PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

Monts
20-12-2020, 04:46 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but was listening on the radio. They talked about SB getting in Naismith's face after the Griffith's goal, and then after full time getting involved with the hearts players.

What's the story there?

HH81
20-12-2020, 04:47 PM
The TV showed the start of it then panned away at full time.

hibee
20-12-2020, 04:48 PM
I think Naismith said something to Leigh when they passed for their penalties so maybe a response to that.

Billy Whizz
20-12-2020, 04:50 PM
I didn't get to see the game, but was listening on the radio. They talked about SB getting in Naismith's face after the Griffith's goal, and then after full time getting involved with the hearts players.

What's the story there?

Didn’t see that incident, but they were at it all day, and Naismith was lucky to stay on the park. He gets away with murder

Hibee87
I think Naismith said something to Leigh when they passed for their penalties so maybe a response to that.

Leigh certainly made a shut up gesture with his hand after scoring his pen

The 90+2
I hope Brown said unlucky to Naismith for almost winning one more Cup winners medal than the team he supports. Wee runt.

S4uzee
Leigh certainly made a shut up gesture with his hand after scoring his pen

Yes and Naismith stamped on Brown again. Naismith is a wee rat

Jim44
20-12-2020, 05:00 PM

Naismith was at it right through the game. He clearly fouled the keeper when they scored. He really is a nasty piece of excrement.

NAE NOOKIE
20-12-2020, 05:02 PM

Yeh he did, Naismith has form for that kind of thing and knew exactly what he was doing, Hetz plucky fight back should have been even pluckier .... IE with 10 men.

Hibee Mac
20-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Naismith up to his usual horrible antics and gamesmanship.

Should have been red carded for stamp on brown, should have been at least his second yellow when he elbowed brown in the chops. Fouled the keeper for their 2nd goal, the list goes on.

Monts
https://twitter.com/Celtic1967_com/status/1340696500859494400?s=19

blackpoolhibs
I have said in the past that I'd like to see Scott Brown back at Hibs before he retired. I think those days have gone now, I can't see where he'd fit in now, and at his age he is not going to get any better. Surely this is his last season?

Crab apple
20-12-2020, 05:15 PM
Is there a more dislikeable player in Scotland today than Naismith. He's a sneaky little rat. Makes hun McGregor and Morelos look like saints.

B.H.F.C
20-12-2020, 05:16 PM
Brown was at it the whole game, well at the points where Celtic were winning. He seemed more interested in noising them up than the game.

Monts
20-12-2020, 05:19 PM
Is there a more dislikeable player in Scotland today. He's a sneaky little rat. Makes hun McGregor and Morelos look like saints.

Not sure if you're talking about Brown or Naismith...

marinello59
Is there a more dislikeable player in Scotland today. He's a sneeky little rat. Makes hun McGregor and Morelos look like saints.

I can see why people dislike him but sneaky? Never. The type of player you hate when he plays against you but would love in your own team. He seems to have rapidly declined this season though , I think it will be a coaching role for him soon.

SaulGoodman
Browns almost as bad, the pair of them are a couple of pricks on the football pitch.

Crab apple
20-12-2020, 05:20 PM
I can see why people dislike him but sneaky? Never. The type of player you hate when he plays against you but would love in your own team. He seems to have rapidly declined this season though , I think it will be a coaching role for him soon.

Edited. I should have made it clear I was talking about Naismith. I like SB.

Crab apple
20-12-2020, 05:21 PM
Not sure if you're talking about Brown or Naismith...

Spot on. I should have said Naismith.

jacomo
20-12-2020, 05:22 PM
I have said in the past that I'd like to see Scott Brown back at Hibs before he retired. I think those days have gone now, I can't see where he'd fit in now, and at his age he is not going to get any better. Surely this is his last season?

Good first half today, faded second half. Agree that the time for his return has probably gone.

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Is there a more dislikeable player in Scotland today than Naismith. He's a sneaky little rat. Makes hun McGregor and Morelos look like saints.

I'd say it's 50:50 between the two of them 😉

Greenbeard
20-12-2020, 05:29 PM
I'd say it's 50:50 between the two of them 😉
No way. Absolutely no way.
Nasalsmith shades it 51:49.

Since452
20-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Got to say I quite enjoyed that battle between them

marinello59
20-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Edited. I should have made it clear I was talking about Naismith. I like SB.

Ah.... makes sense now. :greengrin

Centre Hawf
20-12-2020, 05:37 PM

I think next season could still be a possibility in terms of contribution to us as a player, but it's probably the last chance for it to happen. You see today he still has something to give to a team in the Scottish Premiership and having him in our midfield would still improve us, even as an option rather than a constant starter.

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 05:39 PM
Got to say I quite enjoyed that battle between them

Especially as Naismith was the one greetin’ at the end.

Dr What If?
20-12-2020, 05:42 PM
When it comes to noising up opponents there is no one better (or worse) than Brown....at times he goes close to the wire and now he is getting to a certain age it seems that this is the biggest part of his game. What he has never done is stamp on players or throw a sneaky elbow when he thinks the ref is looking the other way. Brown walks a very thin line but Naismith crosses it....he should be looking at a nice wee ban for his stamp in the first half.

J-C
20-12-2020, 05:44 PM

Definitely a sneaky wee rat, he continually leaves the foot in, studs up, raking down players calves, sneaky elbows and late tackles, horrible runt of a player who I have no time for at all.

Edit. Just seen your reply to Crab apple .

Brummie_Hibs
20-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Think that'll be Brown's last Cup final.

marinello59
20-12-2020, 05:47 PM
Definitely a sneaky wee rat, he continually leaves the foot in, studs up, raking down players calves, sneaky elbows and late tackles, horrible runt of a player who I have no time for at all.

Edit. Just seen your reply to Crab apple .

I’m lost now.... did you think I was talking about Naismith after I thought Crab Apple was talking about Brown? :greengrin

weecounty hibby
20-12-2020, 05:50 PM
Naismith is one player that I really wouldn't mind if he got an injury that finished his career. He is a dirty see prick, a sneak as well. Remember him laughing at one of celtics players after he injured him. ******!

J-C
20-12-2020, 05:51 PM
I’m lost now.... did you think I was talking about Naismith after I thought Crab Apple was talking about Brown? :greengrin

Yes mate, that's why I did the edit, thought you were sticking up a bit for Naismith.

I'm Spartacus
20-12-2020, 05:51 PM
Naismith is a total prick BUT Brown is 10x worse IMO, zero class about Brown.

The Harp Awakes
20-12-2020, 05:55 PM
When it comes to noising up opponents there is no one better (or worse) than Brown....at times he goes close to the wire and now he is getting to a certain age it seems that this is the biggest part of his game. What he has never done is stamp on players or throw a sneaky elbow when he thinks the ref is looking the other way. Brown walks a very thin line but Naismith crosses it....he should be looking at a nice wee ban for his stamp in the first half.

Yup, perfectly summed up.

Since452
20-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Naismith is one player that I really wouldn't mind if he got an injury that finished his career. He is a dirty see prick, a sneak as well. Remember him laughing at one of celtics players after he injured him. ******!

Odious little hun rat. Perfectly suited to that mob

Lendo
20-12-2020, 05:57 PM
See someone’s posted his address on Kickback.

How quickly Hearts fans forget Naismith getting in players faces.

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 06:09 PM

What? Celebrating in front of players is worse than celebrating a player being injured all of a sudden?

madhatter
20-12-2020, 06:10 PM
We need a player like Brown. Naismith would do that in his face in a second and I don't get this whole polite, proper club stuff. I'd love a Hibs player to celebrate right in the face of Naismith and Christophe (are we playing Rugby?) Berra. To be honest, I would celebrate like Brown every day of the week against Hearts. I would find the most despicable one in their ranks and just celebrate in his face.

Hibs are too nice a club.

Well done Scott Brown for celebrating in Naismith's face, he's been needing that done to him for a long time, horrible anti-football player.

Seeing Hearts lose and Scott Brown do that has honestly put a bit of shine on my day.

scoopyboy
20-12-2020, 06:15 PM
We need a player like Brown. Naismith would do that in his face in a second and I don't get this whole polite, proper club stuff. I'd love a Hibs player to celebrate right in the face of Naismith and Christophe (are we playing Rugby?) Berra. To be honest, I would celebrate like Brown every day of the week against Hearts. I would find the most despicable one in their ranks and just celebrate in his face.

Hibs are too nice a club.

Well done Scott Brown for celebrating in Naismith's face, he's been needing that done to him for a long time, horrible anti-football player.

Seeing Hearts lose and Scott Brown do that has honestly put a bit of shine on my day.

Was it Naismith that Scott Brown was having a go at after the pens were finished?

madhatter
20-12-2020, 06:16 PM
Was it Naismith that Scott Brown was having a go at after the pens were finished?

Think so. Think it was Naismith and Haring that were having a bit of aggro with him.

Monts
20-12-2020, 06:27 PM
https://twitter.com/annemarie6377/status/1340723075650871300?s=09

Aldo
20-12-2020, 06:32 PM

Laugh out loud moment.

So you think Naismith has class? FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
20-12-2020, 06:43 PM
Laugh out loud moment.

10 x 0 = 0 😉

Aldo
20-12-2020, 06:44 PM
10 x 0 = 0 [emoji6]

[emoji23]

A Hi-Bee
20-12-2020, 06:50 PM

I smell a bit o gorgie in this thread, Broony is 10 times better than that wee hun prick will ever be, Brown may well end up back at Hibs in some capacity, which will be fine by me, we talk about winners well he is one for sure.
**** the hertz and all who support them.
:thumbsup:

gaz1875
20-12-2020, 07:21 PM
During the stamp incident did the commentator not say "a tramp by Naismith" never a truer word said.

DH1875
20-12-2020, 07:23 PM
Naismith deliberately stamped on Brown and should have walked for it if ref seen it. He also done Brown with an elbow at one of their corners.

Did anyone else see Brown's pre match interview? Basically said he feels great, is far from finished and could go on for another few years. Said he'd love to stay at Celtic but if the manager decided he wasn't good enough then so be it.

The Spaceman
20-12-2020, 07:48 PM
Some thick Jambo has posted Scott Brown's home address on Kickback. How utterly weird are that lot?:confused:

Completely and utterly rattled.

20-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Naismith was shouting and moaning all game. Brown knew what he was doing - keeping niggling away at Naismith and he will eventually snap and get himself sent off. Brown did the exact same to Morelos and Morelos fell for it hook line and sinker.

Iggy Pope
20-12-2020, 08:11 PM
I’d love to see a Hibs skipper getting held back from getting in the Hertz faces after a cup final win mind you. Priceless.

Kato
20-12-2020, 08:29 PM
I’d love to see a Hibs skipper getting held back from getting in the Hertz faces after a cup final win mind you. Priceless.

Oh yup.

20-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Hearts fans outraged about Brown but they would be absolutely lapping it up if it was Naismith or Halliday

Rumble de Thump
20-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Halliday and Naismith both assaulted Scott Brown today so the Hearts fans can latch in to those fond memories.

kaimendhibs
20-12-2020, 10:03 PM
Laugh out loud moment.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkReally. No danger

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
20-12-2020, 10:04 PM
Some thick Jambo has posted Scott Brown's home address on Kickback. How utterly weird are that lot?:confused:

Completely and utterly rattled.Utter disgrace

Aldo
21-12-2020, 05:51 AM
Really. No danger

My interpretation of his post!

jacomo
21-12-2020, 07:58 AM
https://twitter.com/annemarie6377/status/1340723075650871300?s=09

That’s a bit nasty.

Jim44
21-12-2020, 08:10 AM

I think it’s more serious than just ‘weird’. Why would you do that, other than trying to incite anti-social behaviour at best and criminal, violent behaviour at worst? It amounts to a threat like, ‘don’t walk alone down a dark street for a few days’.

Aldo
21-12-2020, 09:29 AM
That’s a bit nasty.

It is and let’s not kid ourselves on, that was deliberate and he knows exactly what he’s doing.

Red card every day of the week!

Speedy
21-12-2020, 09:33 AM
Hearts fans outraged about Brown but they would be absolutely lapping it up if it was Naismith or Halliday

This thread is the same but the other way round.

Naismith and Brown are similar. Really not much between them other than our own club biases.

Anthony Soprano
21-12-2020, 09:45 AM
I took great pleasure in watching SB winding them up, unless he's playing against Hibs he's quite entertaining.

Naismith is a horrible wee rat of a player, well suited to that bunch. Was great seeing some of them in tears at FT

Sean1875
21-12-2020, 10:21 AM

The irony of that thread on kickback littered with comments of how Brown is classless when patter like that just appears to be completely brushed under the carpet is baffling. Also just saw a post saying they hope he gets a debilitating illness... utterly disgusting at the best of times but when you consider they have recently mourned Zaliukas passing due to MND it makes it even more horrific.

neil7908
21-12-2020, 10:27 AM
The irony of that thread on kickback littered with comments of how Brown is classless when patter like that just appears to be completely brushed under the carpet is baffling. Also just saw a post saying they hope he gets a debilitating illness... utterly disgusting at the best of times but when you consider they have recently mourned Zaliukas passing due to MND it makes it even more horrific.

They are always the victims at Hearts, Budge has installed that mentality in them which is pretty hilarious given how terrible a job she's done.

There is a a very Trumpian element of their support that denies reality or facts and looks to blame anyone else for their problems, with 0 self reflection.

Keith_M
21-12-2020, 11:12 AM

Naismith and Brown are similar. Really not much between them other than our own club biases.

I generally agree with that... though I think Naismith's deliberate stamp on Brown just swings it in his favour.

Brown has been getting away with a ridiculous amount in the last few years, including some tackles bordering on assault (e.g. in our 4-2 defeat at Darkheid) but rarely, if ever, gets carded.

CMurdoch
21-12-2020, 11:31 AM
I generally agree with that... though I think Naismith's deliberate stamp on Brown just swings it in his favour.

Brown has been getting away with a ridiculous amount in the last few years, including some tackles bordering on assault (e.g. in our 4-2 defeat at Darkheid) but rarely, if ever, gets carded.

Pair of wind up merchants. Always trying to get opposition players to react, always trying to pressure the referee. Always trying to get an advantage for their team.
It was fun watching them yesterday. At one point Brown was chasing Naismith round the Celtic goalkeeper. That one ended up with Naismith getting booked after the referees patience finally ran out.

yonder1875
21-12-2020, 12:19 PM
Really don’t get why people don’t enjoy Scott Brown winding up winding them up, Naismith stamps on Brown (which he’s got previous for) and nothing is said, Scott Brown goads in his face... outrage.

Get it so far up Steven Naismith, dirty hun bassa.

ancient hibee
21-12-2020, 01:43 PM
Don't think Brown will play much now.It was clear against us that he doesn't have it anymore.

EI255
21-12-2020, 03:17 PM
I think Naismith said something to Leigh when they passed for their penalties so maybe a response to that.He did. It's was very clear on TV.

Sore loser is Naismith. With no crowd, you could clearly hear Naismith throughout trying to get decisions from the ref etc and having a go at others. If that's why he's 'international standard' then that's poor. Anyone can do that.

Bitter, bitter Hun.

GIRFUY

ekhibee
21-12-2020, 08:05 PM

A future manager of Hibs?

Onion
21-12-2020, 08:16 PM
Brown has the measure of Hearts. It's a key reason for celtic sorting that mob out, despite them trying to up their game.

Sauzee, Mixu, Latapy and few of their mates (2000/01) had the same kind attitude, which we sorely miss.

truehibernian
21-12-2020, 08:32 PM
Really don’t get why people don’t enjoy Scott Brown winding up winding them up, Naismith stamps on Brown (which he’s got previous for) and nothing is said, Scott Brown goads in his face... outrage.

Get it so far up Steven Naismith, dirty hun bassa.

Question Steven Naismith has to ask is how effective he was in the game overall from a playing perspective - none is the answer. A typical example (of Naismith) forgetting about his own performance and being too engrossed in a rival player who was never going to rise to it (in game time).

1) there is absolutely no doubt Neilson told Naismith to do that, 2) that's to the detriment to the team as many have tried, all have failed, 3) Naismith is a good player at this level and if he'd been so bothered to forget about his own little demon and played the way he can he could have affected the actual game more for Hearts, and 4) his stamp was the sign of a man and player who is a coward and not a genuine 'hard man'- there's always an official or fellow players to bail in and help :cb if I were a Hearts fan today I would be questioning Naismith's professionalism and approach to that game. Scott has clearly been in his head and mind well before kick off - I'd also add that was probably in the thinking of Lennon. A Naismith focusing on a personal 'oneupmanship' battle means Hearts are/were less effective.

My only disappointment yesterday is that Hibs could have beaten that Celtic side, defensively they were a car crash.

EI255
21-12-2020, 09:00 PM
Question Steven Naismith has to ask is how effective he was in the game overall from a playing perspective - none is the answer. A typical example (of Naismith) forgetting about his own performance and being too engrossed in a rival player who was never going to rise to it (in game time).

1) there is absolutely no doubt Neilson told Naismith to do that, 2) that's to the detriment to the team as many have tried, all have failed, 3) Naismith is a good player at this level and if he'd been so bothered to forget about his own little demon and played the way he can he could have affected the actual game more for Hearts, and 4) his stamp was the sign of a man and player who is a coward and not a genuine 'hard man'- there's always an official or fellow players to bail in and help :cb if I were a Hearts fan today I would be questioning Naismith's professionalism and approach to that game. Scott has clearly been in his head and mind well before kick off - I'd also add that was probably in the thinking of Lennon. A Naismith focusing on a personal 'oneupmanship' battle means Hearts are/were less effective.

My only disappointment yesterday is that Hibs could have beaten that Celtic side, defensively they were a car crash.He is a clearly player with anger management issues.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Kato
21-12-2020, 09:38 PM
He is a clearly player with anger management issues.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

A lot of that stuff isn't done out of anger, he's just a snide.

CMurdoch
21-12-2020, 10:54 PM
Pair of wind up merchants. Always trying to get opposition players to react, always trying to pressure the referee. Always trying to get an advantage for their team.
It was fun watching them yesterday. At one point Brown was chasing Naismith round the Celtic goalkeeper. That one ended up with Naismith getting booked after the referees patience finally ran out.

The following piece from May this year quoting Brown kind of backs up my opinion of Scott and Naismith and what happens when they are on the same pitch:

Celtic skipper, Scott Brown, has revealed a friendly rivalry with a fellow Scotland international, Steven Naismith in a conversation with Norwich counterpart Grant Hanley as part of an initiative with their club’s shared sponsor, as reported in The Daily Record (https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-skipper-scott-brown-reveals-21972179).

Brown is never far from the battle on the pitch in green and white and since Naismith returned north of the border with Hearts the pair haven’t shirked a challenge (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/44030591) when facing each other.
Playing in the same area of the pitch, the international colleagues are frequently in close contact with each other and Brown said of their recent confrontations:
“Even playing against Naisy (Naismith) now, I just laugh because I moan a lot right, but Naisy is non-stop. During training, during games, anything. He’d moan that black is white and white is black.
“The two of us are getting deeper and deeper so Naisy has gone from a striker to a no.10 so the two of us are somehow marking each other and it’s literally non-stop the whole game. It’s ‘I’m coming for you’ or he’s coming for me.
“To be fair, it’s good because you know after the game straight away you shake hands and offski, but for 90 minutes we kick c**p out of other and moan at each other.”