PDA

View Full Version : Bottlers United

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 08:46 PM
Doesn’t matter how you look at it we are definitely a shower of bottlers. For a number of years we lose it big time against Hearts and the other supposed big teams.

This season in a very short space of time we again collapsed in the Scottish Cup v Hertz and then followed it up with feable fails against Celtic and St Johnstone. Yes we followed it up with 2 good away wins but today back to the gutless last minute collapse. Weak team again and really disappointing we don’t have players with the stomache to win a game.

Hibs grow a set please.

eastterrace
19-12-2020, 08:51 PM
Doesn’t matter how you look at it we are definitely a shower of bottlers. For a number of years we lose it big time against Hearts and the other supposed big teams.

This season in a very short space of time we again collapsed in the Scottish Cup v Hertz and then followed it up with feable fails against Celtic and St Johnstone. Yes we followed it up with 2 good away wins but today back to the gutless last minute collapse. Weak team again and really disappointing we don’t have players with the stomache to win a game.

Hibs grow a set please.as Lennon says hibs are like a boy band, and they turned up again today. We seem to have something hanging over us , just so frustrating.

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 08:52 PM

Hibs grow a set please.

That’s about the 5th person on here that has commented on us collapsing against St Johnstone.... in a game that we never led once in. Schoolboy error 😂

Brightside
19-12-2020, 08:57 PM
as Lennon says hibs are like a boy band, and they turned up again today. We seem to have something hanging over us , just so frustrating.

Lennon is full of *****. Like a lot of the posters that have turned up today and been missing as we made our way to 2nd in the league.

Alfred E Newman
19-12-2020, 08:57 PM

Hibs grow a set please.
Time for your baby bottle.

Zambernardi1875
19-12-2020, 08:58 PM
do you realize what youve let yourself in for

supermcginn
19-12-2020, 08:58 PM
Lennon is full of *****. Like a lot of the posters that have turned up today and been missing as we made our way to 2nd in the league.

Is he? How many trophies have you won? You seem to know better than anyone maybe you should apply for the Livingston or Ross county jobs.

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 09:01 PM
That’s about the 5th person on here that has commented on us collapsing against St Johnstone.... in a game that we never led once in. Schoolboy error 😂

Only said it was a feable fail but call it what you want

Unseen work
19-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Has anyone else noticed it’s only the games we draw/lose that are classed as big games?

Games we win are just classed as games we should have won.

Beating Motherwell 3-0 the other week was a big result for example.

I’ve seen people moan about we need to do x, y and z to be challenging Aberdeen. Well we’re currently challenging them pretty well at the moment as we’re two points above them.

I also saw someone saying we lacked bottle for missing an opportunity to go second in the league, despite having done this last week.

I’m as frustrated as the next Hibs fan about conceding a last minute goal as it does feel like a very us thing to do, buts it’s not. All clubs will experience results like this but as we don’t support them we won’t recognise this as much.

I can’t help but feel too many fans look at games/players in isolation and allow it to cloud their judgement massively until the next game.

The amount of pages of today’s match day thread in comparison to our games against Motherwell and Hamilton highlight this imo.

For some reason there’s a lot more comments and activity after a defeat that a win which I find bizarre.

Shrekko
19-12-2020, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know what a 'boy band' is in a football context? Always puzzled me and sounded like something that maybe sounded good but doesn't make sense. Boy bands are normally massive over achievers in a musical context so why is this a term people use?

Moulin Yarns
19-12-2020, 09:05 PM

Hibs grow a set please.

2 words, second one is off.

The United keeper played a blinder in stopping a cricket score.

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 09:06 PM
Time for your baby bottle.

My goodness such a mature reply. Show me your football knowledge ya plum

jeffers
19-12-2020, 09:07 PM
Can’t agree we bottled it today. We should have been out of sight, but our strikers had an off day, I never expect Doidge to score a one on one and Nisbet wasn’t really himself today. They got a lucky break for their equaliser. I think JR got the subs wrong though.

Blaster
19-12-2020, 09:11 PM
Place is full of them tonight is it not?

Unseen work
19-12-2020, 09:13 PM

Hibs grow a set please.

How on earth can you describe the performance as gutless? What a pathetic and lazy analysis.

We dominated the game and missed a number of very good opportunities, if it wasn’t for the keeper playing a blinder we would have won by 4 goals or so.

A last night deflection put it straight to Bolton who made no mistake, a huge bit of luck.

Its frustrating but gutless? Have a word.

One Day Soon
19-12-2020, 09:14 PM

A definitive .net post: “ My goodness such a mature reply.” immediately followed by “Show me your football knowledge ya plum”.

That’s as .net as it gets.

Hiber-nation
19-12-2020, 09:14 PM
Look at me lads, I'm gonny wind up all the happy clappers on Hibs.net.

One Day Soon
19-12-2020, 09:15 PM
Place is full of them tonight is it not?

Indeed it appears that way. Maybe a bit excited about tomorrow and need distraction.

Moulin Yarns
19-12-2020, 09:16 PM

This isn't going to finish well 🤔🙄

keep the faith
19-12-2020, 09:18 PM
2 words, second one is off.

The United keeper played a blinder in stopping a cricket score.

This. We were good today. Their keeper was incredible and Doidge was slack. Support the team man!

J-C
19-12-2020, 09:22 PM
There was nothing boy band about them today, the only thing you could hold against them was being very wasteful in front of goal, they were totally dominant for the full 90 mins other than that.

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 09:23 PM
How on earth can you describe the performance as gutless? What a pathetic and lazy analysis.

We dominated the game and missed a number of very good opportunities, if it wasn’t for the keeper playing a blinder we would have won by 4 goals or so.

A last night deflection put it straight to Bolton who made no mistake, a huge bit of luck.

Its frustrating but gutless? Have a word.

You are having a laugh. The group of Hibees I watched with all said the same. Yes Hibs were good and domoninated the game but we all knew what was coming a Hibs throw away as usual. If you and the rest can’t see the Hibs soft touch you just don’t get it

Pretty Boy
19-12-2020, 09:24 PM
We didn't bottle it today.

We turned up, played some good football and missed a few chances. When we came from 2-1 down to equalise v Rangers they didn't bottle it and we didn't bottle it today.

I'll criticise the team when it's deserved. We are largely to blame for only getting a point today due to the chances we missed but we still didn't bottle it.

Unseen work
19-12-2020, 09:24 PM
You are having a laugh. The group of Hibees I watched with all said the same. Yes Hibs were good and domoninated the game but we all knew what was coming a Hibs throw away as usual. If you and the rest can’t see the Hibs soft touch you just don’t get it

Im still waiting on you to describe what about the game was gutless from us?

Did we not dominate? Did we not create countless very good opportunities that we should have scored? Did their goal not come from a lucky break of the ball?

The game and performance was a lot of things, but gutless wasn’t one.

KDY Hibs
19-12-2020, 09:25 PM

Hibs grow a set please.

Bedwetters United.

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 09:25 PM
This isn't going to finish well 🤔🙄

You are right mate. Too many Hibs fans just can’t accept the fact we blow a large number of games late on. Bottlers for a large number of years

tamig
19-12-2020, 09:27 PM

Aye the bots are doing the rounds tonight.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2020, 09:27 PM
You are right mate. Too many Hibs fans just can’t accept the fact we blow a large number of games late on. Bottlers for a large number of years

What about the games when we score late equalisers and winners?

I've seen us do that loads over the years as well. Are the opponents bottlers in that situation?

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 09:28 PM
Im still waiting on you to describe what about the game was gutless from us?

Did we not dominate? Did we not create countless very good opportunities that we should have scored? Did their goal not come from a lucky break of the ball?

The game and performance was a lot of things, but gutless wasn’t one.

I didn’t say gutless I just said the same as my pals Hibs should have been 4 up but they weren’t and we just knew they would blow it. It’s the Hibs way

Cabbage Head
19-12-2020, 09:31 PM

Hibs grow a set please.

JEEZO ... (first post btw). Don't you even play the game in the player's shoes ? Nobody needs this.

keep the faith
19-12-2020, 09:33 PM
I didn’t say gutless I just said the same as my pals Hibs should have been 4 up but they weren’t and we just knew they would blow it. It’s the Hibs way

We played well today. I was gutted with the late goal but your miles off with this stuff and, sorry mate, but you sound like a yam.

Unseen work
19-12-2020, 09:34 PM

“This season in a very short space of time we again collapsed in the Scottish Cup v Hertz and then followed it up with feable fails against Celtic and St Johnstone. Yes we followed it up with 2 good away wins but today back to the gutless last minute collapse.”

You mentioned there that it was gutless.

I agree that I knew they would score a last minute goal when I saw the amount of chances we missed, ive seen us do it countless times. Doesn’t mean it was gutless though!

One Day Soon
19-12-2020, 09:35 PM

I reckon you’re about two pages and maybe ten posts away from immortalising yourself on .net by invoking ‘hibsing it’.

roo62
19-12-2020, 09:36 PM
It's only two points dropped in a league game FFS why are you making such a big deal about it. I think you and a few jamboree mates are at the wind up tonight. Folks please call it quits and let this thread wind down. Absolute nonsense.

Northernhibee
19-12-2020, 09:36 PM
Just when the Drey Wright thread popped up the other day was succeeded by the "bring back Yogi" thread I would have put money on us having a two way tie for "worst thread of the week". I was totally wrong, we've now got a one horse race.

Lex7zero
19-12-2020, 09:37 PM
I reckon you’re about two pages and maybe ten posts away from immortalising yourself on .net by invoking ‘hibsing it’.

Spot on we did Hibs it well spotted

One Day Soon
19-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Just when the Drey Wright thread popped up the other day was succeeded by the "bring back Yogi" thread I would have put money on us having a two way tie for "worst thread of the week". I was totally wrong, we've now got a one horse race.

A horse-faced ***** ******* one more like....

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 09:39 PM
Even the thread title needs a shaking. Does Hibs.net need a wee re-boot?

Jones28
19-12-2020, 09:39 PM

Hibs grow a set please.

**** off. Seriously, you know **** all about football if this is your analysis. We dominated today. The only thing those players did wrong was waste chances.

Bottlers?

**** off.