PDA

View Full Version : Scott McTominay

theonlywayisup
21-12-2020, 12:24 PM
How good was he yesterday? Two goals in the 2nd and 3rd minutes! Great driving runs forward! Great passing! Still running even into the final minutes.

Brilliant to see a 'Scot' doing well down in the English Premier League.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/sports-personality/55390891

If only Scotland could find a decent right sided centre back then we could get him into midfield alongside McGinn. Thoughts?

Scottie
21-12-2020, 12:29 PM
The boys a monster athletically one of the fittest around. Will only get better imo as well. So pleased he picked Scotland to represent.

HoboHarry
21-12-2020, 12:33 PM
How good was he yesterday? Two goals in the 2nd and 3rd minutes! Great driving runs forward! Great passing! Still running even into the final minutes.

If only Scotland could find a decent right sided centre back then we could get him into midfield alongside McGinn. Thoughts?
Seen a number of posts on here about him not being Man U quality and wondered how many times the posters had seen him play. He is excellent and will play at a high level for a long time to come.....

The 90+2
21-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Seen a number of posts on here about him not being Man U quality and wondered how many times the posters had seen him play. He is excellent and will play at a high level for a long time to come.....

Two or three years time he will be one of the worlds best midfielders.

Pretty Boy
21-12-2020, 12:42 PM
He's a freak in terms of fitness.

If Billy Gilmoir kicks on we have a few very exciting players playing at a very good level. We just need to uncover a right sided defender and a young goalkeeper.

The 90+2
21-12-2020, 12:45 PM

If Billy Gilmoir kicks on we have a few very exciting players playing at a very good level. We just need to uncover a right sided defender and a young goalkeeper.

We have one. I wonder if he would change to Scotland though when Boruc is his hero.?

jacomo
21-12-2020, 12:49 PM

Agree with this. I’d like to see him play the same role for Scotland that he does for his club. I can see why Clarke plays him at the back but it’s a compromise solution to me.

Vault Boy
21-12-2020, 12:55 PM
We really need to start playing him in midfield for Scotland.

poolman
21-12-2020, 12:59 PM

It's a total waste playing him at the back for Scotland, hope Mr Happy watched yesterday

Lago
21-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Agree, we loose more than we gain by playing at back in the Scotland team, midfield for me every time.

The Modfather
21-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Two or three years time he will be one of the worlds best midfielders.

I think that’s going too far. He’s 24, so still fairly young and will improve, especially with experience, but can’t ever see him being one of the worlds best midfielders. If he had the right players round him he could match Darren Fletcher, not the best midfielder ever (but still a good player in his own right) but made Man U greater than the sum of their parts and allowed the more talented players to do their thing.

Saying all that, with the right manager and team around him, you only have to look at Jordan Henderson. Never saw him achieving what he has and being as integral as he is. Shame McToninay came through at Man U and isn’t under Klopp’s tutelage.

ancient hibee
21-12-2020, 01:20 PM
I was amazed to see Leeds allow ManU players pick up the ball in their penalty area and run totally unopposed into the Leeds one. Wouldn't happen in a public park game.Certainly would prefer him further forward for Scotland.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2020, 01:47 PM
Great touch to set himself up for his second goal yesterday.

Scott Allan Key
21-12-2020, 01:51 PM

If Billy Gilmoir kicks on we have a few very exciting players playing at a very good level. We just need to uncover a right sided defender and a young goalkeeper.Porteous is that player

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

J-C
21-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Showed what kind of midfielder he is, note to Clarke, play him in midfield where he belongs and not in defence.

Monts
21-12-2020, 02:13 PM
I'm glad he cut his hair

SJNB Hibby
21-12-2020, 03:03 PM

He's scored three times as many goals as McBurnie----he'd be a better choice as centre forward:greengrin

EI255
21-12-2020, 03:13 PM
I agree. Wasn't too convinced at first, but he was a power house yesterday and had an outstanding game. He could go onto something REALLY big. Great player now.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

neil7908
21-12-2020, 03:15 PM
I agree. Wasn't too convinced at first, but he was a power house yesterday and had an outstanding game. He could go onto something REALLY big. Great player now.

Me too. Didn't think he'd make it at Man United but he's come on so much. We need to get him into midfield for Scotland.

J-C
21-12-2020, 08:13 PM
He's scored three times as many goals as McBurnie----he'd be a better choice as centre forward:greengrin

They said during commentary that he started off as a striker.

Speedy
21-12-2020, 08:26 PM
We have one. I wonder if he would change to Scotland though when Boruc is his hero.?

?

HoboHarry
21-12-2020, 08:32 PM
?
Think he was meaning Kevin Dabrowski?

Speedy
21-12-2020, 11:07 PM
Think he was meaning Kevin Dabrowski?

I wondered if that’s who he meant. Is it 2022 he would become eligible?

Angun Gunn may get another phone call at some point.

JimBHibees
22-12-2020, 06:08 AM

To be fair I don't think it is possible to play against a midfield as wide open as Leeds was

The dalmeny
22-12-2020, 06:22 AM

depends what you mean by young

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 09:27 AM
?

KD, aye.

Andy74
22-12-2020, 09:28 AM
KD, aye.

We should probably see if at 22 he can be a first choice club goalkeeper at a decent level before suggesting he’s the future of Scottish football.

lucky
22-12-2020, 03:52 PM
Porteous is that player

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Highly unlikely due to his poor passing ability and daft tackles. There must have been a reason why both Considine and Hanlon both got capped before him when they weren’t in the originally squad

Just_Jimmy
22-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Seen a number of posts on here about him not being Man U quality and wondered how many times the posters had seen him play. He is excellent and will play at a high level for a long time to come.....every week since I live there and until this year had a season.

he's mostly average. he's certainly not great and talk of ever being one of the best in the world based on one good game is nonsense.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 09:49 PM
Highly unlikely due to his poor passing ability and daft tackles. There must have been a reason why both Considine and Hanlon both got capped before him when they weren’t in the originally squad

A very big reason. They’re left footed!

Speedy
22-12-2020, 11:27 PM

I'd be very disappointed if he doesn't get at least 15 Scotland caps but to do so he needs to keep improving.

Not the answer now, but in 12 months you never know.