PDA

View Full Version : Nisbet or shankland

zitelli62
19-12-2020, 12:16 PM
Having a debate today about who was the better player and I was obviously biased as I think nisbet brings more to the team than shankland ,nisbet can play different roles and still scores goals whereas shankland more of a poacher type, to me nisbet a better all round player ,we may see today and I could be proved wrong hope not.

truehibernian
19-12-2020, 12:20 PM
At present you have to say Kevin, more because he not only scores goals but he's a good link up player and has contributed in assists and important aspects of play in the build up to goals we have scored. Shankland is more predatory and a box player. Kevin has really evolved and brought much more to his forward game. Both great finishers though, just think Kevin Nisbet has more 'growth' and will get better moves ahead (than Shankland).

Since452
19-12-2020, 12:25 PM
We create far more chances than Dundee United. Think that's the biggest difference. If Shankland was playing for us he'd no doubt have more goals than he has now. Both are good players.

zitelli62
19-12-2020, 12:26 PM
At present you have to say Kevin, more because he not only scores goals but he's a good link up player and has contributed in assists and important aspects of play in the build up to goals we have scored. Shankland is more predatory and a box player. Kevin has really evolved and brought much more to his forward game. Both great finishers though, just think Kevin Nisbet has more 'growth' and will get better moves ahead (than Shankland).
My thoughts entirely glad I'm not the only one.

calumhibee1
19-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Nisbet every day of the week. And Doidge on the days where Nisbet isn't fit.

Shankland has yet again struggled big time with top flight football.

makaveli1875
19-12-2020, 12:34 PM
Nisbet has far more to his game than Shankland , looks more at home in the premiership and scoring more goals . Rather have Shankland on the penalties though

Northernhibee
19-12-2020, 12:36 PM
I don’t think there’s a long debate about this, Nisbet is by far the better all round player.

BILLYHIBS
19-12-2020, 12:37 PM
Nisbet looks the real deal

Shankland looks as though he is still to find his rhythm after an interrupted start but not ruling him out just yet

Jakhog1
19-12-2020, 12:46 PM
As everyone else has said, his whole game is what sets him apart, brilliant piece of business by Hibs to get him on a long contract, one talented boy

Smartie
19-12-2020, 12:50 PM
I'm delighted we have Nisbet, not seen enough of them both to be able to say for sure, but I also think that Shankland is a good player.

I like that Shankland got his chance with Scotland and I don't think he looked out of place - I don't think Nisbet would either.

They're 2 of the better strikers in the league at the moment and might make up the part of Scotland's front line (along with Dykes) for a few years to come - a position that we've struggled a bit with in recent years.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2020, 12:56 PM
I looked at the thread title and thought "That's an interesting question comparing a Hibs favourite player with one from an opposing team. It's difficult to predict what the hibs.net concensus will be".

:wink:

Billy Whizz
19-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Let’s see what happens today

Roxyhibee
19-12-2020, 01:21 PM
Both got great future potential for Scotland even for the Euros in June and right now it would be Nisbet for me.

I actually asked my neighbour who is a Utd fanatic just last week, what is happening with Shankland, as I expected him to be in the Scotland set up. He said (actual quote) “he is getting zero service, no wingers, no creativity but still good on the ball. He’d be in double figures if he was at Hibs or Aberdeen”

From a Scotland perspective, the guy needs a move ASAP.

California-Hibs
19-12-2020, 04:17 PM
Is this a joke? Shankland couldn't lace Kevin's boots.

MWHIBBIES
19-12-2020, 04:18 PM
Both Doidge and Nisbit are easily better. Shankland would be a decent sub, though. Good against lower league sides in cup ties etc.

wookie70
19-12-2020, 04:20 PM
We create far more chances than Dundee United. Think that's the biggest difference. If Shankland was playing for us he'd no doubt have more goals than he has now. Both are good players.

He would have scored a couple if he was playing for us today. Nisbet is a better all round player and I like him further forward than he has been playing as he is by far our best finisher

Andy74
19-12-2020, 05:01 PM
He would have scored a couple if he was playing for us today. Nisbet is a better all round player and I like him further forward than he has been playing as he is by far our best finisher

Not sure he would have. Weren’t really what I’d call bad misses today.

Doidge and Nisbet also play a part in getting those chances and creating for others - it isn’t just the final touch. I don’t think Shankland does much in a game.

greenlex
19-12-2020, 05:10 PM
Not sure he would have. Weren’t really what I’d call bad misses today.

Doidge and Nisbet also play a part in getting those chances and creating for others - it isn’t just the final touch. I don’t think Shankland does much in a game.
I agree Andy but the cut back from Boyle chance he should minimum be hitting the target. It’s going down as a poor miss for me.

allezsauzee
19-12-2020, 05:15 PM
I seem to remember a similar debate last season where most people were sure Shankland was better than Doidge....that was just before big Christian scored a hat trick against them.

SingaporeHibs
19-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Nisbet every time without question and that’s trying to take any bias out the equation. For me looks a far better all round player, better finisher and I’ve no doubt the future will prove that right. Nisbet has a huge future ahead of him if he keeps his focus and progression which I see no reason to believe he won’t.

WeeRussell
20-12-2020, 12:12 AM
I doubt any of us would swap Nisbet for Shankland, but I bet you’d struggle to find an Arab that would want to see the switch either.

Both really good Scottish strikers and I’m just grateful to have one of them at Hibs.

neil7908
20-12-2020, 06:31 AM
Nisbet is streets ahead of Shankland - he's a very very smart player.

Doidge is irrelevant of course when talking about Scotland but I don't think he will get much above Hibs level in his career. He's not a bad player, just a bit limited.

Nicho87
20-12-2020, 07:57 AM
Shankland was quiet yesterday nisbet much better player. Why does doidge look like a giraffe on ice every single time he goes through one on one, always falls.

Itsnoteasy
20-12-2020, 08:08 AM
Nisbet is streets ahead of Shankland - he's a very very smart player.

Doidge is irrelevant of course when talking about Scotland but I don't think he will get much above Hibs level in his career. He's not a bad player, just a bit limited.

Think the same was said about Eoin Doyle, he left Hibs & has done not to bad for himself.