PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV Match Highlights

Greenbeard
16-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Been disappointed this season with the lack of content in the match highlights. Used to get a decent watch of 8-10 mins with much more content than Sportscene. Now we seem to get not much more than the goals and multiple replays.
Last night as an example. Less than 4 mins overall. Only five passages of play. Gullan shot 1st half - shown x3. Alloa goal x4. Hibs goal x4. Doidge header x2. Hibs goal x3. I know by all accounts it wasn't a great watch but from the reports and listening to the entire second half, it seems we had a few other efforts worth showing, as well as some action up Rocky's end.

Peevemor
16-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Been disappointed this season with the lack of content in the match highlights. Used to get a decent watch of 8-10 mins with much more content than Sportscene. Now we seem to get not much more than the goals and multiple replays.
Last night as an example. Less than 4 mins overall. Only five passages of play. Gullan shot 1st half - shown x3. Alloa goal x4. Hibs goal x4. Doidge header x2. Hibs goal x3. I know by all accounts it wasn't a great watch but from the reports and listening to the entire second half, it seems we had a few other efforts worth showing, as well as some action up Rocky's end.

I noticed that too when watching the highlights from Saturday. I don't know why that's changed.

Lendo
16-12-2020, 09:58 AM

Agreed. No post-match interviews after the Hamilton game at the weekend which i thought was weird after such a good win.

Bright_Hibee
16-12-2020, 11:45 AM
The service has deteriorated in quality. It does seem like the team can't be bothered to produce the same level of output

Unseen work
16-12-2020, 11:49 AM
You’d be doing well to find a luckier goal than Alloa’s first, took about 4 deflections before going in.

Peevemor
16-12-2020, 11:54 AM
The service has deteriorated in quality. It does seem like the team can't be bothered to produce the same level of output

I think Covid restrictions/considerations have had an effect (maybe access was difficult for the post match interviews on Saturday, or maybe there weren't enough Hibs TV people there?), but I hope the frequent technical hitches and reduced content is't a sign of things to come.

malcolm
16-12-2020, 12:43 PM
In the past we would have been used to finding that interesting and controversial incidents were left on the cutting floor of a glasgow tv studio presumably either a level of disinterest or bias being in operation. I suspect that the edit of highlights is presumably currently not done in house and is more an off the shelf external provision. There may be good reason to adopt this approach at present but if it is part of the new TV offering going forward, then those videos need to be called something other than match highlights:wink:.

I never saw this game but listened to it and read the ‘how it feels’ report so I’ve an idea of what was missing. I’ve thought before that if only this had the relevant minute alongside descriptions of events then, where HibsTV provide whole game, I could find them without trying scrolling in hit or miss fashion. :greengrin A bit much to ask though!

Peevemor
16-12-2020, 12:47 PM
In the past we would have been used to finding that interesting and controversial incidents were left on the cutting floor of a glasgow tv studio presumably either a level of disinterest or bias being in operation. I suspect that the edit of highlights is presumably currently not done in house and is more an off the shelf external provision. There may be good reason to adopt this approach at present but if it is part of the new TV offering going forward, then those videos need to be called something other than match highlights:wink:.

I never saw this game but listened to it and read the ‘how it feels’ report so I’ve an idea of what was missing. I’ve thought before that if only this had the relevant minute alongside descriptions of events then, where HibsTV provide whole game, I could find them without trying scrolling in hit or miss fashion. :greengrin A bit much to ask though!

You can look at the BBC live text to see if the incident is reported which will give you the time.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55322968

malcolm
16-12-2020, 12:58 PM
You can look at the BBC live text to see if the incident is reported which will give you the time.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55322968

Ha right enough I never read the bbc reports.

Greenbeard
16-12-2020, 01:01 PM

Good idea if it's not too much bother for JB. I have posted on his How It Feels thread.

Greenbeard
16-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Just re-read my OP and on second thoughts we maybe don't need as much detailed action as this.