PDA

View Full Version : I'll take those odds

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Really crap to lose the win right at the end, no doubt about that.

But another really good performance. Same on Wednesday and we'll win easily. If we continue to improve and play like that we'll win plenty of games.

Hibs90
19-12-2020, 03:55 PM
Hibernian 2 4 1 11 10 +1 10

Home form: 2 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat 11GF 10GA

That's poor. Take it if you want :aok:

Silversand
19-12-2020, 03:56 PM
Numerous chances to finish this one off, some great saves from Utd keeper though. Frustrating game.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 03:57 PM

Home form: 2 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat 11GF 10GA

Who said otherwise?

Have we played as well as today in all of those games? If we had we'd have won more of them.

Sore result but if you actually look at the bigger picture, we'll a really good side. They're keeper had a real blinder and our strikers (not just Doidge) missed good chances. It wont happen every week.

HibeeHibernian4
19-12-2020, 03:57 PM
Took the literal odds of a draw at half time and stuck a tenner on the draw at 5/1. Printing money quite frankly.

Heisenberg
19-12-2020, 03:59 PM
Not sure we’ll be able to win easily against this St Mirren side. 11 unbeaten and another good result for them today.

Hibs90
19-12-2020, 04:00 PM
Who said otherwise?

Have we played as well as today in all of those games? If we had we'd have won more of them.

Sore result but if you actually look at the bigger picture, we'll a really good side. They're keeper had a real blinder and our strikers (not just Doidge) missed good chances. It wont happen every week.

We played well but the only thing that matters come the end of the season is the points total and our home record is simply not good enough.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 04:01 PM
We played well but the only thing that matters come the end of the season is the points total and our home record is simply not good enough.

Right, but its not the end of the season, is it? If we play consistently like today, gaining points will be no issue.

mutley
19-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Deleted : oops wrong thread !

murray26
19-12-2020, 04:08 PM

But another really good performance. Same on Wednesday and we'll win easily. If we continue to improve and play like that we'll win plenty of games.

I agree m8.. I really enjoyed our performance today.. 8 unbeaten can’t let our heads go down

Andy74
19-12-2020, 04:11 PM
Took the literal odds of a draw at half time and stuck a tenner on the draw at 5/1. Printing money quite frankly.

How nice for you.

flash
19-12-2020, 04:15 PM

Did ye aye.

HibeeHibernian4
19-12-2020, 04:16 PM
How nice for you.

Cheers mate. I'll continue to assess football realistically and make some money out of it at the same time. :thumbsup:

Andy74
19-12-2020, 04:21 PM
Cheers mate. I'll continue to assess football realistically and make some money out of it at the same time. :thumbsup:

Be sure to keep us updated on how all your bets on Hibs go.

1 8 7 5
19-12-2020, 04:25 PM

..And it was such licence to print money that you bet....£10:hyper

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2020, 04:26 PM

Well done, I never saw that coming, I thought we couldn’t be as bad at finishing again after half time, but the longer it went I came round to your way of thinking.😡

California-Hibs
19-12-2020, 04:28 PM

Sad.

HibeeHibernian4
19-12-2020, 04:31 PM
..And it was such licence to print money that you bet....£10:hyper

Sorry if we're not all as flushed with money as yourself. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
19-12-2020, 04:33 PM
What's the point of good performances if you cant turn them into 3 points? and this isn't the first time this season at Easter Road. We dropped 2 points against Celtic from 2 - 0 up. We blew a 2 - 0 lead against St Johnstone and now we have drawn a game we should have been out of sight in before half time. We played really well against Aberdeen and lost a game we should at least have drawn .... even at home to Hamilton we ended up clinging on in a game we had been strolling.

We have dropped 6 points at home in games we should have won and if we hadn't we would be 5 points ahead of Celtic and 8 points ahead of Aberdeen. Forget Celtic, realistically we wont finish above them, but the big challenge for this club for years has been to supplant Aberdeen as the leagues 3rd best team, this is a season where it's looked possible, but we are blowing it with inexcusable results like this.

I'm not dissing the actual performance, for most of that game we were excellent, but to play like that and not win is massively frustrating .... There has to come a point where you stop being 'encouraged' by good performances and start asking why these performances are producing draws rather than wins ... even in the Scottish cup semi we were the better team, but still bloody lost. Today should have the manager at least asking questions, because it's not good enough.

1 8 7 5
19-12-2020, 04:34 PM
Sorry if we're not all as flushed with money as yourself. :greengrin

:greengrin

but if i was presented with a licence to print money, even if I was rooked I would have put on..... £15.... at least :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
19-12-2020, 04:36 PM
What's the point of good performances if you cant turn them into 3 points? and this isn't the first time this season at Easter Road. We dropped 2 points against Celtic from 2 - 0 up. We blew a 2 - 0 lead against St Johnstone and now we have drawn a game we should have been out of sight in before half time. We played really well against Aberdeen and lost a game we should at least have drawn .... even at home to Hamilton we ended up clinging on in a game we had been strolling.

We have dropped 6 points at home in games we should have won and if we hadn't we would be 5 points ahead of Celtic and 8 points ahead of Aberdeen. Forget Celtic, realistically we wont finish above them, but the big challenge for this club for years has been to supplant Aberdeen as the leagues 3rd best team, this is a season where it's looked possible, but we are blowing it with inexcusable results like this.

I'm not dissing the actual performance, for most of that game we were excellent, but to play like that and not win is massively frustrating .... There has to come a point where you stop being 'encouraged' by good performances and start asking why these performances are producing draws rather than wins ... even in the Scottish cup semi we were the better team, but still bloody lost. Today should have the manager at least asking questions, because it's not good enough.

My thoughts exactly, happy with the progress, but very frustrated with how we are dropping points.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 04:43 PM

We came back twice against St Johnstone. We were never ahead.

We've turned plenty of good performances into wins this season. We've won 9 league games and 6 more in the league cup. 15 wins in all competitons before new year has happened twice in the last 20 years. 2000/2001 and 2015/16 (in the championship).

We've made serious progress and we're a really good side. There will be a few bumps along the way.

Unseen work
19-12-2020, 04:49 PM

Home form: 2 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat 11GF 10GA

I couldn’t care less what our record is at home/away, more concerned at the overall picture.

Right now we’re 3rd in the league and that’s all that matters, it doesn’t make a difference where we get our points.

BILLYHIBS

Can I have a pint of what you are drinking please? :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
Can I have a pint of what you are drinking please? :greengrin

What have I said that you disagree with?

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 04:51 PM
What have I said that you disagree with?
Start off by looking at post #2 looks bang average to me

If you are happy to accept that carry on

Heisenberg
19-12-2020, 04:55 PM

Home form hasn’t been brilliant. Away form has been. 3rd in the league. Disappointing result today given the performance but we move on.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 04:55 PM

Can you point out where I said I was accepting it?

Does not accepting it make any difference whatsoever?

Dashing Bob S
19-12-2020, 04:57 PM

I think this is a general feeling. We can’t close the game out or finish teams as well as we should, particularly at home, and given our performances. We’ve come on but we ain’t the finished article by a long way. Definitely good enough for 4th but 3rd? Not so sure.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Can you point out where I said I was accepting it?

Does not accepting it make any different whatsoever?
OK

Lets take it one step further

Take our away record and add to all our home games if they were all victories

Now that’s better

Much better :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
19-12-2020, 05:02 PM
We came back twice against St Johnstone. We were never ahead.

We've turned plenty of good performances into wins this season. We've won 9 league games and 6 more in the league cup. 15 wins in all competitons before new year has happened twice in the last 20 years. 2000/2001 and 2015/16 (in the championship).

We've made serious progress and we're a really good side. There will be a few bumps along the way.

I stand corrected on the St Johnstone game, but it's still the sort of home game you need to win to be serious challengers.

It's the home form that's so annoying ... in most seasons draws at home against the arse cheeks would be good results, but whats the point of the enormous effort we put into both these games if you are going to blow home matches like we did today? I suppose it puts one theory to bed, it's clearly not the Hibs crowd oozing nervousness down onto the pitch that accounts for this clubs historic ability to chuck matches away in the last 10 minutes.

Puts me in mind of the derby where Ozturk scored that late worldy equaliser for them in a game Hibs dominated from bloomin' start to finish, even before they went down to 10 men.

Sigh :confused:

The Modfather
19-12-2020, 05:03 PM
I think this is a general feeling. We can’t close the game out or finish teams as well as we should, particularly at home, and given our performances. We’ve come on but we ain’t the finished article by a long way. Definitely good enough for 4th but 3rd? Not so sure.

Yep, good summary. 4th is already secured IMO, and good progress, but we’re not ruthless enough for 3rd unless Aberdeen drop below their level of the last number of years.

Jim44
19-12-2020, 05:17 PM
My thoughts exactly, happy with the progress, but very frustrated with how we are dropping points.

On balance, I’d rather be carelessly dropping points, sitting third in the league than haemorrhaging points while sitting, say third or fourth bottom of the league. Aberdeen are realistically the ones to look at over our shoulder and, while I’m disappointed and frustrated, I’m still sleeping well at night.

Fergus52
19-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Is either of nisbet or doidges sitters go in (which 4 times out of 5, both would) then we'd all be sitting going on about how well we played.

Frustrating game but it's the usual suspects just wanting to stick the boot in and moan. How anyone can have a major problem with jack Ross and the current team when we're on track for our highest ever points total is beyond me.

Northernhibee
19-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Is either of nisbet or doidges sitters go in (which 4 times out of 5, both would) then we'd all be sitting going on about how well we played.

Frustrating game but it's the usual suspects just wanting to stick the boot in and moan. How anyone can have a major problem with jack Ross and the current team when we're on track for our highest ever points total is beyond me.

Sometimes you have to applaud a brilliant performance and the Dundee United keeper had a worldie of a performance. 10/10 from him and he earned his team a point.

We'll gain points from a game like that in the future too. It happens.

EI255
19-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Who said otherwise?

Sore result but if you actually look at the bigger picture, we'll a really good side. They're keeper had a real blinder and our strikers (not just Doidge) missed good chances. It wont happen every week.Even Dundee United TV were complimentary about us.

erin go bragh
19-12-2020, 05:52 PM
Utd always seem to unearth a very good keeper . Aye, it’s a gutter to draw but it was a good performance and on another day, could easily have been a 4 plus win .
Losing the goal in injury time is sore but we have scored the greatest injury time goal ever 😁

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 05:59 PM

No defender of the OP normally, but I can’t say I follow the impact of post #2 other than believing it to be an account of home form at one loss in eight and that’s incl two games v the OF.
But a bang average season this far would have us around 6th - 8th, not 3rd. I understand that.

Hibiza
19-12-2020, 06:03 PM
Great performance , should have scored more . A repititous story .

Alfred E Newman
19-12-2020, 06:07 PM
Without crowds I don’t think home advantage counts for much at the moment. In all my time watching the Hibs I don’t think we’ve won as many games away from home before Christmas , certainly not in the top league. I would imagine most clubs will look forward to playing on a good wide pitch like Easter Road without being intimidated by the home crowd. We will feel the same heading for Ibrox next week.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 06:24 PM
No defender of the OP normally, but I can’t say I follow the impact of post #2 other than believing it to be an account of home form at one loss in eight and that’s incl two games v the OF.
But a bang average season this far would have us around 6th - 8th, not 3rd. I understand that.

My point is we could easily have won both games against the OF and the other games we should be winning anyways

We could shudda also had a Scottish Cup Final to look forward to tomorrow and thank god for Stevie Mallan or we would’ve been out the League Cup to a bunch of part timers as that performance was not good

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 06:31 PM
My point is we could easily have won both games against the OF and the other games we should be winning anyways

We could shudda also had a Scottish Cup Final to look forward to tomorrow and thank god for Stevie Mallan or we would’ve been out the League Cup to a bunch of part timers as that performance was not good

So basically you'd be happy if we won every match?

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 06:33 PM

Pretty much 😃

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 06:36 PM

I’ll take those odds

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 06:39 PM

All very hypothetical all those games we should be winning and might’ve lost, as it ever was.

In a couple of years time all those stats you’re looking up for your ‘this day in history’ stuff will only tell the story of for or against.

You agree that the season is better than bang average though?

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 06:42 PM
All very hypothetical all those games we should be winning and might’ve lost, as it ever was.

In a couple of years time all those stats you’re looking up for your ‘this day in history’ stuff will only tell the story of for or against.

You agree that the season is better than bang average though?

So has this now turned from my response to a perfectly valid post by the OP to a personal attack?

This is no bang average season

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 06:48 PM
So has this now turned from my response to a perfectly valid post by the OP to a personal attack?

What’s personal about what I’ve asked you? You said the form was bang average, I picked up on that, I’m questioning that much. The rest is hypothetical. I’d love them to win every week too but it’s never been the case. Never.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 06:52 PM
What’s personal about what I’ve asked you? You said the form was bang average, I picked up on that, I’m questioning that much. The rest is hypothetical. I’d love them to win every week too but it’s never been the case. Never.

You don’t say!

SaulGoodman
19-12-2020, 06:52 PM

This is no bang average season

Where’s the personal attack?

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 06:53 PM
You don’t say!

It’s all that’s gonna make you happy though!

Iggy Pope
19-12-2020, 06:53 PM
Where’s the personal attack?

I never got that either.