Iggy Pope
16-12-2020, 04:09 PM
Gets the WBA gig.
Hope they crash....!

1 8 7 5
16-12-2020, 04:20 PM
Gets the WBA gig.
Hope they crash....!

what a living Allardyce has made. he will keep them up then after a further year will be sacked. he will go into suspended animation, before being thawed out again to manage another club through relegation troubles....

Carheenlea
16-12-2020, 04:22 PM
Has Allerdyce not made something ridiculous like £14M in combined earnings simply from sackings/pay offs from clubs?

Always seems to end one way for whoever employs him - depositing multiple millions into his bank account when it’s time to get rid.

Billy Whizz
16-12-2020, 04:23 PM
Has Allerdyce not made something ridiculous like £14M in combined earnings simply from sackings/pay offs from clubs?

Always seems to end one way for whoever employs him - depositing multiple millions into his bank account when it’s time to get rid.

Bought a luxury Villa in the Costa Del Sol, with one of his payoffs

CockneyRebel
16-12-2020, 04:42 PM

Paid for with the multiple millions he saved them by avoiding relegation

J-C
16-12-2020, 04:45 PM
WBA a disgrace for getting rid of Bilic, took them up and spent pennies on the squad, what did the board expect from him, they're a yoyo club.

Scottie
16-12-2020, 04:50 PM
WBA a disgrace for getting rid of Bilic, took them up and spent pennies on the squad, what did the board expect from him, they're a yoyo club.
:agree: No class whatsoever from WBA. With brown envelope Sam I hope they drop like a stone.

Peevemor
16-12-2020, 04:54 PM
A bit more detail...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201216/806fb98a46c68c001b804fcd4f2cf428.jpg

EdinMike
16-12-2020, 04:55 PM
Sam has made more in his life at being a failure than I’ll ever make trying to be decent.

MWHIBBIES
16-12-2020, 04:59 PM
Sam has made more in his life at being a failure than I’ll ever make trying to be decent.

What jobs did he fail at? Certainly not Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham, Palace or Sunderland. Newcastle for sure. Done okay with Everton, nothing special.

Decent manager who gets misrepresented because he is a big bloke who plays bad football. He was well ahead of his time with Bolton when it came to sports science. His teams are always brutal and full of thugs but he doesnt really do a bad job.

Andy74
16-12-2020, 05:18 PM
:agree: No class whatsoever from WBA. With brown envelope Sam I hope they drop like a stone.

We’re always a bit more patient with other teams managers. They’ve lost 8 of their last 13 games and have only beaten Sheffield United.

By comparison Neil Lennon is on track for another treble, lost 1 league game and folk think he’s been given too long!

hibby6270
16-12-2020, 05:55 PM
100% record as England manager!!:wink:

The Modfather
16-12-2020, 06:24 PM
We’re always a bit more patient with other teams managers. They’ve lost 8 of their last 13 games and have only beaten Sheffield United.

By comparison Neil Lennon is on track for another treble, lost 1 league game and folk think he’s been given too long!

Think the difference is context. Billic took a club renowned as a yo yo club up which didn’t invest big and was always expected to struggle. Lennon came in, did well initially and then spent a lot of money with his Hibs and Celtc sides regressing at a rate of knots in his last season with us and Celtc this season. Lennon left a bigger mess for the next man to sort than solely results and Celtc look like needing a squad rebuild.

On topic, it appears poor from WBA. Particularly on the back of a draw at Man City and still within touching distance of safety. Should either have got Alladyce in the summer and thanked Billic for getting them up or give him well into the season before panicking.

Andy74
16-12-2020, 06:34 PM
Think the difference is context. Billic took a club renowned as a yo yo club up which didn’t invest big and was always expected to struggle. Lennon came in, did well initially and then spent a lot of money with his Hibs and Celtc sides regressing at a rate of knots in his last season with us and Celtc this season. Lennon left a bigger mess for the next man to sort than solely results and Celtc look like needing a squad rebuild.

On topic, it appears poor from WBA. Particularly on the back of a draw at Man City and still within touching distance of safety. Should either have got Alladyce in the summer and thanked Billic for getting them up or give him well into the season before panicking.

Context rarely matters on a run of results.

We’ve kicked about bottom half of the league then started to get agitate pretty quickly when we’ve had some improvement that then drops off.

CloudSquall
16-12-2020, 06:38 PM
Backs to the wall 541 and hoofs up the park to a target man, can't wait to watch it in action against the likes of Fulham and Burnley in the best league in the world.

EI255
16-12-2020, 06:54 PM
A man who must have quite literally laughed all the way to his bank (quite a few times too).

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Lendo
16-12-2020, 06:58 PM
Destroy and Exit is the phrase I believe Bob Mortimer would use. Another big payout coming Sam’s way.

jgl07
16-12-2020, 07:01 PM
what a living Allardyce has made. he will keep them up then after a further year will be sacked. he will go into suspended animation, before being thawed out again to manage another club through relegation troubles....
More likely he will ensure they go down and if he survives, he will gain promotion next season. He will be sacked early doors the season after next!

Alfred E Newman
16-12-2020, 07:29 PM
What jobs did he fail at? Certainly not Bolton, Blackburn, West Ham, Palace or Sunderland. Newcastle for sure. Done okay with Everton, nothing special.

Decent manager who gets misrepresented because he is a big bloke who plays bad football. He was well ahead of his time with Bolton when it came to sports science. His teams are always brutal and full of thugs but he doesnt really do a bad job.

That explains why he was linked with the Hearts job.

AugustaHibs
16-12-2020, 07:50 PM
Backs to the wall 541 and hoofs up the park to a target man, can't wait to watch it in action against the likes of Fulham and Burnley in the best league in the world.

Do you expect them to try and pass teams like Man City and Liverpool off the park like?

Iggy Pope
16-12-2020, 07:55 PM
Do you expect them to try and pass teams like Man City and Liverpool off the park like?

They drew with Man City last night.....

allezsauzee
16-12-2020, 11:13 PM
The Fat Sam playbook:
1) Get gig at a club who haven't made a great start but are by no means a lost cause
2) Tell anyone who will listen that it'll be a miracle if he manages to keep the club up
3) Tighten the clubs defence by having them play eye bleeding defensive football, thus claiming to make some progress in steadying the ship
4) Bring in a load of players in at the January transfer window , increasing the club's wage bill way above the level his predecessor did whilst receiving a few kickbacks from agents
5) Continue to have the team play eye bleeding football in the hope that they scrape enough points together to finish above the club that inevitably crashes down the table in the run in.
6) Depending on results either a)proclaim himself a miracle worker when they finish 4th bottom an escaping relegation on goal difference or b) get sacked an paid out on the remainder of his 3 year contract.
7) If sacked avoid getting a job at the start of the next season so he can repeat the above steps.

kaimendhibs
16-12-2020, 11:57 PM
Not sure Sam is a failure. Normally does a great job for clubs hes brought in to save

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
17-12-2020, 02:18 AM
He's not a failure :greengrin bull****.

Bolton, he was amazing at them made the hundreds of millions. From League 1 to Premiership stability and then Europe, he almost took them to the champions league. (left, no pay off)

Newcastle, Fat Mike sacked him then they went down.

Blackburn, the Venkys took over, sacked him and then went down two leagues replaced by the Venkys pal Steve Kean, absolute disaster.

West Ham, took them over when relegated and got them promoted and then kept them up. (left contract ended)

Sunderland, they looked down and relegated when he took over from Wee Dick. Kept them up. (left for England, would have not only made Sunderland millions staying up but compensation also)

Palace, kept them up. (resigned, no pay off)

Everton, done alright. (left no pay off)

Said nah to fat Mike last year again to Newcastle.

England would have made him millions. He's never a failure.

JimBHibees
17-12-2020, 05:57 AM

Fulham are actually a decent football playing team while Burnley and any team managed by Allardyce are simply horrific to watch especially in a league where indecent amounts of money are spent on players.

MWHIBBIES
17-12-2020, 06:20 AM
Fulham are actually a decent football playing team while Burnley and any team managed by Allardyce are simply horrific to watch especially in a league where indecent amounts of money are spent on players.

Burnley don't spend crazy money, though. They are do really well and sure, its not exactly pretty but football would be boring if everyone played the same. Someone has to kick it long to big forwards.

Iain G
17-12-2020, 07:12 AM
He's not a failure :greengrin bull****.

Bolton, he was amazing at them made the hundreds of millions. From League 1 to Premiership stability and then Europe, he almost took them to the champions league. (left, no pay off)

Newcastle, Fat Mike sacked him then they went down.

Blackburn, the Venkys took over, sacked him and then went down two leagues replaced by the Venkys pal Steve Kean, absolute disaster.

West Ham, took them over when relegated and got them promoted and then kept them up. (left contract ended)

Sunderland, they looked down and relegated when he took over from Wee Dick. Kept them up. (left for England, would have not only made Sunderland millions staying up but compensation also)

Palace, kept them up. (resigned, no pay off)

Everton, done alright. (left no pay off)

Said nah to fat Mike last year again to Newcastle.

England would have made him millions. He's never a failure.

Just a shame he is a crook really!

The Count
17-12-2020, 07:19 AM
Managers are full of double standards.One minute saying out of respect that team has a manager and i dont want to talk about that job.The next they are negotiating terms behind that said managers back and are appointed within hours of the said managers sacking.Then they criticise players for not being loyal and agitating for a move.As i say Double Standards tbe lot of them.

Hiber-nation
17-12-2020, 08:53 AM
I don't support an English team but I watch the EPL to see good football. While Allardyce's use of sports science sets him aside a bit from your typical Big Ron Manager types, I just don't want to watch his teams play. Same goes for Dyche. Eye bleeding.

J-C
17-12-2020, 11:09 AM
I don't support an English team but I watch the EPL to see good football. While Allardyce's use of sports science sets him aside a bit from your typical Big Ron Manager types, I just don't want to watch his teams play. Same goes for Dyche. Eye bleeding.

Unfortunately unless you have multi millions teams like Burnley, Sheffield Utd etc have to play in such a way that keeps them where the big bucks are. I love that Hesenhuttl at Southampton is playing the right way, took him a year or so and flirted with relegation but they're pleasing on the eye.

The 90+2
17-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Just a shame he is a crook really!

Totally.

Hibernia&Alba
18-12-2020, 10:42 AM
It's never gong to be exciting football, but he's ideal for a club trying to stay up. Stone age tactics but seems to get the best from average players.

Jones28
18-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a sensible appointment to me, he's the guy you call if you want to stay in the PL.

Has he ever been relegated?

Michael
18-12-2020, 01:01 PM
Sounds like a sensible appointment to me, he's the guy you call if you want to stay in the PL.

Has he ever been relegated?

Never relegated, but this has to be one of his toughest challenges.

basehibby
18-12-2020, 01:37 PM

That would be the treble with only two trophies in it after getting launched from the league cup?

Edit - of course that's LAST season's treble you're talking about - and godspeed to them as far as that's concerned!

Kinross Hibee
18-12-2020, 04:06 PM
Hope he does the business, an absolute gentleman when I met him in 1998! Although he's had his controversy since then 😂 Also like to see the underdog do well when getting promoted to premiership.

Carheenlea
09-01-2021, 07:05 PM
5 games in and no wins.

Great work if you can get it and his next big pay day may come sooner than he originally estimated.

Iain G
09-01-2021, 07:14 PM
5 games in and no wins.

Great work if you can get it and his next big pay day may come sooner than he originally estimated.

So an incompetent crook these days then 😂

Hermit Crab
10-01-2021, 12:23 AM
Beaten by a team who are terrible, 13th in league 1 with only 8 league wins all season. WBA were behind twice as well.

Onceinawhile
10-01-2021, 01:25 AM
Voted for brexit

Struggling to sign European players due to red tape 🤣🤣🤣

Magpie
10-01-2021, 03:41 AM
I don’t think they should have got rid of Bilic but he’s already got a new job at Beijing so maybe that had something to do with it.

Allardyce has a good record of keeping clubs up though who are struggling. Can’t see it happening this season though. The masterclass against Liverpool will do.

Phil MaGlass
10-01-2021, 08:03 AM
Voted for brexit

:greengrin:greengrin

green day
10-01-2021, 08:07 AM
Voted for brexit

Cold pint of Schadenfreude should relax him...............

ScottB
10-01-2021, 08:20 AM
Yeah, pitches up mid season by choice, then starts moaning about risking his health and complaining the Brexit he wanted is making his job harder.

No sympathy.

jacomo
10-01-2021, 09:24 AM
Yeah, pitches up mid season by choice, then starts moaning about risking his health and complaining the Brexit he wanted is making his job harder.

No sympathy.

Can’t stand the man. Relegation would certainly knock the Big Sam smug factor down a peg or two.

blackpoolhibs
10-01-2021, 11:23 AM
I watched the game yesterday, he did put out a reserve team, and Blackpool were virtually full strength.

I don't think Sam was taking the game too seriously.:greengrin

Jim44
10-01-2021, 11:28 AM
Best words to describe this geezer ........ chronically peripatetic.

EI255
10-01-2021, 12:34 PM
5 games in and no wins.

Great work if you can get it and his next big pay day may come sooner than he originally estimated.Will buy him another pad in Spain. Doubt he'll be worrying too much.

That being said, he's not the saviour everyone thinks he is.

This will pro be his final big gig.

Iain G
10-01-2021, 12:43 PM
I watched the game yesterday, he did put out a reserve team, and Blackpool were virtually full strength.

I don't think Sam was taking the game too seriously.:greengrin

Maybe he got good odds on Blackpool from some chum in the middle East 😂

Onceinawhile
10-01-2021, 02:06 PM
Will buy him another pad in Spain. Doubt he'll be worrying too much.

That being said, he's not the saviour everyone thinks he is.

This will pro be his final big gig.

He'll not be able to visit it very often though.

EI255
10-01-2021, 03:43 PM
He'll not be able to visit it very often though.90 days at a time, unless he has an EU passport.

Hibiza
10-01-2021, 06:12 PM
A serial greedy millionaire.