PDA

View Full Version : Craig Gordon

cowdenhibby
20-12-2020, 06:22 PM
In my opinion Craig Gordon got his comeuppance today. Immediately after hertz equalized in extra time they were awarded a free kick on the edge of their own penalty area. Instead of going for the jugular it took him fully 1 minute and 5 sec to take the free kick. Obviously wasting time and hoping for penalties. Well we all know how that panned out.:na na:

Since452
20-12-2020, 06:26 PM
Not so smug today

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 06:27 PM
He’s always been a cheat. On and off the field.

Vault Boy
20-12-2020, 06:28 PM
His reaction to Edouard's delightful penalty was absolutely pathetic. Very glad his team shat it, as per.

Monts
20-12-2020, 06:46 PM
Does Craig Gordon get a winners medal for his part in Celtics cup run?

EI255
20-12-2020, 06:48 PM
Showed her class throwing the ball at Celtic players after the cheeky pen.

Woopsie [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

granty6_2
Even Donald agrees😂😂😂

EI255
Does Craig Gordon get a winners medal for his part in Celtics cup run?Nut.

Nicho87
Every goal he always puts his hand up in the hope the ref has seen a foul. He done it today for one the goals, one of the slowest goal kick takers I’ve ever seen.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2020, 06:49 PM
Does Craig Gordon get a winners medal for his part in Celtics cup run?One of those big giant foam hands to help keep out Panenka style penalties might be more useful.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2020, 06:58 PM
**** ploocky Gordon and **** the hertz and all who support them.
:greengrin

Billy Whizz
20-12-2020, 07:12 PM
Hazard saved more penalties than Gordon did today

EI255
20-12-2020, 07:41 PM
This is what a loser looks like.... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201220/58c080d9a7a1329897d232299f2932c5.jpg

Spike Mandela
20-12-2020, 07:42 PM
Even Donald agrees😂😂😂
:greengrin:aok::thumbsup::greengrin

we are hibs
20-12-2020, 08:07 PM
Hes a knob.

kaimendhibs
20-12-2020, 08:12 PM
Hated him ever since he got Dean Shiels sent off. I was in about row 6, he lay on ground patting his head. Spotty skinny cheat

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Iggy Pope
20-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Hes a knob.

He’s a spotty knob. No one anywhere fancies that much.

matty_f
20-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Hated him ever since he got Dean Shiels sent off. I was in about row 6, he lay on ground patting his head. Spotty skinny cheat

:agree:

No sympathy for him at all.

whiskyhibby
20-12-2020, 08:17 PM
One of those big giant foam hands to help keep out Panenka style penalties might be more useful.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

🤣🤣🤣🤣

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 08:21 PM

That’s the row in front of where I was. Turned his back with the ball and done it on purpose. Get it up him.

Itsnoteasy
20-12-2020, 09:45 PM
This is what a loser looks like.... https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201220/58c080d9a7a1329897d232299f2932c5.jpg

Shows how much he cares. Can't remember seeing any Hibs players like that when we got pumped 5-1.

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 09:51 PM
Shows how much he cares. Can't remember seeing any Hibs players like that when we got pumped 5-1.

I can. Many of the players where totally gutted.

Hillsidehibby
20-12-2020, 10:17 PM

Do you honestly think Dean Shiels was not in the wrong there?

hibbydog
20-12-2020, 10:37 PM
Classless loser. Far too high opinion of himself to think that someone wouldn’t dare to do a panenka against him. Really enjoyed it personally and I hope they’re all greeting in their Gorgie slums tonight

kaimendhibs
20-12-2020, 10:38 PM
Do you honestly think Dean Shiels was not in the wrong there?Yip. He didnt go near his head or face. He was running into get the ball and spotty stepped across his bath on purpose. At no time did Dean hit Spottys head. Thanks for asking tho Craig

MWHIBBIES
21-12-2020, 12:20 AM
Yip. He didnt go near his head or face. He was running into get the ball and spotty stepped across his bath on purpose. At no time did Dean hit Spottys head. Thanks for asking tho Craig

https://youtu.be/QTw53u7_VFs?t=248

Dunno what incident you are talking about but definitely not this one. Shiels clearly in the wrong. Gordon not even looking at him

Magpie
21-12-2020, 04:02 AM
When it went to penalties I thought it was scripted for him to have a blinder and win it for them. Thankfully they bottled it.

kaimendhibs
21-12-2020, 11:36 AM

Dunno what incident you are talking about but definitely not this one. Shiels clearly in the wrong. Gordon not even looking at himFair enough. Was long time ago and Im old [emoji85]

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2020, 12:15 PM
Yip. He didnt go near his head or face. He was running into get the ball and spotty stepped across his bath on purpose. At no time did Dean hit Spottys head. Thanks for asking tho Craig

Lucky he didnae end up in hot water for that really! 😉

The 90+2
21-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Lucky he didnae end up in hot water for that really! 😉

Plukey did. The amount of stuff launched at him after it.

I still for the life of me, can’t comprehend how Whittaker’s hit over on the side of their old **** stand stayed out hitting both posts. It still baffles me.

Weegreenman
21-12-2020, 12:57 PM
Big plooky lesbian been taking lessons on how to be a moaning faced bad loser from a certain goalkeeper over at Ipox.

Danderhall Hibs
21-12-2020, 01:02 PM

Nonsense. Although I’m not convinced that isn’t a photo of him watching Eduard’s penalty sail over his head.

ancient hibee
21-12-2020, 01:27 PM
Nonsense. Although I’m not convinced that isn’t a photo of him watching Eduard’s penalty sail over his head.

It's immediately after the winning penalty. The Celtic goalie came over and commiserated.

EI255
21-12-2020, 03:20 PM
Shows how much he cares. Can't remember seeing any Hibs players like that when we got pumped 5-1.Who cares now. History.

EI255
21-12-2020, 03:21 PM
Classless loser. Far too high opinion of himself to think that someone wouldn’t dare to do a panenka against him. Really enjoyed it personally and I hope they’re all greeting in their Gorgie slums tonightThat pen will live LONG in the memory [emoji16]

Overrated GK and really really rubbish TV pundit (give that up son!)

cowdenhibby
21-12-2020, 03:41 PM
:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

superfurryhibby
21-12-2020, 03:47 PM

Dunno what incident you are talking about but definitely not this one. Shiels clearly in the wrong. Gordon not even looking at him

An act of utter idiocy from SheiLs, that cost us the game.

Gordon is still a plook faced welt though.

McSwanky
21-12-2020, 03:55 PM
His wee pal Neil McCann sticking up for him I see. Boo ****ing hoo.

Honestly, getting upset because someone had the confidence to watch you dive early and dink it down the middle? Get a grip.

jacomo
21-12-2020, 04:59 PM

Honestly, getting upset because someone had the confidence to watch you dive early and dink it down the middle? Get a grip.

Hilarious. Total snowflakes.

“Mum! That man who is paid to score goals against me scored a goal against me and it’s so UNFAIR.”

I wonder if Budge will take the SFA to court to demand there be two Scottish Cup winning teams this year, due to the unprecedented unfairness and all that?

G B Young
21-12-2020, 06:59 PM
His reaction to Edouard's delightful penalty was absolutely pathetic. Very glad his team shat it, as per.

I'm guessing that's what he got a yellow card for?

JimBHibees
22-12-2020, 05:52 AM

Yep never heard anything so ridiculous in my life goalie takes the huff because a forward scores a penalty. Would have been even more hilarious if the ball he threw had hit a player and he had been sent off. McCann just showing his self obsessed I know everything about football but I am the worst manager on the planet bitterness. Giru them both.

G B Young
22-12-2020, 06:51 AM
An act of utter idiocy from SheiLs, that cost us the game.

Gordon is still a plook faced welt though.

Zibi equally culpable with that pitiful attempt at a save from the Hartley free kick. I'd forgotten quite how horrendous our keepers could be during that era.

G B Young
22-12-2020, 07:02 AM
That pen will live LONG in the memory [emoji16]

Overrated GK and really really rubbish TV pundit (give that up son!)

I recall Neilson raving after the semi-final about how because of his height he makes it extra hard for players to score against him, but there wasn't much evidence of that on Sunday. Being tall doesn't necessarily make you a better keeper and if fact I'd suggest Gordon doesn't make the most of it, often lacking conviction coming for crosses. He's certainly not in the same league as, say, the diminutive Andy Goram, whose all-round game was pretty much flawless. I used to know a Sunderland season ticket holder who said they were expecting something really special for the money they spent on him but felt he was no better than average and prone to blunders.

He'll be decent enough at Scottish Championship level I guess.

Since452
22-12-2020, 07:06 AM
Personally thought Gordon cockily laughing his head off when he made that brilliant save in the semi was more disrespectful than the Celtic boys Penenka. Karma strikes again.

Sir David Gray
22-12-2020, 07:35 AM
I'm guessing that's what he got a yellow card for?

Yes, if the ball had hit Edouard he would have been sent off.

Danderhall Hibs
22-12-2020, 07:36 AM

He’s lucky his distribution is shockingly bad.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 07:37 AM
He’s lucky his distribution is shockingly bad.

Some things never change when trying to find a Celtic player.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 08:35 AM

No he wouldn’t, it was petulant, not violent, hence why he threw the ball into the ground. Had he bounced it off his napper it may have been different. No keeper likes being dinked, your pride takes a bit of a pounding, but ive never reacted by firing the ball at the player and taking the huff 😂

Sir David Gray
22-12-2020, 09:00 AM
No he wouldn’t, it was petulant, not violent, hence why he threw the ball into the ground. Had he bounced it off his napper it may have been different. No keeper likes being dinked, your pride takes a bit of a pounding, but ive never reacted by firing the ball at the player and taking the huff 😂

I'm fairly certain he would have been sent off if the ball had struck Edouard or indeed any other Celtic player. There isn't anything in the rules about petulance only being a yellow card.

The ball was thrown with a degree of force, he's just fortunate that he threw ball downwards so it bounced before it got as far as Edouard.

The 90+2
22-12-2020, 09:10 AM
I'm fairly certain he would have been sent off if the ball had struck Edouard or indeed any other Celtic player. There isn't anything in the rules about petulance only being a yellow card.

The ball was thrown with a degree of force, he's just fortunate that he threw ball downwards so it bounced before it got as far as Edouard.

He’s also got previous doing it or falling down or acting a **** when conceding a goal. Not quite McGregor standards but he’s still a plukey pleb dick.

Spike Mandela
22-12-2020, 09:11 AM
First recollection of a young Craig Gordon was a second half appearance in a preseason friendly in the ill fated Festival Cup around 2003, I think . I remember saying to myself “ look at this lanky streak of pish coming on”:greengrin little did I know we were in the presence of a future £9m player.

To be honest, at his peak, he was an excellent keeper and a decent asset to his clubs and Scotland. Never really had strong feelings of dislike for him over and above the Dean Shiels game and the usual feelinsgs of rivalry. He’s certainly not as big a wind up merchant as some of the clowns over there. Liked the time he came out to the touchline to take a free kick at ER and somebody threw a rugby ball on to the pitch, due to rumours of them moving to Murrayfield, and he picked it up and threw it back rugby style.:greengrin It’s just a game, some times you’ve got to have a laugh.

Anyway, he and all the Hearts players will be hurting just now, who wouldn’t but they gave Celtic a hell of a fright and I am gutted we didn’t make the final as I think we could have won that. Hey ho there’s always the League cup.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 09:23 AM

Violent conduct has to have a degree of brutality about it. There was no brutality throwing the ball into the ground. Like I said, had be threw it directly at a players face then he’d be in bother, it wasn’t lucky that he threw it into the ground, he did it on purpose for this reason.

Petulance is covered within the laws of cautionable offences, ones that fall short of using excessive force and brutality against an opponent.

G B Young
22-12-2020, 12:41 PM

I'm not so sure he does throw it into the ground deliberately. Looking at this I think he just flings it angrily in the direction of Eduoard and it lands a couple of feet short of him:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/55387652

I don't really see why a keeper would feel his pride had been dented by conceding a goal that way. It takes a fair bit of skill and nerve to pull it off successfully (I'm still pained by Mixu's failed attempt when he had the chance to win a derby...plus Jason Cummings put our Scottish Cup hopes in the balance with his effort in the semi-final) and I would have thought a keeper would just have to hold his hand up and admit the penalty taker got the better of him.

HibbyKeith
22-12-2020, 12:59 PM
I don't really see why a keeper would feel his pride had been dented by conceding a goal that way. It takes a fair bit of skill and nerve to pull it off successfully.

It's like getting nutmegged, every player hates it! There's an element of pisstakery and is the very reason there is a cheer from the supporting fans when it happens. Exactly the same with the dink down the middle IMO. Great when it happens but only if its not against you

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

G B Young
22-12-2020, 02:18 PM
It's like getting nutmegged, every player hates it! There's an element of pisstakery and is the very reason there is a cheer from the supporting fans when it happens. Exactly the same with the dink down the middle IMO. Great when it happens but only if its not against you

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Yeh, I agee to an extent but a nutmeg is a more spontaneous moment of opportunity whereas the dink down the middle requires a lot more nerve I'd suggest. I'd say a keeper would be more humiliated when letting a tame shot through their legs than being outwitted by skill.

hibbysam
22-12-2020, 02:36 PM
Yeh, I agee to an extent but a nutmeg is a more spontaneous moment of opportunity whereas the dink down the middle requires a lot more nerve I'd suggest. I'd say a keeper would be more humiliated when letting a tame shot through their legs than being outwitted by skill.

That’s them being humiliated by their own error though. Someone else humiliating you doesn’t go down well, it’s not nice. Not saying it isn’t right, it’s class, and takes balls of steel to do, but as a keeper it feels horrible.

Rumble de Thump
22-12-2020, 03:32 PM
Craig Gordon's error was diving too early to his right, making it all too easy for Edouard.

lucky
22-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Gordon and co blew it in the final. Celtic were there for the taking but they never turned up for the first 45 minutes. Losing a cup final on penalties will hurt them for a long time to come

EI255
22-12-2020, 06:22 PM

Honestly, getting upset because someone had the confidence to watch you dive early and dink it down the middle? Get a grip.Another Loser.

EI255
22-12-2020, 06:22 PM
Gordon and co blew it in the final. Celtic were there for the taking but they never turned up for the first 45 minutes. Losing a cup final on penalties will hurt them for a long time to comeAnd don't they know it!!!!

(trying not to be smug [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787])

h1bs4life
22-12-2020, 06:25 PM
The lesser green at work was saying that Gordon has only ever saved 4 penalties in his whole career , thought that couldn't be right.
Transfermarkt seems to confirm it.
The mini huns at work are all still hurting big time , seems to get them upset when you say ' unlucky lads but you should be very proud ' long may it continue.
In fairness not to much was said after the semi final but guaranteed if they won you would never hear the end of it.
Wanted them to get hammered but the way it went was much better.

heidtheba
22-12-2020, 07:00 PM
First recollection of a young Craig Gordon was a second half appearance in a preseason friendly in the ill fated Festival Cup around 2003, I think . I remember saying to myself “ look at this lanky streak of pish coming on”:greengrin little did I know we were in the presence of a future £9m player.

To be honest, at his peak, he was an excellent keeper and a decent asset to his clubs and Scotland. Never really had strong feelings of dislike for him over and above the Dean Shiels game and the usual feelinsgs of rivalry. He’s certainly not as big a wind up merchant as some of the clowns over there. Liked the time he came out to the touchline to take a free kick at ER and somebody threw a rugby ball on to the pitch, due to rumours of them moving to Murrayfield, and he picked it up and threw it back rugby style.:greengrin It’s just a game, some times you’ve got to have a laugh.

Anyway, he and all the Hearts players will be hurting just now, who wouldn’t but they gave Celtic a hell of a fright and I am gutted we didn’t make the final as I think we could have won that. Hey ho there’s always the League cup.

I met him in the park once when we were walking our dogs. I'm not a massive football person these days (I spend more time on here than actually watching any games and only watch Hibs when I do). I didn't realise who he was, although my Spidey senses were tingling. He was there with his kids and was just a really nice bloke. We didn't talk about football, but he was just a dad with his kids and his dogs and came over as a friendly and polite guy.

Hibiza
22-12-2020, 07:10 PM

Spot on sir .

heretoday
23-12-2020, 05:34 AM
I met him in the park once when we were walking our dogs. I'm not a massive football person these days (I spend more time on here than actually watching any games and only watch Hibs when I do). I didn't realise who he was, although my Spidey senses were tingling. He was there with his kids and was just a really nice bloke. We didn't talk about football, but he was just a dad with his kids and his dogs and came over as a friendly and polite guy.

We'll I met him in Sainsbury's and he had talons for hands and a head like a Komodo dragon. Great keeper though.