PDA

View Full Version : Watching the Final?

Glory Lurker
19-12-2020, 11:50 AM
I'm never enthusiastic about finals when we've fallen at the last hurdle anyway, but am hugely underwhelmed at the thought of watching it in light of Celtic's form. I don't think they were amazing going in to last year's game, but at least that could be watched in the pub with the chance to tour Leith's finest boozers of a night if it all went wrong.

As it is if I watch tomorrow I'll definitely be starting behind the setee.

Anyone watching, or got tips for things to do to avoid it?

Bostonhibby
19-12-2020, 11:55 AM
I'm never enthusiastic about finals when we've fallen at the last hurdle anyway, but am hugely underwhelmed at the thought of watching it in light of Celtic's form. I don't think they were amazing going in to last year's game, but at least that could be watched in the pub with the chance to tour Leith's finest boozers of a night if it all went wrong.

As it is if I watch tomorrow I'll definitely be starting behind the setee.

Anyone watching, or got tips for things to do to avoid it?Half and half scarf, Anne Budge carpet style coat and a big leprechaun beard and hat whilst watching[emoji6]

Think I'll just have a few beers and continue wanting whoever if playing the thieves to win.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
19-12-2020, 11:57 AM
Of course. I never miss the Scottish Cup Final.

hibeedonald
19-12-2020, 11:59 AM
Yes will be watching and will be praying Celtic win convincingly (or through a last minute dodgy penalty).

Anything but them winning the cup after knocking us out.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Tend not to watch Hearts in finals esp Scottish Cup finals -
For some reason I was in A&E and it was on when they Played Gretna but I just caught a glimpse. didnt watch their game against The Rangers.
Not sure what I’ll do tomorrow probably look in to see how the lie of the land is. And switch off if it’s looking like a horror show.
What’s the odds on Scott Brown getting sent off?

cabbageandribs1875
19-12-2020, 12:03 PM
hertz *10/1....bookies seldom wrong, thankfully.. but worth a sky diver as a softner just in case :greengrin

*i got them at 11/1 straight after the SF

makaveli1875
19-12-2020, 12:08 PM
Im going to watch it in the hope that Celtic absolutely scud them , live in hope that Lennon doesnt **** this up

Sir David Gray
19-12-2020, 12:09 PM
I'll be watching, hardly ever wanted Celtic to win a game of football as much as I do tomorrow.

hibsbollah
19-12-2020, 12:10 PM
I’ll be watching it in Craig Leveins house, he’ll be hiding in the toilet so I should have the lounge to myself for the 90 minutes. I’m going round with some soor plooms and a six pack of tartan special. He claims Celtic are ‘fragile’, and to be fair hes a man who knows a bit about *****ing it in big games.

truehibernian
19-12-2020, 12:14 PM
I'm working at it :bitchy: they lose, happy days, they win :rolleyes: nae victory parade :greengrin

Tough one to call to be honest, Lennon and Hearts always throw up some kind of controversy and I still don't think Celtic are anywhere near firing. Put it this way, if we were in it, I'd be confident as I would ever be versus Celtic.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Im going to watch it in the hope that Celtic absolutely scud them , live in hope that Lennon doesnt **** this up

When they played them last time I was through in Glasgow for my mates birthday and was in Tennents bar - he was there (it was the eve of the game) I went up and spoke to him - I enjoyed the good times at Hibs and thanked him for the at and said just make sure Hearts don’t win he said “that won’t be allowed to happen - see Hearts , I hate them more than you do...” I shook his hand - he kept to his word.

Since452
19-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Genuinely forgot it was this weekend.

Billy Whizz
19-12-2020, 12:27 PM

Remember it’s a 2.15pm ko and not 3pm

heretoday
19-12-2020, 12:31 PM

It's not received much of a build-up but these are strange times.

green day
19-12-2020, 12:33 PM
When they played them last time I was through in Glasgow for my mates birthday and was in Tennents bar - he was there (it was the eve of the game) I went up and spoke to him - I enjoyed the good times at Hibs and thanked him for the at and said just make sure Hearts don’t win he said “that won’t be allowed to happen - see Hearts , I hate them more than you do...” I shook his hand - he kept to his word.

Not too surprising after the "Hang Lennon" graffiti spray painted on that (now demolished) building in Muirieston gardens.

PeeJay
19-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Will watch it tomorrow, time permitting - hope the Edinburgh club wins - my brother and his family are Hearts fans so that would be a great Xmas present for them - hope Lennon's Glasgow team gets beaten by a Championship club and obvious underdog ... might be alone with that view on here, I guess ... :greengrin

we are hibs
19-12-2020, 12:39 PM
They're getting quite brave on twitter.

I hope Celtic put 10 past them. They deserve nothing less than relegated and gubbed in a cup final in the same year. **** every single one of them.

Moulin Yarns
19-12-2020, 12:39 PM
Remember it’s a 2.15pm ko and not 3pm

That's a better kick off time than 5:30

Moulin Yarns
19-12-2020, 12:40 PM
It's not received much of a build-up but these are strange times.

You obviously don't watch much bbc scotland

Glory Lurker
19-12-2020, 12:41 PM
Will watch it tomorrow, time permitting - hope the Edinburgh club wins - my brother and his family are Hearts fans so that would be a great Xmas present for them - hope Lennon's Glasgow team gets beaten by a Championship club and obvious underdog ... might be alone with that view on here, I guess ... :greengrin

As OP, am I allowed to get you banned? :-)

heretoday
19-12-2020, 12:44 PM
You obviously don't watch much bbc scotland

I certainly don't! I read the papers though.

aljo7-0
19-12-2020, 12:44 PM
I'm worried that if they win we will have to move out of Edinburgh temporarily as 400,000 people going in to the centre to celebrate and keeping a 2 metre distance (as they will as Jambos never break rules) will take up most of the city.

PeeJay
19-12-2020, 12:53 PM
As OP, am I allowed to get you banned? :-)

I guess so :agree: -

In my defence, Edinburgh is my home town and my family would be pretty pleased about a cup win - I live in Berlin, if they win nobody here will know or care about it ... I appreciate that it is somewhat different circumstances for you all ack home if they do manage a surprise ...

Smartie
19-12-2020, 12:56 PM
Lie in with my sister in the morning, watch the Hearts in the afternoon.

Cannae beat it.

Oops, wrong forum...

Malthibby
19-12-2020, 01:37 PM

Brave (and alone). Before Romanov I might have had mixed feelings but the whole 5:1/big team - wee team stuff has just poisoned things for me.
Hoping for at least 5:1 to Celtic tomorrow.
GG

hibbysam
19-12-2020, 01:48 PM
Doesn’t matter who’s in the final, I’ll always watch it. Hope Celtic pump them, seeing them all over Twitter giving it big licks, would be absolutely glorious to watch them pumped in a second final in a row.

jgl07
19-12-2020, 01:53 PM
If it was played in our back garden I would draw the curtains!

Spike Mandela
19-12-2020, 04:29 PM
Think Hearts are going to win it so will give it a miss. I would like to have seen Hibs have a crack at this current Celtic team. Big opportunity.

Nakedmanoncrack
19-12-2020, 04:40 PM
The most low key cup final ever, most Jambos I know were more excited about the Semi final, whilst Celtic fans are still in the depths of sorrow at the Huns likely being on their way to the title, something they aren't at all prepared for. I think the odds on offer for the plucky lower league minnows are tempting, won't be any surprise if they end up winning.

NAE NOOKIE
19-12-2020, 05:07 PM
I'll watch it until Hearts go 1 - 0 up and then chuck ma telly oot the windae

Jim44
19-12-2020, 05:25 PM
If, as some are suggesting, Lennon has lost the dressing room and the players want to see the back of him, tomorrow might be his last match. I think they’ll win at a canter, by three clear goals.

Carheenlea
19-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Won’t be watching initially, but I’ll keep one eye on how it’s panning out, and if Hearts end up a couple behind I’ll definitely be tuning in. As has been highlighted above, it’s the most low key cup final in living memory. Feels like it doesn’t really count. Of course, that view would be different if it were us that were playing.

Carheenlea
19-12-2020, 05:29 PM
If, as some are suggesting, Lennon has lost the dressing room and the players want to see the back of him, tomorrow might be his last match. I think they’ll win at a canter, by three clear goals.

I’m no fan of Celtic, but I hope you are right Jim.

EI255
19-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Will don my Hibs top tomorrow. Open a beer and support the Hoops.

I simply loathe HMFC and everything they stand for.

Mon ra Hoops!

Baader
19-12-2020, 05:32 PM
Will be giving it a miss.

Jim44
19-12-2020, 05:45 PM
I’m no fan of Celtic, but I hope you are right Jim.

The major shock of the weekend is over ........ the way we threw away two points, but, hey, that’s water under the bridge, now. On second thoughts, I think it would be a bigger shock if the Jambos got a result.

HibbyDave
19-12-2020, 05:58 PM
Hoping Sellick hump them but stuck a tenner on jumbos at 17/2 as a comforter.

The Harp
19-12-2020, 06:01 PM
I'll have the game on but won't be paying much attention to it until celtic go 2 up, and I'll be able to relax.
Will make sure the remote is within reach in case the unthinkable happens.

Jim44
19-12-2020, 06:07 PM

Sorry Mr Musical Turtle ( love your avatar by the way ) but I hope your brother and family are looking beyond Hampden for Christmas presents.

Brightside
19-12-2020, 06:26 PM
There are a few on here that will love it if Hearts win. Will give them a chance to mention the semi again.

Franck Stanton
19-12-2020, 06:34 PM
Nope, ma telly would explode watching those two piles of *****.

HibeeHibernian4
19-12-2020, 07:37 PM
If they HAVE to win a cup I'd rather it was this one that won't be nearly as good without fans and the strangeness of playing last season's cup in December. Still hope they get absolutely ****ing pumped though. Feel better about Celtic winning tomorrow now that they can't win this season's League Cup and make it a quintuple treble or whatever they'd call it.

supermcginn
19-12-2020, 07:42 PM
There are a few on here that will love it if Hearts win. Will give them a chance to mention the semi again.

There won't be one Hibs fan that will love it what a ludicrous statement 😂😂😂😂 it's ok to be still raging we lost to them it was a disgrace.

PH91
19-12-2020, 09:19 PM
Hoping Sellick hump them but stuck a tenner on jumbos at 17/2 as a comforter.

You will be double gutted if they win in et or on pens!!

One Day Soon
19-12-2020, 09:22 PM
No, I’m trying to minimise exposure to things diseased in the current context.

S4uzee
19-12-2020, 09:26 PM

What a ridiculous comment. We blew a massive opportunity and got beat again against a team who had barely been playing a month. If they win tomorrow it will be worse and we will have played a big part in it. One of the worst results I can remember

Brightside
20-12-2020, 07:42 AM
What a ridiculous comment. We blew a massive opportunity and got beat again against a team who had barely been playing a month. If they win tomorrow it will be worse and we will have played a big part in it. One of the worst results I can remember

You dont have much of a memory. We used to have games like that week after week with butcher.

davy67 +
20-12-2020, 08:06 AM
Spurs v Leicester then Man U v Leeds on Sky Sports looks far more appealing

JohnM1875
20-12-2020, 08:15 AM
Definitely watching it. Think Celtic will spank them by quite a few goals.

Though if hearts go a goal up I'm definitely switching it off.

J-C
20-12-2020, 08:17 AM
If I'm home from work when it's on I'll probably watch an EPL game whatever one is on, cant be arsed watching unless we're in it.

G B Young
20-12-2020, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't even consider watching it. To be honest I keep forgetting it's actually being played. Just seems like a bit of a non-event in the current climate (ie empty stadium, no pubs open, weird time of year for this fixture etc).

Any kind of Celtic win will do.

Since452
20-12-2020, 09:05 AM
Won't be watching it. It's a bit of a farce really. The most low key Scottish cup final in history probably. But still hope Celtic utterly horse them. Would be highly amusing. If Hearts win nobody will even remember it.

WhileTheChief..
20-12-2020, 09:05 AM
I’ll be watching. Hoping for a 5-0 thrashing for Hearts.

If somehow they win I’ll just avoid the football news for a few days and it’ll be like it never happened.

hibbysam
20-12-2020, 09:19 AM
Won't be watching it. It's a bit of a farce really. The most low key Scottish cup final in history probably. But still hope Celtic utterly horse them. Would be highly amusing. If Hearts win nobody will even remember it.

It would still be another cup win on their record. Whether you don’t want to remember it or not then it will still have happened. Not sure why it’s a farce either... Hearts fans certainly wouldn’t let this one go after their ‘demotion’ in the summer. For those reasons I hope they get stuffed. Normally I want it to be excruciating, penalties, a fluke last minute goal, but this time I want goals, and hundreds of them.

Bostonhibby
20-12-2020, 09:20 AM
Decided I wasn't going to watch but having just listened to that lying little toad Hancock on the Marr Show and not be able to get at him I've decided to call the thieves Hancock's for the day and hopefully watch them getting skewered.

No chance that one will come back and bite me then[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Pagan Hibernia
20-12-2020, 10:00 AM
I’ll be watching. At least one Edinburgh team will win silverware this season and I don’t think it will be them.

Pretty Boy
20-12-2020, 10:10 AM
Not interested. I don't have any Hearts supporting mated anyway so them winning makes no difference in that sense.

I'll keep an eye on the score and a Celtic win is obviously preferable. Their season has been such a disaster that I don't think we'll have the quadruple treble pish rammed down our throat to the extent we would have if they were flying so we'll be spared that tedium at least.

hibbysam
20-12-2020, 10:26 AM
Not interested. I don't have any Hearts supporting mated anyway so them winning makes no difference in that sense.

I'll keep an eye on the score and a Celtic win is obviously preferable. Their season has been such a disaster that I don't think we'll have the quadruple treble pish rammed down our throat to the extent we would have if they were flying so we'll be spared that tedium at least.

I disagree with that last point, I think it’ll be worse. Because they can’t win a 5th in a row and rangers are miles out in front just now, they’re already at it trying to get one back up on their rivals. Still want them to win today but it’s a certainty they’ll be giving it big licks about 4 trebles.

Since90+2
20-12-2020, 10:34 AM
To be fair winning 4 trebles in a row is some achievement. Winning a treble alone is pretty hard going but to win 12 competitions is unheard of and I suspect will never be matched .

EdinMike
20-12-2020, 10:34 AM

Think that’s my plan, keeping the tele though...

Lendo
20-12-2020, 10:55 AM
Hoping for a Celtic win but I couldn’t look past Hearts 1-0 and a Red Card in the game at 150/1

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-12-2020, 10:58 AM
Whoever wins today it'll be the most instantly forgotten trophy ever.

SingaporeHibs
20-12-2020, 12:07 PM
Spurs v Leicester kicks off at 2:15 seems pretty appealing today. I have absolutely no interest in watching that **** unless they are playing us. Man Utd v Leeds could also be a cracker as neither team can defend.

JohnMcM
20-12-2020, 12:19 PM
I'll be watching the final. It's football, it's Scottish football and the final of our major cup competition.

oconnors_strip
20-12-2020, 12:23 PM

You aren’t alone as my fiancé is a Jambo so would prefer him to be happy and enjoy this week, especially since we can’t see his parents. I’m going to sit away from him though just in case it gets boisterous:greengrin:

G B Young
20-12-2020, 12:31 PM
Whoever wins today it'll be the most instantly forgotten trophy ever.

There's just zero sense of occasion. I said last season that they should just have ended this tournament.

theonlywayisup
20-12-2020, 12:33 PM
So disappointed that it's them and not us at the final. We should have beaten them, but the Hertz are a frustrating team to play against.

I think today could be very much like the semi. If Hertz get ahead, then Celtic might find it difficult - they have struggled in many games this season against teams they should be beating easily. If Celtic score first, I think they'll win by a few goals, which is what I think we could have done had we scored first in the semi.

I expect Hertz to play this one as if they are playing for penalties from the off, hoping for that half chance that they can take. The last thing they will want is an open game.

Back to the OP's question - no, I won't be watching it, until I know Celtic are two up and cruising.

Jim44
20-12-2020, 12:39 PM
Big clusters of fans at the car park entrance to Hampden with, as far as I can see, no attempt to socially distance.

Since452
20-12-2020, 12:40 PM
Weather seems decent so no leveller today

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 12:40 PM

Where do you live? I’ll stand outside just incase as I could do with a new TV 🤣

The 90+2
20-12-2020, 12:42 PM
Big clusters of fans at the car park entrance to Hampden with, as far as I can see, no attempt to socially distance.

Celtic fans to support their side. This is going to cause loads of problems if any of them or if any of the supporters who will defo get together to celebrate either way have the virus.

CropleyisGod
20-12-2020, 01:51 PM
The Flumps are 2-0 down and now trying to ‘mix it’. A couple of red cards to add to complete humiliation? Pleasing...

Hibiza
20-12-2020, 02:04 PM
Naismith - one dirty player.

superfurryhibby
20-12-2020, 02:06 PM
The Flumps are 2-0 down and now trying to ‘mix it’. A couple of red cards to add to complete humiliation? Pleasing...

Ha, this was the first I heard of the score. Most pleasing.

matty_f
20-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Was out a walk with the Mrs but will watch the second half.

Anyone know how it’s going so far?

dchibs
20-12-2020, 02:15 PM
Where do you live? I’ll stand outside just incase as I could do with a new TV 🤣

He might live 16 flights up in a flat :greengrin

Wilson
20-12-2020, 04:14 PM
There's just zero sense of occasion. I said last season that they should just have ended this tournament.

I'm no lover of Celtic but it would have been a travesty to deny them the opportunity to make history. Or indeed deny the other clubs the opportunity to prevent it. It is what football is all about. I'm glad it went ahead.

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-12-2020, 01:48 AM

Did you bump into the fud from the jkb thread?

Tried to be a funny Jim delahunt, should've went for a walk.

G B Young
21-12-2020, 06:54 AM

Went on a family dog walk and decided not to even bother finding out the score when we got back. Christmas movie instead and I only checked the score this morning, so it's a pleasant start to the week :)

Nice one Celtic. Get it up ye Hearts.

Here's hoping Hibs can rub it in by winning the League Cup.

The 90+2
21-12-2020, 06:55 AM
He might live 16 flights up in a flat :greengrin

I’ve a crash helmet 😁

PeeJay
21-12-2020, 07:12 AM
Sorry Mr Musical Turtle ( love your avatar by the way ) but I hope your brother and family are looking beyond Hampden for Christmas presents.

Only saw 20 minutes or so, so missed what by all accounts was a decent cup final - haven't actually seen any highlights myself: my brother reckons they should have won though ??

Keith_M
21-12-2020, 07:18 AM
Only saw 20 minutes or so, so missed what by all accounts was a decent cup final - haven't actually seen any highlights myself: my brother reckons they should have won though ??

Celtc totally dominated the first half then seemed to fall apart. After that, you'd be struggling to tell which one was the Championship side.

I'd imagine it was a good game for a neutral (so not a Celtc, Hearts, Rangers or Hibs supporter).

Since452
21-12-2020, 08:42 AM
Went on a family dog walk and decided not to even bother finding out the score when we got back. Christmas movie instead and I only checked the score this morning, so it's a pleasant start to the week :)

Nice one Celtic. Get it up ye Hearts.

Here's hoping Hibs can rub it in by winning the League Cup.

Imagine the tears and snotters if we did