fit in front of Stevenson would definitely be my choice and Gogic further back and Newell pushed forward in a midfield five.

Peevemor
24-12-2020, 02:41 PM
Doig or Mackie if fit in front of Stevenson would definitely be my choice and Gogic further back and Newell pushed forward in a midfield five.Why? Stevenson was excellent last night. I'd rather have his experience at Ibrox.

Billy Whizz
24-12-2020, 02:55 PM
Why? Stevenson was excellent last night. I'd rather have his experience at Ibrox.

I think he meant Doig playing in front of Lewis, not instead of

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 03:05 PM

:agree: A respectable defeat will be one that I'll be willing to take on the chin this time.

As long as we don't do what we did last season and go from a 2-1 defeat to a 6-1 defeat by losing 4 goals in the last 15 minutes.

JimBHibees
24-12-2020, 03:08 PM
I think he meant Doig playing in front of Lewis, not instead of

Personally would think that should be considered as would give better balance going forward plus possibly would offer better defensive cover. Think it will be Wright though

AlbertK86
24-12-2020, 03:15 PM
Hoping Rocky is fit and if so 3-5-2

Rocky

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon

Wright
Newell
Gogic
Hallberg
Doig

Boyle
Nisbet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
24-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Doig or Mackie if fit in front of Stevenson would definitely be my choice and Gogic further back and Newell pushed forward in a midfield five.

Tavernier, for all that he is great going forward, isn’t the best defender. Could we play Boyle on the left and let Wright play on the right? That might give the Huns biggest attacking threat something to think about?

I assume we’ll go with just Nisbet up front and a central midfield three of Hallberg, Newell and Gogic, with Boyle and Wright out wide. Defence picks itself.

CMurdoch
24-12-2020, 03:43 PM
Team almost picks itself given we basically had 13 outfield players for 10 places for the St Mirren game and we have lost Doidge to suspension and possibly Magennis to injury.
Accordingly an outfield 10 against Rangers of McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson, Newell, Hallberg, Gogic, Wright, Boyle & Nisbet with Gullan on the bench.

Alternatively we could give some of the main guys a rest and play McGregor, Gray, Doig, Bradley, S McGinn instead. Save the first teamers for the Ross County game

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Team almost picks itself given we basically had 13 outfield players for 10 places for the St Mirren game and we have lost Doidge to suspension and possibly Magennis to injury.
Accordingly an outfield 10 against Rangers of McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Stevenson, Newell, Hallberg, Gogic, Wright, Boyle & Nisbet with Gullan on the bench.

Alternatively we could give some of the main guys a rest and play McGregor, Gray, Doig, Bradley, S McGinn instead. Save the first teamers for the Ross County game

That would be a bad idea.

We look like being nip and tuck with Aberdeen all season and we don't want to risk throwing away the goal difference lead that we have over them just now.

jacomo
24-12-2020, 04:44 PM

I want at least a point but hopefully all three. It will keep those f****** honest.

CMurdoch
24-12-2020, 05:28 PM
That would be a bad idea.

We look like being nip and tuck with Aberdeen all season and we don't want to risk throwing away the goal difference lead that we have over them just now.

Are you saying the players including your namesake are not up to it?
Some posters on the forum will get upset at your lack of respect for leg ends :wink:.

gbhibby
24-12-2020, 05:48 PM
Tavernier, for all that he is great going forward, isn’t the best defender. Could we play Boyle on the left and let Wright play on the right? That might give the Huns biggest attacking threat something to think about?

I assume we’ll go with just Nisbet up front and a central midfield three of Hallberg, Newell and Gogic, with Boyle and Wright out wide. Defence picks itself.
I was thinking the same about Boyler up against Taverneir as most of their assists come from the right hand side and Taverneir does not like players cutting inside onto his left side. Gullan can play wide on the left as well.

Hibees1973
24-12-2020, 05:51 PM
The hun have only conceded 5 goals in the league so far this season and we got 2 of them.

Porteous/Morelos could be a sideshow on this game, but my feeling is that Morelos won't start. Feel Gerrard will view Morelos as a risk of getting sent off.

Gerrard must see us as one of their biggest dangers of dropping points, so I expect Rangers to be well up for this one. TBH I don't see us getting anything from this.

Would be nice to give them a fright and see them panic a bit. St Mirren have proved they can be vulnerable. The league is their priority so I would settle for a 2 goal defeat, no injuries with no sendings so we can focus on the game against Ross Co.

Nice of SKY to put this on SKY1.

A Hi-Bee
24-12-2020, 05:53 PM
The hun have only conceded 5 goals in the league so far this season and we got 2 of them.

Porteous/Morelos could be a sideshow on this game, but my feeling is that Morelos won't start. Feel Gerrard will view Morelos as a risk of getting sent off.

Gerrard must see us as one of their biggest dangers of dropping points, so I expect Rangers to be well up for this one. TBH I don't see us getting anything from this.

Would be nice to give them a fright and see them panic a bit. St Mirren have proved they can be vulnerable. The league is their priority so I would settle for a 2 goal defeat, no injuries with no sendings so we can focus on the game against Ross Co.

**** the hun and all who play and support them
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Franck Stanton
24-12-2020, 06:16 PM
Reading this thread it would appear we have lost already. No point In playing the game just settle for a 3-0 defeat & have the day off.

Smartie
24-12-2020, 06:52 PM
:agree: A respectable defeat will be one that I'll be willing to take on the chin this time.

As long as we don't do what we did last season and go from a 2-1 defeat to a 6-1 defeat by losing 4 goals in the last 15 minutes.

If we’re 2-1 down with 15-20 minutes remaining, I’d rather we gambled on chasing a point and lost heavily than accepted a narrow defeat every single day of the week.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-12-2020, 07:13 PM
This is the kind of game that's impossible to predict. It could go 1 of 2 ways. We play out of our skin and get a result (draw or 1 goal win) or get pumped 5 or 6 zip. I wouldn't be surprised either way tbh.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 07:22 PM
If we’re 2-1 down with 15-20 minutes remaining, I’d rather we gambled on chasing a point and lost heavily than accepted a narrow defeat every single day of the week.

Yes absolutely when it's 2-1 but once it goes to 3-1 in the 75th minute you surely just accept it's not your day, put 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game and just move onto the next match with a 3-1 defeat. Especially when you're already down to 10 men.

You surely don't continue attacking and leave yourself open at the back and end up conceding another 3 goals.

calumhibee1
24-12-2020, 08:08 PM
We’ll do very well to get anything out of this imo.

I reckon Doidge being out injured could actually be a blessing as it’ll pretty much force us to go one up top.

Hopefully we can keep it tight first half and try and nick a goal second half :agree:

B.H.F.C
24-12-2020, 08:29 PM

I reckon Doidge being out injured could actually be a blessing as it’ll pretty much force us to go one up top.

Hopefully we can keep it tight first half and try and nick a goal second half :agree:

We’re the only team to have laid a glove on them and it was by having a go. If I remember rightly Nisbet ended up playing off the left towards the end of that game but it’s not what we did for the majority.

Nisbet is a good player but up front on his own against them I don’t think he’d get a kick. I think we might go with a back three and push Boyle up with him.

erin go bragh
24-12-2020, 09:00 PM

That’s a 💩 attitude. Attack the Orcs and I’d never settle for a 2 goal defeat
They have only beat us 7 times in 34 attempts have sevco .

cammy1969
24-12-2020, 09:38 PM
I would target taviners side of pitch that’s where all our joy came from in the final he leaves so much space as he pushes forward

SChibs
24-12-2020, 10:27 PM

Barnes
Hallberg Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet Wright

I can see us playing these players but in reality it will be more of a 4-5-1 during the game, which is fine.

Sir David Gray
24-12-2020, 10:36 PM

Doidge is suspended so at least it should mean he's available for the Ross County game.

calumhibee1
24-12-2020, 11:18 PM
Doidge is suspended so at least it should mean he's available for the Ross County game.

Apologies, so he is.

basehibby
25-12-2020, 02:08 AM

Barnes
Hallberg Gogic Newell
Boyle Nisbet Wright

I agree with most of your assessment but is Mallan not worth a shout in a midfield three? He may not be as strong defensively as Gogic but the flipside is he might get a bit more room to play against Rangers than some other teams in the league and might help us take the game to them. Fared well against Celtic at ER IIRC.

houstonhibbee
25-12-2020, 05:25 AM
I agree with most of your assessment but is Mallan not worth a shout in a midfield three? He may not be as strong defensively as Gogic but the flipside is he might get a bit more room to play against Rangers than some other teams in the league and might help us take the game to them. Fared well against Celtic at ER IIRC.

Think Mallans still injured

Nicho87
25-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Halberg
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet

Diclonius
25-12-2020, 09:09 AM
Tomorrow's a free hit. I won't be expecting anything.

Eyrie
25-12-2020, 09:14 AM
Tomorrow's a free hit. I won't be expecting anything.

Agreed.

For that reason I'm relaxed about playing Barnes so that Marciano gets another couple of days to recover rather than risk him if he's not 100%.

Hibernia&Alba
25-12-2020, 10:18 AM
We are not going to beat them at Ibrox, but I won't allow it to spoil Christmas. I will be on the Guinness early.

Radium
25-12-2020, 05:22 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201225/1cddf95699322cc22053a58577f62c67.png

Weather looks awful

Jones28
25-12-2020, 05:40 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201225/1cddf95699322cc22053a58577f62c67.png

Weather looks awful

Do what hearts did to us, drag them in to a battle and use the conditions. Works against us so let’s work with the conditions.

25-12-2020, 05:47 PM
I don’t consider Huns beaten without a statement. We could win 3-0 but without a statement from the big hoose it’s worthless.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2020, 06:07 PM
Hope we don’t just sit back. Do exactly what we did the last time we played them.

We will get chances so need to have a bit of quality when they come. Get right in their faces from the off like the last game as well.

kaimendhibs
25-12-2020, 08:03 PM
I really really fancy us to win tomorrow. We have a strong squad, plenty pace and guile and a decent record at Ipox

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
25-12-2020, 08:05 PM
On a side note, i said said to my wife I should be thinking about travel plans and attire for tomorrow. Gutted

Sir David Gray
25-12-2020, 08:33 PM
I really really fancy us to win tomorrow. We have a strong squad, plenty pace and guile and a decent record at Ipox

I'd sell a kidney for a win tomorrow.

B.H.F.C
25-12-2020, 08:38 PM

If you really do, you’re getting 10/1 for a Hibs win.

dp00
25-12-2020, 08:44 PM
If you really do, you’re getting 10/1 for a Hibs win.

I’ve seen as high as 12/1 , surely worth a punt

JohnM1875
25-12-2020, 08:58 PM
I’ve seen as high as 12/1 , surely worth a punt

12/1 on William Hills. I'm all over that.

It's The Rangers we're playing. Hardly prime Barca.

Is It On....
25-12-2020, 09:06 PM
12/1 on William Hills. I'm all over that.

It's The Rangers we're playing. Hardly prime Barca.

Basically a 7.5% chance of Hibs winning...

Since452
26-12-2020, 08:45 AM
Incredibly relaxed about today. Nobody including me expects us to take anything. Nothing to lose. Hopefully the weather throws a spanner in the works.

dp00
26-12-2020, 08:49 AM
Surely with those odds I’m missing something ? Rangers are playing well yeah but it’s not exactly like we are playing bad either

Alfred E Newman
26-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Unlike most of the other teams in the league we will go to Ibrox and play an open game. That will leave us more vulnerable to a heavy defeat than most but it also gives us great chance of creating an upset.

B.H.F.C
26-12-2020, 08:50 AM
Surely with those odds I’m missing something ? Rangers are playing well yeah but it’s not exactly like we are playing bad either

It’s a big price. I don’t expect much today but I’ll be disappointed if we go through there and get a doing, which those odds kind of suggest are quite likely.

Jdawg
26-12-2020, 08:53 AM
Morelos is frustrated at the moment. He flung a forearm at the Utd player. Porteous should wind him up from the first second (which I think he will anyway) and try and get him sent off.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2020, 08:59 AM

They're averaging more than 3 goals per game at Ibrox in the league so far and have lost only one goal in those 9 games.

I don't think the odds are really a reflection on us as such, I'd say they're more a reflection on how well they are doing so far.

Hibernia&Alba
26-12-2020, 09:01 AM
We mustn't concede early. If we can keep it 0-0 for as long as possible, the better for us.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 09:01 AM
Yes absolutely when it's 2-1 but once it goes to 3-1 in the 75th minute you surely just accept it's not your day, put 10 men behind the ball for the rest of the game and just move onto the next match with a 3-1 defeat. Especially when you're already down to 10 men.

You surely don't continue attacking and leave yourself open at the back and end up conceding another 3 goals.

And let's be honest Rangers could have scored 10 in that game easily. Think Hecky took a midfielder off after sending off putting I think another forward on, Kamberi.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 09:04 AM
We mustn't concede early. If we can keep it 0-0 for as long as possible, the better for us.

Yep Rangers have steamrollered teams early. Motherwell were doing well last week against them until they gave away a couple of poor goals late on. They played 3 at the back. Personally think Rangers are still a little bit weak psychologically and if we can keep it tight or nick a goal could be a good day.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Morelos is frustrated at the moment. He flung a forearm at the Utd player. Porteous should wind him up from the first second (which I think he will anyway) and try and get him sent off.

Don't think he will start

WhileTheChief..
26-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Looking forward to this, should be a good game with both sides in decent form.

Will be delighted with a point provided we don’t throw away a two goal lead to get it.

Be pure ragin’ if that happens :greengrin

Since452
26-12-2020, 09:18 AM
We all saw the difference the conditions made in the semi and 2nd half of the final. Definitely a leveller. I think WH have been daft giving 12/1 odds.

Hibernia&Alba
26-12-2020, 09:22 AM
We are are 10/1 at Paddy Power. I think I will put a tenner for a bit of fun. You never know...

Since90+2
26-12-2020, 09:25 AM
We are are 10/1 at Paddy Power. I think I will put a tenner for a bit of fun. You never know...

12/1 with Hills.

Heisenberg
26-12-2020, 09:29 AM

He always seems to score against us, which is a shame. Got a bad feeling Porteous might do something daft today and get himself into trouble.

Jim44
26-12-2020, 10:00 AM
I think it will be a dirty game with a couple of red cards. Gerrard really hates us and will have them really wound up.

Barney McGrew
26-12-2020, 10:07 AM
I think it will be a dirty game with a couple of red cards. Gerrard really hates us and will have them really wound up.

I think a Porteous sending off is a stick on

Pretty Boy
26-12-2020, 10:13 AM
Who is our sub keeper today?

Martin and Dabrowski are both out on loan? Will it be Samson?

Vault Boy
26-12-2020, 10:15 AM
Who is our sub keeper today?

Martin and Dabrowski are both out on loan? Will it be Samson?

Yeah I think it will be. He was on the bench when Rocky was away on international duty.

GlesgaeHibby
26-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Yeah I think it will be. He was on the bench when Rocky was away on international duty.

Edit: Marciano starts, so no need!

Samson on bench, rocky out.

Vault Boy
26-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Samson on bench, rocky out.

They've deleted the Tweet so I'm guessing Marciano doesn't actually start. :greengrin

Heisenberg
Josh Doig starts.

Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Nisbet

we are hibs
Barnes, McGinn, Porteous, Hanlon, Doig, Boyle, Gogic, Newell, Hallberg, Wright, Nisbet

Vault Boy
26-12-2020, 10:20 AM
Interesting call with Doig over Stevenson. Wonder if Lewis has a slight knock but is just able to make the bench?

Mikey
26-12-2020, 10:21 AM
Josh Doig starts.

Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Doig

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Nisbet

Or........

Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Doig
Gogic
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Boyle
Nisbet

Stuart93
26-12-2020, 10:22 AM
As worse a hibs bench as I’ve ever seen. Near enough nothing from the bench changes the game

Massive call on starting Doig. Thought he was massively off it before he got dropped

wookie70
26-12-2020, 10:24 AM
Surely Lewis has a knock. Positionally Doig has struggled a wee bit against the better sides and he is up against the best right side attack in the league today. Great chance to show what he has but for me that selection, enforced or not, weakens us hugely. Wright defensively is pretty good but he will have to be at the top of his game today.

JimBHibees
26-12-2020, 10:25 AM
As worse a hibs bench as I’ve ever seen. Near enough nothing from the bench changes the game

Massive call on starting Doig. Thought he was massively off it before he got dropped

Got to assume Lewis had a knock from Wednesday

Barney McGrew
I’m not holding out much hope for today

Speedy

Aye, not a lot of options.

Heisenberg

Can only guess Stevenson isn’t up to playing so many games in such a short period of time.

JimBHibees
Surely Lewis has a knock. Positionally Doig has struggled a wee bit against the better sides and he is up against the best right side attack in the league today. Great chance to show what he has but for me that selection, enforced or not, weakens us hugely. Wright defensively is pretty good but he will have to be at the top of his game today.

Agree

G B Young
26-12-2020, 10:26 AM

Is that the case? Maybe I've missed something but I haven't got that impression. He was talking us up as title contenders recently plus we seem to have an OK relationship with them when it comes to loans/signings.

Unseen work
26-12-2020, 10:26 AM
With Doig coming in it must be a 352.

Not the strongest team and bench I’ve seen but it’s upto them to prove me wrong.

Callum_62
26-12-2020, 10:27 AM
. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/9e2ccbaadb662522300592145d26be8f.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Stuart93
26-12-2020, 10:28 AM
Doig up against Tav is giving me nightmares

Is magennis injury prone or what? Don’t think he’s played 2 games in a row without being out injured after it. I understand the boy’s had a serious injury but if you’re missing a player for almost half a season after he’s signed he should never have been signed

Callum_62
Who's missing today?

Doidge, Magennis, Murphy, Mallan?

Sir David Gray
I’m not holding out much hope for today

Yeah I think we'll be doing "well" to come away with a 1 or 2 goal defeat.

wookie70

Have we not got a couple of Dev players who could at least make up the rest of the subs bench.

Mikey_1875
Or........

Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Doig
Gogic
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Boyle
Nisbet

Think you’re right with that formation, Ross maybe thinking Doig will get up and down the wing better than stevenson

Sir David Gray
26-12-2020, 10:29 AM
Who's missing today?

Marciano and Allan.

Callum_62
Doig up against Tav is giving me nightmares

Is magennis injury prone or what? Don’t think he’s played 2 games in a row without being out injured after itI think or what

Coming back form a long layoff it's common to get niggles as you return to the first team

Unseen work
Rangers;

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldon
Balogun
Barisic

Davies
Aribo
Kamara

Hagi
Kent
Roofe

Subs; McLaughlin, Bassey, Helander, Zungu, Barker, Arfield, Morelos, Itten, Defoe

The difference in squad depth is frightening.

PH91
26-12-2020, 10:30 AM
Who's missing today?

Allan, Marciano, Mackie

we are hibs
26-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Whats happening with Mackie

Billy Whizz
26-12-2020, 10:33 AM
Not enough fit players for Hibs today, to fill our bench
We’re playing well just now, so let’s just give it a go

Pretty Boy
26-12-2020, 10:33 AM
Or........

Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Doig
Gogic
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Boyle
Nisbet

I think this could be it. Play a wing back and give Tavernier something to think about defensively. A straight 442 isn't really an option at Ibrox with their movement off the ball and ability to shift the ball quickly.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2020, 10:36 AM
Rangers;

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldon
Balogun
Barisic

Davies
Aribo
Kamara

Hagi
Kent
Roofe

Subs; McLaughlin, Bassey, Helander, Zungu, Barker, Arfield, Morelos, Itten, Defoe

That's where sectarianism gets you.

Keith_M
Can somebody that's a total cheapskate, and doesn't have Sky or any other subscriptions, watch this game live?

For free?

A Hi-Bee
Rangers;

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldon
Balogun
Barisic

Davies
Aribo
Kamara

Hagi
Kent
Roofe

Its the difference in finance that is frightening, but that is the un-even playing field of Scottish Football one which most appear to eccept as being fine, with no need to change?
**** the hun and all who play and support them
:thumbsup:

Col2
26-12-2020, 10:37 AM
Rangers will win by at least 2. We will miss Rocky and Doidge and are struggling for numbers with injuries. Doig a bit risk against the most inform player in the league.

wookie70
26-12-2020, 10:38 AM
With Doig coming in it must be a 352.

Not the strongest team and bench I’ve seen but it’s upto them to prove me wrong.

That would leave him 1 on 1 with Taveneir and would makes us weaker down that side which is where most of The Rangers goals come from. If Lewis isn't injured I suspect Ross is hoping Doig has the ability to get up and down and give them something to think about and maybe keep Taveneir back a bit. Lewis has to start for me if fit but maybe Ross has a plan which will work or he has no option because of a knock.

I guess it is a 451 with Doig and Wright doubling up to try and mitigate the threat down the The Rangers right.

Already this looks to be a big story within the game

dp00
26-12-2020, 10:51 AM
Game on sky 1 as swell as sky sports

Unseen work
26-12-2020, 10:52 AM
For me Doig will more or less just man mark Tav and not go forward at all.

Boyle will drift left from a central position and try exploit the space.

Hanlon will take Hagi.

Hiber-nation
26-12-2020, 10:53 AM
To get anything from this game we'll need to be ultra disciplined in everything we do, get a large slice of luck and hope the huns have a really bad day.

Jim44
26-12-2020, 10:57 AM
Is that the case? Maybe I've missed something but I haven't got that impression. He was talking us up as title contenders recently plus we seem to have an OK relationship with them when it comes to loans/signings.

I don’t know about him talking us up as contenders. Possibly trying to wind up Celtic. I know that the game at ER when John Potter was sent to the stand, caused a lot of real animosity. I’m also not so sure about an ok relationship in loans/signings as I heard that the negotiations prior to McRorie going to Aberdeen were heated to say the least. Ok, we subsequently got Murphy from them but I heard that relationships were poor to say the least.

Keith_M
26-12-2020, 11:04 AM
Game on sky 1 as swell as sky sports

Hi, just saw in the DR that I can watch the game for free, but where and how do I go about doing this?

Cheers

BILLYHIBS
26-12-2020, 11:07 AM
Scott Allan giving his analysis Sky One

Hiber-nation
26-12-2020, 11:11 AM
Hi, just saw in the DR that I can watch the game for free, but where and how do I go about doing this?

Cheers

Sky One is on Freeview.

Keith_M
26-12-2020, 11:13 AM
Sky One is on Freeview.

Thanks

:greengrin

Smartie
26-12-2020, 11:15 AM
Rangers;

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Goldon
Balogun
Barisic

Davies
Aribo
Kamara

Hagi
Kent
Roofe

I don’t rate that Balogun at all.

The rest of their team looks very strong.

WhileTheChief..
26-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Our midfield is going to be problem today I think.

We really need to strengthen it up in January.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Sky One is on Freeview.

This was mentioned on here the other day, when did that happen and what channel?

I've never seen Sky One on Freeview.

Smartie
26-12-2020, 11:22 AM
Or........

Barnes

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Doig
Gogic
Newell
Hallberg
Wright

Boyle
Nisbet

Don’t know if you know something that we don’t, but that’s what Sky have gone with.

Can’t see it myself,

basehibby
26-12-2020, 12:03 PM
This was mentioned on here the other day, when did that happen and what channel?

Same here - have just re-scanned the channels on my tele and Sky One aint there.

Seems like a case of bogus false news from the Daily Record - who'd ha' thunk it ?!?

basehibby
26-12-2020, 12:04 PM
And precisely one minute after locating the radio coverage Hagi scores - 01 - jeez!

Sir David Gray
26-12-2020, 12:06 PM
Same here - have just re-scanned the channels on my tele and Sky One aint there.

Seems like a case of bogus false news from the Daily Record - who'd ha' thunk it ?!?

Yeah I'm as certain as I can be that Sky One's not on Freeview.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Anyone tried to watch this on NowTV with the mobile pass? No joy for me. Keeps on asking for a pass which I’ve bought. If this is not included its miss-selling *******. Hate Sky.

Hiber-nation
26-12-2020, 09:14 PM
Thanks

:greengrin

Sorry, I don't use Freeview but I googled it....Daily Record fake news!

EI255
26-12-2020, 11:50 PM
Go Celtic

Eyrie
27-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Go Celtic

As long as they take the other arse cheek with them.

Keith_M
27-12-2020, 09:26 AM

I did that as well and couldn't find it either.

Sorry, I don't use Freeview but I googled it....Daily Record fake news!

No problem, mate, I appreciate your help anyway

:aok:

G B Young
27-12-2020, 02:52 PM
I don’t know about him talking us up as contenders. Possibly trying to wind up Celtic. I know that the game at ER when John Potter was sent to the stand, caused a lot of real animosity. I’m also not so sure about an ok relationship in loans/signings as I heard that the negotiations prior to McRorie going to Aberdeen were heated to say the least. Ok, we subsequently got Murphy from them but I heard that relationships were poor to say the least.

We also got Greg Docherty on loan from them last season.

Gerrard said last month: "I’m sure in the Aberdeen and Hibs camps they’ll welcome all the spotlight being on the Old Firm. They can go about their business quietly, find a level and try to stay with us for as long as they can. They’re both very good teams, who have started the season extremely well. We certainly won’t be writing anyone off at this stage and we don't regard it as a two-horse race."

He was also pretty complimentary about us yesterday. I'm not exactly a fan of his but I'm just not really seeing a particular hatred of Hibs from him.

Jim44
27-12-2020, 09:12 PM
We also got Greg Docherty on loan from them last season.

Gerrard said last month: "I’m sure in the Aberdeen and Hibs camps they’ll welcome all the spotlight being on the Old Firm. They can go about their business quietly, find a level and try to stay with us for as long as they can. They’re both very good teams, who have started the season extremely well. We certainly won’t be writing anyone off at this stage and we don't regard it as a two-horse race."

He was also pretty complimentary about us yesterday. I'm not exactly a fan of his but I'm just not really seeing a particular hatred of Hibs from him.

Fine. Just go on thinking that if you want. It’s no big deal. He seems to have fooled a few maybe many, into thinking he’s a decent guy, ‘cos things are going his way and by all accounts will continue to do so. He’s a snake and as long as they continue to walk the league, he’ll save his venom.