PDA

View Full Version : Team Vs United

Souter96Mac
17-12-2020, 02:26 PM
I was just thinking to myself, Ross has a couple tricky decisions to make regarding team selection for Saturday.

Hopefully Nisbet is back in the starting lineup, as I think we missed his presence against Alloa. His work in the 'number 10' role in the last 2 league games was missed on Tuesday, and as a result I think that impacted Newell and Hallberg. They seemed to struggle without having that link between midfield and attack.

However Mallan and Magennis both came on and provided some much needed impotence and attacking threat.

Will the likes of Murphy and Gogic be back fit for Saturday? Hopefully we'll find out in the pre match presser, but there's certainly a lot of lineup decisions Ross has to make - a good sign as the whole squad seems to be getting involved.

I think United tend to play a 352/532 so I'd be inclined to try and match that - unless Murphy is fit enough to start.

Rocky
McGinn Porto Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Mallan Newell Stevenson
Doidge Nisbet

Reckon Mallan deserves to start ahead of Wright, and see if he can take his opportunity.

If all are fit then it would leave us with a very strong bench to change it up if needed:
Barnes, McGregor, Gray, Doig, S. McGinn, Magennis, Gogic, Wright, Murphy, Gullan, Bradley

Not sure how many you're allowed on the bench this season? Think it's more than usual, but not sure what the max is.

tonyrougier123
17-12-2020, 02:44 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Porteous

Gray
P.mcginn
Newell
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Nisbet

flash
17-12-2020, 02:53 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Porteous

Gray
P.mcginn
Newell
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Nisbet

Reported.

oneone73
17-12-2020, 02:57 PM
I was just thinking to myself, Ross has a couple tricky decisions to make regarding team selection for Saturday.

Hopefully Nisbet is back in the starting lineup, as I think we missed his presence against Alloa. His work in the 'number 10' role in the last 2 league games was missed on Tuesday, and as a result I think that impacted Newell and Hallberg. They seemed to struggle without having that link between midfield and attack.

However Mallan and Magennis both came on and provided some much needed impotence and attacking threat.

Will the likes of Murphy and Gogic be back fit for Saturday? Hopefully we'll find out in the pre match presser, but there's certainly a lot of lineup decisions Ross has to make - a good sign as the whole squad seems to be getting involved.

I think United tend to play a 352/532 so I'd be inclined to try and match that - unless Murphy is fit enough to start.

Rocky
McGinn Porto Hanlon
Boyle Hallberg Mallan Newell Stevenson
Doidge Nisbet

Reckon Mallan deserves to start ahead of Wright, and see if he can take his opportunity.

If all are fit then it would leave us with a very strong bench to change it up if needed:
Barnes, McGregor, Gray, Doig, S. McGinn, Magennis, Gogic, Wright, Murphy, Gullan, Bradley

Not sure how many you're allowed on the bench this season? Think it's more than usual, but not sure what the max is.
Much needed impotence? Oo-er missus

tonyrougier123
17-12-2020, 03:18 PM
Reported.

😂

we are hibs
17-12-2020, 04:48 PM
Where are Gogic and Murphy? How long are they out?

hibee1875
17-12-2020, 04:51 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Porteous

Gray
P.mcginn
Newell
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Nisbet

😂😂 what!?

hibbydog
17-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Much needed impotence? Oo-er missus

I think he means impetus. But I like the mistake😀

number9dream
17-12-2020, 05:25 PM
I like the OP's team and rationale and had a laugh at the potency slip...
If Murphy, Gogic & Mackie remain out and Nisbet is coming back, Hallberg probably just about deserves to start, with Magennis still working his way back.
Is Doig a better wing-back option that Stevenson? JR will probably err on the side of experience.
United should be back to full strength after their Covid troubles and McNulty will fancy a goal against us, although he may be benched if Clark is back.

calumhibee1
17-12-2020, 05:37 PM
I see Hibs gave tweeted about us being back in action on Saturday. The accompanying picture? Scott Allan...

HFC93
17-12-2020, 05:42 PM
Marciano

Hanlon
McGregor
Porteous

Gray
P.mcginn
Newell
Mallan
Stevenson

Boyle
Nisbet

Gray???

Souter96Mac
17-12-2020, 06:11 PM
I think he means impetus. But I like the mistake😀

Haha yes, apologies!

MrRobot
17-12-2020, 06:20 PM
I see Hibs gave tweeted about us being back in action on Saturday. The accompanying picture? Scott Allan...

...and no mention of him being out in the preview :hyper

erin go bragh
17-12-2020, 09:32 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Magennis
Mallon
Newall

Boyle
Nisbet
Doidge

Vault Boy
17-12-2020, 09:38 PM

He's in the studio for The Match on HTV. Sorry folks. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
18-12-2020, 12:08 AM

He's in the studio for "the match"

As much as I'd love to get on the hype train, I reckon we're a while away yet.

The 90+2
18-12-2020, 12:14 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hamlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Gogic
McGennis

Doidge
Nisbett

JimBHibees
18-12-2020, 05:38 AM
Personally would start with team that started against Hamilton, different game this match as think United will fancy their chances and more space on the counter which may suit Wright more than others at present.

Gmack7
18-12-2020, 05:56 AM
Is Murphy definitely out?

JimBHibees
18-12-2020, 06:20 AM
Is Murphy definitely out?

Assuming so hamstring was in Motherwell game 2 weeks back so think will be lucky to see him back this month

J-C
18-12-2020, 07:26 AM

Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Newell
Magennis

Nisbet

Doidge

scoopyboy
18-12-2020, 08:10 AM
Personally would start with team that started against Hamilton, different game this match as think United will fancy their chances and more space on the counter which may suit Wright more than others at present.

I hope you are wrong.

Don't think Wright deserves to keep his place.

Nisbet back hopefully.

One of Magennis, Mallan or Gogic to replace Wright. Hallberg was dodgy at Alloa but probably deserves another start.

scoopyboy
18-12-2020, 08:11 AM

Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Mallan
Newell
Magennis

Nisbet

Doidge

That would do nicely, can always take Magennis off if not comfortable.

Benefit of having five subs.

JimBHibees
18-12-2020, 10:07 AM
I hope you are wrong.

Don't think Wright deserves to keep his place.

Nisbet back hopefully.

One of Magennis, Mallan or Gogic to replace Wright. Hallberg was dodgy at Alloa but probably deserves another start.

Thinking more on the premise he played well wide left v Hamilton and assume United will be more attacking. Not sure Mallan or Magennis either particularly suited to play wide left or properly match fit just yet. Nisbet playing would be a huge boost and hopefully Tuesday was a precaution though wouldn't want to be gambling on his fitness given the number of games upcoming.

J-C
18-12-2020, 10:41 AM

Magennis played on the left when he came on so obviously Ross feels he can do a job there, Gullan always play on the left too and Nisbet showed he can play that wee bit deeper.

Jones28
18-12-2020, 11:32 AM
​Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Gogic
Boyle Mallan Newall McGennis
Doidge

Kinross Hibee
18-12-2020, 03:06 PM
When roughly can we expect murphy / doig / mackie/ Allan / nissy / gogic back?

Iggy Pope
18-12-2020, 03:09 PM
When roughly can we expect murphy / doig / mackie/ Allan / nissy / gogic back?

It’s only when you see all the injuries and doubts lined up like this that you see how fortunate we are to have invested so well in the squad by signing the likes of Drey Wright and that.

Kinross Hibee
18-12-2020, 03:22 PM
It’s only when you see all the injuries and doubts lined up like this that you see how fortunate we are to have invested so well in the squad by signing the likes of Drey Wright and that.

😂 Off his back Iggy, we've all to give him a chance remember! Wouldn't want to upset any of our in-house snowflakes 🤗

On a serious note, need doig back asap. Stevenson is a hero but doig made a huge difference first 2 months of season

Hiber-nation
18-12-2020, 03:24 PM
😂 Off his back Iggy, we've all to give him a chance remember! Wouldn't want to upset any of our in-house snowflakes 🤗

On a serious note, need doig back asap. Stevenson is a hero but doig made a huge difference first 2 months of season

Doig was on the bench the other night.

Iggy Pope
18-12-2020, 03:24 PM

Jeez. Irony well lost on you there.

Kinross Hibee
18-12-2020, 03:29 PM
Doig was on the bench the other night.

Is he fit and just out of favour? Not seen much of reserve team news lately, has he been playing?

Liam978
18-12-2020, 03:32 PM

Aw Stevie, obviously tongue in cheek but far too critical. I remember how your big cus used to slag and hate Alan Gordon after almost half a season.Think you know what happened next.God rest his soul.RIP big Tosh.

Iggy Pope
18-12-2020, 03:41 PM
Aw Stevie, obviously tongue in cheek but far too critical. I remember how your big cus used to slag and hate Alan Gordon after almost half a season.Think you know what happened next.God rest his soul.RIP big Tosh.

Tongue still in the cheek. I wasn’t criticising anyone Jack. I was casually referring to the Drey Wright thread. Looks like it reads different outside my world.

BTW - I doubt he’d own up to the Alan Gordon stuff now!

Moulin Yarns
18-12-2020, 03:43 PM

😁👍

truehibernian
18-12-2020, 03:50 PM
The secret of this season's success is we have not had to tinker too much and any changes have been limited and through injury or suspension.

The only obvious change for me is Nisbet for Gullan if KN is fit. I'd stay faithful to Hallberg and Wright for this one. Mallan and Magennis added impact for sure, but that's where I think both are at present, great options for 20/30 minutes. Mallan needs to do it for the whole game and Kyle is easing into the side after injury.

We played some lovely stuff at 'Well and Hamilton and had good balance. Drey Wright getting criticism is a bit perplexing to be honest, actually think he's becoming more confident and from what I've seen of him, yes, he's inconsistent but you can't fault his always showing for the ball and not letting his head drop. Same with Hallberg. Both have made telling contributions in recent wins. I say don't mess too much with the winning formula.

Liam978
18-12-2020, 03:50 PM
Tongue still in the cheek. I wasn’t criticising anyone Jack. I was casually referring to the Drey Wright thread. Looks like it reads different outside my world.

BTW - I doubt he’d own up to the Alan Gordon stuff now!

HaHa like and love it man, see you have developed a now better way with words.

Highwayman
18-12-2020, 03:51 PM

Questions:-
(1) Is Sean Mackie fit to return.
(2) Is Josh Doig again scheduled for bench tomorrow
(3) If Lewis Stevenson retains his place tomorrow,does that mean Lewis is now first pick at left back

J-C
18-12-2020, 04:49 PM
Questions:-
(1) Is Sean Mackie fit to return.
(2) Is Josh Doig again scheduled for bench tomorrow
(3) If Lewis Stevenson retains his place tomorrow,does that mean Lewis is now first pick at left back

I think Lewis was always 1st choice, Doig did ok but is still young and was making a few tactical errors in his last couple games, as far as I'm aware the coaching staff see him as Hanlon's successor, Billywhizz I think will confirm this. Lewis himself said his career is starting to wind down and is enjoying working with the young guys, so he realises his game time will get less over the next season or so. Mackie has done well and when fit should be Lewis successor.

JimBHibees
18-12-2020, 08:02 PM
The secret of this season's success is we have not had to tinker too much and any changes have been limited and through injury or suspension.

The only obvious change for me is Nisbet for Gullan if KN is fit. I'd stay faithful to Hallberg and Wright for this one. Mallan and Magennis added impact for sure, but that's where I think both are at present, great options for 20/30 minutes. Mallan needs to do it for the whole game and Kyle is easing into the side after injury.

We played some lovely stuff at 'Well and Hamilton and had good balance. Drey Wright getting criticism is a bit perplexing to be honest, actually think he's becoming more confident and from what I've seen of him, yes, he's inconsistent but you can't fault his always showing for the ball and not letting his head drop. Same with Hallberg. Both have made telling contributions in recent wins. I say don't mess too much with the winning formula.

Agree with that.

Since452
18-12-2020, 09:23 PM

Agreed

Unseen work
19-12-2020, 05:41 AM
I’d be tempted to go with the same team that started v Motherwell;

...................Marciano.........

McGinn....Porteous....Hanlon....Stevenson..

Boyle.....Hallberg......Newell......Wright..

.............Nisbet........Doidge....

Something which works with this team/shape is that Nisbet drops deep to get on the ball causing the problem for the opposition of who picks him up, he also sits on the deepest of the opposition midfield and stops them playing.

I think United will play with 2 up top in McNulty and Shankland so it could be a busy day for our defence which could mean a return for Gogic to stop the supply getting to them. The 2 centre mids for United, Harkes and Fuchs, are both good players who try and do a bit of everything and are mobile so it maybe is better for Hallberg and go man for man.

Left mid is the other position I think there would be any decision to be made. A lot don’t see to rate Wright and it always seems to be him that’s hooked early, with Murphy out the options would be a slightly out of position Magennis and Mallan or Gullan.

S4uzee
19-12-2020, 09:43 AM
A tricky game today and despite our league position, only 2 home league wins all season. A poor statistic that needs to change

Tom Hart RIP
19-12-2020, 09:55 AM
Jack Ross says Alex Gogic Kevin Nisbet and Sean Mackie all available. Jamie Murphy still out.

Billy Whizz
19-12-2020, 11:35 AM
Looking forward to the game now

calumhibee1
19-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Magennis

Doidge
Nisbet

Stuart93
19-12-2020, 12:54 PM
No sure I like Magennis out wide

S4uzee
19-12-2020, 12:55 PM

Ageee, thought he was a CM

supermcginn
19-12-2020, 01:00 PM
Ageee, thought he was a CM
He played wide at st mirren pretty much every week.

Andy74
19-12-2020, 01:03 PM

He plays pretty much anywhere in midfield.