PDA

View Full Version : Marciano's kicking and distribution...

Scotty Leither
19-12-2020, 04:14 PM
...for an international goalkeeper is appalling. Time after time he kicks it aimlessly long, or out the park.

I think Boyle was giving him stick late on for harmlessly punting it right into the arms of the United goalkeeper, and any time his defenders give him a pass back you're shutting your eyes as to what he's going to do with it.

When you factor in Jack's usual last 15 minute substitution where he basically evacuates the midfield, you need a goalie who's a bit more tactically aware than Marciano simply handing the ball back to the opposition.

That's as poor as a Dundee United team i've seen in twenty years at Easter Road, but is it any surprise we've shipped a last-minute goal to them?

Not good enough, i'm afraid, and I think Bogdan was/is the better goalkeeper, and if somebody wants Marciano in January, i'd sell him.

wookie70
19-12-2020, 04:19 PM
He wasn't the problem today and I think he has improved his kicking and distribution. Still need to improve more though. Gogic lost possession far more and that substitution in hindsight was one of the big reasons we ended up being pressed back. The composure on the ball and long periods of possessions disappeared when Gogic came on. Not being too critical as he came on at a tricky time with their subs settled into the game and he was returning from injury

Smartie
19-12-2020, 04:24 PM
I thought he looked very wobbly today without really having anything to do.

Always hard when the keeper on the other side is having a stormer though. The United keeper was immaculate - handling was great, positioning was superb so a lot of the chances were hit straight at him, reaction saves good.

Marciano just looked jittery. Crap kicking, poor decisions, no chance at the goal really which was unfortunate.

Vault Boy
19-12-2020, 04:25 PM
It's always been his weakness. His keeping more than makes up for it in my book.

Bangkok Hibby
19-12-2020, 04:25 PM
He also seems to take his eye off pass backs and ends up slicing it or skying it to short of halfway.
Continually gives me the fear. I wish he would command the box now and again. As good a goalie as he can be I would much rather we had kept Bogdan.

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 04:27 PM
Bogdan has turned into a world beater since he’s been away 😂 in a game where Marciano done absolutely nothing wrong, he’s taking a pounding. He’s not a silky footballer, but he’s a top class keeper for our level and we’re extremely lucky to have him.

Keith_M
19-12-2020, 04:27 PM
I realise he had a couple of poor long punts up the park but I'm struggling to see why anybody would single him out for criticism.

We ruined it for ourselves by the number of missed chances in front of goal.

Scotty Leither
19-12-2020, 04:28 PM
I thought he looked very wobbly today without really having anything to do.

Always hard when the keeper on the other side is having a stormer though. The United keeper was immaculate - handling was great, positioning was superb so a lot of the chances were hit straight at him, reaction saves good.

Marciano just looked jittery. Crap kicking, poor decisions, no chance at the goal really which was unfortunate.

I think he looks "jittery" all the time, which is another way of saying that he's not the bravest keeper around. Watch the Alloa goal again on Tuesday and he's turned his back on the ball after it's hit him, so that he doesn't know where the ball is when it spins off Hanlon.

So laidback he's horizontal, and I really think we've lacked a standout goalkeeper since Andersson.

Bangkok Hibby
19-12-2020, 04:29 PM
I realise he had a couple of poor long punts up the park but I'm struggling to see why anybody would single him out for criticism.

We ruined it for ourselves by the number of missed chances in front of goal.

I'm certainly not singling him out to blame for today. He always gives me the fear. I also thought Bogdan was a better keeper when he was here.

easty
19-12-2020, 05:20 PM
It's always been his weakness. His keeping more than makes up for it in my book.

Definitely

lenny leith
19-12-2020, 05:57 PM
...for an international goalkeeper is appalling. Time after time he kicks it aimlessly long, or out the park.

I think Boyle was giving him stick late on for harmlessly punting it right into the arms of the United goalkeeper, and any time his defenders give him a pass back you're shutting your eyes as to what he's going to do with it.

When you factor in Jack's usual last 15 minute substitution where he basically evacuates the midfield, you need a goalie who's a bit more tactically aware than Marciano simply handing the ball back to the opposition.

That's as poor as a Dundee United team i've seen in twenty years at Easter Road, but is it any surprise we've shipped a last-minute goal to them?

Not good enough, i'm afraid, and I think Bogdan was/is the better goalkeeper, and if somebody wants Marciano in January, i'd sell him.

100% Correct. I thought I was the only one that Marciano was just not a very good keeper.

Centre Hawf
19-12-2020, 06:02 PM
Best keeper in the league outside of McGregor at Rangers. If a couple of woeful kicks means we have a keeper of his standards then sign me up for 4 more years of it.

superfurryhibby
19-12-2020, 06:06 PM
Best keeper in the league outside of McGregor at Rangers. If a couple of woeful kicks means we have a keeper of his standards then sign me up for 4 more years of it.

Yep, best keeper at Hibs since Leighton. He has served us very well, kicking or not.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 06:08 PM
Brilliant stopper and the best naturally instinctive goalie I have ever seen but looks like the guy at school that was crap at fitba so got stuck in goals

I am one of his biggest critics and never really noticed it today though I do remember Boyler giving him a mouthful for repeatedly giving the ball back to the opposition