View Full Version : View from the terrace

h1bs4life
18-12-2020, 07:39 PM
Don't watch this full of Hertz twats but got sent this link which found funny

https://twitter.com/TheTerraceTV/status/1339921991852302336

Hopefully works

Nicho87
18-12-2020, 07:42 PM
Can’t stand that program. Look how funny we are.

kaimendhibs
18-12-2020, 07:53 PM
I like it

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bingo70
18-12-2020, 07:59 PM
Can’t stand that program. Look how funny we are.

It’s unbearable.

I like the concept of them focusing entirely on Scottish football and not just the old firm but I find that programme completely unwatchable.

Listened to a couple of the podcasts which weren’t too bad (but not great), tv show is horrendous though.

They all seem desperate to laugh at everything they are saying, even when it’s not a joke. Camera seems to move so fast between the pundits as well I just found myself getting stressed out watching it.

Strike me as a bunch of hipsters that learned about football by playing computer games and reading stats. I’m sure that’s not the case and grossly unfair but it’s just the perception I’ve got of them.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
18-12-2020, 08:00 PM
Don't watch this full of Hertz twats but got sent this link which found funny

https://twitter.com/TheTerraceTV/status/1339921991852302336

Hopefully works
Hey steady up I haven’t watched it either but will be doing tonight. As one of the original group going back to 1982 and still playing we are,on tonight. We all support lots of different clubs. Two of us are Hibees.

Sir David Gray
18-12-2020, 08:04 PM
It’s unbearable.

I like the concept of them focusing entirely on Scottish football and not just the old firm but I find that programme completely unwatchable.

Listened to a couple of the podcasts which weren’t too bad (but not great), tv show is horrendous though.

They all seem desperate to laugh at everything they are saying, even when it’s not a joke. Camera seems to move so fast between the pundits as well I just found myself getting stressed out watching it.

Strike me as a bunch of hipsters that learned about football by playing computer games and reading stats. I’m sure that’s not the case and grossly unfair but it’s just the perception I’ve got of them.

Also my opinion. I've tried to watch it and would like to like it but I just can't.

bingo70
18-12-2020, 08:06 PM
Also my opinion. I've tried to watch it and would like to like it but I just can't.

It’s like they need someone on there just to calm them down and take control of the speed it’s all going at.

All very frantic and trying too hard IMO.

SteveHFC
18-12-2020, 08:12 PM
I like it

Same here,

The lower league stuff they do is fantastic.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2020, 08:17 PM
It's a good idea for a show and has potential but I just find it too 'bitty'. 4 presenters is too many and they are all a bit samey.

That introduction for Levein was superb though.

Orchard_Hibs
18-12-2020, 08:17 PM
If they got rid of Joel sked(Mark) it would be way better.

CMurdoch
18-12-2020, 08:19 PM
There is always something good on the programme and the lower league chat and the short film sections are top notch.
It has become too formatted and explaining the bank or bust section EVERY week is beyond annoying.
Tonight's episode is the last of the series.

Steve20
18-12-2020, 08:21 PM
Hearts supporters with a few other friends scattered about. Just like their podcast. Sked is abysmal. Fowler used to be not bad, but his bitterness since Hearts got relegated has really came through.

Onceinawhile
18-12-2020, 08:50 PM
There is always something good on the programme and the lower league chat and the short film sections are top notch.
It has become too formatted and explaining the bank or bust section EVERY week is beyond annoying.
Tonight's episode is the last of the series.

Let me explain it for you, one more time.

I enjoy it. Sked is a bit of a standard smarmy jt, but the rest are alright.

NorthNorfolkHFC
18-12-2020, 08:51 PM
It’s great. Original and a good spotlight on lower league. Joel Sked is no hipster, nor is McGuigan. McGuigan is steeped in lower league football.

Some episodes are better than others but it’s alwYs usually interesting and doesn’t take itself too seriously.

It brings football closer to us fans imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 90+2
18-12-2020, 09:11 PM
If they got rid of Joel sked(Mark) it would be way better.

Why's he got a different name? He would also not go out of miss in the big bang.

Pedantic_Hibee
18-12-2020, 09:32 PM
They’re nae Longbangers that’s for sure.

Orchard_Hibs
18-12-2020, 09:38 PM
Why's he got a different name? He would also not go out of miss in the big bang.

He’s not, well he might I don’t know. Skidmark?

FastEddieFelson
18-12-2020, 10:47 PM
Great TV. The segments on life at lower league clubs are usually really good. That outro on ICT winning the cup was fantastic.

Daniel 1875
18-12-2020, 10:55 PM
I think it’s good. For me the mini films are some of the best content you’ll see on Scottish football and four guys talking positively about Scottish football is a nice change from the majority of the football media.

Aye there’s a few Hearts fans but there’s also a Stenny fan and a Raith Rovers fan. The spotlight on lesser covered clubs is great.

lord bunberry
18-12-2020, 11:12 PM
I like it as well.

callumwatt32
18-12-2020, 11:18 PM
I really like it and have watched it since the start.

As a few previous posts have said, the films about the lower leagues are really good - one I specifically remember was about a team on Eriskay island playing on one of FIFA's 8 recognised most obscure pitches.

I was also apart of their 'One Saturday' film last year - hard pressed to find better-made Scottish football content.

The 90+2
18-12-2020, 11:30 PM
He’s not, well he might I don’t know. Skidmark?

I presumed his name was mark on the show as you had than in brackets? :confused:

Green Man
18-12-2020, 11:35 PM
I love it, it’s one of the few programmes I make an effort to watch every week. Last season’s features with Duncan McKay (who’s a member here, not sure if he posts any more) visiting different clubs to do match day jobs were great. I enjoyed the Levein bit this week - when I heard the intro I initially thought it was going to be Gary Mackay, but I was close.

ABZHFC
18-12-2020, 11:45 PM
Also really like it, and I find the Hibs fans who go on about Fowler's and Sked's Hearts connections to be a bit tiresome. They're funny guys and they take the piss out of their club when it's due

19-12-2020, 05:05 AM
Also really like it, and I find the Hibs fans who go on about Fowler's and Sked's Hearts connections to be a bit tiresome. They're funny guys and they take the piss out of their club when it's due

Fowler is ok. Sked is the usual bitter hearts fudn

CallumLaidlaw
19-12-2020, 06:01 AM

Yeah agree completely.

Great to have a light hearted look at the game. Yeah the guys are slightly wooden but that’s cos they’re essentially just normal guys that were mates doing a podcast and have ended up in front of the camera. They know their stuff about the game, give great focus to all leagues and are all prepared to laugh at themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19-12-2020, 06:23 AM
The jokes are forced. They’re trying to capture the self deprecating humour that defines Scottish football on occasion but they fail miserably. A 30 min programme covering @oldfirmfacts1 would be funnier.

Gaffer1875
19-12-2020, 07:39 AM
Watched a few of them not a fan. Nothing compared to open goal with Si ferry IMO

Pretty Boy
19-12-2020, 08:16 AM
The problem with trying to keep things fresh in Scottish football is it has quite a small pool of 'characters' and there is always going to be repetition.

I enjoy Off The Ball, it has run for years and Cosgrove and Cowan play off each other well. One is a bright guy and quite switched on to politics and the like, the other is a bit old school and a bit non PC. It works for me, it's not Rangers and Celtic centric and it covers a bit of lower league stuff. They have rehashed a lot fo the same stuff for years though. Only An excuse was great when it first started out both on radio and TV. A genuinely subversive look at Scottish football but it lost that freshness and is now just a cycle of Celtic, Rangers and irrelevant political jokes. The same could be said of a lot of the Scottish football podcasts, a lot of the same guests seem to pop up. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'll listen to anything about Scottish football and there's always a tale to tell. See also the likes of American Soccer Guy on Facebook, quite funny at first but now just a repetition of the same stuff wekk in, week out almost always focused on Celtic and Rangers.

I'm not a huge fan of a View From the Terrace. There are segments that are really good but I find some of the chat a bit forced and unnatural. As I've said before I think it would benefit from them slimming down the number of guys in the studio. I also think self deprecating humour in Scottish football is the default setting and has been done. I'd quite like to see a show really try to talk up Scottish football. I'd be loathe to criticise anyone trying to promote the lower leagues and take an alternative look at the game up here too much though. They guys involved have done well for themselves and it works for them. People enjoy their show and I won't turn over if it's on.

marinello59
19-12-2020, 08:22 AM
The problem with trying to keep things fresh in Scottish football is it has quite a small pool of 'characters' and there is always going to be repetition.

I enjoy Off The Ball, it has run for years and Cosgrove and Cowan play off each other well. One is a bright guy and quite switched on to politics and the like, the other is a bit old school and a bit non PC. It works for me, it's not Rangers and Celtic centric and it covers a bit of lower league stuff. They have rehashed a lot fo the same stuff for years though. Only An excuse was great when it first started out both on radio and TV. A genuinely subversive look at Scottish football but it lost that freshness and is now just a cycle of Celtic, Rangers and irrelevant political jokes. The same could be said of a lot of the Scottish football podcasts, a lot of the same guests seem to pop up. That's not necessarily a bad thing, I'll listen to anything about Scottish football and there's always a tale to tell. See also the likes of American Soccer Guy on Facebook, quite funny at first but now just a repetition of the same stuff wekk in, week out almost always focused on Celtic and Rangers.

I'm not a huge fan of a View From the Terrace. There are segments that are really good but I find some of the chat a bit forced and unnatural. As I've said before I think it would benefit from them slimming down the number of guys in the studio. I also think self deprecating humour in Scottish football is the default setting and has been done. I'd quite like to see a show really try to talk up Scottish football. I'd be loathe to criticise anyone trying to promote the lower leagues and take an alternative look at the game up here too much though. They guys involved have done well for themselves and it works for them. People enjoy their show and I won't turn over if it's on.

:agree:
An excellent summation.

matty_f
19-12-2020, 02:01 PM
I quite like it, and to be honest, if it wasn’t so heavily Hearts dominated, I’d enjoy it a lot more. I think it misses that bit of balance.

hibby rae
19-12-2020, 03:25 PM
I quite like it, and to be honest, if it wasn’t so heavily Hearts dominated, I’d enjoy it a lot more. I think it misses that bit of balance.

That's the only criticism I'd have of it. I like it and pay for the patreon on their podcast too.

I'd say it would be good to sub one of the three Hearts supporters on the tv show for one of the others on the pod, just for more variety if anything. For example, Graeme Thewliss is a Motherwell supporter and Craig Anderson is a Killie man. A couple others support Dundee and Aberdeen.

Tony Anderson (Hibby) cracks me up, but a lot of his humour might not be allowed on the BBC 🤣

Keyser Sauzee
02-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Last in the season tonight but the way Craig Telfer posted on Instagram today it seems as if it may be the last ever episode, shame as I’m really starting to enjoy the show.

02-04-2021, 05:05 PM
Last in the season tonight but the way Craig Telfer posted on Instagram today it seems as if it may be the last ever episode, shame as I’m really starting to enjoy the show.

It does sound like it. I agree, it's a shame. Despite it being overloaded with Jambos, it's a good show. There's definitely room for a football show like this. I'd guess they'll continue with their podcast, with any luck they'll do their own video version along similar lines to the TV show. It doesn't look like it was a big budget show.

bingo70
02-04-2021, 05:09 PM
It does sound like it. I agree, it's a shame. Despite it being overloaded with Jambos, it's a good show. There's definitely room for a football show like this. I'd guess they'll continue with their podcast, with any luck they'll do their own video version along similar lines to the TV show. It doesn't look like it was a big budget show.

I think there’s definitely room for a show like this but not with those guys. I find them completely unwatchable.

Love the concept though.

O'Rourke3
02-04-2021, 05:10 PM
Last in the season tonight but the way Craig Telfer posted on Instagram today it seems as if it may be the last ever episode, shame as I’m really starting to enjoy the show.Hearts Phanny should be wearing a Hibs top tonight as a forfeit for losing the predition league

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
02-04-2021, 05:16 PM
I believe Joel Sked had to record tonights show wearing a Hibs strip after finishing bottom of their prediction league.

The TV show is still a bit patchy but I still look forward to it.
I prefer their well informed, entertaining and funny twice weekly podcasts which are essential listening for me now.
Loads of content on the whole of Scottish football and infinitely better than "Off The Ball" which has long since jumped the shark although I still listen most weeks.

Caveat - One of their guys, Craig Cairns, does a weekly podcast with Chris Iwelumo. I have tried hard to like Iwelumo but he is boring football bloke and as a result I now have to give that show a swerve.

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2021, 05:23 PM
I believe Joel Sked had to record tonights show wearing a Hibs strip after finishing bottom of their prediction league.

The TV show is still a bit patchy but I still look forward to it.
I prefer their well informed, entertaining and funny twice weekly podcasts which are essential listening for me now.
Loads of content on the whole of Scottish football and infinitely better than "Off The Ball" which has long since jumped the shark although I still listen most weeks.

Caveat - One of their guys, Craig Cairns, does a weekly podcast with Chris Iwelumo. I have tried hard to like Iwelumo but he is boring football bloke and as a result I now have to give that show a swerve.

Chris Iwelumo making the unmissable missable :greengrin

EI255
02-04-2021, 05:58 PM
Can't stand this programme. Biggest set of eegits you'll ever come across.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
02-04-2021, 06:00 PM
I think there’s definitely room for a show like this but not with those guys. I find them completely unwatchable.

Love the concept though.

Me too, just can't take to the presenters at all. The concept is good though.

Heckys Wheel
02-04-2021, 06:04 PM
Me too, just can't take to the presenters at all. The concept is good though.

Yep, the concept is good. There’s definite scope for something like this in Scottish Football. Not by these guys though.

There’s surely a middle ground between Craig Fowler and “Slaney”.

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2021, 06:07 PM
Bunch o Jambos but I do enjoy their wee films aboot lower league clubs

bingo70
02-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Yep, the concept is good. There’s definite scope for something like this in Scottish Football. Not by these guys though.

There’s surely a middle ground between Craig Fowler and “Slaney”.

Get Tam Cowan and Stewart Cosgrove to do it.

Sure they’re not hipster enough for their audience but they’d be a million times more bearable IMO.

Strange as it sounds I’ve actually enjoyed their podcasts. I just don’t think their humour translates to the tele that well. Comes across as trying too hard imo.

Leitherhibs
02-04-2021, 06:11 PM
Hearts Phanny should be wearing a Hibs top tonight as a forfeit for losing the predition league

Telfer is a Stenny fan. C’mon eh.

O'Rourke3
02-04-2021, 06:18 PM
Telfer is a Stenny fan. C’mon eh.Joel Sked is an Hearts phanny....

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2021, 06:26 PM
I remember they asked the question ‘Who is the youngest player to play for Hearts?’ when talking about Hickey’s move to Italy

Answer: Who cares ?

mjhibby
02-04-2021, 06:44 PM
I can see why it’s not everybody’s cup of tea but it’s priceless after hertz get gubbed. Shaun’s piss take of the Brora result was superb. Can be hit or a miss but most weeks really good. Btw the d Utd fans song a couple of weeks ago was a belter.

brianmc
02-04-2021, 06:49 PM
Can't stand this programme. Biggest set of eegits you'll ever come across.

This pretty much mirrors my thoughts - and I've only suffered 20 minutes of one show!

Crap 'banter', wooden presentation and far, FAR too many gunts.

It's a no from me.

CMurdoch
02-04-2021, 06:54 PM
Get Tam Cowan and Stewart Cosgrove to do it.

Sure they’re not hipster enough for their audience but they’d be a million times more bearable IMO.

Strange as it sounds I’ve actually enjoyed their podcasts. I just don’t think their humour translates to the tele that well. Comes across as trying too hard imo.

Neither Tam Cowan nor Stuart Cosgrove could do it given they don't know much about football outside of their own teams and certainly have no knowledge of lower league football. Additionally they no longer put any effort into their own show and as a result it has become a very tired affair so no chance of them matching The Terrace guys.
P.S. have you forgotten how poor Tam's football programme was. Jock the cock etc, despite having a comparatively massive budget when compared to The Terrace which is a very humble affair.

bingo70
02-04-2021, 07:09 PM
Neither Tam Cowan nor Stuart Cosgrove could do it given they don't know much about football outside of their own teams and certainly have no knowledge of lower league football. Additionally they no longer put any effort into their own show and as a result it has become a very tired affair so no chance of them matching The Terrace guys.
P.S. have you forgotten how poor Tam's football programme was. Jock the cock etc, despite having a comparatively massive budget when compared to The Terrace which is a very humble affair.

Fair points all round.

I think the guys knowledge of all of Scottish football is impressive and I love their passion for lower league Scottish football.

I just think they’re really really annoying and try too hard to be funny.

darwenhibby
02-04-2021, 07:12 PM
One of few programmes that doesn’t think everything about Scottish football is around the old firm
All presenters support an east coast team
And Joel Skedel is a Yam Fud
Fowler in fairness is a more tolerant yam
Think it’s quite good Friday night entertainment

matty_f
02-04-2021, 07:15 PM
I quite like it, once you get past the Hearts-ness of it there’s are some real nuggets of gold in there. The wee short films are superb.

Hibby70
02-04-2021, 07:24 PM
Fair points all round.

I think the guys knowledge of all of Scottish football is impressive and I love their passion for lower league Scottish football.

Think if they reign in the humour a bit and maybe have more guests it would work better.

Some really good content in amongst the drivel.

bingo70
02-04-2021, 07:30 PM
Think if they reign in the humour a bit and maybe have more guests it would work better.

Some really good content in amongst the drivel.

Yes, totally agree.

Maybe why I quite liked some of their podcasts. Felt a bit more natural where as the tv shows Is like they’re trying to force out a comedy when it’s not a comedy show.

I think it could be light hearted and fun with serious subjects without trying to be laugh a minute.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2021, 07:32 PM
Fair points all round.

The brief snorts of laughter from one of them that the camera always seems to focus in on really annoys me for some reason and I'm not even sure why.

Stanton Spence
02-04-2021, 07:32 PM
I've tried to like it mainly due to the format and it's about fitbaw but I just can't take the guys presenting the show seriously and it's cringey at times

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

CJHibby
02-04-2021, 07:40 PM
Not worried by who the guys support but think this is awful stuff!!:no way::

CMurdoch
02-04-2021, 08:00 PM
Yes, totally agree.

Maybe why I quite liked some of their podcasts. Felt a bit more natural where as the tv shows Is like they’re trying to force out a comedy when it’s not a comedy show.

I think it could be light hearted and fun with serious subjects without trying to be laugh a minute.

I agree with all of that.
TV probably just isn't the best format but I agree if they would turn the dial away from "funny" towards serious it would improve the TV programme greatly. Even small things like being able to swear in the podcasts make them more natural and funnier.
Craig Telfer anchors the TV show and drives the attempted funny angle at every turn and the others have to follow his lead so probably his fault that it doesn't always land.
However, I will miss it badly when it is not on next Friday.

Pretty Boy
02-04-2021, 08:13 PM
I think both Alba and BBC Scotland are to be commended for their approach to Scottish football. The HT segments on Alba are excellent, the documentaries about the likes of the Famous Five, Tommy Burns, Jim Baxter and Jock Stein were brilliantly done on fairly small budgets and the continuing coverage of lower league football is commendable. Add to that the documentaries about football elsewhere in the world.

A View From The Terrace is clearly an attempt to put a more light hearted spin on the game here. I've posted before about where I think they have got it wrong but I'd be sad to see the idea go if not the current format. I've recored 2 podcasts in my life so would hardly claim to be an expert but I imagine the transition to TV isn't an easy one. A podcast can be recorded in the comfort of your own home with minimal equipment and generally there is a friendly face to help out. Suddenly being aware people can see how you look, what you are wearing, how you react to things must make it harder to remain totally natural.

To add to that I think trying to take anything around Scottish football to TV is just opening yourself up to criticism. In football terms because there will always be a parochial slant to the reaction. In more general terms it's Scotland and the BBC and there is a refusal among some people to see any of their output in Scotland in a positive light currently.

I'm only a semi regular viewer but if the show is gone for good after tonight I hope something else replaces it that follows the same basic idea.

BILLYHIBS
02-04-2021, 08:25 PM
Particularly liked their segment on Greenock Morton brought back many memories of Cappielow probably one of the last traditional old stadiums in Scottish football

In their film it was glorious sunshine

Anytime I was there it was always cold, miserable, raining and a difficult place to get a result

SteveHFC
02-04-2021, 08:26 PM
AVFTT is pretty good: Enjoy their segments about the lower league teams or non league teams. Good way to pass an hour.

EI255
02-04-2021, 08:32 PM
Me too, just can't take to the presenters at all. The concept is good though.The main guy with the beard and chisel jaw does my nut in. Anyone who laughs at their own stuff on TV is amateur. Except the whole lot of them are amateur.

Smartie
02-04-2021, 08:59 PM
It’s a guilty pleasure.

You feel like you need to quickly turn it off and get the porn on when your Mrs walks in on you watching it but I quite like it.

Inspired in places, absolutely awful in places. It’s different, and all the better for it.

I don’t know if I’d like it any more if it was more consistent.

Glory Lurker
02-04-2021, 09:02 PM
Not watched it much but watched a load of their short films on iplayer. The Absolute Game on the telly. Happy place.

The dalmeny
02-04-2021, 09:32 PM
The main guy with the beard and chisel jaw does my nut in. Anyone who laughs at their own stuff on TV is amateur. Except the whole lot of them are amateur.

I suspect that’s the plan, just like boys in the pub. Amazing how many of their features have ended up on football focus

Jones28
02-04-2021, 09:36 PM
Tbf the title sequence is terrific

Quite funny listening to the jambo who isn’t Joel Sked talk about Celtics season.

The Harp Awakes
02-04-2021, 10:37 PM
A decent production and refreshing the coverage it gives to grass roots Scottish football. Was good tonight and thought the interview with Craig Brown was decent.

It will be a shame if it disappears from the screen, although sounds like they'll be doing something in advance/during the Euros.

Onceinawhile
02-04-2021, 10:48 PM
The main guy with the beard and chisel jaw does my nut in. Anyone who laughs at their own stuff on TV is amateur. Except the whole lot of them are amateur.

I'm 95% certain he's being wide when he laughs at himself.

I really enjoy it.

Aye there's a few misses, but the hits are far more common and the guests they have on are always great value, Craig brown, Rose reilly, Lewis stevenson etc...

speedy_gonzales
02-04-2021, 11:06 PM
Duncan & Duncan.
I'd watch their segments on loop. I genuinely don't know whether they're fantastically funny and know it, or they don't have a clue!

SMAXXA
02-04-2021, 11:06 PM

In exactly the same I can’t be arsed with any of them but that guy does my head in, not keen.

I don’t watch it for that reason can’t take to the guys, as such don’t care if it stays it goes. Some seem to like it which is fine others can’t stand it don’t seem to get many that are somewhere In the middle lol

mjhibby
03-04-2021, 07:06 AM
It’s a guilty pleasure.

You feel like you need to quickly turn it off and get the porn on when your Mrs walks in on you watching it but I quite like it.

Inspired in places, absolutely awful in places. It’s different, and all the better for it.

I don’t know if I’d like it any more if it was more consistent.

Exactly my thoughts. Thought last nights was excellent. Great pisstake of hertz and fowler admitting we could fill the void left by Mcinnes going and be regularly third or fourth. In comparison to sportsound and Sportscene much more watchable. Just starting listening to their podcast and that’s really good too.

Danderhall Hibs
03-04-2021, 07:26 AM
Exactly my thoughts. Thought last nights was excellent. Great pisstake of hertz and fowler admitting we could fill the void left by Mcinnes going and be regularly third or fourth. In comparison to sportsound and Sportscene much more watchable. Just starting listening to their podcast and that’s really good too.

I’ve been listening to the podcast for a while - while I’ve watched less of the tv recently. Podcast has got better as there’s been more of Tony Anderson and less of the TV guys.

lucky
03-04-2021, 09:08 AM
It’s a decent watch, it refreshing that’s it’s not all about the Old Firm. As for Sked, he’s a daft Jambo who hates Hibs. Get over it, there’s loads on here that say worse about them.

bingo70
03-04-2021, 01:51 PM
It’s a decent watch, it refreshing that’s it’s not all about the Old Firm. As for Sked, he’s a daft Jambo who hates Hibs. Get over it, there’s loads on here that say worse about them.

I don’t actually mind Sked.

I find him probably the best of the bunch. I personally don’t really care who they support, the times I’ve watched it I dont think it’s come across too much like they’re jambos. Might just be because they’re pish though so not got much to be smug about.

CallumLaidlaw
03-04-2021, 02:13 PM
I don’t actually mind Sked.

I find him probably the best of the bunch. I personally don’t really care who they support, the times I’ve watched it I dont think it’s come across too much like they’re jambos. Might just be because they’re pish though so not got much to be smug about.

Sked is a bitter bitter Jambo. But I respect that. Exactly how I’d want a hibs fan to be if they were on it.

I really enjoy the Terrace. For years I wanted a magazine style show for Scottish football. And now we have one. And it doesn’t focus on the Old Firm. The short videos they do are superb. Due to the show I know a lot more about the “rest” of Scottish football.

Broken Gnome
03-04-2021, 02:20 PM
Sked is a bitter bitter Jambo. But I respect that. Exactly how I’d want a hibs fan to be if they were on it.

I really enjoy the Terrace. For years I wanted a magazine style show for Scottish football. And now we have one. And it doesn’t focus on the Old Firm. The short videos they do are superb. Due to the show I know a lot more about the “rest” of Scottish football.

Get the impression that he knows fine well he's being bitter and petty, and as a result he's quite funny with it.
Similar to how people probably think Telfer comes across as far too snug and self-satisfied, but most of them play up to character roles.

Perfectly fine for what it is, just gets a bit scripted, stilted and overly stats-driven at time.

kaimendhibs
03-04-2021, 02:24 PM
I really like it and hope it comes back.

lord bunberry
03-04-2021, 04:15 PM
I’m usually three sheets to the wind by the time it comes on so I always enjoy it.

The dalmeny
03-04-2021, 06:31 PM
I like their wee videos. I tuned in to watch the bit on kids football but enjoyed the bit about the barber in Dundee, anyone who says you should support your local team is ok by me.

whiskas
03-04-2021, 08:43 PM
Wow I’m glad it’s not just me. Ignoring the Hearts connections it’s a show I’ve tried to watch but can’t. The presenters are all a bit smug and self-satisfied in a “I’m Archie and I’ve got a degree in multimedia broadcast journalism don’t you know” way

matty_f
04-04-2021, 09:48 AM
Wow I’m glad it’s not just me. Ignoring the Hearts connections it’s a show I’ve tried to watch but can’t. The presenters are all a bit smug and self-satisfied in a “I’m Archie and I’ve got a degree in multimedia broadcast journalism don’t you know” way

Isn’t that part of the act, though? Like they know it’s stupid but it’s fun.

There are a couple that i can’t take to that much but i think they’ve done well with the show overall.

BILLYHIBS
01-10-2021, 02:17 PM
Our jambo chums return tonight with an irreverent sideways look at the world of Scottish Football

The BBC Scotland Channel 10.30pm

Nicho87
01-10-2021, 03:45 PM
Our jambo chums return tonight with an irreverent sideways look at the world of Scottish Football

The BBC Scotland Channel 10.30pm

Hearts fest

4 boys thinking their comedians

No thanks

BILLYHIBS
01-10-2021, 04:32 PM
Hearts fest

No thanks

I hear ye 😃

👍🏿

CMurdoch
01-10-2021, 04:58 PM
Hearts fest

No thanks

Bitter Hibee :greengrin

duffers
01-10-2021, 05:03 PM
Hearts fest

No thanks

I’m assuming you’ve never actually watched it? 2 of the 4 main panelists are hearts fans, however I’d say there’s equally if not more hibs content than there is hearts. And even when they do discuss hearts, they are usually tearing into them. Although that might be different now that they have had an ok start to the season.

As a non OF fan, we often (and rightly) get annoyed that sky, BT (of old), and premier etc are only interested in the ugly sisters. I’ve said it before on this thread, but it is refreshing for a programme to focus on Scottish football without 80/90% being focussed on those 2 teams.

01-10-2021, 05:36 PM
I’m assuming you’ve never actually watched it? 2 of the 4 main panelists are hearts fans, however I’d say there’s equally if not more hibs content than there is hearts. And even when they do discuss hearts, they are usually tearing into them. Although that might be different now that they have had an ok start to the season.

As a non OF fan, we often (and rightly) get annoyed that sky, BT (of old), and premier etc are only interested in the ugly sisters. I’ve said it before on this thread, but it is refreshing for a programme to focus on Scottish football without 80/90% being focussed on those 2 teams.

Spot on. 👍

St.Kristopher
01-10-2021, 05:44 PM

Agree

KeithWright9
01-10-2021, 08:54 PM
They have a feature on Dunbar United next week , will be a step forward good Hibby club run by Boyler’s mates , some good Hibby’s!

Glory Lurker
01-10-2021, 08:57 PM
Looking forward to it.

CallumLaidlaw
01-10-2021, 09:01 PM
Great show. Sked plays up to his bitter jambo role big time but Hibs in general get talked up on the show and Hearts tend to get roasted.

The mini films are superb and it’s great to get such a non old firm focused football show.

matty_f
01-10-2021, 09:18 PM
It’s football fans talking about football and not taking themselves too seriously. Harmless enough with some nuggets of gold in it.

whiskas
01-10-2021, 09:23 PM
For football fans who like turtle neck jumpers, Jaguars, golf and bungalows

Glory Lurker
01-10-2021, 09:35 PM

Bah! I'm always the outsider!

lord bunberry
01-10-2021, 09:37 PM
I quite like it as well. It’s a light hearted look at the week’s football.

01-10-2021, 09:40 PM
Joel sked really is a complete **** of a boy.

01-10-2021, 10:20 PM
This is the most aggravating thing I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t encapsulate the parochialism of Scottish football in one programme better if I tried.

hibby rae
01-10-2021, 10:51 PM

Not a big fan of collars, can't drive, couldn't be less interested in golf, and I live in a tenement. But I do enjoy A View From the Terrace :wink:

hibby rae
01-10-2021, 10:52 PM
It's a shame they film it on a Wednesday as I'm sure the record breaking women's derby would have been talked about.

01-10-2021, 11:11 PM
They cover all the leagues, don’t seem to favour any team over any other in terms of chat.

It’s just that absolute WEAPON Sked that really annoys me.

(They’re all a bit wee nippy though)

beensaidbefore
01-10-2021, 11:54 PM
Thought it was quite good tonight. Covered quite a lot of different teams. Little mention of the old firm. Imo they were quite funny. An improvement on last series.

bingo70
02-10-2021, 07:07 AM
They cover all the leagues, don’t seem to favour any team over any other in terms of chat.

It’s just that absolute WEAPON Sked that really annoys me.

(They’re all a bit wee nippy though)

I actually think he’s the best of a bad bunch.

Love the concept and the focus they give to the non old firm teams.

I just find the presenters unwatchable. They need someone with a bit more experience to slow it down a bit and stop them trying so hard IMO.

That’s just me though, they’re obviously doing something right as they’ve built up a decent fan base. I just can’t look past how irritating they are.

Winston Ingram
02-10-2021, 08:37 AM
I wish Joel Sked would shave his barnet. That battle has been lost long ago.

Squealing pig
02-10-2021, 09:28 AM

😂

JimBHibees
02-10-2021, 10:01 AM
Watched it thought it was good. Really like coverage of lower league teams. Thought the cumnock auchinleck coverage was excellent. Some of the chat a bit cheesy however would prefer watching that than listening to sportsound

JimBHibees
02-10-2021, 10:03 AM
Great show. Sked plays up to his bitter jambo role big time but Hibs in general get talked up on the show and Hearts tend to get roasted.

The mini films are superb and it’s great to get such a non old firm focused football show.

Agree totally.

whiskas
02-10-2021, 10:19 AM
I actually think he’s the best of a bad bunch.

Love the concept and the focus they give to the non old firm teams.

I just find the presenters unwatchable. They need someone with a bit more experience to slow it down a bit and stop them trying so hard IMO.

That’s just me though, they’re obviously doing something right as they’ve built up a decent fan base. I just can’t look past how irritating they are.

That’s a pretty fair summing up but articulated better that I did

Hibee Mac
02-10-2021, 11:22 AM
Who is the guy who hosted the show on Hibs pass with Yogi a few weeks back? For some reason I was certain he also hosted View from the terrace but I've realised thats actually Craig telfer....looks quite similar to him though

BoomtownHibees
02-10-2021, 12:26 PM
Who is the guy who hosted the show on Hibs pass with Yogi a few weeks back? For some reason I was certain he also hosted View from the terrace but I've realised thats actually Craig telfer....looks quite similar to him though

Gordon Smart

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 12:37 PM
I thought last nights show was a big improvement.
Slightly rearranged studio layout and set. Looked better.
Dial turned down on Telfer's forced zany which was an improvement.
No team supporting band playing at the end. Was very hit and miss. Glad it's gone.
Bank or bust is gone. Was boring. Glad it's gone.
There were 2 great wee films, one about Cumnock and one about the refreshments lady at Haddington.
Robert Borthwick didn't do his social media spot and it appears they may change the show personnel slightly week to week.
Worth the doubters watching it on the iplayer to see if they like it any better now.

tamig
02-10-2021, 12:40 PM

He should take Paul McGowan the policeman’s pal along with him to the barber.

hibby rae
02-10-2021, 12:59 PM
I thought last nights show was a big improvement.
Slightly rearranged studio layout and set. Looked better.
Dial turned down on Telfer's forced zany which was an improvement.
No team supporting band playing at the end. Was very hit and miss. Glad it's gone.
Bank or bust is gone. Was boring. Glad it's gone.
There were 2 great wee films, one about Cumnock and one about the refreshments lady at Haddington.
Robert Borthwick didn't do his social media spot and it appears they may change the show personnel slightly week to week.
Worth the doubters watching it on the iplayer to see if they like it any better now.

Might see Duncan McKay in the studio at some point. Having listened to the podcast, I very much doubt Tony Anderson will be allowed in front of a national audience 😂😂

hibby rae
02-10-2021, 01:00 PM
He should take Paul McGowan the policeman’s pal along with him to the barber.

I thought I was the only one this wound up! Why has no one told him to give it up?!

CMurdoch
02-10-2021, 01:30 PM
Might see Duncan McKay in the studio at some point. Having listened to the podcast, I very much doubt Tony Anderson will be allowed in front of a national audience 😂😂

I like the guys podcasts. It's their natural environment. Great company on dog walks.
I'm sure Tony would be fine on TV although they might need a few more takes :wink:.

RoxburghHibs
02-10-2021, 01:37 PM

I know the producer of this show. He’s a season ticket holder in the East stand. So there will be a fair amount of Hibs content don’t worry 👍🏼

hibby rae
02-10-2021, 02:05 PM
I like the guys podcasts. It's their natural environment. Great company on dog walks.
I'm sure Tony would be fine on TV although they might need a few more takes :wink:.

Yeah I really like the pod. Actually enjoy the lower league round up show more than the Prem one, think McGuigan and Telfer are very knowledgable and probs the two most charismatic. Some good folk on it who haven't made it over to the tv. The patreon is also worth the fiver a month as well. Especially when you're sat working away during the week, some really interesting shows on there.

It's defo never be on any earlier in the evening if Tony did feature 😂

lord bunberry
02-10-2021, 05:53 PM
I don’t mind Sked, he’s a hearts ******* but he doesn’t pretend to be anything other than that. The show is exactly what they want it to be. It’s a bit cheesy at times, but I don’t mind that.

BILLYHIBS
02-10-2021, 06:06 PM
The pies at Haddington Athletic looked guid

:cb

O'Rourke3
02-10-2021, 07:18 PM

:cbEspecially the puff pastry lid to keep the sauce in...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

davy67 +
02-10-2021, 07:58 PM

:cb
I've sampled them a few times they're fabulous, Andersons do excellent burgers and steak pies as well

davy67 +
02-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Decent enough start to the season last night , with some good features. You don't need to take it too seriously it's a perfect watch late night on a Friday , always gives me a laugh especially when Joel picks his banker

mjhibby
02-10-2021, 08:27 PM
A pretty good start to the new series. Is a wee bit irritating having two jambos on it but still an enjoyable show.

O'Rourke3
02-10-2021, 08:59 PM
I've sampled them a few times they're fabulous, Andersons do excellent burgers and steak pies as wellBurger Pies?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

02-10-2021, 09:03 PM
Enjoyed Craig Telfer's joke during his intro. "Rangers going for 56....or 2, depending on your sense of humour."

KeithWright9
03-10-2021, 09:11 AM
A burger and steak pie sounds pretty good …

hibby rae
03-10-2021, 12:50 PM
A burger and steak pie sounds pretty good …

I mind seeing folk eating slice sausage and scotch pie rolls at the BSC Glasgow game in Alloa. It looked very stodgy.

Squealing pig
03-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Think Armadale do doner meat pies at the games need them at Easter road to accompany the wedges 👌

BILLYHIBS
11-02-2022, 09:19 PM
Our favourite jambos return tonight with a Scottish Cup Special on the BBC Scotland Channel 10.30pm

Hulk1875
11-02-2022, 09:37 PM
Our favourite jambos return tonight with a Scottish Cup Special on the BBC Scotland Channel 10.30pm

Joel skidds top what belle*d

BILLYHIBS
11-02-2022, 09:41 PM

Bigging up Arbroath here starting to give me the fear :confused:

Hulk1875
11-02-2022, 09:53 PM

Bigging up Arbroath here starting to give me the fear :confused:

Missed that but should be all good

Not In The Know
11-02-2022, 11:43 PM

turned off soon as I saw it.

Insecure weirdo wearing that and tbh on bbc one not appropriate. I’m over that day. They disgraced themselves as a club to get there.

if this was a similar matter related to the old firm it would never be allowed on a national broadcaster. Jambo twats running that show are pushing their luck with the BBC.

Nicho87
12-02-2022, 05:58 AM
Never liked it an refused to watch

Someone needs to tell them they’re no funny an grow up, stripping an artex wall is more fun than that bunch of self proclaimed funny guys.

Newhaven
12-02-2022, 06:23 AM
A BBC funded jambo fest

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2022, 06:25 AM
Liked their short film on Banks O Dee the third biggest club in Aberdeen

Begged the question ‘well who is the second biggest?’

:dunno:

Onceinawhile
12-02-2022, 06:28 AM
Liked their short film on Banks O Dee the third biggest club in Aberdeen

Begged the question ‘well who is the second biggest?’

:dunno:

Cove rangers.

"We want more non old firm centric tv about scottish football"

Gets it

"No, not like that".

The banks o dee and wheelchair football parts were worth watching the show for on their own.

Also sked might be a jambo, but if it was a hibs fan pulling his nonsense the same folk above moaning would be calling him a legend.

BILLYHIBS
12-02-2022, 06:36 AM
Cove rangers.

Gets it

"No, not like that".

The banks o dee and wheelchair football parts were worth watching the show for on their own.

Also sked might be a jambo, but if it was a hibs fan pulling his nonsense the same folk above moaning would be calling him a legend.

:thumbsup:

Daniel 1875
12-02-2022, 07:19 AM
turned off soon as I saw it.

Insecure weirdo wearing that and tbh on bbc one not appropriate. I’m over that day. They disgraced themselves as a club to get there.

if this was a similar matter related to the old firm it would never be allowed on a national broadcaster. Jambo twats running that show are pushing their luck with the BBC.

‘Pushing their luck with the BBC’ because someone wore a maroon tshirt with the number 51 on it on a football panel show? Come on now.

Jones28
12-02-2022, 07:29 AM
Gosh we are a bit of a sensitive bunch aren’t we?

Wasn’t so long ago Irvine Welsh was on Hibs tv taking the piss out of Rangers abd we were loving it.

It’s no secret AVFTT is heavily populated with jambos and it’s a known quantity these days. I don’t watch it because I find the forced banter a hard watch, but the short films and features they do are excellent.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2022, 07:37 AM
Cove rangers.

Gets it

"No, not like that".

Spot on.

I'm not a huge fan of a View From The Terrace but the guys are really knowledgeable about Scottish football as a whole and spend a lot of time bigging up the game outside the usual BBC Glasgow bubble.

It's the same with Off The Ball. A show that spends a huge amount of time talking about Scottish football not involving the OF. Of course you can argue it's had it's day but both it and VFTT are preferable to the generic Sportsound output fronted by the likes of Gordon and English.

CallumLaidlaw
12-02-2022, 07:50 AM
I’ve been a fan since it started and our group has slowly joined in with watching it over the last couple of years.

It’s a light hearted look at Scottish football, it doesn’t focus on the old firm and it’s made by genuine fans that love their teams. Folk need to stop getting so upset about it. Sked plays the role of the bitter panto villain wonderfully. Tbh over the years they’ve talked hibs up a lot, and hammered hearts on occasion.

Scotty Leither
12-02-2022, 07:54 AM
Joel Sked looks like a Jambo. 'Nuff said.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2022, 07:56 AM
It's quite amusing that how quickly you were over 5-1 is almost competitive amongst some Hibs fans.

'I was over it a few days later'
'That' s nothing, I was over it in the pub that night'
'Bedwetters, I was over it before they even scored the 4th goal'

10 years later and we have people getting upset about a Hearts fan wearing a T shirt on TV.....

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 08:04 AM
Anyone who has a 51 t shirt on , clearly has Hibs more on their mind than they care to admit. I don’t watch these guys much, but when I do , I’ve always enjoyed most of the items they do . Good football fans , and avoiding the old firm . Can’t complain much about that.

Ps. Mind you , anyone caring about 51 these days clearly has Hearts on their mind more than they should !

Scotty Leither
12-02-2022, 08:09 AM
It's quite amusing that how quickly you were over 5-1 is almost competitive amongst some Hibs fans.

10 years later and we have people getting upset about a Hearts fan wearing a T shirt on TV.....

There's never any qualification with BBC Shortbread and that gangster Romanov's time with them and the success he bought them though, that's what grates PB.

Factor in Tom English's love-in with Budge and their fan-owned model which wouldn't have been possible without them bumping everybody and their wife for the thick end of £30m, then it's hard not to dislike pricks like Sked.

flash
12-02-2022, 08:32 AM

It took 2016 for me to get over it.

To be fair 2016 got me over quite a few things!

Orchard_Hibs
12-02-2022, 08:36 AM

Unpopular as it is, I’m not over it, still stings, not as bad as on the day but that was a dark dark day for us. I’ll be over it when we humiliate them in the Scottish cup final.

Drewster
12-02-2022, 08:47 AM
Unpopular as it is, I’m not over it, still stings, not as bad as on the day but that was a dark dark day for us. I’ll be over it when we humiliate them in the Scottish cup final.

What was humiliating is that their financial doping put them into administration & almost liquidation the following year - £30M of cheating that they conveniently like to ignore!

bigwheel
12-02-2022, 08:53 AM

…never affected me in that way - we were rubbish that season ….I can honestly (and irrationally) say that the one that hurt me most was 2004 V Livi …

Orchard_Hibs
12-02-2022, 09:11 AM
What was humiliating is that their financial doping put them into administration & almost liquidation the following year - £30M of cheating that they conveniently like to ignore!

Yeah that’s all true, no denying it.

Still a terrible memory for us that I’d rather hadn’t happened

LewysGot2
12-02-2022, 09:26 AM
Sked is the archetypal ****. Don’t mind Fowler though. He’s nowhere near as Guntish.

12-02-2022, 09:33 AM
Sled is a weirdo obsessed with hibs.

He tweeted this before the euro final:

“This Sunday, many in Scotland will experience
the feeling I feel every time Hibs are in a cup
final.
If it's like that fateful day in 2016, you can't
prepare. What I will say, it's not nearly as bad as
you think.
It's much, much worse. And it'll continue to
haunt you.“

greenginger
12-02-2022, 09:53 AM
There's never any qualification with BBC Shortbread and that gangster Romanov's time with them and the success he bought them though, that's what grates PB.

Factor in Tom English's love-in with Budge and their fan-owned model which wouldn't have been possible without them bumping everybody and their wife for the thick end of £30m, then it's hard not to dislike pricks like Sked.

The Ukio Bankas fraud trial must be due to start soon. With 13 Liths and a cardboard cut-out of Vlad in the dock it could be quite entertaining.

I hope some of the lower paygrades squeal like pigs and a lot of financial dirt involving HoMFC is revealed.

Mind you I’m sure BBC Scotland will either ignore it or excuse it.

jacomo
12-02-2022, 10:21 AM

final.
you think.
haunt you.“

Ha ha, we live rent free in his head.

12-02-2022, 10:52 AM

final.
you think.
haunt you.“

Since it began he's certainly gone downhill.

Jones28
12-02-2022, 11:14 AM
Since it began he's certainly gone downhill.

I wonder what he had toboggan with to get the job in first place?

Boss_Nass
12-02-2022, 11:31 AM
It’s a jambo fanzine and utterly unwatchable.

Onceinawhile
18-02-2022, 10:52 PM
Lot of kind words for previous guest Lewis Stevenson tonight.

hibee_girl
19-02-2022, 05:52 PM
Lot of kind words for previous guest Lewis Stevenson tonight.

Deservedly so :aok:

LewysGot2
20-02-2022, 08:15 AM
Good to see their hyping of R C-C and Ross Co on Friday night worked a treat 😀

Mcbizz1998
20-02-2022, 08:37 AM
An utter cringe fest of a show.

HibbyDave
20-02-2022, 10:13 AM
Only ever watched it once.
The power to change channel is yours.

As viewing figures fall the ****show will get punted.

Musselbound
20-02-2022, 03:35 PM
I wonder what he had toboggan with to get the job in first place?

He will be eating humble pie for dinner after predicting a Jambo win in Perth. The celebrations have been put on ice.

Squealing pig
25-02-2022, 10:35 PM
Decent bit on tonight’s episode , guy has some collection of hibs memorabilia

The dalmeny
26-02-2022, 07:20 AM

aye a jambo fanzine

https://twitter.com/theterracetv/status/1497239969043128323?s=21

Onceinawhile
26-02-2022, 08:44 AM
aye a jambo fanzine

https://twitter.com/theterracetv/status/1497239969043128323?s=21

They've done far, far more with or about hibs and our fans than probably any other team.

They had Lewis Stevenson on, the hibs retro guy, the programme shop guy, admiral fallow and retro video club. Fairly sure they put the cup final in the time capsule too.

Buy aye, jambo fanzine 🤣

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2022, 09:15 AM
They've done far, far more with or about hibs and our fans than probably any other team.

They had Lewis Stevenson on, the hibs retro guy, the programme shop guy, admiral fallow and retro video club. Fairly sure they put the cup final in the time capsule too.

Buy aye, jambo fanzine 🤣

The last clip on the opening title sequence is a Hibs fan kissing the camera during the pitch invasion.

Sure big Marv was on it once as well.

Daniel 1875
26-02-2022, 09:17 AM

Buy aye, jambo fanzine 🤣

Actually think they rarely talk about Hearts. The only mention of Hearts in the whole episode last night was at the very end when they picked Hearts in the bank or bust feature. Despite the fact 50% of the panel were Hearts fans.

Craig Fowler regularly covers Hibs games for the Evening News and knows what he’s talking about when it comes to us.

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2022, 07:23 PM
Enjoyed the short film on the Hibs fan that collects all things hibs

Currently on the BBCi Player

BILLYHIBS
28-02-2022, 09:11 AM
The HIBS collector video added from Friday night’s show

https://youtu.be/brSVQ0Pfruk

Swedish hibee
01-03-2022, 04:33 PM
The HIBS collector video added from Friday night’s show

https://youtu.be/brSVQ0Pfruk

Enjoyed that. Thanks for posting!

BILLYHIBS
01-03-2022, 04:53 PM
Enjoyed that. Thanks for posting!

Nae bother

👍

Nicho87
18-03-2022, 10:26 PM
Watched 20 minutes of this tonight

Awful awful programme, every pundit not funny and completley jambo ridden. Who was the boy wearing the maroon coloured sweater?

Jack Ross on too saying he didn’t watch cup final and clearly maybe rightfully didn’t want us to win cup final either.

Came across very bitter again maybe rightfully as he was sacked but didn’t come across well I thought

Anyway, I can’t stand that pile of turd, 4 jumped up experts apparently who think their comedians

hibby rae
18-03-2022, 10:29 PM

Awful awful programme, every pundit not funny and completley jambo ridden. Who was the boy wearing the maroon coloured sweater?

Jack Ross on too saying he didn’t watch cup final and clearly maybe rightfully didn’t want us to win cup final either.

Came across very bitter again maybe rightfully as he was sacked but didn’t come across well I thought

Anyway, I can’t stand that pile of turd, 4 jumped up experts apparently who think their comedians

Jack Ross didn't say he didn't want us to win at all. He said he didn't watch it and had mixed emotions. He was nowhere near bitter sounding.

The hosts were also very complimentary about Melkersen and defended Porteous' conduct at the Magabe red.

whiskas
18-03-2022, 10:30 PM

20 minutes is a decent effort tbf

Nicho87
18-03-2022, 10:32 PM
Jack Ross didn't say he didn't want us to win at all. He said he didn't watch it and had mixed emotions. He was nowhere near bitter sounding.

The hosts were also very complimentary about Melkersen and defended Porteous' conduct at the Magabe red.

Disagree - he said the players in the squad wanted to win a trophy off course

But someone had just sacked me so mixed emotions, I have no doubt he was quietly happy his previous employer didn’t win the final

Green Man
18-03-2022, 10:36 PM
I thought Jack Ross came across well, he was obviously disappointed to be sacked but was honest and realistic enough to accept that that’s football. He explained his mixed feelings about the final, which are understandable. I enjoyed his interview.

angus hibby
18-03-2022, 10:37 PM

Ross wasn’t bitter in the slightest and came across fine IMO. They criticise Hearts as much as anyone else, don’t like Rangers and Celtic and backed Ryan Porteous over his celebration on the red card. Praised Melkerson and our away support last week so nonsense to call it “completely Jambo ridden”

Nicho87
18-03-2022, 10:39 PM
Ross wasn’t bitter in the slightest and came across fine IMO. They criticise Hearts as much as anyone else, don’t like Rangers and Celtic and backed Ryan Porteous over his celebration on the red card. Praised Melkerson and our away support last week so nonsense to call it “completely Jambo ridden”

3 pundits all jambos

Sked
Flower
Borthwick

I stand by jambo ridden

Mcbizz1998
18-03-2022, 10:43 PM
Jambo cringe-fest. The guys on it are absolute gimps.

SMAXXA
18-03-2022, 10:43 PM
3 pundits all jambos

Sked
Flower
Borthwick

I stand by jambo ridden

Your right it’s a ***** programme
Also I agree it’s jambo ridden even if they were balanced tonight and can be on occasion but still awful and the facial expressions from them especially the host is bizarre at best

Seems your in the minority about JR though

hibby rae
18-03-2022, 10:50 PM
Disagree - he said the players in the squad wanted to win a trophy off course

But someone had just sacked me so mixed emotions, I have no doubt he was quietly happy his previous employer didn’t win the final

On one hand he wanted it for the players, on the other some people involved had just sacked him. So mixed emotions. Perfectly understandable. No bitterness, he even said we are a great club.

hibby rae
18-03-2022, 10:56 PM
Jambo cringe-fest. The guys on it are absolute gimps.

So just ignoring when Lewis Stevenson and Marv were on it, or Tony Anderson discussing Mark Oxley's goal, or that Duncan McKay is a Hibs season ticket holder and features all the time, or when Sunshine on Leith or Hibs Heroes featured at the end, or that they criticise Hearts just as much as anyone else.

People comment week upon week with the same tired criticism e.g. full of Hearts and they don't like the hosts, just don't watch it then.

kaimendhibs
19-03-2022, 12:02 AM
Love it. Not in a million years anti Hibs

Kato
19-03-2022, 12:30 AM
So just ignoring when Lewis Stevenson and Marv were on it, or Tony Anderson discussing Mark Oxley's goal, or that Duncan McKay is a Hibs season ticket holder and features all the time, or when Sunshine on Leith or Hibs Heroes featured at the end, or that they criticise Hearts just as much as anyone else.

People comment week upon week with the same tired criticism e.g. full of Hearts and they don't like the hosts, just don't watch it then.Correct. That's what I did. Watched it once, caught a bit of their sense of humour and have never watched it again.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Wheat Hound
19-03-2022, 01:06 AM
I thoroughly enjoy the show and enjoy the wee segments often about smaller clubs.

Gaffer1875
19-03-2022, 05:24 AM
Don’t like the show but thought the interview was good

eastterrace
19-03-2022, 08:44 AM
Jack Ross interview was funny and he was pretty truthful on how he felt about getting sacked. There is a few jambos on the show but I wouldn’t say they are biased, well not on camera .

CallumLaidlaw
19-03-2022, 08:46 AM

Agree. Folk just think it’s cool to hate things and use the excuse that there’s 3 jambos on it. Fowler in particular is normally extremely positive about hibs, and there’s plenty hibs content. Sked is funny and plays his part well.

Keyser Sauzee
19-03-2022, 09:08 AM
Quite like the show, haven’t watched it since it returned. Cannot stand Rob Borthwick though, he doesn’t even try to be balanced when discussing Hibs, Joel Sked and Craig Fowler do however.

The dalmeny
19-03-2022, 09:50 AM

agreed, very little about the top 2 which is great

Onceinawhile
19-03-2022, 10:21 AM
Quite like the show, haven’t watched it since it returned. Cannot stand Rob Borthwick though, he doesn’t even try to be balanced when discussing Hibs, Joel Sked and Craig Fowler do however.

I disagree, I think fowler is balanced, Borthwick is biased and Sked is the worst of these three.

I prefer sked to Borthwick though, just can't take to Borthwick for some reason.

Malthibby
19-03-2022, 10:48 AM
Think it's great, any programme which largely ignores the Bigot Brothers should always be supported. The Jambos don't hide who they support, don't have a problem with them.
GG

davy67 +
19-03-2022, 12:36 PM
Joel Sked is just a wind up artist, he's probably reading the comments on here and laughing, the more people moan the more he'll do it , it's just the same as Telfer always having a sly dig at Falkirk . I watch it most weeks it's decent Friday night viewing and not to be taken too seriously the films and guests are usually quite good too

SteveHFC
19-03-2022, 12:40 PM
Joel Sked is just a wind up artist, he's probably reading the comments on here and laughing, the more people moan the more he'll do it , it's just the same as Telfer always having a sly dig at Falkirk . I watch it most weeks it's decent Friday night viewing and not to be taken too seriously the films and guests are usually quite good too

Telfer’s sly digs at Falkirk are more funny than it should be. 😂

Onceinawhile
25-03-2022, 10:17 PM
Tonight's the night I had enough.

Matt Hardy did not vanity search his own name. I tagged him in the livi post about the Hardy Boyz and that is what kicked off the livi v Hardy Boyz feud.

I know this because matt Hardy liked my tweet.

For them to erase my contribution to scottish football is not OK.

SteveHFC
25-03-2022, 10:42 PM

Matt Hardy did not vanity search his own name. I tagged him in the livi post about the Hardy Boyz and that is what kicked off the livi v Hardy Boyz feud.

That’s pretty poor tbh.

LancashireHibby
26-03-2022, 09:45 AM

Tbf tweet them with that and you'll be guaranteed to get on the show next week :greengrin

Loved this week's feature with the young lad who supports East Stirlingshire. Proper tugged at the heart strings (as did the groundhopping one the other week)

JimBHibees
26-03-2022, 09:49 AM

What is the story behind this?

Onceinawhile
26-03-2022, 03:02 PM
What is the story behind this?

Livi said their midfield was the best tag team ever, even better than the Hardy Boyz.

I tagged matt Hardy in it saying, surely you don't agree.

Matt Hardy and Livingston then had a bit of a good fun twitter beef.

Wonderful times.

JimBHibees
26-03-2022, 03:08 PM
Livi said their midfield was the best tag team ever, even better than the Hardy Boyz.

I tagged matt Hardy in it saying, surely you don't agree.

Matt Hardy and Livingston then had a bit of a good fun twitter beef.

Wonderful times.

Ok cheers not sure I understand it anymore than I did before :greengrin

bod
26-03-2022, 03:33 PM
Just watched last nights & enjoyed it but why do the all wave their arms & hands about when they talk ?

Nicho87
27-03-2022, 02:09 PM
Just watched last nights & enjoyed it but why do the all wave their arms & hands about when they talk ?

Attention, to appear different, anything to paper the cracks that the material is dreadful

But I’m guessing.

Bet they don’t speak like that when the cameras aren’t on them

Musselbound
27-03-2022, 03:16 PM
Tbf tweet them with that and you'll be guaranteed to get on the show next week :greengrin

Loved this week's feature with the young lad who supports East Stirlingshire. Proper tugged at the heart strings (as did the groundhopping one the other week)

The features are consistently the best bit of the show and the best argument for it being a telly programme rather than radio or podcast, as I believe it started out. The pointless miming of the others as someone speaks, arm waving, daft facial expressions, etc is the most annoying thing after a while. Strikes me as an attempt to cover up that 80% or so of the show could still be radio or podcast just as easily.

At least they are knowledgeable about Scottish football and not just the Old Firm. Could do with a bit more diversity on the panel. Haven't even seen a woman yet.

Boss_Nass
27-03-2022, 03:29 PM
Agree with those who have posted about Terrace being a jambo fanzine- this is absolutely the truth. It is unwatchable.

The Duncan character is not a Hibee.

hibee_girl
27-03-2022, 03:37 PM
Agree with those who have posted about Terrace being a jambo fanzine- this is absolutely the truth. It is unwatchable.

He is, I see him regularly in the East Stand

leith lynx
27-03-2022, 04:11 PM
Some of the features are OK, but the smug Jamboism is, to me, unbearable.

hibby rae
27-03-2022, 06:05 PM

You couldn't be more wrong. He's also posted on here in the past.

LancashireHibby
27-03-2022, 08:03 PM
He is, I bumped in to him near the Playhouse after the derby last month.

green leaves
27-03-2022, 08:18 PM
Sked just looks like a ****

cjward2
27-03-2022, 08:43 PM
View from the Terrace is great. I watch it here in Canada and appreciate the fact that it is not leaning towards the big two teams, and that lots of attention is given to other leagues. Yes, some of the presenters are Jambos, but so what?? We are big enough and grown-up enough to handle that (aren't we?) I think it is a very refreshing type of show that Scottish football needs and benefits from. I take a bit more interest in the lower leagues and I live on the other side of the world.
We are all entitled to our opinions, as are the presenters, but I for one am glad the show is on and long may it continue.
So there!

Scotty Leither
27-03-2022, 10:11 PM
Sked just looks like a ****

Yup, he does.

cabbageandribs1875
27-03-2022, 10:33 PM
i've never watched it, and now i know it has jamboid presenters i never will :greengrin

Centre Hawf
27-03-2022, 11:12 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the show myself but Duncan is definitely a Hibee. He's commentating on Hibs TV in the past I believe.

Onceinawhile
28-03-2022, 11:52 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the show myself but Duncan is definitely a Hibee. He's commentating on Hibs TV in the past I believe.

He commentated on the game doidge got his hat trick v St johnstone.

evy
28-03-2022, 12:09 PM
The features are consistently the best bit of the show and the best argument for it being a telly programme rather than radio or podcast, as I believe it started out. The pointless miming of the others as someone speaks, arm waving, daft facial expressions, etc is the most annoying thing after a while. Strikes me as an attempt to cover up that 80% or so of the show could still be radio or podcast just as easily.

At least they are knowledgeable about Scottish football and not just the Old Firm. Could do with a bit more diversity on the panel. Haven't even seen a woman yet.

Still is a podcast, mainly drops onto Spotify on a Tuesday night after the weekend fixtures are complete.

hibby rae
01-04-2022, 10:53 PM
Well that's definitely the most powerful segment they've ever had on the show.

Once again, well done Stevie. As you kind of say on the show, funny how the randomness of a UEFA Cup tie 17 years ago has become something so much bigger. Odd quirks of fate.

*On a side note, is that a baby-faced Lewis Stevenson travelling in the squad prior to his first team debut? What a hair do. :greengrin

LewysGot2
02-04-2022, 06:39 AM
Two best ever bits on the show - lewy being on it was brilliant 👏 but last night was unbelievably good.

That's what that show does best. Stevens section was poignant and very well done

Pretty Boy
02-04-2022, 07:54 AM
Two best ever bits on the show - lewy being on it was brilliant 👏 but last night was unbelievably good.

That's what that show does best. Stevens section was poignant and very well done

Agree with the the 2nd paragraph.

The banter is a bit cringe and staged but the wee segments they do out of studio are generally very good. Last night's was particularly poignant because of it's ties to Hibs but they are consistently solid. The knowledge of and attention given to the lower leagues should be welcomed.

I'm not a huge fan of the show but I also think it's unfairly maligned by some. It's not without it's good points.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 08:04 AM
i've never watched it, and now i know it has jamboid presenters i never will :greengrin

Personally enjoy it a very good mix of a bit of banter and some really good pieces especially the lower league stuff.

The dalmeny
02-04-2022, 08:24 AM

as illustrated by the Dnipro piece

Hibby70
02-04-2022, 09:11 AM
Whether you like the show or not everyone should watch this episode purely for Stevie's section on Dnipro Kids.

Was welling up. Great stuff.

StevieC
02-04-2022, 09:33 AM
Whether you like the show or not everyone should watch this episode purely for Stevie's section on Dnipro Kids.

Was welling up.

So was I, and I knew what was coming 😂

I have to be honest and admit that I don’t usually watch it, but as mentioned above the segments within the show are well done by a very professional crew.
They were in my house for about 3 hours filming, and god knows how long they must have spent editing that to provide the short segment. Very friendly crew, very professional and reassuring throughout and resulted in what I thought was a nice piece that highlighted the strong link between supporter and charity.

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2022, 10:28 AM

I have to be honest and admit that I don’t usually watch it, but as mentioned above the segments within the show are well done by a very professional crew.
They were in my house for about 3 hours filming, and god knows how long they must have spent editing that to provide the short segment. Very friendly crew, very professional and reassuring throughout and resulted in what I thought was a nice piece that highlighted the strong link between supporter and charity.

It was excellent mate. And so is what you and the committee are doing.

Hibby70
02-04-2022, 10:38 AM

I hope that it's shown again to a wider audience , very moving and shows how much good football can do.

JimBHibees
02-04-2022, 10:59 AM
Just watched it absolutely fantastic and so humbling.

GreenCastle
02-04-2022, 11:36 AM
100% worth a watch if you haven’t seen the clip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0002x0t

12 mins 30 into episode 18.

Amazing stuff - well done.

Swedish hibee
02-04-2022, 07:04 PM
Really good watch.
Well done Stevie & everyone involved 👏

MacBean
02-04-2022, 10:16 PM
View from the Terrace is great. I watch it here in Canada and appreciate the fact that it is not leaning towards the big two teams, and that lots of attention is given to other leagues. Yes, some of the presenters are Jambos, but so what?? We are big enough and grown-up enough to handle that (aren't we?) I think it is a very refreshing type of show that Scottish football needs and benefits from. I take a bit more interest in the lower leagues and I live on the other side of the world.
We are all entitled to our opinions, as are the presenters, but I for one am glad the show is on and long may it continue.
So there!

100% agree with this

Glory Lurker
02-04-2022, 10:29 PM
100% agree with this

Me in all.

The Harp Awakes
02-04-2022, 10:58 PM

I thought the piece was brilliantly compiled. Hope it is broadcast more widely than the show itself.

What you guys have done is inspirational mate. To make such a difference to kids lives in such a desperate situation is truly moving.

Green Man
04-04-2022, 01:10 PM
I’ve just watched Friday’s episode and the piece about Stevie and Dnipro is superb. Seeing the impact that the charity has had on the kids there is wonderful, and it’s great that the work of Dnipro Kids is being highlighted in this way.

hibby rae
07-04-2022, 04:59 PM
Just a Jambofest eh :greengrin:greengrin

https://twitter.com/tonyterrace/status/1512094048609263619?s=20&t=h8nwvd92365h3R23e6SGgQ

NORTHERNHIBBY
08-04-2022, 10:14 PM
That bit about the Groundhoppers was good.

WeeRussell
09-04-2022, 01:05 AM
Just a Jambofest eh :greengrin:greengrin

https://twitter.com/tonyterrace/status/1512094048609263619?s=20&t=h8nwvd92365h3R23e6SGgQ

Cannae believe he got the question about teams have been top of the league this season 😂… albeit it seems like a loooong time ago

Hibs Class
09-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Football Focus today will feature Dnipro Kids, likely to be similar to view from the terrace but still worth a watch.